Alison wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:51 am
c4e5g3d5 wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:49 am
ChopChop wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:37 am :mafia:
I have a question for yeah.

What’s your highest TR?
Esooa
walk me through your thought process
c4e5g3d5 wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:58 pm
Esooa wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:45 pm let's be honest who here understands this game
This is super towny in a way that I might articulate after a good night's sleep but that you guys can probably vaguely see the angle behind.
Anyone not dark blue would have thought hard about the setup, and wouldn't want their thoughts on the setup to come out because it would be a huge slip risk. This post doesn't read as fake because IIRC it was in the middle of some big aimless convo between me/her/Sloon.
"esooa is town because she said she doesn't understand the game and that only makes sense if she's vanilla town" is not a good argument
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 497
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Re: Fallout 2: A Post-Nuclear Mafia Game [Day 1]

Post by Alison »

c4e5g3d5 wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:58 am Chop is TWTBAW ez
yuck
Urist
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 560

Post by Urist »

Alison wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:36 pm
yuck
still think they can't be scum together? LOL
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 242

Post by Dom »

staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:37 am sloonei alison esooa dom long con all townleans
Alison?
Why?
c4e5g3d5 wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:49 am Still catching up.
Dom wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:47 am
c4e5g3d5 wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:14 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:08 pm
c4e5g3d5 wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:57 pm All that talk of trying extra hard huh.
What is your mafia experience? What sort of things will you be looking for on Day 1?
My experience is a bunch of games, most on AoPS, some on MU, and I'm looking for AI posts like a normal person.
What the fresh hell does this mean? Vague on vague on vague. I am not entertained.
[VOTE: C4] aubergine
Nani the fuck you picked the single least vague post I've made in this entire thread to call vague. Fake read sir.
LOL "I vote based on alignment indicative things" tells me absolutely nothing about what you are looking for. It entirely avoids the question.

c4e5g3d5 wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:30 am
Spoiler: show
c4e5g3d5 wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:02 pm Hey guys, metadiving is a huge PITA and so is figuring out whether NAI playstyle stuff is actually NAI playstyle stuff or not, so everyone gimme some playstyle cliffnotes. Here are mine.

Pros: Bunch o' stuff.
Cons: Can't brown nose for shit. Can't PR read for shit.
Gameplan: Make bad reads until I can make good reads.
Misc.: *deep inhale*

The shortest cycle length ever to be run on my home site was one 3/1 game, and most cycle lengths are things like 10/2 and 14/2, so TS cycles are definitely pretty fast for me. I've played a few 2/1 games on MU, so I can still keep up with reading for sure, and I can still make reads for sure, but don't expect me to highpost unless I really want to. For the same reason, I'm not so experienced with the live interaction side of this time format, which is something I'm hoping to learn more about.

My home site doesn't have pages, just long scrolls of posts, which actually makes wallposts easier to read than quintaposts n stuff. Wallposting is a habit I've been told to break on a couple of sites with actual pages. Will work on that.

Esooa is the only player here that I've played with before (I mean, who hasn't played with Esooa before at this point?), but I'm sorta familiar with spf's playstyle because I read G6. I'm also familiar with the playstyles of some other players here for reasons I can't talk about.
I feel icky about this. I have never liked when folks explain away n00bish behavior or cultural differences when it hasn't been a problem yet.
c4e5g3d5 wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:57 pm All that talk of trying extra hard huh.
What is your mafia experience? What sort of things will you be looking for on Day 1?
My experience is a bunch of games, most on AoPS, some on MU, and I'm looking for AI posts like a normal person.
What the fresh hell does this mean? Vague on vague on vague. I am not entertained.
Dom wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:14 am
c4e5g3d5 wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:30 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:28 pm Image
Holy fuck are you forced to talk like this or something?

Anyway, ISO me and you should find it pretty quickly.
"Hopefully they'll answer my question"
"no ( : <3"
:eye:
Dom enters the thread.
Dom immediately jumps on everything I've said.
Dom doesn't remotely attempt to understand anything I've said.
Dom knows where to look immediately.
Dom did not form this opinion in this thread.
Dom formed this opinion in another thread.
Bye.
[VOTE: Dom] aubergine
This is a hell of a projection, bruh. This is literally what you just did.

ChopChop wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:30 am
Poison wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:10 am
MacDougall wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:09 pm Poison is mafia.
shit.
Quick Poison!
Run back into scum chat with me!
They into us!
:eye: :eye: :eye:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
c4e5g3d5
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 162

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

Alison wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:35 pm
c4e5g3d5 wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:56 am
Alison wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:51 am
c4e5g3d5 wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:49 am
ChopChop wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:37 am :mafia:
I have a question for yeah.

What’s your highest TR?
Esooa
walk me through your thought process
c4e5g3d5 wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:58 pm
Esooa wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:45 pm let's be honest who here understands this game
This is super towny in a way that I might articulate after a good night's sleep but that you guys can probably vaguely see the angle behind.
Anyone not dark blue would have thought hard about the setup, and wouldn't want their thoughts on the setup to come out because it would be a huge slip risk. This post doesn't read as fake because IIRC it was in the middle of some big aimless convo between me/her/Sloon.
"esooa is town because she said she doesn't understand the game and that only makes sense if she's vanilla town" is not a good argument
People shit bricks when they rand 3p and need to figure out a gameplan immediately. This game is a town and a bunch of 3ps. Therefore.
Progression cases are bad.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Urist wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:37 pm
Alison wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:36 pm
yuck
still think they can't be scum together? LOL
i saw some weird hostility between them at the start that made me think unaligned but I change my mind now
Alison

Post by Alison »

c4e5g3d5 wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:40 pm People shit bricks when they rand 3p and need to figure out a gameplan immediately. This game is a town and a bunch of 3ps. Therefore.
I think literally every 3P I've seen in my time on the syndicate has been omega chill and didn't care at all about the setup or the other players

the 3Ps here are slightly different from the usual 3Ps but regardless I don't think there's any basis for assuming that roll 3P = setup spec, nor do I think that there's any basis for assuming that setup spec = understand the game
Alison

Post by Alison »

[VOTE: foresight] aubergine

your reasoning is unconvincing and reads like the type of logic that would come out of a scum trying to sound insightful
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:12 pm @sloonei -

thoughts on alison?
Hey what are your thoughts on alison? :)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Dom wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:45 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:12 pm @sloonei -

thoughts on alison?
Hey what are your thoughts on alison? :)
Narrator: Alison had made two posts when staypositivefriend posted this.
c4e5g3d5
Drug Dealer

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

Alison wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:43 pm
c4e5g3d5 wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:40 pm People shit bricks when they rand 3p and need to figure out a gameplan immediately. This game is a town and a bunch of 3ps. Therefore.
I think literally every 3P I've seen in my time on the syndicate has been omega chill and didn't care at all about the setup or the other players

the 3Ps here are slightly different from the usual 3Ps but regardless I don't think there's any basis for assuming that roll 3P = setup spec, nor do I think that there's any basis for assuming that setup spec = understand the game
Guess this is a TS thing then because everything that makes scum not omega chill applies ten times more to 3p and every remotely antitown 3p I've ever seen wants as little attention as possible.

Point me to where I said setup spec = understanding the setup. The point was about whether Esooa would actually voice that.
Alison

Post by Alison »

i literally dont understand a word of what you're saying

scum arent chill or unchill by nature its dependent on player

a desire to avoid attention has nothing to do with what esooa said

esooa voicing that she doesnt understand the setup has nothing to do with anything else
c4e5g3d5
Drug Dealer

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

Alison wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:44 pm [VOTE: foresight] aubergine

your reasoning is unconvincing and reads like the type of logic that would come out of a scum trying to sound insightful
This conversation started when you asked for my reasoning that I chose not to give at first, call it waffling or whatever if you want but get a better argument than "trying to sound insightful".
Alison

Post by Alison »

yeah and when you gave your reasoning it was bad and seemed made up
c4e5g3d5
Drug Dealer

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

Alison wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:51 pm scum arent chill or unchill by nature its dependent on player
Okay, I'm willing to actually keep talking about this, but first I'll need input from other people here who are familiar with the site's meta about whether or not it's actually total horseshit to call someone scum for thinking relaxedness is a tell, because this is supposed to be extremely fucking basic and disagreeing is one thing and perfectly fine but then actually making an attack out of someone doing it should be out of the question.
c4e5g3d5
Drug Dealer

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

Alison wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:56 pm yeah and when you gave your reasoning it was bad and seemed made up
Okay so make that the attack, not "trying to sound insightful".
Esooa
Made Man
Posts in topic: 195
Preferred Pronouns: She/her

Post by Esooa »

I found it a little weird of all my posts you picked that one to explain your town read on me

I'm still trying to figure out if it's wolfy or towny to do that
I’ll come clean team. I have failed you.
I never expected to survive the night. I was very confused about the char flip and I was on my way to a very hot date. We stayed overnight to celebrate my girl bday and vday weekend. Last thing in my mind was the game... I never submitted an action last night. :doh:
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

also, c4, you replied to something earlier affirming spfs meta read on me

can you explain the meta you have on me a little?
I never expected to survive the night. I was very confused about the char flip and I was on my way to a very hot date. We stayed overnight to celebrate my girl bday and vday weekend. Last thing in my mind was the game... I never submitted an action last night. :doh:
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

maybe it'll be helpful to why you think that's towny for me or other things
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

c4 is yucky. He came in and was sloppy. He said vague shit. Didn't like any of it. When I point it out in my catch up, he turns around and says my reads are "fake" and that I am bad. There is nothing to defend here. There is nothing to understand. This is a desperate player not caring who they take down.

spf is yucky. I have detailed why I thought it was weird how she withheld and immediately gave her read on sloonei. Then she attacked me for it, but hid behind "understanding" when none of her actions really furthered that goal. Additionally, she asked sloonei what he thought of Alison at a time when Alison had two posts total and this was the result. It feels like that was never meant to go anywhere or learn anything from it.

Falcon seems to be more interested in looking like he gives a fuck than giving a fuck.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

c4e5g3d5 wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:57 pm
Alison wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:51 pm scum arent chill or unchill by nature its dependent on player
Okay, I'm willing to actually keep talking about this, but first I'll need input from other people here who are familiar with the site's meta about whether or not it's actually total horseshit to call someone scum for thinking relaxedness is a tell, because this is supposed to be extremely fucking basic and disagreeing is one thing and perfectly fine but then actually making an attack out of someone doing it should be out of the question.
I'm confused. Are you asserting that being "relaxed" is a scum tell?
Rej
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 38

Post by Rej »

falcon45ca wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:25 pm
Rej wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:18 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:30 pm i have two townreads but im not gonna say who yet = )
Heya, here to play some low effort, this is the first post that pinged me. I personally don't like posts like this because they are confusing as heck. This could be the most unneccessary soft claim, or this could be a bait, or this could be anything.
I always ask myself why a town should do this, the last time I saw someone do this they ended up masons with someone and they got lynched.

Anyone beat me to this.

Also I see Long Con and KZA are voted currently. I feel whenever I play here Long Con gets voted somehow. Will drop my opinions once I am cought up.
So looks like Rej is Maf
nah, I am the towniest town to ever town through this town

ImageImageImageImage
Urist
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 560

Post by Urist »

do spf and c4 have experience playing together?
c4e5g3d5
Drug Dealer

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

Esooa wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:00 pm also, c4, you replied to something earlier affirming spfs meta read on me

My experience with you was one scum game where you were pure af but also had an absurd amount of agenda, and one town game where you had good reads. Apparently that was your first scum game so it might not hold as well anymore, but it seemed like an accurate meta read.
c4e5g3d5
Drug Dealer

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

Dom wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:01 pm
No, and I don't want to deal with questions that could be resolved by "actually read my fucking post", so please go away.
c4e5g3d5
Drug Dealer

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

Urist wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:03 pm do spf and c4 have experience playing together?
Zilch.
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

c4e5g3d5 wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:04 pm
Esooa wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:00 pm also, c4, you replied to something earlier affirming spfs meta read on me
My experience with you was one scum game where you were pure af but also had an absurd amount of agenda, and one town game where you had good reads. Apparently that was your first scum game so it might not hold as well anymore, but it seemed like an accurate meta read.
arhbjursfgy yeah I remember pushing you and holy flare that game hard and neither of you thought I was scum for it
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

it was my first scum game doe
c4e5g3d5
Drug Dealer

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

Esooa wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:07 pm
arhbjursfgy yeah I remember pushing you and holy flare that game hard and neither of you thought I was scum for it
My readlists and fearkill would beg to differ.
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

c4e5g3d5 wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:09 pm
did you? Idr
c4e5g3d5
Drug Dealer

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

Esooa wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:09 pm
did you? Idr
Lol all three of you were on me that game and nobody would listen to me saying that all the wolves were on one wagon.
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

c4e5g3d5 wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:11 pm
Esooa wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:09 pm
did you? Idr
Lol all three of you were on me that game and nobody would listen to me saying that all the wolves were on one wagon.
:slick: I do love open wolfing
c4e5g3d5
Drug Dealer

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

@Esooa, if you're still here, tell me if it's valid or not to scumread someone for saying "relaxation is towny".
c4e5g3d5
Drug Dealer

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

@Esooa where'd you go?
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 294
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

c4e5g3d5 wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:27 am
Long Con wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:43 am
Nani the fuck you picked the single least vague post I've made in this entire thread to call vague. Fake read sir.
What do you mean "fake read"? Why is that wolfy? What is "Nani the fuck"?
Fake read: A read that isn't real
Wolfy: Dom wasn't actually trying to evaluate me but was acting like he was
Nani the fuck: Wtf
So literally the exact same thing I scumread Esooa for. Yet you acted like that was outrageous. Nanny fuck what's up?

There's nothing incorrect about Dom's post. "I played games in places, and uh, I try to read posts." LOL yeah that's not vague at all. You're the fake one, Seefore.
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

c4e5g3d5 wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:15 pm @Esooa, if you're still here, tell me if it's valid or not to scumread someone for saying "relaxation is towny".
idk, I think it can be, cause like I said before, it's a bit weird you town read me for that post specifically, when imo there's probably a lot more reasons to town read me with a more solid basis

So I'm thinking on whether if you're a wolf you would just use those better reasons, and so doing it is towny cause it's something that specifically stood out to you worth noting

Or whether if you're a wolf you'd bring that up to sound insightful like Alison said

Not sure on it, I can see it though, but I think you're probably town atm
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

seefore's real nickname should be seymour
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:36 am If Urist is serious about the vault city post we should still chop LC I think
In what world does Urist's alleged level of seriousness equate to chopping me?
c4e5g3d5
Drug Dealer

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

Long Con wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:21 pm
c4e5g3d5 wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:27 am
Long Con wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:43 am
What do you mean "fake read"? Why is that wolfy? What is "Nani the fuck"?
Fake read: A read that isn't real
Wolfy: Dom wasn't actually trying to evaluate me but was acting like he was
Nani the fuck: Wtf
So literally the exact same thing I scumread Esooa for. Yet you acted like that was outrageous. Nanny fuck what's up?

There's nothing incorrect about Dom's post. "I played games in places, and uh, I try to read posts." LOL yeah that's not vague at all. You're the fake one, Seefore.
Obviously the difference is the reason the read is being called fake. You called a read fake for a reason that anyone who thought for two seconds could explain away. I called a read fake for calling "Hi what's your playstyle" "Hi here's my playstyle" scummy.
falcon45ca
Posts in topic: 189

Post by falcon45ca »

Dom wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:01 pm c4 is yucky. He came in and was sloppy. He said vague shit. Didn't like any of it. When I point it out in my catch up, he turns around and says my reads are "fake" and that I am bad. There is nothing to defend here. There is nothing to understand. This is a desperate player not caring who they take down.

spf is yucky. I have detailed why I thought it was weird how she withheld and immediately gave her read on sloonei. Then she attacked me for it, but hid behind "understanding" when none of her actions really furthered that goal. Additionally, she asked sloonei what he thought of Alison at a time when Alison had two posts total and this was the result. It feels like that was never meant to go anywhere or learn anything from it.

Falcon seems to be more interested in looking like he gives a fuck than giving a fuck.

we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
c4e5g3d5
Drug Dealer

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

Esooa wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:21 pm
c4e5g3d5 wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:15 pm @Esooa, if you're still here, tell me if it's valid or not to scumread someone for saying "relaxation is towny".
idk, I think it can be, cause like I said before, it's a bit weird you town read me for that post specifically, when imo there's probably a lot more reasons to town read me with a more solid basis

So I'm thinking on whether if you're a wolf you would just use those better reasons, and so doing it is towny cause it's something that specifically stood out to you worth noting

Or whether if you're a wolf you'd bring that up to sound insightful like Alison said

You answered nothing. I say "relaxation is towny". Someone says "saying that is scummy because it's fundamentally wrong". Do you call BS?
c4e5g3d5
Drug Dealer

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

Esooa wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:22 pm seefore's real nickname should be seymour
I need to start writing these down.
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

c4e5g3d5 wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:28 pm
Esooa wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:21 pm

You answered nothing. I say "relaxation is towny". Someone says "saying that is scummy because it's fundamentally wrong". Do you call BS?
I'm saying I can see what Alison is saying
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

but I disagree that you're scum
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

No, you tried to butter fakeness on Dom literally asking for a better answer from you. Your original answer was pretty much as vague as you could give.

I didn't even have to think for two seconds to discredit you there by the way. ;)
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Anyhoo, lunch over, back to work!
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

[VOTE: long con] aubergine
c4e5g3d5
Drug Dealer

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

I say that a particular person had a particualr conversation in BTSC to arrive at a particular read. Three people immediately show up with the same read for a hundred different reasons. Nothing to see here.
c4e5g3d5
Drug Dealer

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

Alison, Dom, LC, Urist

At least two teamed wolves there. Alison is a self-described tunneler, so out of them I guess she's the best-looking.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

c4e5g3d5 wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:05 pm
Dom wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:01 pm
No, and I don't want to deal with questions that could be resolved by "actually read my fucking post", so please go away.
No <3
I seem to have struck a nerve.
c4e5g3d5 wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:36 pm Alison, Dom, LC, Urist

At least two teamed wolves there. Alison is a self-described tunneler, so out of them I guess she's the best-looking.
This is a player salad.

Return to “Previous Jobs”