boo
No votes
DrWilgy
6%
G-Man
31%
Jackofhearts2005
No votes
Just throw the gun away (host/dead/nonplayer)
63%

Total votes: 16
Duskfall
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 222

Re: Corrupt!? Mafia (D1)

Post by Duskfall »

boo wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 5:20 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 5:12 pm
boo wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 5:11 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 5:10 pm Duskfall looks like a civilian.
I don't disagree. My point is he isn't very good at it, as it applies to this game and the optimal use of the gun by the town.
What is the optimal firearm strategy?
The person who gets it doesn't particularly matter (today. a civ is likely to get shot regardless of whether town or mafia hold the gun), outside of being someone who can be trusted to use thread consensus on a handful of names and choose from that sub-group.

I want your 3-5 to answer whether I'd trust you with the gun, because I want thread consensus on 3-5 people and you're around and building that is more important then who specifically gets it. I trust you, regardless of alignment, to go choose from the consensus, so I'd be fine with you having the gun. I think Duskfall getting the gun is absurd, because I think he's made it pretty blatantly obvious he can't be trusted to listen to the thread at large, only people who fit inside his box. He wants to get the gun and also surround himself with yes-men in how he carries out using it. And while I can see him as town, that's also a great way, if he gets the gun, for him to wind up shooting me (or some other town he goes off and chooses) and then also being mis-shot for carrying out the mis-shot down the line, when the group runs out of leads and inevitably turns on him.
I explicitly said that I would not hero shoot more than once

You are equating me with having different scumreads than what other peoples have with wanting only yes men and not being trusted

Do you think not agreeing with thread always makes someone untrustworthy?
boo
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 144
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by boo »

Duskfall wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 5:23 pm
I don't disagree. My point is he isn't very good at it, as it applies to this game and the optimal use of the gun by the town.
The person who gets it doesn't particularly matter (today. a civ is likely to get shot regardless of whether town or mafia hold the gun), outside of being someone who can be trusted to use thread consensus on a handful of names and choose from that sub-group.

I want your 3-5 to answer whether I'd trust you with the gun, because I want thread consensus on 3-5 people and you're around and building that is more important then who specifically gets it. I trust you, regardless of alignment, to go choose from the consensus, so I'd be fine with you having the gun. I think Duskfall getting the gun is absurd, because I think he's made it pretty blatantly obvious he can't be trusted to listen to the thread at large, only people who fit inside his box. He wants to get the gun and also surround himself with yes-men in how he carries out using it. And while I can see him as town, that's also a great way, if he gets the gun, for him to wind up shooting me (or some other town he goes off and chooses) and then also being mis-shot for carrying out the mis-shot down the line, when the group runs out of leads and inevitably turns on him.

You are equating me with having different scumreads than what other peoples have with wanting only yes men and not being trusted

I think you're asking the wrong questions by such a huge margin that it's painful.
Banners
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Duskfall
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Duskfall »

boo wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 5:29 pm
Duskfall wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 5:23 pm

I think you're asking the wrong questions by such a huge margin that it's painful.
Your thought process is what matters to me not your actions
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 443
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

boo wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 4:32 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 4:24 pm So you think nutella specifically doesn’t want the gun D1 as scum.

Why?
She would want it as town, and make a pretty noticeable effort to form a base that townreads her and will vote for her. That lack of any effort at forming a base (and her explanation for it: Hyena and I suspecting her) is suspicious to me. Anyone town should be on a strong offensive, and that's what her offensive in this format is what I think we'd see. It isn't what I'm seeing from her, I'm seeing some posturing offense and way to much of a defensive mindset. It doesn't fit.
“I’m not seeing exactly what I expect to see from nutella thus she’s scum” isn’t particularly compelling to me, tbh. Would you not expect her to go for the gun as scum? Like, isn’t not going for the gun unexpected for her as either alignment?

Idk it just seems uh....flimsy.
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Like it’s only a read that works if you explicitly expect her to not go for the gun as scum, yeah? Just “I expect townNutella to go for it and she isn’t” doesn’t really work on its own unless there’s a reason to think scumNutella wants to avoid it, otherwise it’s just unexpected behavior rather than AI.

I know I’m not saying this as eloquently as I need to be, but maybe you get the gist anyways?
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 5:31 pm
boo wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 4:32 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 4:24 pm So you think nutella specifically doesn’t want the gun D1 as scum.

Why?
She would want it as town, and make a pretty noticeable effort to form a base that townreads her and will vote for her. That lack of any effort at forming a base (and her explanation for it: Hyena and I suspecting her) is suspicious to me. Anyone town should be on a strong offensive, and that's what her offensive in this format is what I think we'd see. It isn't what I'm seeing from her, I'm seeing some posturing offense and way to much of a defensive mindset. It doesn't fit.
“I’m not seeing exactly what I expect to see from nutella thus she’s scum” isn’t particularly compelling to me, tbh. Would you not expect her to go for the gun as scum? Like, isn’t not going for the gun unexpected for her as either alignment?

Idk it just seems uh....flimsy.
I could see her go either way as scum, because it would depend on her team. I wouldn't expect how she goes after it to look quite the same.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Hyena
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 397
Preferred Pronouns: Any pronouns work!

Post by Hyena »

I feel like Boo is expressing the same thing (the stuff about scum potentially being worried about getting the gun) I was trying to express earlier, except better.

It does seem kinda silly to give one out of two of the four or so players with very little experience playing with the broader group the gun tbh. Let’s just give it to johann and let him self shoot at that point tbh

Last 4 hour hot potato back to me and my surely sterling reputation anyone?
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 46

Post by G-Man »

Qubbles and quarrels abound this afternoon. Allow me to spice things up for you.

[VOTE: Hyena] aubergine
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 5:38 pm It does seem kinda silly to give one out of two of the four or so players with very little experience playing with the broader group the gun tbh. Let’s just give it to johann and let him self shoot at that point tbh

Prefer Sloonei over you. You're to wildcard-y.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.

I’m putting a vote on dusk for now but know that spiritually my vote is on myself forever and always

Also I’ll be back before EOD for last minute swaps to give me the gun.

boo wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 5:39 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 5:38 pm It does seem kinda silly to give one out of two of the four or so players with very little experience playing with the broader group the gun tbh. Let’s just give it to johann and let him self shoot at that point tbh

What gives you the idea that I won’t shoot within a consensus?
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 4:39 pm @Duskfall
@Hyena

Who are you shooting if you get the gun and why?

If you’ve already said in the last page, welp, I’ll read that later.
I'm not sure I want to be an open book about that anymore. With that said, I'm not locked into shooting Nutella anymore, and I do have other people I'm considering pushing for if I do get the gun.
Duskfall
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Duskfall »

Nutella wants the gun

Nutella knows she is not getting the gun, so she is voting someone else to get the gun who she thinks is town

Nutella wants the gun as either alignment regardless, this is a ridiculous argument that you could literally replace all nutella for any player not named nanook duskfall or hyena and it would have as much ground as saying it about nutella

Boo, why don't you want the gun and why aren't you trying to get the gun?

Is it literally just “I don’t know you” ?
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 5:40 pm

Your name is all in caps. You aren't trustworthy on the most basic of all levels.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Duskfall
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Duskfall »

Do you actually not strongly townread me yet? You must fear my scum game

boo wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 5:41 pm

Your name is all in caps. You aren't trustworthy on the most basic of all levels.
I’m exuberant
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 5:42 pm

I’m exuberant
That's another way of saying it, yes.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Duskfall
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Duskfall »

Boo why are you making up stuff and are you ready to accept that it is a bit silly?

Duskfall wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 5:41 pm

My read of you is unrelated to my opinion of how accurate you’ll be in a group comprised mostly of people you’ve played 0-2 games with, yeah?

Unless you’re gonna promise to follow my shot or something I’m gonna prefer it goes to me, who is a) me, and b) has more familiarity with a larger portion of the group.
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

Duskfall wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 5:41 pm Nutella wants the gun

Nutella knows she is not getting the gun, so she is voting someone else to get the gun who she thinks is town

Nutella wants the gun as either alignment regardless, this is a ridiculous argument that you could literally replace all nutella for any player not named nanook duskfall or hyena and it would have as much ground as saying it about nutella

I would take the gun, but I'm never going to get more then a total of 3 votes to receive it, so spending my time trying to get it would be wasted.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.

boo wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 5:42 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 5:42 pm

I’m exuberant
That's another way of saying it, yes.
This is kinda entertaining for me cause usually people get frustrated with me for not being forthcoming enough, not for talking too much!
Duskfall
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Duskfall »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 5:44 pm

My read of you is unrelated to my opinion of how accurate you’ll be in a group comprised mostly of people you’ve played 0-2 games with, yeah?

Unless you’re gonna promise to follow my shot or something I’m gonna prefer it goes to me, who is a) me, and b) has more familiarity with a larger portion of the group.
Well obviously everyone wants the gun I was more talking about you thinking that if I am town I will just hero shoot someone I have no meta on

boo wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 5:44 pm

I would take the gun, but I'm never going to get more then a total of 3 votes to receive it, so spending my time trying to get it would be wasted.
It’s weird your username says boo but I swear I read nutella talking. Bug maybe?
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Duskfall wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 5:23 pm I explicitly said that I would not hero shoot more than once

Explain these posts then:
Duskfall wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 2:43 pm
Hyena wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 2:39 pm
Duskfall wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 2:36 pm Everything that hyena is saying rn seems to me like what scum would think town would say rather than someone who is town actually thinking towards their wincon
You're not actually shooting me, though? Since you just said that town would only shoot in the lynch pool, and I'm not in the lynch pool?
You're definitely in my lynch pool
Duskfall wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 12:47 pm So currently shot list is you and hyena, who do you think should be third?

Duskfall wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 5:45 pm

Well obviously everyone wants the gun I was more talking about you thinking that if I am town I will just hero shoot someone I have no meta on
I don’t think you’ll hero shoot someone you don’t know? But even if you’re picking from a group of 3-5 you still have to be accurate within that group, yeah?

Unless you’re just gonna chain your shot to whatever my read is then I’m going to have accuracy concerns lmao
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 5:45 pm
boo wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 5:44 pm

It’s weird your username says boo but I swear I read nutella talking. Bug maybe?
It's a similar line, from two very different people. Context.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.

Hyena wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 5:46 pm
Duskfall wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 5:23 pm I explicitly said that I would not hero shoot more than once

Duskfall wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 2:36 pm Everything that hyena is saying rn seems to me like what scum would think town would say rather than someone who is town actually thinking towards their wincon
You're not actually shooting me, though? Since you just said that town would only shoot in the lynch pool, and I'm not in the lynch pool?
Duskfall wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 12:47 pm So currently shot list is you and hyena, who do you think should be third?
None of those are saying he would hero shoot hyena, he’s just giving his own pool.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 203
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Give me the gun.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Duskfall
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Duskfall »

Hyena wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 5:46 pm

First is a fact

Second is trolling disguised as a reaction test

Anyways I’m gonna go take a nap, see you guys at EOD so we can swap this firearm over to big daddy
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Sloonei wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 5:48 pm Give me the gun.
[VOTE: Sloonei] aubergine

Sloonei wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 5:48 pm Give me the gun.
I don’t think I want to tbh
Duskfall
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Duskfall »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 5:47 pm
Duskfall wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 5:45 pm

I don’t think you’ll hero shoot someone you don’t know? But even if you’re picking from a group of 3-5 you still have to be accurate within that group, yeah?

Unless you’re just gonna chain your shot to whatever my read is then I’m going to have accuracy concerns lmao
I would listen to you if I thought you were town

I can’t explain why tbh cause I don’t really have any reason not to, just tinglies

You know I’m town, I’m in the middle of my bell curve—I’m not completely memeing nor am I completely serious. Thus, 85% chance I’m town FYPOV.
Duskfall
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Duskfall »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 5:51 pm You know I’m town, I’m in the middle of my bell curve—I’m not completely memeing nor am I completely serious. Thus, 85% chance I’m town FYPOV.
I think most of your posts make me more 75 percent sure you are town
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Nutella, if I told you that I never intended to really shoot you and just wanted to see who would vote to give me a gun if I said I'd shoot you, do you think the wagon to give me a gun is pure?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 203
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 5:50 pm I can’t explain why tbh cause I don’t really have any reason not to, just tinglies
Is it out of suspicion, or do you just not prefer the direction of my suspicions?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Duskfall
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Duskfall »

Johan Jack Drago are currently town can't remember if I said but I will put that again

Nutella I think is but not as confident

Duskfall wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 5:53 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 5:51 pm You know I’m town, I’m in the middle of my bell curve—I’m not completely memeing nor am I completely serious. Thus, 85% chance I’m town FYPOV.
That’s less than rand are you kidding me

Sloonei wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 5:59 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 5:50 pm I can’t explain why tbh cause I don’t really have any reason not to, just tinglies
Is it out of suspicion, or do you just not prefer the direction of my suspicions?
Yes.
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 6:02 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 5:59 pm
Yes.
:ninja:
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Duskfall
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Duskfall »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 6:02 pm
Duskfall wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 5:53 pm
That’s less than rand are you kidding me
No it is exactly rand 3/12

3/13 you don’t get to take yourself out

But sure I get what you’re saying

You just shouldn’t be saying it :p
Duskfall
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Duskfall »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 6:06 pm 3/13 you don’t get to take yourself out

I actually am really bad at reading you I think you are good at scum idk if you have noticed my accuracy on you ever

Duskfall wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 6:06 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 6:06 pm 3/13 you don’t get to take yourself out

I actually am really bad at reading you I think you are good at scum idk if you have noticed my accuracy on you ever
Wait are you actually? I only really remember you getting me horrifically wrong that one game with josh tbh, outside of that I think/thought you typically get me right?
Duskfall
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Duskfall »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 6:10 pm

Wait are you actually? I only really remember you getting me horrifically wrong that one game with josh tbh, outside of that I think/thought you typically get me right?
Tbf I don't remember the times I have gotten you convincingly right they might exist but I don't have any distinct tells on you tbh I just kinda go with whatever I'm vibing with

Duskfall wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 6:13 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 6:10 pm

Tbf I don't remember the times I have gotten you convincingly right they might exist but I don't have any distinct tells on you tbh I just kinda go with whatever I'm vibing with
Yeah very possible I just had it in my head that you read me well when you don’t lol

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”