8%

Total votes: 39
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 1047
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Re: Radiohead Mafia [DAY 4]

Post by Alison »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:12 pm They get nothing out of it. It's bad play. But they do it all the time.
never seen this tell before but I'll trust you. maybe it's force of habit from not wanting to get caught on town wagons from the past and they just don't think about it
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 372

Post by Dyslexicon »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:13 pm The temptation for mafia to just avoid misyeet wagons is too great. I am not saying that it's good optimal play, I am saying that it happens all the time.
I love misyeet wagons as any alignment tbh :beer:
Alison

Post by Alison »

Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:11 pm Ok, Alison. I guess.

So I'm still tracking Wilgy?
track one of the people in your POE, vote them and track 'em. Dyachei and I will cover the people you haven't voted.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 1518

Post by MacDougall »

staypositivefriend wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:12 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:12 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:09 pm i have a similar concern about oddmerta if herm flips town. oddmerta has claimed that herm is "lock town" town from his POV, because he got notified when herm investigated his album. this is wrong on multiple levels:

1. why does oddmerta consider herm locktown when getting informed of an investigation by herm is non-alignment indicative?

2. if oddmerta does consider herm locktown, why is he not fighting in the slightest to change the votes? why has he lazily let the herm chop happen?
Can we like actually test this Herm claim.

Herm reckons that he's tracked x, y, z albums and townies get notified when that happens.

Alison says that she didn't get notified when he did that.

Oddmerta is the only one who has claimed to have been notified?

He hasn't scanned my album yet so I can't verify it. Does anyone else have songs from the records he's scanned and has not been notified? Can it be this simple?
herm amended his claim earlier today to say that he only notifies ~one~ towny when he investigates the album they are on, which is a big part of the reason i fos him
This is so whack.
staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 467

Post by staypositivefriend »

Alison wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:12 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:09 pm i have a similar concern about oddmerta if herm flips town. oddmerta has claimed that herm is "lock town" town from his POV, because he got notified when herm investigated his album. this is wrong on multiple levels:

1. why does oddmerta consider herm locktown when getting informed of an investigation by herm is non-alignment indicative?

2. if oddmerta does consider herm locktown, why is he not fighting in the slightest to change the votes? why has he lazily let the herm chop happen?
tbf you thought it was AI at first too so 1) isn't necessarily the case

2) is why oddmerta is scum (well, other than the fact that the non-checked POE is shrinking by the day), and why he's in the tracker/cop POE.
i did think it was alignment indicative, but i didn't think it made herm locktown. oddmerta considering it to mean that herm is lock town and then making zero attempts to sway the votes bothers me quite a bit regardless of what herm flips
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

I highly doubt Herm will flip town though. What he explained today looked more made up than most things I've ever seen in a mafia game.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Alison wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:13 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:12 pm They get nothing out of it. It's bad play. But they do it all the time.
never seen this tell before but I'll trust you. maybe it's force of habit from not wanting to get caught on town wagons from the past and they just don't think about it
You've never seen mafia show TMI on town and push against their yeet despite the town being sure about it? Really?
Alison

Post by Alison »

staypositivefriend wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:12 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:12 pm

Can we like actually test this Herm claim.

Herm reckons that he's tracked x, y, z albums and townies get notified when that happens.

Alison says that she didn't get notified when he did that.

Oddmerta is the only one who has claimed to have been notified?

He hasn't scanned my album yet so I can't verify it. Does anyone else have songs from the records he's scanned and has not been notified? Can it be this simple?
herm amended his claim earlier today to say that he only notifies ~one~ towny when he investigates the album they are on, which is a big part of the reason i fos him
this was after I called him out for not notifying me which is obviously not something that can be trusted.

if herm flips town and just misread his role PM in a big way and then coincidentally checked the albums of only people that die at night and also visits the people whose album he checks... then we are extremely unlucky and we aren't supposed to play around that possibility. that requires like multiple bad coincidences to happen and occam's razor says the simplest explanation is that he's just lying.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

It bothers me a hell of a lot more if Herm flips town tbh. It near confirms Oddmerta/Wilgy as the mafia to me if Herm flips town.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Alison wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:14 pm

track one of the people in your POE, vote them and track 'em. Dyachei and I will cover the people you haven't voted.
I don't have a PoE of my own. =p

I heard Odd and Ted.
Bah. Maybe I'll just track Odd, because he seems to be a topic, and then people who has a better grasp on the thread can actually choose.

Does that sound ok?
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:16 pm

I heard Odd and Ted.
Bah. Maybe I'll just track Odd, because he seems to be a topic, and then people who has a better grasp on the thread can actually choose.

Does that sound ok?
i wouldnt directly say who youre going to target tonight - it's best to use a poe of 3/4 names so that the maf/3p will be thrown off
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

How can Oddmerta, a townie, think that voting for one of Alison's clears is ever a reasonable thing to be doing? It makes no sense whatsoever. If Nanook is mafia he is literally only ever mafia with Alison. "Oh he's Godfather" is so wifom that it cannot even factor in. Oddmerta is super likely to just be throwing mafia with this vote.
Alison

Post by Alison »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:15 pm
You've never seen mafia show TMI on town and push against their yeet despite the town being sure about it? Really?
I definitely have but only in situations where there isn't overwhelming consensus, because they want the cred for saying "hey, I was one of the few people who knew that wagon was bad!"

but like when a cop trolls and falsely red checks a town and everyone piles on, I don't see scum abstaining, because they have a very easy excuse for being on the wagon. in this situation herm is basically red checked.

but hey, if you say you've seen this, I trust you.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

staypositivefriend wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:17 pm

I heard Odd and Ted.

Does that sound ok?
i wouldnt directly say who youre going to target tonight - it's best to use a poe of 3/4 names so that the maf/3p will be thrown off
SPF he has no choice he tracks who he votes for
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

staypositivefriend wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:17 pmi wouldnt directly say who youre going to target tonight - it's best to use a poe of 3/4 names so that the maf/3p will be thrown off
I have to say it, because I have to vote the same person that I track. That's my whole role. >_>
staypositivefriend
Hitman

MacDougall wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:17 pm How can Oddmerta, a townie, think that voting for one of Alison's clears is ever a reasonable thing to be doing? It makes no sense whatsoever. If Nanook is mafia he is literally only ever mafia with Alison. "Oh he's Godfather" is so wifom that it cannot even factor in. Oddmerta is super likely to just be throwing mafia with this vote.
the thought has occurred to me that he's mafia with herm and he knows that the game is a sinking ship so he's just f*cking around
Alison

Post by Alison »

staypositivefriend wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:17 pm

I heard Odd and Ted.

Does that sound ok?
dizzy's role requires him to vote someone before he is permitted to track them. specifically he is an X shot tracker, but he can only track people whose he is voting at EoD. So it's public info.
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:18 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:17 pmi wouldnt directly say who youre going to target tonight - it's best to use a poe of 3/4 names so that the maf/3p will be thrown off
I have to say it, because I have to vote the same person that I track. That's my whole role. >_>
oh mb, i mixed up the claims
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Alison wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:17 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:15 pm
I definitely have but only in situations where there isn't overwhelming consensus, because they want the cred for saying "hey, I was one of the few people who knew that wagon was bad!"

but like when a cop trolls and falsely red checks a town and everyone piles on, I don't see scum abstaining, because they have a very easy excuse for being on the wagon. in this situation herm is basically red checked.

but hey, if you say you've seen this, I trust you.
Yes and Oddmerta is likely to end up on Herm for that very reason. Where the vote ends up is not the point. It's where it is right now that's the problem.

Give me one single townie explanation for voting for nanook?
Alison

Post by Alison »

maybe oddmerta saw me townread herm for having a completely nonsensical readslist on day 1 and thought he would be towncleared for having a completely nonsensical vote. that's another reason odd might vote nanook as mafia.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Ok, I'm tracking Oddmerta.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 554
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:12 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:10 pmExplain how? Nothing about Samu's role actually makes a lick of sense to me and i don't understand any of his posts.
I can't explain that. But I know for a fact that Samu visited Tutu.

I don't know if he confirmed or just implied it. I don't know why he wouldn't confirm, I've shared it, so it's not a secret. This is why Tutu thinks Samu could be roleblocker.
He said he visited tutuu and saw two songs, one a mafia song.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

staypositivefriend wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:18 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:17 pm How can Oddmerta, a townie, think that voting for one of Alison's clears is ever a reasonable thing to be doing? It makes no sense whatsoever. If Nanook is mafia he is literally only ever mafia with Alison. "Oh he's Godfather" is so wifom that it cannot even factor in. Oddmerta is super likely to just be throwing mafia with this vote.
the thought has occurred to me that he's mafia with herm and he knows that the game is a sinking ship so he's just f*cking around
Highly likely imo
Alison

Post by Alison »

also since we've established that it's bad play to vote nanook as either alignment I guess odd is just trolling and trolling is more likely to come from mafia who've given up like SPF says.

so yeah I'm down for odd having high scum equity due to this.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Alison wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:19 pm maybe oddmerta saw me townread herm for having a completely nonsensical readslist on day 1 and thought he would be towncleared for having a completely nonsensical vote. that's another reason odd might vote nanook as mafia.
That's not a townie reason, that's a scum reason.
Alison

Post by Alison »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:20 pm
Alison wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:19 pm maybe oddmerta saw me townread herm for having a completely nonsensical readslist on day 1 and thought he would be towncleared for having a completely nonsensical vote. that's another reason odd might vote nanook as mafia.
That's not a townie reason, that's a scum reason.
yes, i was coming around to odd's nanook vote having high scum equity & agreeing with you
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

juliets wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:19 pmHe said he visited tutuu and saw two songs, one a mafia song.
Well, there you go.

Mac - I'm tracker because I knew who Samu visited before he said so. That was my point.
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat
Posts in topic: 337
Preferred Pronouns: They/them

Post by dyachei »

Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:19 pm Ok, I'm tracking Oddmerta.
damn lol
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

I also want to track scum. =p

Herm/Oddmerta sounds good to me. Yeet, yeet, yeet!

Also, there's supposed to be a 3p I guess.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

juliets wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:19 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:12 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:10 pmExplain how? Nothing about Samu's role actually makes a lick of sense to me and i don't understand any of his posts.
I can't explain that. But I know for a fact that Samu visited Tutu.

I don't know if he confirmed or just implied it. I don't know why he wouldn't confirm, I've shared it, so it's not a secret. This is why Tutu thinks Samu could be roleblocker.
He said he visited tutuu and saw two songs, one a mafia song.
Still don't get how this confirms Dyslexicon is a town tracker. All it confirms is that two people visited Tutuu and one is mafia. Dyslexicon claims to have tracked Samu to Tutuu.

Tutuu was roleblocked and we have Samu visiting Tutuu as a confirm? What.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

dyachei wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:21 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:19 pm Ok, I'm tracking Oddmerta.
damn lol
This one is mine. =p

No, but for real. You probably have a better grasp on the game, and can choose more wisely. I also wasn't feeling the Wilgy track myself tbh.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:22 pmStill don't get how this confirms Dyslexicon is a town tracker. All it confirms is that two people visited Tutuu and one is mafia. Dyslexicon claims to have tracked Samu to Tutuu.

It confirms my abilities. I wouldn't know Samu targeted Tutu if I wasn't tracker. You can argue mafia tracker if you really, really, really want to. =p
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Be patient with me, this day has been a clusterfuck of mech.

We have Samu as confirmed visiting Tutuu, and claims that he saw one mafia, one town. Presumably the town song he saw was his own song right?

Dyslexicon confirms Samu visited Tutuu.

Tutuu was roleblocked.

What did Poison Chan do again?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:24 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:22 pmStill don't get how this confirms Dyslexicon is a town tracker. All it confirms is that two people visited Tutuu and one is mafia. Dyslexicon claims to have tracked Samu to Tutuu.

It confirms my abilities. I wouldn't know Samu targeted Tutu if I wasn't tracker. You can argue mafia tracker if you really, really, really want to. =p
There are a lot of reasons you'd know this including being mafia with Samu but whatever Trevor.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

I'm pretty sure I said who Samu visited before he claimed so himself. If not, then I'm gonna smack him. Nobody claim their target before the tracker.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:24 pm Be patient with me, this day has been a clusterfuck of mech.

We have Samu as confirmed visiting Tutuu, and claims that he saw one mafia, one town. Presumably the town song he saw was his own song right?

Tutuu was roleblocked.

She lie detected Wilgy's song claim.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

[mention]Samusamu[/mention] when you target people do you see your own song as well as the other songs?

When you say you saw one town, one mafia song, is the town song your song?

Out the songs please if you can.
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat
Posts in topic: 337
Preferred Pronouns: They/them

Post by dyachei »

Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:25 pm I'm pretty sure I said who Samu visited before he claimed so himself. If not, then I'm gonna smack him. Nobody claim their target before the tracker.
pretty sure this is true
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

juliets wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:26 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:24 pm Be patient with me, this day has been a clusterfuck of mech.

Tutuu was roleblocked.

Since when was PC a lie detector?

What song did Wilgy claim btw?
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:25 pmThere are a lot of reasons you'd know this including being mafia with Samu but whatever Trevor.
That is literally the one reason. Don't go off the rails with crazy theories like this, or I just really wanted to fight Tim for some reason, or just really wanted to fake a role that would require me to actually get the correct information in order to keep it up. Blah. Boo. Respect my slank and love me.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Samu's claim is a bit rocky maybe.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:26 pm

Tutuu was roleblocked.

Joe I copied this from my notes but its a copy of what Poison claimed her role was:

Poison’s role: I have X shot lie detecting ability. And X shot [conditional] role card cop.
N1 - checked Nude [out of X no. Of songs] . The entire role card didn't arrive but said mafia Role cop. [all my conditions were not fulfilled]
N2 - checked codex. The full role card showed up.
N3 - target Dr. Wilgy [lie detector] = said the truth.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Herm, Oddmerta, Tedxtr, Wilgy and Samusamu are almost surely containing the last two mafia.

What are all of their claims and actions?
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:26 pm

Tutuu was roleblocked.

Wilgy: no surprises from OK Computer

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Herm
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 309
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Herm »

Herm wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:23 pm Me and Oddmerta had an interesting interaction today that makes me believe he could be town.

If I don't make it back before I'm yeeted, then that is something to look into at least.
:llama: :llama: :llama: :llama: :llama:
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

juliets wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:29 pmN1 - checked Nude [out of X no. Of songs] . The entire role card didn't arrive but said mafia Role cop. [all my conditions were not fulfilled]
"Don't get any big ideas
They're not gonna happen"

Seems reasonable tbh =p

Also, checking the song that is named "Nude" first. Also very reasonable. We must stan.

Is it a 3p thing though? Dun dun DUUUUN.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Herm has come to lolcat! Where are the cats, Herm? =p
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Wilgy being confirmed an OK Computer song makes him pretty likely to be town
Herm
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 309
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Herm »

Don't forget that two town players would have been notified from Kid A and Amnesiac once I flip.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

[mention]Herm[/mention] is your last partner Samu?

Return to “Previous Jobs”