Never both though.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 1646
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: Cindy Kate & Percy Date Night Mafia <3 [DAY 1]

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Tangrowth wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 2:17 pm Bunny coming in here and doing what she did was probably just town, but I really can't make a ton of sense of it, it's a perspective I have trouble understanding.
I'd call her slot similar to Gavial's right now. Their reads are against-the-grain enough that it's hard to say "those are fake reads", but that's also a poor reason to heap credit upon someone. Outer-layer suspects or something.
Spoiler: show
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 432
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

So I'm really not sure I feel great about yeeting nutella right now, but I sort of get it. I don't really have someone I'm "scum reading" because I try to avoid doing that on purpose because it's never ended well this early.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 2:19 pm
Tangrowth wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 2:17 pm Bunny coming in here and doing what she did was probably just town, but I really can't make a ton of sense of it, it's a perspective I have trouble understanding.
I'd call her slot similar to Gavial's right now. Their reads are against-the-grain enough that it's hard to say "those are fake reads", but that's also a poor reason to heap credit upon someone. Outer-layer suspects or something.
Yeah, that's a good term for it.
Actvscenei
The Mark
Posts in topic: 303
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Post by Actvscenei »

Tangrowth wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 2:15 pm
Actvscenei wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 2:13 pm
Tangrowth wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 2:07 pm I'm like shoving Owner with my vines right now, but she could actually be town. I am increasingly getting the feeling she believes what she's saying. I need to hear more from her though before feeling comfortable with that.
I agree with you that Owner likely believes what she’s saying, but I’m not so sure that means she’s town. What do you make of the wagon building on her?
I'm not really sure, I think there's just some innate desire to want a counterwagon, and Owner is a pretty easy person to suspect for the things she's said in this game.
Do you happen to remember who started the Owner wagon and why?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Actvscenei wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 2:20 pm
Tangrowth wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 2:15 pm
Actvscenei wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 2:13 pm
Tangrowth wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 2:07 pm I'm like shoving Owner with my vines right now, but she could actually be town. I am increasingly getting the feeling she believes what she's saying. I need to hear more from her though before feeling comfortable with that.
I agree with you that Owner likely believes what she’s saying, but I’m not so sure that means she’s town. What do you make of the wagon building on her?
I'm not really sure, I think there's just some innate desire to want a counterwagon, and Owner is a pretty easy person to suspect for the things she's said in this game.
Do you happen to remember who started the Owner wagon and why?
Was it Sean? I can go look.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 217
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Sloonei wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 2:11 pm
Tangrowth wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 2:06 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 2:02 pm
nutella wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 1:56 pm [VOTE: sloonei] aubergine

what do you actually believe
That you don't believe in this vote.
omg explain.
I think regardless of alignment, nutella was bothered by my comment. I stand by it, but I acknowledge that it's an annoying way to present a suspicion. But I think this reactionary vote is kneejerk, impulsive, and probably an attempt to stir up some of the absent feistiness. I don't think nutella actually suspects me for the comment or anything else I've done. I think the suggestion that my beliefs in this game are dubious has no contextual backing. It is verbal filler. I have not been Thread Leader Sloon in this game, but I have not withheld reads either.
This actually doesn't say anything aaaaaaaa
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Tangrowth wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 2:18 pm Maybe a part of me just sees it like... if we yeet nutella d1 in this game and she's town, then that's a bad feel. I guess I can shrug at it though. I still sort of feel like she's town, but she hasn't been inspiring, but does that make her not town? It could. I don't know. I also don't have a sense for how nutella has changed since we played together last, if at all.
I've played with her plenty during that window when you have not, and I still feel pretty similarly. I am leaning less in the town direction than you seem to be, but I definitely understand the feeling of conflict.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

nutella wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 2:20 pm This actually doesn't say anything aaaaaaaa
What is it supposed to say?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 1:07 am Image

Reasonably sure this is why it feels like mostly perc people with suspicion around them btw

Its not "OH NO NEW PEOPLE," its just a volume issue. The two highest posting perc people are guillo and sonny and afaik they're both fairly widely townread
Also yeah, this probably could use reiterating. I can't speak for anyone, but I don't think any of the TS people want anything but a very welcoming environment for the PerC/MafC folks, to the extent a mafia game can feel that way.
Gavial
Made Man
Posts in topic: 255

Post by Gavial »

Guillotine wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 12:02 pm It's official. JJ and Alison are no longer in my scum pile.

Bad Bunny, Owner and Dana, welcome to my scum pile.

Town Read

Nanook (i'll die on this hill)
Macdougall
Alison
JJ

Town Lean

Hawktine
Tang
Kito

Null

Lomo
Act
Allcrab
Garden Gnome
Long Con
Seanzie
Made
Sonny

Scum Pile

Nutella
Belzy
Bad bunny
Dana
Owner
Gavial

If i forgot about you, you are null too.
Why in the fuck am I in your scum pile?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

If it's unclear, I'm super stoked to have the PerC/MafC squad here. It's been too long since we've done a proper crossover game, and these are the best. :biggrin:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

We are all friends here, even though we're trying to kill each other! Tangy hugs!

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Hey Jay, we laid per-game slank cover, didn't we.
Owner of a Lonely Heart
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 83
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Re: Cindy Kate & Percy Date Night Mafia <3 [PRE-GAME]

Post by Owner of a Lonely Heart »

Tangrowth wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 2:01 pm
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 1:59 pm
I didn't say it was gambit. I said there's 2 main boxes scum and town gambits, when it comes to agendas. I guess the point I'm driving is that me personally, I look for scum. I look to build that world of connections that connect all the scum moving parts together. Whether that's the mafia team or whether that's a player who has scum motives, posts a lot and could very likely be 3p. In my mind, 3p is just as dangerous as mafia as they can blend in better and I feel like I might be one of the only ones who really looks for them from the start of the game. I look for any and all scum from the beginning. I'm not likely building the town circle unless I've likely have played with everyone in the game before. I feel better about looking for worlds. That's just me.
I don't play that way, so why are you suspecting me for playing the way I normally do?

Your methods are valid though, and I appreciate your commentary as well as your presence.
In my mind, the behavior that you are doing is scummy. I can't get around that. I did initially think you were townie. What scares me is level that people are comfortable with you. I get it. Some people are comfortable with how I play too. The only thing I particularly remembered about you was that you post a lot, and that could be either alignment I feel like. So if you aren't scum, so you would be a straight null, you would still be in poe for me. But I need to read and focus on more people in this game to get a better understanding of things and hopefully get to a full reads list if I even have time for that.

What you are doing is harder to discern, but the thing is there. You can maybe mimic town, but I feel you are different. Does that make sense?

ummm...I feel like so many people will read this and not get what I'm saying...umm

You say you don't play that way. But you are simultaneously expecting me to know how your normal is. I don't have your normal information. I'm going by feels and meta and stuff like that. I feel an agenda pushing mentality which makes me feel guarded or feel like your words are trying to assess who to keep or not keep. I could be talking to a SK right now for all I know. Hally claims it pretty regularly so you would be in competition there. But, I see how you are saying those words good reasons to back them up..but I feel like those might just be surface level reasons.

It is just how I feel.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 685
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 2:20 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 2:11 pm
Tangrowth wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 2:06 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 2:02 pm
nutella wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 1:56 pm [VOTE: sloonei] aubergine

what do you actually believe
That you don't believe in this vote.
omg explain.
I think regardless of alignment, nutella was bothered by my comment. I stand by it, but I acknowledge that it's an annoying way to present a suspicion. But I think this reactionary vote is kneejerk, impulsive, and probably an attempt to stir up some of the absent feistiness. I don't think nutella actually suspects me for the comment or anything else I've done. I think the suggestion that my beliefs in this game are dubious has no contextual backing. It is verbal filler. I have not been Thread Leader Sloon in this game, but I have not withheld reads either.
This actually doesn't say anything aaaaaaaa
I think it says a lot. I don't think you are struggling to figure out what I "believe" in this game.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 352
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

I'm about to take a nap. Good chance I'm not around for eod. Happy with my vote where it is
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Tangrowth wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 2:24 pm Hey Jay, we laid per-game slank cover, didn't we.
Best evidence we're both town in the game. :grin:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

That sloonei post is actually irredeemable lmao
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Verbal filler my ass
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 1:03 pm
Belzy wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 12:56 pm 7 put of 9 of your POE pool are from Percy. Townread on Gavial surprises me. Do you make easier town reads on people you are familiair with?
I'm probably going to move Gavial down a tier and switch him with Long Con.

Familiarity probably helps to an extent sure. With certain players like Sloonei it helps a lot. I think the more important correlation in my reads is with activity level. The PerC crowd has generally been less active, and it doesn't surprise me really that it has resulted in a greater prevalence of PerC players in my POE. That's to be expected. I don't know if the actual mafia team reflects that, but I'd be comfortable projecting a 3-2 PerC-Syndicate split on a team of five for example.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

nutella wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 2:24 pm That sloonei post is actually irredeemable lmao
okay this is fake

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 2:24 pm
I didn't say it was gambit. I said there's 2 main boxes scum and town gambits, when it comes to agendas. I guess the point I'm driving is that me personally, I look for scum. I look to build that world of connections that connect all the scum moving parts together. Whether that's the mafia team or whether that's a player who has scum motives, posts a lot and could very likely be 3p. In my mind, 3p is just as dangerous as mafia as they can blend in better and I feel like I might be one of the only ones who really looks for them from the start of the game. I look for any and all scum from the beginning. I'm not likely building the town circle unless I've likely have played with everyone in the game before. I feel better about looking for worlds. That's just me.
I don't play that way, so why are you suspecting me for playing the way I normally do?

Your methods are valid though, and I appreciate your commentary as well as your presence.
In my mind, the behavior that you are doing is scummy. I can't get around that. I did initially think you were townie. What scares me is level that people are comfortable with you. I get it. Some people are comfortable with how I play too. The only thing I particularly remembered about you was that you post a lot, and that could be either alignment I feel like. So if you aren't scum, so you would be a straight null, you would still be in poe for me. But I need to read and focus on more people in this game to get a better understanding of things and hopefully get to a full reads list if I even have time for that.

What you are doing is harder to discern, but the thing is there. You can maybe mimic town, but I feel you are different. Does that make sense?

ummm...I feel like so many people will read this and not get what I'm saying...umm

You say you don't play that way. But you are simultaneously expecting me to know how your normal is. I don't have your normal information. I'm going by feels and meta and stuff like that. I feel an agenda pushing mentality which makes me feel guarded or feel like your words are trying to assess who to keep or not keep. I could be talking to a SK right now for all I know. Hally claims it pretty regularly so you would be in competition there. But, I see how you are saying those words good reasons to back them up..but I feel like those might just be surface level reasons.

It is just how I feel.
Maybe it's totally unfair for you to know what my normal is, but I figured the conversations and games experience from a few years ago were enough to at least inform a bit. I apologize if you think I've been holding you to a standard or something that you don't have the placement to meet.

I just don't understand why you're suspecting me. Because I could be scum? Couldn't anyone? Like is it because of an absence of a reason to town read me?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

He sidesteps making any read on my alignment, prob just knows I'm town
and he tries to defend his lack of content with far too many words
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

Tangrowth wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 2:23 pm We are all friends here, even though we're trying to kill each other! Tangy hugs!

Apparently I’m the most threatening player.
:mafia:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I really don't know what to make of nutella's recent posting.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 2:25 pm
nutella wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 2:24 pm That sloonei post is actually irredeemable lmao
okay this is fake
No the fuck it's not wtf
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Gavial wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 2:26 pm
Tangrowth wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 2:23 pm We are all friends here, even though we're trying to kill each other! Tangy hugs!

Apparently I’m the most threatening player.
:mafia:
Because you're a dragon? Nah, I can get threatening if I need to. I just also want the game to be fun.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

nutella wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 2:27 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 2:25 pm
okay this is fake
No the fuck it's not wtf
"irredeemable" wtf

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

Although I’ll agree LC is pretty Townie.
Wouldn’t put them above myself though.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Inb4 jay and sloon are actually w/w lmao

Jay if you're town and don't see what's wrong with him here idk what to say
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

nutella wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 2:28 pm Inb4 jay and sloon are actually w/w lmao

That'd be a wolf team. :O
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

Nut prob just open wolfing at this point
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Do I need to point to all the times I've caught wolf sloony
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Alison wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 1:12 am
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 12:45 am not sure, how I feel about all the lomo votes...hmm...I'm not caught up. But it seems like I keep seeing PerC wagons as if we are unwelcomed on someone's home turf...adk
I really hate this AtE.

[VOTE: Owner] aubergine
I think this was actually the first Owner vote? But Alison moved later.
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

Tangrowth wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 2:28 pm
nutella wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 2:28 pm Inb4 jay and sloon are actually w/w lmao

That'd be a wolf team. :O
Oh it’s be worse if you and Bad Bunny was with them!

nutella wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 2:26 pm He sidesteps making any read on my alignment, prob just knows I'm town
If you flip green ill shoot him
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Gavial wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 2:28 pm Nut prob just open wolfing at this point
lol
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

nutella, help me help you.
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

nutella wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 2:28 pm Do I need to point to all the times I've caught wolf sloony
Don’t worry if your town I’ll deal with Sloon tonight.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

We have an hour? I need to take a quick break, then I should be able to threadsit.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 2:29 pm
nutella wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 2:26 pm He sidesteps making any read on my alignment, prob just knows I'm town
Or just vote him
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei clearly made accusations of you. You snap voted and asked a question. He answered the question. Treating it like some ambiguous waffle is silly

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

I had off vibes from sloonei on the first page, should've paid more attention
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 2:31 pm

Sloonei clearly made accusations of you. You snap voted and asked a question. He answered the question. Treating it like some ambiguous waffle is silly
Well then it’s simple, Sloon won’t be moving tonight if Nut is town.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

No he backed off of accusing me and went on some tangent about his posting. It was deflection and looked like tmi on me.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Owner of a Lonely Heart
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 83
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Owner of a Lonely Heart »

Tangrowth wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 2:26 pm
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 2:24 pm

It is just how I feel.
Maybe it's totally unfair for you to know what my normal is, but I figured the conversations and games experience from a few years ago were enough to at least inform a bit. I apologize if you think I've been holding you to a standard or something that you don't have the placement to meet.

I just don't understand why you're suspecting me. Because I could be scum? Couldn't anyone? Like is it because of an absence of a reason to town read me?
I honestly don't recall anything about your play besides you being a top poster like JJJ. I wish I had more to go on.

It's a small thing that I'm not the best at describing it. It's the fine line between town and mafia. I'm unsure if you could be mafia here. I'm more inclined to place you either as 3p/could be SK or town. I think I have accurately read 3p twice in as early as day 1 or 2 before, but I really do need to focus on other people and not just you. No offense. You are just the strongest read I have at the moment.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 685
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Hawk said some things to me a while ago and I want to respond before it gets lost.
hawkataine wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 9:26 am Similar thing here, I appreciate you encouraging us but I guess I was suspicious of it? xD Especially because you were not a prime top-posting culprit
I am normally one of the prime top-posting culprits, and I have been consciously restrained this game, as well as some temporary time-constraints. I do not understand why this is something that would factor into a suspicion at all, though. Could you explain this thought process some more? Why does this particular incongruity factor into your ideas about my alignment at all?
hawkataine wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 9:26 am This one is still a bit pingy to me because of the way it's worded, like it's not really an answer to the question, I can't tell if you mean you don't mind other people forming town squads (in which case that's really not an answer or even much of a statement), or if this is actually a comment on the content of those town squads (in which case you sort of do have a town squad?).

Anyway these were the sorts of posts that I was sideeyeing you for, even if I had forgotten exactly what the content of them was
I was answering Jay specifically. Think of us as an old married couple with our own mode of communication. We've played a zillion games together and tend to follow the same playbook, so when one of us asks a question to the other, it is usually for a very specific reason. I can try to explain what was going on in this particular exchange:

Jay and I will usually both start the game out by trying to identify as many solid town reads as we can on Day 1. From there, we'll work toward narrowing down the pool of suspects until we have a small group of suspects that the "towncore" can agree on. Then things are re-evaluated on Day 2 onward, etc., etc.

But I haven't been participating actively in that gameplan here. I've been hanging out in the background instead. I returned to the thread and announced that I was up to date. Jay saw that and asked me if I had my own list of town reads, as he and others had provided. My answer was no, I did not have such a list. But I also had no major disagreements with the players who had been receiving town-reads up to that point. So I said that. Worded in a way that will make sense to the person who asked it, because it was a question that was very specifically tailored to me.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

nutella wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 2:30 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 2:29 pm
Or just vote him
I mean I still think you're gonna flip red so

Not today :p
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Gavial wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 2:33 pm

Well then it’s simple, Sloon won’t be moving tonight if Nut is town.
nutella can flip green, red, purple, or burnt sienna and that doesn't make her point a good one

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”