Total votes: 10
Carotenoid
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 115
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/herself

Re: Avatar The Last Airbender Mafia D4

Post by Carotenoid »

cayvie wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:59 am in my mind the scummiest thing

DDL has done has been to imply that we have 4 chops left at a time when we probably don't
dov has done is that vote on jiwon. also disappearing after the gladiate
fatmo has done is disappear
carot has done is find the bold tags in psi's readlist on the night she died.
LOL what I thought the scummiest thing I did was defend UG or something, how is pointing out the bolded text the scummiest thing I did *confusion*
Spoiler: show
ImageImage
cayvie
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 197
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by cayvie »

Carotenoid wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:50 pm
cayvie wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:59 am in my mind the scummiest thing

DDL has done has been to imply that we have 4 chops left at a time when we probably don't
dov has done is that vote on jiwon. also disappearing after the gladiate
fatmo has done is disappear
carot has done is find the bold tags in psi's readlist on the night she died.
LOL what I thought the scummiest thing I did was defend UG or something, how is pointing out the bolded text the scummiest thing I did *confusion*
the cop died that night
cayvie
Corrupt Union Official

Post by cayvie »

that is, you noticed the cop softing her claims; potentially you (or a partner) noticed that during the night and killed PSI
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 160
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Carotenoid wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:48 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:43 pm
Carotenoid wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:43 am DDL what's your plan now?
Yeet dov unless dov starts playing.

No, seriously, is there any reason on Earth to let him make to lylo?

This is poe time, there are some people I townread and some I don't, time to tackle the ones I don't.
Ok but isn't your PoE just dov and me lol?
No, it isn't actually.

In the post where I used the word "PoE", which you probably did read but are pretending not to have, I made a longer list.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Actually I don't think I used PoE in the same post but I said it a few posts later in the same page.

Point is, I made a big deal about how I had a list and you apparently ignored it.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 53
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

[VOTE: dov] aubergine
chardonnay
The Mark
Posts in topic: 175

Post by chardonnay »

Im about to head to work but i want to ask [mention]cassowary[/mention] if they could reread to game with a pool of (Carot, Fatmo, DDL, Cayvie, DoV) in mind. They usally have a good head for figuring things out in the mid game. I'll get properly chuaght up when i get back

-/-/-/
cayvie wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:56 pm that is, you noticed the cop softing her claims; potentially you (or a partner) noticed that during the night and killed PSI
Im pretty sure PSI would soft guilties with red text, not yellow. Also i feel like if she had two guilty's on deck she would've outtted becuase thats basically game at that point. DoV could be a guilty I guess. I feel like PSI's results were the two bolded reads in her last list though (Wigley, LC)

-/--/-/-

[mention]Dragon D. Luffy[/mention] What's your case on Carotte beyond feeling like she is manipulating things against you?
hi-lo
cayvie
Corrupt Union Official

Post by cayvie »

chardonnay wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:28 pm
cayvie wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:56 pm that is, you noticed the cop softing her claims; potentially you (or a partner) noticed that during the night and killed PSI
Im pretty sure PSI would soft guilties with red text, not yellow. Also i feel like if she had two guilty's on deck she would've outtted becuase thats basically game at that point. DoV could be a guilty I guess. I feel like PSI's results were the two bolded reads in her last list though (Wigley, LC)
yes i agree with you? i'm saying that carot noticed the soft during the night and killed psi
cayvie
Corrupt Union Official

Post by cayvie »

i'm also in favor of a mass claim, if i haven't stated that already
dov
Posts in topic: 27
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by dov »

why did drwilgy vote cayvie? i haven't been really paying attention, sorry. also, yeah I see where you guys are coming from when wanting to vote for me. anyways, I'll save my vote until later today if anything happens, otherwise I'll just go no vote.
cassowary
Posts in topic: 78
Preferred Pronouns: she or they

Post by cassowary »

I could be wrong but I'm really not feeling dov as scum

I mean, what is there on dov even? The silent vote? If he comes from a context of playing faster mafia games where voting is handled more casually then I think it's not too suspicious.

Idk it just feels like dov is being set up as a really easy misflip where mafia can go 'oh, well, he was actually suspicious though! we all make mistakes!'

It's possible dov really is scum but I'd really much rather flip someone else today.
dov

Post by dov »

cassowary wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:26 pm I could be wrong but I'm really not feeling dov as scum

I mean, what is there on dov even? The silent vote? If he comes from a context of playing faster mafia games where voting is handled more casually then I think it's not too suspicious.
in response to this, I would like to note that my only prior experience with mafia formally is really town of salem, so you are correct about that. i do think people are just trying to flip me as scum because it's the easiest to vulture after right now and there isn't much justification simply besides the fact I haven't been active, which is partly in fact that I literally just forget about the forum all in all.
cayvie
Corrupt Union Official

Post by cayvie »

dov wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:45 pm
cassowary wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:26 pm I could be wrong but I'm really not feeling dov as scum

in response to this, I would like to note that my only prior experience with mafia formally is really town of salem, so you are correct about that. i do think people are just trying to flip me as scum because it's the easiest to vulture after right now and there isn't much justification simply besides the fact I haven't been active, which is partly in fact that I literally just forget about the forum all in all.
hey, while you're here, are you up for a mass claim today? we all claim our roles (probably in a predetermined order) and hopefully that helps us hammer out the last mafia or two.

my thoughts for: there's still some sketchy business (the burning/death in particular, ddl's tea), and i think claims here will help town more than mafia. in addition, we've already lost a doc and a cop. im not sure what relevant roles we'd be protecting at this point.
cayvie
Corrupt Union Official

Post by cayvie »

Idk it just feels like dov is being set up as a really easy misflip where mafia can go 'oh, well, he was actually suspicious though! we all make mistakes!'

It's possible dov really is scum but I'd really much rather flip someone else today.
what's changed for you since this post?
cassowary wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:42 pm My PoE I think is {Wilgy, Dov, Carotte, LC}. But I'm not really sure about the fourth person, there. Cayvie you give Fatmo a (medium, medium) associative -- is that just because Fatmo didn't interact with UG or MJ, or is there something else you're looking at to base that on?
cayvie
Corrupt Union Official

Post by cayvie »

Dragon D. Luffy 137
cayvie 119
Carotenoid 94
chardonnay 94

nutella 86
Alison 85
Jackofhearts2005 72
PSINightmareEmpower 51
Long Con 46
Marcher Jovian 41
cassowary 36
DrWilgy 21

DJ Neutron Star 19
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME 19
Fatmo 15
dov 11

Ultimate-Gamer 10
JiwonMeganPark 6
Epignosis 1
KitsuShel 1

i'll be a little peeved if the scumteam is like within (cass/dov/fatmo) and they get 2 highposters chopped
cassowary
Posts in topic: 78
Preferred Pronouns: she or they

Post by cassowary »

cayvie wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:58 pm

what's changed for you since this post?
cassowary wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:42 pm My PoE I think is {Wilgy, Dov, Carotte, LC}. But I'm not really sure about the fourth person, there. Cayvie you give Fatmo a (medium, medium) associative -- is that just because Fatmo didn't interact with UG or MJ, or is there something else you're looking at to base that on?
(a) Wilgy and LC are green-checked and (b) I'm more open to the idea of you and DDL as scum :p

I haven't really been that suspicious of Dov ever though. I haven't voted him at all iirc and I mentioned these thoughts on him a while ago and nothing's really changed there. He was mostly there before because I haven't had much of a read on him all game and I trusted other people more.

But as is I really don't see myself voting outside {Carotte, Cayvie, DDL, Fatmo} today.

Chard/Carotte, if you guys are proposing Cayvie/DDL as the last two scum, what's up w/ this tea thing do you think? :/

pedit: if you're worried i might be scum you could make an actual case against me instead of shading me on activity level
Carotenoid
Drug Dealer

Re: Avatar The Last Airbender Mafia D3

Post by Carotenoid »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:23 pm
Carotenoid wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:48 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:43 pm
Carotenoid wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:43 am DDL what's your plan now?
Yeet dov unless dov starts playing.

No, seriously, is there any reason on Earth to let him make to lylo?

This is poe time, there are some people I townread and some I don't, time to tackle the ones I don't.
Ok but isn't your PoE just dov and me lol?
No, it isn't actually.

In the post where I used the word "PoE", which you probably did read but are pretending not to have, I made a longer list.
I was referring this post -->
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:38 am Ok so my PoE is

Dov
Wilgy
Cass
Carotte

Not necessarily in this order and subject to change at whim.
Meanwhile you townread Wilgy and Cass
ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Yes I townread Wilgy after he was outed with a cop check. I don't see where the contradiction os.

And my read on cass changed a few hours ago.
Carotenoid
Drug Dealer

Post by Carotenoid »

Yes so therefore from that list there was also dov and me in your PoE, thus my initial confusion
ImageImage
Carotenoid
Drug Dealer

Post by Carotenoid »

Carotenoid wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:09 pm Yes so therefore from that list there was also dov and me in your PoE, thus my initial confusion
*only dov and me not also
ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

chardonnay wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:28 pm Im about to head to work but i want to ask @cassowary if they could reread to game with a pool of (Carot, Fatmo, DDL, Cayvie, DoV) in mind. They usally have a good head for figuring things out in the mid game. I'll get properly chuaght up when i get back

-/-/-/

-/--/-/-

Dragon D. Luffy What's your case on Carotte beyond feeling like she is manipulating things against you?
Besides that it's mostly tonereading/gut. But the manipulating is a pretty big dealbreaker to me. Though I'm aware being on the receiving end of it basically destroys most of the objectivity of the read. I'm also aware some of it could be a personal tendency of town carote to come up with reasons to yeet the person she wants to even if they don't make sense, just to convince others. It's still not intellectually honest, though. It bothers me that a townie reads a post of mine, nitpicks the part that makes me look bad, then nitpicks a possible interpretation that makes me look bad, quotes it and asks a leading question. She has been doing all of that stuff, over and over.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Carotenoid wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:09 pm Yes so therefore from that list there was also dov and me in your PoE, thus my initial confusion
There was some point where I called possible scum and was more sure of dov and you than others.

I still am.

But I'm not going to exclude others. I'm never 100% sure. I've gotten better cases than these ones wrong, many times before. My mind is always subject to be changed.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I don't feel cayvie as scum. Like, at all.
Carotenoid
Drug Dealer

Post by Carotenoid »

Ok so what's your PoE/vote order right now?
ImageImage
Carotenoid
Drug Dealer

Post by Carotenoid »

cassowary wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:12 pm Chard/Carotte, if you guys are proposing Cayvie/DDL as the last two scum, what's up w/ this tea thing do you think? :/
No idea, I don't really care for it tbh
ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

dov > you > fatmo > cass > cayvie > chard> wilgy > LC. Subject to change the next time I make a post.

Hmm looks like cass is still in 4x poe for lack of other people to put in it.

Though if those burns keep happening we should probably make smaller poes anyway.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Wait people think I'm scum with cayvie because of the tea claim?

That's... weird.
Carotenoid
Drug Dealer

Post by Carotenoid »

Why do you put cassowary before cayvie?
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 53
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:49 pm Wait people think I'm scum with cayvie because of the tea claim?

That's... weird.
in my mind, you guys are not on the same team.
dov

Post by dov »

i'd be fine with a mass claim, how do we go about with the ordering? I'm fine with going first, I'm just concerned with whoever gets last because they'd probably be caught up by the mafia who claims town earlier on
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

What exactly does the massclaim intend to accomplush again?

The only practical effect I see here is making it easier for mafia to target us.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Carotenoid wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:50 pm Why do you put cassowary before cayvie?
This morning, I asked you to provide an explanation on why you read cass. You linked me to some posts. I replied saying I agreed with it. You should have gotten a notification when I did.
Carotenoid
Drug Dealer

Post by Carotenoid »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:22 pm
Carotenoid wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:50 pm Why do you put cassowary before cayvie?
This morning, I asked you to provide an explanation on why you read cass. You linked me to some posts. I replied saying I agreed with it. You should have gotten a notification when I did.
Yes I saw that but why are you putting yeet cassowary before yeet cayvie?
ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Carotenoid wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:24 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:22 pm
Yes I saw that but why are you putting yeet cassowary before yeet cayvie?
Feel like it.

Not every read needs to have an eassy to explain it.

Especially not a position in a damn list, which is something I rarely do anyway.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

You know I'm starting to think you are town again because I think a scum would have gotten weary of all this thunderdoming eventually and would move on to another target. Maybe a less risky one. Cuz at this rate it looks like one of us is going to get yeeted. We are basically locked into each other until one goes down.
Carotenoid
Drug Dealer

Post by Carotenoid »

lmao I was gonna say I have a lot of difficulty imagining a world where you're town :p
ImageImage
Carotenoid
Drug Dealer

Post by Carotenoid »

:ponder: :ponder: :ponder:

I was resisting the urge to do pre-flip associations but now it's kinda tingling me.

I'm considering chardonnay, Long Con, Wilgy and Cassowary as town. That leaves a pool of: DDL - cayvie - dov - Fatmo

v!DDL world means one of the following combination:

cayvie-dov
cayvie-fatmo
dov-fatmo

dov-fatmo feels wrong and sounds wrong. Like, I don't have a *precise* reason that comes to my mind immediately but it just doesn't really feel like the sense of the thread, if that makes sense.

cayvie-dov means cayvie decided to play the full bus when Marcher was under the spotlight. There's like, no coming back from the way she pushed dov. I can see so many easier roads than the full bus in this world, I think it's unlikely.

cayvie-fatmo might be a thing but also eh.

So yeah, v!DDL world seems really unlikely to me.

hmmmn I vaguely remember nutella saying something about Marcher having a 'desperate' push on Fatmo. I'll take a closer look because if the team is really all the low-posters I don't think MJ's strategy is to bus.

--

Just to know, is it common to have uuuuh roles like "lost child/lost wolf/passenger wolf" here? Like a mafia alignment that don't know the other and vice-versa?
ImageImage
chardonnay
The Mark

Post by chardonnay »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:10 pm Besides that it's mostly tonereading/gut. But the manipulating is a pretty big dealbreaker to me. Though I'm aware being on the receiving end of it basically destroys most of the objectivity of the read. I'm also aware some of it could be a personal tendency of town carote to come up with reasons to yeet the person she wants to even if they don't make sense, just to convince others. It's still not intellectually honest, though. It bothers me that a townie reads a post of mine, nitpicks the part that makes me look bad, then nitpicks a possible interpretation that makes me look bad, quotes it and asks a leading question. She has been doing all of that stuff, over and over.
How likely is it just a personal tendency on Carot's part and she's town here?

-/-/-/
Long Con wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:04 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:49 pm Wait people think I'm scum with cayvie because of the tea claim?

That's... weird.
in my mind, you guys are not on the same team.
I just finished a game recently where a scum messenger role visited scum buddies for the sake of "clearing" then if scum messenger were to flip.

-/-/-/-
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:13 pm I don't feel cayvie as scum. Like, at all.
What stops cavie from being scum?
hi-lo
chardonnay
The Mark

Post by chardonnay »

I think optimal time would be tomorrow to do a mass claim. Use today to organize it. Scummiest players cliam first and town works its way to the top. No jumping in line to counter cliam, instead wait your turn. Also if possible go through the roster as fast as possible once the claiming starts. Claim any night actions done so far if any.

I submit this list:
[Long Con, Wigley]
[Cassowary]
[Carotte, Fatmo]
[DDL, Cayvie, DoV]

Top claims last, bottom claims first. It doesn’t matter as much who claims first in their respective bracket as I see all within it to be an equal read. Im aware that some of these players will be dead tomorrow, but im listing all of them to prevent holes if I incorrectly assume who won’t be here. Even if you guys don’t stick to order I think that as long town mass claims before Lylo it has some utility. This is just what I believe is optimal play. Also ya’ll can change that order as needed, just make sure its down in stone before tomarrow.
hi-lo
chardonnay
The Mark

Re: Avatar The Last Airbender Mafia D3

Post by chardonnay »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:35 pm Anyway dov is not playing the game and I don't think he deserves to live till endgame unless he plays the game.

Someone convince me I'm wrong.

[VOTE: dov] aubergine
DDL vote on dov doesn’t look like bussing. Mafia don’t justfy voting a buddy as if they were a misflip.

-/-/-/-

Cayvie gives off similar vibes with that post count check. The whole, "wouldn't it be horrible if low posting mafia won" is emotional manipulation. She she makes less sense with DoV/Fatmo
hi-lo
chardonnay
The Mark

Post by chardonnay »

cassowary wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:12 pm
But as is I really don't see myself voting outside {Carotte, Cayvie, DDL, Fatmo} today.

Chard/Carotte, if you guys are proposing Cayvie/DDL as the last two scum, what's up w/ this tea thing do you think? :/

pedit: if you're worried i might be scum you could make an actual case against me instead of shading me on activity level
I don’t think it’s a large leap in judgment to think that a creative player like Cayvie would spit ball ideas to falsely clear each other using the roles they have at their disposal. Think of it like PKFP from the game we were scum buddies in. She used her messenger role to target other scum buddies for that purpose.
hi-lo
chardonnay
The Mark

Post by chardonnay »

Oh, and Cassowary, Can you talk to me more about Carot?

I think she's town but i'd like to hear more thoughts on her, for safety sake.
hi-lo
chardonnay
The Mark

Post by chardonnay »

cayvie wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:30 pm
chardonnay wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:28 pm
yes i agree with you? i'm saying that carot noticed the soft during the night and killed psi
I see what you are saying now.

Does Carot point out the clears at day start tho as mafia? It would make more sense to let town find it imo.

Also thanks for supporting masscliam before it was popular in thread.
hi-lo
cayvie
Corrupt Union Official

Post by cayvie »

chardonnay wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:24 pm I think optimal time would be tomorrow to do a mass claim. Use today to organize it. Scummiest players cliam first and town works its way to the top. No jumping in line to counter cliam, instead wait your turn. Also if possible go through the roster as fast as possible once the claiming starts. Claim any night actions done so far if any.

I submit this list:
[Long Con, Wigley]
[Cassowary]
[Carotte, Fatmo]
[DDL, Cayvie, DoV]

Top claims last, bottom claims first. It doesn’t matter as much who claims first in their respective bracket as I see all within it to be an equal read. Im aware that some of these players will be dead tomorrow, but im listing all of them to prevent holes if I incorrectly assume who won’t be here. Even if you guys don’t stick to order I think that as long town mass claims before Lylo it has some utility. This is just what I believe is optimal play. Also ya’ll can change that order as needed, just make sure its down in stone before tomarrow.
i'm fine with this order

i'm even fine with long con and wilgy not claiming if they don't want to tbh
cayvie
Corrupt Union Official

Post by cayvie »

wait, where are you on this list chardonnay?
cayvie
Corrupt Union Official

Post by cayvie »

chardonnay wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:36 pm

Does Carot point out the clears at day start tho as mafia? It would make more sense to let town find it imo.
eh that's wifom

the only thing i know is that carot noticed the bold in PSINE's list today. doesn't prove she saw it last night, but makes it more likely. which is more than i know on the matter about anyone else. also psine was hard suspecting Carotte.
chardonnay
The Mark

Post by chardonnay »

Carotenoid wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:50 pm cayvie-dov means cayvie decided to play the full bus when Marcher was under the spotlight. There's like, no coming back from the way she pushed dov. I can see so many easier roads than the full bus in this world, I think it's unlikely.

hmmmn I vaguely remember nutella saying something about Marcher having a 'desperate' push on Fatmo. I'll take a closer look because if the team is really all the low-posters I don't think MJ's strategy is to bus.
If it happened after Nutella came in screaming Marcher!Scum then the likelihood that marcher's push on Fatmo was distancing increases. I think there was a point that Mafia team started seeing his flip as inevitable, and that point was after nutella said something like "No way we share such radically differnt veiws and both be town" Ill have to find it.

I will say that Fatmo bussing marcher is p weird tho. Fatmo wasnt geared up to carry imo, so bussing would be dumb.

-/-/-/-

Pre-edit

B/c I'll be dead tonight Cayvie. Unless mass claim could be rallied before that time. RN i mostly concerned with getting a plan togather.
hi-lo
chardonnay
The Mark

Post by chardonnay »

cayvie wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:47 pm
chardonnay wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:36 pm

eh that's wifom

the only thing i know is that carot noticed the bold in PSINE's list today. doesn't prove she saw it last night, but makes it more likely. which is more than i know on the matter about anyone else. also psine was hard suspecting Carotte.
Ill revisit stuff PSI said about Carot when i get a chance in a bit. I honestly dont recall PSI's case on carot. I kno Carot was null, and only DoV sat below her
hi-lo
cayvie
Corrupt Union Official

Post by cayvie »

chardonnay wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:47 pm Pre-edit

B/c I'll be dead tonight Cayvie. Unless mass claim could be rallied before that time. RN i mostly concerned with getting a plan togather.
i mean we don't know that tbh. but i guess if you survive the day you can claim at night.

i'm Ty Lee, Fire Nation. Vanilla town.
chardonnay
The Mark

Post by chardonnay »

THanks Cavyie

[mention]dov[/mention] & [mention]Dragon D. Luffy[/mention]

Go ahead and claim
hi-lo

Return to “Previous Rackets”