43%

Total votes: 14
Hally
alien shapeshifter
Posts in topic: 583
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Re: Bike [Day 3]

Post by Hally »

this game is like space invaders all over again where we were doing well but then the wolves will somehow win in the end

why is like every game here like this. i hate you all with love
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 255
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Marmot wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:58 pm
Long Con wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:54 pm
Marmot wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:52 pm
Long Con wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:49 pm
Marmot wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:43 pm I'm not kidding you LC, you're hardcore tunneling on me, and accusing Hally of tunneling/confirmation biasing.
Maybe? Because I feel like quoting me and just posting " :ponder: " is what a guy does when he wants to make someone seem suspicious, but has no words to say to make it happen.
I hoped you would notice your behavior without me having to say anything. :shrug2:
"My behavior"? You mean you falsely interpreting a post I made so as to put suspicion on me? I did notice that.
What did I falsely interpret?
You said I called a post that called me town a confirmation bias, when I was not specifically addressing that post.
Master Radishes
Hitman
Posts in topic: 129

Post by Master Radishes »

I'm not ready to get into an argument, and am going to dip from the thread again soon.

But this
Long Con wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:16 pm You are really deep into the confirmation bias, Hally. What an ugly thing to wake up to. Suddenly every single interaction I've had with Epi is suspicious, whether I'm accusing him of being bad, or giving him a pass.

Take a look at Assassin's Creed if you want to see how I interact with Epi when we're bad together. I did not bus him, I voted him once when he was almost hammered, in a regrettably awkward way that frankly should have outed me. I don't bus Epignosis. He fucking hates it.
just feels like a post I write (or want to write) when I'm scum and am caught. Not the sentiment - I definitely get frustrated at percieved confbias when town too - but how it's phrased, how he refers to a past game, etc.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 113
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Long Con wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:28 pm
juliets wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:43 am I've read your analysis Hally and it is quite good. I still will look at LC myself, here and hopefully in another game. I will be interested to hear LC's replies to your points.
Assassin's Creed is the one where Epi and I are bad together. Also the one where I self-voted to win the game. :noble: Just one of a couple of brilliant and masterful Long Con-crafted wolf wins from the year 2020.
Ok cool I'll revisit that. Also there were a couple of posts Hally just quoted that made me think you were town when you posted them.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

i should have voted guillo or radishes D1. everyone knows town always loses when we yeet scum D1. why did i have to be correct
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Master Radishes wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:00 pm I'm not ready to get into an argument, and am going to dip from the thread again soon.

But this
Long Con wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:16 pm You are really deep into the confirmation bias, Hally. What an ugly thing to wake up to. Suddenly every single interaction I've had with Epi is suspicious, whether I'm accusing him of being bad, or giving him a pass.

Take a look at Assassin's Creed if you want to see how I interact with Epi when we're bad together. I did not bus him, I voted him once when he was almost hammered, in a regrettably awkward way that frankly should have outed me. I don't bus Epignosis. He fucking hates it.
just feels like a post I write (or want to write) when I'm scum and am caught. Not the sentiment - I definitely get frustrated at percieved confbias when town too - but how it's phrased, how he refers to a past game, etc.
Hally was already bringing up past games just a few posts earlier, but not games where Epi and I were bad together.
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

if i clear both radishes and tutuu we can chop both lc and marmot. but do i want to do that? i don’t know, everyone else figure it out
Master Radishes
Hitman

I remember Assassin's Creed (not very well but sort of). I think I ended up having 3 of 4 scum wagon me to get me chopped in that one.

One of the underlying concerns I have with LC this game is how different he sounds to the LC I know from my own experience. But I'm trying to prevent myself lending serious weight to that because most times I've played with LC he's clearly slanking a bit due to irl and so on, and I don't want to scumread him just for being more engaged than I remember, because that's stupid. But I do feel there's something different about how he's playing. He's more...switched on, more entangled in the minutiae of the game, more willing to get into point-for-point discussions. The v!LC I remember isn't afraid to slank a bit, doesn't really justify his reads very much, shows no care about his own image, etc. I don't see that here.

This is a stupid basis for a scumread and not one I'm willing to stake the game on, but that's where I've been at with LC all game.
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

in future games i’m gonna intentionally vote town D1 so we can actually win in the end

that’s the way
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 350
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Long Con wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:00 pm
Marmot wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:43 pm I'm not kidding you LC, you're hardcore tunneling on me, and accusing Hally of tunneling/confirmation biasing.
Maybe? Because I feel like quoting me and just posting " :ponder: " is what a guy does when he wants to make someone seem suspicious, but has no words to say to make it happen.
I hoped you would notice your behavior without me having to say anything. :shrug2:
"My behavior"? You mean you falsely interpreting a post I made so as to put suspicion on me? I did notice that.
You said I called a post that called me town a confirmation bias, when I was not specifically addressing that post.
Fuck the semantics.

Hally was going through your iso and pulling posts. Many of them they found sus, a few of them they found townie. You quoted one such post from them where they thought you looked townie, and told them they were confirmation biasing.

The definition of confirmation bias: the tendency to interpret new evidence as confirmation of one's existing beliefs or theories.

How is Hally's behavior here confirmation bias? How is your behavior not confirmation bias.

My argument is not that you're calling that post confirmation bias, but rather calling Hally's whole list of quotes they pulled from you confirmation bias, which is false. I used that post as an example that it's not confirmation bias.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Master Radishes
Hitman

Also Hally, my secret tinfoil I mentioned earlier was tutuu, because she really dropped in energy after D1 / after the suspicion on her went away. She felt really content to maintain the status quo, e.g. she'd drop in with a post like 'let's just chop Radishes' and didn't actually try to engage with any ongoing discussions or anything.

But I agree that she feels a bit better again today, and I can't help but feel Made's enormous attention paid to her in his iso is more likely townclearing than not.

I dunno. I'm not as confident on tutuu, but maybe it's just tinfoil.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Hally wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:57 pm
Long Con wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:55 pm
Hally wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:55 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:51 pm
Hally wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:57 am because although radishes is a capable wolf, he’s not a confident one really.
What evidence do you have I'm capable? :huh: You've seen me try to wolf before.

I actually had a decent wolf game recently on MU. We lost, but I got very little attention and a lot of towncred for a good three or four rounds before things fell apart due to mechanics. I'm pretty proud of it tbh considering how bad my scum games have been in 2020. :haha:
i mean, i think you’re clearly not a bad wolf. you’re just different from how you are as town
Have you looked at my successful wolf games this year?
well i just looked at assassin’s creed. i don’t know what i think. i don’t know anything anymore
You should check that one out, and also Ziggy Stardust. I did some amazing things for the wolf win. Then you should go vote again for the Best Mafioso Socky.
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Master Radishes wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:04 pm I remember Assassin's Creed (not very well but sort of). I think I ended up having 3 of 4 scum wagon me to get me chopped in that one.

One of the underlying concerns I have with LC this game is how different he sounds to the LC I know from my own experience. But I'm trying to prevent myself lending serious weight to that because most times I've played with LC he's clearly slanking a bit due to irl and so on, and I don't want to scumread him just for being more engaged than I remember, because that's stupid. But I do feel there's something different about how he's playing. He's more...switched on, more entangled in the minutiae of the game, more willing to get into point-for-point discussions. The v!LC I remember isn't afraid to slank a bit, doesn't really justify his reads very much, shows no care about his own image, etc. I don't see that here.

This is a stupid basis for a scumread and not one I'm willing to stake the game on, but that's where I've been at with LC all game.
i do kind of agree with this. i thought he was town but then when in iso’d him and looked back at past town games in thought he was more in his scum meta for the reasons you say here. but now i don’t really know anymore

maybe he’s 3P? :ponder:
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

i* not in
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Marmot wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:05 pm
Long Con wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:00 pm
Fuck the semantics.

Hally was going through your iso and pulling posts. Many of them they found sus, a few of them they found townie. You quoted one such post from them where they thought you looked townie, and told them they were confirmation biasing.

The definition of confirmation bias: the tendency to interpret new evidence as confirmation of one's existing beliefs or theories.

How is Hally's behavior here confirmation bias? How is your behavior not confirmation bias.

My argument is not that you're calling that post confirmation bias, but rather calling Hally's whole list of quotes they pulled from you confirmation bias, which is false. I used that post as an example that it's not confirmation bias.
She did start finding me again when she got to later posts, I was reacting to the earlier ones I guess. Just use your words next time to start.
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Master Radishes wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:06 pm Also Hally, my secret tinfoil I mentioned earlier was tutuu, because she really dropped in energy after D1 / after the suspicion on her went away. She felt really content to maintain the status quo, e.g. she'd drop in with a post like 'let's just chop Radishes' and didn't actually try to engage with any ongoing discussions or anything.

But I agree that she feels a bit better again today, and I can't help but feel Made's enormous attention paid to her in his iso is more likely townclearing than not.

I dunno. I'm not as confident on tutuu, but maybe it's just tinfoil.
stop agreeing with me so i can feel ok about letting people chop you. this is very rude
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

but i think tutuu is probably just town. like for real. if she’s not then lolme but her made stuff and how he treated her doesn’t look teamed, i agree
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Long Con wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:07 pm
Hally wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:57 pm
Long Con wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:55 pm
Hally wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:55 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:51 pm
Hally wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:57 am because although radishes is a capable wolf, he’s not a confident one really.
What evidence do you have I'm capable? :huh: You've seen me try to wolf before.

I actually had a decent wolf game recently on MU. We lost, but I got very little attention and a lot of towncred for a good three or four rounds before things fell apart due to mechanics. I'm pretty proud of it tbh considering how bad my scum games have been in 2020. :haha:
i mean, i think you’re clearly not a bad wolf. you’re just different from how you are as town
Have you looked at my successful wolf games this year?
well i just looked at assassin’s creed. i don’t know what i think. i don’t know anything anymore
You should check that one out, and also Ziggy Stardust. I did some amazing things for the wolf win. Then you should go vote again for the Best Mafioso Socky.
lol
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Master Radishes wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:04 pm I remember Assassin's Creed (not very well but sort of). I think I ended up having 3 of 4 scum wagon me to get me chopped in that one.

Usually when I'm more talkative I get suspected more, pretty much on a 1:1 ratio. That's why I usually slank, and why I intentionally slank as scum.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Hally wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:10 pm but i think tutuu is probably just town. like for real. if she’s not then lolme but her made stuff and how he treated her doesn’t look teamed, i agree
Is there any other reason? Epi voting Made was long held as the reason he's not scum.
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Long Con wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:12 pm
Hally wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:10 pm but i think tutuu is probably just town. like for real. if she’s not then lolme but her made stuff and how he treated her doesn’t look teamed, i agree
Is there any other reason? Epi voting Made was long held as the reason he's not scum.
well tutuu’s was not just a vote. she actively pushed the elimination onto made. that’s not what epi did
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

epi had a naked vote. tutuu had an entire push telling people to kill made
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Long Con wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:09 pm
She did start finding me again when she got to later posts, I was reacting to the earlier ones I guess. Just use your words next time to start.
My main concern is not that you're accusing Hally of doing the wrong thing, but that you're focusing a lot of attention on getting me chopped when I know perfectly well that I shouldn't be, and that you've found no reason for me to be town when there is plenty of reason for me to be town.

I'm not upset, but I am riled up.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

like, i don’t know who i can clear off made stuff if i can’t clear tutuu
tutuu
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 411

Post by tutuu »

checked my notfs and skimmed thru

i will put more effort in once epi and jules are dead

i watched a video on deep sea anglerfish recently. the amount of food is extremely scarce in the deep wates. so they make no movements, as if they are dead, to conserve every single calorie they can

in addition when mating, in some species the male bites onto the female and they fuse each other. temporarily, and in some species permanently, their organs and nervous system and blood system fuses, and the male constantly provides the female with reproductive cell in exchange for nutrients. a female can have up to two or more males attached at the same tim

in addition, their teeth are transparent so as to not alert their prety
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Marmot wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:14 pm
My main concern is not that you're accusing Hally of doing the wrong thing, but that you're focusing a lot of attention on getting me chopped when I know perfectly well that I shouldn't be, and that you've found no reason for me to be town when there is plenty of reason for me to be town.

I'm riled up too. Last night Hally and tutuu were fighting over who gets to put more floral garlands around my neck, and this morning I wake up to twenty posts from Hally in a row calling every post I have made this game scummy. I'm just starting to respond to it when Smarmot comes in with single-emoji-post sass.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I gotta go eat breakfast and do other things, vote analysis will come later.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Long Con wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:17 pm

I'm riled up too. Last night Hally and tutuu were fighting over who gets to put more floral garlands around my neck, and this morning I wake up to twenty posts from Hally in a row calling every post I have made this game scummy. I'm just starting to respond to it when Smarmot comes in with single-emoji-post sass.
LOL
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

tutuu wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:15 pm checked my notfs and skimmed thru

i watched a video on deep sea anglerfish recently. the amount of food is extremely scarce in the deep wates. so they make no movements, as if they are dead, to conserve every single calorie they can

in addition when mating, in some species the male bites onto the female and they fuse each other. temporarily, and in some species permanently, their organs and nervous system and blood system fuses, and the male constantly provides the female with reproductive cell in exchange for nutrients. a female can have up to two or more males attached at the same tim

*bites tutuu*
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

i don’t really feel there is a good reason to think marmot is scum here. it’s not like he can’t be? but i don’t see it readily. but i didn’t with epi either
Master Radishes
Hitman

Also I really hope it's Long Con because then I can at least hang my hat on something in this god awful game of mine.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

well we gotta admit that every single living player at this point has at least once expressed frustration except jules but she doesnt count for this anyway

so whoever is the mafia, we know that they are faking it / playing it up. at least thats a fact we know
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Master Radishes wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:18 pm Also I really hope it's Long Con because then I can at least hang my hat on something in this god awful game of mine.
:hug:
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Remember when I corrected you that I scumread Epignosis (you thought otherwise), and you decided that I must therefore be his teammate?

Ok, maybe it didn't exactly go like that. But I just don't understand how you came to that conclusion.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

tutuu wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:19 pm well we gotta admit that every single living player at this point has at least once expressed frustration except jules but she doesnt count for this anyway

so whoever is the mafia, we know that they are faking it / playing it up. at least thats a fact we know
And that's the way
we all became
The AtE Bunch!
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Long Con wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:18 pm

*bites tutuu*
Master Radishes
Hitman

tutuu wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:19 pm well we gotta admit that every single living player at this point has at least once expressed frustration except jules but she doesnt count for this anyway

So like, if you asked me whose frustration has felt most fake if I had to choose someone...I'd probably say LC.

With that bit of confbias, I better look elsewhere for a change.
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

angler fish: what if i bit you and our organs fused together? haha just kidding.... unless? 😳
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I just said I wasn't upset, just riled up. :p

I don't think being riled up is inherently bad. It's just a sudden influx of passion that could really use an outlet.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Marmot wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:19 pm

Remember when I corrected you that I scumread Epignosis (you thought otherwise), and you decided that I must therefore be his teammate?

Ok, maybe it didn't exactly go like that. But I just don't understand how you came to that conclusion.
I remember. I just don't see how you can say you don't understand when I said it pretty plainly when I was looking at your posts.

Like... I quoted your posts and said why I thought they were teammate-indicative. You only put pressure on him when it was safe, and never when he was in danger.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

inb4 marmot and juliets have not expressed frustration this game: confirmed wolves

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Hally wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:21 pm

angler fish: what if i bit you and our organs fused together? haha just kidding.... unless? 😳
lol
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

tutuu wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:20 pm
Long Con wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:18 pm

*bites tutuu*
HA ha just kidding you thought it was but my teeth were transparent so not really
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

this made me laugh and therefore it’s illegal for lc to be scum
Master Radishes
Hitman

Nope, one more bit of confbias.

LC felt grumpy not long ago, and suddenly his attitude feels light and jokey.

Feels like a sudden and deliberate shift.

....Okay now I'll stop tunneling. For now.
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Long Con wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:19 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:18 pm Also I really hope it's Long Con because then I can at least hang my hat on something in this god awful game of mine.
:confused:
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Master Radishes wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:23 pm Nope, one more bit of confbias.

LC felt grumpy not long ago, and suddenly his attitude feels light and jokey.

Feels like a sudden and deliberate shift.

....Okay now I'll stop tunneling. For now.
I do feel better now. I was grumpy not long ago. Because I woke up to- FUCK MAN HOW MANY TIMES do I have to say the same thing what is this even
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Marmot wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:22 pm inb4 marmot and juliets have not expressed frustration this game: confirmed wolves
marmot and juliets have not expressed frustration this game: confirmed wolves
Master Radishes
Hitman

I don't want it to be Marmot because that would make, what was it, 6 games in a row as scum? I can't fathom that.

On a serious note, surely w!Marmot would continue to play in a style that's worked, and I think I've seen people say this doesn't look all that similar to previous w!Marmot games? But tbh I just don't want to do the work of casing anyone else if I can get away with not doing it.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Hally wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:24 pm
Long Con wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:19 pm
:confused:
:confused2:

Return to “Previous Heists”