Bread Mafia [Game Over]

Moderator: Community Team

Who's getting baked today? (It takes 8 votes to hammer the bread)

Poll ended at Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:00 pm

Alison
33%
DaughterOfOmega
7%
DkKoba
No votes
Esooa
7%
Grogu
No votes
JaggedJimmyJay
No votes
Made
No votes
Michelle
No votes
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
No votes
nutella
20%
staypositivefriend
No votes
tutuu
No votes
No Bake
No votes
Unvote
No votes
Croissant!!! (Host, Mods, Nonplayers, Deads)
33%

Total votes: 15
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 505
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Re: Bread Mafia [Day 3]

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:21 pm If this game is literally just 4/6 of the lowest posters (with the other two being dead) that would be wild

Also shoutout to Mac still being top six with one day played
That was supposed to say 3/5 lulz
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 794
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:19 pm Logic for why the mafia probably still have their vig shot is

If tutu is town:

You don’t use a vig shot on nutella N1, have it be blocked, then shoot tutu the next night, if they did this it’s laughably bad, thus they still have their vig shot

If tutu is mafia:

Tutu carries both KP? Lol no. Thus they still have their vig shot

So as you can see regardless of tutu’s alignment it’s very likely that mafia still have their vig shot
I'm confused about the nutella N1 blocked thing. Not sure what you mean (please explain to me like I'm either 5 or not mechanically-inclined). Also most syndicate blocks would neutralize the vig shot, i.e. it would be gone after being blocked
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
tutuu
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 510

Post by tutuu »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:21 pm
tutuu wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:19 pm shocked jjj is 3rd top poster. i always thought that he's sort of out there, lurking in the shadows. you sneaky boi jayjay
I think we're often not online at the same time. It's okay if I'm hard to notice. *patpat*
huggieeeeeeee

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:22 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:19 pm Logic for why the mafia probably still have their vig shot is

If tutu is town:

You don’t use a vig shot on nutella N1, have it be blocked, then shoot tutu the next night, if they did this it’s laughably bad, thus they still have their vig shot

If tutu is mafia:

So as you can see regardless of tutu’s alignment it’s very likely that mafia still have their vig shot
I'm confused about the nutella N1 blocked thing. Not sure what you mean (please explain to me like I'm either 5 or not mechanically-inclined). Also most syndicate blocks would neutralize the vig shot, i.e. it would be gone after being blocked
If you shoot nutella n1 and it’s blocked

You NK her N2 cause she can’t be protected a second night in a row
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

If tutu is town:

If tutu is mafia:

wait

ur just making me remember sloonei didnt do that in radiohead. he refunded x-shots if they were blocked

dont tell me ...
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:23 pm

If tutu is town:

If tutu is mafia:

was nutella shot night 1? I don't get it lol
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

tutuu wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:23 pm wait

ur just making me remember sloonei didnt do that in radiohead. he refunded x-shots if they were blocked

dont tell me ...
ionno

i never refund them

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

The only world where mafia potentially don’t have their vig shot and aren’t playing laughably bad is the world where they tried to double kill N1 and hit Nutella being saved then tutu carried N2 and was stopped by spf

Which is a big lulz world and not very likely imo

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:24 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:23 pm

If tutu is town:

If tutu is mafia:

was nutella shot night 1? I don't get it lol
Jesus Christ jay

IF SHE HAD BEEN SHOT N1 THEN MAFIA WOULDVE NKED HER N2 BECAUSE SHE COULDNT BE PROTECTED A SECOND TIME

AND BECAUSE SHE LIKELY WASNT NKED N2 MAFIA LIKELY HAVE THEIR VIG SHOT STILL

Basically the only realistic world where scum don’t have the vig kill still is one where tutu is mafia and spf is a literal god

So it’s very likely that mafia DO in fact still have their vig kill, and we should plan accordingly
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

My confusion is why nutella, but maybe you're using her as a stand-in for [some widely town read player that could have been shot]

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:28 pm My confusion is why nutella, but maybe you're using her as a stand-in for [some widely town read player that could have been shot]
Spf claimed JK on her N1, so it would have to be nutella
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:29 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:28 pm My confusion is why nutella, but maybe you're using her as a stand-in for [some widely town read player that could have been shot]
Spf claimed JK on her N1, so it would have to be nutella
oh okay i see, nevermind me, i'm just a dumb jimmy with a dumb brain, back to my analysis

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

tutuu

Post by tutuu »

mafia might still have 2 kills and 1 of them might get blocked tonight and if spf dies we wont know if it happened

anyway
Made
Hitman
Posts in topic: 501
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Made »

Yeah if we are assuming Tutuu and Nutella are town, there’s no point in figuring out the vig shit
Pov: you reading my takes
Michelle
Made Man
Posts in topic: 659
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Re: Bread Mafia [Day 0]

Post by Michelle »

idk how big can be an Iso for Alison, but I want to reach a post I remember from the middle of day 1
here are signs of possible agenda in every post.
Alison wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:14 am ordered

Bombs
DkKoba
JJJ

Removal
Esooa
nanook

Evasion
nutella
lurkers/one-posters
tutuu

Aggro
SPF

Duds
LC
LC is the first push made by Alison
Alison wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:19 am Dk is inno child by the way. Threadspewed/TMI'd out the ass and has not trended down in terms of tone after being townread by half the game.
pocketing Dk here I think
Alison wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:28 am I'm sorry about the rand michelle
this 'joke' was meant to start a discussion who succeed to put me in the Poe and is agenda-y
Alison wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:37 am
nutella wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:36 am idk if there's one in esooa/tutuu ehhh

could be one in jay/made, prolly made
I veto jay

I have one reason to townread him but I think it's a really reliable and good reason
pocketing Jay, and if Alison is wolf the possibility of being with Nutella are pretty high
Made wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:36 am
nutella wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:34 am
the alison mindmelds go on and on and on
I don't like this. y'alls last mindmeld alison was bad?
nutella and me mindmeld regardless of our respective alignments, I don't think she even sees it as AI at this point she's just using it as a fancy "I agree"
well, the regardless thingy is a curious choice of words
Alison wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:55 am
Michelle wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:54 am Alison is town i think, i can feel it
why am I town for explaining the mtg joke?
She looks like she wanted to discredit me for the read. Discussing and questioning town reads on themselves are bold wolf tactics, and Alison if wolf can play like this
Alison wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:58 am esooa/tutuu is probably T/T

swap tutuu with DoO in my POE and I am happy with it.
These are changes made with the thread's flow
Alison wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:59 am I actually think Made is the highest scum equity player here because they can be scum in like every world but Michelle/Omega etc. have their scum equity reduced if Made isn't scum (becauase it doesn't make sense to pocket or TMI him in that situation)
constructing world so early is a known scum tactic but here she expressed it in a way that looked like she is clearing me and Omega if Made flips scum. Looked like a real thought, and was a thing who was strengthening my town read on Alison then
Alison wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:15 am The tell is that I think nutella mafia would pretend to be cagey about townreading me due to fake suspicion about being pocketed, which would simultaneously discredit me and make her look like a Paranoid Townie.

nutella town just says whatever's on her mind and what she really believes without thinking about how it makes her look.
I understand such take about Nutella, but what if they are both part of the scum team?
Alison wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:17 am
DaughterOfOmega wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:15 am
nutella wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:56 am both michelle and daughterofomega have given weird townreads of made that are out of tune with the rest of the thread

is that just the team lmao
Sometimes you have to realize that the evil want to fit in and gain the innocent's favor. You want to attack the people on their own, or giving takes that put themselves outside of the majority. This is something that some town do, because their ideas and thoughts are genuine, and instead of tailoring their responses to gain credit, they just say what is true to them.
Any credit given to this slot for posting thoughts that go against the grain should be revoked because they are clearly aware it is a townie thing to do and are fishing for cred for it
a chain full of wifom
the shade for Omega can be distancing if Alison is scum
Alison wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:23 am why is coming back to thread a towntell in general actually? I've seen it waved around a bit but like I do it extensively as both alignments and it's always because:

1) I like playing mafia and decided I want to play more
2) I have new thoughts about the game to share
3) I said I was going to sleep but I had insomnia again

and all three things are NAI
Alison disagrees what Nanook said is a town tell for me, even if she knows this is a habit I have and she put effort in showing he is wrong.
Alison wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:36 am I think my towncore is Dk, Esooa, JJJ, nutella, tutuu, maybe nook. Unless I am being completely outplayed this should be close enough to the truth (if not just the straight truth) to roll over the game given the players involved.
the coloured word is preparing for her being wrong because she may be outplayed. I saw Alison villager at MU, she was not afraid of being outplayed, I don't remember this, and she found me villager even if I was just gif posting
Alison wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:34 am I feel like this is the kind of game where you just form a towncore and then roll them over with brute force

also where is LC
again, push for LC but not a direct case
Alison wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:56 am
EllieDelight wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:56 am lol dude i know i can, you literally showed me how you play mafia. get fucked kid if youre mafia this game youre as good as toast
lock town
looks like TMI

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:59 pm Death before cowardice.
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Michelle wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:42 pm idk how big can be an Iso for Alison, but I want to reach a post I remember from the middle of day 1
here are signs of possible agenda in every post.
Alison wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:14 am ordered

Bombs
DkKoba
JJJ

Removal
Esooa
nanook

Evasion
nutella
lurkers/one-posters
tutuu

Aggro
SPF

Duds
LC
LC is the first push made by Alison
Alison wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:19 am Dk is inno child by the way. Threadspewed/TMI'd out the ass and has not trended down in terms of tone after being townread by half the game.
pocketing Dk here I think
this 'joke' was meant to start a discussion who succeed to put me in the Poe and is agenda-y
nutella wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:36 am idk if there's one in esooa/tutuu ehhh

could be one in jay/made, prolly made
I veto jay

I have one reason to townread him but I think it's a really reliable and good reason
pocketing Jay, and if Alison is wolf the possibility of being with Nutella are pretty high
Made wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:36 am
nutella wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:34 am
the alison mindmelds go on and on and on
I don't like this. y'alls last mindmeld alison was bad?
nutella and me mindmeld regardless of our respective alignments, I don't think she even sees it as AI at this point she's just using it as a fancy "I agree"
well, the regardless thingy is a curious choice of words
Alison wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:55 am
Michelle wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:54 am Alison is town i think, i can feel it
why am I town for explaining the mtg joke?
She looks like she wanted to discredit me for the read. Discussing and questioning town reads on themselves are bold wolf tactics, and Alison if wolf can play like this

These are changes made with the thread's flow
Alison wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:59 am I actually think Made is the highest scum equity player here because they can be scum in like every world but Michelle/Omega etc. have their scum equity reduced if Made isn't scum (becauase it doesn't make sense to pocket or TMI him in that situation)
constructing world so early is a known scum tactic but here she expressed it in a way that looked like she is clearing me and Omega if Made flips scum. Looked like a real thought, and was a thing who was strengthening my town read on Alison then
Alison wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:15 am The tell is that I think nutella mafia would pretend to be cagey about townreading me due to fake suspicion about being pocketed, which would simultaneously discredit me and make her look like a Paranoid Townie.

nutella town just says whatever's on her mind and what she really believes without thinking about how it makes her look.
I understand such take about Nutella, but what if they are both part of the scum team?
nutella wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:56 am both michelle and daughterofomega have given weird townreads of made that are out of tune with the rest of the thread

Sometimes you have to realize that the evil want to fit in and gain the innocent's favor. You want to attack the people on their own, or giving takes that put themselves outside of the majority. This is something that some town do, because their ideas and thoughts are genuine, and instead of tailoring their responses to gain credit, they just say what is true to them.
Any credit given to this slot for posting thoughts that go against the grain should be revoked because they are clearly aware it is a townie thing to do and are fishing for cred for it
a chain full of wifom
the shade for Omega can be distancing if Alison is scum
Alison wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:23 am why is coming back to thread a towntell in general actually? I've seen it waved around a bit but like I do it extensively as both alignments and it's always because:

1) I like playing mafia and decided I want to play more
2) I have new thoughts about the game to share
3) I said I was going to sleep but I had insomnia again

and all three things are NAI
Alison disagrees what Nanook said is a town tell for me, even if she knows this is a habit I have and she put effort in showing he is wrong.
Alison wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:36 am I think my towncore is Dk, Esooa, JJJ, nutella, tutuu, maybe nook. Unless I am being completely outplayed this should be close enough to the truth (if not just the straight truth) to roll over the game given the players involved.
the coloured word is preparing for her being wrong because she may be outplayed. I saw Alison villager at MU, she was not afraid of being outplayed, I don't remember this, and she found me villager even if I was just gif posting
Alison wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:34 am I feel like this is the kind of game where you just form a towncore and then roll them over with brute force

also where is LC
again, push for LC but not a direct case
Alison wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:56 am
EllieDelight wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:56 am lol dude i know i can, you literally showed me how you play mafia. get fucked kid if youre mafia this game youre as good as toast
lock town
looks like TMI
we can split the load, how far did you get?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Do Alison and DaughterOfOmega fit together as mafia teammates?

From Alison about Omega

Alison wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:45 am [Michelle/Made/LC/tutuu] is my POE. Maybe strike out tutuu and replace her with DoO if she's really changing her meta since that would invalidate my scumtell on her

These are a few initial takes from Alison. Omega didn't start in the POE of four, but entered it when tutuu became a town read. The last post is a Day 0 association thing that means little to me. At the start it's rather like the Grogu interaction a moment ago -- outskirts of the POE. But we've just begun here.

Alison wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:28 am
DaughterOfOmega wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:25 am

I find this post very awkward. The perspective of it is what bothers me. The focus of the post is trying to limit any town cred I could potentially receive. Though this person has been around the entire thread and would know that not a single person has given me town cred for going against the grain, if this had been a topic of discussion prior, then the idea being a genuine thought from an innocent is possible. Though I've thought for a bit, since this had not been a prior read, what is a thought process that could lead someone to say this?

My short conclusion as of now is that Alison would potentially being an evil alignment, who is coming to the thread with a focus on denying innocents from achieving levels of good cred. I have sat here thinking of other focuses that would lead a town to posting this, which I haven't been able to see.
Esooa has said your post was TWTBAW, which is directly giving you towncred for going against the grain. Nanook has at least heavily implied that he was doing something similar. So yes, people have been giving you towncred for it.

This interaction may be somewhat telling. There's a degree of animosity here that would be unique for mafia teammates at this early stage. It's not super moving, but it is something.

Alison wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:28 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:28 am I'm getting a sort of Martin/Glorfindel love-child vibe from DaughterOfOmega -- formal diction of a sort that is easy to read as stilted even when it isn't.

i have no alignment read though
I have no problem with their tone.
Alison wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:31 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:29 am not sure that daughterofomega's angle as scum facing pressure would be to out a read on alison like that. that's a p cocky thing for her to do as maf
It's literally just them complaining about my aggro post and then OMGUSing me

This is a bit reductive and not really a fair representation of what Omega had to say. If Alison is mafia this kind of discredit is decently dissociative.

Alison wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:39 am
DaughterOfOmega wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:38 am The actions someone take is what I find most important in mafia, and for me Alison's focus in the game has not helped town so far. It comes off as helping herself, and putting herself into a position of power, and not genuinely looking to read the game.

Though I'd like to read more of the game as it goes.
care to elaborate on what posts you feel have been trying to grab clout, or what takes I've given that you think are shallow and not really looking to read people?

Inoffensive but also uninteresting.

Alison wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:40 pm
DaughterOfOmega wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:32 pm I think Grogu is the mafia who will be found first. They are kind of openwolfing to an extent that I enjoy, and I won't push them personally.
mafia doesn't say this

This is an important moment in the Alison/Omega dynamic, perhaps the most important. I don't actually know what inspired Alison so much about Omega's post to warrant the confidence of the snap read. While it's possible this is meant to set up a teammate with a posture of strength in the game, it could also reflect Alison reverting course from a failed attack on Omega and looking to pocket instead.

Alison wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:57 am That wall on DoO made me feel slightly better about them mostly because I suspect they're scumreading me for playstyle differences and that's townie

Alison is referencing this post from Omega (click). I'll say more about Omega's post on the other side of this interaction. The gist is, Omega cased Alison on Day 0 with a rather large multi-quote post, and Alison town read her for it. That it's so dismissive actually looks to me like non-teammate stuff. If they want to distance, they distance. If they want to support each other, they support each other. This kind of "I case you, and you just accept me without a word" thing would be awkward for mafia. I don't see a gameplan there beyond "maybe JJJ will read this well for us on Day 3" (lol)

Alison wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:58 pm Speaking of DOO, who was the first person to townread her?
Alison wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:38 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:05 pm
Alison wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:58 pm Speaking of DOO, who was the first person to townread her?
I think it was me
Points for you then.
Alison wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:50 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:46 pm i'm a bit tinfoily about nanook now, as much as one could be on day 0
I think the DOO stuff reflected well on him. DOO was a player who had a bad entrance, was scumread for it, and then made some really townie posts and is rapidly becoming consensus town. It's easy for mafia to jump on after DOO posts townie, but while DOO still looked like LHF, defending them confidently says something about your alignment. If it was another player, I might have seen it as TMI, but nook is well known for being able to correctly get there on people other people find hard to townread very early in the game. Occam's Razor is that he's town and he had a legit townread.

Alison giving Nanook town credit for his own town read on Omega is starting to veer more concretely into pocket territory, I think.

Alison wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:55 am
MacDougall wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:19 am
nah u just wrong here, at least one of them literally did just TMI him... why do you think otherwise?
ATP I wrote this post, Made/Michelle/Omega were all suspected. If you're scum, under pressure, and a townie LHF is in bad shape, you don't stick your neck out to defend them and get called out for TMI. You just let 'em swing, save your own skin, and there's absolutely 0 accountability for their death.

Mafia TMI townies because they know that they're town and get caught trying to look good defending them. Michelle/DOO don't really look good or gain anything defending town!Made in that situation.
Alison wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:01 am
MacDougall wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:57 am
Alison wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:55 am
MacDougall wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:19 am
nah u just wrong here, at least one of them literally did just TMI him... why do you think otherwise?
ATP I wrote this post, Made/Michelle/Omega were all suspected. If you're scum, under pressure, and a townie LHF is in bad shape, you don't stick your neck out to defend them and get called out for TMI. You just let 'em swing, save your own skin, and there's absolutely 0 accountability for their death.

Mafia TMI townies because they know that they're town and get caught trying to look good defending them. Michelle/DOO don't really look good or gain anything defending town!Made in that situation.
I don't think Michelle or Omega were actually fully salient of the fact they were under pressure honestly. It was that a lot of people were a little bit sketch on them. Nobody was tunneling or trying to actually damage them. I don't think they felt particularly like they should have been considerate of such a detailed thing. You are probably placing your own mafia meta onto your expectations of them I feel.
Re: projecting my own playstyle on them, maybe, yeah. But I give them enough credit to be able to read the room and know that they're the scummiest people in it. Michelle is experienced, and according to nutella DOO is the alt of someone who has been around the block. They aren't D1 newbie newbs. And in a game with such strong trust between vocal players with a lot of presence, "a lot of people are a little bit sketch on you" is pretty big pressure, just because everyone else is townread so hard.

Alison, at Mac's prompt, gave an explanation for why Omega town reading Made wasn't TMI. I don't think I care about this either way.

Alison wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:24 am I don't support a DOOM exe today. DOOM has had one post that made me go "oh, that's not something a mafia would say". There are multiple people in this game who have not had a post like that. I want them to go before DOOM.
Alison wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:42 am
DaughterOfOmega wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:32 pm I think Grogu is the mafia who will be found first. They are kind of openwolfing to an extent that I enjoy, and I won't push them personally.
@tutuu your thoughts on this post?

Don't just say mafia post, if you think it comes from mafia, explain why
Alison wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:46 am
tutuu wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:44 am
Alison wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:42 am
@tutuu your thoughts on this post?

Don't just say mafia post, if you think it comes from mafia, explain why
I'm not in the mood to explain myself on why I think stuff. I just think them. DOOM probably not w/w with Grogu.
I ask because that DOOM post was what made me think "oh, this doesn't come from mafia". It comes across as nakedly honest, like the kind of thought that just sprung off the top of their head. I can't see any agenda in it, and it puts them in an uncomfortable position if they are mafia.

Alison leaned pretty hard into that one post of Omega's that she snap read as town. She returns to it more than once to highlight its importance to her. As before, it's "technically" compatible in that it's defensive of Omega, but it doesn't necessarily feel that way to me.

Alison wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:35 am I went from being Made's top scum read to what seems to be the least of his scum reads. (He describes me as an "on the low" scumread, and indicates that my death would give him the least information.) I have been afk for the past 9 hours, so I know I didn't say something townie. What did [LC/Michelle/SPF/DOO/JJJ] do that pushed them past me in terms of suspicion?

Omega gets a mention in a huge name blob.

Alison wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:54 pm Here's where I'm at.

DOOM is in the upper POE because they've had one good post and been meh otherwise. They can't be cleared but they're not priority to be exed. I could see their slap fight with tutuu as T/T.

This is pulled from a big reads list. It's generally consistent with what preceded it, so fine whatever.

Alison wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:41 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:37 am esooa's frustration makes sense to me if i think about it through the lens of her townread on long con being ignored and her being proven "right" - and feeling as though she was held up to an impossible/unfair standard. it also makes sense that she might feel frustrated that her alignment is being judged off of her d1 read on ellie, whereas the people (including myself) who misread LC on d1 are perceived as not being held to the same standard. i've been in similar positions as town where i just "know" that i should be confirmed town to everyone else, and i become desperate to convince everyone else. i think that esooa's mindset here is town indicative, because it has a number of underlying assumptions & feelings that i think esooa!scum would be pretty unlikely to have

although i can empathize with the frustration, i think the method she's taking to get people tr her (strongarming/aggressiveness) is fairly ineffective and probably just going to make the game more stressful to read. i think the core people (nutella/esooa) involved in this exchange are most likely just town, and our time and energy would be better spent by finding potential partners for ellie and exploring different worlds today
i agree w/ everything in this post

ftr I think ellie is scum and there's almost certainly one scum if not two in made/DOOM just from interaction spew

Connecting Omega to Ellie doesn't mean much now, so this aggression is rather neutralized.

Alison wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:22 pm Okay, well, that was the only ping, all my other notifications were just people quoting posts I made.

So my issue here is that Michelle is doing an awful lot of work/solving despite having a lot of pressure on her. I don't remember trying this hard to save herself in Champs finale when she was caught as scum, she just let her teammates bus her and maximize their cred. The situations are different and she might have felt pressured to do more here if her team is weak (eg. if it's Made/Michelle/Grogu), but I'm townreading this last burst of activity from her.

I agree broadly with the sentiment that DOOM's recent posts have been very good, and I am currently towncoring Esooa/nutella/tutuu/koba/nanook with fairly high confidence. I'm not scumreading SPF, but she hasn't made herself as raw town as she claimed she would be, and this particular post pinged me:
staypositivefriend wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:55 am i'm going to bed but i'm probably parking my vote on michelle until she towntells. gnight
Because in this position, SPF was fairly confident Michelle was scum and making up nonsensical reasons ("you're lying about being drunk", etc.) to vote her. The "until she towntells" qualifier read to me as kinda hedgy, like she was leaving herself an out to get out of the wagon without too much scrutiny if she suddenly realizes Michelle is PR or that she'd look bad off Michelle's flip. @staypositivefriend can you elaborate a little about what sort of towntells Michelle could drop that would change your mind about her alignment at this point in time?

A more strongly-worded good vibes read for Omega.

Alison wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:25 pm Towncore: Esooa/nutella/tutuu/koba/nanook

Knocking on the towncore door: DOOM

High POE: Michelle, SPF

Low POE: Grogu, Made, Ellie

Something like this is where I'm at atm. I think there's a decent chance the team is exactly [Grogu/Made/Ellie], since the interactions make sense to me if it's exactly that.

Omega got her own tier in this one. This stage of the interaction isn't saying much of anything to me.

Alison wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:55 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:33 am I want to permanently dissociate these two (Grogu and Omega). Anyone feel free to object.
I object to this, since I'm really not sure what you see in this as clearing them from being W/W.

(I read DOOM as probably town anyway so it's not a big deal though)

Alison was unwilling to split Omega from Grogu but reiterated her town read. That's something I'll have to reassess for the other two when I get there. For Alison's part, it's whatever.

Alison wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:03 pm This has been bothering the back of my mind for a bit so I'm going to note it down here: a lot of people have come forward and said something like "actually why are we townclearing nutella" or "actually maybe nutella is scum". This doesn't make sense to me because nutella is in the exact same obvious town position as she tends to be most of the time when she's town. I've played quite a few games with her in that position, as both alignments, and most of the time it's just accepted that she's town and people don't question it or tinfoil her.

From memory, the people who've tried to poke at nutella's position are DK, DOOM, Michelle, Made and LC. LC is flipped town, so not a concern - DK and DOOM are new to the site, which could potentially explain their behavior. That the two names left on the list are Michelle and Made (my top two suspects) makes me think that the shade against nutella comes from a wolfy place, possibly piggybacking off genuine new-to-the-site suspicion from DK and DOOM. This suggests that the towncore is mostly watertight, and that mafia are trying their best to crack it, and it doubly clears nutella if so.

Alison suggested in a roundabout way that people's suspicions of nutella might be malevolent, but half-exonerated Omega for her newness alongside DK. Logical but also compatible.

Alison wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:25 pm
Made wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:22 pm wait, so if michelle is bad, who are her teammates again?
You.

Then I think the third is Grogu, DOOM or Ellie (although Ellie is the least likely and would require some impressive anti-spew going on with the argument about how many games of experience Ellie had).
Alison wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:30 pm
nutella wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:29 pm
Made wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:27 pm
DkKoba wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:26 pm
Made wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:25 pm pumping the brakes, i'll vote back michelle in one second
if u hammer u should be turbo'd for it.

im informing u rn that voting = hammer.
I was voted michelle, and moved me vote off to prevent hammer cuz i'm still a little loss on implications of the flip.
is Alison's read consensus?
I have Grogu and Doom as town. I think Ellie and you are both possible Michelle teammates, and Nanook and Jay are also possibilities. It may be one of you/ellie and one of the two "deeper" guys
I think Nanook and Jay are townier than Grogu and Doom but we can argue about that D4

Omega got some soft suspicion here, by way of association or comparison to Nanook and I. Reasonable but compatible.

Alison wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:22 pm I have never heard of DOOM's old account before so as far as I'm concerned I'm treating her as a fresh slate and judging her based on what I see from now on.
Alison wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:29 pm
Esooa wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:24 pm @Allison reads list pls unless you've posted one recently
Towncore: DK, Esooa, nanook, nutella, tutuu, JJJ
Knocking on the door: SPF, DOOM
Townread: Grogu
POE: Michelle, Made, Ellie

DOOM and Grogu move around a bit, but this is roughly where I have them at right now. JJJ has been too in-sync with me today for me to leave him out of the towncore, and I don't think mafia is in a good enough position that they can afford to just have the exact same stance as me to pocket me. If JJJ is scum he has to push his own agenda, not just sheep me. I've had a couple of interactions with SPF that make me more confident about her, and that's why she's knocking at the towncore's door. I particularly liked the "chill" vibe I got from her when I quizzed her about how she feels about people not clearing her.

The first post is just there for posterity. The reads list follows the recent trends -- Alison tends to view Omega positively, but she never quite cracks the top tier. Given Omega's lower activity level I don't fault Alison for that, but it is once again technically compatible.

Alison wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:14 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:08 am
Alison wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:07 am Grogu has moved in my reads. I'm still conflicted because his actual pushes are kinda opportunistic on a base level but I don't have a hard time believing he would do this as town and he comes off as honest and transparent in his posting.

I'm seeing more tinfoil towards the "middle" slots like me/SPF/JJJ/nook. I currently have townreads on all of these players and no particular inclination to tinfoil any of them.
would you mind giving a brief overview of your current POE? i'd be interested to see how aligned we are
If Michelle is town then I'm leaning more to an Ellie/Made/+1 team. Candidates for +1 are... DOOM, I guess? Everyone else is townie. I guess I can see why the middle slots are being tinfoiled now, since someone has to be mafia and there seem to be decent reasons to townread everyone else.

The "I guess" here is would be a lower-level mafia tell than I'd expect from Alison about her teammate. I'll spare you the Too Compatible to Be Compatible (TCTBC) read though and leave you with "technically compatible".

Alison wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:40 am DOOM can you elaborate on why you think Nanook is a better fit for Ellie's partner than Made?
Alison wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:38 am
DaughterOfOmega wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:36 am
Alison wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:09 am
DaughterOfOmega wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:08 am Who asked me reads?

I am fairly confident that Ellie is mafia.

Made/Michelle less so, but have small things that are scummy.

I think Ellie's partners is more like Nanook+1
Can you give me a POE or list of candidates for the +1?
not really, I'd just be picking some people at random because I don't have a good feeling for the +1
Townie post

Pretty softball stuff here.

Alison wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:46 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:40 am
Alison wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:38 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:33 am
Alison wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:29 am I'm having mixed feelings about this SPF push on Koba and not sure whether to ding her for trying to widen the POE or give her points for townie paranoia.
if i was interested in widening the poe then i would be pushing on nanook, or jagged, or even you - not on a player that's been consensus "spewed clear" town from the very beginning of the game. if i was interested in getting people paranoid about koba, it would also be a lot more subtle
Okay. GTH, is the game easy or hard?
it's easy with a strong likelihood of exactly one deep wolf

i think outing that thought could be perceived as instilling paranoia, but that's where i'm at
This is actually where I'm at too lol

It's like Ellie and Made and then the elusive +1 is hard. It's why I've been looking for signs of powerwolfing, because in that world the +1 has to leverage their clout to help their team somehow, and I think this will be the marker that helps us find them. From that perspective, koba/doom/grogu are less likely to fit this bill, since they haven't been making any concerted effort to push a scum agenda. So maybe the +1 isn't DOOM after all and you just fooled me with the chill vibe, or JJJ faked a mind meld, or something.

Omega remains a middling and inconclusive read. So at the least, the most recent content from Alison does not make them incompatible.

From Omega about Alison

Click here for the aforementioned Day 0 case from Omega on Alison

I referenced this earlier. Omega genuinely got in Alison's grill here, and she did so very early in the game. Alison hadn't yet attained a global town read status (not sure she ever quite did), but she was doing alright if she is a mafioso and didn't really need this massive case for distancing's sake. It's particularly notable to me that Alison's reply was so flat -- "Omega's town for that case". Is that how mafia teammates are likely to operate? It's "possible", but I don't think I'd call it probable. That's probably the best thing I've got to separate the two.

DaughterOfOmega wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:35 pm tutu
StayPositive
Esooa
Made
Nanook

and potentially Alison are my town. I want to build up my alison read slowly, I see a bit of things that I take pause with.

The reversion to a semi-town read here isn't my favorite way to follow up the previous point. Omega's Alison read parallels Alison's Omega read -- kinda town but not supertown.

DaughterOfOmega wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:15 am I find that my reads are so contrarian that posting them would just get me scum read, but I don't play mafia like a scared person.

SPF
Alison
Koba
Esooa
Michelle
tutuu
Nanook
Grogu
Jay
Made
Nutella
Ellie
DaughterOfOmega wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:25 am I have seen SPF do more gamesolving in ways that feel genuine, far more than others. Alison may come close, but have some other things that makes me put her a bit lower on the list.
DaughterOfOmega wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:01 pm
Alison wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:00 pm I've seen trans people around since I started playing mafia, which has been a long ass time. It's just something you notice more when you're trans yourself.
I think everyone just wants to be like me, which is fair, I am jealous of myself too.

The shift is jarring. Alison climbed from mega-case suspect to second-ranked town read. The second post implies that Omega perceives Alison's game solving to be genuine, even if slightly less so than SPF's. That's a stark contrast to the Day 0 case.

I don't have a problem with players changing their minds. Townies should change their minds in the presence of new information instead of being stubborn butts. But I would prefer if I knew more about Omega's progression -- there isn't a lot here to explain the change. That's something Omega herself ought to speak more about. I'm also not sure it's typical of analytical teammates like these two would be to allow their progression to look like that. Again I'll temper any TCTBC stuff.

DaughterOfOmega wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:01 pm
Alison wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:00 pm I've seen trans people around since I started playing mafia, which has been a long ass time. It's just something you notice more when you're trans yourself.
I think everyone just wants to be like me, which is fair, I am jealous of myself too.
DaughterOfOmega wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:25 pm
Alison wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:22 pm I have never heard of DOOM's old account before so as far as I'm concerned I'm treating her as a fresh slate and judging her based on what I see from now on.
lol

It's not like everyone hates me or something. Just was an abrasive asshole in mafia.

Harmless banter.

DaughterOfOmega wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:44 am
Alison wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:40 am DOOM can you elaborate on why you think Nanook is a better fit for Ellie's partner than Made?
how much time is left in day?

I am in a game, will get to this after
DaughterOfOmega wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:45 am The more I read of Nanook ISO, the more i lock them in as mafia

Working on my post on why Ellie's partner is Nanook

@Alison

Nothing wrong with this chatter but also not incompatible.

DaughterOfOmega wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:31 am I think the game is like turbo easy

Alison
Koba
Grogu
Jay
nanook

do we have 5 kills? if so gg

Alison joins Omega's POE today in light of new information. That probably doesn't mean much given the reductive requirements of the role claims.

DaughterOfOmega wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:09 am
nutella wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:00 am Think it's likely just Alison and two of Doom/Dk/grogu
I would say this, if you think Alison and I would have that interaction d1 as partners, you think a whole lot more of me than you should

There are a few posts like this, but I'll let this one act as the representative. It's wifom, but I also think it's worth thinking about. I say things like this when I am town expecting nobody to listen to me, so I will at least think about it -- or write a huge post about it. :scared:

Conclusion

It's a bit of a mixed bag in that the earliest portion of the game, to me, looks like a non-teammate relationship. Omega's aggression against Alison and Alison's low-energy reception does not look like typical teammate behavior to me. The more recent phases of the game though have not been so convincing and they've kinda softballed each other constantly. So I open the floor to discuss it, because I think this might be the most important interaction to sort.

Ask yourself how much you care about my points in the early game, and work from there. Gun to my head, I say they are not mafia teammates.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

tutuu

Post by tutuu »

bookmarked to read later. i agree that its probably super important
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Alison wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:21 am
Made wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:08 am
Alison wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:57 am
Made wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:52 am Okay y'all. Write out your hypotetical towncores, because i don't think they line up.

Like Alison, SPF isn't even in your towncore???
They don't even have to. Not everyone in the towncore has to share the exact same reads. It's about a critical mass of trust coming into play. Sure, I may not have a solid reason to trust X personally, but I don't have any particular suspicion on them, and I trust Y and Z greatly, and Y and Z both trust X. So I extend trust to X as a result of that, and take them out of the POE. I don't need to directly townread everyone else in the towncore so much as I do need to not scumread them and trust that my actual townreads can read them.
I get that. it's about consolidating around trust.
but like there doesn't seem to be much if any overlap, unless you define towncore to be a process where trust is defined implicitly: Where the people who are trusted the most trust the reads of the people they trust most and a PoE appears organically, but that doesn't not sound like what towncore is.

towncore from my understanding is an explict list of players who town trust. sure, the list isn't going to be the same exact for all players-- one person off here one person off there-- but what it feels like you're describing here as a towncore is a town daisychain.
I think the difference there is less than just semantic
I mean I think there's significant overlap
Alison's investment in towncore at this point i'd say is pretty AI
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

if Alison and Omega aren't teammates and if Alison is mafia, omega isn't mafia.

so remaining poe in this case would be:
Dkkoba, Grogu, JJJ, Nanook (I'm kinda willing to remove Esooa from PoE at this point)

is there any case for Dkkoba? I've consistently read them town all game
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 345
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:09 pm
Alison wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:15 pm Two questions.

@NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME, did you have any inkling as to the basis of my townread on you?

@nutella Why do you think I'm scum?
I did not lol, but that was a silly reason to TR me—I “soft” a PR in most games I play, or so I’m told, by saying stuff like “you can’t kill me” or “I’m literally confirmed town” when I’m not.
I think there was a particularly insistent way you repeated it that went beyond playstyle/WIFOM but eh. How come you didn't seem at all curious why I had a tight-lipped townread on you?
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.

Alison wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:16 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:09 pm

@NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME, did you have any inkling as to the basis of my townread on you?

I did not lol, but that was a silly reason to TR me—I “soft” a PR in most games I play, or so I’m told, by saying stuff like “you can’t kill me” or “I’m literally confirmed town” when I’m not.
I think there was a particularly insistent way you repeated it that went beyond playstyle/WIFOM but eh. How come you didn't seem at all curious why I had a tight-lipped townread on you?
I figured it would come out eventually
Alison

Post by Alison »

nutella wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:37 pm

very, very limited world possibilities and you have positioned yourself the way i think you would as a wolf
This is not how I'd be playing this game as a wolf lol, I would be aggressively pocketing the towncore if I was one, and I wouldn't have taken such a lax attitude with a POE I knew would flip town sooner or later.

I feel like you're trying to shove a narrative through where it *has* to be me because that's the only world that fits and I don't think that's true at all. Who do you think went deep D1/D2? And don't say me, lots of people said they would sus me first if the game was even slightly hard, I was only barely trusted.
Alison

Post by Alison »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:42 pm I suspect Nanook’s solving style would be relatively easy to fake, e.g. making snap reads with a low degree of wordy explanation and building an elimination pool. I think his responses to today’s claim drama would be more difficult to fake, especially in real time.
It's probably within his scum range, I actually find the most townie thing he's done is to not care about pushing a line of thinking at all
Alison

Post by Alison »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:44 pm I’m iffy on Alison clearing Nanook for days on the basis of a power role read. Could be, but the thought never occurred to me, and Nanook calls himself confirmed all the time.
I cleared him for like one in game day.
Alison

Post by Alison »

nutella wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:07 pm vibing with tooty toots a lot. i think ali/domo/grog fits
Alison

Post by Alison »

No it doesn't. Gamestate doesn't point to me being the deepest wolf, wtf
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/th ... ead/page59
Esooa's wolf performance, good job!

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 826
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

If tutu is town:

If tutu is mafia:

Yes

So spf should try to hit the killer so there's a chance she survives
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

If you think she can't have a solid enough killer poe then saving in made/michelle is fine but I think it's decent to try for it
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Alison

Post by Alison »

nutella wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:08 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:44 pm I’m iffy on Alison clearing Nanook for days on the basis of a power role read. Could be, but the thought never occurred to me, and Nanook calls himself confirmed all the time.
yeah my thought when she said that was that it's a very easy thing for her to set up to call back to lol
If I am scum what advantage does this give me over just laying down some generic cheap townread on nook and either killing him at night if I genuinely believe he's a PR or just going about my business if I don't

Just because I can come and argue that I would have killed nook if I was scum?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Esp since we're assuming there will be two killers lol and she can prevent one of them, potentially herself
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Also i am tired, i will continue tomorow

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Alison wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:28 pm
nutella wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:08 pm
yeah my thought when she said that was that it's a very easy thing for her to set up to call back to lol
If I am scum what advantage does this give me over just laying down some generic cheap townread on nook and either killing him at night if I genuinely believe he's a PR or just going about my business if I don't

Just because I can come and argue that I would have killed nook if I was scum?
Yes
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:27 pm Basically the only realistic world where scum don’t have the vig kill still is one where tutu is mafia and spf is a literal god
Right the possible world is I was saved n1 and tutuu specifically tried to kill me n2
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Alison

Post by Alison »

Made wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:27 pm Wait so we’re confident that Tutuu is mafia because she’s hit all of her town markers but hasn’t been mafia in 2 years???

Alisons votes look the worst here
[VOTE: Alison] aubergine
Explain this?
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:27 pm Basically the only realistic world where scum don’t have the vig kill still is one where tutu is mafia and spf is a literal god
A world where Nutella is mafia also is possible

Alison

Post by Alison »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:50 pm Spf should just rand between saving Michelle and made imo. Highest chance to get a save off successfully.
Won't they just shoot her?
Made
Hitman

Re: Bread Mafia [Day 1]

Post by Made »

Alison wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:31 pm
Made wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:27 pm Wait so we’re confident that Tutuu is mafia because she’s hit all of her town markers but hasn’t been mafia in 2 years???

Explain this?
Michelle wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:21 pm I want to see the progression of votes in day 1, I coloured them in green the flipped villagers, in light green the mechanically confirmed
Btw @DkKoba you said you have some pics after VCs please post them
Michelle wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:24 pm deleting some rows from VCs
and now ordering them chronologically
Michelle wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:54 pmthis is a post where I quoted some VCs, keeping it for refference
Michelle wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:00 am This wagon formation alwaya bakes a wolf

[VOTE: SPF] aubergine

Alison 1 Made
Esooa 1 DkKoba
JaggedJimmyJay 1 tutuu
Long Con 1 Esooa
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME 1 Long Con
staypositivefriend 1 Michelle

Michelle wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:57 am
Alison 1 Made
DaughterOfOmega
EllieDelight 1 Long Con
JaggedJimmyJay 1 tutuu
Long Con 5 EllieDelight, nutella, Alison, staypositivefriend, Esooa
Michelle 1 DkKoba

Oh my,
Michelle wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:58 am When on earth a player like LC has such a huge wagon on day 1 of a game and one who claimed wolf like me and is supected by everyone and their mother has just one vote?
Probably he scum slipped, but i am not sold on that, but keeping all day a single wagon is antitown iykwim

And the game has few mafia monsters, none of them stressed by such thing.
I will try to read and see what happened.

EllieDelight 1 Long Con
JaggedJimmyJay 1 tutuu
Long Con 7 MacDougall, nutella, Made, EllieDelight, Alison, staypositivefriend, Esooa
Made 1 NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
Michelle 1 DkKoba
Michelle wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:08 am
DaughterOfOmega 1 tutuu
EllieDelight 3 Long Con, Esooa, MacDougall
Esooa 1 DaughterOfOmega
Long Con 4 staypositivefriend, nutella, EllieDelight, Alison
Made 2 NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME, JaggedJimmyJay
Michelle 2 Grogu, Made
tutuu 1 DkKoba
Michelle wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:42 am
DaughterOfOmega 1 tutuu
EllieDelight 4 Long Con, Esooa, MacDougall, Michelle
Esooa 1 DaughterOfOmega
Michelle 2 Grogu, Made
tutuu 1 DkKoba

Tied wagons rn
Michelle wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:10 am
EllieDelight 3 Long Con, Esooa, Michelle
Esooa 1 MacDougall
Long Con 6 staypositivefriend, nutella, EllieDelight, Alison, Made, DaughterOfOmega
Michelle 1 Grogu
tutuu 1 DkKoba
Michelle wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:33 pm
Alison 1 Michelle
EllieDelight 3 JaggedJimmyJay, Esooa, Alison
Esooa 1 MacDougall
Long Con 5 staypositivefriend, nutella, EllieDelight, Made, DaughterOfOmega
MacDougall 1 Long Con
Michelle 1 Grogu
tutuu 1 DkKoba
Michelle wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:43 pm [VOTE: Ellie ] aubergine

EllieDelight 5 JaggedJimmyJay, Michelle, Esooa, Long Con, Alison
Esooa 1 MacDougall
Michelle 1 Grogu
tutuu 1 DkKoba
Michelle wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:21 pm
EllieDelight 6 tutuu, JaggedJimmyJay, Michelle, Esooa, Long Con, Alison
Grogu 1 staypositivefriend
Long Con 5 nutella, EllieDelight, MacDougall, Made, DaughterOfOmega
Michelle 1 Grogu
Michelle wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:38 pm
Esooa 2 Made, DkKoba
Long Con 4 nutella, EllieDelight, MacDougall, DaughterOfOmega
Michelle 1 Grogu
Michelle wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:08 pm [VOTE: Made ] aubergine
Voted for science

EllieDelight 5 staypositivefriend, tutuu, Esooa, Long Con, Alison
Esooa 2 DkKoba, MacDougall
Long Con 3 nutella, EllieDelight, Made
Made 4 Michelle, DaughterOfOmega, NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME, JaggedJimmyJay
Michelle 1 Grogu
Michelle wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:31 am
EllieDelight 4 Alison, Esooa, tutuu, nutella

votes now
Ellie at 4 votes
Michelle wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:16 am I found my last post when i fell asleep
Wagons:

EllieDelight. 5 staypositivefriend, tutuu, Esooa, Long Con, Alison
Esooa. 2. DkKoba, MacDougall
Long Con 3. nutella, EllieDelight, Made
Made. 4. Michelle, DaughterOfOmega, NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME, JaggedJimmyJay
Michelle 1 Grogu

I woke up with the idea that all these were t/t/t, except Esooa's, she is suspect because is not growing as wagon at all.
Grogu voting for me as single vote doesn't look like a wolf tbh

Nutella"s push for Long Con looks like she made it up and shows why i will never trust Nut in this game.
Michelle wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:10 am how eveyone went back to LC?

EllieDelight 2 tutuu, Alison
Esooa 1 DkKoba
Long Con 10 JaggedJimmyJay, nutella, EllieDelightMade, Esooa, staypositivefriend, NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME, Long ConMacDougall, DaughterOfOmega
Made Michelle
Michelle 1  Grogu

I kept the last VC in this form to be easy to work with
these votes look most opprotunistic

Also gun to head rainbow reads Alison?
Alison

Post by Alison »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:55 pm
Made wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:50 pm To bounce off of that, today had three turns:
Mafia finding out there’s a jail keeper and not a sick child when nobody died

Town and mafia finding out I was cop and that Michelle was green checked

Town and mafia finding out about SPF and Tutuu

Anyone’s particular reaction between these notes feel awkward?
I'm trying not to dig my heels to deep into any theory like this while I work on a detached assessment of the game. With a gun to my head though I think Omega's reception of events has been the most awkward. Alison's has been pretty subdued as well.
My emotional reaction is NAI.
Alison

Re: Bread Mafia [Day 1]

Post by Alison »

Made wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:38 pm
Alison wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:31 pm

Explain this?
Michelle wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:21 pm I want to see the progression of votes in day 1, I coloured them in green the flipped villagers, in light green the mechanically confirmed
Btw @DkKoba you said you have some pics after VCs please post them
Michelle wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:24 pm deleting some rows from VCs
and now ordering them chronologically
Michelle wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:54 pmthis is a post where I quoted some VCs, keeping it for refference
Michelle wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:00 am This wagon formation alwaya bakes a wolf

[VOTE: SPF] aubergine

Alison 1 Made
Esooa 1 DkKoba
JaggedJimmyJay 1 tutuu
Long Con 1 Esooa
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME 1 Long Con

Michelle wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:57 am
Alison 1 Made
DaughterOfOmega
EllieDelight 1 Long Con
JaggedJimmyJay 1 tutuu
Long Con 5 EllieDelight, nutella, Alison, staypositivefriend, Esooa
Michelle 1 DkKoba

Oh my,
Michelle wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:58 am When on earth a player like LC has such a huge wagon on day 1 of a game and one who claimed wolf like me and is supected by everyone and their mother has just one vote?
Probably he scum slipped, but i am not sold on that, but keeping all day a single wagon is antitown iykwim

And the game has few mafia monsters, none of them stressed by such thing.
I will try to read and see what happened.

EllieDelight 1 Long Con
JaggedJimmyJay 1 tutuu
Long Con 7 MacDougall, nutella, Made, EllieDelight, Alison, staypositivefriend, Esooa
Michelle 1 DkKoba
Michelle wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:08 am
DaughterOfOmega 1 tutuu
EllieDelight 3 Long Con, Esooa, MacDougall
Esooa 1 DaughterOfOmega
Michelle 2 Grogu, Made
tutuu 1 DkKoba
Michelle wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:42 am
DaughterOfOmega 1 tutuu
EllieDelight 4 Long Con, Esooa, MacDougall, Michelle
Esooa 1 DaughterOfOmega
Michelle 2 Grogu, Made
tutuu 1 DkKoba

Tied wagons rn
Michelle wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:10 am
EllieDelight 3 Long Con, Esooa, Michelle
Esooa 1 MacDougall
Long Con 6 staypositivefriend, nutella, EllieDelight, Alison, Made, DaughterOfOmega
Michelle 1 Grogu
tutuu 1 DkKoba
Michelle wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:33 pm
Alison 1 Michelle
EllieDelight 3 JaggedJimmyJay, Esooa, Alison
Esooa 1 MacDougall
MacDougall 1 Long Con
Michelle 1 Grogu
tutuu 1 DkKoba
Michelle wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:43 pm [VOTE: Ellie ] aubergine

EllieDelight 5 JaggedJimmyJay, Michelle, Esooa, Long Con, Alison
Esooa 1 MacDougall
Michelle 1 Grogu
tutuu 1 DkKoba
Michelle wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:21 pm
Long Con 5 nutella, EllieDelight, MacDougall, Made, DaughterOfOmega
Michelle 1 Grogu
Michelle wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:38 pm
Esooa 2 Made, DkKoba
Long Con 4 nutella, EllieDelight, MacDougall, DaughterOfOmega
Michelle 1 Grogu
Michelle wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:08 pm [VOTE: Made ] aubergine
Voted for science

EllieDelight 5 staypositivefriend, tutuu, Esooa, Long Con, Alison
Esooa 2 DkKoba, MacDougall
Long Con 3 nutella, EllieDelight, Made
Made 4 Michelle, DaughterOfOmega, NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME, JaggedJimmyJay
Michelle 1 Grogu
Michelle wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:31 am
EllieDelight 4 Alison, Esooa, tutuu, nutella

votes now
Ellie at 4 votes
Michelle wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:16 am I found my last post when i fell asleep
Wagons:

EllieDelight. 5 staypositivefriend, tutuu, Esooa, Long Con, Alison
Esooa. 2. DkKoba, MacDougall
Long Con 3. nutella, EllieDelight, Made
Made. 4. Michelle, DaughterOfOmega, NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME, JaggedJimmyJay
Michelle 1 Grogu

I woke up with the idea that all these were t/t/t, except Esooa's, she is suspect because is not growing as wagon at all.
Grogu voting for me as single vote doesn't look like a wolf tbh

Nutella"s push for Long Con looks like she made it up and shows why i will never trust Nut in this game.
Michelle wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:10 am how eveyone went back to LC?

EllieDelight 2 tutuu, Alison
Esooa 1 DkKoba
Long Con 10 JaggedJimmyJay, nutella, EllieDelightMade, Esooa, staypositivefriend, NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME, Long ConMacDougall, DaughterOfOmega
Made Michelle
Michelle 1  Grogu

I kept the last VC in this form to be easy to work with
these votes look most opprotunistic

Also gun to head rainbow reads Alison?
I was vote parked on my scumread the whole day and then switched to Ellie when I got cold feet. The exe was always between LC/Ellie there I don't know what else you expected me to do; I would probably just stay parked on LC forever if I was scum, since I had no reason to prefer an exe between LC/Ellie.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Michelle wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:35 pm
A world where Nutella is mafia also is possible
there are all the possible explanations i believe:

-from the pov of mafia, their kill on nutella n1 got stopped (assuming nutella is town). that doesnt mean that they know nutella was jailkept and is therefore safe to kill n2. they could have suspected the killer was jailkept instead of nutella

-despite nutella being potentially available to kill n2, maf have decided to hit me instead due to PR read / consensus townread / VT read on nutella / nutella kept alive more advantageous than tutuu alive due to day talk

-nutella could be mafia carrying kp on n1

-mafia might still have 2 kp and we will find out tonight

-mafia might still have 2 kp and we will not find out tonight because one of them will get blocked and spf will die

Alison wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:37 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:50 pm Spf should just rand between saving Michelle and made imo. Highest chance to get a save off successfully.
Presumably

Unless we hit exactly the vig today there’s a much higher chance of landing a save randing between Michelle/made than trying to block a mafia carrying KP
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:44 pm
Alison wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:37 pm
Presumably

Unless we hit exactly the vig today there’s a much higher chance of landing a save randing between Michelle/made than trying to block a mafia carrying KP
mafia can always just holster lol

also we dont lose a yeet if they pull off a successful kp. we just no longer need to sleep at mylo. so they are in no rush to pull that kill off and its not the end of the world for them if they dont pull it off

spf trying to protect herself is the optimal play
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

holster the vig shot*
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

we do gain a yeet if there's 0 kills once more

that is never happening with spf not trying to save herself

no gain if we block a kill on made or michelle, literally no gain
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

tutuu wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:43 pm -nutella could be mafia carrying kp on n1
Worth thinking about. Some questions to consider:

1) Does nutella endorse a MacDougall kill?

2) Would it make sense for mafia to target both MacDougall and nutella coming out of Day 1?

I have no immediate answer to #1 and would have to dig. I do think #2 could be answered "yes" without much controversy. Both were consensus town reads and highly active. #2 may not matter now, but if we proceed and don't see an extra kill, that might be something to return to.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

DkKoba
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 412
Preferred Pronouns: They/them

Post by DkKoba »

what the fuck is up yall
main sites: MafiaScum, EpicMafia

Return to “Previous Heists”