60%

Total votes: 10
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 74
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Re: Avatar The Last Airbender Mafia

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Sorry. Got caught up at work/warhammer Not sure who I would have voted for as I didn’t have strong feelings about any of them.

Still feel bad tho.
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 24

Post by DrWilgy »

:disappoint:

How about we hit an actual scum in Cass/Cayvie then yeet the teammate on Jiwon's wagon.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
cayvie
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 197
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by cayvie »

DrWilgy wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:13 pm :disappoint:

How about we hit an actual scum in Cass/Cayvie then yeet the teammate on Jiwon's wagon.
is that your read of the EOD movements there?
cayvie
Corrupt Union Official

Post by cayvie »

you think i'm partners with cass? doesn't make much sense to me with how things shook out there.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Hey [mention]Marcher Jovian[/mention]

Shame Shep had to sub out. It’s been nice seeing her again on discord and mafia games.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Shel*
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 86
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Aw shit I forgot again

Tutuu is the greatest mafia player in the whole world!!!!!
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
cassowary
Posts in topic: 78
Preferred Pronouns: she or they

Post by cassowary »

Marcher Jovian wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:41 pm
cassowary wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:03 amI stand by my LC vote at the time, and I still find his... aggressive response to suspicions of him a little strange, but also I don't know him and maybe this is just how he is always? The people who know him don't seem concerned, at least.
underlined reads like a wolf unhappy that they can't just get away with an easy policy-esque vote
Really? I think I've explained why I voted for LC pretty thoroughly. How does this come across as policy-esque to you?

What makes you so confident about this?

---

To be real here, this is going to sound kind of silly, but I think part of the reason people who played with me before are reading me badly on tone is because we just (like, last week) finished a game that lasted like 3 months, where it was only my second time playing mafia, and I survived almost to the end of the game, so I think I had to adjust the way I usually reason about the game to make that work. I think I'm still having a bit of trouble getting back into the town mindset, like, I have to actually put effort into thinking about the game state and not throw shade at random people just to try to get them killed?? Lame!! ;) I hope that makes sense. Like, I've still got to change gears in my brain a little bit, so I might be coming across different than usual. But maybe for example I should cut chardonnay etc some slack on reading me as vaguely suspicious. Sorry guys.
cayvie
Corrupt Union Official

Post by cayvie »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:14 pm Hey @Marcher Jovian

Shame Shep had to sub out. It’s been nice seeing her again on discord and mafia games.
man you just made me jelly that you get to play with shepp again soon
Marcher Jovian
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 41
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by Marcher Jovian »

cassowary wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:19 pm
Marcher Jovian wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:41 pm
cassowary wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:03 amI stand by my LC vote at the time, and I still find his... aggressive response to suspicions of him a little strange, but also I don't know him and maybe this is just how he is always? The people who know him don't seem concerned, at least.
underlined reads like a wolf unhappy that they can't just get away with an easy policy-esque vote
Really? I think I've explained why I voted for LC pretty thoroughly. How does this come across as policy-esque to you?

What makes you so confident about this?

---

To be real here, this is going to sound kind of silly, but I think part of the reason people who played with me before are reading me badly on tone is because we just (like, last week) finished a game that lasted like 3 months, where it was only my second time playing mafia, and I survived almost to the end of the game, so I think I had to adjust the way I usually reason about the game to make that work. I think I'm still having a bit of trouble getting back into the town mindset, like, I have to actually put effort into thinking about the game state and not throw shade at random people just to try to get them killed?? Lame!! ;) I hope that makes sense. Like, I've still got to change gears in my brain a little bit, so I might be coming across different than usual. But maybe for example I should cut chardonnay etc some slack on reading me as vaguely suspicious. Sorry guys.
Maybe policy isn't the right word but it felt like you were talking less about why LC is a wolf and more about why LC is weird and suspicious — like you said you say you're standing by your read and then you immediately start undermining your own arguments and saying oh everything I was wolfreading was just personality stuff. Your argument also doesn't really mesh with the reason you gave for your vote? Like you justified it based off of agreeing to much and mechanics talk and generally being too passive it seems like you're arguing the opposite right now. There's a weird mindset thing, shouldn't people saying lc tends to be an agressive player make you more suspicious of a slow start, not less?

cass's original vote for reference:
cassowary wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:59 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:22 pm
cassowary wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:32 pm
chardonnay wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:20 amHaving played with PSInightmare before im surprised that your takeaway is a scum lean. I'm thinking shes town tbh
I mean I said 'maybe slight' scum lean. I do find it interesting that other people jumped on it so quickly, though.

I do think reading too much into psi's tone is ill-advised though. That wasn't my intent with my callout of her. I can confirm as well that she always writes like this. But also, I feel like she was good at using her posting style to her advantage when she was mafia before, so I feel wary of TRing her based on this as you seem to be?

Still, I'm not sure she's my prime suspect atm. Going to go back and read over the thread more carefully.
Wait, you have meta experience with PSI? Why did you wait to mention this now, and not when you made that post saying you suspected her?

I followed your first post about her, but I don't have meta experience with PSI. The other guy who does have it defended her after I made that case. But now that people are calling the case in question, you decide to remind us that you know her meta and change your read to a more null one?

:suspish:
Uh, sort of? Carotte asked me specifically for reads on the people I already did have meta experience with, but most of them hadn't really made any posts, and I wanted to have something rather than just saying 'they're all null!' This was kinda my strongest feeling at the time based on the, like, 3 posts the people I already knew had made. But to be honest I'm not super attached to this read so... ehh.

The read wasn't based on tone/writing style, bc I do know she always writes like this. I understand people who don't know her reading her tone as suspicious, but my read was based more on the fact that she seemed to not be trying to have her reads stand out. I feel like chardonnay may have confused my post and your post on PSI and thought that I was calling out PSI's tone, which I was not, even if I was pointing at the same post. But at the same time I disagree with chardonnay here that the tone is a meta reason to townread her either, because she's good at maintaining that tone regardless of alignment ime.

@chardonnay you didn't really specify why you're feeling psi as town beyond 'she often comes across as appeasing' -- could you go into more detail? For me, meta experience would seem to imply she should be floating somewhere around the middle, I'm not sure where you're getting town from.

---

Re the other stuff going on:

Count me in as not a fan of Jiwon's posting this game either. "inactivity is NAI" doesn't apply when the person is posting but just choosing not to engage.

I don't really see the suspicion of cayvie, or at least I don't see myself voting for Cayvie today when there are better options on the table.

I can also get behind the LC wagon. I don't feel like he's contributed a whole lot of original stuff beyond mechanical speculation and agreeing with other people's reads.

I'll do [VOTE: long con] aubergine for now.

also why does it say aubergine whenever people vote lol
PSINightmareEmpower
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 51
Preferred Pronouns: She/her

Post by PSINightmareEmpower »

Okay, I legitimately did not know we'd be allowed to post during the Night phase. I mean, I saw the whole "33 post cap for nights" part, but I never really registered that. I guess I'll never get a moment of peace will I

I also forgot that the person with the most votes would get chopped even if they weren't at majority. That's not how it works on Starmen (although it actually probably should, we've had waaay too many abstains on that site).

So anyway, the fact that Jiwon flipped town does not really surprise me, and I'm a bit relieved that they were vanilla town so we didn't lose anyone super valuable, but I do think we should take a look at that wagon (VCA enclosed below).
I am townreading Alison and her reasoning makes sense, so I don't think (yet) that her vote was intentionally misleading.

Carot didn't really have solid reasoning, but I don't think anyone really did outside of Alison. There isn't much you can do with inactives. She was really willing to vote almost anyone by that point in time. I can see Carot's vote coming from either alignment.

Marcher's vote is kind of odd. I didn't catch the reasoning for their vote? They said "I want cass over neutron":https://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewt ... 41#p658541, and a bit later "will probably vote jiwon ovver djns":https://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewt ... 59#p658559, and then immediately after switches over to Jiwon. Why? Weren't they content with Cassowary? And why so resistant to Neutron? This gives me a little reason to suspect them.

Cass's vote is I believe just a self-preservation vote, so I can't fault them there. Probably NAI.

I personally like Fatmo's logic for voting Jiwon. They really seem like they thought hard about who to vote but also feel bad that they couldn't provide the best reasoning. While it certainly isn't out of the question that Fatmo is a wolf, this does kind of solidify my townread of them.

Last is Dov, who simply didn't even give any indication of his vote. He slips into the thread and admits he just skimmed the reasoning behind Jiwon and hopped on. I want to read this as scum trying to discreetly push the chop through. It's very suspicious to me. However, if he is a complete newbie, I can maybe let it slide? I think he may have been told in the scumchat to jump on the wagon though.
All right, yeah, got a couple of suspects to vote/take a look at Day 2 based off of this info, plus I still suspect U-G.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:46 pm
PSINightmareEmpower wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:28 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:25 pm
PSINightmareEmpower wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:17 pm Ugh. Neither of the alternate viable wagons look good to me, but I know U-G isn't popular enough to go through right now. I have to switch, but I don't know to whom.

Jiwon isn't doing anything for me. I'm all right with it, but not personally sold on it. Clearing out the inactives is important though, so maybe I should?

I can't vote Cass in good conscience. I haven't done enough research on them to confidently place a vote. It's just a sheep read I'd do as mafia so I can't vote them until I've done my research, and I don't have time to do research before EoD.

...Jiwon it is.

[VOTE: JiwonMeganPark] aubergine
There are 2 votes on UG, that's hardly "not popular enough" in my book.
The majority of people have said that they think U-G is town or null at best, while they seem more open to Jiwon or Cass. I'm saying I don't think it'll get past 3 votes.
You have over two hours. The difference from your UG to the top wagon after you vote is just 2 votes. If you can't sell your own case, who is going to do that for you?

Selling cases is part of the skill of being a townie. You posted early that last game you read the scum correctly but people didn't follow you. Maybe they didn't follow you because you didn't try to get others to follow you?
To be fair, I wasn't dropping the flip forever, just for D1.

Like you said, my case is super tinfoil-y. It's based off of something that more intuitive players tend to see than analytical players, because it's based off of my gut feelings about a reaction, not a real *case*, if you know what I mean. I think that's why Nutella saw what I saw, while most other people didn't--because we have a similar playstyle. I can't sell a case that's based off of gut, because not everyone *feels* the same way I do.

Also I legit forgot that we didn't need to reach majority to push it through, so that's why I gave up so quickly.

(For the record, in that recent game where I correctly identified a wolf, we did actually get about 1-2 votes away from flipping the wolf; like I said earlier in this post, on Starmen, you can't get a chop through unless it's reached majority. Also, we did get rid of that wolf, it was just after I got NKed and they'd been red checked. Thought the details might be helpful for you.)
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:54 pm
PSINightmareEmpower wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:41 pm All right guys, I have to go and I won't be back for EoD. @Townies If you haven't voted yet, you should vote. Trust your instincts, make good decisions. I'll see you on Day 2.
I expect to see you next game telling tales about how you knew who the scum was in Avatar but nobody listened to you again.

Assuming UG is scum, that is.
Oh trust me, I will. :shifty:
cassowary wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:19 pmTo be real here, this is going to sound kind of silly, but I think part of the reason people who played with me before are reading me badly on tone is because we just (like, last week) finished a game that lasted like 3 months, where it was only my second time playing mafia, and I survived almost to the end of the game, so I think I had to adjust the way I usually reason about the game to make that work. I think I'm still having a bit of trouble getting back into the town mindset, like, I have to actually put effort into thinking about the game state and not throw shade at random people just to try to get them killed?? Lame!! ;) I hope that makes sense. Like, I've still got to change gears in my brain a little bit, so I might be coming across different than usual. But maybe for example I should cut chardonnay etc some slack on reading me as vaguely suspicious. Sorry guys.
As sus as this looks, I kinda believe it. Especially since you've hardly ever played as mafia so you really had to alter your mindset for it. In fact, when I roll mafia again I might just accidentally start bussing my buddies because I want to help town. So yeah, this makes sense to me, in a really weird way. Maybe I'll move you to super super light scumlean!
chardonnay
The Mark
Posts in topic: 175

Post by chardonnay »

While I was away from the game today I was wondering if the lack of wagon cohesion throughout most the day was due to mafia not being on the chopping block. If it never seemed liked wagonics really pulled much until the final moments. So if Jiwon/Cassowary were both town then mafia has no need to raise a counter wagon. THe only hole is that it could be argued that Jiwon was the counter wagon to Cassowary.

Were there any other players today that went above 3 votes other then Jiwon/Cassowary?

Also I saw something Carotte said that bothered me, but I need to find it again.
hi-lo
cayvie
Corrupt Union Official

Post by cayvie »

chardonnay wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:30 pm While I was away from the game today I was wondering if the lack of wagon cohesion throughout most the day was due to mafia not being on the chopping block. If it never seemed liked wagonics really pulled much until the final moments. So if Jiwon/Cassowary were both town then mafia has no need to raise a counter wagon. THe only hole is that it could be argued that Jiwon was the counter wagon to Cassowary.

Were there any other players today that went above 3 votes other then Jiwon/Cassowary?

Also I saw something Carotte said that bothered me, but I need to find it again.
there was one point where it was 5/4/4, jiwon/cass/dj neutron star

also when i woke up this morning it was 7/4 jiwon/cass and seemed to be holding pretty steady there. i moved to cass to make it 6/5 (with kind of similar thoughts to you, tbh, the thread felt stale), and that's when some new stuff started happening. ddl led a flash wagon onto DJNS that some of us joined that got up to 4. during this, dov and MJ went onto jiwon, to put him firmly in the lead.

at least that's my recollection of how EOD voting went.
cayvie
Corrupt Union Official

Post by cayvie »

it's my guess that exactly one of cass/djns is mafia, and that--if this is the case--at least one of mj and dov is mafia.
chardonnay
The Mark

Post by chardonnay »

Carotenoid wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:37 am @chardonnay - Mostly liked the cassowary push because I had the same thoughts, rest seemed okay to me. Reevaluate if cassowary flips town (btw these two just wolfed together so I tend to think they know what each other's scum game can be like)
Yeah I didn't like this point. Laying the ground work for a mutually exclusive relationship between me and Cass. plus the benefit of hinging a TR on a shared a read is if that read is wrong then she can back out of the TR no prob.

Pre-edit

yeah I see that now, I was skimming thread backwards to see the flip first

There were more ups and downs then I assumed,
hi-lo
chardonnay
The Mark

Post by chardonnay »

cayvie wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:43 pm it's my guess that exactly one of cass/djns is mafia, and that--if this is the case--at least one of mj and dov is mafia.
Ill look into it as I read. Thanks.

Also this is the first time I;ve played a mafia game where the flip was not majority based. I think this is a better system tbh.
hi-lo
PSINightmareEmpower
Stool Pigeon

cayvie wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:43 pm it's my guess that exactly one of cass/djns is mafia, and that--if this is the case--at least one of mj and dov is mafia.
I def agree with this. Right now I'm thinking Neutron/Marcher is probably w/w, and if one flips wolf I'd like to go for the other. If Neutron flips civ I do think there's a good chance Marcher is still wolf, because sometimes scum will oppose a town wagon hoping to get towncred for knowing they'd flip town.

Pretty sure I just think Marcher is wolf no matter what.

I do think U-G/Neutron can't be w/w though. I don't think Wolf!U-G comes into the thread and does his first ISO on his scumbuddy, then "puts a gun to his head" and reads her as scum.

Dov has fewer associations imo. I think Dov works as w/w with Cass, Neutron, or Marcher, or even all three. But I'm less strong on him being wolf bc I've seen town like him too often. I'd much rather flip one of the other 3 first.

Cass is prooobably not w/w with U-G either, but I could be mistaken.

Sorry for all the pre-flip associations. Just thinking aloud right now.
PSINightmareEmpower
Stool Pigeon

Current reads, in order, are:

Strong to moderate townlean:
Alison
Nutella
Cayvie

Mild townlean:
Fatmo
DDL
Chard

Null w/ slight towniness:
Cass
Jack

Total null:
DrWilgy
LC

Null w/ slight scumminess:
Carot

Mild scumlean:
Dov
U-G

Moderate to strong scumlean:
Neutron
Marcher

Sorry I have so many categories X_X My reads are very specific and I can't divide them up with any fewer categories. It would probably be easier if I could use colors like I do on Starmen.
PSINightmareEmpower
Stool Pigeon

Alison
Nutella
Cayvie
Fatmo
DDL
Chard
Cass
Jack
DrWilgy
LC
Carot
Dov
U-G
Neutron
Marcher

I have just discovered colors. Have a revised version.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 86
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

p much full agreement
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
dov
Posts in topic: 27
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by dov »

:pout: why is everyone assuming i'm scumlean
how do I deem myself worthy for y'all
cayvie
Corrupt Union Official

Post by cayvie »

dov wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:26 am :pout: why is everyone assuming i'm scumlean
talk to us :D

talk me thru your thought process, how you decided to vote when you did.

how much of the thread have you read? does anything stick out to you?
dov

Post by dov »

cayvie wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:48 am
dov wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:26 am :pout: why is everyone assuming i'm scumlean

when I voted, I kind of just wanted to go towards a majority because in all honesty, I just saw people talking about jiwon as i scrolled through and i saw carotenoid voted for him, and i seem to trust her decision even though i'm not realizing that she might be scum :shrug:
i haven't read all of the thread, however, the things that do stick out to me is that there is a slow mentality conforming with everyone, but i feel as if nutella and psi might be scumlean since they're kinda auto-clearing each other as town and assimilating their ideas to one another while leading most of the thread as "town"
kinda sus about that, but i genuinely don't know lmao
chardonnay
The Mark

Post by chardonnay »

nutella wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:33 pm Still don't really get the near universal Cass scumread. I feel gut towny about them. But maybe if everyone else sees something I'm not they could be onto something. Idk trusting my gut for now.
nutella wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:42 pm oh no another cass vote

will move back to jiwon to save cass if needed lol i just townread them :shrug2:
I could see Cassowary/Nutella togather. I've sometimes been miffed at seeing a parthner getting hard scum read early game for reasons that don't make sense. This post give me that kinda vibe.

-/-/-/-/-
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:27 pm Starting to 2nd guess cass lynch and wanting to jump on Neutron instead
I like the dynamic energy behind this transition from cass to Neutron.

In a theoretical where Cassowary is town then this points to town DDL b/c DDL passes up ready made wagons for a fledgling Neutron Wagon. There no real need to do that as scum. This point is dismissed if Cassowarry is scum lord tho.

I could also poise this same argument for Cayvie who follows DDL making Neutron nearly viable I believe... then Nutella and PSInightmare actually making it viable.

Nutella looks good if Cass is town, but looks bad if Cass is scum. She had some in thread push keep Cassowary alive.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:22 pm I think someone tried and succeeded at stopping my DJ CFD attempt.

Jovian showing up and suddenly being for every wagon except DJ is suspicious af.
I agree with this. It didn't seem like he really agnkowlged the Neutron wagon at all. IDK about the Dov coaching point later b/c newbies can be hit and miss as far as what they can take and run with from their more experienced buddies. Dov seems pretty lost, like legitimately? lol

-/-/--

THe whole Eod could be broken down as:

Nuetron/Jovian OR Cassowary/Nuetlla/Im wrong on at least one of my TRs

Personally I'd rather believe my Town reads are accurate.
hi-lo
chardonnay
The Mark

Post by chardonnay »

dov wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:02 am

when I voted, I kind of just wanted to go towards a majority because in all honesty, I just saw people talking about jiwon as i scrolled through and i saw carotenoid voted for him, and i seem to trust her decision even though i'm not realizing that she might be scum :shrug:
i haven't read all of the thread, however, the things that do stick out to me is that there is a slow mentality conforming with everyone, but i feel as if nutella and psi might be scumlean since they're kinda auto-clearing each other as town and assimilating their ideas to one another while leading most of the thread as "town"
Why did you trust Carotte's vote then?

Can you pull up any examples for the PSI/Nutella team you see?

Don't worry about reads being wrong, or right, at this stage participation helps you make the right choice later. Also asking other players questions is another thing I recommend trying. :)
hi-lo
dov

Post by dov »

chardonnay wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:17 am
dov wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:02 am

Why did you trust Carotte's vote then?

Can you pull up any examples for the PSI/Nutella team you see?

Don't worry about reads being wrong, or right, at this stage participation helps you make the right choice later. Also asking other players questions is another thing I recommend trying. :)
I trusted Carotte's vote because she's the one who kinda got me into this haha so I just assumed she knows what she's doing, but probably not the best basis.
PSI/Nutella team literally just comes from their own reads being biased towards one another, but I really don't know and don't want to accuse anyone too harshly lmao
chardonnay
The Mark

Post by chardonnay »

Fatmo wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:35 pm How do I vote here? Is there a button that makes that vote tag? I know you have to vote in the poll too.

I’m going to vote JIWON because they really just don’t seem interested/invested in the game, and have given no indication that they are interested in being interested. Could be that they don’t play often and aren’t in a playing rhythm, and doubly so because they drew mafia so can’t even muster the energy to try to pretend to solve.

Also, 75% of that wagon is made up of my early gut townleans. I guess I’m kind of sheeping there too, but I do feel there’s enough logic to this vote. D1 is always so hard, with no info from past flips or anything like that to look into. So I’ll feel decent going with this group.

I do have to run again, but will be back to vote once I figure out how to do it.
I don't get the town reads lol. Over explanations, and lack of confidence, are things mafia can have just as easily as town can. At best Fatmo is just null to me.

[mention]Fatmo[/mention]

You said in your OP that this game you are trying a new style. What was your previous style? If you're comfortable I might like to peek at your Home Site as well.

-/-/-/-/
Carotenoid wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:03 am
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:24 am Ok caught up

So psi made that huge post about UG and I thought she made a bunch of leaps of logic and unlikely assumptions there. Some serious tinfoiling coupled with early teammate association which is something I usually avoid. All of this is to say while I don't feel inclined to follow Psi on that case I'm townreading her a lot now because I normally don't expect scum to tinfoil like this. That said, keep doing your thing Psi, sooner or later a tinfoil hits something.

On the case itself, I didn't feel much about that post from UG that Psi had an issue about, but I disliked the later post with a lot of REALLYs that UG made and nutella pointed out to. Might have voted UG for it. But then carot said she's well within her meta so meh.
Why do you avoid tinfoil but recommend PSINE to keep doing it "because it's going to hit at some point"?
This is a pedantic line of questioning. Carotte had some other questions poised early that didn’t really seem to go anywhere, but those were excusable as not a lot was going on atm.
Carotenoid wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:43 am
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:17 am
Two is a pattern.

I'm saying it's convenient. You have done other stuff, but some of the stuff you have done is convenient. And I decided to point that out. I'm not reducing anything, but it's good for the thread to know that you took a role that lets you say things that are NAI for you, just in case.
hmn this just seems like a really weird direction for you to take because I don't think we're nearly around the time where tinfoils are a thing

I don't think it's NAI and just convenient because I was trying to influence other people's read and take responsibility in it.
I think it's fairly easy to read into it: Why would I want to deflect suspicions on PSINE and UG? What do I gain from that? Does it seem like I have some underlying motivations?
Wouldn't a townie meta TR a fellow townie for the sake of preserving that slot?

This reads more like Carotte did it for the immediate town cred. Perhaps long term planting herself as town heart.

I've definitely hard defended townie familiars as mafia for the above reason before.

-/-/-/--/
cassowary wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:28 pm
chardonnay wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:40 am But im also most confidant that cassowary is flipping mafia, and I don't really want to neglect that wagon.
Why though? Why this unearned confidence? Just because I found psi suspicious at the beginning and vague stuff about tone? How did I go from "scum I guess lol" to "confidently mafia"?? Where is this coming from?
There are certain things I expect from town you that you haven't really done so far. Im sorry but I cant elaborate past that rn.

What did you think of EoD1 stuff?
hi-lo
chardonnay
The Mark

Post by chardonnay »

dov wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:29 am
I trusted Carotte's vote because she's the one who kinda got me into this haha so I just assumed she knows what she's doing, but probably not the best basis.
PSI/Nutella team literally just comes from their own reads being biased towards one another, but I really don't know and don't want to accuse anyone too harshly lmao
Yeah, I wouldn't trust my friends right out the gate if I were you.

You're breaking out your insights p gently imo. I don't think you're at risk of offending anybody.

This is your first mafia game correct? what sorta things has Carrot told you about the game, or that you looked up yourself?
hi-lo
chardonnay
The Mark

Post by chardonnay »

Aww I guess DoV had to go.

Im partially concerned that his intsa trust in Carrot is b/c he randed mafia, and knew she was town from the start.

But I feel inclined to not jump on him, as he is probably easily sorted over time. A lot of new players are.
hi-lo
chardonnay
The Mark

Post by chardonnay »

Wigly reads more like stuborn/jilted town to me.

And I still like early posts as town lookin' ones as well.

-/-/-/-/-/

Still confidant in my UG TR

-/-/-/--

Does anybody know if Jack of Hearts normally plays a subdued game?

Hes has v little thread presence, and nobody seems to pay him any mind.
hi-lo
chardonnay
The Mark

Post by chardonnay »

What site norm for scum team size? Like how big a town bloc would i need to make it so that winning is literily just flipping the folks not inside the bloc? lol

-/-/-/-

[mention]PSInightmare[/mention]

explain your Nutella read again please?

-/-/-/-

GN guys, see you tomarrow.
hi-lo
dov

Post by dov »

chardonnay wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:33 am

You're breaking out your insights p gently imo. I don't think you're at risk of offending anybody.

This is your first mafia game correct? what sorta things has Carrot told you about the game, or that you looked up yourself?
Sorry was working on calculus work. Carrote told me about how to sign up and basically how this all works and I essentially made fun of her because I've played Town of Salem in the past and I just thought that the idea of this seems too elongating haha. She linked me the intro threads and helped me register, but besides that not too much. I'm basically just using my knowledge from Town of Salem and playing Mafia during classroom activities a few years ago, even though I am well aware that they aren't all that similar.
Anyways, I'm heading to sleep now. Good night and hopefully I don't forget about this thread like earlier lmao
DJ Neutron Star
Posts in topic: 19
Preferred Pronouns: he/him, she/her

Post by DJ Neutron Star »

i'm extremely spoiled by having meta on the folks i play with and i think i just assumed i'd be able to read the ppl i know and be carried when it came to other players.

i guess me existing here fucked that plan up huh
DJ Neutron Star

i couldn't sleep so i opened up a notepad and kinda just went off for a bit about whatever came to mind wrt the game

i'm just pasting it here with minimal editing because i have nothing better to do
a point that cassowary made about chardonnay's handling of their slot has been sticking out in my head and i'm a little more amenable to listening to cassowary and a little less amenable to listening to chardonnay atm

nutella i essentially don't care about atm; her posts are hard for me to read individually to identify alignment and i get the impression i'd just have to leave her alone and compare reads/handling of reads to flips that occur

i'm currently light townreading Long Con's apparent low tolerance for bullshit— i don't know LC's meta and worried a lot about this being a thought i'm not qualified to have because of that, but it's still a thought that exists so whatever

i do see and understand atm what folks dislike about the other people who'd voted for cassowary that i didn't notice because i wasn't paying attention to the way the votes came in. rip me lol

drwilgy was a townread at one point but i can't for the life of me remember why, so i guess not anymore!

like honestly a lot of my early reads i'm not sure if they were just fever dreams or actually happened considering i went out of my way to ignore a lot of them and don't have any records, but i swear i looked at drwilgy's iso at one point and decided "this is town" and i just can't replicate that anymore
DDL's only really different on gut alone, him being town is totally a Neutron Style Read^TM where i can read his posts or think his name in my head and immediately say "town" and i'm just rolling with it
does that make sense? no, not at all. but it's 6:30 and i'm just writing atm, and i can't imagine anyone particularly cares about what a common scumread thinks anyway so i don't feel bad saying whatever the hell comes to mind

some other people exist ig but i don't especially care
i don't have any interest in having thoughts on anyone else right now
DJ Neutron Star

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:27 pm
DJ Neutron Star wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:33 pm
cassowary wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:17 am
DJ Neutron Star wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:05 am it reads like cassowary just sort of choosing someone who was being voted and naming some generic scumtell that could apply to them at the time
Excuse double post here, I'm on my phone so quoting is annoying, but this is not why I voted LC. Perhaps I should have made my case using more quotes of LC at the time, but his ISO at the time was like mostly mechanical speculation (elements and hypothetical vote-restricted mafia role) and a couple off topic posts, then he sort of vaguely agreed with the psi case, then suddenly jumped back in with a vote on Cayvie. It kind of read to me as all over the place, like he wasn't really paying attention to the thread very much.

He's had more to say now though, but that was my reasoning at the time. Just want to clear that up.
could you elaborate on what it is you continue to not like about Long Con beyond just affirming you don't like him/think he's strange?
I really don't like this post. I understood cass's motivations for suspecting LC very early from that post. She lists him as mostly talking mechanics, making off-topic posts and not paying attention to the thread. She definitely doesn't "just affirm she thinks he is strange".

I'm not sure I believe you actually believe in that.
That was in fact exactly what i believed but i get the impression you aren't taking my word for it
DJ Neutron Star

i'd be lying if i said i wasn't pissed and i imagine that's obvious

tbh i was probably worrying myself way too much with meeting some skill level or standard of towniness or something that i wasn't entirely comprehending

it seems i failed pretty spectacularly at that but honestly it makes it a lot easier to not give a shit

i'll see about having thoughts about the other half of the game after i get some sleep, but no promises ngl
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 160
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

DJ Neutron Star wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:48 am
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:27 pm
DJ Neutron Star wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:33 pm
cassowary wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:17 am
DJ Neutron Star wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:05 am it reads like cassowary just sort of choosing someone who was being voted and naming some generic scumtell that could apply to them at the time
Excuse double post here, I'm on my phone so quoting is annoying, but this is not why I voted LC. Perhaps I should have made my case using more quotes of LC at the time, but his ISO at the time was like mostly mechanical speculation (elements and hypothetical vote-restricted mafia role) and a couple off topic posts, then he sort of vaguely agreed with the psi case, then suddenly jumped back in with a vote on Cayvie. It kind of read to me as all over the place, like he wasn't really paying attention to the thread very much.

He's had more to say now though, but that was my reasoning at the time. Just want to clear that up.
could you elaborate on what it is you continue to not like about Long Con beyond just affirming you don't like him/think he's strange?
I really don't like this post. I understood cass's motivations for suspecting LC very early from that post. She lists him as mostly talking mechanics, making off-topic posts and not paying attention to the thread. She definitely doesn't "just affirm she thinks he is strange".

I'm not sure I believe you actually believe in that.
That was in fact exactly what i believed but i get the impression you aren't taking my word for it
It could help if you tried to explain the huge discrepancy between the post from cass you quoted and the way you described it yourself.

Instead of just replying to the conclusion of my post and skipping the part where I point out that discrepancy.

It felt to me like a scum who is parked into a townie wagon throwing extra shit on it to help keep the wagon moving. Since the wagon is already big you didn't need to make much effort to it.
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 85

Post by Alison »

nutella wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:25 pm
Carotenoid wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:16 pm oh I realized EoD is at 3 EDT, I might not be able to be around

I still don't feel very good about DDL's posting, would definitely vote here if it picked up. I'm also interested in the reasons some people are townreading him (?)

I don't think UG is a good vote today because their tone is well within town range and he's going to be much more readable soon I think.

Between cassowary and Jiwon I think I'd prefer a Jiwon flip but *eh*
Carotenoid wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:38 am [VOTE: Jiwon] aubergine

Hmn I realized that I might not be able to be around for EoD :/
Anyway. I think my preferred flip is Jiwon. Would be okay with cassowary, DDL or DJ too. Don't want to flip cayvie or UG.
Uh. The repeated wording of "oh just realized I might not be around" is super weird to me. How do you "just realize" something twice? Did you forget you had already realized it? Perhaps you thought you had only already said it somewhere other than the game thread?? :eye:
I don't believe you legitimately believe in this reach. :eye:
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

dov wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:15 am
chardonnay wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:33 am

Sorry was working on calculus work. Carrote told me about how to sign up and basically how this all works and I essentially made fun of her because I've played Town of Salem in the past and I just thought that the idea of this seems too elongating haha. She linked me the intro threads and helped me register, but besides that not too much. I'm basically just using my knowledge from Town of Salem and playing Mafia during classroom activities a few years ago, even though I am well aware that they aren't all that similar.
Anyways, I'm heading to sleep now. Good night and hopefully I don't forget about this thread like earlier lmao
Afasik ToS is the same game with slightly different mechanics and it only has a different name so someone can make money off it.
Alison

Post by Alison »

nutella wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:47 pm
cayvie wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:47 pm i was getting dadv vibes from the jiwon wagon, and things have gotten way more lively since i switched.
idk i don't really believe in dadv anymore, I feel like I've seen runaways hit scum a lot more often recently
I've never believed in DADV. It just doesn't match up with my experiences. Dead air means that the players in the thread have resigned themseleves to this being the course of action to take. It could be the thread convinced that the wagon target is mafia and the actual mafia letting them, or it could be the thread nailing a mafia member and all their buddies resigning themselves to bus.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

chardonnay wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:46 am

Wigly reads more like stuborn/jilted town to me.

And I still like early posts as town lookin' ones as well.

-/-/-/-/-/

Still confidant in my UG TR

-/-/-/--

Does anybody know if Jack of Hearts normally plays a subdued game?

Hes has v little thread presence, and nobody seems to pay him any mind.
He's either subdued or he's all over the place being super confident with his reads, and it's hard to predict what causes him to change. I've gotten screw up by trying to meta read him on that before. Maybe he's just busy, or he's uninspired but will be more inspired later.
Alison

Post by Alison »

nutella wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:56 pm love how LC left a lone vote that doesn't matter before going afk (((::::
Yeah, I'm downgrading LC to scumlean because of this.

I went ahead a bit in my catchup to peek at the Jiwon flip. The townflip is unfortunate, but I'm not kicking myself for a bad read - Jiwon played in a scummy way and got flipped for it. Sometimes it's town doing that, but they really gave me nothing to help me find them with. On the other hand DDL looks good off the flip. Scum have no reason to try hard to start a counterwagon in that position, and my judgement is that it was a genuine attempt at counterwagoning because he believed Neutron was a wolf, not an attempt to create empty space to hide on so he would have his hands clean of a town exe.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

DJ Neutron Star wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:42 am i'm extremely spoiled by having meta on the folks i play with and i think i just assumed i'd be able to read the ppl i know and be carried when it came to other players.

i guess me existing here fucked that plan up huh
This post sounds artificial.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:22 pm dov may have been coached by a scumchat too
Can you talk about this to me a little bit?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Alison wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:20 am
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:22 pm dov may have been coached by a scumchat too
Can you talk about this to me a little bit?
Dude is new to mafia, hasn't read anything. He comes online, enters his wolf chat chat and the people in there are desperate about DJ (or maybe cass) getting chopped. Dov asks "how can I help?". They tell him to vote Jiwon.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

DJ Neutron Star wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:01 am tbh i was probably worrying myself way too much with meeting some skill level or standard of towniness or something that i wasn't entirely comprehending
Don't give a damn about that.

Just write accusations that make sense.
Alison

Post by Alison »

I had some reason to townread Marcher Jovian but I can't remember what it is and going over their ISO doesn't jog my memory so I'm just going to assume that if I can't remember it then it's not important. They can go in the scumlean pile for taking over an inactive slot and then doing nothing to make me townread them.

linki: DDL, I trust you and I like that theory. dov goes into the scumpile.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Only reason I'm not calling this a DJ/dov/Jovian scumteam is that it seems too easy. Also kind of dumb for mafia to out themselves like that. I'm gonna bet at least one of my two predicted "saves " (jovian/dov) was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

But hey, these are CFDs for you, their purpose is to crack mafia teamwork.

By the way, chad asked and I'm not sure if this site has a constant proportion of scum, but in general we lean to few amounts of scum. That said, Nanook joined this site recently and it's likely he's just applying his own standards here. My guess is 3 or 4 scum. If I were the host it would be 4.
Alison

Post by Alison »

I think this kind of extremely specific read without any given reasoning is probably townie from cayvie. I wouldn't gamble the game on it but mafia usually give specific reads in order to push an agenda and this seems more like a townie trying to puzzle things out than mafia pushing some narrative. It also helps that I agree with some of it.

I like DDL for the Neutron wagon, and despite not liking nutella's reach I think it's within her town range and the way she eagerly hopped on Neutron wagon and followed DDL was a good look. I won't give nutella full town trusted status yet, but she and cayvie solidly remain in townlean category because of it.

jack is going down a tier for doing nothing D1 after a good start. I've had a low level townread on most everything Fatmo says but nothing that makes me want to lock them, so I'll give them the bottom of my townlean category.
Alison

Post by Alison »

wow this is a bad post

Return to “Previous Rackets”