Total votes: 19
Texas Cloverleaf
Posts in topic: 79

Re: I am the Elephant.

Post by Texas Cloverleaf »

Elephant wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:33 pm
Texas Cloverleaf wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:37 am
Elephant wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:27 am
Texas Cloverleaf wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:19 am Man the avatar upload restrictions here suck, this why no one talks to me :(
I talked to you earlier, but you did not reply.

If you link an image, I can resize it for you in a non-alignment-indicative manner.
Texas Cloverleaf.jpg
thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou

My attentions have been elsewhere since game start so I must have missed it, anything interesting?
I found it mildly interesting, but I'll let you be the judge.
Elephant wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:54 am
Texas Cloverleaf wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:44 am
iaafr wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:41 am also hows texas claim a mindmeld with nanook and then vote on the other side of the nutella eva dichotomy

which is probably town/town

theyre all scum

112/nanook/texas/michelle

i got 4 of em im satisfied with my d1
I have never interacted with Nanook??
Texas Cloverleaf wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:27 am MacDougall town, we get to mindmeld again wheee
Could iaafr have gotten this mixed up? Which side was MacDougall on at the time of your vote? I remember that MacDougall was working against Evenstar for a while, which would make your vote appear consistent.

I had googled "Texas Cloverleaf" because your MU profile avatar was too small for me to use. But I did some research.
Texas Ayreon.jpg
Oh yes I saw that, wasn't clear it was a directed question. Yes I think it's apparent that iaafr got mixed up, no idea where Mac was on, the mindmelding was unrelated iirc, he and I see mafia the same way and a large chunk of his early game was triggering that
Texas Cloverleaf

Elephant wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:33 pm
Texas Cloverleaf wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:37 am
Elephant wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:27 am
Texas Cloverleaf wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:19 am Man the avatar upload restrictions here suck, this why no one talks to me :(
I talked to you earlier, but you did not reply.

If you link an image, I can resize it for you in a non-alignment-indicative manner.
Texas Cloverleaf.jpg
thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou

My attentions have been elsewhere since game start so I must have missed it, anything interesting?
I found it mildly interesting, but I'll let you be the judge.
Elephant wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:54 am
Texas Cloverleaf wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:44 am
iaafr wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:41 am also hows texas claim a mindmeld with nanook and then vote on the other side of the nutella eva dichotomy

which is probably town/town

theyre all scum

112/nanook/texas/michelle

i got 4 of em im satisfied with my d1
I have never interacted with Nanook??
Texas Cloverleaf wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:27 am MacDougall town, we get to mindmeld again wheee
Could iaafr have gotten this mixed up? Which side was MacDougall on at the time of your vote? I remember that MacDougall was working against Evenstar for a while, which would make your vote appear consistent.

I had googled "Texas Cloverleaf" because your MU profile avatar was too small for me to use. But I did some research.
Texas Ayreon.jpg
Thank you again this is much better
Elephant
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 518

I am the Elephant.

Post by Elephant »

juliets wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:00 pm4. RE: "who's 112". At the time I did not see the joke here at all but I accept your answer that that's what you were doing.
Texas Cloverleaf lost to 112 in the Mafia Universe Championship Wildcards 1 game.
I am the Elephant.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 893
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Re: Inception [Subconscious Phase 1]

Post by nutella »

nutella wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:35 am wait is this one of those tricks the hosts are playing on us?? is this one of the ~~*unorthodox*~~ elements? is nova a plant?!
Btw anyone think I was onto something here?? He popped in once and dropped assertions that sprit and epi are bad with no explanation. Are we bring incepted? [mention]novaselinenever[/mention] are you the inceptor???
to the spoiler go the victories:
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

being*
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Texas Cloverleaf

Elephant wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:38 pm
juliets wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:00 pm4. RE: "who's 112". At the time I did not see the joke here at all but I accept your answer that that's what you were doing.
Texas Cloverleaf lost to 112 in the Mafia Universe Championship Wildcards 1 game.
Among others >:[
Benson
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 345
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his

Post by Benson »

juliets wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:36 pm
Benson wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:27 pm
juliets wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:15 pm
Texas Cloverleaf wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:04 pm @juliets people seem to think you're more likely town, who's your top two suspects if I were to take a look at someone specifically
I just dropped my suspicion of Tony so that's no longer in play.

I am concerned about novaselinever and Rej at this point but there is not much to go on. I'm also concerned about Nanook but that may also be because he hasn't had a lot to say from what I remember. I don't understand why he (or Eva) followed LLD's vote. LLD led him astray from what I remember in the champs finale and this reminds me of that. I will take a look at him shortly.
Wait, why did you completely drop the suspicion? I mean, his responses were okay, but it didn't seem like anything that should completely rectify his wolfy thread presence.

Wrt Nanook: I'm concerned about his over-emphasis that he isn't going to "play" early on because of the high player count. He keeps restating that fact; all the while he's in the thread and interacting ALL the time anyways, so it isn't even accurate.
Benson I just did a long post about Tony's responses to my accusations. The things I pointed out he had a good response for, most of them were things he pointed out were jokes and as I looked at them again I could see that they probably were. Maybe there are other reasons I should consider him that weren't in my ISO that others brought out. Why do you see him as wolfy?

Also, I need to go to my appointment in a few minutes and I won't be back until around 4:00 ugh, two hours from EOD. I dread it.

Also also, I just read through 112 again and I don't see me voting for her day 1. I will try to look at Nanook in the next few minutes.
I think TSP is wolfy because he's playing a very safe and quiet game. He hasn't said or done anything controversial, and that's how a lot of wolves play. I do get that that may be his meta but I can't move past it right now. I also hated how there was no follow up with his vote on you. It's like he never had an actual read he was trying to solve.

I realize I'm in a tunnel and I'm gonna move on for now because my case isn't substantial enough atm
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:39 am and I'm never lynching 112 day 1 (probably just never tbh).
How'd that work out for you last time bucko? :goofp:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Benson
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Benson »

nutella wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:40 pm
nutella wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:35 am wait is this one of those tricks the hosts are playing on us?? is this one of the ~~*unorthodox*~~ elements? is nova a plant?!
Btw anyone think I was onto something here?? He popped in once and dropped assertions that sprit and epi are bad with no explanation. Are we bring incepted? @novaselinenever are you the inceptor???
Lol
Wouldn't the inceptors just be the wolves?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Benson wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:47 pm
Btw anyone think I was onto something here?? He popped in once and dropped assertions that sprit and epi are bad with no explanation. Are we bring incepted? @novaselinenever are you the inceptor???
Lol
Wouldn't the inceptors just be the wolves?
Perhaps but we were told this setup is abnormal in some way
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 803
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

I haven’t seen a single Nova post. I thought he was a host D0.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Could be a 3p
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Benson
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Benson »

All I know about novaseline is they have a great username
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Well yeah he voted for the host option d0 which was another weird flag
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

nutella wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:45 pm
MacDougall wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:39 am and I'm never lynching 112 day 1 (probably just never tbh).
I’m reporting this post for unnecessary roughness.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

nutella wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:48 pmCould be a 3p
If i knew he was 3p, I’d vote for him but idk what to do with quiet Nova.
Benson
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Benson »

nutella wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:49 pm Well yeah he voted for the host option d0 which was another weird flag
But he had some actual hot takes? He has to be in the game.

I'm putting you down as never w/w with him, however. :p
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:49 pm
Oh he knows I mean it lovingly and with all due admiration.
But I do have some serious concerns about 112's play here feeling similar to wc1. Could be that they just have a style consistent across alignments (and I didn't watch the finale so don't have that data) but I'm wary of trusting them due to past experience.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Can someone point me at the 112 and Tony cases so I don’t have to read 30 pages.

I started another game, played really hard and died so my mafia brain is kinda shot atm.

Plus I’m supposed to be working.
Or, failing that, destroying the crests, which only serve to increase inequality.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

nutella wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:55 pm
But I do have some serious concerns about 112's play here feeling similar to wc1. Could be that they just have a style consistent across alignments (and I didn't watch the finale so don't have that data) but I'm wary of trusting them due to past experience.
I could easily sheep your 112 read after you crushed their effigy from specchat during WC1.

I could also easy stay on Eva and see who jumps. ;)
Benson
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Benson »

Really? I didn't play in that game but I thought 112 was be very active early on and was all over the place with their reads. A lot different than the reserved play in this game.
112 never plays the same way consistently. You just have to try to determine if the scum-hunting is coming from a genuine place.
Elephant
Corrupt Union Official

I am the Elephant.

Post by Elephant »

nutella wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:29 pm @Long Con Mac can be aware that Epi has won many scum games without having played those games. The hall of fame exists.

@Elephant to answer what you tagged me in-- Epi does often do weird things to generate reactions as town. He seems so confident in his hyena read that I thought the linguistic tic thing was real, but it's possible I'm missing something.
Thank you for your answer! It's apparent that you thought the tic was real, because you inquired after it.
I am the Elephant.
Benson
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Benson »

Benson wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:00 pm
Really? I didn't play in that game but I thought 112 was be very active early on and was all over the place with their reads. A lot different than the reserved play in this game.
112 never plays the same way consistently. You just have to try to determine if the scum-hunting is coming from a genuine place.
But maybe you're right, Nutella, if you're talking about later-game 112 in wc1.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Jack: What should I do?
Mac: Eva is town cause meta.
Jack: That makes sense.
MakotoCloverleaf: No that’s wrong!
Jack: Ooookay. What should I do?
Nutella: 112 is scum cause meta.
MakotoBensen: No that’s wrong!
Jack: 😒
Benson
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Benson »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:04 pm Jack: What should I do?
112 is still wolfy
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:04 pm Jack: What should I do?
Jack: Ffs...
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

[VOTE: 112] aubergine

I was gonna post a Yao Ming face but you know, fuck him and fuck the Rockets. Sorry not sorry your enabling genocide is hurting your bottom line.
Elephant
Corrupt Union Official

I am the Elephant.

Post by Elephant »

This forum has a "top" link on every post, but no "bottom" link at the top.
I am the Elephant.
vanity.
The Mark
Posts in topic: 427
Preferred Pronouns: they/them or she/her

Post by vanity. »

holy moly this 112 wagon

and i have v read everyone from it at least once this game!
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

apparently the group discussions aren't happening and i have absolutely nothing to say at the moment so i guess i'll just see you guys in like 3 hours for eod
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

vanity. wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:15 pm holy moly this 112 wagon

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Hi, [mention]dunya[/mention].

And hi to the other 6 people in the thread that are actually playing.
Pawn Lelouch
The Mark
Posts in topic: 200

Post by Pawn Lelouch »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:25 pm Hi, dunya.

And hi to the other 6 people in the thread that are actually playing.
Got class. Gimme like 2 hours. :p
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 277

Post by Dom »

nutella wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:55 pm
Epignosis wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:22 pm
nutella wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:07 pm
Epignosis wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:00 pm
nutella wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:15 pm Look, I object to Dom blindly hopping on the Hyena wagon when he hasn't read anything. If he has read Hyena's iso and come to his own conclusions, then fine. I just want to make sure he's actually giving himself a chance to see hyena town.
Why? I still don't.
what is the "why" in response to?
"I object to Dom hopping on the Hyena wagon when he hasn't read anything."

Would you object to Dom hopping on any wagon given that he hasn't read anything?
Well, yeah, I guess so. He doesn't have any good reasoning for any vote at this point.
....so Don is bad no matter what, then?

K

Orrrrr
I just shouldn’t vote? Does anyone really have a good reason to vote anyone on Day 1 even if there are 60 pages of what I assume is mostly bullshit.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 277

Post by Dom »

Epignosis wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:49 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:43 pm Just looking at it right now and TSP has a wagon, Dragomir has one vote, LC and Rej have zero votes. I think the latter two need wagon formation.

[VOTE: Long Con] aubergine
What the hell for?
[mention]nutella[/mention]
]nutella[/mention]

What do you think of Mac voting for Long Con for seemingly bad reasons?
Just wondering given your statements on other issues.
nutella wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:54 pm
Dom wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:57 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:33 pm
Dom wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:31 pm Mac I'm not doing that.
Can you at least like just tell me who you suspect right now and/or who your biggest town reads are and I can piece the rest together?
lean bad: hyena, vanity, juliets

lean town: epignosis, nutella (slight)
Epignosis wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:36 pm
Dom wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:31 pm
Epignosis wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:02 pm I do not foresee supporting a Day 1 nutella lynch.

Especially not one based on a graphic damn organizer.
It's a stretch to call that a graphic organizer.
It's a work-related joke meant to amuse myself given what I go through. :meany:
You know my occupation... you know i get it. :sigh:

juliets wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:50 pm
Dom wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:31 pm
juliets wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:01 pm nutella is cheeky regardless of alignment in my experience.
I think there's sometimes more venom when she's bad.
I agree and almost included that thought. She is harsher, meaner, and I haven't seen that in this game.

Also, I see you hated my ISO too. I'm not likely to try one again. I worked hard and thought it was meaningful but I guess everyone is laughing at it. (I'm not feeling sorry for myself, I guess I'm just not good at it.)
It seems wildly out of character.
hmmmm Dom townreads me and agrees with me on something, is he bad :ponder:
actually last time we were town together we had spats like normal for a while but eventually had mindmelds so like... it's possible for us to agree as town it just always feels weird to me (also I still ended up mislynching him in that game under exceedingly dumb circumstances)

I just have an automatic flinch reaction whenever Dom isn't tearing apart everything I say, but I think that's a bias I need to chillax on tbh. we have very different approaches to the game, but he's a cool dude and I don't intend to antagonize him all the time without good reason

that being said, at least take my read of hyena a little bit seriously :keys:
I am taking it seriously. I do lean town on you. But I still put pressure on my town reads.

But— I just don’t feel like I’ve found a better candidate yet. I’m not reading back to everything I missed. It’s too much. I also don’t think that should exonerate me. That’s dumb.

I will do my best going forward, but this game is moving way faster than I’d like.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Elephant
Corrupt Union Official

I am the Elephant.

Post by Elephant »

vanity. wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:17 pm apparently the group discussions aren't happening and i have absolutely nothing to say at the moment so i guess i'll just see you guys in like 3 hours for eod
You could've talked to Jack?

I just looked through the 112 ISO. Their strategy appears to be to scum-read players, and then to pocket them by flipping to a townread. I see this done on nutella, iaafr, Benson, MacDougall, maybe others. The only straight town-read without a negging is vanity. Evenstar calls 112 out on pocketing at one point, and 112's reaction is a bit strange. #406
I am the Elephant.
Benson
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Benson »

Elephant wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:38 pm
vanity. wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:17 pm apparently the group discussions aren't happening and i have absolutely nothing to say at the moment so i guess i'll just see you guys in like 3 hours for eod

I just looked through the 112 ISO. Their strategy appears to be to scum-read players, and then to pocket them by flipping to a townread. I see this done on nutella, iaafr, Benson, MacDougall, maybe others. The only straight town-read without a negging is vanity. Evenstar calls 112 out on pocketing at one point, and 112's reaction is a bit strange. #406
That's a great take. I know historically 112 often tries to pocket me when they're a wolf.
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 280

Post by 112 »

i went back to sleep for a while and come back to this? you're lynching the abstract concept of compassion you dinguses.
Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

Benson wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:41 pm

That's a great take. I know historically 112 often tries to pocket me when they're a wolf.
that's a product of me always trying to work with you when we're both town, though. i've gotta mimic my town game.
Benson
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Benson »

112 wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:45 pm i went back to sleep for a while and come back to this? you're lynching the abstract concept of compassion you dinguses.
That doesn't sound very compassionate
Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

why is my reaction there strange?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Elephant wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:38 pm You could've talked to Jack?
[mention]vanity.[/mention]

https://www.youtube.com/embed/cwF-o4haZ ... =34&end=49
Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

mafia is frustrating me lately- could be my third mislynch in a row in games i've completed.

ppl don't know how to read me and ignore all my good thoughts because it's ezer
Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

i don't have full energy for the game, haven't said much, understand why i'm being wagoned and w/e but still just gotta tell u all flat to your faces that you're wrong
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

112 wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:49 pm mafia is frustrating me lately- could be my third mislynch in a row in games i've completed.

Who is mafia?
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:49 pm
@vanity.

sure? guess i'm not opposed. let's talk about, idk, the weather?
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

like i guess i haven't gotten a townread on michelle yet

that worries me
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 198
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

112 wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:51 pm i don't have full energy for the game, haven't said much, understand why i'm being wagoned and w/e but still just gotta tell u all flat to your faces that you're wrong
In some places this is known as the nanook special. <3
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

vanity. wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:51 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:49 pm
sure? guess i'm not opposed. let's talk about, idk, the weather?
I guess I got excited enough cutting that clip that I forgot you said you had nothing to say. :shrug:
Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:51 pm
112 wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:49 pm mafia is frustrating me lately- could be my third mislynch in a row in games i've completed.

Who is mafia?
epi, tony, michelle, maybe you, maybe elephant, drago? idk

Return to “Inception: Adrift in Limbo”