Total votes: 11
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 339
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: Assassin's Creed Mafia (D2)

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

ts account wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:04 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:59 pm Some stuff that hits slightly different if he sometimes has immunity. Can’t decipher if he expected to be immune night one or night two.
I'm sorry, but I do not get the same analysis here as you do. It looks to me like he is just including himself in the PoE. I would also expected MacDougall to have claimed the shot.
If he had shot night 1?
ts account
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 342

Re: Assassin's Creed Mafia (D3)

Post by ts account »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:04 am
okay I’ve had enough
Vote FG

it’s Epi FG Speed lock it in
If you believe it to be both, will you commit to lynching Epignosis today?
ts account
Corrupt Union Official

Post by ts account »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:05 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:59 pm Some stuff that hits slightly different if he sometimes has immunity. Can’t decipher if he expected to be immune night one or night two.
I'm sorry, but I do not get the same analysis here as you do. It looks to me like he is just including himself in the PoE. I would also expected MacDougall to have claimed the shot.
If he had shot night 1?
Specifically, if he had shot Dragomir.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 752

Post by Sloonei »

Funnygurl555 wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:03 am
Sloonei wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:00 am
Funnygurl555 wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:56 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:54 pm
Funnygurl555 wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:52 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:43 pm [VOTE: funnygurl] aubergine
but why
Well you claim to have watched Mac on Night 1. You also answered my question about when Mac would have been more likely to use his pirate ship ability by saying that Night 1 makes more sense.

If Mac used his pirate ship on Night 1, you can't have watched him unless you also had a pirate ship. You've already said that you do not.
i have an eagle
And? What does the eagle do?
my eagle's the watcher technically, not me
well now we're getting into a tricky gray area, because this raises the question of whether or not there is anything in the language of your role card that implies this would be the case, but asking that feels unethical and I wouldn't want to do anything that could possibly break the game. All I will say is that Mac's role card indicates firmly that no one should be able to target him unless they also have a pirate ship and are using it at the same time as he is. There is no hint of exceptions in his role card. You've already told us you don't have a pirate ship.
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

ts account wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:06 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:04 am
okay I’ve had enough
Vote FG

it’s Epi FG Speed lock it in
If you believe it to be both, will you commit to lynching Epignosis today?
If it gets to that point, yes
ts account
Corrupt Union Official

Post by ts account »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:06 am well now we're getting into a tricky gray area, because this raises the question of whether or not there is anything in the language of your role card that implies this would be the case, but asking that feels unethical and I wouldn't want to do anything that could possibly break the game. All I will say is that Mac's role card indicates firmly that no one should be able to target him unless they also have a pirate ship and are using it at the same time as he is. There is no hint of exceptions in his role card. You've already told us you don't have a pirate ship.
It is super easy to justify flavorfully, and the role PMs have already shown to have unclear wording at times.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

moved my vote back to no one. I don't want to put us in a position where mafia can rush a hammer. I'm still eyeballing funnygurl.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 306
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by Funnygurl555 »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:06 am
Funnygurl555 wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:03 am
Sloonei wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:00 am
Funnygurl555 wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:56 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:54 pm
Funnygurl555 wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:52 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:43 pm [VOTE: funnygurl] aubergine
but why
Well you claim to have watched Mac on Night 1. You also answered my question about when Mac would have been more likely to use his pirate ship ability by saying that Night 1 makes more sense.

If Mac used his pirate ship on Night 1, you can't have watched him unless you also had a pirate ship. You've already said that you do not.
i have an eagle
And? What does the eagle do?
my eagle's the watcher technically, not me
well now we're getting into a tricky gray area, because this raises the question of whether or not there is anything in the language of your role card that implies this would be the case, but asking that feels unethical and I wouldn't want to do anything that could possibly break the game. All I will say is that Mac's role card indicates firmly that no one should be able to target him unless they also have a pirate ship and are using it at the same time as he is. There is no hint of exceptions in his role card. You've already told us you don't have a pirate ship.
yeah i don't have one
Sloonei wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:52 pm We are polar opposites in the most delightful way.
ts account
Corrupt Union Official

Post by ts account »

There, I know I am town, so the wolves can go ahead and hammer. They are not doing so, so I cannot help but be certain that Epignosis is mafia (and furthermore that funnygurl is not).
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

If he had shot night 1?
I agree with this as well.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

ts account wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:07 am
Sloonei wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:06 am well now we're getting into a tricky gray area, because this raises the question of whether or not there is anything in the language of your role card that implies this would be the case, but asking that feels unethical and I wouldn't want to do anything that could possibly break the game. All I will say is that Mac's role card indicates firmly that no one should be able to target him unless they also have a pirate ship and are using it at the same time as he is. There is no hint of exceptions in his role card. You've already told us you don't have a pirate ship.
It is super easy to justify flavorfully, and the role PMs have already shown to have unclear wording at times.
Why do you believe funnygurl over epi?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:09 am
If he had shot night 1?
Though if he took a shot and FG is telling the truth, it would have failed as Epi would have blocked it.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

ts account wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:09 am There, I know I am town, so the wolves can go ahead and hammer. They are not doing so, so I cannot help but be certain that Epignosis is mafia (and furthermore that funnygurl is not).
multiple players are not here right now.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:10 am
If he had shot night 1?
Though if he took a shot and FG is telling the truth, it would have failed as Epi would have blocked it.
Unless epi is lying about being a roleblocker.

but... yeah, this is true. BUT also if he took a shot then the only way epi could have blocked it is if he also had a pirate ship.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:10 am
If he had shot night 1?
but epi said he targeted no one n1
Sloonei wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:52 pm We are polar opposites in the most delightful way.
ts account
Corrupt Union Official

Post by ts account »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:10 am Why do you believe funnygurl over epi?
There is a potential for me to be biased, but I do believe funnygurl has played the townier and more cooperative game up to this point. Upon being made aware of the dichotomy, Epignosis has not done any favors for himself, threatening to self-hammer (which if he truly was a villager would throw the game on the spot), refusing to provide information or deliberately being obfuscating, being unwilling to case Funnygurl or show why he is town, and being caught in lies beyond that (such as whether or not he had targeted anyone N1).
ts account
Corrupt Union Official

Post by ts account »

I... really think massclaiming is the right thing to do. If JJJ disagrees, then I cannot really push the issue further, but I believe it would increase our odds of winning, however slight.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

ts account wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:13 am
Sloonei wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:10 am Why do you believe funnygurl over epi?
There is a potential for me to be biased, but I do believe funnygurl has played the townier and more cooperative game up to this point. Upon being made aware of the dichotomy, Epignosis has not done any favors for himself, threatening to self-hammer (which if he truly was a villager would throw the game on the spot), refusing to provide information or deliberately being obfuscating, being unwilling to case Funnygurl or show why he is town, and being caught in lies beyond that (such as whether or not he had targeted anyone N1).
Devil's advocate to all of these points:
Appearing cooperative is something a member of the mafia team would want to do. It would be one of their primary goals.
Epi's response is one of frustration because he is a civilian and he's being lied about.
He has not been clear on the language of his role card, but I would not leap to say that is "refusal to provide information." It could just as easily be miscommunication.
Epi is not caught in a lie if funnygurl is the one who is lying.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

ts account wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:14 am I... really think massclaiming is the right thing to do. If JJJ disagrees, then I cannot really push the issue further, but I believe it would increase our odds of winning, however slight.
Why?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
ts account
Corrupt Union Official

Post by ts account »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:16 am Devil's advocate to all of these points:
Appearing cooperative is something a member of the mafia team would want to do. It would be one of their primary goals.
Epi's response is one of frustration because he is a civilian and he's being lied about.
He has not been clear on the language of his role card, but I would not leap to say that is "refusal to provide information." It could just as easily be miscommunication.
Your first two lines are pretty stupid, so I will ignore them.
If Epignosis' communication of his role PM is poor, then he has a responsibility to communicate with the host to elucidate him on the nature of his abilities. Even if Funnygurl is lying, Epignosis is still caught in a lie, for both saying, "I forgot to submit any night actions for night 1," and, "I targeted Mac night 1 but got 'limited'."
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:16 am Epi is not caught in a lie if funnygurl is the one who is lying.
:omg: :ponder: :ponder: :ponder: :ponder:
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

ts account wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:18 am
Sloonei wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:16 am Devil's advocate to all of these points:
If Epignosis' communication of his role PM is poor, then he has a responsibility to communicate with the host to elucidate him on the nature of his abilities. Even if Funnygurl is lying, Epignosis is still caught in a lie, for both saying, "I forgot to submit any night actions for night 1," and, "I targeted Mac night 1 but got 'limited'."
i think he didn't mean to say he targeted mac tho
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

If Mac used his ship last night, the mafia team would have needed to guess/know that he was using it and used their own player who also has a pirate ship to specifically target him.

If Mac didn't use his ship last night then he used it on Night 1. If Mac used his ship on Night 1, I maintain that funnygurl is probably lying.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
ts account
Corrupt Union Official

Post by ts account »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:16 am
ts account wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:14 am I... really think massclaiming is the right thing to do. If JJJ disagrees, then I cannot really push the issue further, but I believe it would increase our odds of winning, however slight.
Why?
It gives us a clearer mechanical picture of what happened on nights 1 and 2, it has a chance for us to structure a plan of action to lock a winning night phase, and it gives mafia a small chance to out themselves.
ts account
Corrupt Union Official

Post by ts account »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:20 am If Mac used his ship last night, the mafia team would have needed to guess/know that he was using it and used their own player who also has a pirate ship to specifically target him.

If Mac didn't use his ship last night then he used it on Night 1. If Mac used his ship on Night 1, I maintain that funnygurl is probably lying.
Not necessarily. It did not say Macdougall could only target players on pirate ships, so it is entirely possible that the person making the nightkill was on a pirate ship to strategically make the odds of the nightkill going through higher.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

ts account wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:18 am
Can you please stop dismissing things like this? It can be insulting, but on top of that I think it's actively harmful to the game. I am making these points for the sake of conversation. Saying "I'm not responding to this because it's stupid" stops that in its tracks.
Epi has already corrected himself (multiple times) from when he said he targeted Mac night 1. He claims to have misspoke.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

I misread Mac’s role.
ts account
Corrupt Union Official

Post by ts account »

Is it bad if I still wolf read you for tone, behavior, and asking terrible questions all day?
I just have to keep in mind that if you were a wolf, you would have already won last night.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

ts account wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:21 am
Sloonei wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:20 am If Mac used his ship last night, the mafia team would have needed to guess/know that he was using it and used their own player who also has a pirate ship to specifically target him.

Not necessarily. It did not say Macdougall could only target players on pirate ships, so it is entirely possible that the person making the nightkill was on a pirate ship to strategically make the odds of the nightkill going through higher.
This is true. There's still a lot more variables involved if we think that mac used his ship last night, though.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

ts account wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:23 am Is it bad if I still wolf read you for tone, behavior, and asking terrible questions all day?
I just have to keep in mind that if you were a wolf, you would have already won last night.
Yes it is.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

ts account wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:23 am Is it bad if I still wolf read you for tone, behavior, and asking terrible questions all day?
this ain't nice to say man :/
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:22 am I misread Mac’s role.
What did you think it said?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

And before anyone pulls out the magnifying glass, Epi’s mistake isn’t necessarily scummy. For proof, I know there have been at least a few examples in this game of people typing the thing opposite what they mean.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:24 am
Switch between untargetable and kill
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

dev·il's ad·vo·cate
/ˈˌdevəlz ˈadvəkət/
noun

a person who expresses a contentious opinion in order to provoke debate or test the strength of the opposing arguments.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
ts account
Corrupt Union Official

Post by ts account »

I will amend to say that by terrible I mean they are not questions that I think you should be asking, which is certainly similar to my gripe with you day 1.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:25 am
Do you believe funnygurl's claim?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

ts account wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:26 am I will amend to say that by terrible I mean they are not questions that I think you should be asking, which is certainly similar to my gripe with you day 1.
Which questions should I not be asking? Why are there any questions that should be off limits at this stage?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

i know no one asked but i was an unwanted child
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

Funnygurl555 wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:27 am i know no one asked but i was an unwanted child
but if you were to ask then that would prolly be a terrible question
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

i'm also town
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:26 am
Makes it more likely that Mac was targetable night 1, I think, since he didn’t claim the kill and would have had no reason to. But would have required him to shoot Ted night 2. Best guess, failed kill night 1. Which means Epi is lying about the boat.

Unrelated, Sloonei, have you claimed a character?
ts account
Corrupt Union Official

Post by ts account »

A good example is your line of questioning on Funnygurl. If you were not mechanically town I would wolf read you for it.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:29 am
Sloonei wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:26 am
Makes it more likely that Mac was targetable night 1, I think, since he didn’t claim the kill and would have had no reason to. But would have required him to shoot Ted night 2. Best guess, failed kill night 1. Which means Epi is lying about the boat.

Unrelated, Sloonei, have you claimed a character?
A failed kill is a possibility on either night. We have no way of knowing for sure.

I have not claimed a character or a role for that matter. Just an item I received and a shot I took with it.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

ts account wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:29 am A good example is your line of questioning on Funnygurl. If you were not mechanically town I would wolf read you for it.
Why? I have concerns and I’m going to see them through.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
ts account
Corrupt Union Official

Post by ts account »

They start off fine, but arriving at the conclusion that Funnygurl must be lying... because eagles... or something... doesn't feel like honest solving to me.
ts account
Corrupt Union Official

Post by ts account »

Whatever, you aren't a wolf. You do you.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 294
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I am only barely here at present. Regarding a "mass claim" -- I don't see a problem with it off-hand assuming all rules are respected. The game hangs in the balance after all, and if some key information is withheld too carefully that would otherwise influence reads, then that's not ideal.

Such an action really depends upon the roles in question and how individuals feel they may be able to take advantage of them. I only advise that too much caution right now is of little benefit. LyLo.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

ts account wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:33 am They start off fine, but arriving at the conclusion that Funnygurl must be lying... because eagles... or something... doesn't feel like honest solving to me.
I never brought up eagles. That was all funnygurl. Which part of the progression do you dislike or not follow?

>Mac’s pirate ship makes him immune to abilities by players who are not also on pirate ships.
>funnygurl claims to have targeted Mac on Night 1.
>funnygurl says she thinks Mac used his pirate ship Night 1.
>funnygurl confirms she does not have a pirate ship, in which case she would not have been able to target Mac had he been on his ship Night 1.

Do you disagree that there is potential for her to be caught in a lie here? It is not confirmed and I do not intend to act like it is. But this absolutely should he explored before we make a decision. I don’t see how we could justify not talking about it.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 207
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Funnygurl555 wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:33 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:22 pm Master Radishes [4]: Funnygurl, Epi, Long Con, Turnip Head
Turnip Head [4]: MacDougall, Master Radishes, Sloonei, speedchuck
speedchuck [3]: tedxtr, ts account, TonyStarkPrime
speed's town now right? he was that last vote for turnip 8 min before eod
Eh, I'm not taking this as a clear, could always be a hard bus for cred or just a gamble he took hoping it would work out. Also, there's still a possibility that he knew TH would be safe due to some votecount-or-tie-affecting mechanic known only to the mafia. So I wouldn't totally clear him based on that. Especially if he knew this, he'd know Radish would be mislynched and he'd get to look like he was on the right side of history there. Maybe you're thinking exactly what he wanted you to think. :meany:
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”