Cindy Kate & Percy Date Night Mafia <3 [ENDGAME]

bad bunny
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 186
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her
Aka: Wisteria

Re: Cindy Kate & Percy Date Night Mafia <3 [DAY 1]

Post by bad bunny »

Sloonei wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 4:23 pm Look, I have to go to work now. I know it was probably strange to schedule a first date 30 minutes before my shift, but I like to keep things fresh like that ;) this was a lot of fun, we should do it again sometime
Are you quoting chandler hahaha
Percy's black rabbit
► Show Spoiler
Guillotine
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 694
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: King of Bastard Games

Post by Guillotine »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 11:20 am
Guillotine wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 11:18 am
Guillotine wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 9:24 am
hawkataine wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 7:01 am Okay let's try for some reads then

Guillo: can't tell if it's the game size that's drowning him out but sensing far less thread presence than that one time he was town on PerC and dominated the thread (not in post count just in, like, weight of opinion xD). Would appreciate some syndicate weigh-ins on this point because maybe it's just a more active site and he was like this in spiderverse or whatever?
hawkataine wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 7:10 am Lil bit sus of a couple of syndicate players who were like "yeah I like hawk's style she can be vague town"
Like how do you know if my style is AI at all? I've made ~four posts. For a site where the strat is forming early towncores, this seemed generous.
I don't remember who the culprits were, maybe nutella and someone else, I think I did forgive nutella at the time due to context but then I remembered it wasn't just her so big shrug.

@hawkataine Are you really trying to read me off post volume while in the next post you imply that reading you off post volume is bad?

I love catching contradictions like this.

This is for everyone: I play when i can not when i want.
Scratch this, i read again and he reads me off weight of opinion not post volume.

[VOTE: Alison] aubergine

@hawkataine can you elaborate what do you mean by that?
Even if they were reading you off post volume and saying not to read them off it (which isn't what they were saying afaict but let's pretend), that isn't a contradiction cause you aren't the same person
It would be a contradiction of logic
Spoiler: show
Awards

Played
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Hosted

Quotes
Spacedaisy wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:05 am My interaction with Guillo was pocketed town talking to a wolf who had her fooled.
Garden Gnome
The Mark
Posts in topic: 272
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: gnome/gnomey

Post by Garden Gnome »

Guillotine wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 3:25 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 3:14 am
Guillotine wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 3:12 am Hell no. I'm gone for 6 hours and there are ten pages to read?

tlDr, gimme the summary.
I can't recall what precisely has happened within that 10 page window, but if you'd like an easier way to integrate into the current thread: I'd appreciate if you could look specifically at PerC people and share your views.
Uhhhmmm I have something to confess... I'm not from Perc...or rather, I am from Perc as much as I am from here.

I've played two games there and hosted one at PerC, same for here minus hosting a game....

I just wanted a date cause I'm lonely as hell, so lonely that I play mafia at a forum with other lonely nerdy people.
I know how you feel. About wanting a date, not about being from the Syndicate. This is my first time on this site. I'm from PerC. It's there that I played Mafia for the first time. They've become accustomed to my somewhat erratic (and enthusiastic) play style. They still sometimes call me scum for my play style or claim that they can't read me, which is an odd thing because reads are my area of weakness, not necessarily theirs. I came here to look for a date who would be understanding of my eccentricities and my odd play style. And my slowness to form reads. I don't have any reads yet, probably because people are coming across as too anxious to find a date and, therefore, very guarded and not open. I am seeing shells and not players so the reads aren't there.

I am looking for an date who can be better at reads and who might need a partner who is good at being spontaneous and a little eccentric. Together, this date and I will complete each other. What are you looking for?
Belzy
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 30
Aka: Erika (Mafia Cafe), Internet Cupid (MU)

Post by Belzy »

Guillotine wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 4:18 am Town

MacDougall
Belzy
Nanook

Scum

Alison
Nutella
JJJ
Okay, so, I have decided Alison is probably most likely town. I did wonder for a while about the many townreads and leans, and stuff, and the case on Actv, but overall she looks town to me, and it could simply be town who is well present and sincerly part of towncore. Now Alison has said to be able to day vig one time during this game, and threatens to kill Actv at the end of the day. This also makes me lean more and more to Alison being town.

I wonder what your progression on Alison has been since you've posted these reads, and I have another question: what about Tang, Alison and JJ, made you put the latter two in the scum list, and not Tang?
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 352
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Meh not really, "I shouldn't be read off volume" isn't contradictory to "other people can be read off volume"
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Garden Gnome wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 11:27 am
Guillotine wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 3:12 am Hell no. I'm gone for 6 hours and there are ten pages to read?

tlDr, gimme the summary.
I can't recall what precisely has happened within that 10 page window, but if you'd like an easier way to integrate into the current thread: I'd appreciate if you could look specifically at PerC people and share your views.
Uhhhmmm I have something to confess... I'm not from Perc...or rather, I am from Perc as much as I am from here.

I've played two games there and hosted one at PerC, same for here minus hosting a game....

I just wanted a date cause I'm lonely as hell, so lonely that I play mafia at a forum with other lonely nerdy people.
I know how you feel. About wanting a date, not about being from the Syndicate. This is my first time on this site. I'm from PerC. It's there that I played Mafia for the first time. They've become accustomed to my somewhat erratic (and enthusiastic) play style. They still sometimes call me scum for my play style or claim that they can't read me, which is an odd thing because reads are my area of weakness, not necessarily theirs. I came here to look for a date who would be understanding of my eccentricities and my odd play style. And my slowness to form reads. I don't have any reads yet, probably because people are coming across as too anxious to find a date and, therefore, very guarded and not open. I am seeing shells and not players so the reads aren't there.

I am looking for an date who can be better at reads and who might need a partner who is good at being spontaneous and a little eccentric. Together, this date and I will complete each other. What are you looking for?
You and @Tangrowth would be a good match imo
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

tlDr, gimme the summary.

I'm looking for the bad kind. Sociopaths, murderers, pimpettes, thieves etc. Because they are so fun on surface but then as the relationship progresses it becomes a toxic relationship to die or kill for.

Yah...
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Spacedaisy wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:05 am My interaction with Guillo was pocketed town talking to a wolf who had her fooled.
bad bunny
Stool Pigeon

Re: Cindy Kate & Percy Date Night Mafia <3 [PRE-GAME]

Post by bad bunny »

Tangrowth wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 4:58 pm
Actvscenei wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 4:54 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 4:14 pm First date icebreaker question for everyone: what’s your favorite trip you’ve ever been on?
Disney World/Disney Cruises. And you?

Follow up, why did you choose to ask this particular question?
Hi!

To the PerC people and/or anyone else who wants to answer:

1) what do you think you bring to a game when you're town?
2) what do you hope to accomplish this game?
1) salt
2) uhhhmm a town win
Percy's black rabbit
► Show Spoiler
Garden Gnome
The Mark

Post by Garden Gnome »

Guillotine wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 11:33 am

tlDr, gimme the summary.

I'm looking for the bad kind. Sociopaths, murderers, pimpettes, thieves etc. Because they are so fun on surface but then as the relationship progresses it becomes a toxic relationship to die or kill for.

Yah...
spicy
Garden Gnome
The Mark

Re: Cindy Kate & Percy Date Night Mafia <3 [PRE-GAME]

Post by Garden Gnome »

bad bunny wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 11:36 am
Tangrowth wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 4:58 pm
Actvscenei wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 4:54 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 4:14 pm First date icebreaker question for everyone: what’s your favorite trip you’ve ever been on?
Disney World/Disney Cruises. And you?

Follow up, why did you choose to ask this particular question?
Hi!

To the PerC people and/or anyone else who wants to answer:

1) what do you think you bring to a game when you're town?
2) what do you hope to accomplish this game?
1) salt
2) uhhhmm a town win
gnome's answers:
1. My energy, my enthusiasm, and my creativity to see odd possibilities.
2. I would like to be part of a successful town game and to make new friends at the same time!
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Belzy wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 11:28 am

MacDougall
Belzy
Nanook

Scum

Alison
Nutella
JJJ
Okay, so, I have decided Alison is probably most likely town. I did wonder for a while about the many townreads and leans, and stuff, and the case on Actv, but overall she looks town to me, and it could simply be town who is well present and sincerly part of towncore. Now Alison has said to be able to day vig one time during this game, and threatens to kill Actv at the end of the day. This also makes me lean more and more to Alison being town.

I wonder what your progression on Alison has been since you've posted these reads, and I have another question: what about Tang, Alison and JJ, made you put the latter two in the scum list, and not Tang?
What about Tang?

JJ looks very pockety to me, like his interactions with me and about me are like he is looking for towncred for associating with me and a trap for if he flips scum, i'd get cased and yeeted for post-flip associations. Also i never trust people with too many townreads in a site full of wild cards.

Alison, read my ISO, it's all there and i dont like repeating myself, although... i might be tunneled onto her, i just cant forget that TMI post.
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Garden Gnome
The Mark

Post by Garden Gnome »

Garden Gnome wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 11:36 am
Guillotine wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 11:33 am

tlDr, gimme the summary.

Yah...
spicy
A pimpette, lol.
Why does that sound like "pimple"?
Garden Gnome
The Mark

Post by Garden Gnome »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 11:31 am

tlDr, gimme the summary.

You and @Tangrowth would be a good match imo
Sure, sounds like there is potential in the relationship. @Tangrowth
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 1646
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I actually don’t have enough town reads yet! I need a few more to reach the target of closing out half of the roster.

I’m gonna just chill for a bit and let the thread move. We’re starting to see more Percy posts, and that will help.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Belzy
Money Launderer

Post by Belzy »

Guillotine wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 11:39 am

MacDougall
Belzy
Nanook

Scum

Alison
Nutella
JJJ

What about Tang?

JJ looks very pockety to me, like his interactions with me and about me are like he is looking for towncred for associating with me and a trap for if he flips scum, i'd get cased and yeeted for post-flip associations. Also i never trust people with too many townreads in a site full of wild cards.

Alison, read my ISO, it's all there and i dont like repeating myself, although... i might be tunneled onto her, i just cant forget that TMI post.
I actually did ISO you right before asking you these questions because I would figure you'd have explained it all, but is not quite all there. Maybe a little bit, but all? No. And you also avoid completely my question on Alison regarding her progression since your read list and the whole day vig threat kill towards Actv. What is your motivation to completely ignore this all, and just end with a simple ''I won't repeat myself''? I have clearly asked you questions that have yet get any kind of answer from you in this thread, and you are just not giving it to me, and I see this kind of behavior from you towards others who want more from you as well.

And what about Tang? Well, I figured Tang, JJJ and Alison were all three strongly present in the game so far, and I actually distrusted Tang the most, which is the complete opposite from your little read list there. So I am hoping you would give me your thought process on why you have nothing to say on Tang. And what about JJJ has been so pocketing that it actually warrants a scum read, and how does JJJ overall play look? Also, I am not seeing the trap you've mentioned.
bad bunny
Stool Pigeon

Post by bad bunny »

Kito wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 6:14 pm what the frick frack snick snack is going ON fellas
kito!!
Percy's black rabbit
► Show Spoiler
Actvscenei
The Mark
Posts in topic: 303
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Post by Actvscenei »

Guillotine wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 9:32 am
Alison wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 9:10 am If you don't believe in readslists for some reason, feel free to leave whatever other legacy you want. I'm just trying to make sure we aren't left with nothing but your suspicion on Dana if you flip green.
This is not a real thought. Everyone's ISO is their legacy.
What do you think Alison’s scum motive is for this post if this isn’t a real thought? I’ve seen lots of people push for reads lists, especially early on. I don’t like it or agree with it, but I know I’m in the minority for not agreeing or liking it. Does Alison usually not want reads list? Is this unlike her?
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Belzy wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 11:45 am

MacDougall
Belzy
Nanook

Scum

Alison
Nutella
JJJ

What about Tang?

I actually did ISO you right before asking you these questions because I would figure you'd have explained it all, but is not quite all there. Maybe a little bit, but all? No. And you also avoid completely my question on Alison regarding her progression since your read list and the whole day vig threat kill towards Actv. What is your motivation to completely ignore this all, and just end with a simple ''I won't repeat myself''? I have clearly asked you questions that have yet get any kind of answer from you in this thread, and you are just not giving it to me, and I see this kind of behavior from you towards others who want more from you as well.

And what about Tang? Well, I figured Tang, JJJ and Alison were all three strongly present in the game so far, and I actually distrusted Tang the most, which is the complete opposite from your little read list there. So I am hoping you would give me your thought process on why you have nothing to say on Tang. And what about JJJ has been so pocketing that it actually warrants a scum read, and how does JJJ overall play look? Also, I am not seeing the trap you've mentioned.
If you actually looked into my ISO and cant see my case on Alison, i dont think there is any other explanation i can give you to explain my read on her, which means that you actually didnt read it, i suggest to go and actually read it.

Also i hope when you said “little read list” it's because it's actually little and not meant to gaslight my readlist. I really hope so.

I have nothing to say about Tang because i havent focused on her, i remember reacting to one of her posts cause it caught my attention, but a little voice in my head keeps telling me that i may grasping at straws looking for minor details to suspect people.
My focused has been elsewhere and i figure that if she is scum and i dont catch her, someone else from my faction will, i cant catch them all can I?
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Actvscenei wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 11:57 am
Alison wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 9:10 am If you don't believe in readslists for some reason, feel free to leave whatever other legacy you want. I'm just trying to make sure we aren't left with nothing but your suspicion on Dana if you flip green.
What do you think Alison’s scum motive is for this post if this isn’t a real thought? I’ve seen lots of people push for reads lists, especially early on. I don’t like it or agree with it, but I know I’m in the minority for not agreeing or liking it. Does Alison usually not want reads list? Is this unlike her?
I don't think it's a real thought because she is an experienced player and that statement can only come from a noob.
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes

Guillotine wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 12:05 pm
I don't think it's a real thought because she is an experienced player and that statement can only come from a noob.
Bad read
Belzy
Money Launderer

Post by Belzy »

Guillotine wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 12:00 pm

MacDougall
Belzy
Nanook

Scum

Alison
Nutella
JJJ

What about Tang?

If you actually looked into my ISO and cant see my case on Alison, i dont think there is any other explanation i can give you to explain my read on her, which means that you actually didnt read it, i suggest to go and actually read it.

Also i hope when you said “little read list” it's because it's actually little and not meant to gaslight my readlist. I really hope so.

I have nothing to say about Tang because i havent focused on her, i remember reacting to one of her posts cause it caught my attention, but a little voice in my head keeps telling me that i may grasping at straws looking for minor details to suspect people.
My focused has been elsewhere and i figure that if she is scum and i dont catch her, someone else from my faction will, i cant catch them all can I?
You are ending with a quite non-interest. Tang has been post count leader from the beginning, and you have literally nothing to say, and are ending your post here with a massive lack of interest discussing this in any further way. The very first time I have quoted and asked you something, you show no willingness to cooperate, and you are gladly continuening with that. Ending with a ''I cant catch them all can I?'' is not so much about whether or not you can... though, funny as you like to catch contradictions, I have one for you: earlier today you've said you usually catch all scum day 1. So what happened with that?

And I have clearly said to you I did ISO you right before I made that previous post, and you dare to say I am not reading?

[VOTE: Guillotine] aubergine cucumber (since aubergine didn't seem to work)
Actvscenei
The Mark
Posts in topic: 303
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Post by Actvscenei »

I asked about her motive, can you answer that? You think it’s a “noob” statement to make. So if Alison is scum, what is the motive in pushing that thought? Why would she fabricate that thought as scum (especially if she’s experienced like you indicate here)?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 685
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

At this point I could see myself voting for hawk, alison, mac, and maybe guillotine.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Belzy wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 12:09 pm
Guillotine wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 12:00 pm

MacDougall
Belzy
Nanook

Scum

Alison
Nutella
JJJ

What about Tang?

You are ending with a quite non-interest. Tang has been post count leader from the beginning, and you have literally nothing to say, and are ending your post here with a massive lack of interest discussing this in any further way. The very first time I have quoted and asked you something, you show no willingness to cooperate, and you are gladly continuening with that. Ending with a ''I cant catch them all can I?'' is not so much about whether or not you can... though, funny as you like to catch contradictions, I have one for you: earlier today you've said you usually catch all scum day 1. So what happened with that?

And I have clearly said to you I did ISO you right before I made that previous post, and you dare to say I am not reading?

[VOTE: Guillotine] aubergine cucumber (since aubergine didn't seem to work)
Ok, i rescind my townread on you and OMGUS you because i can.

[VOTE: Belzy] aubergine

For the record, i dont answer to you and you will never strongarm me to do your will.
I dont know if this is your ego reacting to my response, or if it's scum trying to discredit and push on an already established townread player, but just because i don't submit to your will does not mean im not contributing to catch scum, im just not interested in the Tang case, if you are, seek out for people who are.
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Sloonei wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 12:13 pm At this point I could see myself voting for hawk, alison, mac, and maybe guillotine.
Why maybe me? You still havent answered why do you townread LC or have you?
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Guillotine wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 12:19 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 12:13 pm At this point I could see myself voting for hawk, alison, mac, and maybe guillotine.
I have, sort of.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 12:07 pm
Bad read
Im a logical player (as much as i can be)
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
hawkataine
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 188
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by hawkataine »

Guillo: can't tell if it's the game size that's drowning him out but sensing far less thread presence than that one time he was town on PerC and dominated the thread (not in post count just in, like, weight of opinion xD). Would appreciate some syndicate weigh-ins on this point because maybe it's just a more active site and he was like this in spiderverse or whatever?
hawkataine wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 7:10 am Lil bit sus of a couple of syndicate players who were like "yeah I like hawk's style she can be vague town"
Like how do you know if my style is AI at all? I've made ~four posts. For a site where the strat is forming early towncores, this seemed generous.
I don't remember who the culprits were, maybe nutella and someone else, I think I did forgive nutella at the time due to context but then I remembered it wasn't just her so big shrug.

@hawkataine Are you really trying to read me off post volume while in the next post you imply that reading you off post volume is bad?

I'm very sorry to disappoint you but I did not say either of the things you think are contradictions lol

the first post says I'm explicitly not reading you off of post volume

the second post says I'm surprised people have a vibe on me when they don't have many posts to go off

apologies
Guillotine wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 11:18 am Scratch this, i read again and he reads me off weight of opinion not post volume.

(you didn't move your vote in the poll, idk if this was intentional lol)

I mean from what I remember you seemed very... aggressively town leader-y? Like you had opinions and you definitely wanted everyone to understand them. That's why I asked about your games here because it's possible that you just don't need to take that thread role here

I think you rereading is probably a good look at least???? xD
Seanzie wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 11:41 pm
Allcrab wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 11:40 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 11:39 pm What Would Hawk Do?
Survive off a diet of mostly small rodents?
[VOTE: Marmot] aubergine
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Sloonei wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 12:20 pm
I have, sort of.
Im really looking and im not seeing it.
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
hawkataine
Stool Pigeon

Post by hawkataine »

I'm struggling a bit with Belzy because I would (almost as a tell) expect scum!Belzy to be trying to discredit consensus town reads, but also I absolutely believe her coming into the thread on a different site and being like uhhhhh what's with all of these town reads

I think her thought progression seems good though so fairly happy for now
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

hawkataine wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 12:22 pm

I'm very sorry to disappoint you but I did not say either of the things you think are contradictions lol

the first post says I'm explicitly not reading you off of post volume

the second post says I'm surprised people have a vibe on me when they don't have many posts to go off

apologies
Guillotine wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 11:18 am Scratch this, i read again and he reads me off weight of opinion not post volume.

(you didn't move your vote in the poll, idk if this was intentional lol)

I mean from what I remember you seemed very... aggressively town leader-y? Like you had opinions and you definitely wanted everyone to understand them. That's why I asked about your games here because it's possible that you just don't need to take that thread role here

I think you rereading is probably a good look at least???? xD
It was not intentional, it was early morning, i had just woken up and i just forgot.

Dont read me off aggressivity (if that is a word)

Im aggressive as either alignment, but i. Trying something new here cause i want players to enjoy playing with me. I mean, i am really really trying here.
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
hawkataine
Stool Pigeon

Post by hawkataine »

that sure is a list
you planning to interact with me or nah?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Guillotine wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 12:22 pm
I have, sort of.
I don’t town read LC. I was being literal when I said I “feel like” locking him in as town. It’s just something I want todo. I have no reason for it.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

hawkataine wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 12:26 pm
that sure is a list
Yes.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
hawkataine
Stool Pigeon

Post by hawkataine »

Guillotine wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 12:26 pm It was not intentional, it was early morning, i had just woken up and i just forgot.

Dont read me off aggressivity (if that is a word)

Im aggressive as either alignment, but i. Trying something new here cause i want players to enjoy playing with me. I mean, i am really really trying here.
Oh no I didn't mean it as a bad thing! I just meant like you had strong presence but couldn't think of better words because the first ones didn't work lol
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

that sure is a list
Do you object or agree with any of the non-you names in my player salad?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Sloonei wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 12:27 pm
I have, sort of.
I don’t town read LC. I was being literal when I said I “feel like” locking him in as town. It’s just something I want todo. I have no reason for it.
Hmmm i get it. It's the same with me for Mac.
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Guillotine wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 12:30 pm
I have, sort of.
I suspected you mildly because I noted that you had critiqued my “read” of LC but never acknowledged my follow up response, but if you say you looked and could not find it then maybe you simply didn’t recognize the post and I don’t know what to make of that.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
hawkataine
Stool Pigeon

Post by hawkataine »

Sloonei wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 12:29 pm
that sure is a list
I've been going back and forth on mac, by which I mean I liked one post that happened before I'd read enough to get a grasp on the roster and then forgot what it was, and then everyone talked about how confusing he was to read for a bit and I lost confidence
Do you think you can read him well?

Alison I have as slight town tbh because it just really seems like she believes what she's saying and the daykill claim is a very strange D1 scum play imo

guillo is probably reasonable to have there even if I disagree, I haven't really decided if I'm concerned by him or not yet. Have you played with him on syndicate before?
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Sloonei wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 12:33 pm
Guillotine wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 12:30 pm
I have, sort of.
I suspected you mildly because I noted that you had critiqued my “read” of LC but never acknowledged my follow up response, but if you say you looked and could not find it then maybe you simply didn’t recognize the post and I don’t know what to make of that.
Sometimes i just lie when im too lazy to look, so players answer anyways, which is hypocritical of me as I dont like others doing it to me.
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

hawkataine wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 12:33 pm
that sure is a list
I've been going back and forth on mac, by which I mean I liked one post that happened before I'd read enough to get a grasp on the roster and then forgot what it was, and then everyone talked about how confusing he was to read for a bit and I lost confidence

Alison I have as slight town tbh because it just really seems like she believes what she's saying and the daykill claim is a very strange D1 scum play imo

guillo is probably reasonable to have there even if I disagree, I haven't really decided if I'm concerned by him or not yet. Have you played with him on syndicate before?
I have played with mac for about 10 years now, but he’s not a player I read exceptionally well. I think I can get a feel for him once the game has progressed some. Here, I have felt like he was knocked off balance right out of the gate and is having a hard time getting back on track. Some of his recent posts have looked like they were made by an alien in a Mac suit.

Your initial response to my reads suggested that you took issue with the list itself, but that does not seem to be the case from this response. What is your objection to my reads, if you have one?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Oh and I think this is the first time I’ve actually played with guillotine. I have seen them around the site a bit, but i’ve been limiting the games I sign up for recently so a lot of newer folks to the community are relative strangers to me in terms of gameplay.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Like im really looking to just take it easy in this game, so if you are expecting explosive guillo to react to townread me for or try to pocket me for recognizing that personality trait when i play games here, well, it's been denied... im changing my style, meta erased, start over.
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Guillotine wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 12:41 pm Like im really looking to just take it easy in this game, so if you are expecting explosive guillo to react to townread me for or try to pocket me for recognizing that personality trait when i play games here, well, it's been denied... im changing my style, meta erased, start over.
If this is in response to me: I have no meta read on you. I have no expectations of what Guillotine should or should not do in any situation.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
hawkataine
Stool Pigeon

Post by hawkataine »

Sloonei wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 12:39 pm
hawkataine wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 12:33 pm
that sure is a list

I have played with mac for about 10 years now, but he’s not a player I read exceptionally well. I think I can get a feel for him once the game has progressed some. Here, I have felt like he was knocked off balance right out of the gate and is having a hard time getting back on track. Some of his recent posts have looked like they were made by an alien in a Mac suit.

Your initial response to my reads suggested that you took issue with the list itself, but that does not seem to be the case from this response. What is your objection to my reads, if you have one?
Interesting r.e. mac, ty

By "that sure is a list" I was kinda just commenting on the naked list-ness of it because I haven't really noticed much explanation or build-up to it (especially not r.e. me lol) from you and I do loosely have a town read on alison at least
I haven't been taking your vote on me particularly seriously because I assumed you were reaction fishing or something, given you asked people to ask about it and then when sonny asked about it you were like nah trade secrets m8
So I guess I find it just a bit of a strange/inconsequential list given all the above
I was mainly just saying something to make you actually talk to me lol
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Sloonei wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 12:43 pm
Guillotine wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 12:41 pm Like im really looking to just take it easy in this game, so if you are expecting explosive guillo to react to townread me for or try to pocket me for recognizing that personality trait when i play games here, well, it's been denied... im changing my style, meta erased, start over.
If this is in response to me: I have no meta read on you. I have no expectations of what Guillotine should or should not do in any situation.
No, this was for everyone.
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Belzy wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 6:21 am Also hi, JJJ,

What exactly do you expect from a scum!Tang having an agenda, and having a lower comfort level, so far at a Day 1?
I will preface this by saying pure meta reads don't tend to play a huge role in my views, outside perhaps with Sloonei. So I can assign some "expectations" to a mafia-aligned Tangrowth, but take the following with many grains of salt. I would hardly build a case on this basis:

~ In the past, mafia Tangrowth has had a greater tendency to play with a tone of severity -- not necessarily "hostile", but more aggressive and less accommodating.
~ In that way, there'd be inherently less appearance of comfort and more of a sense of immediate and undue urgency.

Again, I don't care much about these notions. But I wanted to answer your question.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
hawkataine
Stool Pigeon

Post by hawkataine »

cool, noted, will find other ways to read you then
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

hawkataine wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 7:47 pm Idk if anyone was playing on MU when it first launched in like 2015-16 ish but possibly paths have crossed????? idk I very vaguely recognise some names and it's very offputting xD
It's possible you remember my name from the MU launch, because I played the season 2 champs finale there after playing the qualifier on 2+2. I also played a single game on PerC not super long thereafter.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

hawkataine wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 12:48 pm Interesting r.e. mac, ty

By "that sure is a list" I was kinda just commenting on the naked list-ness of it because I haven't really noticed much explanation or build-up to it (especially not r.e. me lol) from you and I do loosely have a town read on alison at least
I haven't been taking your vote on me particularly seriously because I assumed you were reaction fishing or something, given you asked people to ask about it and then when sonny asked about it you were like nah trade secrets m8
So I guess I find it just a bit of a strange/inconsequential list given all the above
I was mainly just saying something to make you actually talk to me lol
Not unfair, I like to play aloof early on.
How do you read me?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”