38%

Total votes: 13
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 185
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Re: Grasslands [Game Thread]

Post by Alison »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:11 am I’m using a post just to say that nova is hard town, that’s how confident I am in the read
nova has been pretty townie, yeah.
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Thunal33
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 313

Post by Thunal33 »

staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:21 am fwiw id rather nominate nutella/martin/(possibly?) hally to take the shot over nanook. i don't see the point in not nominating the person u tr the most confidently
I agree. Nanook hasn't done a lot (at least as of where I caught up to) so I'd rather see my top TR take the shot. Which might be Nutella or Alison for me.
Alison wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:35 am So we all realvote for the player who we want to kill, and then realvote for ourselves once, except for the person nominated to be saved, right? That way the doc'd person has 0 votes, and the person we voted to die will have the most, so they're the two to be sent to the grasslands?
I'd like this strategy.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:08 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:04 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:59 am I don't trust Alison.
any particular reason why? i actually don't townread her yet either, and the only reason that's concerning to me is that she almost immediately became obvious town to me in radiohead
Her initial reads bug me a bit. "Martin already pocketed me" / "Sloonei is making things up" -- there's a hint of "bravado", for lack of a better term, in the tone of those reads that I don't think fits the situation.
I actually think that confidence is more likely to come from town in general. Usually when I see someone making reads more confidently than everyone else is making reads at the time they're town.
Spoiler: show
ImageImage
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

Carotenoid wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:28 am I don't get the commotion about Sloonei tbh, I believe that he believes in his read. :P
Me neither tbh, I looked at Sloonei's ISO and the only suspicious thing I could find is a coffee tell ish thing about him posting 2 posts in a row about being distracted and tired but that's really tiny. His read on Nutella looks fine to me. I'll wait for his thoughts in the morning to actually try to read him. In champs finals (which is the only time I've seen him play) he definitely tried hard and was logical but he didn't have the same obvious town energy that, say, SPF or JJJ did so it might be hard to read him.
ImageImage
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:54 am i was just iso'ing martin/thurnal, and i was expecting to come out of it with a scum-lean on thurnal and a townread on martin. weirdly enough, i'm kinda feeling like i'm in the exact opposite position. martin left a strong impression on me with his early townread on thurnal, but his logic doesn't read as: "this is a perspective that is DEFINITELY coming from a town mindset" in the same way that it did when it was happening in the moment. i also wasn't particulary moved by any of his other posts

on the contrary, i actually quite like how much of an open book thurnal is. the way that she unflinchingly accept hally's meta on nutella on #156 and the way that she explicitly brings attention to alison's meta to townread them on #130 does not strike me as somebody who is trying to play the game with an agenda

i'm not completely sure i'll feel the same way when i wake up tomorrow, but i'm especially interested in hearing more from martin right now
I really like this reevaluation. I might be a little biased but I don't see scum doing this instead of just keeping with the reads that fit their fake town mindset.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:58 am I did it too. Sorry Thunal. :goofp:
Np lol.
tutuu wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:42 am ok i will admit something - pre game i was fantasizing about finally randing scum, and i rly wanted to cuz i thought i had great chances to win if i did, since i expected / hoped most ppl would townread me like they always do and choose me to be the gun carrier all game, and that would give me excuse as scum to not die. cuz when i finally roll scum my biggest concern would be to explain how i am alive despite being so towny

so i was already constructing some posts to make around mid-game if i was scum about how i offer u guys to not put me as the gun carrier to ease off ur paranoia but i would feel sad if u choose to do so

so now its all getting mixed up. since im actually town, but i thought SO much about what i'd do as scum that the two different agendas are now mixing in my head. im not sure if i were to express sadness now if yall wanan be paranoid of me if that sadness will be genuine or is that habit from my prep talk about what i'd do if im scum.

i dunno whats the point of this post honestly sorry if its a bit fluffy. but. i thought about it so i click submit. a town must always be honest!

i guess my point was that d1 might be rly important for us to select someone we all agree is lock town. the other towniest players are gonna die every night. so like. could u argue day 1 is most important in this game? cuz it ... greatly impacts f3, if it ever comes down to it? yah. maybe. hmm
We might not choose the same lock town D1 as we do later in the game. As long as we keep believing the person is lock town, sure we'll keep sending them, but new evidence might come up that makes us doubt that read.
ImageImage
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

Carotenoid wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:25 am So far I feel like Thunal is really reserved. There's a kind of weirdish balance between very specific reactions and general agreeing/bouncing off that feels a bit like ~blending in.
Thunal33 wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:00 pm
MartinGG99 wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:54 pm I also think I can town-lean Thunal33 so far.

His explanation didn't match what I think a scum would be possibly inclined to say.
What do you think a scum would be inclined to say?
Thunal33 wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:24 pm
MartinGG99 wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:06 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:56 pm
MartinGG99 wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:54 pm I also think I can town-lean Thunal33 so far.

His explanation didn't match what I think a scum would be possibly inclined to say.
can you expand on this a little bit more? how would you expect scum to react to your question, and how did her answer differ?
I think a scum would point to my aforementioned level of experience in FM games with regards to my comfort level in response. As in, that would be the easy argument to make; a new player who's scum may be more uncomfortable than most players.

Instead, Thunal33 starts talking about themselves in comparison, and that's why they think my comfort level can be AI at the moment.

As to whether that's something they can do as part of one's "scumrange", I don't know and time will tell.

For the moment though, I think that process of thought or reasoning was more likely to be from town than scum.
That makes sense, I don't think I would talk about how I'm often nervous at the start as scum if I'm nervous scum.
The second post (it's the answer to post #1) feels really weird. It's like, acknowledging it for the sake of acknowledging it and the way Thunal is agreeing with the townread on her doesn't feel super natural, especially since the initial question was not answered.
Yes I am somewhat nervous for this game but that's because I'm in a new community where I don't know most of the playerlist.
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 94
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

novaselinenever wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:40 am
novaselinenever wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:09 am
Long Con wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:02 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:49 pm If the game reaches a Final Three, they will all be sent to The Grasslands. All dead town players will vote for which one of these players shall carry out the final execution kill.
Nice twist!
lolol
Going back to this, initial scum lean on LC. Not a big fan of using the host as an icebreaker to get into the thread, it also kind of feels off since the same text was present in the sign up thread for over a week now. The comment itself is also pretty bland, he isn't really adding anything to the mech convo.

As for the "lolol", that was basically my reaction to it 'cause I often scum read LC and it's a "why are you always so scummy LC" lol. He's more often than not scum, so no my fault :noble:
I didn't read the rules in the signup thread.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 233
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Nanook seems fine. novaselinenever is a civilian.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Me too.
novaselinenever
Hitman
Posts in topic: 52

Post by novaselinenever »

I'm a civilian indeed thank you thank you. Keep them coming, and give me the gun

novaselinenever
Hitman

Tfw you hate being scumread as town but still feel slighted when you get TR early lol
novaselinenever
Hitman

La dualité de l'être humain Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

novaselinenever wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:07 amand give me the gun
I'm on board.

I think Carotte is my top suspect.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman

I actually haven't rolled scum since the Dogs & Cat game. Nova is always Town
novaselinenever
Hitman

Long Con wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:05 amMe too.
Give me something to chew on.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I'm still waiting for my first mafia roll. It sure will be scary when it finally comes.

If I am right that six solid town reads will do the trick, I would say I am halfway+ there: nova, Thunal, SPF, tutuu.

For lower-level town reads: I lean that way well enough on Hally for now. Nanook is fine. If anyone beefs with one of these names, scream at me at the top of your lungs.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

novaselinenever wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:13 am
Long Con wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:05 amMe too.
Give me something to chew on.
I don't really have anything to say at this point. Gimme a few days maybe.
Carotenoid
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 21
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/herself

Post by Carotenoid »

novaselinenever wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:06 am 100% success rate.

NEVA LOST
Aww sorry for breaking your streak XD
ImageImage
Carotenoid
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 21
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/herself

Post by Carotenoid »

I like Thunal more today.

I'm not sure if everyone understands that the person sent to the grassland only gets to shoot *among* the persons in the grassland? (most voted, least voted, sent by scum)

I think tutuu & nutella are town. I liked Nanook/SPF/nova/LC/JJJ with no particular order.

I have some mixed feelings about Alison. I think that the only thing I really disliked is how she asked Hally why I wasn't on their read list (I thought it was pretty evident that they jsut didn't have a read on me) and then not really followed up when Hally answered that they didn't have a read yet.
ImageImage
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

Carotenoid wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:15 am I like Thunal more today.

I'm not sure if everyone understands that the person sent to the grassland only gets to shoot *among* the persons in the grassland? (most voted, least voted, sent by scum)

I think tutuu & nutella are town. I liked Nanook/SPF/nova/LC/JJJ with no particular order.

I have some mixed feelings about Alison. I think that the only thing I really disliked is how she asked Hally why I wasn't on their read list (I thought it was pretty evident that they jsut didn't have a read on me) and then not really followed up when Hally answered that they didn't have a read yet.
What do you think town!Alison would follow up that read with? I don't follow up on every question that I ask that's been answered in a light game since I don't want to waste a post saying "oh, okay" if that would be my answer.
ImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman

Thunal33 wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:28 am
any particular reason why? i actually don't townread her yet either, and the only reason that's concerning to me is that she almost immediately became obvious town to me in radiohead
Her initial reads bug me a bit. "Martin already pocketed me" / "Sloonei is making things up" -- there's a hint of "bravado", for lack of a better term, in the tone of those reads that I don't think fits the situation.
I actually think that confidence is more likely to come from town in general. Usually when I see someone making reads more confidently than everyone else is making reads at the time they're town.
The people demand an answer to this. [mention]JaggedJimmyJay[/mention]
tutuu
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 420

Post by tutuu »

Wait [mention]JaggedJimmyJay[/mention] uve never been scum?
novaselinenever
Hitman

In our hearts
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

tutuu wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:33 am Wait @JaggedJimmyJay uve never been scum?
When JJJ is scum, he plays so hard that the scum become the new town, and get their own town win.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

novaselinenever wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:33 am
The people demand an answer to this. @JaggedJimmyJay
I don’t really agree or have that experience, and I wouldn’t make that read as some general umbrella trend. Everything is player- and context-specific.

I don’t take issue with Thunal feeling that way either.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

tutuu wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:33 am Wait @JaggedJimmyJay uve never been scum?
It is impossible. Where Jack is unimantichoppable, I am Always Town.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I am not familiar with the prefix "unimanti".
Hally
alien shapeshifter
Posts in topic: 447
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by Hally »

Carotenoid wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:01 am
Hally wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:47 am Hally why did you townread Alison?
because i agree with her reads so far
Hmmn that doesn't really seem to justify how highly you townread her.
#127 you quoted the posts Alison made that you townread.
Townread tutuu and scumread Sloonei: pretty consensus among the players who posted.
The comment on Martin... Exist.

She also gut scumread me, so do(did?) you like... Agree? :ponder:
i thought her take on you dipping out after you said hi was agreeable because i’ve made reads off that in the past. i didn’t actually have that thought about you in this game but when i read alison’s post i liked it

do you object to me town reading alison? i don’t really get the purpose of this post
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:07 am
Hally wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:59 amim not locked in on this, but im not feeling those town!jay vibes yet. you don’t feel right
Not surprised. What became evident in the semifinals and finale is that [at least with a post cap], I quite literally cannot clear myself. I'm not sure if I am subject to different standards than ~most, or if my style just doesn't convey a sense of energy, or what -- but it's something I will have to contend with. I think in "normal" games it's a bit more trivial, as spamming mass-posts makes energy and enthusiasm a lot more apparent. In these contexts I have to restrict myself to handle the cap responsibly, and I end up sounding like a robot. Game 6 was an exception, though that was also everyone's first exposure to my effort level. The paranoia could set in for the next two rounds. I am ready for nutella to lock me as mafia. :goofp:
ok. ill see what you do
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:25 am I ran through Thunal's posts to check out my town-inclined intuition. I like the progressions/language of their reads. I have one question for @Thunal33: any suspects? You've given town credit to Martin, Alison, nutella, and Hally (perhaps among others if I missed them). I appreciate POE work; I just don't know your game. Perhaps you can chirp in too @Hally -- do you associate that kind of POE-centric methodology with Thunal?
yes, thunal generally does focus on making tr’s early on
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:19 am
Hally wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:49 am i think jay is wolfing, and it would not shock me at all if he was w/w with sloonei. this obviously needs more exploration, but my feeling right now is jay is not town
-i definitely have reservations about jagged so far, but this is a pretty bold statement. why do you think he's wolfing?
there were a few things i didn’t like

1) his push on alison for being confident in her reads when she’s always confident in her reads as town felt kinda fake

2) i didn’t like him jumping in to give sloonei a lifeline. i think town!jay would be more likely to wait for sloonei to address the suspicion so as not to poison the well, but here jay went to rescue sloonei immediately even though he doesn’t tr sloonei yet

3) didn’t like that he tr me so confidently early on, but meh

4) didn’t like that he said he had no thoughts on martin and when he went back to read he didn’t really give much of a stance

idk as i write these out now, particularly the last two, i do acknowledge i might be nitpicking somewhat and i probably overstated my confidence in the read in that moment but these small things added up for me as “jay is scum.” but it’s really too early to say that with any confidence
novaselinenever wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:10 am It comes from the mentality of a wolf that wants to emphasize on how she gets Sloonei. It's like she wants to put some distance between her and whatever Sloonei did and was scumread for. She doesn't want to misunderstood and be like lumped in with him.

Feel like a townie wouldn't care to make that distinction I think. Or it'll like never come to their thought at all since they'd be posting more naturally and this is usually the byproduct of carefully formatting posts and reviewing the content you put out there on the thread.
this is a villager
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:11 am
novaselinenever wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:07 amand give me the gun
I'm on board.

I think Carotte is my top suspect.
why carotte?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:16 am I'm still waiting for my first mafia roll. It sure will be scary when it finally comes.

If I am right that six solid town reads will do the trick, I would say I am halfway+ there: nova, Thunal, SPF, tutuu.

For lower-level town reads: I lean that way well enough on Hally for now. Nanook is fine. If anyone beefs with one of these names, scream at me at the top of your lungs.
why have i dropped down for you?
Carotenoid wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:15 am I like Thunal more today.

why is that scummy for alison to do? and what do you like about jay and lc so far?
ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image ImageImage
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:45 am
I don’t really agree or have that experience, and I wouldn’t make that read as some general umbrella trend. Everything is player- and context-specific.

True that a lot of tells are player dependent including that one, but I feel like I have to take a more general/umbrella approach to reading the players I don't know. I think for Alison (who I do know) that confidence seems towny. When she was SK she was more hesitant about her reads and gave only leans at the start. I've never seen her as mafia though, only once as town and once as SK.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:46 am
It is impossible. Where Jack is unimantichoppable, I am Always Town.
ImageImage
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:25 am I ran through Thunal's posts to check out my town-inclined intuition. I like the progressions/language of their reads. I have one question for @Thunal33: any suspects? You've given town credit to Martin, Alison, nutella, and Hally (perhaps among others if I missed them). I appreciate POE work; I just don't know your game. Perhaps you can chirp in too @Hally -- do you associate that kind of POE-centric methodology with Thunal?
Yes, I tend to make townreads first and it's hard for me to find suspects early on. I mainly have Sloonei as "not a townread or townlean" rather than a suspect, same with Carotte.
ImageImage
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

i have the game poe’d down to jay/sloonei/lc/carrote. not even kidding. like i tr everyone else. and rn im looking at that and going “this cannot possibly be right” so maybe one of my tr’s is wrong but this is where i’m at
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

Hally wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:13 pm i have the game poe’d down to jay/sloonei/lc/carrote. not even kidding. like i tr everyone else. and rn im looking at that and going “this cannot possibly be right” so maybe one of my tr’s is wrong but this is where i’m at
I will say that Jay hasn't given me the same obvtown vibes he did in finals. Like, in finals he was my strongest TR and felt like the world's most obvious town. Here he's looking more middle of the road in terms of towniness.
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Hally wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:13 pm i have the game poe’d down to jay/sloonei/lc/carrote. not even kidding. like i tr everyone else. and rn im looking at that and going “this cannot possibly be right” so maybe one of my tr’s is wrong but this is where i’m at
Sounds great.
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

I am a little suspicious of Long Con since he doesn't have much to say but he still has a presence and makes jokes and short responses. Is that normal for him?
ImageImage
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Thunal33 wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:16 pm
I will say that Jay hasn't given me the same obvtown vibes he did in finals. Like, in finals he was my strongest TR and felt like the world's most obvious town. Here he's looking more middle of the road in terms of towniness.
to be fair to him i don’t expect him to bring it for this game like he did in finals. but yea, he’s not a tr and given that i tr all but four people, that makes him >rand scum unless im very off base with my poe
Long Con wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:16 pm
Sounds great.
go on...

what are your reads lc?
Thunal33 wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:18 pm I am a little suspicious of Long Con since he doesn't have much to say but he still has a presence and makes jokes and short responses. Is that normal for him?
it’s pretty normal for him early on yeah. he’s null rn i think
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Hally wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:09 pm why carotte?
Primarily process of elimination with a pinch of I don't think she looks very comfortable.
Hally wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:09 pm why have i dropped down for you?
It's less that you've "dropped" than those four have become more solidified civilian reads. Gun to my head you're town too. If I have one gripe for you it's that I don't know that you've been fair in your assessment of my treatment of Sloonei. I said myself that I wanted to let him speak for himself. You asked me a specific question though, and I did you the courtesy of answering it -- so to say that I have given him an out somehow on that basis is a bit goofy.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

novaselinenever
Hitman

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:45 am

Hmmm ok.
novaselinenever
Hitman

I kind of wanted you to specify why the confidence here made you feel some sorts of ways. The "bravado" you used to put your feelings into words initially was spot on, it's the same vibe I got. Like it being fake, false bravado. More so selling the reads, and selling that vibe rather than embodying it.
novaselinenever
Hitman

And yeah, it had nothing to do with Thunal lolol. She's cool I think?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I don't have any reads yet.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

novaselinenever wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:24 pm I kind of wanted you to specify why the confidence here made you feel some sorts of ways. The "bravado" you used to put your feelings into words initially was spot on, it's the same vibe I got. Like it being fake, false bravado. More so selling the reads, and selling that vibe rather than embodying it.
I felt that Alison's "confidence", which is just the best word I can come up with to describe this vague notion of tone, was stronger than the circumstances underlying her reads could justify. It felt like someone creating a posture in the game for herself more than someone sharing a read they really had.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

novaselinenever
Hitman

Carotte unprompted read on Thunal was my initial ping beside the scare quote meme (which is absolutely real lol). It felt like a wolf presenting a scum read just for the sake of having one I guess. Kind of match the vibe and presence I'm getting so far, she isn't really interacting with the game in a solvey way.
novaselinenever
Hitman

Long Con wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:25 pm I don't have any reads yet.
Understandable, have a nice day.
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:20 pm
Primarily process of elimination with a pinch of I don't think she looks very comfortable.
It's less that you've "dropped" than those four have become more solidified civilian reads. Gun to my head you're town too. If I have one gripe for you it's that I don't know that you've been fair in your assessment of my treatment of Sloonei. I said myself that I wanted to let him speak for himself. You asked me a specific question though, and I did you the courtesy of answering it -- so to say that I have given him an out somehow on that basis is a bit goofy.
Also, how can I find Carotte's posts? I wanted to ISO her but I 'm having a hard time finding her posts in the thread. Is there an easier way to find a post of hers so I can ISO?
ImageImage
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

re: carrotte - i agree

re: the second thing, i don’t think that’s accurate. the first thing you did when you entered the thread was link that post. i acknowledge your subsequent explanation was answering my question, but the initial linking of the post was, imo, clearly attempting to give sloonei an out. and though i appreciate that you wanted to answer my question about it, i don’t think it was necessary to do it in that moment before sloonei addressed it. an answer of “i have my thought about it but ill let sloonei speak first” would have been better and more in line with what i’d expect you to say as town. in champs you were hyper cognizant of trying not to poison the well by talking about sloonei too much early on. here you dove straight in. that’s what pings me. i don’t think its goofy at all but maybe it’s overly harsh and sorry if so
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:26 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:24 pm I kind of wanted you to specify why the confidence here made you feel some sorts of ways. The "bravado" you used to put your feelings into words initially was spot on, it's the same vibe I got. Like it being fake, false bravado. More so selling the reads, and selling that vibe rather than embodying it.
I felt that Alison's "confidence", which is just the best word I can come up with to describe this vague notion of tone, was stronger than the circumstances underlying her reads could justify. It felt like someone creating a posture in the game for herself more than someone sharing a read they really had.
how is this different from town!alison as you know her?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Thunal33 wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:28 pm
Also, how can I find Carotte's posts? I wanted to ISO her but I 'm having a hard time finding her posts in the thread. Is there an easier way to find a post of hers so I can ISO?
Click here

Dizzy has all of these links posted in the thread's first post too. :nicenod:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

novaselinenever
Hitman

The opening post has a list of ISOs.
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

tutuu made iso links but [mention]Dyslexicon[/mention] hasnt put them in the op yet. smh dizzy :p
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Hally wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:29 pm re: the second thing, i don’t think that’s accurate. the first thing you did when you entered the thread was link that post. i acknowledge your subsequent explanation was answering my question, but the initial linking of the post was, imo, clearly attempting to give sloonei an out. and though i appreciate that you wanted to answer my question about it, i don’t think it was necessary to do it in that moment before sloonei addressed it. an answer of “i have my thought about it but ill let sloonei speak first” would have been better and more in line with what i’d expect you to say as town. in champs you were hyper cognizant of trying not to poison the well by talking about sloonei too much early on. here you dove straight in. that’s what pings me. i don’t think its goofy at all but maybe it’s overly harsh and sorry if so
The first thing was literally answering you too, just without a direct quote. The moment I joined the game you asked me about Sloonei. :meany:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

wait nevermind he added them. i retract my smh [mention]Dyslexicon[/mention] :hug:
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Also, regarding poisoning the well, I think you might have that backwards. In the finale I town read his ass on page one. I also defended him when everyone thought he was scumslipping or something about Jack. He was the one careful about reading me.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Return to “Previous Rackets”