HOSTS ONLY OPTION
33%

Total votes: 6
Evenstar
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 157

Re: Inception [Subconscious Phase 2]

Post by Evenstar »

Also, talk to Pawn about whether you should be TRing me. He's definitely able to read me - he nailed me early as scum in both my qualifier game and my Wildcard game from specchat.
Master Radishes
Hitman
Posts in topic: 85

Post by Master Radishes »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:45 am
Master Radishes wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:36 pm Epi, Eva, Jack, Nova

^contains scum, maybe even more than one
triggered.gif

Why? I townread everyone in this pile except Nova, who I don’t really have a read on.
That's based on who voted against Drago and who is in this group. I hesitate to be more specific about which ones I'm leaning more towards.
Master Radishes
Hitman
Posts in topic: 85

Post by Master Radishes »

ColinIsCool wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:45 am One other question, what are we thinking set-up wise in terms of team numbers? I’ve seen references to 8 scum but do we think 1 team? Indies, etc. ?
There was mention of a 3P role in the old thread. I don't recall specific numbers on how many scum.
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 40
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Evenstar wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:36 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:28 am
Evenstar wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:39 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:59 am Apparently fights happened, I haven’t read them and probably won’t if we’re being honest, but I will say anyways that everyone should cool their jets and take a deep breath, extended yell fests are not super fun usually. This format and posting restrictions are frustrating but if they’re so inhibiting just follow my lead and only reply to pings and do a semi-random pop in or two. It’s very freeing and sometimes helps you see the game a bit better from the 10,000 foot perspective.

@Evenstar if I said you’re town, would you agree?
Yes, but I'd say it's still too early for you to have that kind of hard opinion on me.

Now if you were calling Lexi town I'd agree, because I sussed Lexi multiple timea D1 and I'm still not dead

also I don't think scum lexi frustration-posts like this, she leans back and lets us tear each other apart with a few carefully selected jibes
If Lexi is genuinely frustrated, she’ll post it as either alignment I think?

I actually think you’re easier to TR (based off associations with drago) here than Lexi—we don’t know how much if any control scum had over the division, so you being alive after sussing her D1 isn’t really a point that works either way I think? Not without some assumptions about the setup I’m not really prepared to make at this point in time.
I'm assuming that this is still a mafia game, IE mafia have some way to prevent people from talking. Maybe that's selecting people for the new layer, maybe it's kills, IDK, but it remains the case that Lexi and I are in yhe same layer despite my suspicion of her D1 and in Finals she straight up NK'd me even when I was looking horrible just because she thought I'd tunnel her the next day.

Maybe I'm getting horribly outplayed, but I wanna go easy on Lexi anyway for non-play-related reasons. She doesn't need resolving right now IMO.
I mean I’m not calling for her head, just saying that I don’t think the normal logic necessarily applies.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Michelle
Made Man
Posts in topic: 103
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Post by Michelle »

ColinIsCool wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:45 am One other question, what are we thinking set-up wise in terms of team numbers? I’ve seen references to 8 scum but do we think 1 team? Indies, etc. ?
the setup is closed, i know nothing more than the flip and my own role.
Claim is not allowed for roles and actions and he have to submit our vote this DP by PM to our host without sayinhg itt who is exactly from a list of 3 suspects we are allowed to pick up. I consider logic all 3 will be from out part of the game.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:59 pm Death before cowardice.
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

*our part ..not out part

Evenstar wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:46 am Also, talk to Pawn about whether you should be TRing me. He's definitely able to read me - he nailed me early as scum in both my qualifier game and my Wildcard game from specchat.
Why would I talk to pawn when a) I’m already TRing you, b) I don’t need more reasons to, c) I prefer to make my own reads when I feel like I have a good read to make.
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Master Radishes wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:48 am
There was mention of a 3P role in the old thread. I don't recall specific numbers on how many scum.
Drago asked iaafr if he's 3rd part in one post, i don't remember the answer.

Evenstar
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Evenstar »

Master Radishes wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:46 am

triggered.gif

Why? I townread everyone in this pile except Nova, who I don’t really have a read on.
That's based on who voted against Drago and who is in this group. I hesitate to be more specific about which ones I'm leaning more towards.
Talk to me more about the other people on this list. I've read #45, but would like more details, particularly on Jack.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 130

Post by MacDougall »

So I'm awake at 2am with a vomiting toddler how bout you guys?
Evenstar
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Evenstar »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:52 am
Evenstar wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:46 am Also, talk to Pawn about whether you should be TRing me. He's definitely able to read me - he nailed me early as scum in both my qualifier game and my Wildcard game from specchat.
Why would I talk to pawn when a) I’m already TRing you, b) I don’t need more reasons to, c) I prefer to make my own reads when I feel like I have a good read to make.
Because Pawn will tell you I have a hellbus meta and you probably shouldn't be confidently TRing me yet. I'm interested in you having a correct view of the game, not blowing sunshine up your ass.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Hallo Colin good chum! Welcome to fucktown.
Evenstar
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Evenstar »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:58 am So I'm awake at 2am with a vomiting toddler how bout you guys?
*hugs*

10 am and avoiding studying for my midterm here

much luck
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 55

Post by ColinIsCool »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:59 am Hallo Colin good chum! Welcome to fucktown.
Thanks Mac. I’ve got little to no clue what’s going on so if you’re bad and want to pocket me feel free.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

ColinIsCool wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:00 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:59 am Hallo Colin good chum! Welcome to fucktown.
Thanks Mac. I’ve got little to no clue what’s going on so if you’re bad and want to pocket me feel free.
Me bad? No. Never.

You seem cute though.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Evenstar wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:59 am
MacDougall wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:58 am So I'm awake at 2am with a vomiting toddler how bout you guys?
*hugs*

much luck
Danke
Evenstar
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Evenstar »

I guessed 8 because 30/4 = 7.5 and you round up for large games, but that's probably not a unified team. Right now I would be betting ~6 team scum with ~2 independents, given that there were six team members in the movie plus Mal as a 3rd party plus maybe the target as another 3rd party. There could be surprises in there: I for one can't wait for someone to suddenly get hit with a train from out of nowhere
Evenstar
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Evenstar »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:02 pm
Me bad? No. Never.

You seem cute though.
drago/mac sleaze team 2019? :ponder:

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:52 am
Because Pawn will tell you I have a hellbus meta and you probably shouldn't be confidently TRing me yet. I'm interested in you having a correct view of the game, not blowing sunshine up your ass.
I mean it’s not about bussing, it’s about the interaction between you and drago around his shitty joke that doesn’t read as w/w to me.
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 55

Post by ColinIsCool »

Evenstar wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:03 pm
I guessed 8 because 30/4 = 7.5 and you round up for large games, but that's probably not a unified team. Right now I would be betting ~6 team scum with ~2 independents, given that there were six team members in the movie plus Mal as a 3rd party plus maybe the target as another 3rd party. There could be surprises in there: I for one can't wait for someone to suddenly get hit with a train from out of nowhere
A unified 8 feels like an awful lot for the Syndicate but it’s been a while since I was in a big game so maybe I am misremembering.
Pawn Lelouch
The Mark
Posts in topic: 133

Post by Pawn Lelouch »

Evenstar wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:04 pm
Me bad? No. Never.

You seem cute though.
Nah, Mac is just pure dick jokes over sleaze every day of the week.

Plus wholesomeness and sympathy pain with his kids.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 131
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Master Radishes wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:29 pm
Evenstar wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:21 pm ... man, I really wonder what chaos is currently occurring in the other thread

The majority of players just vanished
Did someone die? Multiple someones? Were we announced as having moved or did we just vanish with no explanation?

Are there scum there? Are there scum here? Probably there are scum in both places, but idek what the point of... oh, duh, the voting rules and the power thing, those are relevant. Ok. And the scum are Leo and Co, so... they have to progress through the levels somehow? Did they set this up? Probably there's some limitation on what they can do...

Yeah I got nothing. I super want to see how this shit works behind the scenes.

Given that multiple levels exist and there were three in the movie, I think we can bet that this'll happen again tonight - some of us will move to a new thread, some of us will [whatever happened to the other 13 players]

is there even another thread

there is super probably another thread

that or we're on a ridiculous clock and half of us are dead, but I don't think the GM would do that to us

This is stupid and I should table it for now, I'm just making myself paranoid because "what if we're in here with an 8-man scum team", which... yeah lol not happening
Stop doing that thing where you sow chaos please. There's no evidence of another thread, there's certainly no 8-person scum team in here, there certainly are some scum in here, and anyway it doesn't matter because we have a game to play.
You think Jay invited a bunch of new players for a 30 player game and then killed like 10+ players with no flips on N1?

It’s a reasonable assumption.

Baseless accusation.
Pawn Lelouch
The Mark

Post by Pawn Lelouch »

*hugs*

much luck
Oof, I hard feel for you here. That's always horrible position to be in. Good luck with it, hopefully you'll ace it!

More specifically it’s the way he made the shitty joke, didn’t retract it until there was thread pushback beyond just you. If you were partners I’d think the joke would die quietly, die after you pushed back with some sort of apology, or be blown into a bigger thing. It’s a weird fit for w/w for him to make the joke then basically ignore you.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Michelle wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:34 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:22 am Here’s where I’m at as of mid page 3. I’ll fill in the rest and move them about as I go. Players are in no particular order with the groups.

Town
Nutella
Mac
Epi
Creature

Maybe town
Benson
Eva
Michelle
Sprityo

Null
Nova
Quin
DF
Juliets
LC
Pawn

Maybe scum
Nanook

Scum vote pool
Radishes
Ifaar
got it thanks.
thoughts on Radishes?
His pushes on Epi and Eva seem dishonest to me.

Like about as dishonest as ifaar and 112. :shrug2:
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

[mention]Jackofhearts2005[/mention] You asked me to name three players. I don't think we should be too liberal with this type of thing. I was thinking (as I was falling asleep ironically) about the mechanics of doing so and think our chances of randomly lynching a scum here are better if the scum don't know who the town are misreading. ie. Our chances are better if the scum stack votes on a player who gets few to no errant townie votes.

Feel free to demonstrate why I'm wrong here.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Master Radishes wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:46 am

triggered.gif

So level one. Cool cool.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Evenstar wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:04 pm
Me bad? No. Never.

You seem cute though.
Drago and I hatched the perfect scheme to be gross pigs and prosper. It was imperfect.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Pawn Lelouch wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:08 pm
*hugs*

much luck
Oof, I hard feel for you here. That's always horrible position to be in. Good luck with it, hopefully you'll ace it!
I am a seasoned vet. She won't keep fluids down though so might have to go to ER soon.
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

take care of him, that's important rn

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Michelle wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:17 pm
She's just asleep on me atm so no biggie.
Pawn Lelouch
The Mark

Post by Pawn Lelouch »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:15 pm
Pawn Lelouch wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:08 pm
*hugs*

much luck
I am a seasoned vet. She won't keep fluids down though so might have to go to ER soon.
Oh dear.
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:10 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:22 am Here’s where I’m at as of mid page 3. I’ll fill in the rest and move them about as I go. Players are in no particular order with the groups.

Town
Nutella
Mac
Epi
Creature

Maybe town
Benson
Eva
Michelle
Sprityo

Null
Nova
Quin
DF
Juliets
LC
Pawn

Maybe scum
Nanook

Scum vote pool
Radishes
Ifaar
got it thanks.
thoughts on Radishes?

when in the game this happened? day one or today? (i know, i didn't catch up yet)

Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:18 pm
Michelle wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:17 pm
She's just asleep on me atm so no biggie.
awww <3

Evenstar
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Evenstar »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:11 pm Jackofhearts2005 You asked me to name three players. I don't think we should be too liberal with this type of thing. I was thinking (as I was falling asleep ironically) about the mechanics of doing so and think our chances of randomly lynching a scum here are better if the scum don't know who the town are misreading. ie. Our chances are better if the scum stack votes on a player who gets few to no errant townie votes.

If our votes are too diffuse then scum can literally just stack votes to ML the towniest player. I want to avoid the situation where the unseen votal looks something like like:

Obvious Town: 4x scum and a paranoid Villa
Scum: 4x Villa
Scummy-looking Town: 2x Villa
Lurker: 3x Villa
Hard to read Town: 2x Villa
Another Scum: 1x Villa

Leading to an obvious townie getting lynched and nobody knowing who did it because all votes were anonymous and the scum can just lie.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I dunno I tend to think that if it was left unsaid that most or at least a good portion of us would vote along similar lines if twas simply the objective to "vote for whomever you think is the most objectively scummy". If that person happens to be scum then voila.

MacDougall wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:11 pm @Jackofhearts2005 You asked me to name three players. I don't think we should be too liberal with this type of thing. I was thinking (as I was falling asleep ironically) about the mechanics of doing so and think our chances of randomly lynching a scum here are better if the scum don't know who the town are misreading. ie. Our chances are better if the scum stack votes on a player who gets few to no errant townie votes.

#readslistsarescummy
Evenstar
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Evenstar »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:28 pm I dunno I tend to think that if it was left unsaid that most or at least a good portion of us would vote along similar lines if twas simply the objective to "vote for whomever you think is the most objectively scummy". If that person happens to be scum then voila.
- oh, you're betting that 112 is scum

... ohhhhhhhhh

- Yeah, Mac's right, the scum ought to be under significant pressure after the loss of their Godfather yesterday and are probably going to want to play conservatively rather than risk a second scum lynch in a row
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

I think mafia still have scum chat so they will vote the same player and town will hardly make a mindmelt to lynch so i disagree with Mac .
Is not impossible but is too much randomness in this lynch

Evenstar
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Evenstar »

I still think they might stack on someone "at the edge of the PoE" though and hope a couple townies misfire
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 102

Post by 112 »

jack posted a scum's list, not sure why nobody's calling him on it
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

112 wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:46 pm jack posted a scum's list, not sure why nobody's calling him on it
Feel free?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

MacDougall wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:11 pm Jackofhearts2005 You asked me to name three players. I don't think we should be too liberal with this type of thing. I was thinking (as I was falling asleep ironically) about the mechanics of doing so and think our chances of randomly lynching a scum here are better if the scum don't know who the town are misreading. ie. Our chances are better if the scum stack votes on a player who gets few to no errant townie votes.

You’re wrong because if we don’t say where we’re voting we aren’t going to vote together and mafia will vote together regardless. Hidden vote mechanics are very pro mafia.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Michelle wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:20 pm

Town
Nutella
Mac
Epi
Creature

Maybe town
Benson
Eva
Michelle
Sprityo

Null
Nova
Quin
DF
Juliets
LC
Pawn

Maybe scum
Nanook

Scum vote pool
Radishes
Ifaar
got it thanks.
thoughts on Radishes?

when in the game this happened? day one or today? (i know, i didn't catch up yet)
Today. I barely remember Radish’s D1.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

112 wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:46 pm jack posted a scum's list, not sure why nobody's calling him on it
Oh yeah? Why is my list a “scum’s list?”
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

i am waiting clarifications tbh

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:57 pm

You’re wrong because if we don’t say where we’re voting we aren’t going to vote together and mafia will vote together regardless. Hidden vote mechanics are very pro mafia.
Not convinced.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

MacDougall wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:01 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:57 pm

Not convinced.
Okay but considering a few others said the exact same thing I did, you’re overruled.
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:58 pm

Town
Nutella
Mac
Epi
Creature

Maybe town
Benson
Eva
Michelle
Sprityo

Null
Nova
Quin
DF
Juliets
LC
Pawn

Maybe scum
Nanook

Scum vote pool
Radishes
Ifaar
got it thanks.
thoughts on Radishes?

then you can quote and give me details.

on D1 i was more focused on the interaction between Radishes and Elephant and i came after reading it with town read of radishes and SR on Elephant.

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Michelle wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:03 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:58 pm

Town
Nutella
Mac
Epi
Creature

Maybe town
Benson
Eva
Michelle
Sprityo

Null
Nova
Quin
DF
Juliets
LC
Pawn

Maybe scum
Nanook

Scum vote pool
Radishes
Ifaar
got it thanks.
thoughts on Radishes?

then you can quote and give me details.

on D1 i was more focused on the interaction between Radishes and Elephant and i came after reading it with town read of radishes and SR on Elephant.
I’m going to finish reading the day and then I’ll give you details. Casing people on the first three pages of an 11 page thread is a poor idea. You could easily iso Radish and take the first 8 or so posts to see what I’m talking about.

Return to “Inception: Adrift in Limbo”