A Moon Shaped Pool
8%

Total votes: 39
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 1518

Re: Radiohead Mafia [DAY 3]

Post by MacDougall »

Personally I think there are just as many holes in Long Con's claim. I still don't understand how he could have misread his role PM as vanilla. When asked "I guess it's because my role is unimportant" is just straight bullshit honestly. If anyone is phoning it in cuz their team has been tanked it's probably him lol. Also his role doesn't super make sense in the context of all the other ones.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I like your idea of mountainous Alison. Do that imo. Figure out the order we yeet in the old fashioned way. Let's push for a sweep.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Also Wilgy promised some reads and ISOs so if I'm not around make sure he does it. I gotta bed.
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 1047
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

Okay fine, so let's kill Dizzy and put them out of their misery so they can chill in spec chat since they clearly aren't enjoying/engaged with the game. And then I'll cop check one of Samu/Dizzy tonight.
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Samu/Wilgy/LC, rather.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

JPIC been paying more attention to the gamethread as a ghost than he did as a player lol.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Wilgy seems to be making some effort to engage with the game which means that despite my suspicions on them they can stay alive for now. LC had a townie response earlier and I would flip him later than Samu and Dizzy if I was playing this mountainous.
Timsup2nothin
Veteran of 1000 Psychic Wars
Posts in topic: 799

Post by Timsup2nothin »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:57 am Personally I think there are just as many holes in Long Con's claim. I still don't understand how he could have misread his role PM as vanilla. When asked "I guess it's because my role is unimportant" is just straight bullshit honestly. If anyone is phoning it in cuz their team has been tanked it's probably him lol. Also his role doesn't super make sense in the context of all the other ones.
My concern is that the 3P is very likely NOT phoning it in.

Unless I guess they are someone who just hates the idea altogether.

One man gang against both sides, with some decent powers (presumably), I'd be playing all out.

We can whack these slankers, but I dunno if that gets the 3P. How we gonna find this guy if they are a hard worker?
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
noted "I can't be fucking bothered" aficionado who dual wields the sword of contrarianism in one hand and a hot cheetos family bag in the other
Alison

Post by Alison »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:02 am JPIC been paying more attention to the gamethread as a ghost than he did as a player lol.
I wonder what DVC is talking about right now.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 554
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:57 am Personally I think there are just as many holes in Long Con's claim. I still don't understand how he could have misread his role PM as vanilla. When asked "I guess it's because my role is unimportant" is just straight bullshit honestly. If anyone is phoning it in cuz their team has been tanked it's probably him lol. Also his role doesn't super make sense in the context of all the other ones.
Looking at my own role card I just don't see how he could have mistaken that his said vanilla town if he really had a role ability. One of the things I've seen LC do in the past is scum slip. Remember that GOC where he slipped and said the name of one of the scum teams then made up an outlandish story to say how it happened?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Alison

Post by Alison »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:03 am

One man gang against both sides, with some decent powers (presumably), I'd be playing all out.

We can whack these slankers, but I dunno if that gets the 3P. How we gonna find this guy if they are a hard worker?
First of all we clear the POE and out the mafia. That proves that the 3P is hiding in the trusted people. Then, we examine which of these people have the most 3P equity. For example, people who are trusted off good looking interactions with flipped mafia. At this point some town roles will certainly have died and we'll know to trust their results. We can then hopefully use a combination of remaining towncore (I don't think 3P is in the hard towncore, they've towned too hard for that) and mech solves to root out the 3P and win.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I share this concern.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Timsup2nothin
Veteran of 1000 Psychic Wars
Posts in topic: 799

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Alison wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:03 am
MacDougall wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:02 am JPIC been paying more attention to the gamethread as a ghost than he did as a player lol.
I wonder what DVC is talking about right now.
The weather.
ImageImageImageImage
noted "I can't be fucking bothered" aficionado who dual wields the sword of contrarianism in one hand and a hot cheetos family bag in the other
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Alison wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:05 am

First of all we clear the POE and out the mafia. That proves that the 3P is hiding in the trusted people. Then, we examine which of these people have the most 3P equity. For example, people who are trusted off good looking interactions with flipped mafia. At this point some town roles will certainly have died and we'll know to trust their results. We can then hopefully use a combination of remaining towncore (I don't think 3P is in the hard towncore, they've towned too hard for that) and mech solves to root out the 3P and win.
Ok this makes me feel better.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Alison

Post by Alison »

I'm probably dead by that time so y'all will have to do the 3P hunting yourself. Good luck with that, just play it clean like a mountainous game hunting for a single baddie.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I'm off to do my workout. Will bbl.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat
Posts in topic: 337
Preferred Pronouns: They/them

Post by dyachei »

ted, I didn't vig anyone
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

i don't know that i believe wilgy's claim. I do think if a claim like that exists, it can exist alongside my role (and hally's - miss you [mention]Hally[/mention] )

i don't like that he initially said jpic went nowhere then changed his result

how does that work into the meta mac?
Alison

Post by Alison »

did wilgy change his result?

why do people keep changing shit. LC did this too

kinda want to scumread that but not sure why scum wilgy does it
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

DrWilgy wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:04 pm On the bright side, I know JPIC didn't target anyone last night.
DrWilgy wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:37 pm JK, JPIC targetted tutuu
[mention]Alison[/mention]
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 372

Post by Dyslexicon »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:05 amOnly claims left are @Dyslexicon and @Samusamu. Some elaboration from Dyachei and Poison Chan is also welcome.
Hi. Do people want me to claim?
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

yeah dizzy
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Alright. I'm Tracker who can track whoever I vote for unless they are yeeted, and I'm x-shot.

I tracked Ted the first night and he visited Tim, which is what he claimed in thread already. I checked his posts, so that checks out.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Dizzy read Wilgy's claim
tedxtr
:wiz:
Posts in topic: 853
Location: some place where people retire from normals (maybe)
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by tedxtr »

i'm so popular
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Right and you didn't put 2 votes down on day 2 knowing you needed to get a vote onto someone in order to track why again?
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:44 am Right and you didn't put 2 votes down on day 2 knowing you needed to get a vote onto someone in order to track why again?
what are you asking me?
ImageImageImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

DrWilgy wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:46 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:40 pm So Wilgy you are claiming tracker?
Weird tracker.

I get different results depending on conditions that happen during the day

If I voted on a scum that flips I get a proper track (to which I used n2 on JPIC)

If I don't I get to be a watcher of a random target. N1 Ted was targeted by 1 person.
This one?

Didn't Tim target Ted too, or claimed to? Cause I did and got a result. So then there is a lie between Wilgy and Tim.
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

idk how i feel about another tracker claim. I think trackers are a little weak in a role madness setup so maybe?
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:44 am Right and you didn't put 2 votes down on day 2 knowing you needed to get a vote onto someone in order to track why again?
Is this directed at me? I put down two votes last day. I didn't target anyone though. I could target Tim, but I didn't feel like it and then night was over. I targeted Ted just for our brief interaction on D1, but he's probably town.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 265
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Honestly, I had just smoked some weed, and I spaced on it. If you need to resolve me based on that, there is absolutely nothing I can say in my defense. I wouldn't even think of making up a role like this, I'd probably make up something that at least has been seen before.
Alison wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:02 am Wilgy seems to be making some effort to engage with the game which means that despite my suspicions on them they can stay alive for now. LC had a townie response earlier and I would flip him later than Samu and Dizzy if I was playing this mountainous.
Mountainous means there are no roles and everyone's vanilla, right?
juliets wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:04 am
Looking at my own role card I just don't see how he could have mistaken that his said vanilla town if he really had a role ability. One of the things I've seen LC do in the past is scum slip. Remember that GOC where he slipped and said the name of one of the scum teams then made up an outlandish story to say how it happened?
Haha good times :evileye:
Alison wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:30 am did wilgy change his result?

why do people keep changing shit. LC did this too

kinda want to scumread that but not sure why scum wilgy does it
Woah, back it up there, what did I change?
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

dyachei wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:48 am idk how i feel about another tracker claim. I think trackers are a little weak in a role madness setup so maybe?
Well, I'm Tracker. Also, didn't Tim claim to target Ted as well on N1. Cause if Wilgy is saying 1 person targeted Ted, then that means either Wilgy or Tim is lying or one action is ninja. Probably Wilgy is lying and made up the result based on what had been talked about in thread already (Tim targeting Ted), and he didn't know I also targeted Ted.
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

uuuuuuuuuuu somebody evil sneaked into my house N1
ImageImageImageImage
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

[VOTE: wilgy] aubergine
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

tedxtr wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:52 am uuuuuuuuuuu somebody evil sneaked into my house N1
Probably Wilgy is just lying about his claim, based on seeing Tim saying he targeted you, so he thought that would lend support to his claim. But I targeted you as well, so whoops. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That's my theory at least. But I'll take opinions from people who know what's going on in general. =o
Alison

Post by Alison »

sounds like wilgy faked a watcher claim seeing that tim already claimed to visit ted, and he didnt know dizzy was visiting ted, too. Couldn't have. No reason for scum dizzy to lie about this.

Wilgy is mafia.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

[VOTE: Wilgy] aubergine
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Yay. I made a helpful. =p
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 393

Post by Oddmerta »

Tim claimed he roleblocked ted N1
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Oddmerta »

Am I wrong?
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

I got the result of Ted visiting Tim, so I know my action went through.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Oddmerta wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:56 am Tim claimed he roleblocked ted N1
Uh. Well, I got the result that Ted visited Tim, so...

:smoky:
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

Oddmerta wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:56 am Tim claimed he roleblocked ted N1
[mention]Timsup2nothin[/mention] confirm this? i thought you used something else?
Alison

Post by Alison »

For those that don't understand what happened.

Tim visits Ted, and says so in thread.
Wilgy claims a complicated role that includes a Watcher functionality, and says that he watched Ted N1 and Ted was visited by Tim and only Tim.
Dizzy comes in later and says he visited Tim, too.

The most obvious sequence of events here is that Wilgy was lying about his Watcher claim and made what I thought was a safe night result - he already knows Tim visited Ted, so claiming he saw Tim visit is easy enough, and Ted isn't an obvious popular N1 target so he probably thought nobody else visited Ted, especially since nobody else claimed to have done anything to Ted.

However, if Wilgy was telling the truth, he would have seen Dizzy visit Ted. Again, Dizzy has no reason to lie about this - so Wilgy was just lying about Watchering Ted.
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Oddmerta »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:56 am I got the result of Ted visiting Tim, so I know my action went through.
I believe you, don't worry.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

So maybe Tim is the one lying then. And Wilgy's claim is legit, and I was the only person visiting Ted?
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

LOLLOLOLLOLOOLOLOL
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

Tim I've been waiting for this since D1 buddy
ImageImageImageImage
Alison

Post by Alison »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:58 am So maybe Tim is the one lying then. And Wilgy's claim is legit, and I was the only person visiting Ted?
But Wilgy said he saw that Tim visited Ted.

So if Wilgy's claim is legit, then he would see you visit Ted, not Tim.
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Oddmerta »

I think this might be Wilgy and tim both caught

Return to “Previous Jobs”