Space Invaders [END]

Moderator: Community Team

Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 276
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Re: Space Invaders [Day 3]

Post by Alison »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:59 am Actually, Epi is probably double spewed town from Rej "protecting him".
this is a good point, I didn't realize this. I was already townreading Epi so he's just lock now.
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Alison

Re: Space Invaders [Day 2]

Post by Alison »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:28 am
protocultures wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:10 pmexplain that one to me.

A consensus townread (alien me) goes on a crusade to bury another consensus townread (alien Epi) in a 2KP until 2 game.

I am listening.
It's moot now, since I think Epi is town based on Rej interaction. Also, I think you're likely to be scum. The thing was just that your tunnel has been so firm it looks agenda-y.
Everything I've seen from protocultures - his need for "correct" mechanical play, his love of logical consistency and math, and his abhorrence of anyone who deviates from expectations or "the plan" - indicates that he would definitely tunnel really hard as town if a wilder player - like Epi - challenges his ideas of how town should play. I used to play like this as well until I made a conscious effort to cut back on tunnelling.
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief
Posts in topic: 43
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/herself/they

Post by sabie12 »

So nanook voted me with no explanation but I guess in this set up that's normal? Eh whatevz.

From what I know about Epi he doesn't like to bus teammates and he doesn't like to kill off newbies.

What reason would the aliens have to try to kill nutella I wonder? Knowing there were 4 people at least claiming to use their protect on her. Is it possible one of the people who claimed to protect her is an alien and they knew they weren't going to be protecting her? Or perhaps someone protected themselves. Shrug. Proto says don't use your protect unless it's on nutella. If they were an alien would they say this and then not shoot at random civilians hoping they didn't use the protects?

This game is tough to come into in the middle from a few month hiatus.
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
Alison

Re: Space Invaders [Night 2]

Post by Alison »

dunya wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:51 am
protocultures wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:04 pm @dunya

So I have now hard defended Carotenoid and Alison.

I should have high partner equity with them in your mind.

Do you think people reading our exchange will think we are doing scum theatre?
i get you don't do dead mafia analysis, but that's not exactly how it works for me.

tone, progression and overall thread contribution make a very big difference. also, my intuition comes into play as a fourth factor when i tie people together. and it's not the hard defence that bugs me, it's the suspecting them without giving reasons for suspicion that bugs me more. it's tmi-ey. like my issue on carot with rej.

alison has spent most of her time in self-defence mode as well (i mean, those are the bulk of posts that i remember), and that's not a good look to me. coupled with rej's treatment of her, i have reason to suspect her.

i look at the overall picture and decide if the person making the defences or accusations actually BELIEVES what they're saying. this is usually very easy to accomplish if you're bussing, but a lot of people fall into TMI and think what's obvious to them is obvious to others, but that isn't true.

those are my methods, and they work for me. ask @MacDougall. :p
I don't presume to know why Rej treated me the way it did except to tell you that he was directing that post towards a townie, not a teammate. Maybe he was just throwing out a bunch of rapid-fire fake reads to look like town firing from the hip and then came up with an explanation on the spot as to why he read me that way; I don't know. I contest the idea that I've spent most of my time in self-defense mode; I've spent a reasonable amount of time defending my posts and explaining myself, but only because people keep attacking those posts and demanding that I defend them. I've spent a pretty reasonable amount of time gamesolving and sorting people - see my pushes on Epi, Dizzy, LC, Carrotte, etc.
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 233

Post by Dyslexicon »

I'm up to Page 42
protocultures wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:50 pm I feel like we have near auto because aliens only have 1kp forever now and there should be other people cleared. I want to say Tony is also cleared but not 100% sure if they were hard scumreading rej early on.
This derp though. Is this strange when Proto has spent over half the time talking about math and mechanics, to not know the scum's KP?
Carotenoid wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:37 am* protocultures has become my strongest townread, and by a good margin
This is very interesting. Cause the world I have in mind is Proto/Carot. I feel Proto is deliberately handling Carot with silk gloves. If this is the team it looks like they're purposefully hard defending each other, maybe from the assumptions that's been floated that scum would rather bus. Would be cool if correct. There's a lot of people I town read and I have a hard time seeing other solutions. It's weird, but so weird that it makes sense to me.
protocultures wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:49 am I mathed why its BAD to save non nutella people with this many players remaning.
Question for you: You've been wrong on Soneji. You've been kind of wrong on Rej. Why are you still so intent on reading Epi scum? What makes you think you're qualified to make that read? It feels like you're just going and going to have something to do. Epi has clearly said he doesn't care about your math. Neither do I. Scum can post pro town strategy all day long. Doesn't mean they're town. Town can care less about mechanics. Doesn't mean they're scum.
protocultures wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:09 amThis explanation is the type I hate because its pure emotion, and how can other people try and read that?

Can you try and explain your emotion as to why we lose after one missed laser shot?
This is slightly just a rant about mafia in general. But this is a game with people in it. It's about understanding human behavior. Emotions is a big part of human behavior. I'm so confused by the statement "how can you expect us to read emotions" cause that's like... totally a normal part of life and it naturally leaks into mafia games too. Mafia is not a game about logic, first and foremost in my opinion. I respect different views, I just failed to not rant a bit about this.
dunya wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:17 ami was here all of n1. i wasn't here d1.

also, you of all people will not use any night kill "who was online" analysis with me, buddy! :meany: i know what you did that summer!
That is probably why I thought of it. =p But I'm over it since you indeed were here N1.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

dunya wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:03 am i mean, i feel weird how the majority of syndicats want to alien-read dizzy but hally and tutuu had town reads on them. so idk. why is our gut telling us dizzy is bad?
You have no idea how many times I've asked myself this. I have no idea what the fuck I'm doing wrong. The reason it's bothering me so is that the part where I have pride in mafia is my ability to almost never get mislynched. I have a very strong reaction to being read wrong. I know it's annoying, but I really just can't help how I feel. I'm very much trying to move past that and just solve the game though.
Dyslexicon
<3

Re: Space Invaders [Day 1]

Post by Dyslexicon »

Alison wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:03 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:28 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:17 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:16 am
MacDougall wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:20 pm God damn it I didn't want to care about this game...
mac wolf?
Don’t think so tbh
Sorry this is wrong

Yes he probably is but not cause of anything he’s done, cause of drago
This post reads to me like scum forgetting their reads. Earlier, nanook already wrote "sorry you subbed into a wolf slot Mac", so he's already drawn a mental connection between Mac and the Dragomir slot (which he scumread), and thinks of Mac as wolf. This "don't think so tbh" feels like scum forgetting that they're "supposed" to scumread Mac, and then an attempt at correcting the mistake.
Honestly, this is kind of glaring.

I haven't read anything else Nanook has said as scummy though. Never seen him as scum and he seems very like himself. I'll come back to that later, just wanted to quote this post.
protocultures
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 720

Post by protocultures »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:49 am
dunya wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:03 am i mean, i feel weird how the majority of syndicats want to alien-read dizzy but hally and tutuu had town reads on them. so idk. why is our gut telling us dizzy is bad?
You have no idea how many times I've asked myself this. I have no idea what the fuck I'm doing wrong. The reason it's bothering me so is that the part where I have pride in mafia is my ability to almost never get mislynched. I have a very strong reaction to being read wrong. I know it's annoying, but I really just can't help how I feel. I'm very much trying to move past that and just solve the game though.
This feels so scummy. Pure appeal to emotion to be townread. Consistent with "words hurt" but still.

I like dizzy's paranoia of me though and potential world with carotenoid. Dizzy back into "need to review".

I give more wiggle room on ambiguous points depending on whether I think they are town or not. Probably a bad thing to do but I do it.
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Re: Space Invaders [Day 1]

Post by protocultures »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:05 am
Alison wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:03 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:28 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:17 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:16 am
MacDougall wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:20 pm God damn it I didn't want to care about this game...
mac wolf?
Don’t think so tbh
Sorry this is wrong

Yes he probably is but not cause of anything he’s done, cause of drago
This post reads to me like scum forgetting their reads. Earlier, nanook already wrote "sorry you subbed into a wolf slot Mac", so he's already drawn a mental connection between Mac and the Dragomir slot (which he scumread), and thinks of Mac as wolf. This "don't think so tbh" feels like scum forgetting that they're "supposed" to scumread Mac, and then an attempt at correcting the mistake.
Honestly, this is kind of glaring.

I haven't read anything else Nanook has said as scummy though. Never seen him as scum and he seems very like himself. I'll come back to that later, just wanted to quote this post.
Don't think nanook makes this slip as mafia.

Don't think they reply the way they did if mafia.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 490
It’s my birthday

Post by dunya »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:28 am I don't understand this post.
Look. There's 0% chance Hally is wrong on me when subbing in like that. Literally 0%. That is all the relevant info you have regarding me/Hally. If you choose to ignore this, that is on you.
why are you avoiding my question?

when *would* dizzy kill hally?
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 133
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

I did not use my protect last night.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
It’s my birthday

Post by dunya »

Long Con wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:10 am I did not use my protect last night.
are u sure you didn't protect epi?

:biggrin:
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
It’s my birthday

Post by dunya »

protocultures wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:06 am
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:49 am
This feels so scummy. Pure appeal to emotion to be townread. Consistent with "words hurt" but still.

I like dizzy's paranoia of me though and potential world with carotenoid. Dizzy back into "need to review".

I give more wiggle room on ambiguous points depending on whether I think they are town or not. Probably a bad thing to do but I do it.
tbh dizzy's appeals to emotion do not sway me strongly as they once did. i've been severely burned by them, several layers deep with permanent damage. :smile:
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
It’s my birthday

Post by dunya »

whattttt, i was today years old when i realized the alrighty emoji doesn't actually have the tongue sticking out?????????? i always thought the little dude's tongue was sticking out.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

dunya wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:12 am

I'm feeling slow, why ask this?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
It’s my birthday

Post by dunya »

Long Con wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:20 am

uh, rej? ring any bells? it was a joke. now i explained a joke and it's lame. ;p
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:46 am I'm up to Page 42
protocultures wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:50 pm I feel like we have near auto because aliens only have 1kp forever now and there should be other people cleared. I want to say Tony is also cleared but not 100% sure if they were hard scumreading rej early on.
This derp though. Is this strange when Proto has spent over half the time talking about math and mechanics, to not know the scum's KP?
Carotenoid wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:37 am* protocultures has become my strongest townread, and by a good margin
This is very interesting. Cause the world I have in mind is Proto/Carot. I feel Proto is deliberately handling Carot with silk gloves. If this is the team it looks like they're purposefully hard defending each other, maybe from the assumptions that's been floated that scum would rather bus. Would be cool if correct. There's a lot of people I town read and I have a hard time seeing other solutions. It's weird, but so weird that it makes sense to me.
protocultures wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:49 am I mathed why its BAD to save non nutella people with this many players remaning.
Question for you: You've been wrong on Soneji. You've been kind of wrong on Rej. Why are you still so intent on reading Epi scum? What makes you think you're qualified to make that read? It feels like you're just going and going to have something to do. Epi has clearly said he doesn't care about your math. Neither do I. Scum can post pro town strategy all day long. Doesn't mean they're town. Town can care less about mechanics. Doesn't mean they're scum.
protocultures wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:09 amThis explanation is the type I hate because its pure emotion, and how can other people try and read that?

Can you try and explain your emotion as to why we lose after one missed laser shot?
This is slightly just a rant about mafia in general. But this is a game with people in it. It's about understanding human behavior. Emotions is a big part of human behavior. I'm so confused by the statement "how can you expect us to read emotions" cause that's like... totally a normal part of life and it naturally leaks into mafia games too. Mafia is not a game about logic, first and foremost in my opinion. I respect different views, I just failed to not rant a bit about this.
dunya wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:17 ami was here all of n1. i wasn't here d1.

also, you of all people will not use any night kill "who was online" analysis with me, buddy! :meany: i know what you did that summer!
That is probably why I thought of it. =p But I'm over it since you indeed were here N1.
Hands up. I made a mistake on alien KP with 2 alive. It's been consistent the entire game thinking 2kp until 2. You can iso my posts and check it.

You can tinfoil and think I breadcrumbed THAT as well. If so, I guess it's a respect scum read? Or tinfoil square and think my raising the possibility of breadcrumbing in the mistake is scummy.

I protect carotenoid because I townread them and don't think there is enough proof to flip my read. If there were I would be joining them.

I had null reads on Soneji and Rej. Kinda thought Soneji was more likely town but I didn't hard defend them. I'm open to re-evaluating epi. Have asked twice for links to their prev games. I think the flip post mortem makes it less likely they are alien. Let me know when you catch up fully.

What makes anyone qualified to do anything? What even is this question. You play mafia, you make reads. Didn't realise we needed a certificate of qualification. I can apply if there is a process.

People can say don't care about mechanics. If I determine they have the ability to work through it and wilfully choose not to, I make conclusions. Some people aren't logical - yes. I hate it.

Scum are unlikely to post pro town mechanical strategy. They don't need to. The majority of the game either doesn't care about it or doesn't want to engage it or hasn't thought about it at all or just doesn't get it. This isn't a normal game. This is a mech heavy game imo. Town can do disastrously worse depending on decisions. If I was scum I would be pushing the agenda of "ignore math - find scum - save townies".

How can you really read emotion on forum.

I'm sad. Am I lying?

My question to tutuu was legit. Their statement made no sense. I asked for an explanation other than "it was the feeling I had at the time". You got to have some inkling of why something made you feel this way. To flip it, if every time someone asks me to justify something I say it was a feeling, could you read me on that? Feels like a soft shielding on your part.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

dunya wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:22 am
Long Con wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:20 am

uh, rej? ring any bells? it was a joke. now i explained a joke and it's lame. ;p
Ok, sorry... I mean, everyone is asking everyone to reveal what they did last night, and I just got caught up and shared my non-action. I didn't get it because I'm, like, one of the only players who hadn't reveled it yet, and you didn't make the joke on any of them. I thought it was personally directed at me, wasn't sure if it was Rej-related shade. Or psychic vision, since...
Spoiler: show
I did protect Epi the first night. :blush: :blush: :blush:
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

*revealed
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

Alison wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:20 am
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:59 am Actually, Epi is probably double spewed town from Rej "protecting him".
this is a good point, I didn't realize this. I was already townreading Epi so he's just lock now.
[mention]Alison[/mention]

Need you to explain your townread on epi again. You said you had a theory re throw stuff and see what sticks. Epi said no it's based on post drunk edit sober or something like that. Why did you townread them prior to the Rej flip after they expressly said your theory was wrong.
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:59 am Epi doesn't kill newbies
There were a few people who knew Hally from somewhere else. Dyslexicon was one of them but there were a few other names in the mix. Was epi one of them? If yes, I feel like they wouldn't consider it "killing a newbie" but could get towncred for saying they don't kill newbies.

If Hally and epi don't know eachother then I guess I can just point my energy elsewhere. It would end up on Sabie which is fruitless since we want to give them a pass anyway.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

no, they didn't know each other
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

Alison wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:07 am
protocultures wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:14 am
Alison wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:57 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:05 pm Tony is town for proposing basically the same plan I did with the nifty addition of the protects coming from within the POE
I don't actually like this post - I don't think it's a good or convincing reason for reading Tony town. I think it's sort of null alignment-wise though, since at this stage in the game having forced reads can come from both town and scum. Scum forces reads because they don't have any of their own, town forces reads to try to get a sense of the game out of very little pages of content.
I read tony's plan as towny. Its solvy for a plan for town. I agree with Nanook's take on tony's plan as being towny.

I'm surprised you dont agree tbh. What didnt you like about tony's plan? I didnt love all of it, but I thought it came from a pro town pov.

Dont aliens just push bad plans?
Aliens can push bad plans. Aliens can also push good plans to look town. Saying someone is town just because they proposed the same plan as you is questionable. Especially when they did it after you, so they can just copy your plan to get towncred.
protocultures wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:16 am
Alison wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:01 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:14 pm Sorry Mac I think drago is scum for stuff entirely out of your control. Sorry you subbed into the wrong slot, it sucks :(

Semi related I’m saying 1.5 scum between Mac and bimbo
This post confused me. Nanook spent most of his time talking about mechanics prior to this, but comes out with a strong read on Dragomir scum in this post. Could be a reaction test, but... "1.5 scum between Mac and bimbo"? At the time, bimbo (Hally's slot) had no posts, so I'm just super confused why there was a relationship drawn between the slots or why a completely null slot is 50% to be a wolf.
Is my general theory that no/low posts makes people think they are scummy not true in forum?

Do other people not think this way?

Actual question btw.
I think no/low posts = null, because 95% of the time, lack of activity is caused by being busy IRL, low interest in the game etc. or factors that aren't related to alignment. If someone always lurks as wolf or tries to coast through the game, that is one thing, but in general just being completely AWOL from the start of the game is null.
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:56 am Actually first, @Alison sorry in advance if this is condescending, I have no idea what your forum mafia experience is like—are you familiar with activity tells?
I know what activity tells are. I think they're extremely unreliable, borderline angleshooty and have seen them create more false positives than accurate reads.
That's your take on activity tells. Your take makes sense. Do you think everyone else holds your view though or subconsciously scumread people who post less? Dunya got scummier for me until I realised it's just because they didn't post at all during their birthday. Not saying it's rational but I thought it was a common thing that people do.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
It’s my birthday

Post by dunya »

i don't rely on activity tells at all, i rely on why is the person actively avoiding conversation though. i feel carot is guilty of that on numerous occasions, but i really don't don't their playstyle.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Totally caught up! :cloud9:
Epignosis wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:04 am There's no way I can in good conscience support the death of proto. I have changed my mind.

Something clicked (I won't say what), but it's enough for me to come around.

If nutella wants to shoot proto, whatever, but I'm looking elsewhere.
I wish you shared what this was.
protocultures wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:12 amJust an FYI to everyone in the game. To me, the game is the game and outside the game is outside the game.
(^This 100% btw!)
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:12 am
protocultures wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:11 amunsure what to make of referencing coffee since in day 0, someone made a coffee tell read. not sure if it was a meme. So hard to tell what is meme and what is meta
It’s a meme
How dare you
dunya wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:10 amwhy are you avoiding my question?

when *would* dizzy kill hally?
It's a moot question to me. It's so unhelpful to wifom over this I can't even begin to express it. But: Dizzy would kill Hally in any game any time. Hally is a great player, reads me better than anyone else, and is good for thread movement. High priority kill for anyone.
dunya wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:15 amtbh dizzy's appeals to emotion do not sway me strongly as they once did. i've been severely burned by them, several layers deep with permanent damage. :smile:
This is fair. My whole scum game is based around trying to catch up to my town game. I reflexively get upset by being scum read as town, so I try to express the same when I'm scum. Sucks to be me now. Your paranoia is understandable. But your suspicion on me is fully only paranoia. So here we are. I don't know what I can do for you, but I think you're town.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

protocultures wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:26 amHands up. I made a mistake on alien KP with 2 alive. It's been consistent the entire game thinking 2kp until 2. You can iso my posts and check it.

You can tinfoil and think I breadcrumbed THAT as well. If so, I guess it's a respect scum read? Or tinfoil square and think my raising the possibility of breadcrumbing in the mistake is scummy.
I'll ISO you later anyway. I guess you could assume wrong as any alignment.
I protect carotenoid because I townread them and don't think there is enough proof to flip my read. If there were I would be joining them.
Ok.
I had null reads on Soneji and Rej. Kinda thought Soneji was more likely town but I didn't hard defend them. I'm open to re-evaluating epi. Have asked twice for links to their prev games. I think the flip post mortem makes it less likely they are alien. Let me know when you catch up fully.

What makes anyone qualified to do anything? What even is this question. You play mafia, you make reads. Didn't realise we needed a certificate of qualification. I can apply if there is a process.
Ok. The thing I'm trying to get at is that your tunnel on Epi is one of the weirdest I've seen in a game. It's like you hate everything Epi posts and I don't get it. That's why it seems agenda-y, because it reads like you have decided what to think on beforehand. Same when you tried to make interaction analysis based on Soneji and Rej's ISOs. It read like you didn't want to find anything relevant, so then you didn't find anything relevant. Imo, reading interactions is one of the greatest ways to catch mafia. Yeah, it can be WIFOMy, but I doubt either Soneji or Rej was very conscious in how they interacted with others. Rej was barely afloat in the game it seems. We already know Soneji interacted with Rej in a way that incriminated Rej, that has already been pointed out.
People can say don't care about mechanics. If I determine they have the ability to work through it and wilfully choose not to, I make conclusions. Some people aren't logical - yes. I hate it.
I will one up you and say that no people are logical. You included.

Scum are unlikely to post pro town mechanical strategy. They don't need to. The majority of the game either doesn't care about it or doesn't want to engage it or hasn't thought about it at all or just doesn't get it. This isn't a normal game. This is a mech heavy game imo. Town can do disastrously worse depending on decisions. If I was scum I would be pushing the agenda of "ignore math - find scum - save townies".
I totally disagree. Posting pro-town strategy as scum is the easiest thing you can do. It happens all the time.
How can you really read emotion on forum.

I'm sad. Am I lying?
I can't even respond to this any less snarky than I am right now, so this will have to do.
My question to tutuu was legit. Their statement made no sense. I asked for an explanation other than "it was the feeling I had at the time". You got to have some inkling of why something made you feel this way. To flip it, if every time someone asks me to justify something I say it was a feeling, could you read me on that? Feels like a soft shielding on your part.
I don't remember this well. I thought Tutuu was town, and Sabie needs time to get into the game.
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Re: Space Invaders [Night 1]

Post by protocultures »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:56 am I'm up to like Page 34 or something.
I've already adjusted some reads in my head. I'll go through Rej spew after catching up, but I found a post Rej is talking to Epi in a way that really looks like Epi is town. So yeah, Epi town. Also deciding to believe the Dunya kill thing, though she's being annoying as hell (but I still love you, of course). I see she was around on N1 also.

Anyway, this post in response to Rej saying he protected Epi is weird to me:
protocultures wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:43 amWhy did you use a bunker save at all?

Why did you think Epi would be an alien target?

Did you read the arguments for/against using bunker saves on non-nutella people?

Where did you land on those arguments?

Do you think you made yourself a higher laser target for Day 2 because you now only have 3 bunker saves remaining?
With how much Proto tunnelled Epi I would expect a more wtf reaction to Rej protecting Epi. Like, "Why the hell would you protect Epi he's so scummy" kind of thing. Proto's stance on Rej has been meh. If Proto is scum he's actively tried to deflect from his teammates. He mentioned he would bus if scum, but then again, if he actually is scum, he would just lie. I also liked Epi's point about Proto giving Soneji a "very, very light townread". It falls in line with Proto saying that Rej was susp for a post he made, but he would leave the door open to town again depending on the follow up. I don't think Proto has talked to anyone else like that.

Honestly finding more reasons to think many are town than scum. But there's only two scum left so maybe not that strange lol.

@nutella and @Epignosis Can you explain to me why you think LC is town?

Still not nearly caught up. Just needed to point this post out.
Rej claiming a night save on someone not Nutella is not as "bad" as preclaiming a save on Nutella. Does that help the difference in approach? They also haven't posted much and seemed to have gone through some dentistry and think had said they weren't as active as they would like to be. I cut them a bit of slack - yes. The real question is if I am an alien partner with Rej do I have the interaction at all knowing it's all going to be reviewed???
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

I'll get my reads out:
(I will ISO Soneji and Rej both, but I need to take a break from this game soon as I've spent hours already)

Town (maybe somewhat in order):

Epi - Spewed town by Rej. Will get posts when I ISO Rej.
Dunya - I believe they wouldn't kill Hally. I can see their paranoia. I'm trying not to omgus. I thought they were town in the very beginning and this is probably just correct.
Alison - I have a very hard time seeing Alison as scum here. Her analysis and how she reacts to others seems very solid and genuine. Like she's actually building worlds inside her head. I will be impressed if she's scum.
Mac - Is probably just town. Their frustration of being scum read early seemed genuine. Also liked the point he agreed with Hally on town reading me "because he likes me". Just seemed unnecessary if scum. Apparently back on the Dizzy H8r wagon now, but meh. I would still guess town for Mac. I wish I posted more.
Tutubie - I think Tutu is town. I can't bother to explain this other than she felt town and the way she assumed she was universally town read is towny.
Nanook - I can't really bring myself to scum read Nanook. All of their posts just reads like normal Nanook when they've been town. It's not very solid reasoning. Also they mentioned they didn't want me to be scum. I think this is more likely to come from town. I also make reads or at least have in mind who I'd feel the most bad about being wrong on etc in my suspicions. Not optimal, but it's a thing.

Others:
Tony - I wouldn't be surprised if Tony is town. Maybe I'm just tilted from him assuming Soneji scum before Soneji flipped (which probably could have a reasonable explanation which I discussed with Hally). He's also a bit in the background for me.
LC - I fear omgus. I'd rather want Nut to read LC. Sorry/not sorry. Or I'll have to get back to it later.
Proto - There's so many things I don't like catching up. He really seemed to be deflecting from Soneji and Rej. Maybe too obvious, but he also said he's used to playing without flips. On the other hand, same with Alison here, if he's scum I'll be impressed by his sheer involvement.
Carot - Probably who I think is the most likely scum at this point. Don't get her scum read on Alison. Also seems like a weak push/not genuine. More just defence. Seem less impactful than before. I thought town for the glaring deflect on Soneji, but it doesn't hold up for me anymore. Maybe she thought she had town cred.

^At least two of these are town. Hi. Hello.

^I want to ISO Proto and Carot at a point to.
I guess I won't do anything but mafia today. =p
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
It’s my birthday

Post by dunya »

i'm curious what you come up with carot, dizzy. can you do her iso first?
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

protocultures wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:52 amRej claiming a night save on someone not Nutella is not as "bad" as preclaiming a save on Nutella. Does that help the difference in approach? They also haven't posted much and seemed to have gone through some dentistry and think had said they weren't as active as they would like to be. I cut them a bit of slack - yes. The real question is if I am an alien partner with Rej do I have the interaction at all knowing it's all going to be reviewed???
Yet Rej flipped scum and nobody who has preclaimed a save on Nutella is flipped scum.

Yeah. Obvious question there. That is what I'm trying to figure out. Feels like you were being deliberately lenient with Rej. I absolutely didn't like your interaction with him or how you talked about him. Especially you not having even a bit of frustration about Epi being the protect of choice for Rej. Read more like you were trying to give Rej the opportunity to become more towny. Read like you knew it didn't happen anyway.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

dunya wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:09 pm i'm curious what you come up with carot, dizzy. can you do her iso first?
I prefer to do Soneji and Rej first for my own sake. I don't understand how it matters who I do first. I'll do all later anyway. I need a break before I do ISOs.
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

In relation to post flip analysis, I said I don't like it, I said I'm bad at it, I said I will learn to do it because I'm going to have to at Syndicate.

Re my comment on would interact with Rej as a partner. That's wifom too. That's my issue with it all.
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:10 pm
protocultures wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:52 amRej claiming a night save on someone not Nutella is not as "bad" as preclaiming a save on Nutella. Does that help the difference in approach? They also haven't posted much and seemed to have gone through some dentistry and think had said they weren't as active as they would like to be. I cut them a bit of slack - yes. The real question is if I am an alien partner with Rej do I have the interaction at all knowing it's all going to be reviewed???
Yet Rej flipped scum and nobody who has preclaimed a save on Nutella is flipped scum.

Yeah. Obvious question there. That is what I'm trying to figure out. Feels like you were being deliberately lenient with Rej. I absolutely didn't like your interaction with him or how you talked about him. Especially you not having even a bit of frustration about Epi being the protect of choice for Rej. Read more like you were trying to give Rej the opportunity to become more towny. Read like you knew it didn't happen anyway.
The more you are suspicious of me the more I will townread you. No sarcasm.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

[mention]nutella[/mention] If you still suspect me, consider two things (apart from like the whole thread lol). And fuck this being read as "defensive". 1) I voted to yeet Rej on D1. I was early to push him because I vividly remember a game (I think the only game I've played with him) where he was lynched D1 and I was desperately trying to save him because I thought he was so obvious town. He did not at all give off the same obvious town vibe here which quickly made me suspicious of him. And 2) the post where Rej flat out says he's not "threatened" by me. This should spew me town tbh. I don't care that I have to point it out myself, it's just true.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

protocultures wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:15 pmThe more you are suspicious of me the more I will townread you. No sarcasm.
Why?

Also do you think Rej will claim a protect on Epi if Epi was their teammate? And if you're answer to this is going to be "wifom" then I think the convo will stop there.
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:19 pm
protocultures wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:15 pmThe more you are suspicious of me the more I will townread you. No sarcasm.
Why?

Also do you think Rej will claim a protect on Epi if Epi was their teammate? And if you're answer to this is going to be "wifom" then I think the convo will stop there.
I have been hard defending people I don't need to. It should look scummy to town. It's weird people townread me so strongly.

I tried to deflect a shot away from Rej.

I am hard defending Nanook, Alison, carotenoid.

If there is a person with high partner equity it's me.

Re save on to epi? Don't know. If I was in alien chat I would have suggested they don't claim a save at all.
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

I will say the lack of claimed saves is good in a way.

Will explain later assuming this continues.
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

protocultures wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:38 pm I will say the lack of claimed saves is good in a way.

Will explain later assuming this continues.
This is in relation to last night, not Rej
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

Also the way epi and I are flipping on eachother should seem partnery to you as well, especially since my 2kp2 response is invalid.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

protocultures wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:29 pm
Why?

I have been hard defending people I don't need to. It should look scummy to town. It's weird people townread me so strongly.

Re save on to epi? Don't know. If I was in alien chat I would have suggested they don't claim a save at all.
I feel like I see half the players in any given game slamming down hard Town reads all the time, starting on Day Zero. You committing to hard Town reads that I don't understand doesn't phase me like you seemed to think it would. Maybe it's the environment here.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

*faze sorry, voice to text
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

Long Con wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:43 pm
Why?

I feel like I see half the players in any given game slamming down hard Town reads all the time, starting on Day Zero. You committing to hard Town reads that I don't understand doesn't phase me like you seemed to think it would. Maybe it's the environment here.
Me specifically or in general?

I would be suspicious of someone giving hard townreads that I don't think the person making them believes in.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
It’s my birthday

Post by dunya »

i do believe you believe them your reasons for townreading someone, even though those reasons don't click with me. like, the same reasons you give may mean something else with me. i also put a lot of weight in how someone looks with both dead aliens, how sloneji and rej treated them and how they treated the aliens. your suspicion or defences don't come across as TMI but authentic.
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

dunya wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:00 am
protocultures wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:29 pm @dunya

Can you explain your day/night progression of yours reads on below players? Ideally with some blurb for me to follow as to why.

Epi
Tony
Longcon

I just did an iso on you. Reason I cant read you is you make a lot of short posts and ask a lot of questions, but havent seen any walls of text for me to get any sense of where your head is at. Not everyone is a wall of text kind of person, but it would help me a lot to determine your alignment if you explain your read progression on these 3 players.
epi- scum epi doesn't get so opinionated and fixated on bad reads. he's in TMI land and will make reads that are more easy to push. going after me and you--not easy. why would he not instead make fake cases on people we are more easily to suspect? tunnelling a brand new player to our website from day 0--not epi behavior. plus, he's basically oozing town and i will bet my cat on it. if i lose to him this game, i'm more than ok with that. i don't agree with a lot of his reads, i mean, i think he's very wrong about me and you, but i'm okay with that.

tony- i waffle on tony tbh. but he makes some posts that just seem so authentically coming from a townie mindset that i wanna lock town him. his game mechanic solving has seemed as authentic as nanook's... i guess i felt a little less confident with him sort of disappearing, but it doesn't change his iso looking townie. we just finished playing a game together where he was in LyLo with LC and Epi. i knew he was town there, and i believe he's town here. there's a lot of overlap in behavior.

lc- i dunno. my weakest town read is on lc out of these three, but i iso'd them and like, didn't feel any negative energy from their posts. seem really authentic and in a setup like this, i feel like LC woulda been stronger at bussing. that's speculative but idk, i just don't think they're in my poe now.
Are you allowed to bet a cat?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

protocultures wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:51 pm
Long Con wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:43 pm
Why?

Me specifically or in general?

I would be suspicious of someone giving hard townreads that I don't think the person making them believes in.
In general. I just accept that everyone judges things in different ways, until something sets off alarm bells. You specifically as well, because I have never played with you before, so I don't know how you usually play, or if these townreads are unusual for you.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
It’s my birthday

Post by dunya »

it's my cat so why not ;p
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

protocultures wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:02 pm
dunya wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:00 am
protocultures wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:29 pm @dunya

Can you explain your day/night progression of yours reads on below players? Ideally with some blurb for me to follow as to why.

Epi
Tony
Longcon

I just did an iso on you. Reason I cant read you is you make a lot of short posts and ask a lot of questions, but havent seen any walls of text for me to get any sense of where your head is at. Not everyone is a wall of text kind of person, but it would help me a lot to determine your alignment if you explain your read progression on these 3 players.
epi- scum epi doesn't get so opinionated and fixated on bad reads. he's in TMI land and will make reads that are more easy to push. going after me and you--not easy. why would he not instead make fake cases on people we are more easily to suspect? tunnelling a brand new player to our website from day 0--not epi behavior. plus, he's basically oozing town and i will bet my cat on it. if i lose to him this game, i'm more than ok with that. i don't agree with a lot of his reads, i mean, i think he's very wrong about me and you, but i'm okay with that.

tony- i waffle on tony tbh. but he makes some posts that just seem so authentically coming from a townie mindset that i wanna lock town him. his game mechanic solving has seemed as authentic as nanook's... i guess i felt a little less confident with him sort of disappearing, but it doesn't change his iso looking townie. we just finished playing a game together where he was in LyLo with LC and Epi. i knew he was town there, and i believe he's town here. there's a lot of overlap in behavior.

lc- i dunno. my weakest town read is on lc out of these three, but i iso'd them and like, didn't feel any negative energy from their posts. seem really authentic and in a setup like this, i feel like LC woulda been stronger at bussing. that's speculative but idk, i just don't think they're in my poe now.
Are you allowed to bet a cat?
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

dunya wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:03 pm it's my cat so why not ;p
Post 3 - angle shooting
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

dunya wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:57 pm i do believe you believe them your reasons for townreading someone, even though those reasons don't click with me. like, the same reasons you give may mean something else with me. i also put a lot of weight in how someone looks with both dead aliens, how sloneji and rej treated them and how they treated the aliens. your suspicion or defences don't come across as TMI but authentic.
What did you think of Epignosis' analysis of Soneji and rej interactions? proto looks like a teammate in them; am I allowing myself to be swayed by biased conclusions by Epi?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
It’s my birthday

Post by dunya »

protocultures wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:05 pm
dunya wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:03 pm it's my cat so why not ;p
Post 3 - angle shooting
eh? it's a joke. i bet my cat in a lot of games; i'm not *actually* betting my cat. think of it like a phrase: i'll retire mafia if protocultures is alien in this game.

Return to “Previous Heists”