Champions 2019 - Crisis on The Syndicate [GAME OVER]

Would you like to see a hammer lynch tomorrow?

Poll ended at Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:00 pm

Yes
No votes
No
20%
I don't care
13%
MC Hammer (host/dead/nonplayer)
67%

Total votes: 15
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 530
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Re: Champions 2019 - Crisis on The Syndicate [Night 0]

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Master Radishes wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:45 pm I think the person on this roster I've played with most is...Nook? A grand total of two games.
Heckin yeah we have
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Master Radishes
Hitman
Posts in topic: 126

Post by Master Radishes »

Tell me more about these 'memes' you speak of.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 155

Post by S~V~S »

Regarding strong reads, I think civs need to be hyper aggressive this game becasue of this:
Hosts with the most said:

Ghosts

When a player dies, their ghost remains in the thread for three more phases. A ghost may post on-topic thrice-twice-once, in successive phases, in dead-red text. A ghost can claim its Win Condition.

Have you ever had that moment in a game, right after you died, when suddenly, it was all clear. Yeah, we all have. The baddies are gonna have to try harder to be blendy this game becasue of this, not be over aggressive, becasue it's gonna be harder for them to blow off a mislynch with the victim still in the thread. It's gonna be harder for them to just NK people who get up in their grilles if the victim is still in the thread.

I am always a pretty aggressive civ, but I tend to try to hold reads close to the vest becasue I don't want to paint targets on civs or give a baddie the heads up that they are under suspicion; sometimes I like to watch and draw them out, to see if they slip. But I think this is the game for full reads.

I want to see how the Zero poll plays out. Right now I like Nanook, I like sig, I like Nutella. I don't dislike Jules, TH, Jay, or Ted. I am not feeling Chuck so much or Sloonei. Sloonei getting all aggressive with sig rubs me the wrong way, becasue this is something I seem to recall seeing Sloonei doing fairly often, getting in sigs face. It's an easy stance for Sloonei to fall into. My thoughts on Chuck are wrapped up in his poll vote

Most everyone else is gray for me, or someone I am actively waffling about like Jack or G Man. I know G Man is hiding from G Woman, which I know was always a thing with him, but what little he wrote, meh. So him and Jack aren't really grey, but I could go either way. Some of the gray people, like Epi, Mac, and Tranq, are people I like to sort early, but it's Zero, so :shrug:

I don't think I played with Michelle before; I did play with Dyslexicon, but not enough to have a basis of comparison.

I also see that Dom, Colin, Dragomir and Sabie have not checked in yet.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell

Sloonei and dizzy both have high mafia equity, but low teammate equity, thus killing one will tell us more about the other as they’re in a non-mechanical 1v1 dipole.

That’s my quota of Serious Mafia Terms for the day, you’re welcome.
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Master Radishes
Hitman

S~V~S wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:48 pm Regarding strong reads, I think civs need to be hyper aggressive this game becasue of this:

Ghosts

When a player dies, their ghost remains in the thread for three more phases. A ghost may post on-topic thrice-twice-once, in successive phases, in dead-red text. A ghost can claim its Win Condition.

Have you ever had that moment in a game, right after you died, when suddenly, it was all clear. Yeah, we all have. The baddies are gonna have to try harder to be blendy this game becasue of this, not be over aggressive, becasue it's gonna be harder for them to blow off a mislynch with the victim still in the thread. It's gonna be harder for them to just NK people who get up in their grilles if the victim is still in the thread.

I am always a pretty aggressive civ, but I tend to try to hold reads close to the vest becasue I don't want to paint targets on civs or give a baddie the heads up that they are under suspicion; sometimes I like to watch and draw them out, to see if they slip. But I think this is the game for full reads.

I want to see how the Zero poll plays out. Right now I like Nanook, I like sig, I like Nutella. I don't dislike Jules, TH, Jay, or Ted. I am not feeling Chuck so much or Sloonei. Sloonei getting all aggressive with sig rubs me the wrong way, becasue this is something I seem to recall seeing Sloonei doing fairly often, getting in sigs face. It's an easy stance for Sloonei to fall into. My thoughts on Chuck are wrapped up in his poll vote

Most everyone else is gray for me, or someone I am actively waffling about like Jack or G Man. I know G Man is hiding from G Woman, which I know was always a thing with him, but what little he wrote, meh. So him and Jack aren't really grey, but I could go either way. Some of the gray people, like Epi, Mac, and Tranq, are people I like to sort early, but it's Zero, so :shrug:

I don't think I played with Michelle before; I did play with Dyslexicon, but not enough to have a basis of comparison.

What am I to you, a turnip?

Master Radishes wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:47 pm Tell me more about these 'memes' you speak of.
Well you see mr. misshapen potato, there are good mems and bad mems. We want the good mems, sometimes we even want the bad mems too, but we never want the selfies.

I like you too but I also think you’re mafia, discuss
Master Radishes
Hitman

This is two posts from SVS now that have felt like they could be written by a scum. Not that they are, just that they could be.
Master Radishes
Hitman

I think I like Sloonei, but I don't remember why now.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 729
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

S~V~S wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:48 pm I want to see how the Zero poll plays out. Right now I like Nanook, I like sig, I like Nutella. I don't dislike Jules, TH, Jay, or Ted. I am not feeling Chuck so much or Sloonei. Sloonei getting all aggressive with sig rubs me the wrong way, becasue this is something I seem to recall seeing Sloonei doing fairly often, getting in sigs face. It's an easy stance for Sloonei to fall into. My thoughts on Chuck are wrapped up in his poll vote
What do you base this read of me on? sig is a notorious mislynch target often, but I don't think I've ever been a regular opponent of his. If I have questions for/about him, I'll ask them. That's what I did here. I am not currently feeling especially suspicious of him.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:49 pm Sloonei and dizzy both have high mafia equity, but low teammate equity, thus killing one will tell us more about the other as they’re in a non-mechanical 1v1 dipole.

This post suggests that nanook is unaware there are two mafia teams.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Master Radishes wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:50 pm
S~V~S wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:48 pm Regarding strong reads, I think civs need to be hyper aggressive this game becasue of this:

Ghosts

What am I to you, a turnip?
LOL, no but I love our Turnip, he's one of my faves so that would put you in good company. But alas, you are kind of a grey radish so far.

You have not made much of an impression on me either way, you have not said much if anything on topic, but this post tells me you certainly are aggressive, and I like that.

So tell me, now that you are posting on topic, what about my posts make you think I'm bad?

Linki [mention]Sloonei[/mention] i, good to know. It felt to me like youwere using him to appear like standard Sloonei, but it's been a while for me, and it's only Zero.

Sloonei wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:55 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:49 pm Sloonei and dizzy both have high mafia equity, but low teammate equity, thus killing one will tell us more about the other as they’re in a non-mechanical 1v1 dipole.

This post suggests that Nanook is spewing nonsense.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 416
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

:clap: :clap: :clap:
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image

See nutes gets it
Master Radishes
Hitman

S~V~S wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:56 pm LOL, no but I love our Turnip, he's one of my faves so that would put you in good company. But alas, you are kind of a grey radish so far.

You have not made much of an impression on me either way, you have not said much if anything on topic, but this post tells me you certainly are aggressive, and I like that.

So tell me, now that you are posting on topic, what about my posts make you think I'm bad?

Linki @Sloonei i, good to know. It felt to me like youwere using him to appear like standard Sloonei, but it's been a while for me, and it's only Zero.
Okay, one more serious-sorta post then I'm going to bed.

Your posts sound like they could have been written by a baddie. E.g. over-explaining thoughts, suggesting what scum are going to try to do as a result of mechanics x, trying to list nearly everyone (even those that haven't checked in)...all traits I see scum do/do myself when scum.

So you go in my pink pile. It's too early to have proper red reads but your posts have, twice now, pinged me.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Not necessarily, he could stilljust mean that you're not on the same team, not that one flipping w totally clears the other
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:00 pm

I was gonna say it's a good look for you :shrug:
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:05 pm

Not necessarily, he could stilljust mean that you're not on the same team, not that one flipping w totally clears the other
I guess. I was interpreting it as the latter. Does nanook have a more detailed explanation in him?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Master Radishes
Hitman

Oh wait, my wife is taking a bath and the tub takes forever to fill. I'll stay up and play some more.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Master Radishes wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:02 pm
S~V~S wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:56 pm LOL, no but I love our Turnip, he's one of my faves so that would put you in good company. But alas, you are kind of a grey radish so far.

Linki @Sloonei i, good to know. It felt to me like youwere using him to appear like standard Sloonei, but it's been a while for me, and it's only Zero.

Your posts sound like they could have been written by a baddie. E.g. over-explaining thoughts, suggesting what scum are going to try to do as a result of mechanics x, trying to list nearly everyone (even those that haven't checked in)...all traits I see scum do/do myself when scum.

So you go in my pink pile. It's too early to have proper red reads but your posts have, twice now, pinged me.
I'm just getting started, I will probably post some amazing walls o'text this game, I haven't played in a year and I'm having fun! I always over explain; irl, too. What can I say, I'm chatty. And in my over explaining post, I talked about how I thought discussing reads was important this game, and why. And then I gave my reads, since I said it was, imo, important. But I get your points. Plus people who don't know me always think I'm bad. I scouted out a few sites in the early days of this site, and when I played in different cultures, I almost always got lynched Day One.
Master Radishes
Hitman

Can someone give me meta on nutella? I was thinking over thoughts and things and thought 'Yeah I like nute so far' and then I added 'because' and then I couldn't finish my thought.
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 339

Post by sig »

Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:21 pm
sig wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:32 pmMinus is good right? Like your subtracting how scummy you think I am. :biggrin:
Perma-scum sig is perma-scum. :scared:
:feb:

I've literally not gotten scum here in forever RGS (or whatever its called) hates me. Now on MU I never roll civ which is amazing, but like haven't played there since forever ago. People complain and get wins overturned all the time which annoys me.
ImageImage

Sloonei wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:05 pm

I mean it’s nonsense, but also even if you take it seriously I referenced the increases KP from two teams existing like 5 posts before this, so
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:45 pm For example, here is a good meme

Psh someone posted this in discord just the other day.

Plus one for lacking Ingenuity.

Also keep in mind we've got two teams, but I do agree that both aren't on the same team.
ImageImage
Master Radishes
Hitman

S~V~S wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:09 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:02 pm

I'm just getting started, I will probably post some amazing walls o'text this game, I haven't played in a year and I'm having fun! I always over explain; irl, too. What can I say, I'm chatty. And in my over explaining post, I talked about how I thought discussing reads was important this game, and why. And then I gave my reads, since I said it was, imo, important. But I get your points. Plus people who don't know me always think I'm bad. I scouted out a few sites in the early days of this site, and when I played in different cultures, I almost always got lynched Day One.
Things like the bolded don't do anything to lesson my suspicion. Lots of people will say that. But let's just keep playing, and we'll see how you perform knowing I am watching you like a hawk. :smoky:

I've noticed over the years I'm the opposite, oddly. People on my home forum auto-sort me as scum, whereas people who don't know me see my townieness shining through.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Master Radishes wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:11 pm Can someone give me meta on nutella? I was thinking over thoughts and things and thought 'Yeah I like nute so far' and then I added 'because' and then I couldn't finish my thought.
town nutella throws around lots of reads and isn't afraid to change her mind a hundred times. she's assertive and feisty when she's on.
i think she's also fooled me as scum at least once in recent memory, but i don't remember specifics.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage

There isn’t a more detailed explanation, it was meant entirely tongue in cheek.

It’s called satire ffs
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:14 pm

I mean it’s nonsense, but also even if you take it seriously I referenced the increases KP from two teams existing like 5 posts before this, so
smh acting like i pay attention to everything you say
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage

Excuse me I was the one that posted it in discord

Sloonei wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:17 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:14 pm

smh acting like i pay attention to everything you say
If you’re genuinely looking for a derp clear you should probably pay enough attention to see it wasn’t based on something like 5 posts earlier 🤷‍♀️
Master Radishes
Hitman

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:17 pm Excuse me I was the one that posted it in discord
Nanook confirmed That Guy Who Repeats The Same Joke A Dozen Times.

I mean sloonei and dizzy could be on the same team if we’re being real, there’s no good reason to think they aren’t 🤷‍♀️

Master Radishes wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:19 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:17 pm Excuse me I was the one that posted it in discord
Nanook confirmed That Guy Who Repeats The Same Joke A Dozen Times.
When it works it works

I do have a bunch of Sherman memes tho I can pull another out the stable
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Well just so you know I chuckled twice. :beer:
ImageImage
Master Radishes
Hitman

Sloonei wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:16 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:11 pm Can someone give me meta on nutella? I was thinking over thoughts and things and thought 'Yeah I like nute so far' and then I added 'because' and then I couldn't finish my thought.
town nutella throws around lots of reads and isn't afraid to change her mind a hundred times. she's assertive and feisty when she's on.
i think she's also fooled me as scum at least once in recent memory, but i don't remember specifics.
Thanks. I'll just wait and see how she plays as the game evolves, I suppose.
Master Radishes
Hitman

New poll.

Favourite spread:

-Strawberry jam
-Marmalade
-Peanut Butter
-Marmite
-Vegemite

...think that covers it.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Master Radishes wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:23 pm
Does this change anything about the way you're reading her right now?
Is there anyone we're not talking about who you think could be talked about more right now?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Master Radishes wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:25 pm New poll.

Favourite spread:

-Strawberry jam
-Marmalade
-Peanut Butter
-Marmite
-Vegemite

...think that covers it.
I can't answer this without knowing what surface I'm spreading things on.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 302

Post by speedchuck »

Favourite spread:

-Strawberry jam
-Marmalade
-Peanut Butter
-Marmite
-Vegemite

...think that covers it.
PB.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 94

Post by G-Man »

speedchuck wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:49 pm
Thin Mints are nasty.
Opinion! Give me facts or give me nothing.

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:11 pm There's even vanilla that will kick you in the shins punch you in the face and steal your wallet if you don't give it enough respect.
Yes, but let’s be honest- Vanilla Ice’s shin-kicking and wallet-stealing days are behind him now.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Favourite spread:

-Strawberry jam
-Marmalade
-Peanut Butter
-Marmite
-Vegemite

...think that covers it.
Those last two...... :disappoint:
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Can anyone give me a run down of Radishes Meta?
ImageImage
Master Radishes
Hitman

Sloonei wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:25 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:23 pm
Does this change anything about the way you're reading her right now?
Is there anyone we're not talking about who you think could be talked about more right now?
You ask many questions, kind of like a...question-asking...guy. :evileye:

Changes nothing about my current feels about nute. I'm just going to reserve them until I see what happens when the game picks up and we enter D1 properly and such. May be something, may be nothing.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Favourite spread:

-Strawberry jam
-Marmalade
-Peanut Butter
-Marmite
-Vegemite

...think that covers it.
:sigh:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Master Radishes
Hitman

sig wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:28 pm Can anyone give me a run down of Radishes Meta?
Nope, no one can. Half have never played with me, half have only played one game, and only Nook has played two games.

I'm an enigma to you. :mafia:
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 353

Post by MacDougall »

Master Radishes wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:53 pm This is two posts from SVS now that have felt like they could be written by a scum. Not that they are, just that they could be.
Had the same thought
Master Radishes
Hitman

nutella wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:29 pm

Favourite spread:

-Strawberry jam
-Marmalade
-Peanut Butter
-Marmite
-Vegemite

...think that covers it.
:sigh:
Oh duh.

Cream cheese. :beer:
Master Radishes
Hitman

Sloonei wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:26 pm

Favourite spread:

-Strawberry jam
-Marmalade
-Peanut Butter
-Marmite
-Vegemite

...think that covers it.
I can't answer this without knowing what surface I'm spreading things on.
Someone's naked body.

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”