Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 160
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: Avatar The Last Airbender Mafia

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

DJ Neutron Star wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:33 pm
cassowary wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:17 am
DJ Neutron Star wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:05 am it reads like cassowary just sort of choosing someone who was being voted and naming some generic scumtell that could apply to them at the time
Excuse double post here, I'm on my phone so quoting is annoying, but this is not why I voted LC. Perhaps I should have made my case using more quotes of LC at the time, but his ISO at the time was like mostly mechanical speculation (elements and hypothetical vote-restricted mafia role) and a couple off topic posts, then he sort of vaguely agreed with the psi case, then suddenly jumped back in with a vote on Cayvie. It kind of read to me as all over the place, like he wasn't really paying attention to the thread very much.

He's had more to say now though, but that was my reasoning at the time. Just want to clear that up.
could you elaborate on what it is you continue to not like about Long Con beyond just affirming you don't like him/think he's strange?
I really don't like this post. I understood cass's motivations for suspecting LC very early from that post. She lists him as mostly talking mechanics, making off-topic posts and not paying attention to the thread. She definitely doesn't "just affirm she thinks he is strange".

I'm not sure I believe you actually believe in that.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Starting to 2nd guess cass lynch and wanting to jump on Neutron instead
cayvie
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 197
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by cayvie »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:27 pm Starting to 2nd guess cass lynch and wanting to jump on Neutron instead
not jiwon?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 86
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:27 pm Starting to 2nd guess cass lynch and wanting to jump on Neutron instead
I'd be in favor but doubt it's happening with 30 min left
to the spoiler go the victories:
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Jiwon is the ultimate easy wagon of the game, you lynch a guy who doesn't want to play for not wanting to play. I wanna try harder than that.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

nutella wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:29 pm
I'd be in favor but doubt it's happening with 30 min left
We have done faster CFDs.

[VOTE: Neutron] aubergine
Marcher Jovian
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 41
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by Marcher Jovian »

[mention]cassowary[/mention] do you have any recent games you can point to?
cayvie
Corrupt Union Official

Post by cayvie »

sure, i'm game

[VOTE: DJNS] aubergine
Marcher Jovian
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Marcher Jovian »

cassowary wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:59 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:22 pm
cassowary wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:32 pm
chardonnay wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:20 amHaving played with PSInightmare before im surprised that your takeaway is a scum lean. I'm thinking shes town tbh
I mean I said 'maybe slight' scum lean. I do find it interesting that other people jumped on it so quickly, though.

I do think reading too much into psi's tone is ill-advised though. That wasn't my intent with my callout of her. I can confirm as well that she always writes like this. But also, I feel like she was good at using her posting style to her advantage when she was mafia before, so I feel wary of TRing her based on this as you seem to be?

Still, I'm not sure she's my prime suspect atm. Going to go back and read over the thread more carefully.
Wait, you have meta experience with PSI? Why did you wait to mention this now, and not when you made that post saying you suspected her?

I followed your first post about her, but I don't have meta experience with PSI. The other guy who does have it defended her after I made that case. But now that people are calling the case in question, you decide to remind us that you know her meta and change your read to a more null one?

:suspish:
Uh, sort of? Carotte asked me specifically for reads on the people I already did have meta experience with, but most of them hadn't really made any posts, and I wanted to have something rather than just saying 'they're all null!' This was kinda my strongest feeling at the time based on the, like, 3 posts the people I already knew had made. But to be honest I'm not super attached to this read so... ehh.

The read wasn't based on tone/writing style, bc I do know she always writes like this. I understand people who don't know her reading her tone as suspicious, but my read was based more on the fact that she seemed to not be trying to have her reads stand out. I feel like chardonnay may have confused my post and your post on PSI and thought that I was calling out PSI's tone, which I was not, even if I was pointing at the same post. But at the same time I disagree with chardonnay here that the tone is a meta reason to townread her either, because she's good at maintaining that tone regardless of alignment ime.

@chardonnay you didn't really specify why you're feeling psi as town beyond 'she often comes across as appeasing' -- could you go into more detail? For me, meta experience would seem to imply she should be floating somewhere around the middle, I'm not sure where you're getting town from.

---

Re the other stuff going on:

Count me in as not a fan of Jiwon's posting this game either. "inactivity is NAI" doesn't apply when the person is posting but just choosing not to engage.

I don't really see the suspicion of cayvie, or at least I don't see myself voting for Cayvie today when there are better options on the table.

I can also get behind the LC wagon. I don't feel like he's contributed a whole lot of original stuff beyond mechanical speculation and agreeing with other people's reads.

I'll do [VOTE: long con] aubergine for now.

also why does it say aubergine whenever people vote lol
bolded bit feels like way to many words to just ask "pls explain the why more, also i think chardonnay's tone is just ok but nai" feels meandering and space-filly that just takes a long winding road to null.
cayvie
Corrupt Union Official

Post by cayvie »

[mention]Marcher Jovian[/mention] you know there's like 20 mins left in the day, right?
Marcher Jovian
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Marcher Jovian »

cassowary wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:03 am I concur with Neutron on the futility of tone-reading PSI. (Pedit: but I disagree w/ him on U-G's posts coming from town)

I don't really know how to respond to the description of my playstyle as "reactive" or "trying to blend in." I mean, yes, I am reacting to stuff in the thread and giving my thoughts on it. And if I'm trying to blend, I'm apparently doing a terrible job at it.

Truth be told, I'm generally pretty bad at d1 stuff -- I usually don't really know what to say early on, I tend to do better with solving-type stuff in the later game. And I'm definitely feeling that hard right now.

I guess here's thoughts:

I feel like chardonnay and carotenoid in particular have been pushing me hard into "consensus scumread" territory based on mostly "I just feel like cassowary's posts have a weird tone"-type stuff, which I don't really know how to defend against, but it feels kind of like something you can say without much to back it up.

I stand by my LC vote at the time, and I still find his... aggressive response to suspicions of him a little strange, but also I don't know him and maybe this is just how he is always? The people who know him don't seem concerned, at least.

U-G continues to seem nervous. That paranoid response to the post that wasn't about him was very strange, and this isn't really the kind of tone I normally see from him. I can definitely see these posts coming from a U-G who's nervous at rolling scum on a new site with a bunch of people he doesn't know.

Regarding Jiwon, it's unfortunate that he hasn't contributed literally anything, but in my recent experience that doesn't really mean anything as regards alignment. (It's just Cave of the Past all over again...) So I'm wary of casting a vote based purely on shitpostiness because I've led that charge in the past and been horribly wrong.

I am going to sleep but will be back tomorrow morning before EOD. I'm going to move my vote onto U-G so I'm at least putting it to slightly more productive use??

[VOTE: Ultimate-Gamer] aubergine
underlined reads like a wolf unhappy that they can't just get away with an easy policy-esque vote
underlined italicized reads like a wolf preemptively trying to avoid getting blamed for a vote on town

[VOTE: cassowary] aubergine
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

alright yolo

[VOTE: dj neut] aubergine
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

oh no another cass vote

will move back to jiwon to save cass if needed lol i just townread them :shrug2:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Marcher Jovian
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Marcher Jovian »

nutella wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:42 pm oh no another cass vote

will move back to jiwon to save cass if needed lol i just townread them :shrug2:
why?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I want to know how Jovian zeroed on those specific poets in the middle of the thread 10 min after replacing in.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Marcher Jovian wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:41 pm
cassowary wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:03 am I concur with Neutron on the futility of tone-reading PSI. (Pedit: but I disagree w/ him on U-G's posts coming from town)

I don't really know how to respond to the description of my playstyle as "reactive" or "trying to blend in." I mean, yes, I am reacting to stuff in the thread and giving my thoughts on it. And if I'm trying to blend, I'm apparently doing a terrible job at it.

Truth be told, I'm generally pretty bad at d1 stuff -- I usually don't really know what to say early on, I tend to do better with solving-type stuff in the later game. And I'm definitely feeling that hard right now.

I guess here's thoughts:

I feel like chardonnay and carotenoid in particular have been pushing me hard into "consensus scumread" territory based on mostly "I just feel like cassowary's posts have a weird tone"-type stuff, which I don't really know how to defend against, but it feels kind of like something you can say without much to back it up.

I stand by my LC vote at the time, and I still find his... aggressive response to suspicions of him a little strange, but also I don't know him and maybe this is just how he is always? The people who know him don't seem concerned, at least.

U-G continues to seem nervous. That paranoid response to the post that wasn't about him was very strange, and this isn't really the kind of tone I normally see from him. I can definitely see these posts coming from a U-G who's nervous at rolling scum on a new site with a bunch of people he doesn't know.

Regarding Jiwon, it's unfortunate that he hasn't contributed literally anything, but in my recent experience that doesn't really mean anything as regards alignment. (It's just Cave of the Past all over again...) So I'm wary of casting a vote based purely on shitpostiness because I've led that charge in the past and been horribly wrong.

I am going to sleep but will be back tomorrow morning before EOD. I'm going to move my vote onto U-G so I'm at least putting it to slightly more productive use??

[VOTE: Ultimate-Gamer] aubergine
underlined reads like a wolf unhappy that they can't just get away with an easy policy-esque vote
underlined italicized reads like a wolf preemptively trying to avoid getting blamed for a vote on town

[VOTE: cassowary] aubergine
hmmm
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Marcher Jovian wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:43 pm
nutella wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:42 pm oh no another cass vote

why?
I just do idk lol I see your points but I don't feel it, I get townie vibes from them in general
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Marcher Jovian
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Marcher Jovian »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:43 pm I want to know how Jovian zeroed on those specific poets in the middle of the thread 10 min after replacing in.
https://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/searc ... sf=msgonly
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Reminder Alison's vote may not actually count.
Marcher Jovian
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Marcher Jovian »

I want cassowary over neutron
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Marcher Jovian wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:45 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:43 pm I want to know how Jovian zeroed on those specific poets in the middle of the thread 10 min after replacing in.
So you joined and inmediately started isoing the lead wagons, that's it?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Marcher Jovian wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:45 pm
but why'd you choose to iso them first? or did you iso jiwon and then the second biggest wagon
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
cayvie
Corrupt Union Official

Post by cayvie »

i was getting dadv vibes from the jiwon wagon, and things have gotten way more lively since i switched.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:46 pm Reminder Alison's vote may not actually count.
hrrnnnggg
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

cayvie wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:47 pm i was getting dadv vibes from the jiwon wagon, and things have gotten way more lively since i switched.
idk i don't really believe in dadv anymore, I feel like I've seen runaways hit scum a lot more often recently
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

but now it's not really a runaway since there's opposition eh
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

dadv?
cayvie
Corrupt Union Official

Post by cayvie »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:48 pm dadv?
dead air = dead villager

the thread was stale, which means mafia is happy with the eod situation

or at least that's the theory
PSINightmareEmpower
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 51
Preferred Pronouns: She/her

Post by PSINightmareEmpower »

Oh hey I forgot mobile was a thing

I am a way slower phone typer than computer typer though

Just popping in to say that I am not comfortable with my Jiwon vote and am okay with seeing if we can get Neutron through in 8 minutes.

[VOTE: DJ Neutron Star] aubergine
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Dov just voted jiwon without posting anything
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

in the case alison's vote doesn't count we're at 4/4/4 lolz
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
cayvie
Corrupt Union Official

Post by cayvie »

PSINightmareEmpower wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:53 pm Oh hey I forgot mobile was a thing

Just popping in to say that I am not comfortable with my Jiwon vote and am okay with seeing if we can get Neutron through in 8 minutes.

make sure you actually vote in the poll if you want it to count
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:54 pm Dov just voted jiwon without posting anything
[mention]dov[/mention] hi do you have thoughts? I think carotte said you're new to mafia so I understand if it's overwhelming but would like to know what went into your decision!
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

love how LC left a lone vote that doesn't matter before going afk (((::::
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
PSINightmareEmpower
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 51
Preferred Pronouns: She/her

Post by PSINightmareEmpower »

cayvie wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:54 pm
PSINightmareEmpower wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:53 pm Oh hey I forgot mobile was a thing

make sure you actually vote in the poll if you want it to count
I did, took me a sec to navigate on mobile
Marcher Jovian
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Marcher Jovian »

will probably vote jiwon over djns
Marcher Jovian
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Marcher Jovian »

[VOTE: jiwon] aubergine
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

legacy readlist

town
Alison
Fatmo
PSI
cayvie
Wilgy
chardonnay

townlean
cassowary
DDL

nullish
Jack
LC
Marcher
dov

scumlean
Carotte
DJ Neutron
Jiwon
UG
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Deadline

In case nanook misses it, it is cass 3, neutron 4, jiwon 6.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

[mention]NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME[/mention]
dov
Posts in topic: 27
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by dov »

nutella wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:55 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:54 pm Dov just voted jiwon without posting anything
@dov hi do you have thoughts? I think carotte said you're new to mafia so I understand if it's overwhelming but would like to know what went into your decision!
yeah, I'm new I am sorry I haven't been active past few days, been busy with school. i was reading what other people were saying about jiwon and just hopped on the bandwagon. been having issues with sending messages, so hopefully this goes through
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 31
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

D1 has ended! Votecount is as follows:

Jiwon (6): alison, carot, Marcher, cass, Fatmo, dov
DJ (4): cayvie, DDL, nutella, PSI
Cass (3): wilgy, DJ, chardonnay
Marcher (1): LC
Not Voting (3): jack, jiwon, ultimate gamer

Jiwon was TOWN, and flips:
Monk Gyatso (Air Nomad)

You have no abilities. You are town, and you win when all the mafia are dead.
It is now N1, I will update post caps in the OP soon, everyone has +33 posts from their current total
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

The title of the game is now canon.

He is the last airbender.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I think someone tried and succeeded at stopping my DJ CFD attempt.

Jovian showing up and suddenly being for every wagon except DJ is suspicious af.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

dov may have been coached by a scumchat too
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:22 pm I think someone tried and succeeded at stopping my DJ CFD attempt.

Jovian showing up and suddenly being for every wagon except DJ is suspicious af.
mmmmmm yeah
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

also yeah kinda forgot we had night open hence the "legacy" readlist in case I die lol
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
dov
Posts in topic: 27
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by dov »

Can someone tell me what the following terms are, I'm a bit confused:
town, townlean, nullish, scumlean, and scumchat
cayvie
Corrupt Union Official

Post by cayvie »

dov wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:44 pm Can someone tell me what the following terms are, I'm a bit confused:
town, townlean, nullish, scumlean, and scumchat
"town" (synonyms with "village" and "civilian" etc)
"scum" (also "wolf" and "mafia" etc)

those are terms for the two main alignments in a game of mafia. so if i say "i think you're town" that means "i think you are not mafia"; ie, not trying to kill everyone at night. "nullish" means i'm not sure. "lean" means i'm *leaning* that direction but i'm not as confident.

"scumchat" is where mafia hang out and make their plots. normally players aren't allowed to communicate outside the game thread, but mafia usually can communicate with each other.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Return to “Previous Rackets”