Coronavirus Mafia [ENDGAME]

What's the craic?

Poll ended at Mon May 04, 2020 12:23 am

This is REAL wrestling: no gimmicks.
17%
Who are you again?: all players must open the day with an in character post.
No votes
Hey, that’s the other game!: everyone must post a post that rhymes for their vote to count. Or a haiku. Something poemy.
33%
All I want is some ice cream: after the phase, all players get ice cream. (hosts and dead peeps etc.)
50%

Total votes: 6
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 540
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Re: Coronavirus Mafia [Day 2]

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Idk why we decided to play stupid
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 452
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Oh hey [mention]M Plus 7[/mention]
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 430
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Holy shit, I'm so sorry for not being here, I can actually talk about it now I assume... I literally just lost an F5 by voting another townie in a game where I had over 1,000 posts and tons of angst, so I feel really bad for not doing my best here -- I had no idea these games were going to cross and I had hoped (as it was futile) that I was going to get NKed earlier.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Juliets vs Nutella was exactly the boring thunderdome I anticipated but hey, 40 minutes to go.

Linki: Sucks, man.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 385
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

M Plus 7 wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:12 pm Holy shit, I'm so sorry for not being here, I can actually talk about it now I assume... I literally just lost an F5 by voting another townie in a game where I had over 1,000 posts and tons of angst, so I feel really bad for not doing my best here -- I had no idea these games were going to cross and I had hoped (as it was futile) that I was going to get NKed earlier.
Ooof, that sucks.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Okay, so what the fuck is going on here, and what can I do right now to help?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

M Plus 7 wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:12 pm Holy shit, I'm so sorry for not being here, I can actually talk about it now I assume... I literally just lost an F5 by voting another townie in a game where I had over 1,000 posts and tons of angst, so I feel really bad for not doing my best here -- I had no idea these games were going to cross and I had hoped (as it was futile) that I was going to get NKed earlier.
Talk to us about Juliets and Sloonei and Wilgy.

And Nutella since you said "fair enough" to my reasoning for scumreading her but also locked her as town.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Also uh....you're getting secret lynched.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 109
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Just realized I could have missed the lynch but didn't. Catching up on three pages. Sorry folks.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 11
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Hey I just did that in Assassin’s Creed. Sorry Tony. It was LC’s fault.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Aaaaand now I can talk about why I was TRing him based on the other game, I was pretty sure he was town in his MU game and his tone was similar based on a skim, so the fact he was still making time for a good quantity of posts here made me think he was more likely town based off my impression that MP prefers/gets more fulfillment from playing town.
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Okay so I should have held off on forcing a specific secret vote for another 20 minutes or so. If MP is town, I'm really really sorry.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:14 pm Also uh....you're getting secret lynched.
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh fuck.

M Plus 7 wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:17 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:14 pm Also uh....you're getting secret lynched.
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh fuck.
Accurate
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:14 pm

And Nutella since you said "fair enough" to my reasoning for scumreading her but also locked her as town.
My reads are pretty... cloudy here, but I don't really town read any of those players. Are Sloonei and Wilgy still dead spots?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:16 pm Okay so I should have held off on forcing a specific secret vote for another 20 minutes or so. If MP is town, I'm really really sorry.
Yeah I'm feeling bad about this now. :sigh:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

M Plus 7 wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:18 pm

My reads are pretty... cloudy here, but I don't really town read any of those players. Are Sloonei and Wilgy still dead spots?
Wilgy came in with a big partial/outdated catch up post in which he scumread MR without having seen that he'd been vigged and flipped scum. Most of us figured that meant he was town, that it was pretty unlikely he was faking not knowing.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

nutella wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:19 pm

Wilgy came in with a big partial/outdated catch up post in which he scumread MR without having seen that he'd been vigged and flipped scum. Most of us figured that meant he was town, that it was pretty unlikely he was faking not knowing.
Except for me. :shrug2:
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 243
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

In GOC this year I had a fit because G-Man didn't defend at all from a lynch and even voted for himself. I didn't think it was a fair thing to do to his teammates of which I was one.

In the situation I found myself in now I think there's a good chance nutella is civ and if she is, she is honestly a better player and would serve the civ team better than I could so I considered just voting for someone off wagon. However, though I think she might be civ I'm 100% sure I'm civ and my belief is I'm obligated to vote for her to try and save myself. There are others here who can make the final decision. I did the best I could.

a ton of linki.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Hm I wonder if there was someone who could’ve said that secret TKing an active player but especially secret TKing MP was a bad idea.

IF ONLY.

You don’t have to justify a self prez vote Jules, it’s ok
Long Con
So Divine

Re: Coronavirus Mafia [Night 1]

Post by Long Con »

Hyena wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:18 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:04 am This post is mainly for reference (mine if no one else’s):

With just a few minutes left, MP7 & Nute created a 4/4/4 split:

MR – DDL, speed, Hyena, Nook
Nook – LC, sig, 112, nutella
Sig – juliets, TSP, Jack, MP7

(To the best of my knowledge those votes are in chronological order too.)
Wait a sec. I forgot about Nook's wagon. Sig and 112 flipped town. If Nook is town, then at least one of Nute and LC are probably scum. Unless, somehow the wagon is pure?
Is that real logic?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

juliets wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:20 pm In GOC this year I had a fit because G-Man didn't defend at all from a lynch and even voted for himself. I didn't think it was a fair thing to do to his teammates of which I was one.

In the situation I found myself in now I think there's a good chance nutella is civ and if she is, she is honestly a better player and would serve the civ team better than I could so I considered just voting for someone off wagon. However, though I think she might be civ I'm 100% sure I'm civ and my belief is I'm obligated to vote for her to try and save myself. There are others here who can make the final decision. I did the best I could.

a ton of linki.
Ugh I'm so stressed now

inb4 me juliets and MP are all town and scum is laughing at all of us
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

The best thing Sloonei has going for him is the controversial idea that he wouldn't replace out if he was mafia right after his teammate got daykilled. Like roughly half the people weighing in have agreed and half have disagreed. Maybe more disagreement.

The worst thing he has going for him is he's unlikely to be replaced or really do anything so we can't really take him into lylo.

(I'm just going to assume MP is town for the next half hour because I can always ignore everything he says if he turns out to be scum.)
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 366

Post by speedchuck »

From a scum perspective you usually want to be in communication with your mates if you're going to bus them. Usually. Wilgy was, if scum, setting up a bus without talking to his teammates about who died. I actually feel pretty good not lynching there.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Okay, I really don't know how I can best be of use now, but hopefully you all can use my flip at least.

Can we at least not lynch nutella? Or can someone tell me why turning on one of my locktowns is a good idea?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

nutella wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:23 pm
juliets wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:20 pm In GOC this year I had a fit because G-Man didn't defend at all from a lynch and even voted for himself. I didn't think it was a fair thing to do to his teammates of which I was one.

a ton of linki.
Ugh I'm so stressed now

If all three of your are town, who is scum?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

speedchuck wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:23 pm From a scum perspective you usually want to be in communication with your mates if you're going to bus them. Usually. Wilgy was, if scum, setting up a bus without talking to his teammates about who died. I actually feel pretty good not lynching there.
No, I think the argument would be that he knew MR died and was faking not knowing and making up an organic looking scumread of him to look good. But that seems extremely far fetched imo.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Maybe Hyena is scum.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

nutella wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:25 pm
speedchuck wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:23 pm From a scum perspective you usually want to be in communication with your mates if you're going to bus them. Usually. Wilgy was, if scum, setting up a bus without talking to his teammates about who died. I actually feel pretty good not lynching there.
No, I think the argument would be that he knew MR died and was faking not knowing and making up an organic looking scumread of him to look good. But that seems extremely far fetched imo.
I wouldn't lock him town for it, but yeah, I agree.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

MP talk to me about speed. I know I asked about your vote switch to him earlier but I want an updated take. Do you think he should be a wagon here?
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Long Con wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:26 pm Maybe Hyena is scum.
Got to reconcile him campaigning for lynching his teammate D1, enough that he blackmailed nanook into voting for MR at one point.

Not to mention the other reasons I townread him, for the same reasons I townread 112.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:24 pm
nutella wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:23 pm

a ton of linki.
Ugh I'm so stressed now

If all three of your are town, who is scum?
Idk like speed and tony?
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Yeah no that still really doesn't feel right. Lol. I'm probably just right about juliets.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Explain this one to me.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Hyena and Tony are the townreads I have that I'm most likely to reexamine if we get double town flips here since they're based on the weakest stuff compared to my other townreads.

I still think my case on Nutella is good, esp because DDL and Speedchuck have agreed on individual bits.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Hyena and Tony are the townreads I have that I'm most likely to reexamine if we get double town flips here since they're based on the weakest stuff compared to my other townreads.

I still think my case on Nutella is good, esp because DDL and Speedchuck have agreed on individual bits.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Shit maybe. I think I gave him far too much of a pass from the MR stuff, he was my top suspect before it. :ponder: :ponder: :ponder:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image

ScumHyena making a bargain with me to make it substantially more likely for radishes to die D1 is uh...not how I recall scumHyena playing.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

speedchuck wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:27 pm
Got to reconcile him campaigning for lynching his teammate D1, enough that he blackmailed nanook into voting for MR at one point.

Not to mention the other reasons I townread him, for the same reasons I townread 112.
I really gotta read D1. :haha:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

nutella wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:26 pm MP talk to me about speed. I know I asked about your vote switch to him earlier but I want an updated take. Do you think he should be a wagon here?
I'm really not sure. I should ISO people but I'm low on time.

Ugh.

Like I would bet on hyena town almost as much as I would on jack tbh
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

M Plus 7 wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:28 pm
Explain this one to me.
You put out a boatload of posts, enough for any scum to pick and choose and develop a case against a Civ.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

speedchuck wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:27 pm

I mean, MR didn't end up dying. Maybe it was calculated to the point where he realized Nanook would have to move to sig. But I guess that would require ascribing some of Hyena's agency to me and MP creating the tie. Hmm

I mean I guess he could be bad with MP there?

I feel like a fool if that's the case.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image

Maybe even more so if nutella flips green
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:29 pm Like I would bet on hyena town almost as much as I would on jack tbh
Jack isn't a bet.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

nutella wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:25 pm
See here's the thing. He came in, dumped that idea, then left.

It was like a wrestling promo. Simple enough and short enough it could be scripted.

Idk if it was scripted. I just can't even come close to ruling it out.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Is my secret vote moot at this point? IS it MP for sure?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Nanook, I trust you. What can I help you with specifically, anything?

Like that’s just so antithetical to Hyena’s previous scum style, the vast majority of players don’t change their game that drastically over the course of a year.

I’m not like completely locking him but I’m never considering him as scum barring a red check until f3

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”