8%

Total votes: 39
Samusamu
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 287

Re: Radiohead Mafia [DAY 4]

Post by Samusamu »

Smh, why oddmerta is in nanook?

[mention]Oddmerta[/mention] can you vote wilgy?
tutuu
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 964

Post by tutuu »

Samusamu wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:11 pm
tutuu wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:03 pm What exactly do u mean by a camoflague?

And pls never stop calling me nee-san
A camouflage is like an alibibi but for roles if i investigate roles and investigate player A who is mafia but player A has a camouflage that say when this player is investigated i will recieve that player A is town or something different from the truth, then there is a camouflage in player A.

In my site some roles can go beyond camouflages, others not.
I see. So godfathers

You hinting that you think u have mech info that there is a godfather in this game kind of kills my passion and if it turns out to be true im not signing up for any more closed setups on syndicate tbh
Samusamu
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Samusamu »

tutuu wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:22 pm

A camouflage is like an alibibi but for roles if i investigate roles and investigate player A who is mafia but player A has a camouflage that say when this player is investigated i will recieve that player A is town or something different from the truth, then there is a camouflage in player A.

I see. So godfathers

You hinting that you think u have mech info that there is a godfather in this game kind of kills my passion and if it turns out to be true im not signing up for any more closed setups on syndicate tbh
Only godfathers have camouflage in this site?
tutuu
Posts in topic: 964

Post by tutuu »

Well apparently not cuz sprityo's role is pseudo-camoflague

Dunno im new here just like u
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat
Posts in topic: 337
Preferred Pronouns: They/them

Post by dyachei »

i feel really useless today. my mind is all clouded from medication.

my poe looks something like: wilgy, herm, samu, odd

i know ppl keep clearing odd but im really not liking that hes trying to reopen the poe repeatedly
Samusamu
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Samusamu »

tutuu wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:27 pm Well apparently not cuz sprityo's role is pseudo-camoflague

Dunno im new here just like u
Then all is said 🌚🌚.

Btw i'm used to play with camouflages in my site i just have to know that some scums will fall by mechanics and others by readings.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 554
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Samusamu wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:25 pm

I see. So godfathers

Samu are you thinking that the rogue has camouflage in this game instead of a member of the mafia? I wouldn't say that's impossible on this site.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Samusamu
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Samusamu »

juliets wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:32 pm

I see. So godfathers

Samu are you thinking that the rogue has camouflage in this game instead of a member of the mafia? I wouldn't say that's impossible on this site.
I dont know that, but is possible since the moment you have to survive a game with almost 4, 5 or even 5 days to win.

But i'm not pointing that this moment, i'm talking about other
Samusamu
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Samusamu »

Samusamu wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:38 pm
juliets wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:32 pm

I see. So godfathers

I dont know that, but is possible since the moment you have to survive a game with almost 4, 5 or even 5 days to win.

But i'm not pointing that this moment, i'm talking about other
Even 6*
Herm
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 309
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Herm »

tutuu wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:00 pm
Herm wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:24 pm Image
omg ur so adorable. i wanna let u win just cuz of that
We'll call it a draw.
TonyStarkPrime
Posts in topic: 151
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

I didn’t visit MR. Has Herm claimed 3P or something or is life going as normal
Samusamu
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Samusamu »

Could you guys vote wilgy instead of herm?

I have to go to sleep :(

Offtopic: I just put one of my favourites avatars.

Gives me +10 in charisma and +15 in madness
Samusamu
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Samusamu »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:55 pm I didn’t visit MR. Has Herm claimed 3P or something or is life going as normal
Herm 3p makes odd mafia directly, do you think odd is mafia?
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:55 pm I didn’t visit MR. Has Herm claimed 3P or something or is life going as normal
Did I make a mistake on the actions or are you saying you didn't visit MR for other reasons? Also, no Herm has not claimed 3P. Life is going on as normal, though Samu is asking us to vote Wilgy (maybe you already are) so I'm going to think about that. I can't quite understand what Samu knows, I guess because he's not allowed to tell us.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 467
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by staypositivefriend »

reasons why im voting herm:

-he got tracked to a night kill, and i believe that the report is real. there is a small possibility that the reason he got tracked to the nightkill is because he visited that player when he "informed" them, but it's a pretty sketchy explanation

-he changed crucial information about his claim after several real life days and 50+ pages, by going from saying multiple times that he would notify everyone on the album he checked to saying that he would only notify one person on the album he checked

-he has scum equity with all of the flipped wolves

i have seen the sentiment of: "yeet herm and blame SPF if it's wrong", and while this is selfish of me, i don't want to take accountability if herm is town. i am not confident that he is mafia - but im voting him because there are more factors that point to him being mafia than not

and realistically, im going to end up voting wilgy tomorrow regardless of herm's flip
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 1047

Post by Alison »

tutuu wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:07 pm WAIT

WAIT

WAIT

WAIT

WAIT

I AM THE MAFIA PRODIGY OF THE NEW MILLENIA

poison chan said her role implies there exists redirectors

so what if dyachei was redirected to TSP, and they saw TSP visit MR?

but tsp's info is so dubious on whetehr or not he doctored MR. and herm so scummy too. weh whatever maybe im not that smart maybe im pretty dumb
TSP said he holstered. nobody has claimed to visit MR.
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Alison

Post by Alison »

tutuu wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:08 pm oh yea 1 last thing to say i saved it in a .txt file cuz i was busy responding to samu

the purpose of forbidding info dumps is, from my understanding, to play more "pure" mafia but the result is the opposite in my experience of 2 games

cuz like. lets say at 0 stands - complete silence

at 1 stands full open role claim and info dump which is forbidden

the border is set at 0.5

if u cross 0.5 - bad

if u hover around before 0.5 - acceptable

but numbers are endless

what if i make a 0.4999 info dump

what if i make 0.4999999999999999999999999999999999 info dump

dont things get kind of subjective then?
i have made this argument before yes, and I also oppose restrictions on roleclaiming/infodumping. If you really want to stop people from mass claiming, give the scum a soup kill.
Alison

Post by Alison »

staypositivefriend wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:41 pm okay, im done trying to figure out this game mechanically. i dont care about mechanics anymore.

if im looking at this game purely through a scumhunting lens, then herm is scummy, and he has scum equity with all of the flipped wolves
I also don't care about mechanics which is why I'm less engaged but I still try to participate a bit because I enjoy playing optimally more than I enjoy not participating in mechanics clown fiestas. My vote is on Herm atm.
Alison

Post by Alison »

tutuu wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:01 pm @Alison pls say *pouts* pls pls pls pls pls
*pouts*
staypositivefriend
Hitman

staypositivefriend wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:34 pm reasons why im voting herm:

-he got tracked to a night kill, and i believe that the report is real. there is a small possibility that the reason he got tracked to the nightkill is because he visited that player when he "informed" them, but it's a pretty sketchy explanation

-he changed crucial information about his claim after several real life days and 50+ pages, by going from saying multiple times that he would notify everyone on the album he checked to saying that he would only notify one person on the album he checked

i have seen the sentiment of: "yeet herm and blame SPF if it's wrong", and while this is selfish of me, i don't want to take accountability if herm is town. i am not confident that he is mafia - but im voting him because there are more factors that point to him being mafia than not

and realistically, im going to end up voting wilgy tomorrow regardless of herm's flip
ps: i realized that i've been using the word "lynch" a lot in this game, and that's because it's extremely common vernacular on my home site. i assume that this site isn't okay with that type of language, and i will do my best to stop using it! apologies in advance for slipping up
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Reading this reminds me of why I voted Herm in the first place so thank you for posting. I'm staying put. And if Herm is town I made my own decision to vote him and wouldn't think about blaming you and neither should anyone else.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Alison

Post by Alison »

I don't blame other people for the decisions I make*, and I decide to vote Herm.

*Unless they were town and faked a red check or something. Then I'll be peeved.
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Alison wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:37 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:41 pm okay, im done trying to figure out this game mechanically. i dont care about mechanics anymore.

if im looking at this game purely through a scumhunting lens, then herm is scummy, and he has scum equity with all of the flipped wolves
I also don't care about mechanics which is why I'm less engaged but I still try to participate a bit because I enjoy playing optimally more than I enjoy not participating in mechanics clown fiestas. My vote is on Herm atm.
yeah i want to play optimally but i also found this game a lot more engaging when mechanics weren't involved at all. for the sake of my own ability to get good reads im going to stop focusing/caring about the mechanical aspect
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

no one answered my question from earlier

*pouts*
Alison

Post by Alison »

dyachei wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:51 pm no one answered my question from earlier

*pouts*
which question?
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

hould i track or not because i have a limited number of them
Samusamu
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Samusamu »

I feel unmotivated, but well, I'm not going to steal hours of sleep.

See you tomorrow.

Ah, I'd appreciate it if someone would tell me why the word lynch is wrong, I use it a lot too and I remember reading something like that in mu written by an aunt who had a cat as her avatar and I didn't ask because I simply forgot about it at the time.
Herm
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Herm »

staypositivefriend wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:41 pm

ps: i realized that i've been using the word "lynch" a lot in this game, and that's because it's extremely common vernacular on my home site. i assume that this site isn't okay with that type of language, and i will do my best to stop using it! apologies in advance for slipping up
Lol I've been using that word as well. I'm from another country, I had no idea this was a thing.

I'll use another word for it.
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

Samusamu wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:01 pm I feel unmotivated, but well, I'm not going to steal hours of sleep.

See you tomorrow.

Ah, I'd appreciate it if someone would tell me why the word lynch is wrong, I use it a lot too and I remember reading something like that in mu written by an aunt who had a cat as her avatar and I didn't ask because I simply forgot about it at the time.
in the US "lynchmobs" became a thing where racists would come and hang black people for almost any reason. It now has a connotation with racism in the united states
Samusamu
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Samusamu »

dyachei wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:02 pm
Samusamu wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:01 pm I feel unmotivated, but well, I'm not going to steal hours of sleep.

See you tomorrow.

in the US "lynchmobs" became a thing where racists would come and hang black people for almost any reason. It now has a connotation with racism in the united states
And what can i use? If i said it in spanish does it lose the connotation? Okey seriously, whay can i use?
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

Samusamu wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:05 pm

See you tomorrow.

And what can i use? If i said it in spanish does it lose the connotation? Okey seriously, whay can i use?
elimination, chop, defenestrate, kill, etc etc etc
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 372

Post by Dyslexicon »

Samusamu wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:05 pmAnd what can i use? If i said it in spanish does it lose the connotation? Okey seriously, whay can i use?
Eliminate is common.

I use yeet. Because it's funny. It's king of meme-y, but can also apparently mean to throw something away with great force or something like that.
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 372

Post by Dyslexicon »

dyachei wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:58 pm hould i track or not because i have a limited number of them
Same.

But I think especially if Herm is roleblocker, it's good to use. Otherwise, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I guess make your own decision, but better to use it before you are dedded. =p
Herm
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Herm »

Love the word chop.
Herm
Corrupt Union Official

Re: Radiohead Mafia [DAY 2]

Post by Herm »

Herm wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:40 am
MacDougall wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:11 am Herm is playing too townie to yeet today probably. He looks compatible but he also just looks town when he posts.
Urban Dictionary wrote:yeet
A word one may scream while propelling an object through the air at alarming speeds, heights, and etc.
"YEET!" Mei screamed, hurling the football at her catcaller's head.
Yes, don't yeet me.
Quoted for context.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 1518

Post by MacDougall »

Zzzz
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I'm gonna just sheep Alison and SPF
Herm
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Herm »

Me and Oddmerta had an interesting interaction today that makes me believe he could be town.

If I don't make it back before I'm yeeted, then that is something to look into at least.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 265
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Ok, what's an alibibi?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

tutuu wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:22 pm You hinting that you think u have mech info that there is a godfather in this game kind of kills my passion and if it turns out to be true im not signing up for any more closed setups on syndicate tbh
You can play my games, Nissan. All open-setup. :noble:
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

Long Con wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:27 pm Ok, what's an alibibi?
i think he was saying alibi?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Blame me as well if that's the case. He's not your pet yeet, he's a community one. :grin:
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

dyachei wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:30 pm
Long Con wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:27 pm Ok, what's an alibibi?
i think he was saying alibi?
I figured, but I don't know if his home site refers to an alibi as a Mafia term, like 'camouflage', or if it's just a weird way to describe fooling an investigative role.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

This day has been silly with all the doomsaying.

If Alison is town which is very likely the case we have three confirmed non mafia plus her.

SPF and I are essentially clear from interactions in my view.

Tutuu is near clear for just general play.

Herm was scummy anyway and tracked to to the kill with a dubious claim that Alison says she didn't even receive notification on.

Even if Herm flips town we're still well ahead with another night of massive PR advantage. The mafia are essentially doomed. The 3p is a concern but that's a different kettle of fish.

The game continues regardless of what happens today and we remain miles ahead regardless of who dies.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Alison wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:35 pm
tutuu wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:07 pm WAIT

WAIT

WAIT

WAIT

WAIT

I AM THE MAFIA PRODIGY OF THE NEW MILLENIA

poison chan said her role implies there exists redirectors

so what if dyachei was redirected to TSP, and they saw TSP visit MR?

but tsp's info is so dubious on whetehr or not he doctored MR. and herm so scummy too. weh whatever maybe im not that smart maybe im pretty dumb
TSP said he holstered. nobody has claimed to visit MR.
Except me and Herm.
staypositivefriend wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:41 pm

This site has used "lynch" since its inception, but some folks in the past few months have brought over the idea that it's a racist term. I don't see it as racist at all, it's just a word for hanging someone without a trial. But I'm not interested in arguing with the Politically Correct crowd about something that doesn't matter to me either way. That's what Facebook is for.

I started out subbing in "yeet" when I remembered to, even though it makes me feel like a spazzy gamerboy with a disappointing vocabulary. "Chop" is my new fave, as it brings to mind the executioner's axe coming down, and beheading is as traditional and classic a way to end a life as hanging is. I don't like "execute" or "eliminate" (or their short forms, "exe" and "elim") because I find them unwieldy. I'm a Chop man now, but I don't give a damn who says 'lynch'... we've been saying it in Mafia for over a decade, and I have never heard of it making anyone uncomfortable. But obviously I don't hear everything, especially those things that were unsaid for fear of social disapproval.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:41 pm This day has been silly with all the doomsaying.

If Alison is town which is very likely the case we have three confirmed non mafia plus her.

SPF and I are essentially clear from interactions in my view.

Tutuu is near clear for just general play.

Herm was scummy anyway and tracked to to the kill with a dubious claim that Alison says she didn't even receive notification on.

Even if Herm flips town we're still well ahead with another night of massive PR advantage. The mafia are essentially doomed. The 3p is a concern but that's a different kettle of fish.

The game continues regardless of what happens today and we remain miles ahead regardless of who dies.
Agreed.

I don't have the same trust of tutuu though. If I survive and the game keeps going, I am likely to end up voting for her before long.
Alison

Post by Alison »

dyachei wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:58 pm hould i track or not because i have a limited number of them
Do what you want IMO, it worked last night. Probably best to keep scum on their toes and uncertain if they'll be tracked.
Alison

Post by Alison »

dyachei wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:08 pm
Samusamu wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:05 pm

See you tomorrow.

elimination, chop, defenestrate, kill, etc etc etc
I use "execute". It works well because exe is a very easy to say suffix. ExLo, misexe etc.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Someone else do the plan today.
Alison

Post by Alison »

when two townies sheep each other very much, a magical plan will appear

Return to “Previous Jobs”