A Moon Shaped Pool
8%

Total votes: 39
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 1518

Re: Radiohead Mafia [DAY 1]

Post by MacDougall »

You maintain this Ted and you'll have my townread for as long as you do. The minute you flake I'm gonna fucking drive you into the dirt.
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 1047
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

I'm just glad to see Mac is coming around on the Ted read tbh
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Alison wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:08 am @Samusamu My read on juliets has increased in strength since I made that post. I am pretty sure she is town now. Mac, who I'm sure is town and who is familiar with juliets, is quite certain she is town, and the way she went about methodically trying to clarify everything she didn't understand and solve the game in a systemic way just bleeds town to me. Mac suggested that scum juliets tended to be a low-volume version of her town persona, which suggests that she has less energy as scum, but I'm seeing good energy in this game.

The way she just subbed into a scumread slot, went about collecting info on every player, created a really solid list of reads and then eliminates the unknowns one by one (inquiring into ted and nutella, etc.) is really townie. I don't think scum juliet in that position just goes along with the gamestate and lends full support to thread consensus reads - in that position she'd feel pressured to try to create some dissent in the town.
You're seeing a Juliets that is squarely in her scum range if you're trying to make an energy read. But she should be forgiven a bit for having to sub in. The best way to read her in this game is going to be if her reads and pushes are reasonable. Juliets is rarely an endgame player. As town she clears herself in the midgame and will catch kills either before that or because of that. As mafia she becomes POE clamped before endgame and doesn't have the forceful personality to post herself out of late game POE scenarios.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Is it worth anything if I say that I say "I agree X should die but I wanna kill Y more" as town on a semi-frequent basis? Like it's just a sentiment I have a lot when I have two scumreads and one is stronger than the other but the weaker one is a more popular exe choice.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Alison wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:10 am I'm just glad to see Mac is coming around on the Ted read tbh
What can I say. It's day 1 and the man is putting in work and making people do shit. He very reasonably explained away my concerns. He's fine now.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Alison wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:11 am Is it worth anything if I say that I say "I agree X should die but I wanna kill Y more" as town on a semi-frequent basis? Like it's just a sentiment I have a lot when I have two scumreads and one is stronger than the other but the weaker one is a more popular exe choice.
Sure. I am just holding onto this because I recognised it from the most recent game I lost to a mafioso in. I don't actually recognise if there is a long term pattern to that post being mafia tbh. It's just hyperbole really. If you think there is no pattern then I believe you. Hally feels town otherwise so let's just go with that.
Alison

Post by Alison »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:10 am You're seeing a Juliets that is squarely in her scum range if you're trying to make an energy read. But she should be forgiven a bit for having to sub in. The best way to read her in this game is going to be if her reads and pushes are reasonable. Juliets is rarely an endgame player. As town she clears herself in the midgame and will catch kills either before that or because of that. As mafia she becomes POE clamped before endgame and doesn't have the forceful personality to post herself out of late game POE scenarios.
If we're reading juliets based on how reasonable/logical her reads and pushes are then I'm just going to locktown her right now because I don't think I've disagreed with a single word she's said ever since she's subbed him.

I'm curious to know what makes town juliets clear herself that scum juliets can't fake.
Samusamu
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 287

Post by Samusamu »

Alison wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:07 am
Samusamu wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:47 pm I think i just said it, i cant see mac scumbuddy with the rest of my poe, so or he is deepwolf, really early to contemplate, or he is rogue, for me is simple to analize, but still antitown. Dont see plus inconvenient pointing that.

If i were mafia i would never do a post like that, the way for a rogue to win is balancing forces between town and mafia, being read as a town and lynching mafia by day and killing towns at night the first few days.

I wouldn't be interested in pointing out a rogue reading, I'd rather leave him alone and let him take care of killing the strongest towns. But I try to go as an avocado.

Are u being that reactive cause did I specifically mention the word rogue or because of what you said in your post #803?
Okay fine Samu is town, Mac is right.
Pero respondeme!!!!

Me pone de los nervios cuando me hacen eso 🌚
tutuu
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 964

Post by tutuu »

bizarre to me that ted also has herm in his top townreads, multiple ppl top townread herm. dont understand how was i supposed to catch him as town as easily as u guys did. but maybe some things are just meant to be and some things are not. maybe that is Destiny

when nanook said "hally for counterwagon" i had an amusing thought that if i had a gun and i had to shoot between hally and jpic id shoot hally
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I guess what I am saying re: Juliets is there is no reasonable world in which she should be pushed day 1. I think I've seen her flipped as mafia on day 1 once in all my years playing with her. I have seen her yeeted as town on day 1 a few times. Maybe I even imagined that day 1 mafia flip. I have however seen her flipped as mafia a lot and it always occurs in the midgame, and it usually happens in town wins. I saw her endgame as mafia once to my memory and it was alongside Dunya who did most of the dirty work establishing the misyeets and shielded her quite a lot. Also I was in that team and they both bussed me day one.
Alison

Post by Alison »

tutuu wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:13 am bizarre to me that ted also has herm in his top townreads, multiple ppl top townread herm. dont understand how was i supposed to catch him as town as easily as u guys did. but maybe some things are just meant to be and some things are not. maybe that is Destiny

when nanook said "hally for counterwagon" i had an amusing thought that if i had a gun and i had to shoot between hally and jpic id shoot hally
weirdchamp
tedxtr
:wiz:
Posts in topic: 853
Location: some place where people retire from normals (maybe)
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by tedxtr »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:08 am You maintain this Ted and you'll have my townread for as long as you do. The minute you flake I'm gonna fucking drive you into the dirt.
Ok guise i have to go see you later

I trust you woofs glgl
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Samusamu wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:13 am
Alison wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:07 am
Samusamu wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:47 pm I think i just said it, i cant see mac scumbuddy with the rest of my poe, so or he is deepwolf, really early to contemplate, or he is rogue, for me is simple to analize, but still antitown. Dont see plus inconvenient pointing that.

If i were mafia i would never do a post like that, the way for a rogue to win is balancing forces between town and mafia, being read as a town and lynching mafia by day and killing towns at night the first few days.

I wouldn't be interested in pointing out a rogue reading, I'd rather leave him alone and let him take care of killing the strongest towns. But I try to go as an avocado.

Are u being that reactive cause did I specifically mention the word rogue or because of what you said in your post #803?
Okay fine Samu is town, Mac is right.
Pero respondeme!!!!

Me pone de los nervios cuando me hacen eso 🌚
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Alison wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:12 am
MacDougall wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:10 am You're seeing a Juliets that is squarely in her scum range if you're trying to make an energy read. But she should be forgiven a bit for having to sub in. The best way to read her in this game is going to be if her reads and pushes are reasonable. Juliets is rarely an endgame player. As town she clears herself in the midgame and will catch kills either before that or because of that. As mafia she becomes POE clamped before endgame and doesn't have the forceful personality to post herself out of late game POE scenarios.
If we're reading juliets based on how reasonable/logical her reads and pushes are then I'm just going to locktown her right now because I don't think I've disagreed with a single word she's said ever since she's subbed him.

I'm curious to know what makes town juliets clear herself that scum juliets can't fake.
Juliets has good reads and often pushes mafia and gets them over. She often gets killed immediately after heavily contributing to correct mafia yeets. She is a very rare busser and only does it if encouraged by teammates.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

tedxtr wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:15 am
MacDougall wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:08 am You maintain this Ted and you'll have my townread for as long as you do. The minute you flake I'm gonna fucking drive you into the dirt.
Ok guise i have to go see you later

I trust you woofs glgl
Alison

Post by Alison »

Are you still TRing Colin off that one post you liked Mac? He's vanished again after earning townreads.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Alison wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:18 am Are you still TRing Colin off that one post you liked Mac? He's vanished again after earning townreads.
Yes
Samusamu
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Samusamu »

Poison Chan wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:23 am I do not know how to read tim. they are not being obv town or obv scum. I had reasons to scum read them last game even though they were town but this game, are they playing a little bit passive? I can't say it's entirely passive but idk they don't stand out much like last game.
I can buy this, if tim flip scum, poison go to town.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:15 pm Nutella you should know extremely well that any time my “wording” makes you uncomfortable it means I’m town and I am devoting zero braincells to my play
Come on how is this guy mafia?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Time for post count reads
Samusamu
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Samusamu »

Alison wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:30 am
Justplayingitcool wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:48 am I see 1610 was viciously taken from me
The snarky comment hit-and-run schtick has worn out its welcome. It's nearing the time when we're going to consolidate onto wagons, and you're going to be one of them.

@MacDougall I think I'd be most strongly down for consolidating onto Colin or JPIC today. I see you dislike nanook and nutella but I'm not as inclined to push there, and similarly I'll give trust in your read of sprityo as TMI'd town (it does make sense) and not push there today. Which would you prefer out of the two? Are you still stuck on Colin clear?
I'm tired but i can infere that you are most favorable to lynch jpic?
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

[VOTE: spf] aubergine test
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

[VOTE: timsup2nothing] aubergine

like. we should have more than 1 wagon
Samusamu
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Samusamu »

Poison Chan wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:32 am
Samusamu wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:36 pm Okey, page 15.

And u guys will know a new term, the "samulist"

A samulist is a list where 50% of player are antitown. Easy to learn dont think :)

So between justolayingitcool, poison, macdougall and nutella have to at least two antitown if not, then I'll make a fool of myself again in an English game, and I'll have to stop bragging about the readings I do in my native language and learn to play like an avocado? Meh, I'd rather go for the glory.

Justplaying isnt genuine, acting like doenst care and have some red noob mafia tipical flags.

Poison is fluffing too.much and only going for some scumhunting when being pressured, also doing too much pocketing between fluffy post.

Nutella seems oportunistic and not to much focused in scumreading.

Macdougall is my gut read, also dont liking the momentum of how he change between active and reactive, rethinking probably is the deepwolf i can read in this game, cant buy the pointed post meanwhile being up. Is still probably he being the rogue cause i can see nutella, poison and justplayingitcol as budies together in some way but not with macdougall. So rogue or deepwolf can explain my gut read.

If someone ask me.to.forget these four player probably a will look into tim and drwilgy as prob mafias.

There are a group of nai at this moment like, herm, collin, dyslexicon, fallen... Probably i'm forgetting someone

Latest post of oddmerta let me some.good vibes, weaktown. Also want to interact with him

Staypositivefriend is between null to scum and scum to null.for moments, like some post can.be genuine and others oportunistic, i think i pointed some of the oportunistics ones.

Alise is going to hard with de towncore to be deepwolfing, also like hally in that core both are town read, but i have to say that the tuutuu early game was better than the last relaxed post in these pages weak town read.

Nanook, ted and spirityo are locktown for me for momentum Pressure and how nobody disagree A lot of vague arguments.
why is odd towny at all?

also, i don't think I was pressured at all?

explain your nanook and ted read.
I was really liking post of odd in pages 13-14 and 15.

As i said votes and pressure on nanook feel like a pressure to a town.

Ted is just more like town lazyness and vague arguments.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

[mention]nutella[/mention] what r ur updated reads if any updates
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

Vague arguments and town laziness would’ve been the last words I would’ve looked for when describing my town play
ImageImageImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 29

Post by ColinIsCool »

12 notifications? You ppl think this is a joke????
staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:02 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:57 pm [VOTE: nutella] aubergine
what prompted you to vote her?
She’s bad
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Hally wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:29 am
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:26 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:49 pm I take back what I said about sprit reading the game correctly.
He is town tho
why?
Doesn’t feel like scum sprit
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

[VOTE: nutella] aubergine someone else push for a cw if u want
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Alison - 216 (lol town)
Colin - 22 (cmon brah)
Wilgy - 56 (ideal scum areas)
Dyachei - 60 (ideal scum areas)
Dyslexicon - 23 (cmon brah)
Juliets - 16 (cmon brah)
Hally - 168 (fuck ok town)
Herm - 45 (ideal scum areas)
Jpic - 59 (ideal scum areas)
Long Con - 10 (honestly lock town, LC never slanks this bad as mafia)
Mac - 185 (look I could be doing better tbh)
Master Radishes - 33 (honestly, you suck pal, do more)
Nook - 115 (tbh the fact that he seems like he's posted fuck all but has this much content means he's probably disengaged with the game and still putting up content so he's probs town for this)
Nutella - 161 (you know, she's probs town here)
Oddmerta - 41 (ideal scum areas)
Poison Chan - 155 (u too town, be less town)
Samusamu - 88 (hmmm could go either way here)
Sprityo - 41 (actually you know what I was wrong you aren't being townspewed you're just mafia)
SPF - 99 (not good enough you mafia fuck)
tedxtr - 141 (oooh baby that's some good cheese)
tim - 88 (u fucken mafia?)
Tutuu - 193 (town as fuck)

Okay so like disregard all the commentary cuz it's dumb shit but the interesting stuff here is that Sprityo, Wilgy, JPIC, Dya, Herm and Oddmerta are actually in that really sweet spot where they have a missing swathe of content in scum chat. I'd say that counts more for Wilgy and Sprityo than the others cuz this is their homesite and Wilgy in particular has seemed engaged whereas the other four kinda can be forgiven for not being ott here cuz it's not their regular haunt.

Nutella has put up digits. Gotta give her credit for the digits. She can do that as mafia though so like, soz.

Tim's actually underwhelmed here on numbers in a way I don't like.

Trust me when I say if LC rands mafia in a game with these hoomans he does not slank to the tune of 10 posts. That dude is a town.

Nook is actually probably town off this.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Alison wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:35 am
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:19 pm
Herm wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:45 pm I think some wolves/scum are going to push afk/inactive people early on in the game.

They always end up as easy alternatives.
Yup
This post pinged me. I don't think Colin believes this and I've played with him in a few games where the mafia adopted a completely different strategy. Who was killing inactives in Jack Attack?

This sort of feels like a pre-emptive excuse to shield the afks (ie. himself) from scrutiny by depicting attacks on them as wolfy.
I’ve played Mafia for about 15 years, so I’ve seen many other scum do things than in those two games.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Alison wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:03 am
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:48 pm Scumreading nutella tbh
Why are all of your posts naked opportunism
Because I work from home and don’t need to wear clothes
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Poison Chan wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:26 am
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:21 pm
Poison Chan wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:05 pm I hope to see something from colin when I'm back. Too early to form a read but idk intuition says they might be scum?
How in the world could you possibly have “intuition” telling you anything about me with nearly zero posts
3 posts. and I'm a slime. nvm. do you give reads day 1 at all?
I try to, but the combo in this game of not knowing many of you + being caught in catch-up so far is no bueno for my ability to grasp things
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Colin ur town
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I have decided samu is mafia
Samusamu
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Samusamu »

Poison Chan wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:51 am Read list, might change as I ISO.

Towns and town leans : [not in proper order]
Alison
Master Radishes
Samu
Sprityo
Herm
Tutuu
Mac

null to towny:
hally

Null :
Ted
JPIC
Nanook
nutella

null to scummy:
juliet
spf (?)

scummy:
Dizzy
Dya
Odd

i'll be talking about my scum reads in the next post.
Where would u put tim? And collin?

Its fine for me if lc is nai but also wanna know.
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

Yo Mac
If you’re wolf take me out N1 and if I’m wolf I’ll do the same alright?
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Colin you played mafia before RYM!?
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

oddomerta actually kinda dropped off he was ridiculously obv town for me early d1 but yeah he kinda like what ... its like he got stunned or somethign. wouldnt bet the game on him being town anymore
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

tedxtr wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:42 am Yo Mac
Nah cuz I have you pocketed bitch
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:43 am
Say that to my odd night vig bitch
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

tutuu wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:43 am oddomerta actually kinda dropped off he was ridiculously obv town for me early d1 but yeah he kinda like what ... its like he got stunned or somethign. wouldnt bet the game on him being town anymore
Okay so here's the deal.

You're obvious town.

Alison is obvious town.

There are other people I think are maybe town but you two are just ridiculous.

Us three have now contributed to the point where like, people are likely just skimming our posts because they no longer need to solve us and are just either mafia going "reeeee" or town going ... well also "reeee".

So two of us should probably switch off and let one of us ringlead and the other two just provide moral support.

I am happy to do either role, but I think we need to give other people room now.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

dunya if ur reading this ur amazing and i love u very much
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

tedxtr wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:44 am
You wouldn't dare be responsible for miskilling me n1. You'd be so embarrased.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:45 am
tutuu wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:43 am oddomerta actually kinda dropped off he was ridiculously obv town for me early d1 but yeah he kinda like what ... its like he got stunned or somethign. wouldnt bet the game on him being town anymore
Okay so here's the deal.

You're obvious town.

Alison is obvious town.

There are other people I think are maybe town but you two are just ridiculous.

Us three have now contributed to the point where like, people are likely just skimming our posts because they no longer need to solve us and are just either mafia going "reeeee" or town going ... well also "reeee".

So two of us should probably switch off and let one of us ringlead and the other two just provide moral support.

I am happy to do either role, but I think we need to give other people room now.
lol
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:45 am
tedxtr wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:44 am
You wouldn't dare be responsible for miskilling me n1. You'd be so embarrased.
Please don’t test me
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

So, hypothetically speaking, if I were to be a vigi, who should I shoot between

Tim / LC
ImageImageImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:43 am Colin you played mafia before RYM!?
Yeah at the Homestar Runner Wiki Forum when I was like 9 years old. Might’ve been better at it then tbh
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

tedxtr wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:49 am So, hypothetically speaking, if I were to be a vigi, who should I shoot between

Tim / LC
Do not shoot LC you fucking guy

Return to “Previous Jobs”