Champions 2019 - Crisis on The Syndicate [GAME OVER]

Would you like to see a hammer lynch tomorrow?

Poll ended at Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:00 pm

Yes
No votes
No
20%
I don't care
13%
MC Hammer (host/dead/nonplayer)
67%

Total votes: 15
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 724
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Re: Champions 2019 - Crisis on The Syndicate [Day 7]

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:55 pm Jay’s behavior today is also exactly what I’d expect from him as a civilian. He got some pressure on him and it flipped a switch. He started pressing everything and re-examining things. He lost his zen and reclaimed the crown of fuck mountain.
No. He started rapidly vote switching and calling out players he previously didn’t care about and then didn’t pursue those reads.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 302

Post by speedchuck »

Epignosis wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:57 pm "Hello we're all diseased let's have meetings all day about it." :derp:

I am five pages behind. What did G-Man do?
NoThInG, and that makes him worse than Jay.

Except hhe did self-vote today, which is frankly awful.
SIGNATURE:
Spoiler: show
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 729
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:55 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:53 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:49 pm I don’t wanna hear “I don’t see it.”

I don’t wanna hear “Jack is in a tunnel.”

You wanna save Jay, get yourself on record really defending him before he flips wolf.

Go ahead.
hi
Has your read not progressed in a week?
It has. Obviously it has. I’ve talked a good deal about how it has. This is part of why I’m saying you’re in a tunnel: it doesn’t actually feel like you’re bothering to read things.

But also that is my case for compatible Mac teammates. No new information has been added to it (except that G-man abstained from voting for him Day 2). So that part, as it pertains to Jay, has not changed.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Epignosis wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:57 pm "Hello we're all diseased let's have meetings all day about it." :derp:

Served as an excuse to not lynch Jay.

It’s not working, tho.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

speedchuck wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:56 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:55 pm Jay’s behavior today is also exactly what I’d expect from him as a civilian. He got some pressure on him and it flipped a switch. He started pressing everything and re-examining things. He lost his zen and reclaimed the crown of fuck mountain.
I don't know what thread you're reading.
I’m on page 143 of the 2019 Game of Champions on mafiathesyndicate.com.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:59 pm

Served as an excuse to not lynch Jay.

It’s not working, tho.
*looks at poll*

uh
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:56 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:50 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:47 pm This is only even a contest because Jay has teammates.

If GMan has teammates, they’re bussing. Yet there are five votes for town Jay?

No way that’s happening. Just look at the vote count and tell me Jay can even be town here.
All it takes is one or two vocal civilians promoting a case and the wolves can start circling.
Who are the wolves on Jay’s wagon?
From most to least suspicious:
Speedchuck
Epi
Tranq
Tony
You
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Michelle
Made Man
Posts in topic: 320
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Post by Michelle »

I am too tired but I need to do this:

Michelle I am the only confirmed villa for myself

Sloonei and JJJ both as hard workers can be both villas with Jack who is peeked green except he is the mafia role who gives that peek.

Juliets was Ate-ing and not much more unfortunately.

Ted if I am alive next day maybe we can work more.

Epi doesn't feel like the lazy Epi who gave me towny vibes in the last game. He is not very active, he is not quite lazy, he wants to survive, to blend. I would lynch him.

Speed plays convinced. I like his posts. Can he post like this as scum?

GMan self voted :disappoint:

Tranq.. Where on Mafia Earth can someone who has this Iso be TR and the lynch can be on a player like JJJ??

Tony. idk.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:59 pm Death before cowardice.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:01 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:47 pm This is only even a contest because Jay has teammates.

No way that’s happening. Just look at the vote count and tell me Jay can even be town here.
All it takes is one or two vocal civilians promoting a case and the wolves can start circling.
Speedchuck
Epi
Tranq
Tony
You
That’s one wolf tops.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:02 pm

Speedchuck
Epi
Tranq
Tony
You
That’s one wolf tops.
Who and why?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:34 pm
speedchuck wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:33 pm Okay I guess G-man wouldn't be a bad lynch today.

Still think Jay is scum though.
You spoke earlier of "joy". Have you seen me express joy in any Mafia game since the start of 2019?
Try drinking!
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 596
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Michelle wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:01 pm I am too tired but I need to do this:

Michelle I am the only confirmed villa for myself

Sloonei and JJJ both as hard workers can be both villas with Jack who is peeked green except he is the mafia role who gives that peek.

Juliets was Ate-ing and not much more unfortunately.

Ted if I am alive next day maybe we can work more.

Epi doesn't feel like the lazy Epi who gave me towny vibes in the last game. He is not very active, he is not quite lazy, he wants to survive, to blend. I would lynch him.

Speed plays convinced. I like his posts. Can he post like this as scum?

GMan self voted :disappoint:

Tranq.. Where on Mafia Earth can someone who has this Iso be TR and the lynch can be on a player like JJJ??

Tony. idk.
I don't remember AtEing.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I juliets is mafia, on either team, she deserves to win.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:07 pm I juliets is mafia, on either team, she deserves to win.
Preach!
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:03 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:02 pm

Speedchuck
Epi
Tranq
Tony
You
That’s one wolf tops.
Who and why?
Tranq is the most obvious not tmiing and not having teammates player I’ve ever seen.

Tony was instrumental in Mac’s lynch and does not appear to be teamed with Sig/Radishes/Sabie and Tony is a good wolf boy who defends his teammates.

Epi probably had btsc with Dom and Dom townread him and Juliets, who also had btsc with Dom from what I can tell, turned her read on Epi in a way that makes me think they both met with Dom. Dom has a good record of finding town Epi. He was certain Epi was town in inception. Plus, for Epi to be a wolf, he’d have had to get btsc with Dom, fake claim and then leave Dom alive for several kills. Plus, he seemed really unaligned with Sig and Mac. Jay disagrees with that take and Jay is a wolf.

My role card says I’m town.

Speed, I gut read town. It’s not a strong gutread. He could be bussing Jay. Idk.

Like I said, one wolf tops.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 969
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Mac on G-Man

MacDougall wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:57 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:56 pm Or sprit? Idfk
Or Dragomir. Or G-Man. Or TSP. Name a player and they're likely a better lynch than me.
MacDougall wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:18 pm Okay so the fact that I have had 6 unmoved votes on me for the past 2 hours approaching deadline is a pretty solid indication that both scum teams are on my wagon imo.

The fact that Jack/TH/G-Man and Radishes wagons have all had no momentum strongly indicates at least 1, probably more of them are solid wagons.

I am not letting you lynch me today. So figure out where to put your vote that isn't me. This ain't happening.
MacDougall wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:21 pm I am not going to vote for TH unless I have no choice. G-Man and MR are the counterwagons here imo. If you don't want to be on me at end of day start.contemplating which of them you want lynched. I would prefer it to be MR over G-Man beacuse the MR suspicion has the right combination of momentum without ever seeming to be able to get over the line. Of the three c'wagons I'd say that's your huckleberr.
MacDougall wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:23 pm juliets, S~V~S, tedxtr if you are neither here nor there between MR and G-Man, please move your vote to MR now.
MacDougall wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:37 pm
G-Man wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:36 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:33 pm @G-Man what's your read on Mac? Hurry
Overall, Mac is hard for me to read. Nutella thinking he is bad from beyond the grave could sway me. I’m also glad she shares my distrust of Sloonei.
Fucking fuck fuck
MacDougall wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:54 pm G-Man is outed imo. Dyslexicon looks like a teammate too.
MacDougall wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:58 pm Sprityo + G-Man
MacDougall wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:24 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:09 pm I think Sabie is on the Radish team. The way she was addressing Radish was sparse and awkward. She didn't respond to Radish when Radish picked her vote on Nut out as the worst vote. But every time I say something anti-Sabie she's there to comment on it.

Turnip also looks bad from this. The way he ended up on Nut D1 even though he supposedly suspected Radish. And also D2 built counter wagons to him. Not a great look. Though I've been reading Turnip more town otherwise. Idk.
I can vibe that. I think Dom, Jack, G-Man and Sprityo are more likely to be radishes teammates but Sabie could be on either team fmpov.

I think the non radishes team are more likely to have been laying low once the wagon formation became clear. It would be needless for them to participate. I'd say that the other team are more likely to be among the people voting earlier or off wagon entirely since they were coasting by the end. Sabie profiles here.

I think Michelle and Tranq profile as suspects too. I'd be interested to hear @nutella's feelings on Michelle given she had a strong town read on her earlier.

I think most of the people who voted late are relatively clean with the exception of Sprityo because his vote was on me. So that's TH, Colin, Juliets, Epi and TSP I think. I think it's unlikely any of them would make that vote if they were scum, even if they weren't on MR's team.
MacDougall wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:17 pm
G-Man wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:15 pm Okay, if we’re going to wander down this cocksure ‘G-Man is totes bad’ road to disappointment, then I request that:

1) Someone kill me tonight.

2) Lynch me Day 3.

I’m overwhelmed by the sheer volume of posts. The only reads I have are on players that I think I know well enough, which comes to about seven or eight people. That’s not enough to do the town any good. I’m going to continue to be of little use to the civvies, because all I can muster at this rate is skimming at best. Even that involves skipping large chunks of posts that are about people I’m clueless of.

I admit to being overwhelmed and yet I refuse to sub out. With this much suspicion brewing around me, it’s not fair to ask someone else to come in and wait to die. So that’s not happening. Lynch me and use my lynch for information. We just caught a baddie on Day 2. That gives us a chance to calm down, make a mistake, and be thoughtful and intentional about learning something from it.

As much as I love our hosts, I recognized too late that joining this game was a mistake. There are too many players with too similar personalities making too many posts. Too many of you just blend together in my head. That’s not just this game though- it every game that’s not a Heist. Heck, sometimes even Heists are too much for me. That’s why you don’t see a ‘Best Civ’ or ‘MVP’ Socky in my treasure chest and never will.

After this game, I’m sticking to Heists and hosting. I’m excited about the next game I plan to host. Perhaps that’s where my strengths are. They’re certainly not here.

I don’t want to fight. I don’t want to insult people in the process of trying to convince you I am civ. Let my death convince you of that. If you see me, I’m not lurking; I’m just trying to tread water as best I can.

Thank you and good night.
... G-Man is civ yo

Mac appears to be physically incapable of uttering G-Man's name alone. G-Man was one of three "better than Mac" lynches. G-Man was one of four potentially solid wagons. G-Man is one of two counterwagons to TH. MR is a preferred alternative to G-Man. G-Man is "outed" by Radish flip -- and Dizzy too. Or it's G-Man and sprityo. G-Man is one of four potential Radish teammates. The list keeps growing. G-Man is always fielded as a suspicion, but always with safety nets available. Bad looks.

They're compatible.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

I remember being certain Speed wasn’t the Antimonitor but I don’t remember why. Probably a stupid reason since I forgot it but I can’t shake it and don’t feel like going to find it today since he’s not up for lynch anyway and it wouldn’t clear him.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

tedxtr wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:34 pm Everyone may as well submit a list with who the master team is for the anti monitor and hope he fucking cleans this mess

G-Man
Speedchuck
Jack

In this exact order. I think I’m 2/3 in there.

Everyone should do this, it’s also good to keep track of reads.
Yeah, I lead a lynch on my teammate, who is one of my favorite players and good enough to make the MU champs finals when we had a consensus opposing wolf.

If I’m third on your list, you should probably reevaluate your list.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

tedxtr wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:41 pm Yeah he’s not anything strong it actually feels kind of filler that’s why I said 2/3

I just remember town him being a lot more energetic and having a lot more pull in thread, he’d come in guns blazing and shit

His nutella push was also kind of bad and then after she was taken out his drive to scum hunt kinda plummeted
:huh:
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:45 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:30 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:28 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:04 pm G-Man's final Day 2 vote was for Sloonei, not Mac.
Oh. What.
Go stick an eyeball on the first post.
My memory must have blocked that out because it makes no sense. All I remembered was “I can’t vote radishes because of Sloonei.”
Lol that was pretty yuck. Maybe we lynch GMan tomorrow.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Mac on Michelle

MacDougall wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:16 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:15 am
Michelle wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:04 amThe amount of vanilla lovers is concerning. Scum hides there mark my words.

Glad to play with everyone btw <3

Sould reading in page 1Tedex villager. Liked Nut - not a surprise ^^
Still reading to catch up. Work may stop this process :p
I'm glad you're town, Michelle.
Is this legit?
MacDougall wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:22 pm Michelle and Dom probably should have the same read as me on this.
MacDougall wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:29 pm
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:28 pm Wait Mac i might be remembering it wrong. But I hold that my ability to read Michelle stands. Regardless of the specific tell thing I have referenced, she is obvious lol.
I don't doubt that
MacDougall wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:13 pm
Michelle wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:11 pm
MacDougall wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:22 pm @Michelle and @Dom probably should have the same read as me on this.
to search this "this" at 4 am is not actually possible, can you quote it please?
You played scum with Nutella when Jack nailed her out of the box on day 1 in the Aussie game. It should mean something to you because you know how she feels about it. Does what you know line up with how she is dealing with him here to you? Looking at before I called her out on it specifically.
MacDougall wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:40 am I feel quite good about sig, sprityo, sabie, michelle, turbup. You should all climb into my pocket and defend me from the scallywags.
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:09 pm I think Sabie is on the Radish team. The way she was addressing Radish was sparse and awkward. She didn't respond to Radish when Radish picked her vote on Nut out as the worst vote. But every time I say something anti-Sabie she's there to comment on it.

Turnip also looks bad from this. The way he ended up on Nut D1 even though he supposedly suspected Radish. And also D2 built counter wagons to him. Not a great look. Though I've been reading Turnip more town otherwise. Idk.
I can vibe that. I think Dom, Jack, G-Man and Sprityo are more likely to be radishes teammates but Sabie could be on either team fmpov.

I think the non radishes team are more likely to have been laying low once the wagon formation became clear. It would be needless for them to participate. I'd say that the other team are more likely to be among the people voting earlier or off wagon entirely since they were coasting by the end. Sabie profiles here.

I think Michelle and Tranq profile as suspects too. I'd be interested to hear nutella's feelings on Michelle given she had a strong town read on her earlier.

I think most of the people who voted late are relatively clean with the exception of Sprityo because his vote was on me. So that's TH, Colin, Juliets, Epi and TSP I think. I think it's unlikely any of them would make that vote if they were scum, even if they weren't on MR's team.
MacDougall wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:35 pm
nutella wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:32 pm Convince me on tranq and michelle. I feel nothing about the former and townread the latter (though less so than before as I haven't seen much from her lately)
I can't remember why I thought tranq was bad. I probably was just piggy backing someone elses suspicions. Michelle is just not on her meta.
MacDougall wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:13 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:09 pm @MacDougall talk about players who aren’t voting for/heavily suspecting you. Who are your town reads? Is there anyone you think isn’t getting enough attention?
A great deal of people. The constant focus on myself (and now Sig) is very much allowing for a game environment where people who are absolutely failing in their basic civilian duty, or not living up to their usual standards are receiving little to no pressure. I have reservations about all the below;

Epignosis - Does not appear to be earnestly attempting to achieve a civilian wincon.
ColinIsCool - Only appears to be trying when there is pressure on him.
Michelle - Does not match her meta. Hasn't helped the civ cause really at all.
speedchuck - Does not appear to be the same speedchuck that I am used to seeing.
sprityo - Appears to be totally laying low outside of intermittently FPS reading me scum.
Tranq - Has literally made 5 posts or something.

In the early stage, Mac sort of shrugged his way into a positive view of Michelle, on the strength of a Dizzy hot take and nutella's confidence in her. I think it looks more like Mac seeing no reason to challenge those reads for the sake of his own posturing than it looks like thanks for town reading my teammate. Eventually Mac's read on her turned south, on the basis of some vague "meta" shit -- it looks obligatory. He needed some suspects and she was a relatively easy choice. I don't see a strong connection.

Doubt they're teammates.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:36 pm Things I like: Ted.
Things I don’t like: how a lynch appeared on G-Man out of nowhere
Seriously.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Mac on speedchuck

MacDougall wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:35 pm
speedchuck wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:24 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:11 pm
speedchuck wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:09 pm [VOTE: Ted] aubergine

I could be persuaded to vote Mac pretty easily.
Hey you should vote mac
wow okay that sounds good [VOTE: Macdougall] aubergine
PLEAZE DONG
MacDougall wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:13 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:11 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:08 pm ColinIsCool
Dyslexicon
Turnip Head
juliets
S~V~S
Epignosis
TonyStarkPrime

Sloonei
JaggedJimmyJay
tedxtr
sig

Dragomir
speedchuck
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME 2.0

Michelle (a)
Tranq (a)

Jackofhearts2005 (b)
sabie12 (a/b)
Dom (b)
G-Man (b)
sprityo (b)

If anyone wants to actually get into some nitty gritty discussion I'm keen. If there are any reads here that are wtf let's talk.
Why is nanook in the same tier as speedchuck and drago?
Speedchuck and Dragomir are pure null as in I have no read on them really. Nanook I am torn on but ultimately null because of it. It's just the 50/50 pile.
Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:09 pm @MacDougall talk about players who aren’t voting for/heavily suspecting you. Who are your town reads? Is there anyone you think isn’t getting enough attention?
A great deal of people. The constant focus on myself (and now Sig) is very much allowing for a game environment where people who are absolutely failing in their basic civilian duty, or not living up to their usual standards are receiving little to no pressure. I have reservations about all the below;

Epignosis - Does not appear to be earnestly attempting to achieve a civilian wincon.
speedchuck - Does not appear to be the same speedchuck that I am used to seeing.
sprityo - Appears to be totally laying low outside of intermittently FPS reading me scum.
MacDougall wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:20 pm
juliets wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:17 pm

Mac can you talk about speedchuck? Is it that he isn't posting frequently or something else/combination of things?
I think the lack of speedchuck's content is a large part of it. I am used to him being a more prominent member of the town. I think that with players like speedchuck sometimes basic is the best way to read them. If he is not living up to the normal standards of contribution then it's probably because he has a non town agenda/is putting a lot of his content elsewhere (ie. scum chat).

Wet fart. Mac cast some vague suspicion there, but it's not the sort of thing that tends to drive lynches. This content is empty. I have no reason to dissociate them.

Compatible

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 464

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

juliets wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:47 pm @TonyStarkPrime what do you think?
I’m sorry, I’ve got a lot going on. I try not to be a real world excuse person, but look around.

I genuinely cannot tell with Jay. I have a townread on him today. He’s playing as he would be if he’s town. But I can also clearly see him riding on town support. Narratives where G-man is scum are less readily visible. Maybe I’m just paranoid, but narratives where JJJ is scum are immediately present. Im leaving my vote there.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:36 pm
juliets wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:47 pm @TonyStarkPrime what do you think?
I’m sorry, I’ve got a lot going on. I try not to be a real world excuse person, but look around.

I genuinely cannot tell with Jay. I have a townread on him today. He’s playing as he would be if he’s town. But I can also clearly see him riding on town support. Narratives where G-man is scum are less readily visible. Maybe I’m just paranoid, but narratives where JJJ is scum are immediately present. Im leaving my vote there.
I totally understand, I'm very distracted with rl right now. Thank you for giving me your thoughts.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:27 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:24 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:21 pm I don't believe I have ever seen a civilian lynch himself when the game is in as precarious a state as this one.
And yet, we just lynched two townies for not giving a damn and we currently have town ghost SVS not giving a damn and we lynched Sprityo for not giving a damn.

You don’t believe this. You’re lying. You’re a wolf.
Turnip Head gave a damn. Colin put up a fight. Neither of them self-voted. Neither of them self-voted on Day 7 with 6 of 11 players as civilians. Take off the blinders for one damned second and think. You're not attending to the basis of what I am saying.
SVS is zero posting as a civilian with 6 of 11 players being civ.

And anyway, I don’t think GMan is town. I’m still voting you.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:53 pm SVS is zero posting as a civilian with 6 of 11 players being civ.

And anyway, I don’t think GMan is town. I’m still voting you.
SVS is not actively harming the game. You don't get it mate.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

I feel actively harmed. :pout:
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Shouting Into The Void, The Jackofhearts2005 Story
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Mac on tedxtr

MacDougall wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:33 am
tedxtr wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:31 am
Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:20 pm I don't know why I feel resistance to read S-V-S as town. Cause she probably very well could be.
Good read
What? This is a terrible read. What does it even mean?
MacDougall wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:43 am
tedxtr wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:40 am I skimmed the Mac push and I want it on record that he does have a point w/r/t his other GoC games, I scum read him from his first few posts and questions in Inception when I was practicing my scum hunting and I am far from feeling him scum here

Although him showing his pelts is kind of a turn off
You don't get sockys to not gloat.
MacDougall wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:50 am
tedxtr wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:48 am In Inception his posts stuck out like a sore thumb and he was forcing interactions with his scum buds that were honestly the closest thing to open wolfing ever since day one.

In here he just posted his thoughts and didn’t force anything. His questions in Inception also sucked and he had a general agenda of looking townie, whereas in here he does seem to go at his own pace.
Jesus tell me how you really feel
MacDougall wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:23 pm juliets, S~V~S, tedxtr if you are neither here nor there between MR and G-Man, please move your vote to MR now.
MacDougall wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:06 pm
Dom wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:00 pm
MacDougall wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:59 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:44 pm I don’t remember syndicate games being this toxic or filled with vitriol.

Maybe I just have selective memory 🤷‍♀️
It's generally a common thing that occurs when people tunnel me. I'll take the heat on this one.
Not everyone who suspects you is tunnelling.
What is tunneling?

No, not everyone is. Jack isn't. Nutella isn't. Sloonei isn't. There are a lot of people who aren't. At this point I think the majority of the game have at least some suspicion of me with the notable exceptions of Turnip Head, Tedxtr et al. I'm not going to comment on whether you are or not because I what is and isn't tunneling is rather open to interpretation. But I think it would be quite impossible to believe that I haven't been the victim of it to a significant degree. I don't exactly have a problem with it either, in a grudge holding, long term mad at you kinda way. So as long as those who do it are willing to accept that if they are going to engage in me negatively, by applying tunnel vision, repetitive and adamant fashion that I am going to reply equally negatively then really we should able to have tiffs and flare ups and then work past them. That would be my preference.
MacDougall wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:45 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:40 pm Alright fine mac, gimme a town read or two.

linki: oh
juliets is really the only one I am feeling as a lock. S-V-S, ted, Turnip Head are civ lean. I've come around on Dom and Nanook. I was feeling okay about TSP until I just noticed he voted for me.
MacDougall wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:44 am
Turnip Head wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:25 am
MacDougall wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:23 am
Turnip Head wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:18 am Anybody got thoughts about ted?
I appreciate his existence and would prefer it to continue
What if he just lived on as a ghost for a little bit
If he lived on as a ghost all game long I'd be happier

Telling TH why he likes ted

These posts exist. There's nothing here that tells me they don't fit together or that they are likely teammates. I highlighted the thing that I think bears the most potential for useful interpretation even if I don't get a lot from it. The word "notable" kind of stands out there, as Mac went to the trouble of emphasizing the trust TH and ted had for him. It's a good thing albeit tiny.

They're technically compatible.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Mac on TonyStarkPrime

MacDougall wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:41 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:35 am
Master Radishes wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:19 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:15 pm I also don't get Jack's so sure read on you. Is that normal for Jack, anyone? I seem to remember a more tempered town!Jack.
In my single game (Inception, a few months ago) Jack looked like he was trying to play like he is now, but without being too noticeable. He was scum in that game, so in retrospect I feel like he was trying to imitate his town game as he perceives it.

This makes me hesitate to vote Jack right now, as much as his overall play has been a bit questionable.
I find that town Jack is more unsure in late game in confident end game and scum Jack is the other way around.
Hahahaha you are bad again. Fuck I own your soul.
MacDougall wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:03 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:58 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:59 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:58 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:56 pm Still think Tony is bad tbh. One of you freaks that’s always asking for more ISOs to do, go check him out
Any beefs beyond the off-wagon vote?
His exchange with you. I had the same thought about his reads list, wondering where those names came from.
I definitely called out the town ones as they went by and think I had said something about each of the scum ones
I don't even understand this
MacDougall wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:57 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:56 pm Or sprit? Idfk
Or Dragomir. Or G-Man. Or TSP. Name a player and they're likely a better lynch than me.
MacDougall wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:37 am Jack isn't town here. If there's one read you should come back to if/when I die it should be this one. I can best summarise it by saying that he feels like he is only half attempting to scum hunt when compared to his actual range. Which would be forgiveable if he wasn't also ever present. He is holding back. Actually this is probably explains why I've had suspicion on a range of other players too. Jay, Sloonei, S~V~S, TSP, Dyslexicon all fit the bill.
MacDougall wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:37 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:41 am I’m going to float the idea that this game is chaotic because there are two scum teams trying to outdo each other. Anyone want to ask me why this is important?
How is this game any more or less chaotic than any other games? It hasn't felt chaotic to me at all.
MacDougall wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:56 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:34 am I have no clue if Jack is town or not. My gut reaction would be town, but I think the only evidence to that end is the WIFOM “oh Jack wouldn’t go after Nutella if he were scum” to which I’ll point out that 1) he might and 2) he backed off.
This is a bad post regardless of Jack's alignment.
MacDougall wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:38 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:34 am
MacDougall wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:27 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:25 am
MacDougall wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:20 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:17 am
MacDougall wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:41 pm Curious about when TSP voted for me? I was under the impression he wanted to lynch ... not me? And I missed where he explained placing a vote there.
A few hours before this post — when Sig overtook you. I want to lynch not you. But also not Sig.
So you put your vote on me over 24 hours before EOD to stop sig from steamrolling to the lead but you don't want to lynch me though?

Seems a little bit strange to me.
It’s about momentum — and making a statement.

Sig lynch bad because Sig almost always on Team B AND I don’t even believe that.
Mac lynch bad because if Mac is scum then Mac is scum then what.
Both are bad lynches, but furthermore:

If Sig is bad, Mac is probably always bad. So lynch Mac first.
Both are bad lynches, but you voted for me instead of attempting to push 20+ other options?
I have been attempting to push 20+ other options. It hasn’t worked.
So try harder?
MacDougall wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:47 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:40 am “Math is scummy!”
TSP doesn't think I am a good lynch
TSP uses probability to vote for me
I flip town
TSP "well it was still the better lynch"
TSP gets to vote for a player he considers a bad lynch and abscond his personal accountability

He should not be allowed to do this.
MacDougall wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:38 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:35 am
nutella wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:13 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:37 am Is it not the case that the entire case against Sig hinges on him swinging at Mac night one and then TMIing?
That's not all of it. His interactive history with Radish and Sabie is nasty.
Meh. I have read the evidence and I refuse to admit that I might be wrong.
This is a really strange take for anything other than a mafioso exactly teammates with Radishes and Sabie.

TSP stock chart

No. It looks like Mac selected Tony as his punching bag and then kept whacking it :eek: whenever he felt like it. The suspicion could have been genuine, or may not -- what matters is that I don't think it's distancing. Mac needed names to shade, and Tony seemed to be a favorite.

Doubt they're teammates.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Mac and Tranq

MacDougall wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:34 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:20 pm
Tranq wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:32 am I see sabie12 and Michelle share my suspicion of TH (maybe others too, i did not read everything, and probably won't get around to it), so i'm glad to see i'm not the only one. I'm putting a vote there.
Ew.
Yes that post is hot garbage

I think Michelle and Tranq profile as suspects too. I'd be interested to hear nutella's feelings on Michelle given she had a strong town read on her earlier.

MacDougall wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:35 pm
nutella wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:32 pm Convince me on tranq and michelle. I feel nothing about the former and townread the latter (though less so than before as I haven't seen much from her lately)
I can't remember why I thought tranq was bad. I probably was just piggy backing someone elses suspicions. Michelle is just not on her meta.
MacDougall wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:08 pm Does anyone have anything to say about Tranq's contributions? They seem like your common scum slank style play.

The best look for Tranq here is probably that first post, where Mac trampolined from my "ew" into one of his more severely-toned accusations. That's one thing. Otherwise Mac maintained the suspicion without doing anything with it. One can say that Mac dangled Tranq as bait, and it's plausible. I would expect more effort at resolving that bait though. I am not inspired to dissociate.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I think G-Man is the best lynch. The fit with Mac is conceivable, and I don't see a civilian in today's posts in general. He was also compatible with Radishes.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Just got hit with a little wave of nausea. I am a hypochondriac now.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 94

Post by G-Man »

Oh hi there. I am still here, but limited to phone-posting while I clean out space to set up a little work-from-home area in my bedroom. We’re going to find out how hard it is to keep a school district functional during a pandemic when the guy responsible for printing checks has to work remotely without access to the checks or the printer that’s aligned properly to print them! :biggrin:

Not lurking, but signed in and focused elsewhere.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

[mention]G-Man[/mention] why are you voting for yourself?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 523

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:08 pm
tedxtr wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:06 pm yeaaaaaah. so who's scum there?
speedchuck and Epignosis are the lead candidates, given that they have used this day for exactly nothing other than seeing me to the noose. I could also see Tranq.
Day isn't over yet.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:49 pm
speedchuck and Epignosis are the lead candidates, given that they have used this day for exactly nothing other than seeing me to the noose. I could also see Tranq.
Day isn't over yet.
You have an hour. Do something.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:52 pm
Epignosis wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:49 pm
Day isn't over yet.
You have an hour. Do something.
I'm reading people's shit that I didn't get to read today. Kiss my ass.

Or don't. Public health scare and all that. One cannot be too careful. :llama:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:03 pm In what world does a civilian vote for himself when the game hangs in the balance as it does right now?
In what world does a mafia member do the same?

I don't buy this rationalization. I've seen people self-vote for all sorts of reasons over the years. Both alignments. You have too. This is not a genuine thought.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:57 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:03 pm In what world does a civilian vote for himself when the game hangs in the balance as it does right now?
In what world does a mafia member do the same?

I don't buy this rationalization. I've seen people self-vote for all sorts of reasons over the years. Both alignments. You have too. This is not a genuine thought.
I already spent an hour talking with Jack about this. It's not just some arbitrary self-vote. It's a self-vote that, if innocent, can lose the entire game, or at least leave the civilians with zero margin for error. That's a lot harder to believe that some emotional civilian crying and self-voting on Day 1.

There's a clear mafia motivation. I don't believe you if you are going to tell me otherwise.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:36 pm I want to reiterate that Epignosis has done absolutely nothing today beyond put a vote on me. Be mindful of that later, whatever happens to me. And recall that he said he was going to get more involved. Nope.
What does that have to do with anything? Why does that bear emphasis? I played single father all day yesterday and was in meetings all day today. I thought I would have today to do things, but no. Boss put out a schedule that had our asses on campus all day in various trainings. This evening is my first time logging into this website today.

None of that has anything to do with my alignment and you know it. So why bring it up?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:06 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:36 pm I want to reiterate that Epignosis has done absolutely nothing today beyond put a vote on me. Be mindful of that later, whatever happens to me. And recall that he said he was going to get more involved. Nope.
What does that have to do with anything? Why does that bear emphasis? I played single father all day yesterday and was in meetings all day today. I thought I would have today to do things, but no. Boss put out a schedule that had our asses on campus all day in various trainings. This evening is my first time logging into this website today.

None of that has anything to do with my alignment and you know it. So why bring it up?
Time constraints have nothing to do with your alignment. What you choose to do with the time you do have has plenty to do with your alignment.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:08 pm
Epignosis wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:06 pm

Time constraints have nothing to do with your alignment. What you choose to do with the time you do have has plenty to do with your alignment.
:shrug2: You get what you get and you don't throw a fit.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:10 pm :shrug2: You get what you get and you don't throw a fit.
I get what I get and then I judge it. :nicenod:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Michelle wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:01 pm

"Lazy."

:disappoint:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Okay, I've read everything. My opinion hasn't budged.

JJJ, I stand guilty as charged.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

So g-man is going to vote for JJJ last second
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

right
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Tony, what's your take on G-Man? I don't recall if you said one way or the other.

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”