60%

Total votes: 10
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 160
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: Avatar The Last Airbender Mafia D4

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

I'm Iroh. No idea if I'm a fruit vendor, I just give tea to people and ~something~ happens.

N1 I gave it to nutella. N2 I gave it to Jack. nutella was too dead to confirm it and I didn't feel the urge to out myself d3 by asking Jack so I dunno if he got it.

Yes I asked to the host if it kills people and he said no.
cayvie
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 197
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by cayvie »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:59 pm I'm Iroh. No idea if I'm a fruit vendor, I just give tea to people and ~something~ happens.

N1 I gave it to nutella. N2 I gave it to Jack. nutella was too dead to confirm it and I didn't feel the urge to out myself d3 by asking Jack so I dunno if he got it.

Yes I asked to the host if it kills people and he said no.
fire nation, i assume?

hm maybe it makes them, like, macho, and that's why jack died to the fire the second time?
chardonnay
The Mark
Posts in topic: 175

Post by chardonnay »

I have questions but I'll keep them to myself for now. Dont want to give mafia that might be up the ladder ideas for fake claims.

If dov doesn't come in and claim by by tomorrow morning im voting him, and moving onto [Fatmo, Carotte]

Also I agree w/ Cayvie's point that LC, and Wigliy, dont have to cliam here if they dont want to.
hi-lo
Carotenoid
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 115
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/herself

Post by Carotenoid »

MJ mentions of Fatmo:
Spoiler: show
Marcher Jovian wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:31 am
PSINightmareEmpower wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:17 pm Ugh. Neither of the alternate viable wagons look good to me, but I know U-G isn't popular enough to go through right now. I have to switch, but I don't know to whom.

Jiwon isn't doing anything for me. I'm all right with it, but not personally sold on it. Clearing out the inactives is important though, so maybe I should?

I can't vote Cass in good conscience. I haven't done enough research on them to confidently place a vote. It's just a sheep read I'd do as mafia so I can't vote them until I've done my research, and I don't have time to do research before EoD.

...Jiwon it is.

[VOTE: JiwonMeganPark] aubergine
Fatmo wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:43 pm Ahh ok.

[VOTE: JIWAN] aubergine
nutella wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:05 pm Welp this is exciting

[VOTE: jiwon] aubergine
Hey i found cass's teammates
Marcher Jovian wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:37 am wait no PSI and nutella flash wagoned so probs not? unless they were like hard banking on letting dov get burnt to pick whichever wagon they wanted to go over
fatmo vote looks sus tho
This all happen before the nutella thunderdome, so I think MJ was still pretty comfortable in the thread and trying to push mischops aggressively.

Previous to the first quote MJ was doing wagon analysis. 2/3 are flipped town and I wouldn't be shocked if Fatmo is as well, especially considering the second quote. This is the kind of thing you add and hope that someone catches on, it really doesn't feel like w/w. In my experience MJ is totally capable of having bursts of quick posting that feel townie so I think they were fairly confident at the moment. I'm like 90% sure Fatmo is town here.

Fatmo town means dov has no teammates (unless it's intense bussing but eh).

For now I think I'm always voting between cayvie and DDL.
ImageImage
chardonnay
The Mark

Post by chardonnay »

Thank you Carotte. So it was before vs Nutella started.

Who is your preference for today, DDL?
hi-lo
Carotenoid
Drug Dealer

Re: Avatar The Last Airbender Mafia

Post by Carotenoid »

Marcher Jovian wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:37 am wait no PSI and nutella flash wagoned so probs not? unless they were like hard banking on letting dov get burnt to pick whichever wagon they wanted to go over
fatmo vote looks sus tho
ok I'm just staring at this post and I don't understand what the baking on letting dov get burnt mean :confused: Like even with the context I'm not sure what this is about lol

--

[mention]chardonnay[/mention] I think I'd prefer DDL, but not by a lot anymore tbh. Also, could you go take a look at MJ's mention of cayvie? I have some thoughts but I don't want to conf bias myself
ImageImage
dov
Posts in topic: 27
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by dov »

chardonnay wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:55 pm Go ahead and claim
I am Bumi, Earth Kingdom, Town
dov

Post by dov »

dov wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:32 am
Sorry, vanilla town btw. It says I have no abilities.
Carotenoid
Drug Dealer

Post by Carotenoid »

Nutella was killed n1 and Jack was burnt n1. It's a bit odd because they were not the most townread players at that time. I was expecting an Alison kill tbh.

Idk what the purpose of nk nutella was. Was the team too afraid or too confident? Does that indicate it's a team that's in the low posting side or in the high posting side?

In my very limited limited experience MJ is a team player as maf. They subbed in rlly close to deadline and decided to go hard and try to gain influence in the thread by posting a lot. They didn't need to do anything really, since their slot had 1 NAI post and it was totly understandable for them to not have time to do anything. But they decided to do it and enter strongly because it must have been beneficial to the team. If the rest of the team is UG, Fatmo and Dov, I don't think that it is good for them to have MJ be agressive like that in their push. If MJ subs in and realize all their team is various degré of AFK I think that their goal is to go deep and endgame, not to power wolf like they tried. Idk if that makes sense but it does make a lot of sense for me lol

I think that the other members of wolf team were comfortable in the thread at that time and that they wanted to powerwolf. Jack was probably a doc dodge. His drop off was kinda scummy so it might also have been credible to make it look like a town poisoner. Regarding nutella NK. Clearly they were afraid of her and were ready to sacrifice MJ. If the team is all low posters, Marcher is probs being a leader in scum chat. I don't thibk they shoot their own foot like that and don't make a plan for their teammates. Like, Fatmo and Dov have done no things that are like trying to get some sort of town cred related to that. Otoh if the other wolves are comfortable with nutella nk they kinda reduce the possibility of clearing other people by not allowing more nutella-MJ interactions spew.

Anyway sorry if it's a bit messy, am tired and phonepsoting. Basically my conclusion frome these thoughts are that dov/fatmo is not a team I believe in for sure. The time-line just doesn't make sense. I guess this is the explanation for why I thought it didn't fêeel right earlier lol
I think I feel good locking Fatmo as town. The MJ push was pre-thunderdorme, when they were still in their trying to powpen wolf.

To me it seems like dov just doesn't have a partner atm.

That leaves DDL and cayvie.
ImageImage
chardonnay
The Mark

Post by chardonnay »

dov wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:36 am
dov wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:32 am
Sorry, vanilla town btw. It says I have no abilities.
thank you.

-/-/-

[mention]Fatmo[/mention] & [mention]Carotenoid[/mention] you guys are up to claim. [mention]cassowary[/mention] If you swing by and see Carot, and Fatmo, have claimed go ahead and do so yourself. I'll claim after Cassowary if thats acceptable.

-/-/-/-

Im off tomorrow so I can be available through the day for a change.
hi-lo
chardonnay
The Mark

Post by chardonnay »

Its shaping up to look like the team is ethier DDL, and Cayvie. Or, Carotte, and DoV.

CarotxDov is a bit left field, but more possible then other DoV teams. Only weird thing is DoV openly saying that he was sheeping Carotte N1. Almost seems like too uncomfortable a thing for mafia to confess doing to another mafia. Espeasly when DoV was already p nervous about how he was perceived.
hi-lo
dov

Post by dov »

i really see no point in claiming in general, literally anyone can lie and say they're town. i'd hope there would be some trust in me simply because this is my first syndicate game and also I have no prior knowledge of avatar, I'm simply going off my pm given to me
Fatmo
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 29

Post by Fatmo »

Oh, we're mass claiming.

I'm June from the Fire Nation. I'm a tracker.

I tracked Long Con N1. He didn't go anywhere.

Tracked Wiggly N2. He didn't go anywhere.

I tracked Cass N3, and I got no result. I'm pretty sure this means they are Water Nation so my track doesn't work there because I'm fire.

First two nights I was going for two people me and the thread in general didn't seem to know what to make of. Cass was because a lot of people had suspected them earlier but that seemed to be kind of dying down from what I gathered. And maybe scum would have sent him to kill if they thought he was starting to be more village read.

So we know Long Con didn't do the kill N1, Wiggly didn't do it N2 (unless I was roleblocked those nights), and that Cass is likely Water Nation.
Image Image
Carotenoid
Drug Dealer

Post by Carotenoid »

Zuko VT fire
ImageImage
chardonnay
The Mark

Post by chardonnay »

THanks guys

[mention]Dragon D. Luffy[/mention] Can you ask the mod if your role notifies players of your visit? Perhaps telling them they received tea?
hi-lo
dov

Post by dov »

voting closes soon, i'm thinking of going no vote simply because nothing really has caught my attention since the claim
chardonnay
The Mark

Post by chardonnay »

dov, if you're town you should vote between DDL, and Cayvie. If for no other reason but for self preservation.
hi-lo
chardonnay
The Mark

Post by chardonnay »

[VOTE: Cayvie] aubergine

I think I find her more suspect then anybody else rn.

Vote could change depending on some things
hi-lo
Carotenoid
Drug Dealer

Post by Carotenoid »

BTW remember that ties are broken by mafia so everyone should vote
ImageImage
cayvie
Corrupt Union Official

Post by cayvie »

[VOTE: dov] aubergine

jfc ok
cayvie
Corrupt Union Official

Post by cayvie »

p sure i'm dying if votes remain as is so i just wanna say look at carot. she & dov were psi's scum reads. also she's basically dov's primary partner. cass/dov is also a possibility but i don't think so.

i also think there might be a mafia doctor around?
cayvie
Corrupt Union Official

Post by cayvie »

mostly i just have no idea what is going on with jack surviving d2 but dying d3
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Ok so I asked the host (dunno why I didn't do that before lol) and he said people don't learn they got tea.
chardonnay
The Mark

Re: Avatar The Last Airbender Mafia

Post by chardonnay »

PSINightmareEmpower wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:19 pm Gut-scumreading Carot right now, but I think it's probably just because of her light-hearted, jokey tone she's taken on for a lot of this game. I'm unfamiliar with this tone of hers because she didn't do it in the Starmen game I played with her (where she was town) but I think I'll give her the benefit of the doubt and say that she's more comfortable on this site. Also not sure what to think about her saying I'm town, because on the one hand I'm a pretty easy push for scum to jump on (and therefore not jumping on would be townie), but on the other hand she could just be buddying me. I will keep an eye out and see if I can place it.
A lot of PSI early game read was around with Carot's tonal dissonance from the town game we had with her in a past game. At the time I agreed with this sentiment.

But on browsing other games here i think its actully p normal for Carot
PSINightmareEmpower wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:35 am
chardonnay wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:15 amYou suspect Charrote, what did you think of her hard push on DDL? is that why you're town reading him here? or alternately why you scum read Carotte rn?
I thought Carotte's points about DDL were a bit odd, as I don't think his interaction with me said anything about his alignment. When I first read her post, I agreed with her wholeheartedly and actually got a little unreasonably mad at him about it (had to step away from the thread to prevent major salt), but rereading it, I can see how she's "twisting his words" a little. I'm not sure if it's intentional manipulation or just looking for a reason to suspect DDL though (which I don't blame her for, I sometimes see things that aren't there in an effort to force a scumread--but it could also be looking for a reason to push DDL). This isn't really why I'm townreading DDL or why I'm scumreading Carotte. In fact, I'm having a little trouble reading the interaction itself and pinning down what it means (someone said it seemed like v/v but I'm not sure I agree with that).

I can read them individually though. DDL still feels town because I haven't seen any reason to think otherwise. I think he's playing a fairly pro-town game and I've liked a lot of his takes. I just simply have no reason to think he's anything other than town, even if there may have been a little personality/playstyle clash going on. Carotte, on the other hand, hasn't (to me) done much to make me believe she's town. The gutread has stuck around since Day 1 and hasn't gotten any weaker, and I think she's still totally in her wolfrange (not that I've seen her wolf game but I've seen her town game so idk where that leaves us). I have this sort of impression (without having done any ISOing of course) that she's been looking for reasons to read people a certain way rather than making reads based off of what she sees. It feels fake, I guess. I don't know how accurate that impression is though since I still haven't had time to reread the thread/her posts, so it's only off of memory. I also agree with Cayvie's assessment that she's very compatible with U-G.

Dunno how well that answered your question but those are my thoughts.
I think these are reasonable points. I do see a world were town!carot pushes some arbitrary points as scummy as town tho.

Otherwise its a gut read, and shes compatible with UG.
PSINightmareEmpower wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:03 pm I just realized that Carotte may be hard-pocketing me and has been doing so for much of the game. It started when everyone else was suspecting me and she was the only one insisting she thought I was town, and has continued all the way up to her soft-defending me while attacking DDL. Very odd... :ponder: I will look into this.
I was town reading PSI hard as well pretty early. I think that this is more of an example of White knighting, which is possible. Pocketing involves more direct contact. But yeah I guess Carot could have been white knighting in the early game.

-/-/-/-

Im concerned I couldn't refute these points. I still think that carot is among the most townie of my PoE pool. Ill look into her and UG in a minute.
hi-lo
dov

Post by dov »

i guess
cayvie
Corrupt Union Official

Post by cayvie »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:39 pm Ok so I asked the host (dunno why I didn't do that before lol) and he said people don't learn they got tea.
guess it depends if you're giving people tea from the white dragon bush or the white jade bush then
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Trying to figure out what role would be burning people.

It's probably moot because nanook is randomizing the setup so hard he may have even given a waterbending a burning ability just to make it hard to figure out. But if it's possible, I think a firebender is more likely to be it.

Dov is an earthbender. Cayvie is fire nation. But cayvie's character is not a bender.

Anyone has a list of all claims made so far?
cayvie
Corrupt Union Official

Post by cayvie »

just to be clear, the case on me is:

wilgy had a gut read
i voted dov d3

is there more?
cayvie
Corrupt Union Official

Post by cayvie »

cayvie wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:49 pm just to be clear, the case on me is:

wilgy had a gut read
i voted dov d3

is there more?
and i would like to remind people of dov & marcher swooping in at the end of d1 to vote jiwon. dov/cass still a possibility.
cayvie
Corrupt Union Official

Post by cayvie »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:49 pm Trying to figure out what role would be burning people.

It's probably moot because nanook is randomizing the setup so hard he may have even given a waterbending a burning ability just to make it hard to figure out. But if it's possible, I think a firebender is more likely to be it.

Dov is an earthbender. Cayvie is fire nation. But cayvie's character is not a bender.

zuko = carot, VT claim
iroh = you, tea claim
ozai?
zhao = jack, VT flip
azula = UG, mafia goon
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I have been tone reading cayvie town all game, but I'm open to some arguments, tbh.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

cayvie wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:52 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:49 pm Trying to figure out what role would be burning people.

zuko = carot, VT claim
iroh = you, tea claim
ozai?
zhao = jack, VT flip
azula = UG, mafia goon
Ok back to scumreading carot. :grin:
chardonnay
The Mark

Post by chardonnay »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:39 pm Ok so I asked the host (dunno why I didn't do that before lol) and he said people don't learn they got tea.
Darn, I was hoping you had a confirmable role.

b/c otherwise claiming to have visited N1's kill target, and N2's burn target is concerning. If you're town you got really unlucky.

-/-/-/-/-

I already mentioned this, but I asked mod at day start if my burn was a error since im water tribe. They told me that if an ablity is normal then the elements can stop actions, if an ablity is factional it cant be stopped by elements. The fact that the burn went through on me despite being water tribe indicates that the burning mechainic is factional. So theoretically there's nothing stopping DDL from having been the one to preform the Kill N1, and then the Burn N2. This is a point that should be looked into tomorrow/tonight to anybody reading this.
hi-lo
chardonnay
The Mark

Post by chardonnay »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:23 am This is a 17 player game with a number of power roles. These roles were assigned alignment-blind.

There is a 66 posts per day and 33 posts per night cap in this game. Please do not break this cap--unintentional breaking of the cap once will be moderately punished, intentionally breaking it will result in a modkill.

There's a nonstandard mechanic in this game--please read this!

Every character has been assigned an element (Air Nomad, Water Tribe, Earth Kingdom, Fire Nation), elements do not correspond to alignment. Your element determines which abilities work on you, and who your abilities will work against. In short, it works like this:

Air abilities work on Water and Fire and Air. They do not work on Earth.
Water abilities work on Air and Earth and Water. They do not work on Fire.
Earth abilities work on Fire and Water and Earth. They do not work on Air.
Fire abilities work on Air and Earth and Fire. They do not work on Water.

Example: A Fire Nation Vig could shoot an Air or Fire or Earth player, but their shot would fail if aimed at a Water player. There may or may not be exceptions to this.
Replace in the example Vig for "burner", and that means that there's no way that they could've burned me last night since in water tribe. Thus that means that Burning is factional.
hi-lo
chardonnay
The Mark

Post by chardonnay »

Actually I think DDL is the correct flip today.

Not just from a mechanical stand point, but b/c a lot of the reasons Im scum reading Cayvie are tied to DDL being scum. Cayvie's D4 play has rubbed me the wrong way, call it gut, idk. But its still putting a cart before the horse as I have more concrete reasons to suspect DDL.

[VOTE: DDL] aubergine
hi-lo
cassowary
Posts in topic: 78
Preferred Pronouns: she or they

Post by cassowary »

I'm Yue, water, role PM says I have no abilities which is obviously silly because I should be able to turn into the moon :p

Starting to feel like DDL might be the better vote over cayvie? I feel like DDLxCarotte might be possible in addition to DDLxCayvie, so DDL is the better vote

pedit: Wow i thought i was going to be cool and original with my vote :(
chardonnay
The Mark

Post by chardonnay »

You'll always be cool and original in my heart Cassowary :P

If we cant get DDL by EoD would you support Cayvie?
hi-lo
cayvie
Corrupt Union Official

Post by cayvie »

chardonnay wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:23 pm You'll always be cool and original in my heart Cassowary :P

i'd rather chop dov but have no fear i will self-pres onto DDL if it comes down to it
chardonnay
The Mark

Post by chardonnay »

Thanks Cayive.
hi-lo
cassowary

Post by cassowary »

chardonnay wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:23 pm You'll always be cool and original in my heart Cassowary :P

Um, I'm not sure? My heart is telling me don't vote cayvie and i'll admit that's a terrible reason, but I am not feeling it rn, that's actually kind of why I voted DDL instead :/
cassowary

Post by cassowary »

but also ties are broken by mafia so I'd really rather this doesn't end up as 3-3-2
cayvie
Corrupt Union Official

Post by cayvie »

i won't be around for the next hour or so, so [VOTE: DDL] aubergine
Fatmo
Stool Pigeon

Post by Fatmo »

I've been townreading Cayvie since D1.

Dov is a big question mark.

I like the way Char keeps evaluating stuff, and that's a decent point about DDL visiting the N1 kill and N2 burn. I'll sheep this for now.

I'll go for Dov if it has to be done to break a tie and if I'm able to be here.

PPE: ahh, Cay just voted there too.
Image Image
chardonnay
The Mark

Post by chardonnay »

Im kinda stressin's ngl. Feel like this flip could really make or break rest of the game.

If DDL does flip town i guess I'd advice town to look more at DoV, and Carotte, tomarrow?

I dislike Cayvie's play coming into today, but I guess if DDL were to flip town then im not sure about her alignment. If DDL is mafia then its probably Cayie!scum.
hi-lo
cassowary

Post by cassowary »

fatmo don't forget you have to vote in the poll as well
chardonnay
The Mark

Post by chardonnay »

Fatmo wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:41 pm I've been townreading Cayvie since D1.

Dov is a big question mark.

I like the way Char keeps evaluating stuff, and that's a decent point about DDL visiting the N1 kill and N2 burn. I'll sheep this for now.

I'll go for Dov if it has to be done to break a tie and if I'm able to be here.

PPE: ahh, Cay just voted there too.
Dont forget to vote in the poll
hi-lo
Fatmo
Stool Pigeon

Post by Fatmo »

Oh yea thanks.
Image Image
Carotenoid
Drug Dealer

Post by Carotenoid »

ImageImage
chardonnay
The Mark

Post by chardonnay »

Im going to have to step away, so this may be my final post.

DDL trying to plant doubt about the risk of a GF in our two clears means that mafia probably dont have a GF this game if DDL is scum. Ethier way i think pursuing LC, and Wigley, as scum is tinfoilly, and I'd appreciate if town dosnt do that. At least not until all other avenues have been explored in a lylo situation.

Cassowary isnt mod cleared as town, but they hit a town tell I've discovered of theirs and im super confidant they are town. Not outting this info b/c its a pretty easy thing for Cass to fake if they were aware of it.

Fatmo is probably town.

Remaining mafia is within (Carot/DoV/Cayvie). Thats where I would point town towards tomorrow.

-/-/-/-/

Good luck guys! :)
hi-lo
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Voting cayvie to save myself I guess.

Return to “Previous Rackets”