56%

Total votes: 9
Michelle
Made Man
Posts in topic: 149
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Re: The Lion King [Night 1]

Post by Michelle »

Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:38 am Obv. Also Juliets is reading the thread now, but not posting. Very suspect imo. Dunya/Juliets confirmed.
Angleshooting is a bad habit smh :disappoint:
Spoiler: show

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:59 pm Death before cowardice.
Michelle
Made Man
Posts in topic: 149
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Post by Michelle »

Alison wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:04 am I don't think it's within Dizzy's scum range to essentially fake a meltdown and go through the whole theater of "I really didn't want the responsibility so I let Jesus take the wheel". Like, there are players I think could/would fake that and players I don't, and I think Dizzy falls into the latter category. I'm not 100% certain about this, but like, 80% certain, based on the games I've played with them and my understanding of them as a person. Feel free to let me know if you have meta that suggests otherwise - I sort of wish Hally was here so I could ask her about it.
I can't speculate Dizzy's scum range in any way.

I don't understand what purpose do you have for this post, but i don't really get it, maybe you can reformulate it for 5 y o?
Spoiler: show

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:59 pm Death before cowardice.
Urist
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 210

Post by Urist »

tutuu wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:56 am @Urist i will stop refuting everything u say. lets try to work together. please tell me why mp7 is scum
I slept on it, and I think I'm gonna holster that read for now. I think that we desperately need to work together as a team, and me leading a vanity charge against M+7 isn't going to help that effort at all. Plus it's mostly based on a scum read of proto, so there's not much point in getting into it without a proto flip first.
I seriously doubt that I'll be nk'd tonight anyway, it looks like I'm probably in this game for the long haul. But in case I do, I'll give the short version of my read: M+7 was posturing and hemming and hawing over the different wagons yesterday, and most of it looked faker than Justin Trudeau's eyebrows. She finally came to a decision around the time that it became clear it was going to be one of myself or Nanook. I don't think that this is a coincidence. I think the posturing was done in case she was forced to move onto another townie (Nanook) to save a buddy (Alison or proto).
So yeah I'm putting the cart before the horse on that read, and I'd rather banish Alison or proto first.
Lavender
Posts in topic: 86
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: The Lion King [Day 1]

Post by Lavender »

tutuu wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:42 am
protocultures wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:40 am
Lavender wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:37 pm
Lavender wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:33 pm
protocultures wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:28 pm On a skim of lavenders posts, I disagree with a lot of it but read them likely town. I confirm reaction testing and doing non standard plays is within his town meta. It's within their maf meta too, but I lean it town for now.
we both hard tr tutuu, i'd argue that's a pretty big commonality (since we also agreed on that before urist posted their tr on tutuu)

what do u most disagree with about my hot reads 🔥🔥🔥🔥
Oh wait i'm wrong, urist's tr on tutuu came before urs

ergo

i don't trust u
@Lavender @tutuu

Tutuu can you confirm to lavender your view that my townread on you will be from meta rather than me sheeping Urist having a townread on you please. Assuming this is true of course.
@Lavender I confirm that my view that his townread on me will be from meta rather than him sheeping Urist having a townread on me please. Assuming this is true of course.
damn consider me assuaged /s
tutuu
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 313

Post by tutuu »

Michelle wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:25 am
Alison wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:04 am I don't think it's within Dizzy's scum range to essentially fake a meltdown and go through the whole theater of "I really didn't want the responsibility so I let Jesus take the wheel". Like, there are players I think could/would fake that and players I don't, and I think Dizzy falls into the latter category. I'm not 100% certain about this, but like, 80% certain, based on the games I've played with them and my understanding of them as a person. Feel free to let me know if you have meta that suggests otherwise - I sort of wish Hally was here so I could ask her about it.
I can't speculate Dizzy's scum range in any way.

I don't understand what purpose do you have for this post, but i don't really get it, maybe you can reformulate it for 5 y o?
Alison doesnt think dizzy can lie so much about his emotions and therefore he's town

@ urist ok

@ alison (still working on it)
Urist
Loan Shark

Post by Urist »

[mention]Lavender[/mention] You know that I was trying to swing the vote onto proto yesterday right? Why did you vote for me?
Lavender

Post by Lavender »

Urist wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:05 am
Lavender wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:27 pm i came here to say i was going to switch my vote to urist, whom i suspected of pocketing me earlier.
how was i pocketing you? i've barely acknowledged your existence in this game. i certainly haven't spoken directly to you. why do you think i was pocketing you, and why did you vote for me?
1) that u haven't spoken to me is a straight up lie:
Urist wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:28 pm
Lavender wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:26 pm
Urist wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:24 pm
Lavender wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:21 pm that it's not open source. at the very least i wish there was a more precise description of how the roles and abilities interact with each other, e.g. what order night actions happen in when there is some ambiguity. makes designing setups kinda annoying sometimes
yeah i get that, i think one of the best arguments against auto-hosted mafia is that knowing how the host program works gives a significant advantage.

Thanks for answering :)
no kidding, it's definitely an argument to keep setups simpler imo. have u played there? what else don't u like about it?
I've never played there, I'm developing my own
and yes it's open source. :P
2) why i voted for u:

a) when i was talking about u pocketing me i was referring to the conversation above
b) also i hate that u brushed alison off in this interaction:
Urist wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:19 am
Alison wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:16 am
Urist wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:15 am @Dyslexicon i'm cool with the jeraldooo banish, but if we want to nab Alison we should probably do it today.
I don't understand this post.
good thing it wasn't directed at you then :biggrin:
c) i was led to believe that the meta of this site dictated that i needed to vote for one of the two ppl being wagoned:
Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:58 pm @1612 @Scirrus @Lavender @jeraldooo @Michelle

Don't know if you're here or not, but your lone votes aren't doing anything right now. Go wagon or go home, or convince us all of your direction.
d) i thought lc/nanook was softing pr
Lavender

Post by Lavender »

Urist wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:43 pm @Lavender You know that I was trying to swing the vote onto proto yesterday right? Why did you vote for me?
were you now? what was this then:
Urist wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:23 am
Alison wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:19 am Do you have a compelling reason to believe that either jeraldo or I are better votes than Michelle/Scirrus, given the above analysis?
My preferred banishments are Scirrus >> Alison > jeraldooo.
Unfortunately I don't have high hopes for Scirrus getting banished, given the PR claim he's thrown out.
Also unfortunately I'm under pressure to decide my vote early since I won't be around for deadline.
Urist
Loan Shark

Post by Urist »

Lavender wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:59 pm
Urist wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:43 pm @Lavender You know that I was trying to swing the vote onto proto yesterday right? Why did you vote for me?
Alison wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:19 am Do you have a compelling reason to believe that either jeraldo or I are better votes than Michelle/Scirrus, given the above analysis?
Unfortunately I don't have high hopes for Scirrus getting banished, given the PR claim he's thrown out.
Also unfortunately I'm under pressure to decide my vote early since I won't be around for deadline.
i changed my mind
Lavender

Post by Lavender »

Urist wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:02 pm
Lavender wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:59 pm
i changed my mind
I take it u feel u don't owe me an explanation?
Urist
Loan Shark

Post by Urist »

Lavender wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:05 pm I take it u feel u don't owe me an explanation?
do i owe you anything?
Lavender

Post by Lavender »

Urist wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:07 pm
Lavender wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:05 pm I take it u feel u don't owe me an explanation?
do i owe you anything?
Cool
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 489

Post by Dyslexicon »

Someone owes me a burrito.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

:llama:
do i owe you anything?
u dont owe him anything but consider if ur town and all of your reads end up being wrong then how does that make u look for acting like this?
Urist
Loan Shark

Post by Urist »

i'm gonna eat shit for saying this but i should never be yeeted, unless two of scirrus, jeraldooo, 1612, tutuu, protocultures flips scum
which *probably* isn't going to happen.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

didnt mean that emoji keeps happening on mobile
Urist
Loan Shark

Post by Urist »

Urist wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:10 pm i'm gonna eat shit for saying this but i should never be yeeted, unless two of scirrus, jeraldooo, 1612, tutuu, protocultures flips scum
which *probably* isn't going to happen.
and since gamethrowing is against the rules i have no reason to bother responding
Urist
Loan Shark

Post by Urist »

tutuu wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:10 pm :llama:
do i owe you anything?
u dont owe him anything but consider if ur town and all of your reads end up being wrong then how does that make u look for acting like this?
not sure if i could appear to be more of an ass than i already do
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

so like do u not care how u appear and/or do u have some overwhelming confidence in ur reads that u think cooperation is useless or what?

why do u want to work with me and then u just push lavender away?
Urist
Loan Shark

Post by Urist »

tutuu wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:14 pm so like do u not care how u appear and/or do u have some overwhelming confidence in ur reads that u think cooperation is useless or what?

i'm not getting banished and lavender already thinks proto is scum. ergo me explaining why i think proto is scum has no value
Lavender

Post by Lavender »

Urist wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:18 pm
tutuu wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:14 pm so like do u not care how u appear and/or do u have some overwhelming confidence in ur reads that u think cooperation is useless or what?

i'm not getting banished and lavender already thinks proto is scum. ergo me explaining why i think proto is scum has no value
damn that's efficient af
Lavender

Post by Lavender »

i'd like to retract my read that urist puts a lot of effort into their posts
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

jeraldo is scum 1612 is scum and cobbler might be scum too maybe we all cleared him for a dumb reason
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

I feel bad for it because it's happened before, and I've consciously tried to stop that reaction in myself and worked myself up to be a more confident player in general lately. Or at least project more confidence even when I'm not. So I'm just so more angry at myself, cause shoving the responsibility on others in my head is a rather ugly reaction tbh. It's a whole internal process, and yes, I don't think I'd think up to fake a whole internal process that is basically an automatic defence mechanism for me. I rand scum like one time every decade (slightly exaggerating, but really I just rand town a lot, thank god), and somehow I always seem to get some form of paranoia against me in games anyway. Which is fine. I know what game we're playing lol. I feel I'm out of scum range for a bunch of reasons. Mostly for caring so much about the game to literally not be able to stop thinking about it and stay out of it when I should've been working all yesterday. Lol mafia. The only one who knows me well here is Scirrus, and he already said he hated my EoD so rip me. Summoning [mention]Hally[/mention] to replace in.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Anyway, I don't know what scum motivation Alison would have for clearing me like that. You could argue "pocketing" but it seems kind fo unnecessary. Tutu might be right that Alison is just town this game. I like a lot of her posts, but I also liked a lot of her posts last game. But it's kind of hypocritical almost to suspect someone when I think a large portion of it is just paranoia, and I've been on the receiving end of that many times and I hate it.
Urist
Loan Shark

Post by Urist »

Lavender wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:21 pm
Urist wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:18 pm

damn that's efficient af
i'm sorry, i shouldn't be so curt, it's mainly a playstyle / 4h of sleep every day thing, if it helps i act like this to my coworkers as well even knowing i shouldn't.
there are reasons for why making cases, giving reasons, etc should ideally be avoided as town whenever possible.
mainly, it gives an opportunity for people to doubt your reasoning, even if it's solid.
people are generally pretty stubborn about their reads as well, so the chance of actually convincing anyone with logic is pretty low.
and it also gives mafia a way to say "x convinced me" if the person flips town.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

tutuu wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:28 pm jeraldo is scum 1612 is scum and cobbler might be scum too maybe we all cleared him for a dumb reason
That would be lol. Basically everyone who isn't here. Would even make sense.

I miss [mention]cobbler[/mention] though. Y u leave us? <3
Urist
Loan Shark

Post by Urist »

Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:32 pm Anyway, I don't know what scum motivation Alison would have for clearing me like that. You could argue "pocketing" but it seems kind fo unnecessary. Tutu might be right that Alison is just town this game. I like a lot of her posts, but I also liked a lot of her posts last game. But it's kind of hypocritical almost to suspect someone when I think a large portion of it is just paranoia, and I've been on the receiving end of that many times and I hate it.
if you die tonight, it makes alison look good with no downside.
Urist
Loan Shark

Post by Urist »

are you replacing out dyslexicon? :(
Urist
Loan Shark

Post by Urist »

i can't see cobbler as scum sorry. i think he might be the only person i'd never yeet.
so yeah he's probably scum /s
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 329
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

Are your reads usually good Urist?
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Alison

Post by Alison »

tutuu wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:28 pm jeraldo is scum 1612 is scum and cobbler might be scum too maybe we all cleared him for a dumb reason
talk to me about these reads
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Alison wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:40 pm
everyone else i find reasons to townread

(i know u asked me about urist uhh.. my dog ate my urist read i swear)
Urist
Loan Shark

Post by Urist »

Alison wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:39 pm Are your reads usually good Urist?
no my early game is usually pretty terrible but it helps me perform better in the lategame, i have a decent success rate in lylos
Lavender

Post by Lavender »

Urist wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:33 pm and it also gives mafia a way to say "x convinced me" if the person flips town.
not if ur never wrong
hqdefault.jpg
hqdefault.jpg (19.54 KiB) Viewed 765 times
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Urist wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:35 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:32 pm Anyway, I don't know what scum motivation Alison would have for clearing me like that. You could argue "pocketing" but it seems kind fo unnecessary. Tutu might be right that Alison is just town this game. I like a lot of her posts, but I also liked a lot of her posts last game. But it's kind of hypocritical almost to suspect someone when I think a large portion of it is just paranoia, and I've been on the receiving end of that many times and I hate it.
if you die tonight, it makes alison look good with no downside.
That is true. But I never die N1 (this is sarcasm.)
Urist wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:35 pm are you replacing out dyslexicon? :(
No. I was just calling for Hally anyway =p Hally is the Dizzy whisperer. Which apparently is needed here. We're basically the same person. Last game they replaced in D1, 100 % town read me which I felt was very well duh, and then I was yeeted/shot anyway and I'm still salty as duck about it, cause my best town trait is to never be yeeted. Ergo why I die early a lot, which I don't mind because of the aforementioned unattractive defence mechanism of not wanting to be responsible for a potential loss. You should see my stress levels in the few F3 I've been in lol. You're learning so much about me right now, I'm an over sharer and not an under sharer. Burritos to everyone!
Urist wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:37 pm i can't see cobbler as scum sorry. i think he might be the only person i'd never yeet.
so yeah he's probably scum /s
I don't think he's scum either, but I wish he'd come back to us as I never got to finish those adoption papers.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

tutuu wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:42 pm

Do you town read Proto too?
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:47 pm
tutuu wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:42 pm

Do you town read Proto too?
No but i townread alison and i desire to respect her wish that proto is lock town
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

tutuu wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:50 pmNo but i townread alison and i desire to respect her wish that proto is lock town
Lol, kind of like what I'm doing with you on Alison. Except now I also have a reason to think Alison is town. If we all sheep each others reads, we're golden. What could ever go wrong?
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Petition to have Nut come in an laser the shit out of some scumbums
Alison

Post by Alison »

I really do think proto is town and you can keelhaul me postgame if I'm wrong. At least it would even the pocket score.

I kinda want to leave Urist alive here. I believe them when they say that they get better in the late game. A big part of me wants to just execute him because I'm not a fan of anti-town behavior (especially while calling for town to cooperate) and generally uncooperativeness, and nothing that made them scummy yesterday has changed. But I think when you push part that initial reaction, Urist has actually done a lot of stuff that I think is towny (the way they handled the situation when it looked like they were going to die, for instance). Their reads are bad but they admit that their reads are bad and promise to be better late game.

I'm not willing to just go "it's the lurkers!" just yet, though. It seems catastrophically unlikely that the storm that happened last day phase was 100% driven by town.
Lavender

Post by Lavender »

ALSO

tutuu, i'd like to formally retract my townread on u and insert a scumread in its place

reasons

1) abysmal reasoning for voting lc/nanook, this is the best i could find:
tutuu wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:01 pm [VOTE: Nanook] aubergine let it rand
2) i've seen a whole lot of hastily justified town reads (e.g. alison for the mysterious "M" reason), and entirely unjustified scum reads. most of your posts lately are just asking for scumcases. like why so interested in a scumcase on mp7 from urist??

3) i don't see a coherent reason for why nanook flipping town would make your reads go from this:
tutuu wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:57 pm urist and nanook both maf

idk whos the last maf. maybe like 1612 or lavender or cobbler or something. someone who fooled us.
to this:
tutuu wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:00 am i think jeraldooo and 1612 are both mafia
i'd be especially interested in an explanation for 3)

ps: the reason michelle is town to me is that she claimed villy when pressured, i'd like to give her enough credit to claim pr if mafia
pps: 1612 is confirmed mafia lol

i'm going to get off for a while after this, but ill be here for the next 10 minutes for a quick ama
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:53 pm Petition to have Nut come in an laser the shit out of some scumbums
Before the soneji and rej shots we were like democratic south korea but after those 2 shots we turned to dictatorship north korea man
Lavender

Post by Lavender »

second
Alison

Post by Alison »

Lavender if you're going to criticize tutuu for not justifying her scumreads you should probably give more of an explanation than "pps: 1612 is confirmed mafia lol"
Lavender

Post by Lavender »

Alison wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:03 pm Lavender if you're going to criticize tutuu for not justifying her scumreads you should probably give more of an explanation than "pps: 1612 is confirmed mafia lol"
thatsthejoke.jpg
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

But yeah, I don't find any reason to think Jeraldo or 1612 is town. I know Proto hard reads both as town, but I don't trust Proto, and even if he's town, I don't trust his reads at all, sorry.

I think it's possible that Proto is scum here. I town read him pretty fast in Space Invaders, even if most of his posts made no sense to me.

Lavender gives me serious Wikkiden vibes (probably only a reference I know). But basically, it was a player who played in my champs game, and had a similar kind of light, jokey tone. I instantly scum read them for it, cause it reminded me of how I would come across as scum. But he turned out town. I had kind of the same feeling at Lavender's entrance this game. I don't know Lavender. I don't find him particularly scummy or towny really. I know some people town read him, but I don't know why, so I'd take a sales pitch on that.

Everyone else I town read to some degree or a large degree
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:04 pm But yeah, I don't find any reason to think Jeraldo or 1612 is town. I know Proto hard reads both as town, but I don't trust Proto, and even if he's town, I don't trust his reads at all, sorry.

I think it's possible that Proto is scum here. I town read him pretty fast in Space Invaders, even if most of his posts made no sense to me.

Lavender gives me serious Wikkiden vibes (probably only a reference I know). But basically, it was a player who played in my champs game, and had a similar kind of light, jokey tone. I instantly scum read them for it, cause it reminded me of how I would come across as scum. But he turned out town. I had kind of the same feeling at Lavender's entrance this game. I don't know Lavender. I don't find him particularly scummy or towny really. I know some people town read him, but I don't know why, so I'd take a sales pitch on that.

Everyone else I town read to some degree or a large degree
Aren't these like the exact people from Proto's community though? Cause that kind of seems like a problem tbh
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

[mention]Lavender[/mention] Mafia was created by Dimitri Davidoff in 1986. Since then, there have been tens of thousands, hundreds of thousands Mafia games played throughout the world, in IRL, Forums, Video, Voice chat and more.

From all of these millions, billions, and even trillions Mafia games, there has not been a single town who has been more towny than I have been this game. Take that scumread back and be ashamed of yourself, son.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

[mention]jeraldooo[/mention] and [mention]1612[/mention] What are your reads on each other? You know each other, right?

Return to “Previous Heists”