Team Fortress Mafia [Job]

Moderator: Community Team

Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 3
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Team Fortress Mafia [Job]

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

I'm not playing mafia right now but I have a hosting idea so I might as well get it in the queue.

Team Fortress 2 is a multiplayer 1st person shooter released in 2007. I played it a lot when I was in college, and it has an interesting equipment system that I decided would make a fun game.

This game is for 18 players. There are 9 classes, so each class will have two roles, a Blue and a Red one, which are identical. 4 of the 18 roles are randomized to be mafia, making this a semi-open setup where you can talk about abilities but not know which factions have which classes.

I just made the first role, so I'm posting it here as an example (its mechanics may be different when the game is finally hosted). Basically, each class will have a main weapon that gives them an ability, but they will have 2 items they can use instead of their main weapon, which may change how their core ability works or replace it for a different one.

Spoiler: show

Medic:

While this man does not have a lot of adherence to medical ethics, he nonetheless serves as the healer of the team. Once per night, he may use his Medi Gun to keep another player healed, protecting them from a kill. However, the medic is a key enemy target. Every time he prevents a kill, the attacker will learn who did it.

Each time the Medi Gun is used, the Medic will fill 1/3 of his Übercharge meter. After the meter is filled, he may activate the Übercharge, which will make both him and his patient immune to even super-kills for a night and will not give any information to attackers.

Items:

Vaccinator: By using this instead of the Medi Gun, the Medic will charge 2/3 of the ÜberCharge meter. However, the healing done by this gun is weaker, so it will not stop a kill if the patient is also hit with another negative ability that night.

Solemn Vow: Instead of healing, the Medic may choose to hit someone with a bust of Hypocrates, roleblocking them. The bust will break, though, and it will take a night of cooldown to get a new one.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Re: Team Fortress Mafia [Job]

@JaggedJimmyJay please queue it. Thanks.
Syn
Hitman
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Syn »

If the doctor is outed after succeeding, how can they fill their UberCharge meter? They'll fill one bar and then be the following NK. Or does it get charged just by selecting a target and not being blocked?
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Syn wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:50 pm Or does it get charged just by selecting a target and not being blocked?
This. Just selecting a target charges the meter, but if nobody targets that person with a kill, the doctor doesn't get outed.

Ideally, the doctor wants to save people, but the moment someone is saved, mafia will learn who did that, so combos where a power role claims and get protected forever are not encouraged. At the same time, if mafia fails to kill the doctor fast, they get a prize for surviving, so it's a high risk, high reward mechanic.

That said, I haven't even started writing the other 8 roles yet, so when I'm done I'll compare them to see if any are much stronger or weaker to each other, which may prompt me to go back and tweak the doctor. This is just a sample so you guys know how the roles will (probably) look like.

Return to “Mafia Game Submission Archive”