A Moon Shaped Pool
8%

Total votes: 39
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 1518

Re: Radiohead Mafia [DAY 2]

Post by MacDougall »

tedxtr wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:29 am Only 1 wagon dies today Mac, not 2.

We have 2 votes but the top vote getter gets yeeted.
Yes I was explicitly notified that I was post capped. I have reason to believe I was hit with another separate negative night action.

I know we have one yeet (though I would like someone to actually very bluntly state how we know this because I'm not entirely sure) hence why I said vig the other one. It does not matter. I am saying that we yeet one of them and it outs the other's alignment even if we pick wrong. The chance of there being not mafia between them is very low because Nanook has chosen to vote for Sprityo essentially thunderdoming him vs. Sprityo. That he acted first is a good look for him, but that he had zero votes on him until I voted there is not so essentially we need to just yeet the scummier one. In my view that's Sprityo.

I think JPIC is literally just mafia anyway regardless. I don't see two town PR going onto me n1. I was not jailkept clearly. I already caught a watch from Hally. I wouldn't have been tracked (probably wasn't copped). I probably was doctored, but it wasn't JPIC or he'd have just claimed that. In actuality him not claiming doc there is probably confirmation that I actually WAS doctored because it's a much safer and more reasonable claim.

Even if I think JPIC is literally mafia, we only have one yeet today and it's better for the gamestate that we flip one of the others because JPIC self resolves if he is somehow real and from my perspective he's not the only one near lock to be mafia, I think Sprityo is also near lock to be mafia.

I think we flip Sprityo. If he flips mafia it essentially clears Nanook. JPIC probably doesn't die even if he's real because the mafia need us to yeet him tomorrow so they will trade him getting another confirm (or out).

Note in the event of my death: If JPIC does not get a cop check tomorrow, gets yeeted and genuinely flips cop, turbo yeet Tim. 100% without questioning this. Tim essentially would be outed by virtue of encouraging the town to bring through a realcop to the next day knowing that said cop isn't going to get a shot off.
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 151
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Alison wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:03 am
Timsup2nothin wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:00 am So he postcapped Mac and mafia blasted me. I don't see how that changes anything.
So what was Sprityo doing there?
Some other random town role. Mac theorized sprityo was copping him. Or something more exotic and game-specific.
[/quote]

well we didn't believe the first cop
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 393

Post by Oddmerta »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:38 am
tedxtr wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:29 am Only 1 wagon dies today Mac, not 2.

We have 2 votes but the top vote getter gets yeeted.
Yes I was explicitly notified that I was post capped. I have reason to believe I was hit with another separate negative night action.

I know we have one yeet (though I would like someone to actually very bluntly state how we know this because I'm not entirely sure) hence why I said vig the other one. It does not matter. I am saying that we yeet one of them and it outs the other's alignment even if we pick wrong. The chance of there being not mafia between them is very low because Nanook has chosen to vote for Sprityo essentially thunderdoming him vs. Sprityo. That he acted first is a good look for him, but that he had zero votes on him until I voted there is not so essentially we need to just yeet the scummier one. In my view that's Sprityo.

I think JPIC is literally just mafia anyway regardless. I don't see two town PR going onto me n1. I was not jailkept clearly. I already caught a watch from Hally. I wouldn't have been tracked (probably wasn't copped). I probably was doctored, but it wasn't JPIC or he'd have just claimed that. In actuality him not claiming doc there is probably confirmation that I actually WAS doctored because it's a much safer and more reasonable claim.

Even if I think JPIC is literally mafia, we only have one yeet today and it's better for the gamestate that we flip one of the others because JPIC self resolves if he is somehow real and from my perspective he's not the only one near lock to be mafia, I think Sprityo is also near lock to be mafia.

I think we flip Sprityo. If he flips mafia it essentially clears Nanook. JPIC probably doesn't die even if he's real because the mafia need us to yeet him tomorrow so they will trade him getting another confirm (or out).

Note in the event of my death: If JPIC does not get a cop check tomorrow, gets yeeted and genuinely flips cop, turbo yeet Tim. 100% without questioning this. Tim essentially would be outed by virtue of encouraging the town to bring through a realcop to the next day knowing that said cop isn't going to get a shot off.
Let's not

Screw tims suggestion of not lynching super mafia jpic, I am not following any plan put forward by a scum. We get rid of jpic now, there's no telling how dangerous his role really is. When you have a scum in your clutches you vote them up, no geting fancy with it, no exceptions
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 151
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

so there exists a post cap on mac that no one has claimed still?
Poison
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 587
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/cookies
Aka: Cookie In The Woods

Post by Poison »

I'll be catching up soon, I was having some issues with the site but now it's alright. Although I can access it only withy phone so it would take a little time. Also I have a little stuff to do, I'll be catching up after that.
XTMF wrote:Yo Poison, you are fucking dying.
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 87
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

Alison wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:53 am sprityo, are you disallowed from roleclaiming?
kind of, it's more like it's better if i didn't. it's more like it would hint to my role flavor and I don't want that being a possibility
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Oddmerta »

These are the claims so far

Timsup2nothing - scum - antisnowballer claim, (clairvoyant, motion detector on ted)
ted - claims visiting role

Alison
Master Radishes - claims graverobber, used nutella corpse to protect Alison

Dr Wilgy
Dyachei
Dyslexicon
Herm
Juliets
Long Con
Oddmerta
Poison
Samu
staypositivefriend - scum
Tony
tutuu

justplayingitcool - scum - cop claim - N1 macdougall
Spirit - scum - visiting role N1 MacDougall, won't/can't claim
Nanook - visiting role N1 MacDougall
Hally - Watcher claim - N1 MacDougall vb Spirit, Jpic, Nanook
MacDougall - N1 not roleblocked, got post capped, can't reveal
tedxtr
:wiz:
Posts in topic: 853
Location: some place where people retire from normals (maybe)
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by tedxtr »

Oddmerta wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:03 am Master Radishes - claims graverobber, used nutella corpse to protect Alison
what? did i miss something lmao
ImageImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:16 am I can't for the life of me understand how Sprityo is voting outside Nook/JPIC given he has two votes to use and from his perspective it's at minimum guaranteed to hit at least one mafia. At least Nook is voting Sprityo.

I also don't understand why the mafia aren't pushing on Nanook for similar reasons.

It feels like Nook/Sprityo is a difference check and JPIC is just outed to me.

Going to bed now.
:shrug: I certainly could. But I'll get there when i get there. When the town is full of "everyone is towncleared" what's the point of following the easy route? I have my method to my madness and i'll vote there if and when i want to.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Oddmerta »

Master Radishes wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:50 am In the interests of all info being on the table, and since I see nothing about not infodumping for my role and am just playing the game as a follower anyway, may as well confirm that I targeted Alison with a protective role last night that I believe I unwittingly stole from nutella. (I can assume roles from dead players.) I was not informed what role it was, just that I could protect someone.
Here ted
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

[mention]Oddmerta[/mention] what's your beef with spf?
Banners:
ImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

MR, the mafia universal backup lmao
ImageImageImageImage
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Oddmerta »

sprityo wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:07 am
MacDougall wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:16 am I can't for the life of me understand how Sprityo is voting outside Nook/JPIC given he has two votes to use and from his perspective it's at minimum guaranteed to hit at least one mafia. At least Nook is voting Sprityo.

I also don't understand why the mafia aren't pushing on Nanook for similar reasons.

Going to bed now.
:shrug: I certainly could. But I'll get there when i get there. When the town is full of "everyone is towncleared" what's the point of following the easy route? I have my method to my madness and i'll vote there if and when i want to.
Vote wherever you want, say whatever you want. You are lockscum and all votes and insights coming from you are from a scum perspective
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Oddmerta »

sprityo wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:11 am @Oddmerta what's your beef with spf?
Probs a deepwolf, I'll have a hard time proving that one
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Oddmerta wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:13 am
sprityo wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:07 am

Going to bed now.
Vote wherever you want, say whatever you want. You are lockscum and all votes and insights coming from you are from a scum perspective
just because you say it a bunch doesnt make it less false and bad on you :nicenod:
Banners:
ImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

keep the claims coming guise, I'm sure the Rogue doesn't have soup kills
ImageImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

tedxtr wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:14 am keep the claims coming guise, I'm sure the Rogue doesn't have soup kills
this^ :srsnod:
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 1047
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

sprityo wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:03 am
Alison wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:53 am sprityo, are you disallowed from roleclaiming?
kind of, it's more like it's better if i didn't. it's more like it would hint to my role flavor and I don't want that being a possibility
lol fuck this. I am flipping you like a pancake today. I am done with scummy players hiding behind soupkill paranoia as a reason to not claim.
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 1047
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

tedxtr wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:14 am keep the claims coming guise, I'm sure the Rogue doesn't have soup kills
oh no what if the rogue kills our entire poe for us, as if we got 5 day phases in a row how horrifying
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Alison wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:22 am
lol fuck this. I am flipping you like a pancake today. I am done with scummy players hiding behind soupkill paranoia as a reason to not claim.
do it :charlieblackmon:
Banners:
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

[mention]TonyStarkPrime[/mention] Where you at pal?
Banners:
ImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

seer guide :

don't peek wagons

ImageImageImageImage
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat
Posts in topic: 337
Preferred Pronouns: They/them

Post by dyachei »

Still catching up but want to add my voice to the whole nutella/juliets not w/w thing

also still think herm is a villa
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Oddmerta »

Alison wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:22 am
No, jpic today, spirit after
Hally
alien shapeshifter
Posts in topic: 573
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by Hally »

sprityo wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:56 am
Hally wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:15 am jpic and sprit if you refuse to claim i will just yeet you both with no reservations at which point your roles will be public knowledge upon your flips, so it’s probably advisable to just claim them now if you’re town

we yeeted scum D1 and nobody died over night. we can very likely yeet another scum today from within my pool of three. there’s no reason to be coy because you’ll just die if you don’t claim
Honestly I would love to see it

seeing as how you and tutuu goofed off the majority of day one and have no impact other than "oh theyre just towny because theyre silly and sincere"
what about the part where i helped yeet a wolf? i liked that part the best
ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 265
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Hey, at this point, for this phase, I'm just going to probably sheep Mac or some other very townish player.

I missed the big reveals, but as far as I can tell, JPIC claimed cop with a green read on Mac... who else claimed, and is this related to Hally's insistence that three players reveal their roles? Like, she watched... Mac?

Another player targeted Mac with a post cap as well... but Hally doesn't know who it is? I'm still not quite there with the details, let alone analysis. Also, I'm going to a cottage and won't be online from 3pm EST until the following morning, around 10am.

So yeah, I'm going to sheep. I have to take my kids for haircuts now, I will get online between haircuts and cottage-leaving for a last hello.

I do appreciate that Mac put me on the trusted list after the nutella chop, although I don't really get why, since I went with voting for the other guy when nutella claimed, and everyone else stayed on her. :haha: But I'm sure you've got your hands full in the thread right now anyway.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 265
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

[VOTE: tim and jpic] aubergine for now, because I feel like I have the most understanding of why those two are wagons. Why don't we believe JPIC's claim?
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

would you rather be flipped?
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Hally wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:17 pm
I'd rather not be dead
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

sprityo wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:18 pm
I'd rather not be dead
then you should claim because if you don’t you will die. that’s the reality of it
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

[VOTE: sprit] aubergine
Master Radishes
Hitman
Posts in topic: 96

Post by Master Radishes »

Erm, what's the consensus on Long Con? Cuz his post up there ^ is a bit :|
Master Radishes
Hitman

Master Radishes wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:23 pm Erm, what's the consensus on Long Con? Cuz his post up there ^ is a bit :|
(I mean the tone/phrasing of it, more so than anything. And the intended impact of it.)
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 554
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

[mention]sprityo[/mention] Please claim, Hally's not kidding, you will be yeeted if you don't. I saw you as town for awhile yesterday but today I have to vote for you if you don't claim.

[VOTE: sprityo] aubergine
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

Did the SRed people claim yet?
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:12 pm
Poison Chan wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:59 pm Tim, why did you say your song name to nutella? How could you trust someone who is a top wagon and tell your role name?
Somebody had to. The only way to test her claim was for someone to get in the boat. I was lock POE, so a good candidate for the experiment. Better than someone who is lock town.
Sure but if you are indeed a town doing that would make town confused and once confusion starts, it's chaos isn't it? Still from my PoV it seems like a bait for town. No one would do that so willingly when you weren't even getting scum read that hard last phase so I don't think you had any urgencies to do that.

[VOTE: TIM] aubergine
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Poison Chan wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:33 pm Did the SRed people claim yet?
JPIC claimed alignment cop who visited Mac which makes no sense because 1) if civ, why would you cop Mac, he's one of the two downiest read people in the game and 2) both Mac and Hally have claimed roles where they are not allowed to claim per the rules and they seem to be investigative roles so why would JPIC be able to claim cop? I think there are more reasons but those are the two that come to me the easiest.

sprit and Noon have claimed they visited Mac but thats all.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Master Radishes
Hitman

Mac is indeed pretty downy. He's a big softie. :cloud9:
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Oh Tim claimed too, a role where he knows what % of people in the game are civ. He said his role gets stronger as we go along.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:17 pm Like Nook probably doctored me (maybe even jailed), JPIC probably put some rand role on me and Sprityo carried a gun to my front door would be my guess.
Was there any claims or did you guess it?
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

juliets wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:43 pm
JPIC claimed alignment cop who visited Mac which makes no sense because 1) if civ, why would you cop Mac, he's one of the two downiest read people in the game and 2) both Mac and Hally have claimed roles where they are not allowed to claim per the rules and they seem to be investigative roles so why would JPIC be able to claim cop? I think there are more reasons but those are the two that come to me the easiest.

Ahh thanks, I'm 10 pages behind. Jpic claim doesn't make sense at all.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Master Radishes wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:44 pm Mac is indeed pretty downy. He's a big softie. :cloud9:
lol, I should proof my posts for errors

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Poison Chan wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:47 pm
juliets wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:43 pm

Ahh thanks, I'm 10 pages behind. Jpic claim doesn't make sense at all.
Poison, what Mac thinks about the three (sprit,JPIC,Nook) will become much clearer as you catch up with his posts.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Time for lunch and more work. bbl

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Hally wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:20 pm
I'd rather not be dead
then you should claim because if you don’t you will die. that’s the reality of it
If i feel like i'm really in danger, I will. But there's still 30 something hours left in the day. so i'll get back to you on it :beer:
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Herm
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 309

Post by Herm »

I'd be shocked if JPIC isn't lynched today with that claim.
Herm
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Herm »

I doubt he's Cop.

Is it possible MacDougall was attacked by both 3P and Mafia?

If Rogue is like Serial Killer.
Herm
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Herm »

[VOTE: JPIC] aubergine
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Oddmerta »

sprityo wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:59 pm
Hally wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:20 pm
I'd rather not be dead
If i feel like i'm really in danger, I will. But there's still 30 something hours left in the day. so i'll get back to you on it :beer:
Don't bother with the claim, you had your chance
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

Alison wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:27 pm I don't think nutella's song claim is super relevant since there's a lot of plausible reasons she could have done it so I don't think it helps us much to be honest.
I think apart from scum / rogue roles which can harm by song name I think nutella might have feared that town can do something along the line and it would be bad for her/her team in future.

Return to “Previous Jobs”