Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 85
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Re: Avatar The Last Airbender Mafia

Post by Alison »

dov wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:02 am
cayvie wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:48 am
dov wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:26 am :pout: why is everyone assuming i'm scumlean
how do I deem myself worthy for y'all
talk to us :D

talk me thru your thought process, how you decided to vote when you did.

how much of the thread have you read? does anything stick out to you?
when I voted, I kind of just wanted to go towards a majority because in all honesty, I just saw people talking about jiwon as i scrolled through and i saw carotenoid voted for him, and i seem to trust her decision even though i'm not realizing that she might be scum[/pink] :shrug:
i haven't read all of the thread, however, the things that do stick out to me is that there is a slow mentality conforming with everyone, but i feel as if nutella and psi might be scumlean since they're kinda auto-clearing each other as town and assimilating their ideas to one another while leading most of the thread as "town"[/color=pink]
kinda sus about that, but i genuinely don't know lmao

Weird justification (we saw no indication that dov trusted Carotte before now) accompanied by a hedge.

Throwing shade on people that have done objectively townie things accompanied by a hedge.

dov is scum.
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Alison

Post by Alison »

dov wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:02 am
cayvie wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:48 am
dov wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:26 am :pout: why is everyone assuming i'm scumlean
how do I deem myself worthy for y'all
talk to us :D

talk me thru your thought process, how you decided to vote when you did.

how much of the thread have you read? does anything stick out to you?
when I voted, I kind of just wanted to go towards a majority because in all honesty, I just saw people talking about jiwon as i scrolled through and i saw carotenoid voted for him, and i seem to trust her decision even though i'm not realizing that she might be scum :shrug:
i haven't read all of the thread, however, the things that do stick out to me is that there is a slow mentality conforming with everyone, but i feel as if nutella and psi might be scumlean since they're kinda auto-clearing each other as town and assimilating their ideas to one another while leading most of the thread as "town"
kinda sus about that, but i genuinely don't know lmao
Weird justification (we saw no indication that dov trusted Carotte before now) accompanied by a hedge.

Throwing shade on people that have done objectively townie things accompanied by a hedge.

dov is scum.

Imagine having to waste a post in a post-capped game because you fucked up the formatting.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Here's where I am in terms of reads at the moment. The list of people in each category is not ordered. Consider this my legacy reads if I should die during the night phase.

Hard Town - These are the people who've done something to make me actively trust them.
Alison
PSINightmareEmpower
Carotenoid
Dragon D. Luffy

Townlean
cayvie
DrWilgy
Fatmo
Long Con
nutella

Mixed Bag
chardonnay

Scumlean
Jackofhearts2005
Marcher Jovian

Scum
cassowary
DJ Neutron Star
dov
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 160
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

So the thing with last EoD wasn't suddenly that I had a great case on DJ but more like I hated his post attacking cass. It made zero sense and felt really forced. I was voting cass at the time myself and that gave me a strong feeling that I had to move off it. I briefly considered just switching to Jiwon but then I looked at the clock and thought "we could chop DJ if we tried and there are a bunch of people saying they aren't happy with either wagon, let's try and see".

Now I haven't liked DJ's defenses after the flip tbh, so I still feel good about that.
Alison

Post by Alison »

I don't like that dov came in and placed a naked vote on someone that later flipped town, had very implausible reasoning for justifying it (there is no way in hell that someone who's played ToS previous to this legitimately trusts Carotte because she got them into the game), and then scumtells a bunch in their defense.

DJ Neutron Star was someone who didn't ping me at all D1, but did quite a bit N1. The general shyness by various players around his wagon looks bad (Marcher was already suspected to some degree for this, but I'm giving them a pass because I didn't care much about Neutron myself D1), and the defense N1 was unimpressive.

I would consider those two to be the leading wagon contenders for D2. I'm not a fan of chardonnay trying to buy time for dov by claiming the slot self-resolves. I'm not convinced that's true, especially if dov just keeps on lowposting and appealing to newbieness the entire game.

I am reasonably confident in my towncore. I think there's like an 80-90% chance there's legitimately 0 wolves in it and you can trust them completely.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Alison wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:38 am Here's where I am in terms of reads at the moment. The list of people in each category is not ordered. Consider this my legacy reads if I should die during the night phase.

Hard Town - These are the people who've done something to make me actively trust them.
Alison
PSINightmareEmpower
Carotenoid
Dragon D. Luffy

Townlean
cayvie
DrWilgy
Fatmo
Long Con
nutella

Mixed Bag
chardonnay

Scumlean
Jackofhearts2005
Marcher Jovian

Scum
cassowary
DJ Neutron Star
dov
I think move LC one category down, from townlean to scumlean. He hasn't done enough and nutella is right that a vanity wagon so close to EOD looks awful.
Marcher Jovian
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 41
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by Marcher Jovian »

Alison wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:38 am Here's where I am in terms of reads at the moment. The list of people in each category is not ordered. Consider this my legacy reads if I should die during the night phase.

Alison
PSINightmareEmpower
Carotenoid
Dragon D. Luffy

Townlean
cayvie
DrWilgy
Fatmo
Long Con
nutella

Mixed Bag
chardonnay

Scumlean
Jackofhearts2005
Marcher Jovian

Scum
cassowary
DJ Neutron Star
dov
I don’t think cass / DJ neutron star are ever w/w with the way that flash wagons went down.
The neutron wagon was an even split with 2 from jiwon and 2 from cass, unless mafia were playing hyperreckless bussing games I don’t think that happens if w/w.
I’m thinking it’s more likely mafia jumped onto the cass counterwagon for cred when it looked like jiwon was certain to go over, and took the flash wagon as a chance to get off when things started looking risky. Think that points to cayvie as the teammate?
Marcher Jovian
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Marcher Jovian »

Marcher Jovian wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:00 am

Alison
PSINightmareEmpower
Carotenoid
Dragon D. Luffy

Townlean
cayvie
DrWilgy
Fatmo
Long Con
nutella

Mixed Bag
chardonnay

Scumlean
Jackofhearts2005
Marcher Jovian

Scum
cassowary
DJ Neutron Star
dov
I don’t think cass / DJ neutron star are ever w/w with the way that flash wagons went down.
The neutron wagon was an even split with 2 from jiwon and 2 from cass, unless mafia were playing hyperreckless bussing games I don’t think that happens if w/w.
I’m thinking it’s more likely mafia jumped onto the cass counterwagon for cred when it looked like jiwon was certain to go over, and took the flash wagon as a chance to get off when things started looking risky. Think that points to cayvie as the teammate?
Other option I guess is I’m wrong and it’s just a pure wagon that failed. Points to wolves probably spilt pretty even between the two wagons and it means that “third votes wolfy” is gonna be a thing and we should probably take a look at who decided the wagons and which ones fizzled out.
Marcher Jovian
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Marcher Jovian »

cayvie wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:58 am let's look at DJNS. what i see in their iso (it's short, if you wanna read it) is someone who is clearly reading the thread but who has expressed very few opinions. i also see someone who is having trouble coming up with things to say. for example:
DJ Neutron Star wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:27 am
chardonnay wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:23 am
Neutron's call out on PSInightmare look more like disagreeing with a play then forming a read. Im interested if Neutron does have a read on PISnightmare.

scum lean, but it's off of two posts so lol. i'm not stubborn enough for a D1 tunnel

i imagine i'll find something else to hyperfixate on tomorrow
DJ Neutron Star wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:48 pm evening folks

if anyone has any suggestions on things or people in the thread i should be focusing on, let me know

there isn't anything in particular i'm finding myself able to focus on so i could use some direction, admittedly
[v]DJ Neutron Star[/v]
Like how cayvie switched off of the easy vote on jiwon to first vote neutron star despite being under pressure herself
Marcher Jovian
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Marcher Jovian »

PSINightmareEmpower wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:17 pm Ugh. Neither of the alternate viable wagons look good to me, but I know U-G isn't popular enough to go through right now. I have to switch, but I don't know to whom.

Jiwon isn't doing anything for me. I'm all right with it, but not personally sold on it. Clearing out the inactives is important though, so maybe I should?

I can't vote Cass in good conscience. I haven't done enough research on them to confidently place a vote. It's just a sheep read I'd do as mafia so I can't vote them until I've done my research, and I don't have time to do research before EoD.

...Jiwon it is.

[VOTE: JiwonMeganPark] aubergine
Fatmo wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:43 pm Ahh ok.

[VOTE: JIWAN] aubergine
nutella wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:05 pm Welp this is exciting

[VOTE: jiwon] aubergine
Hey i found cass's teammates
Marcher Jovian
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Marcher Jovian »

wait no PSI and nutella flash wagoned so probs not? unless they were like hard banking on letting dov get burnt to pick whichever wagon they wanted to go over
fatmo vote looks sus tho
Marcher Jovian
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Marcher Jovian »

Really weird how nutella/PSI are moving in lockstep so much.
Marcher Jovian
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Marcher Jovian »

nutella wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:33 pm Still don't really get the near universal Cass scumread. I feel gut towny about them. But maybe if everyone else sees something I'm not they could be onto something. Idk trusting my gut for now.
really don't like this post though
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 74
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

PSINightmareEmpower wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:42 am Alison
Nutella
Cayvie
Fatmo
DDL
Chard
Cass
Jack
DrWilgy
LC
Carot
Dov
U-G
Neutron
Marcher

I have just discovered colors. Have a revised version.
I'll catch up but for now, talk to me about Marcher, Neutron and Nutella. If you have a big post about these things already, linking to it is fine.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Getting town LC vibes. Kinda getting town Wilgy vibes, town Chard vibes and town UG vibes.

The only person pinging me on my page 4-5 is Nutella.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:33 pm Feeling better about LC now.

Just a note as we are looking at tied votes between 4 people.

Often I think a gamestate like this is indicative of being on the right path and that wolves have attempted to open counter wagons.

There must most definitely be a wolf amongst Cayvie, Cass, Ji or LC.

:ponder: :ponder: :ponder: :ponder:

This feels townish, knowing Wilgy's meta. But I don't really scumread any of those players except perhaps Cass.
Spoiler: show
#Hedging
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

nutella wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:22 pm
Alison wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:16 pm This is leaning me towards a Cassowary exe over a Jiwon one. This is the kind of post mafia makes to shade a townie. It's an indirect way of attacking them ("you seem pretty ill at ease") that is difficult to defend yourself against or pick apart (because the snap response is, "hey, that's just how I felt"), but is also couched in a hedgy way ("I'm not sure what to make of you...") that removes accountability for the read if UG flips town.

This is a post that wants us to narrow our eyes at UG, but without making us think "Cassowary wants us to vote UG". That's scummy.
hmm this is a solid take. on snap intuition I find cass townier and UG less so, but I could see it the other way
nutella wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:42 pm I agree with what PSI said about UG. Still iffy on LC but I'm never quite sure how to read him so he could probably be in both ranges rn. Moving to [VOTE: Ultimate Gamer] aubergine for now, let's see how he plays with a bit of pressure
:eek:
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Ultimate-Gamer wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:21 pm
chardonnay wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:07 pm
Ultimate-Gamer wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:58 pm
chardonnay wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:48 pm
DJ Neutron Star wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:34 pm @chardonnay
can i confirm why you're voting cassowary? you haven't said much immediately about them outside of 'something' feeling off and currently disagreeing with their PSINE read
forcing a read that they weren't really confidant in, (PSINightmare).
Oh shit I just did that huh 😳

Yeah I didn't want my FIRST iso to be a null read so I kinda put a gun to my head and said "Nooter slightly scummy" even though it's closer to null.
I mean... there's nothing inhertly wrong with forcing a read for the sake of content generation. Its more when its done for the sake of not standing out.

Im not sure what to make of you lamp shading your own actions so quickly UG haha. You seem pretty ill at ease rn.
Oh yeah I'm absolutely ill at ease. This is a new game on an unfamiliar site, with new people I've never played. I am anxious as FUCK rn even outside of game stuff.

So I'm kinda, just talking. I'm just gonna kinda say whatever comes to me and then judge people based on how they react to that.

That's worked for me before so even if I can't fall back on familiar metas, there's always That.

And sorry if people were trying to address me before this, I'm still at work, I'll try to find time later.
nutella wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:35 pm
Ultimate-Gamer wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:30 pm Speaking of speaking my mind and familiar metas... I REALLY feel like Grendel would know that? Like, how anxious I am in new situations and stuff... It feels REALLY weird that he'd throw that kind of shade and then keep on about it. Like, REALLY weird... This actually legit feels like a scummy Grendel play...
idk this post feels weird like... overhyping/exaggerating the scumminess of the callout in a way that i feel scum would do to justify a fake scumread of a townie
nutella wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:37 pm like the three all caps "really"s plus "actually legit feels" like. why do you have to specify that it "actually legit feels scummy" unless you know they're not scum and are taking advantage of them doing something that "actually legit feels scummy"
I just...UG feels really townie here and I don't like the way Nutella is moving in on them. Like I disagree with what she's saying at best. This could easily be a roundabout defense of Cass or LC.

Then again, when you have 4 wagons, you can say the same about a push on any of them so take that with a grain of salt.
Ultimate-Gamer
Posts in topic: 10
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Ultimate-Gamer »

🎵good morning lovely people.

hey, full disclosure, im having some serious irl problems. I've not even been able to look at the game much. still. ive spoken with the gm, if i cant get my issues sorted out soon i might need to drop :(

anywho, i figure the best thing i can do right NOW is give you what reads i do have so that y'all can better sort my slot. if i cant do anything super productive, at least ill get to help you out.

So! Let's get started with my reads so far based on what little I've ISO'd and read throughout the game:

Alison: Mega town energy here. Everything feels genuine, from what I've seen she's been active and trying to solve the game. Probably my biggest town read so far, I have a hard time seeing a universe where Alison is scum.

Carot: Similar energy to Alison but not as strong. We share similar reads on Nooter which makes me feel better in my asersion. Town

Cassowary: Town. Like I said before, this might be a hot take, but Cassowary's reactions to being pushed to NOT feel like panicked scum trying to play it cool. they feel like a frustrated townie who doesn't know what to say so they're trying to defend themselves while also simultaneously trying to solve the game. It's a good response and I like it a lot. I really REALLY feel like this was a good, easy yeet for potential scum to latch onto.

Cayvie: ISO'd. Also town. Unlike Alison, I CAN see a universe where Cayvie is scum, but her actions make MORE sense as town. She's active, she's solving the game, she's putting herself out there in a way that would be counterintuitive as scum. Pretty good town lean.

Chard: I'm... Hesistent still. He backed off me when I made a response which again felt fine... I still have a weird feeling about him. Especially posts like this:
chardonnay wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:41 am Aww I guess DoV had to go.

Im partially concerned that his intsa trust in Carrot is b/c he randed mafia, and knew she was town from the start.

But I feel inclined to not jump on him, as he is probably easily sorted over time. A lot of new players are.
feel like he's seeding doubt so he can have an excuse to scum read later ya know? but at the same time the rest of his posts feel pretty genuine. I'm getting FEELINGS about this slot but I can't tell what those feelings are one way or the other.

Nooter: I went into more detail in my last post but if there was a slot that I HAD to scum read it'd probably be this one. Granted I haven't taken a good look at a lot of the player roster, AND considering Nooter was basically the counter wagon to Jiwon... I think that says something but i'm not sure what. During my ISO several of his posts gave me uneasy vibes, and the more I think about this slot the better I feel about those. I'm actually gonna move this to a scum lean.

Nutella: One of the people who came after me prettty hard. And... I liked their reasoning. Their gut reads felt VERY genuine. Getting very similar vibes like I do with Alison and Carot. Their read was wrong, sure, but it feels better than a lot of the posts that I get from both Nooter and Chard. This is someone trying to solve the game for real. Strong town.

PSINE: I'm kinda wary about this. It's still a town lean, for sure, but y'all have never played with PSINE before, her MO between town and scum does not change a lot, her behavior FEELS genuine and townie, but I'm still very hesitent to sort her one way or the other.

If I didn't mention someone that means I dont' have anything to say because I haven't really read enough of their posts to make a call. Hopefully that helps. If you have any questions or anything feel free to ping me and I'll answer asap.
Dag yo...
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Ultimate-Gamer wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:57 am Nooter: I went into more detail in my last post but if there was a slot that I HAD to scum read it'd probably be this one. Granted I haven't taken a good look at a lot of the player roster, AND considering Nooter was basically the counter wagon to Jiwon... I think that says something but i'm not sure what. During my ISO several of his posts gave me uneasy vibes, and the more I think about this slot the better I feel about those. I'm actually gonna move this to a scum lean.
Nooter is DJNeutronStar?
Ultimate-Gamer wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:57 am Nutella: One of the people who came after me prettty hard. And... I liked their reasoning. Their gut reads felt VERY genuine. Getting very similar vibes like I do with Alison and Carot. Their read was wrong, sure, but it feels better than a lot of the posts that I get from both Nooter and Chard. This is someone trying to solve the game for real. Strong town.
:pout:
Ultimate-Gamer
Posts in topic: 10
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Ultimate-Gamer »

Yeah sorry, Nooter is Neutron Star. And I also wanted to kinda expand on PSINE as well. Like, their read on me feels more or less "he's actin different now" which feels.... Icky. Like I get it, Chard did the same thing, but rather than backing off after seeing a response she's kinda doubled down on it. It feels like she's not considered the extenuating circumstances. Deliberate or otherwise.
Dag yo...
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 86
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

DJ Neutron Star wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:47 am i couldn't sleep so i opened up a notepad and kinda just went off for a bit about whatever came to mind wrt the game

i'm just pasting it here with minimal editing because i have nothing better to do
a point that cassowary made about chardonnay's handling of their slot has been sticking out in my head and i'm a little more amenable to listening to cassowary and a little less amenable to listening to chardonnay atm

nutella i essentially don't care about atm; her posts are hard for me to read individually to identify alignment and i get the impression i'd just have to leave her alone and compare reads/handling of reads to flips that occur

i'm currently light townreading Long Con's apparent low tolerance for bullshit— i don't know LC's meta and worried a lot about this being a thought i'm not qualified to have because of that, but it's still a thought that exists so whatever

i do see and understand atm what folks dislike about the other people who'd voted for cassowary that i didn't notice because i wasn't paying attention to the way the votes came in. rip me lol

drwilgy was a townread at one point but i can't for the life of me remember why, so i guess not anymore!

like honestly a lot of my early reads i'm not sure if they were just fever dreams or actually happened considering i went out of my way to ignore a lot of them and don't have any records, but i swear i looked at drwilgy's iso at one point and decided "this is town" and i just can't replicate that anymore
DDL's only really different on gut alone, him being town is totally a Neutron Style Read^TM where i can read his posts or think his name in my head and immediately say "town" and i'm just rolling with it
does that make sense? no, not at all. but it's 6:30 and i'm just writing atm, and i can't imagine anyone particularly cares about what a common scumread thinks anyway so i don't feel bad saying whatever the hell comes to mind

some other people exist ig but i don't especially care
i don't have any interest in having thoughts on anyone else right now
hmm I kinda like this and want to tr it but probably shouldn't?
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

DJ Neutron Star wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:01 am i'd be lying if i said i wasn't pissed and i imagine that's obvious

tbh i was probably worrying myself way too much with meeting some skill level or standard of towniness or something that i wasn't entirely comprehending

it seems i failed pretty spectacularly at that but honestly it makes it a lot easier to not give a shit

i'll see about having thoughts about the other half of the game after i get some sleep, but no promises ngl
can easily see this attitude coming from both alignments idk
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Alison wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:08 am
nutella wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:25 pm
Carotenoid wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:16 pm oh I realized EoD is at 3 EDT, I might not be able to be around

I still don't feel very good about DDL's posting, would definitely vote here if it picked up. I'm also interested in the reasons some people are townreading him (?)

I don't think UG is a good vote today because their tone is well within town range and he's going to be much more readable soon I think.

Between cassowary and Jiwon I think I'd prefer a Jiwon flip but *eh*
Carotenoid wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:38 am [VOTE: Jiwon] aubergine

Hmn I realized that I might not be able to be around for EoD :/
Anyway. I think my preferred flip is Jiwon. Would be okay with cassowary, DDL or DJ too. Don't want to flip cayvie or UG.
Uh. The repeated wording of "oh just realized I might not be around" is super weird to me. How do you "just realize" something twice? Did you forget you had already realized it? Perhaps you thought you had only already said it somewhere other than the game thread?? :eye:
I don't believe you legitimately believe in this reach. :eye:
I realize it's kinda silly but I actually kinda do lol. Like yeah yeah slips aren't real or whatever but this struck me as particularly weird.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
cayvie
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 197

Post by cayvie »

Ultimate-Gamer wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:57 am 🎵good morning lovely people.

hey, full disclosure, im having some serious irl problems. I've not even been able to look at the game much. still. ive spoken with the gm, if i cant get my issues sorted out soon i might need to drop :(
hey. take care of you. good to see you're reaching out.
Cassowary: Town. Like I said before, this might be a hot take, but Cassowary's reactions to being pushed to NOT feel like panicked scum trying to play it cool. they feel like a frustrated townie who doesn't know what to say so they're trying to defend themselves while also simultaneously trying to solve the game. It's a good response and I like it a lot. I really REALLY feel like this was a good, easy yeet for potential scum to latch onto.
are there any posts you can point to in particular that you townread?
Chard: I'm... Hesistent still. He backed off me when I made a response which again felt fine... I still have a weird feeling about him. Especially posts like this:
chardonnay wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:41 am Aww I guess DoV had to go.

Im partially concerned that his intsa trust in Carrot is b/c he randed mafia, and knew she was town from the start.

But I feel inclined to not jump on him, as he is probably easily sorted over time. A lot of new players are.
feel like he's seeding doubt so he can have an excuse to scum read later ya know? but at the same time the rest of his posts feel pretty genuine. I'm getting FEELINGS about this slot but I can't tell what those feelings are one way or the other.
what emotion are you feeling when you feel thee FEELINGS toward chard? fear? relief? something else?
Nooter: I went into more detail in my last post but if there was a slot that I HAD to scum read it'd probably be this one. Granted I haven't taken a good look at a lot of the player roster, AND considering Nooter was basically the counter wagon to Jiwon... I think that says something but i'm not sure what. During my ISO several of his posts gave me uneasy vibes, and the more I think about this slot the better I feel about those. I'm actually gonna move this to a scum lean.
mmm.. my first instinct is to see this as w/w seeing the writing on the wall and hedging toward a tentative bus.
PSINightmareEmpower
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 51
Preferred Pronouns: She/her

Post by PSINightmareEmpower »

[mention]Jackofhearts2005[/mention] I have a lot of posts defining those reads, so I can't really link just one post, so I'll just tell you right now.

The Marcher scumread is based on their extremely odd development on the EoD wagons. They vote Cass, making it clear that they do not want to vote Neutron. A bit later, they state that they'd rather vote Jiwon than Neutron and vote Jiwon. It's just such an odd development. They gave minimal reasoning for voting Cass and then switch to Jiwon with zero reasoning, all while explicitly avoiding Neutron. I read it as Cass and Jiwon both being town and Marcher flipping to the more viable wagon to counter the Neutron one.

Neutron is just a general feeling of scumminess that I can't put into words very well. Her recent posts haven't done much for her either. She works as a wolf with nearly everyone, and she just hasn't had any feeling of towniness to me. I do need to ISO her though.

My read on Nutella was mostly based on the townie energy I felt from her, and the fact that she and I had mindmelded quite a bit. However, I am starting to doubt that read, because the way a lot of her reads develop seems to be almost immediately after mine, and I'm worried it's a pocketing attempt. She also seems like the kind of person to "exude townie energy" even as mafia. So yeah, less confident in this now.

You didn't ask for this, but I will update my thoughts on U-G. I am a lot less confident in what I saw in him now than I was then, and would probably move him towards mild to super super light scumlean. I do feel, however, that he hasn't exactly left his wolfrange yet. I can see most of his posts as coming from wolf too. So I guess that's why he's in scumlean.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Jovian is naked mafia, as Mac would say.

Their wagon analysis posts on this page are all scummy as hell. And pushing cayvie lol nope

Autoyeet Jovian imo.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Marcher Jovian wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:31 am
PSINightmareEmpower wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:17 pm Ugh. Neither of the alternate viable wagons look good to me, but I know U-G isn't popular enough to go through right now. I have to switch, but I don't know to whom.

Jiwon isn't doing anything for me. I'm all right with it, but not personally sold on it. Clearing out the inactives is important though, so maybe I should?

I can't vote Cass in good conscience. I haven't done enough research on them to confidently place a vote. It's just a sheep read I'd do as mafia so I can't vote them until I've done my research, and I don't have time to do research before EoD.

...Jiwon it is.

[VOTE: JiwonMeganPark] aubergine
Fatmo wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:43 pm Ahh ok.

[VOTE: JIWAN] aubergine
nutella wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:05 pm Welp this is exciting

[VOTE: jiwon] aubergine
Hey i found cass's teammates
All town lmao try again
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Marcher Jovian wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:07 am
Marcher Jovian wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:00 am

Alison
PSINightmareEmpower
Carotenoid
Dragon D. Luffy

Townlean
cayvie
DrWilgy
Fatmo
Long Con
nutella

Mixed Bag
chardonnay

Scumlean
Jackofhearts2005
Marcher Jovian

Scum
cassowary
DJ Neutron Star
dov
Other option I guess is I’m wrong and it’s just a pure wagon that failed. Points to wolves probably spilt pretty even between the two wagons and it means that “third votes wolfy” is gonna be a thing and we should probably take a look at who decided the wagons and which ones fizzled out.
God this post is just. You may as well have pasted your mafia rolecard.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Marcher Jovian wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:37 am wait no PSI and nutella flash wagoned so probs not? unless they were like hard banking on letting dov get burnt to pick whichever wagon they wanted to go over
fatmo vote looks sus tho
Marcher Jovian wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:51 am Really weird how nutella/PSI are moving in lockstep so much.
"Nvm I can't really push nutella and psi bit still gonna shade them and try to push fatmo"

Good luck with that pal
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:54 am
Ultimate-Gamer wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:21 pm
chardonnay wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:07 pm
Ultimate-Gamer wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:58 pm
chardonnay wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:48 pm
DJ Neutron Star wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:34 pm @chardonnay
can i confirm why you're voting cassowary? you haven't said much immediately about them outside of 'something' feeling off and currently disagreeing with their PSINE read
forcing a read that they weren't really confidant in, (PSINightmare).
Oh shit I just did that huh 😳

Yeah I didn't want my FIRST iso to be a null read so I kinda put a gun to my head and said "Nooter slightly scummy" even though it's closer to null.
I mean... there's nothing inhertly wrong with forcing a read for the sake of content generation. Its more when its done for the sake of not standing out.

Im not sure what to make of you lamp shading your own actions so quickly UG haha. You seem pretty ill at ease rn.
Oh yeah I'm absolutely ill at ease. This is a new game on an unfamiliar site, with new people I've never played. I am anxious as FUCK rn even outside of game stuff.

So I'm kinda, just talking. I'm just gonna kinda say whatever comes to me and then judge people based on how they react to that.

That's worked for me before so even if I can't fall back on familiar metas, there's always That.

And sorry if people were trying to address me before this, I'm still at work, I'll try to find time later.
nutella wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:35 pm
Ultimate-Gamer wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:30 pm Speaking of speaking my mind and familiar metas... I REALLY feel like Grendel would know that? Like, how anxious I am in new situations and stuff... It feels REALLY weird that he'd throw that kind of shade and then keep on about it. Like, REALLY weird... This actually legit feels like a scummy Grendel play...
idk this post feels weird like... overhyping/exaggerating the scumminess of the callout in a way that i feel scum would do to justify a fake scumread of a townie
nutella wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:37 pm like the three all caps "really"s plus "actually legit feels" like. why do you have to specify that it "actually legit feels scummy" unless you know they're not scum and are taking advantage of them doing something that "actually legit feels scummy"
I just...UG feels really townie here and I don't like the way Nutella is moving in on them. Like I disagree with what she's saying at best. This could easily be a roundabout defense of Cass or LC.

Then again, when you have 4 wagons, you can say the same about a push on any of them so take that with a grain of salt.
Agree to disagree then, though I don't feel as strong a scumread on UG as I did at the time that was my first reaction. Don't follow what you're saying about cass and LC
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Marcher Jovian
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Marcher Jovian »

The moment i start showing any suspicion of nutella she decides that all of a sudden I'm an outed wolf and starts digging up any possible interpretation that lets her throw more dirt on me :thonk:
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Alright I like that reads post from UG and see his tone as more town now lol
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Marcher Jovian
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Marcher Jovian »

Marcher Jovian wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:47 pm The moment i start showing any suspicion of nutella she decides that all of a sudden I'm an outed wolf and starts digging up any possible interpretation that lets her throw more dirt on me :thonk:
she sees me pushing cass, she sees me catching onto her, and now she's going all out with chainsaws and OMGUS to discredit my reads and force me through before I clear myself off of the flip. Not happening.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Marcher Jovian wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:47 pm The moment i start showing any suspicion of nutella she decides that all of a sudden I'm an outed wolf and starts digging up any possible interpretation that lets her throw more dirt on me :thonk:
Holy fuck it's not omgus dude, I scumread your first main analysis post before you ever said anything about me. Way to be reductive
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Marcher Jovian wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:50 pm
she sees me pushing cass, she sees me catching onto her, and now she's going all out with chainsaws and OMGUS to discredit my reads and force me through before I clear myself off of the flip. Not happening.
You're so full of shit. Besides when we are both town we mindmeld a lot and here you are pushing like the entire opposite perspective of the game state and all I see is scum agenda.

I feel super confident in this one folks. I'm probably not articulating it well because there's some gut/ meta involved but I'm like 95% sure Jovian is scum here.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
cayvie
Corrupt Union Official

Post by cayvie »

what does this part mean? are you referring to nightkills? how do you plan on clearing yourself off of those?
Marcher Jovian
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Marcher Jovian »

cayvie wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:54 pm
what does this part mean? are you referring to nightkills? how do you plan on clearing yourself off of those?
because if I chop her buddy cass, then all of a sudden I'm out of the pool and it just tightens the box. She sees everyone saying my vote is sus and is jumping on the thread mood to push me through first so they don't have to burn a nightkill on me.
Marcher Jovian
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Marcher Jovian »

nutella wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:53 pm
You're so full of shit. Besides when we are both town we mindmeld a lot and here you are pushing like the entire opposite perspective of the game state and all I see is scum agenda.

I feel super confident in this one folks. I'm probably not articulating it well because there's some gut/ meta involved but I'm like 95% sure Jovian is scum here.
I could say those words right back at you.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Jovian if you want to desperately push a town yeet through you're looking in the wrong place. I know you think it makes you look original but it ain't working.
Marcher Jovian wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:58 pm
cayvie wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:54 pm
because if I chop her buddy cass, then all of a sudden I'm out of the pool and it just tightens the box. She sees everyone saying my vote is sus and is jumping on the thread mood to push me through first so they don't have to burn a nightkill on me.
Oh you want to flip cass first huh. Maybe you know they will flip scum and it'll look great for you and bad for me eh?
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

nutella wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:46 pm Don't follow what you're saying about cass and LC
I'm just saying that if there are 4 wagons and 1 of them is a wolf, then any movement towards any other wagon could be defending a wolf.

But we don't know that one (or more) of the wagons is a wolf and we don't know which one if it is so the argument applies to anyone voting any of three different players, which makes it pretty weak and I'm recognizing it.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

If Jovian is somehow town here I'd be shocked. We've never had such polarized interpretations of the game. So I think they don't actually believe what they're saying and are just scum.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Let's chop Marcher and Nutella and stop if one flips scum.

If one is scum, mission accomplished. If neither is scum, scum will out themselves going "This is Jack pushing to chop two townies." :dark:
cayvie
Corrupt Union Official

Post by cayvie »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:04 pm Let's chop Marcher and Nutella and stop if one flips scum.

If one is scum, mission accomplished. If neither is scum, scum will out themselves going "This is Jack pushing to chop two townies." :dark:
*shakes fist*
Carotenoid
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 115
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/herself

Post by Carotenoid »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:31 am
Carotenoid wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:43 am I don't think it's NAI and just convenient because I was trying to influence other people's read and take responsibility in it.
I think it's fairly easy to read into it: Why would I want to deflect suspicions on PSINE and UG? What do I gain from that? Does it seem like I have some underlying motivations?
If you're scum your goal is to say something, no matter what. Saying things makes people think "she is scumhunting" and leave you alone. This is difficult, because as scum you don't have any legit thoughts on other people.

Pointing out how everyone and their mother is "in their meta" is a very easy way around that. It's nocommitl and it's easy to notice and point out to.

Hey, I can say nutella, who I am used to play with, is in her meta. LC is in his meta too. Jack? Totally in his meta. I still can't read those people that well though, despite being used to their metas. Turns out their scum metas aren't much different. Except nutella I guess, I think I've had a good tracking record at reading her recently.
Your example is just not what happened, I'm not bringing meta for the sake of bringing meta
Carotenoid wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:16 pm oh I realized EoD is at 3 EDT, I might not be able to be around

I still don't feel very good about DDL's posting, would definitely vote here if it picked up. I'm also interested in the reasons some people are townreading him (?)

I don't think UG is a good vote today because their tone is well within town range and he's going to be much more readable soon I think.

Anyway. I think my preferred flip is Jiwon. Would be okay with cassowary, DDL or DJ too. Don't want to flip cayvie or UG.
Uh. The repeated wording of "oh just realized I might not be around" is super weird to me. How do you "just realize" something twice? Did you forget you had already realized it? Perhaps you thought you had only already said it somewhere other than the game thread?? :eye:
Oh lol xD I thought the first post didn't go through, forum was lagging that night :p
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

cayvie wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:06 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:04 pm Let's chop Marcher and Nutella and stop if one flips scum.

*shakes fist*
The plan is perfect.

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

In the universe marcher flips town, sure chop me first but I'd say def chop cass because maybe they're just right and I'm wrong there. Then again I also thought they might be w/w based on a quote a few posts up lmao. Idk if cass is scum I'll feel dumb for my d1 but just really didn't feel it, but the gamestate suggests I may be wrong.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Carotenoid wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:06 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:31 am
Carotenoid wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:43 am I don't think it's NAI and just convenient because I was trying to influence other people's read and take responsibility in it.
I think it's fairly easy to read into it: Why would I want to deflect suspicions on PSINE and UG? What do I gain from that? Does it seem like I have some underlying motivations?
If you're scum your goal is to say something, no matter what. Saying things makes people think "she is scumhunting" and leave you alone. This is difficult, because as scum you don't have any legit thoughts on other people.

Pointing out how everyone and their mother is "in their meta" is a very easy way around that. It's nocommitl and it's easy to notice and point out to.

Hey, I can say nutella, who I am used to play with, is in her meta. LC is in his meta too. Jack? Totally in his meta. I still can't read those people that well though, despite being used to their metas. Turns out their scum metas aren't much different. Except nutella I guess, I think I've had a good tracking record at reading her recently.
Your example is just not what happened, I'm not bringing meta for the sake of bringing meta

Oh lol xD I thought the first post didn't go through, forum was lagging that night :p
lol ok
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

nutella wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:08 pm

In the universe marcher flips town, sure chop me first but I'd say def chop cass because maybe they're just right and I'm wrong there. Then again I also thought they might be w/w based on a quote a few posts up lmao. Idk if cass is scum I'll feel dumb for my d1 but just really didn't feel it, but the gamestate suggests I may be wrong.
And we won't have to worry about chopping you for defending Cass because we'll have already chopped you.

Carotenoid
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 115
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/herself

Post by Carotenoid »

k so I have mostly skimmed the thread, I'll try to do a rereading on D2.

I don't get the "dov was coached" read, if he was coached I don't think he would have gone through d1 without posting. I didn't really understand his read of PSINE/nutella, but it seemed obscure enough that it looks like a genuine read and not like something that comes from someone that got told what was happening in a maf chat.

I liked cayvie's interpretation of EoD.

I'm doubting a bit my cassowary read for the "I think I'm still playing in mafia mindset". It's just like, not something that is super intuitive for mafia to come up with??

I also kinda liked DDL's line of thought wrt Marcher Jovian and his insistence on flipping DJ. They're probs not w/w and if I had to choose one I think I'd go with DJ first so hmnn maybe DDL town?
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Rackets”