38%

Total votes: 13
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 327
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Re: Grasslands [Game Thread]

Post by nutella »

Alison wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:06 pm There was consensus amongst everyone that SPF was the shot there but there was some concern that nutella would go rogue given her suspicions on nanook yesterday, thankfully that didn't happen!
Nah once spf was sent to grasslands again the night before I was feeling it was her until the end
to the spoiler go the victories:
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 185
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

https://discord.gg/ftGSys

Discord server if you want to see the F3 deliberations and/or vanity search. I think giving dead townies the gun in endgame makes the setup townsided - I think I commented something similar during pregame.
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 29

Post by Dyslexicon »

A few mod notes:

* Thank you all so much for playing! ^^
* It's understandable that some didn't like the potential F5 solution. I'm a bit whatever about it myself, as the one time it came down to it we did manage to get both mafia in the grasslands. Mafia also don't want to out themselves in that scenario. I'm sure it can be fixed, but I was not going to change anything midway, as I've had bad experiences with a mod doing that before. And I also didn't worry about it, cause I knew it wouldn't become a problem in this game lol. However, asking the mod to change the setup in game should be avoided in the future. I think that's pretty angelshoot-y, so I don't hope to see that in the future. Again, issues around setups should be taken privately with the mod. Complain to me, not in the thread.
* It was kind of funny to see how mafia always RNG-ed who they sent to the grasslands as the third option, and town immediately came up with all sorts of reasons for why mafia did it. That is mafia in a nutshell. =p
* Special shoutout to Thunal. This was your first game on Cindy Kate, and your reads and observations were super on point this game! PerC town too stronk.
* Congrats to all of town being able to coordinate and win. Well done! It was fun to watch.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 275
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

I was actively trying to get chopped on Day 2 and you jerks just had to pivot onto LC. :fist:

Good game, town. Well played, spf.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

And thank you Dizzy. This was a really neat setup.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Thunal33
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 313

Post by Thunal33 »

Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:08 pm A few mod notes:

* Thank you all so much for playing! ^^
* It's understandable that some didn't like the potential F5 solution. I'm a bit whatever about it myself, as the one time it came down to it we did manage to get both mafia in the grasslands. Mafia also don't want to out themselves in that scenario. I'm sure it can be fixed, but I was not going to change anything midway, as I've had bad experiences with a mod doing that before. And I also didn't worry about it, cause I knew it wouldn't become a problem in this game lol. However, asking the mod to change the setup in game should be avoided in the future. I think that's pretty angelshoot-y, so I don't hope to see that in the future. Again, issues around setups should be taken privately with the mod. Complain to me, not in the thread.
* It was kind of funny to see how mafia always RNG-ed who they sent to the grasslands as the third option, and town immediately came up with all sorts of reasons for why mafia did it. That is mafia in a nutshell. =p
* Special shoutout to Thunal. This was your first game on Cindy Kate, and your reads and observations were super on point this game! PerC town too stronk.
* Congrats to all of town being able to coordinate and win. Well done! It was fun to watch.
Thank you Dizzy and thank you for hosting! :D This was a great game!
ImageImage
tutuu
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 420

Post by tutuu »

Alison wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:07 pm On Day 5 my POE was Thunal -> SPF -> Nanook, tutuu townclearing herself that day was really good.
Omggg :blush: is this a headpat? I view it as a headpat :blush:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Randomized grassland targets turning into wild tinfoil theories was the highlight for me as well.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman
Posts in topic: 52

Post by novaselinenever »

GG! Thanks for the game Dizzy.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I never thought Thunal would get voted out in a million years. While it was a mistake at the time, I think it (maybe) helped town win the game. I didn’t have access to the deadchat, obviously, so I’m not sure what town was thinking. But I’m pretty sure spf’s plan was to kill her the last night and go into F3 with nutella and whichever of tutuu/nanook was left standing. Voting Thunal out completely threw a wrench in that plan.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Alison

Post by Alison »

You can't NK Thunal if nook gets exed, because nutella and tutuu are both ICs at that point.
Alison

Post by Alison »

The entire dead chat collectively locked tutuu town for the copypasta stuff about having servants feed her or whatever
Alison

Post by Alison »

and a tutuu exe -> nook NK would end up in the same f3
Alison

Post by Alison »

The way we lose the game is probably nook exe -> tutuu NK and we decide to vote out Thunal over SPF
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

idk, this was the loose plan when i died. nanook, tutu, and martin were the mischops on the table. Not thunal.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Alison wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:24 pm The entire dead chat collectively locked tutuu town for the copypasta stuff about having servants feed her or whatever
rofl
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

I told u guys spf was rly good wolf but yall like nooo nooo spf lock town

Well now that weve seen her scum game NO MORE FREE TOWN READS

dont let that distract u from the fact that u should still give TUTUU FREE TOWNREADS because u havent seen her scum game
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 233
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Good game folks, way to finish. :)

The mafia team did excellent work; this was a well-played game by both sides. Everyone be proud of your performance.

Thanks other dead townies for carrying me while I have been away.

This was my last game for some time; I will be on a bit of a hiatus. I appreciate you all and am very happy to see all these new faces, those I recognize from elsewhere and those I don't, making their mark on our site. We're all the richer for it.

Thanks for the game, Dizzy. It was a nice close before pseudo-retirement. :beer:
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:08 pm However, asking the mod to change the setup in game should be avoided in the future. I think that's pretty angelshoot-y, so I don't hope to see that in the future.
i did not mention your name itt nor have i asked you to do anything itt. this is what i had said
tutuu wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:41 pm it would be cool if the rules of this game are changed mid-game for this specific scenario. i think it would be better for everyone for the sake of fun
it was a fleeting thought, a fantasy, it was another way of saying "this thing sucks" (which it does)

i will not say stuff like that in the future in your games

however i do not think that voicing complaints about the setup itt is something angleshoot-y and i will not start thinking it is because you think it is
staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 219

Post by staypositivefriend »

good game, and well played to the town! i had a lot of fun playing this game and im happy that my team was able to make it as far as it did!
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

tutuu wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:32 pm I told u guys spf was rly good wolf but yall like nooo nooo spf lock town

dont let that distract u from the fact that u should still give TUTUU FREE TOWNREADS because u havent seen her scum game
Have a headpat! *pats head*
ImageImage
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Thunal33 wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:54 pm
tutuu wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:32 pm I told u guys spf was rly good wolf but yall like nooo nooo spf lock town

sorry for misreading u, u deserve 100 headpats!!!!

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Hally
alien shapeshifter
Posts in topic: 447
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by Hally »

YES!!!!!

gg everyone! wp scum and awesome job to my fellow villagers! it was an awesome game all around :biggrin:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image ImageImage
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:08 pm.
classic
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:46 pm good game, and well played to the town! i had a lot of fun playing this game and im happy that my team was able to make it as far as it did!
you did amazing! funnily enough i thought it was you mostly because i thought you were playing endgame like how i would have played it as scum :p i realized too that if i could mindmeld with you as scum you could do the same with me. but man, it was hard to get there. playing against you really is like playing against myself. wp :hug:
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Hally wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:18 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:46 pm good game, and well played to the town! i had a lot of fun playing this game and im happy that my team was able to make it as far as it did!
you did amazing! funnily enough i thought it was you mostly because i thought you were playing endgame like how i would have played it as scum :p i realized too that if i could mindmeld with you as scum you could do the same with me. but man, it was hard to get there. playing against you really is like playing against myself. wp :hug:
thank you! :) i laughed a lot when i vanity searched myself in the holding cell and saw you basically describe my scum game to a tee and then say: "it'd be funny if i caught spf with that because it would confirm we're the same person", because it was 100% accurate!
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

tutuu wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:55 pm
Thunal33 wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:54 pm

sorry for misreading u, u deserve 100 headpats!!!!

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
:hug: :hugs:
ImageImage
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

i just read the scum chat and am so impressed with how much thought all three of you put into your interactions and strategy. specifically sloonei setting traps in his iso and trying to get eliminated before lc. i really should expect nothing else from someone who places such value on interaction analysis as town, but it’s really awesome nonetheless. and spf and lc staging those interactions in the grasslands as well was very nice. just extremely well done all around from all three of you
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Hally wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:44 pm i just read the scum chat and am so impressed with how much thought all three of you put into your interactions and strategy. specifically sloonei setting traps in his iso and trying to get eliminated before lc. i really should expect nothing else from someone who places such value on interaction analysis as town, but it’s really awesome nonetheless. and spf and lc staging those interactions in the grasslands as well was very nice. just extremely well done all around from all three of you
All that planning didn’t stand much of a chance against this town. Even if I’d managed to claw my way to an extra day, I was virtually POE’d out of the game from Day 1, and that was a direct result of great town play across the board.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:48 pm
Hally wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:44 pm i just read the scum chat and am so impressed with how much thought all three of you put into your interactions and strategy. specifically sloonei setting traps in his iso and trying to get eliminated before lc. i really should expect nothing else from someone who places such value on interaction analysis as town, but it’s really awesome nonetheless. and spf and lc staging those interactions in the grasslands as well was very nice. just extremely well done all around from all three of you
All that planning didn’t stand much of a chance against this town. Even if I’d managed to claw my way to an extra day, I was virtually POE’d out of the game from Day 1, and that was a direct result of great town play across the board.
i honestly did not think your posting was bad at all. it just wasn’t quite to the level of your town game, but it’s so hard when you’re such a formidable villager to replicate that intensity as mafia particularly when you’re exhausted. you still did very well for your team though :hug:
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

this was such a thrilling game. i felt it was so evenly matched and every member of each team contributed significantly to that. so hype
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 94
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Eh, not really for me. I need to find a style that doesn't resemble my style, apparently.
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Long Con wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:14 pm
Eh, not really for me. I need to find a style that doesn't resemble my style, apparently.
i think you did fine tbh. i don’t think i would have wanted to eliminate you D2 if not for nut’s case. it’s hard to wolf against people who have played with you so much
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

also i think your interactions with sloonei were good and gave me pause on you two being teamed. your interactions with spf were also convincing
staypositivefriend
Hitman

i felt that both of my partners played stellar games, and that the only reason they got chopped is because the town was playing a stellar game as well :P i love that this site has such skilled players
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 131
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Gg

Fwiw SPF I basically never ever would’ve gotten to you before f3, and I’m super impressed at being able to fake the mindmeld stuff you did as mafia. I like to think I would’ve stayed the course and killed you in a normal f3, but it definitely would’ve been agonizing.
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Rackets”