Wuppitybairn, deru, deru!

Poll ended at Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:58 pm

bea
33%
FZ.
No votes
insertnamehere
17%
Kate and Ruth Greenfield (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
50%

Total votes: 6
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 53

Re: Willow [Prologue]

Post by S~V~S »

That happens to me a lot, people want me to be bad, so they misread me :)
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 52
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

I don't want you to be bad, I hope you're not bad SVS. I like your participation when you're a civvie, and do not enjoy when we are on opposing teams. :P

Are you suspicious of anyone yet? There was a lot of discussion for a Day 0 (that opening poll was an excellent way to get discussion rolling in a game, I might add), but I can't say that anything I read the first time through pinged me outright.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 78

Post by thellama73 »

S~V~S wrote: I could pay tribute to many people in this game, but i will pay it to Andrew. He is the smartest young man I have ever met, maybe the smartest person, and he is a pretty cool guy, too.

I vote Andrew.
Smarter than me? SVS comes right out of the gate with a lie. :)
S~V~S wrote: No, that is "our host has little kids of his own, so I doubt Andrew is bad". I don't think Epi would put him in a position where he would have to kill his Mom, OR talk with his Mom about killing other people. Therefore, I doubt he is bad, which is more than I can say for any of the rest of you nubs :p

I may be wrong, but that is my thought on it.
I find this meta-analysis very shady. She's trying to clear someone of suspicion based on who they are and who the host is, not based on how he is playing.
S~V~S wrote: And I think what I think. I don't think he would randomize Andrew into a position where he has to kill his mother, or talk to his mother about killing other people. Ergo, he is not bad. This is my reasoning, which is why I voted for him. If you and Llama think otherwise, then do otherwise.
That's not why you said you voted for him. You said you voted for him because he was maybe "the smartest person" you had ever met.
S~V~S wrote: Like i said, i find it unlikely that Epi would put an 8 year old in a position to night kill his Mother, or to discuss killing people with his Mother, i just don't. I could be totally wrong, but that is what i believe. I am not trying to make anyone else believe it.
I think you are trying to make other people believe it, given how often you are repeating it.
S~V~S wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
S~V~S wrote:Becasue i know him~ hes a smart kid, and a sophisticated one, but I still think he would have troubles being part of a decision to NK his Mom.
So you believe that if he were randomly assigned the NK role he would prefer to lose the game than NK Kate? I don't think I understand your point.
I think any little kid would be uncomfortable with this decision. And i don't understand why you are making such a huge deal out of this. This is my opinion. i could be wrong.

Linki~ I disagree, tbh. As usual.
How quickly we go from "the smartest person" you have ever met, to incapable of distinguishing between an elimination game and actual death.

I am voting for S~V~S today. I believe she has been trying to established a confirmed civ irrespective of what has happened in the actual game because either
a) they are teammates
b) S~V~S is bad and knows Andrew is civ, so is establishing credibility when and if he is ever killed.

linki:
S~V~S wrote:That happens to me a lot, people want me to be bad, so they misread me :)
I don't want you to be bad, but I sure think you are. :) It does happen to me a lot too, though, so I can relate.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 77

Post by DharmaHelper »

@FZ I had a reason for voting for Andrew. Not sure where you got that I had no good reason to do so.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

If there's one thing I know about DH, it's that he always has good reasons for everything he does.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 77

Post by DharmaHelper »

Oft times it looks like I'm being a complete loon but yes. :P
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Turnip Head wrote:I don't want you to be bad, I hope you're not bad SVS. I like your participation when you're a civvie, and do not enjoy when we are on opposing teams. :P

Are you suspicious of anyone yet? There was a lot of discussion for a Day 0 (that opening poll was an excellent way to get discussion rolling in a game, I might add), but I can't say that anything I read the first time through pinged me outright.
I have spent most of this game defending wanting to give a little kid i know IRL a prize. As you can see from Llamas vote, it is being turned into something sinister when really I only wanted Andrew to have fun and getting prizes is fun. Oh, and I did not read something posted in the sign up thread. And it appears that that is where this thread is going to head. Several people have seemed to be honing in on this. It was not "trying for cred", and I know I can be cynical, as can we all, but not when it comes to kids.

So at this point, I am not sure. I don't want to do the No U, but I am not sure why someone would want to blow this out of proportion, but it seems to be the trend. I think I may have to hold my vote, and being as I am going out today to a family party, I won;t be around much either.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I am going to a party this evening as well, which is why I voted rather early, so I am sorry about that, at least.

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I honestly have to say that your post up there is the most cynical thing i have eber seen in mafia, it actually makes me want to go on hiatus or stop playing. I am not even sure if I should be putting this in green.

I honestly only wanted a kid to win a prize. I think you are not bad, and believe what you are saying. But tbh, i also think you were just looking for any old thing to suspect me, and grabbed at that. You must think I am a bad person to use an 8 year old for cred. I would have done what I did if i were bad or good, for the exact reasons i stated.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

S~V~S wrote:I honestly have to say that your post up there is the most cynical thing i have eber seen in mafia, it actually makes me want to go on hiatus or stop playing. I am not even sure if I should be putting this in green.

I honestly only wanted a kid to win a prize. I think you are not bad, and believe what you are saying. But tbh, i also think you were just looking for any old thing to suspect me, and grabbed at that. You must think I am a bad person to use an 8 year old for cred. I would have done what I did if i were bad or good, for the exact reasons i stated.
I don't think you are a bad person at all. I like you! I know we both always get frustrated playing with each other, but I genuinely do like you.

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I would also add that it is Day 1 and I have to vote for someone. I am not going to claim that the case I made against you is rock solid by any means, but at this point, you are the person I most suspect and I don't like to randomize, especially when there has been as much discussion as there has been in this game so far.

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

S~V~S wrote:I honestly have to say that your post up there is the most cynical thing i have eber seen in mafia,
Sorry for the triple post, but I have more to say.

The only reason you are calling my post cynical is because Andrew is 8 years old. If it were any other player, there would be absolutely nothing cynical about it, at least no more so than any game of mafia, which is by its nature a cynical game that involves lying and manipulation.

Now, I personally believe that children deserve to be treated with respect and dignity. Arguing that Andrew could not make an effective baddie because of his age is not respectful. Saying that you would not use him for civvie cred (which let's be honest, you would unhesitatingly do with any other player) is not respectful.

I intend to treat Andrew the same as anyone else in this game, just as I do with the children I encounter in the real world. I do not think the fact that I would expect the same from you (and everyone else) is particularly cynical.

Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 37

Post by Elohcin »

If Epi did assign roles, I would argue that he made Andrew bad so that he would have a team to talk to and help him along his way, not that Epi would make his a civ b/c he is young.

BUT ALAS!!! This quote is from sign-ups.....
Epignosis wrote:All roles have been randomly distributed. If you did not get a role and you were expecting one, let me know.

The thread is open.

May the force be...

Wait...don't know why I said that. :confused:
Andrew (despite his age) could be bad or could be good. I don't think anyone should have any preconceived ideas about what team he is on because of his age. I trust that Kate knows if her son is ready to play or not.

With that said...let's stop talking about Andrew as if he isn't a part of this thread. Let treat him with dignity and respect. There are several other players to talk about. If we let the SVS/Llama rival destract us, discussion will not happen and we will not have any suspects. So...to all of you just sitting back and watching the drama, please speak up, talk, let's get a baddie today. I know it barely EVER happens, but let's try.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 22

Post by Sorsha »

S~V~S wrote:I expected it to sound more...totally positive, i guess? The "Yay" thing turned into vicious dogs attacking (which was an odd coincidence due to the death dogs in D & D yesterday, but that was not what I meant). The death dogs part was unexpected, I guess.
It's been a while since I've seen the movie but iirc that's how it happen there. The death dogs came right after the apprentice prospects were showing off their skills. :shrug: I don't think it has to do with the choice we made.

I'm not sure who I'm voting for yet, going to read day 0 again to see if anything jumps out at me.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Citizens of Nelwyn,

I think SVS knows young Andrew is a civvie because she's bad.

I believe she is luring him into a false sense of security, and she intends to do the child harm.

We must protect the child at all costs.

*votes SVS*

If she's not bad, you can lynch me next. :noble:
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 10

Post by Dom »

Th, I was thinking SVS was bad for different reasons. I think she has been way too active in saying who is civvie and not who is baddie. :)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 125

Post by FZ. »

thellama73 wrote:I would also add that it is Day 1 and I have to vote for someone. I am not going to claim that the case I made against you is rock solid by any means, but at this point, you are the person I most suspect and I don't like to randomize, especially when there has been as much discussion as there has been in this game so far.
I actually think you're stretching a lot with your "case". Not saying she can't be bad, but the reasons you gave just make me look at you more closely than they do her.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Turnip Head wrote:Citizens of Nelwyn,

I think SVS knows young Andrew is a civvie because she's bad.

I believe she is luring him into a false sense of security, and she intends to do the child harm.

We must protect the child at all costs.

*votes SVS*

If she's not bad, you can lynch me next. :noble:
If you're a civ and she turns out to be one too, why would you say to lynch you next? I assume you're trying to make us believe you're sure about her being a baddie, but I also know that baddies often use the "if I'm wrong, lynch me next" sentence, hoping that when they say that, they seem more proactive and less hesitant as if they have nothing to hide. :eye:
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

Dom wrote:Th, I was thinking SVS was bad for different reasons. I think she has been way too active in saying who is civvie and not who is baddie. :)
Who has she said was civvie/ baddie other than her opinion on andrew.

I just reread the thread and she's been on defense since the get go, first from llama and now from TH. Nothing came across as baddie to me in her posts... And I agree with what fz just stated.... I'm looking closer at llama and TH because of the back and forth going on, than I am at SVS.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Dom wrote:Th, I was thinking SVS was bad for different reasons. I think she has been way too active in saying who is civvie and not who is baddie. :)
Why does that make her a baddie and not a civ? In the very few games I got to play with her, she's been quite active and voiced her opinions. This just seems like bandwagoning but while trying to appear like you're having your own thoughts
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Kate
LAMIST Supatown
Posts in topic: 76
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Kate »

Hello. I am at baseball with sir andrew.

I'll reread and vote/post later but I wanted to say to fz. If that vote for me was actually a mistake, I'd ask you to kindly remove it! There may be unforeseen consequences. Also. If it was not, then by all means vote your conscience.
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Kate wrote:Hello. I am at baseball with sir andrew.

I'll reread and vote/post later but I wanted to say to fz. If that vote for me was actually a mistake, I'd ask you to kindly remove it! There may be unforeseen consequences. Also. If it was not, then by all means vote your conscience.
It was a mistake, but since I can't just take off a vote, but rather have to change it to take it off of you, I need to figure out who I'm voting for, before I can do that.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Like I said, if SVS ends up getting lynched and I'm wrong about her, feel free to lynch me next. I'm a civvie with a strong conviction that Ive learned how to read SVS somewhat, and my gut is telling me she is a baddie this game. I think she'd be playing a much different game if she were a civ. I'm going all in on my suspicion of SVS.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Turnip Head wrote:Like I said, if SVS ends up getting lynched and I'm wrong about her, feel free to lynch me next. I'm a civvie with a strong conviction that Ive learned how to read SVS somewhat, and my gut is telling me she is a baddie this game. I think she'd be playing a much different game if she were a civ. I'm going all in on my suspicion of SVS.
What would you expect her to do as a civ that she isn't doing now?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

And SVS didn't have to be on the defensive the whole time, FZ. I asked her if she had any suspicions, but she only wanted to defend herself or talk about people she thinks are civvies. Those are indicators of baddie behavior in my book.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

FZ. wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:Like I said, if SVS ends up getting lynched and I'm wrong about her, feel free to lynch me next. I'm a civvie with a strong conviction that Ive learned how to read SVS somewhat, and my gut is telling me she is a baddie this game. I think she'd be playing a much different game if she were a civ. I'm going all in on my suspicion of SVS.
What would you expect her to do as a civ that she isn't doing now?
I would be expecting her to find someone to accuse.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Turnip Head wrote:And SVS didn't have to be on the defensive the whole time, FZ. I asked her if she had any suspicions, but she only wanted to defend herself or talk about people she thinks are civvies. Those are indicators of baddie behavior in my book.
You've got a point on the second part, but at that time, there was not much to talk about in terms of suspicions, was there? I said yesterday that I can see some of the baddies voting for Andrew in that poll, but I don't know, I'm not really getting bad vibes from her.

I have a question regarding Kate. I've never played with her. Is she always asking people to do something or telling them what to do? She's done it twice this game. Once with asking people to give her the power last day, and now telling me to unvote her because it may have consequences. Is that her usual MO?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 18

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

From what I've seen, not really. The only person she's really been getting on about is Andrew. Otherwise it seems like she's in defense mode most of the rest of the time.

Maybe you're playing your own mind games with us. :eye:
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Not much time left and I needed to vote. I randomized and got Dom. I promise I won't randomize Day 2. :p
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

I'm half-tempted to go with S~V~S. I could see her being bad and trying to gain some cred by setting Andrew up. But I'm going to go with Dom, because I think what he is attempting to do is more subtle, and at least as unfriendly. Plus Dom is outright lying and S~V~S may very well just be speculating. Also, I like ties for Day 1. :D

Votes Dom
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

:ponder:
Andrew
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Andrew »

;) I'm voting fv because he thought I wasn't old enough to play. That's bad :p
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:I'm half-tempted to go with S~V~S. I could see her being bad and trying to gain some cred by setting Andrew up. But I'm going to go with Dom, because I think what he is attempting to do is more subtle, and at least as unfriendly. Plus Dom is outright lying and S~V~S may very well just be speculating. Also, I like ties for Day 1. :D

Votes Dom
I actually agree with you here. I'm going with Dom too
Votes Dom

@linki: That's FZ and I'm female. But I guess I deserve this from you
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 56
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Sorry, I don't have time to read up at the moment so I opted to self-vote rather than random. I can assure you that I did not let any dogs out.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

FZ. wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:And SVS didn't have to be on the defensive the whole time, FZ. I asked her if she had any suspicions, but she only wanted to defend herself or talk about people she thinks are civvies. Those are indicators of baddie behavior in my book.
You've got a point on the second part, but at that time, there was not much to talk about in terms of suspicions, was there? I said yesterday that I can see some of the baddies voting for Andrew in that poll, but I don't know, I'm not really getting bad vibes from her.

I have a question regarding Kate. I've never played with her. Is she always asking people to do something or telling them what to do? She's done it twice this game. Once with asking people to give her the power last day, and now telling me to unvote her because it may have consequences. Is that her usual MO?
Pretty much. I've had good reason to ask what I've asked so far.
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

I think good points have been made about dom. I'm sorry I don't have more time to post tonight. I'll be more active soon. Also SVS is reading civ to me thus far in this game and I think he may be trying to sway things her way. And I think he may know better.

Votes dom
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

I'm fine with Dom getting the vote but I'm going to place mine on TH. I think he was doing some of the same that Dom is being accused of... Jumping on the (llama) suspicions on SVS.

Votes th
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 64
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

I'm gonna be honest here. I haven't read any bit of today's info. I had to work till 3 am sat. night, go to chruch with the hubbies fam at 8 am. We had to go to dinner with the fam after church and Ieft my phone at work. I've just *now* woken up from the 3 hours of sleep I have had since yes4terday afternoon.

I'm voting myself because I don't know what's going on and I don't feel fair throwing on a vote to anyone without having read the cases.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I have not really had time to read back, still at the parents, but don't want to miss the vote. Voting self preservation, sorry Dom.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 71

Re: Willow [POLLS]

Post by Epignosis »

Who let the Dogs out?

Poll ended at Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:19 pm

Andrew
No votes

bea
bea (12)
8%

birdwithteeth11
No votes

DharmaHelper
No votes

Dom
Elohcin (5), birdwithteeth11 (6), FZ. (8), Kate (10), S~V~S (13)
38%

Elohcin
No votes

FZ.
Andrew (7)
8%

insertnamehere
No votes

Kate
No votes

Metalmarsh89
Metalmarsh89 (9)
8%

Sorsha
insertnamehere (2)
8%

S~V~S
thellama73 (3), Turnip Head (4)
15%

thellama73
No votes

Turnip Head
Sorsha (11)
8%

Warwick Davis (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
Epignosis (1)
8%

Total votes : 13
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Day 1: The Journey Begins

The arrival of the death dogs had shaken the village.

thellama73 was irritated. “Pick a young person. Death dogs arrive. Q.E.D.”

“Hush, you superstitious fool,” came a reply. “We have to get the baby...whoever has her...to Tir Asleen.”

The gathered villagers saw someone doing something suspicious in the brush. It was Dom they saw.

Five villagers piled onto him, hitting him and tugging at his beard. “He’s the one who called the death dogs on us!” they cried.

But Dom was just trying to conjure something magical that would help them along.

Dom has been lynched. He was the High Aldwin.

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Night 1: Acorns?

Something fell out of the High Aldwin’s pack. It was a satchel full of acorns.

The villagers argued over who should get the acorns. It came down to a vote.

It is now Night 1. You have 23 hours to send in your PMs.
Despite the deadline noted in the poll, Night ends at 6:38pm.

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Re: Willow [Night 1]

Post by Turnip Head »

Rest in peace Dom. :(
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

I don't think I will ever randomize again :/ So sorry Dom!
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

CRAP. Sorry.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 10

Post by Dom »

:|
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

^^And here we instituted an extra rule for your poor son, and he has to see his mother using those words?! :O

Can I get a mod up in dis hizzy?

Also, RIP Dom! Sorry I was so wrong about you! :(
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Citizens of Nelwyn,

I don't think anyone who voted for Dom deserves to have his bag of acorns.

Vote for me to have the acorns, and I will use it as best I can to help us civilians recover from this tragedy.

:noble:
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Epignosis wrote:
Night 1: Acorns?

Something fell out of the High Aldwin’s pack. It was a satchel full of acorns.

The villagers argued over who should get the acorns. It came down to a vote.

It is now Night 1. You have 23 hours to send in your PMs.
Despite the deadline noted in the poll, Night ends at 6:38pm.

Can we vote for ourselves?
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:^^And here we instituted an extra rule for your poor son, and he has to see his mother using those words?! :O

Can I get a mod up in dis hizzy?

Also, RIP Dom! Sorry I was so wrong about you! :(

Ooops. Although he's heard me say crap before :eek: :blush:

Return to “Previous Side Missions”