U-Pick Anything Volume 2 Game Thread (Day 4 )

Moderator: Community Team

Who will it be now?

Poll ended at Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:03 pm

Apogee
No votes
beeboy
No votes
cayvie
8%
DaisyCloud
No votes
DDL
No votes
Justplayingitcool
8%
Long Con
No votes
sabie12
No votes
Sprityo
8%
Non-players
75%

Total votes: 12
Apogee
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 218
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself

Re: U-Pick Anything Volume 2 Game Thread (Day 2 - Day Poo Agin)

Post by Apogee »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:58 pm My suggestion: with the current level of claimed town kill power and the ITAs the bottom zones on my list will not make day three. There should be one or two wolves in there. Maple will get chopped and by all lines of thinking I can find that's a wolf. Based on N1 wolf kill power is gonna peel four or so off the top. Punchy will be dead from poison. So you start day three with two hundred pages of nonsense about mechanics and everyone somehow "townread"...just throw it all out.

What you really have is about fifteen players who have demonstrated they are willing to play with one or two wolves among them. NEW GAME. Start fresh and just play Mafia. Anything in the range of 14/2 or so is massively town sided, so just play that from scratch and win.
Yeah doing this is a lesson I'm learning
Apogee
Stool Pigeon

Post by Apogee »

Also I hate the first page of Colin's ISO and want to blast with prejudice
But like his second page is ok?

But there isn't really enough that I feel strongly compelled to keep him around
Apogee
Stool Pigeon

Post by Apogee »

Apogee wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:03 pm Also I hate the first page of Colin's ISO and want to blast with prejudice

And by ok I mean like plays into my somewhat suspicion of bob and iaafr and like the reasoning feels okay but I still really really dislike his pg1
Timsup2nothin
Veteran of 1000 Psychic Wars
Posts in topic: 826

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Apogee wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:02 pm
Timsup2nothin wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:58 pm My suggestion: with the current level of claimed town kill power and the ITAs the bottom zones on my list will not make day three. There should be one or two wolves in there. Maple will get chopped and by all lines of thinking I can find that's a wolf. Based on N1 wolf kill power is gonna peel four or so off the top. Punchy will be dead from poison. So you start day three with two hundred pages of nonsense about mechanics and everyone somehow "townread"...just throw it all out.

What you really have is about fifteen players who have demonstrated they are willing to play with one or two wolves among them. NEW GAME. Start fresh and just play Mafia. Anything in the range of 14/2 or so is massively town sided, so just play that from scratch and win.
Yeah doing this is a lesson I'm learning
The key is you just have to push everyone to play fresh. The players who are willing to turn it up and town it up...great. The ones that keep going back to "I cleared back on day X just look" are suspect, because that just turns into "yeah so did I" and throwing up hands. You'll probably have to chop one or two just for refusing to cooperate. But that's okay. 14/2 find the wolves is winnable. Go get 'em. If by chance I'm still alive I'll help.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
noted "I can't be fucking bothered" aficionado who dual wields the sword of contrarianism in one hand and a hot cheetos family bag in the other
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Apogee wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:04 pm
Apogee wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:03 pm Also I hate the first page of Colin's ISO and want to blast with prejudice

And by ok I mean like plays into my somewhat suspicion of bob and iaafr and like the reasoning feels okay but I still really really dislike his pg1
There is a theory that Colin/Bob are not w/w together that is kinda popular.
ImageImageImageImage
noted "I can't be fucking bothered" aficionado who dual wields the sword of contrarianism in one hand and a hot cheetos family bag in the other
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 666
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Why would you not be alive at that point tim?
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Jpic can’t kill you without outing if he’s mafia, if he’s town you can’t die tonight, so. Either way you should expect to be around tomorrow yeah?
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

I’m going to sleep then I’ve got work to do, I’m content with our ITA list and someone please ping me if/when ITAs are announced so I can try to be there.
Iwan
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 112

Post by Iwan »

:cloud9:
sheepsaysmeep wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:19 pm
beeboy wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:17 pm Sheep who do I shoot in the ITAs
coliniscool or drwilgy

iwan is a good shot too but i remember someone vouching for him (nonmechanically) idk think it was rabbit
Im definiteky town but im a weak role that has like, nothing to do with my flavour.
I feel like Mac was kinda feed up when he did my role because i kinda randomly signed up after the time was already finished
Anyway Ive been softly hinting but basically i watched mapples during night 1
But despite this being a very shit investigation like ability my result will only be shown during the never to happen night 2 :suspish:
So yeah, if i need to go you guys are likely getting more info from my confirmed dead body than wathever result i get during the night
Iwan
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 112

Post by Iwan »

Apogee wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:33 pm If I'm throwing out reads purely based off of where I think I recall *shrugs* or *headtilts*

I kinda want to look at Rabbit and/or Sheep. But at least rabbit has a good claim and sheep might too right.

Who is DrWigly
And who is Iwan

I'm going to read them
hello apogee im iwan~desu
My posts have been pretty meh tbh
Ive contributed at some extent but i definitely could have done better
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:14 pm Jpic can’t kill you without outing if he’s mafia, if he’s town you can’t die tonight, so. Either way you should expect to be around tomorrow yeah?
I might go on a yolo adventure and ask JPIC to JK someone else. With this second try thing I might be able to activate my superpower, and if I do it's worth a night out of the jail to use it...even if the wolves kill me in the process.
ImageImageImageImage
WerewolfHunter
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 307
Preferred Pronouns: She/her

Post by WerewolfHunter »

If someone wants to jailkeep me feel free too. Honestly I think someone else is prob better and its best not for the evils to know for sure here.

I would also appreciate a ping for itas to try and be there. I'm down with taht list. I also see no way we are getting out of going after maple here. I expect them to flip town though
[VOTE: maple ] aubergine
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

WerewolfHunter wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:39 pm If someone wants to jailkeep me feel free too. Honestly I think someone else is prob better and its best not for the evils to know for sure here.

I would also appreciate a ping for itas to try and be there. I'm down with taht list. I also see no way we are getting out of going after maple here. I expect them to flip town though
That "town lost wolf" thing sounds so sincere...but if we start believing that level of absurdity every wolf claims to be a unicorn and we just lose. Maple is a good enough player to recognize that even if they are telling 100% the truth and look towny AF doing it they still just have to die. The wolves buried him to deep with their clear Maple sacrifice gambit. If they did that to clear t!Maple I'm gonna be really curious to read the wolfchat and find out why.
ImageImageImageImage
Maple
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 743

Post by Maple »

I already hard claimed 3p smh
Apogee
Stool Pigeon

Post by Apogee »

Maple wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:50 pm I already hard claimed 3p smh
What's your best guess as to why the whole Hollowkatt -> Xalt peek thing unfolded then?
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Maple wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:50 pm I already hard claimed 3p smh
I know...so why do the wolves decide to go to such great lengths to clear you? I mean, just among the known wolves it seems like HK could have easily cleared Tedxtr on his way out instead. Or cut the loop short and just claim day cop and hard clear Xalt himself. If you aren't a wolf how do you fit in there?
ImageImageImageImage
Maple
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Maple »

I have no earthly idea. If I had to guess, I'd say HK's scan was probably mafia/not mafia, and that the wolves didnt use Xalt d1.

But that wont be relevant soon
WerewolfHunter
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 307
Preferred Pronouns: She/her

Post by WerewolfHunter »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:45 pm
WerewolfHunter wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:39 pm If someone wants to jailkeep me feel free too. Honestly I think someone else is prob better and its best not for the evils to know for sure here.

That "town lost wolf" thing sounds so sincere...but if we start believing that level of absurdity every wolf claims to be a unicorn and we just lose. Maple is a good enough player to recognize that even if they are telling 100% the truth and look towny AF doing it they still just have to die. The wolves buried him to deep with their clear Maple sacrifice gambit. If they did that to clear t!Maple I'm gonna be really curious to read the wolfchat and find out why.
I've decided I'm just going to go with it
Maple
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Maple »

The simplest explanation has to be "someone else killed BK", I suppose.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 233
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

"Town Lost Wolf" 3p.

Indeed.
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Maple wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:59 pm I have no earthly idea. If I had to guess, I'd say HK's scan was probably mafia/not mafia, and that the wolves didnt use Xalt d1.

But that wont be relevant soon
I like it better when we just agree that this combination of known wolf roles and activities leaves unfortunately no choice but chopping you, and you help us and/or lolcat along making the best of it. If you are town we're gonna win this for you and teach these wolves a lesson for framing you.
ImageImageImageImage
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Never chop, good 'til we drop

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME-the stump-can't kill him, gotta trust him...could be 3P but does it even matter?

Seem locked on claims or roles or targets

DaisyCloud-ITAed a wolf (buss unlikely) Hyena gave her a heart and if she is wolf says that would kill him
Hyena-Hands out hearts to town that boomerang him if handed to wolves and gave one to DaisyCloud, also silenced
Epignosis-claims town vig, uncontested credit on Speedchuck, could be SK so watch leash
Logic-Read as sale alignment with Nanook by Poison
PunchyTheCat-poisoned, I think by confirmed wolf Speedchuck, but almost certainly by wolves
Timsup2nothin-silenced, seemingly obviously by wolves-yes this is me, deal with it
sheepsaysmeep-targeted by mafia gaslighter Ephemeral with fake redcheck

Role claims less locked

cayvie-claims town vig with pelt of Tedxtr...this pelt also claimed much later by ColonialBob
colonialbob-claims comparator power, choose two and kills both if unaligned-claims Tedxtr and Awesome O kills
Justplayingitcool-claims town jailkeeper, tasked with keeping Tim alive-may be town, may be leashed
iaafr-claims to have captured wolf Ephemeral trapped in a dungeon, seems plausible

Role claims at least somewhat NAI

beeboy-reset time providing an extra day phase
Apogee-claims to have ability to cancel night wolfchat
DDL-has communicated with spec chat
WerewolfHunter-claims to be a self resolving ice cream sandwich that is going to just melt and fired an ITA at very important wolf Xalt

Got nothin goin for them

Long Con
sabie12
Sprityo

On kill list

ColinIsCool
DrWilgy
iwan

Maple-various claims, most of them wolfy...also the center of a very expensive clearing plot by known wolves

WHEN ITAS HAPPEN WE WILL BE SHOOTING AT

ColinIsCool
DrWilgy
iwan

IF ALL THREE OF THEM ARE DEAD OPEN THIS:
sabie12
Sprityo
ImageImageImageImage
sheepsaysmeep
The Mark
Posts in topic: 438

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

iwan is claiming to receive an investigative result the next night phase so that can probably live pas today?

if both colin and wilgy die and he gets resolved i wouldnt be super put off though
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

sheepsaysmeep wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:24 pm iwan is claiming to receive an investigative result the next night phase so that can probably live pas today?

if both colin and wilgy die and he gets resolved i wouldnt be super put off though
Well the result he is waiting for is Maples, who is gonna be flipped before that result comes in. That keeps him NAI and also might be a ploy to buy Maples another day, which would make everyone crazy.
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 137
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

HEADS UP

I'm bored so the first person to post a 60 second video of them quacking like a duck gets a gun for 1 shot!

GO!
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

If you are town and get that shot you had better shoot in the kill list,
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Maybe we have a shy group this evening.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Juliets channeling her inner broseph lmao
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:37 pm Juliets channeling her inner broseph lmao
I am picking up quite a few Mac-isms which are a shock to my system!

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

On the one hand I really want a gun

On the other I don’t believe it’s a real thing 🤔

juliets wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:39 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:37 pm Juliets channeling her inner broseph lmao
I am picking up quite a few Mac-isms which are a shock to my system!
Careful or next time you play a mafia game you’ll be a cross of myself and joe and nobody will know what to think!
sheepsaysmeep
The Mark

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

quack
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:39 pm On the one hand I really want a gun

Would I lie?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:39 pm On the one hand I really want a gun

If you get a gun and try to shoot Maples something grand is gonna happen. I'd do the quacking and give you the gun.
ImageImageImageImage
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

juliets wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:40 pm

Would I lie?
Well, you said you were picking up Macisms, so maybe...
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:41 pm

If you get a gun and try to shoot Maples something grand is gonna happen. I'd do the quacking and give you the gun.
He who quacks is the one with the shot!

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
sheepsaysmeep
The Mark

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

this me
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

sheepsaysmeep wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:40 pmquack
Sheepsaysquack
ImageImageImageImage
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

sheepsaysmeep wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:42 pm

this me
That's almost as cute as the bunny gifs
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

sheepsaysmeep wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:42 pm

this me
That's adorable but not you. Maybe you'll get a consolation prize.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Well, I wanted so bad to give away a shot! Mac would be so proud of me! But looks like no one is biting. :(

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Someone with technical knowledge clip a minute of me from the G10 podcast video and dub in that quacking.
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Hahahahaha I would accept that!

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

[mention]juliets[/mention] does this count

Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 233
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

just hold on
Maple
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Maple »

If I write a poem about how great of a mod you are can i have a gun
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:50 pm @juliets does this count

Nanook this has 300 million views for God's sake lolol. But sorry, it doesn't count!

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
sheepsaysmeep
The Mark

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

lmao i thought of duck song

juliets wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:54 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:50 pm @juliets does this count

Nanook this has 300 million views for God's sake lolol. But sorry, it doesn't count!
Dang
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Long Con wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:53 pm just hold on
This looks promising!

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”