Fallout Mafia (Racket) (Semi-Open?)

Moderator: Community Team

tutuu
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 9

Fallout Mafia (Racket) (Semi-Open?)

Post by tutuu »

Hi!!!!

I never hosted a game in my life, I'd love to try, and would appreciate some help from a co-host if possible, if I get enough ppl interested to sign up in the first place! :workit:

So basically the jist of it is this:

One of the town members is a Ghoul. Once per night, they pick a target to inflict with radiation. At the end of the following day, their target dies unless healed. (So basically Poisoner). The radiation target is publicly revealed.

One of the mafia members is a Feral Ghoul. Once per night, they pick two targets. One of them is inflicted with radiation and will die the following day unless healed, and the other target is fakely irradiated, and they will not die regardless of whether or not they get healed (but they still get revealed as poisoned). Again all targets publicly revealed.

Every other player starts out as Vanilla Town or Mafia Goon with no abilities. I dunno about player numbers yet, could be 15, could be 17, could be 13, hell if I know.

The post cap has to be 69 obviously.

There will be no 3Ps, and no stuff I personally consider bastard (peek-altering stuff like godfathers, millers) and annoying stuff like redirectors and bus drivers

Passively, players earn XP points every day. For now, what I'm thinking of these ways to earn them:

1) Upon a Mafia yeet, every member of the Town that was on that wagon earns a number of XP points.
2) Upon a Town yeet, every member of the Mafia that was on that wagon earns a number of XP points.
3) Every player passively earns a small number of XP points just by being alive and surviving the day
4) Perhaps some other ways, dunno yet
(these will all be publicly revealed)

At the end of each day, after XP points are calculated and given, players get to spin a slot-machine using their earned XP points. The slot machine gives them 3 choices of Perks. The more XP points you spend, the stronger the selection of perks you will be given. (I can hopefully design a ton, like more than a hundred). You can also choose not to spin the slot machine, and save up your points so you can get a stronger Perk later.

The weaker perks that you can get once every night would be something very weak, like 1-shot motion detector, or a 1-shot voyeur that you can use 2 nights later, or a 1-shot neighbourizer to give you a private chat with a player of your choice. The stronger stuff like protective and investigative stuff and radiation healing and killing would take a few nights of saving up; basically I don't want there to be too much power, and I want to keep the essence closer to Mountainous than to a Role Madness game.

The Mafia would have some more tools to play around, maybe rand from a selection of stronger perks, or passively earn more XP, or, dunno, lol. They will also be informed of every single perk that exists in the game at the start, so that they can fake claim as they wish, and so that mechanics dont confuse ppl too much (hopefully) when it comes to solving

Obviously a lot more details to be figured out and stuff, but

Like, before I put more time into designing this and stuff, I guess the biggest thing that I need to know is: would people find this kind of setup fun to play? Would you sign up for something like this?
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 1
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Re: Fallout Mafia (Racket) (Semi-Open?)

Post by Long Con »

In.

I think the concept of perks/items is a great way to give some fun abilities while still keeping it somewhat mountainous, because it divorces the idea of ability, and role/alignment.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Long Con wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:37 pm In.

I think the concept of perks/items is a great way to give some fun abilities while still keeping it somewhat mountainous, because it divorces the idea of ability, and role/alignment.
ily from the bottom of my heart LC
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Happy to co host if you’d like

Coincidentally this is not the first fallout game I’d be involved in either cohosting or codesigning
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:12 pm Happy to co host if you’d like

Coincidentally this is not the first fallout game I’d be involved in either cohosting or codesigning
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: U ARE THE BEST
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

NANOOK HAS BEEN OFFICIALLY ASSIGNED AS MY CO-HOST
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

if anyone has any complains about setup imbalance after this game is over - please direct them to NANOOK THE GREAT (AND FEARSOME) ty ty
PSINightmareEmpower
Stool Pigeon
Preferred Pronouns: She/her

Post by PSINightmareEmpower »

This game looks super cool!

Idk yet if I'd have time to play whenever this goes up, but I know for sure that I would sign up if time wasn't an issue. Seems like a really cool idea!
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

PSINightmareEmpower wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:48 am This game looks super cool!

Idk yet if I'd have time to play whenever this goes up, but I know for sure that I would sign up if time wasn't an issue. Seems like a really cool idea!
No ur cool dude
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Ok im going to seriously design this now and then run it thru Nanook and then ill ping u jay jay [mention]JaggedJimmyJay[/mention] so u can add it to the queue cutie is that alright?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

just auto sign me up tbh
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 2
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

tutuu wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:55 am Ok im going to seriously design this now and then run it thru Nanook and then ill ping u jay jay @JaggedJimmyJay so u can add it to the queue cutie is that alright?
I’ll add you!

Do you think this will be based primarily on the newer Bethesda Fallout games? It’d be fitting since I ran one last year for the 1997 original. :)
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:40 pm
tutuu wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:55 am Ok im going to seriously design this now and then run it thru Nanook and then ill ping u jay jay @JaggedJimmyJay so u can add it to the queue cutie is that alright?
I’ll add you!

Do you think this will be based primarily on the newer Bethesda Fallout games? It’d be fitting since I ran one last year for the 1997 original. :)
yessss, it will be primarily based on fallout 3 and new vegas!!!
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

[mention]JaggedJimmyJay[/mention] im going to postpone the game. i didnt expect the queue to move so fast. pls remove it from the queue, ill hit u up sometime in the future when im done designing it
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 2
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

That's fine. We can bring it right back as soon as you're ready!
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Mafia Game Submission Archive”