Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 167

Re: Persona 5 Mafia [Night 1]

Post by Epignosis »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:48 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:44 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:31 pm
Epignosis wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:15 pm Tony got bussed. I'm sold. He's waving flags at his accusers and trying to mask which one did it.
Jay’s late vote aside, my problem is that the Tony wagon is exactly all my townreads before Tony flipped.

I agree Tony went into antispew somewhere around the point he voted for Jay.
I agree with both of you in that I do think that Tony was bussed, but I do not think that it makes sense to have been a decision that was made before he was placed under pressure. I don't think it makes sense for me to have both introduced the suspicion and then bussed, but at some point I can buy that he and his partner started to feel like it was a lost cause and it turned into a bus, and that is exactly how I felt in the heat of the moment when I belaboured the point that I thought you were doing exactly that.
Yeah but I’m town.

I get that Tony was a lost cause at some point so maybe that’s a good look for Epi not voting for him.

But why is Tony’s partner not one of the players absent at EOD?
You and I have never been on a team, have we?
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Dragomir
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 186

Re: Persona 5 Mafia [Day 1]

Post by Dragomir »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:30 pm
Epignosis wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:29 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:53 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:48 am TonyStarkPrime, could you gimme some quick gun-to-head reads on everyone?

-Creature
-Dragomir
-Epignosis
-Jackofhearts2005
-JaggedJimmyJay
-Long Con
-MacDougall
-nutella
-Rej
-sprityo
Since you asked
town
scum
sort out
sort out
sort out
sort out
town unless with Nutella
scum
scum
town

I have no current interest in reading the top three sort outs and LC has no posts

“But that’s not the point of GTH”
“Well I gave you three scum so I guess town town town but I legitimately have very few thoughts”
The red sticks out. That's Mac and nutella Tony is drawing attention to. That's a variant on a mafia trick I've used (although it's poorly executed). If TSP and Mac are bad together, then nutella's reveal solidifies Mac's goodness. If TSP and nutella are bad together, it solidifies nutella's goodness.

MacDougall and nutella are my present suspects.
Fair enough observation. I had quite a few moments of doubt towards Nutella yesterday tbh. I can assure you that I am not Mafia though. TSP would not have been lynched if I was. Not under any circumstances.
I don't like this. The moment someone says fair enough, implying that their reasons against them are good I have a problem. I attribute this to scum behavior. I've done as scum, I've seen scum give up like that. I think it's them trying to pocket by pleasing the townie that's suspecting them. This is not a good look.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 523
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Anyone who trusts Epignosis, I'd like for you to talk with me about this please.
Spoiler: show
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 202

Post by MacDougall »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:48 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:44 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:31 pm
Epignosis wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:15 pm Tony got bussed. I'm sold. He's waving flags at his accusers and trying to mask which one did it.
Jay’s late vote aside, my problem is that the Tony wagon is exactly all my townreads before Tony flipped.

I agree Tony went into antispew somewhere around the point he voted for Jay.
I agree with both of you in that I do think that Tony was bussed, but I do not think that it makes sense to have been a decision that was made before he was placed under pressure. I don't think it makes sense for me to have both introduced the suspicion and then bussed, but at some point I can buy that he and his partner started to feel like it was a lost cause and it turned into a bus, and that is exactly how I felt in the heat of the moment when I belaboured the point that I thought you were doing exactly that.
Yeah but I’m town.

I get that Tony was a lost cause at some point so maybe that’s a good look for Epi not voting for him.

But why is Tony’s partner not one of the players absent at EOD?
Nutella was absent at EOD. Nutella could easily be. Long Con could easily be too. Sprityo maybe but ... I dunno ... it could be Sprityo if Sprityo went hard at rej at some stage, (did he? he was active when I was not so I do not know). If Sprityo did not go hard at rej then I doubt it is Sprityo because Sprityo trying to get me mislynched over TSP is about as futile a mafia strategy as I've seen.

It'd make almost as much sense that Tony was just alone in all of this though (the Long Con case). There is a little bit of potential coordinated antiwagon towards rej (the Jay is mafia world) but it's not overwhelming enough to rule out that Tony was just all at sea on his lonesome and his lolcatting at end of day was just benign frustration.

So I guess I am at "if bus = nutella, if not bus = Long Con unless Sprityo vs. rej in which case Long Con OR Sprityo".
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:53 pm Three seconds into Day 1, Tony had three votes on his face.

Who protects that teammate?
I do.

But I'm not his teammate.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 258
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:50 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:45 pm“well he played a crap game defending a wolf on D1. I was justified”
I have played an excellent civilian game to this point, and no I am not joking. :noble:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:45 pmGonna reread why people think Tony was bussed and see if that’s convincing at all.
My initial instinct with regard to this is contextual. There were exactly zero minutes in all of Day 1 in which Tony was truly safe. Until the very last moment with Epignosis, nobody read him as a civilian -- not me, not Mac, not anyone. There were little points here and there that gave people doubts as is often the case with people checking every angle they can, but he was never safe.

So why does a mafioso protect him? What? That's nonsense. The only reason I can see Epignosis doing it is his disdain for bussing. Otherwise I find it much easier to associate the Tony lynch with either a bus or with teammate(s) who were on sideline wagons.
I mean, you need mislynches as a wolf and a wolf lynch means no mislynch plusbthetown gets clues.

Also if there are only 2 wolves, losing your partner D1 sucks.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

"Fair enough" bugged me too, Dragomir. I don't tend to act on those kinds of tiny pings, but I'll at least say that it bugged me. :smile:
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:42 pm A brief argument of my innocence before I move on to burying others. From where I sit, I feel like I am the person most responsible for TSP's lynch and that matters on a day 1 in which nobody really got put under all that much duress, meaning that if I and TSP were wolves together the obvious and simple move would have been for us to introduce or push an alternative wagon and with my thread control capacity I would have found it pretty bloody easy to create a mislynch. I introduced the original TSP suspicion and when things were moving towards counter subjects I am the one that reintroduced the TSP wagon. I might have briefly doubted myself, but I ultimately ended up revoting him in a manner that only sought to reduce the credit that I would have gained. I don't think that it makes any sense for wolf me to have chosen to bus at all, let alone not done so thoroughly and convincingly. If there is one thing that is not really part of my scum game it's bussing. I am more of a team win without loss kind of person.

I don't like using wifom defences, but I know that most of you love it so if you choose to ignore it and you are familiar with me you're intentionally ignoring the obvious, or you're forgetting what you know (unless you're Epi who I can forgive for it because he's not really a meta guy).

Obvious argument against this is "wifom" etc. but me not being a busser is something that has held water for years and I am not gonna use a trump card like that in a random game like this sorry.

Now I don't feel particularly confronted by this, but I have seen a few day 1 mafia lynches end up in tragedy due to townies complacent and the survivors being skilled and not leaving much teammate connections so I feel it is my civ duty to 86 any angles towards me being suspect early and without doubt.
Hmmmm. Can't say I know what to take of this. Sounds kinda genuine. I guess.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Dragomir wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:53 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:48 am TonyStarkPrime, could you gimme some quick gun-to-head reads on everyone?

-Creature
-Dragomir
-Epignosis
-Jackofhearts2005
-JaggedJimmyJay
-Long Con
-MacDougall
-nutella
-Rej
-sprityo
Since you asked
town
scum
sort out
sort out
sort out
sort out
town unless with Nutella
scum
scum
town

I have no current interest in reading the top three sort outs and LC has no posts

“Well I gave you three scum so I guess town town town but I legitimately have very few thoughts”
The red sticks out. That's Mac and nutella Tony is drawing attention to. That's a variant on a mafia trick I've used (although it's poorly executed). If TSP and Mac are bad together, then nutella's reveal solidifies Mac's goodness. If TSP and nutella are bad together, it solidifies nutella's goodness.

Fair enough observation. I had quite a few moments of doubt towards Nutella yesterday tbh. I can assure you that I am not Mafia though. TSP would not have been lynched if I was. Not under any circumstances.
I don't like this. The moment someone says fair enough, implying that their reasons against them are good I have a problem. I attribute this to scum behavior. I've done as scum, I've seen scum give up like that. I think it's them trying to pocket by pleasing the townie that's suspecting them. This is not a good look.
The observation that Tony tried to create some wifom to work against me and in the favour of Nutella is agreeable to me. There are two distinct possibilities in Epignosis's observation. I made quite clear that the one in which I am Mafia is not the one I agree with. This little flirtation against me is quite simplistic and lame.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:55 pm Anyone who trusts Epignosis, I'd like for you to talk with me about this please.
Nobody ever trusts me. It's a blessing and a curse.

Leastwise it's fun. :dark:
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:55 pm I mean, you need mislynches as a wolf and a wolf lynch means no mislynch plusbthetown gets clues.

I don't care about what strikes you as optimal. I care about what mafia members actually do. Short of Epignosis, I don't see anyone on this roster that I'd expect to actively resist a lynch of teammate Tony. I don't know Rej or Creature as well.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:55 pm "Fair enough" bugged me too, Dragomir. I don't tend to act on those kinds of tiny pings, but I'll at least say that it bugged me. :smile:
It's nothing unless it's something, which it's not so it's nothing, so unless someone wants to make something out of nothing then talking about it is just thread bloaty garbage.

So ... do you want to make something out of it?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I hate that post by Jay if that wasn't clear. It's wolfy as fuck.
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:48 pm In the context of a bus, it makes sense that there was an attempt to introduce a counterwagon before the bussing decision was made. It also would have not occurred until the counterwagon was truly busted. The only counterwagon that was intentionally and ruthlessly thrown out on day 1 that I can recall (because it was me who did it), was the Jack/Nutella push on Jay. So looking into who framed up the counterwagons that manifested after TSP's initial suspicion is probably where to look. That would be Jack/Nut's insistence towards lynching Jay and perhaps Jay's attempt to lynch Rej.

So I would say Jack/Nutella are very much worth looking into. That Epi has narrowed it down to me/Nutella, leans me towards thinking that it was Nutella sheeping Jack who is the guilty one, rather than Jack actually coming up with El Capitano del Civiliana as a legitimate day 1 mislynch candidate out of nowhere.
Damn, good arguments everywhere this game. Don't know what to even think anymore.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:58 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:55 pm "Fair enough" bugged me too, Dragomir. I don't tend to act on those kinds of tiny pings, but I'll at least say that it bugged me. :smile:
It's nothing unless it's something, which it's not so it's nothing, so unless someone wants to make something out of nothing then talking about it is just thread bloaty garbage.

So ... do you want to make something out of it?
Not really.

Just wearing my head ball coach cap and supporting the growth of the youngest player on the ball club. :goofp:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Epignosis wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:55 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:53 pm Three seconds into Day 1, Tony had three votes on his face.

I do.

I most definitely do.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:59 pm I hate that post by Jay if that wasn't clear. It's wolfy as fuck.
This is just as basic and lame as the thing you're whining about.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:00 pm
Epignosis wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:55 pm

I do.

I most definitely do.
Glad I'm not the only one. I've been on teams where they lynched each other like it was their objective. Drove me insane.

(I still got us the win though)
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I feel like we're ignoring Epignosis again.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:00 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:59 pm I hate that post by Jay if that wasn't clear. It's wolfy as fuck.
You don't even know why I think it's wolfy so how can you say that?

To be clear, it's wolfy because it serves wolf purposes.

1. Steels the resolve of another person that their wrong minded doubt towards me is sound. The types of doubts Dragomir has towards me (the tinfoil variety) are tunnel making doubts. Turning Dragomir against me right now is perfect for the mafia. This was made worse by the fact that you simultaneously declared that you doubt that very doubt resolving you of the lashback of being a proponent of said doubt.
2. Makes them feel like you are a friend.

Both of these things are wolf moves. Neither of them are civ moves.

Now tell me again that it's basic and lame.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:03 pm I feel like we're ignoring Epignosis again.
:bliss:
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:55 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:50 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:45 pm“well he played a crap game defending a wolf on D1. I was justified”
I have played an excellent civilian game to this point, and no I am not joking. :noble:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:45 pmGonna reread why people think Tony was bussed and see if that’s convincing at all.
My initial instinct with regard to this is contextual. There were exactly zero minutes in all of Day 1 in which Tony was truly safe. Until the very last moment with Epignosis, nobody read him as a civilian -- not me, not Mac, not anyone. There were little points here and there that gave people doubts as is often the case with people checking every angle they can, but he was never safe.

So why does a mafioso protect him? What? That's nonsense. The only reason I can see Epignosis doing it is his disdain for bussing. Otherwise I find it much easier to associate the Tony lynch with either a bus or with teammate(s) who were on sideline wagons.
I mean, you need mislynches as a wolf and a wolf lynch means no mislynch plusbthetown gets clues.

You're trying really hard to paint Jay as bad. Sure all of these are true but what's worse is defending a lost cause. Jay is right, it's absolute nonsense to hard defend your buddy in that situation. Tell me I'm wrong. A mafioso either avoids the lynch on their buddy or joins in. There's a chance that a redirect might happen but this situation doesn't call for it(only when your buddy has very few votes on them is it optimal to redirect the lynch from them).
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:04 pm

1. Steels the resolve of another person that their wrong minded doubt towards me is sound. The types of doubts Dragomir has towards me (the tinfoil variety) are tunnel making doubts. Turning Dragomir against me right now is perfect for the mafia. This was made worse by the fact that you simultaneously declared that you doubt that very doubt resolving you of the lashback of being a proponent of said doubt.

I know exactly why you think it's "wolfy". And it's fucking basic. I mean no shit. "Now Dragomir is going to think he's right her dee der". It's the night phase, and you're not getting lynched in this Mafia game because of that.

Get a grip, nerd.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Night 1 after a day 1 Mafia lynch. Super town Jay is in hot takes mode.

It feels to me like you are currently trying to open up strings of wrong minded case making everywhere. Pushing Dragomir towards me, opening up suspicion lines towards Epignosis, humouring the bussing case. You are not operating with the narrow minded focus towards tried and true scum huntign methodology. It also feels like your interaction analysis was tokenistic because it really proved nothing.

I also do not sense the "I better get my shit in" Jay that is ever present on night 1 after a Mafia death.

So you're either Mafia or you are using this game to experiment with your meta.
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:57 pm

-Creature
-Dragomir
-Epignosis
-Jackofhearts2005
-JaggedJimmyJay
-Long Con
-MacDougall
-nutella
-Rej
-sprityo
Since you asked
town
scum
sort out
sort out
sort out
sort out
town unless with Nutella
scum
scum
town

The observation that Tony tried to create some wifom to work against me and in the favour of Nutella is agreeable to me. There are two distinct possibilities in Epignosis's observation. I made quite clear that the one in which I am Mafia is not the one I agree with. This little flirtation against me is quite simplistic and lame.
Obviously you won't agree with the notion that you're scum. Nobody does. That doesn't mean anything. Saying that the reason against you is a fair, valid argument against you is my problem.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:07 pm

I know exactly why you think it's "wolfy". And it's fucking basic. I mean no shit. "Now Dragomir is going to think he's right her dee der". It's the night phase, and you're not getting lynched in this Mafia game because of that.

Get a grip, nerd.
This is needlessly insulting and rude.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:08 pm I also do not sense the "I better get my shit in" Jay that is ever present on night 1 after a Mafia death.

You have got to be shitting me. :smile:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Dragomir wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:08 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:57 pm

-Creature
-Dragomir
-Epignosis
-Jackofhearts2005
-JaggedJimmyJay
-Long Con
-MacDougall
-nutella
-Rej
-sprityo
Since you asked
town
scum
sort out
sort out
sort out
sort out
town unless with Nutella
scum
scum
town

Obviously you won't agree with the notion that you're scum. Nobody does. That doesn't mean anything. Saying that the reason against you is a fair, valid argument against you is my problem.
I did not do what you are saying though. Demonstrably.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:08 pm This is needlessly insulting and rude.
Sorry. I'm annoyed to be associated with shit I think is silly.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:09 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:08 pm I also do not sense the "I better get my shit in" Jay that is ever present on night 1 after a Mafia death.

"Mac is a dumb idiot" is exactly how Mafia deal with my cases 99% of the time. Especially good ones. Civilian Jay doesn't go the discrediting route ever. Civilian Jay doesn't provoke me into an in thread shit fight because it is anti-town.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:10 pm

"Mac is a dumb idiot" is exactly how Mafia deal with my cases 99% of the time. Especially good ones. Civilian Jay doesn't go the discrediting route ever. Civilian Jay doesn't provoke me into an in thread shit fight because it is anti-town.

Have you read the game Night 1?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

There's a 3rd option. Jay just mindmelded with me which is a townie thing but I like your argument anyway.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I mean there is hardly more I could have done Night 1 lol. I'm just baffled sometimes by the things people say to me in these games. :shrug2:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

To be clear for anyone who may not be able to interpret my incredulous words, because that has happened 800 times in this game

Mac not knowing what my posts are in Night 1 does not make him a mafioso.

K.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:08 pm This is needlessly insulting and rude.
There is nothing "silly" about the accusation I made. It may be an ordinary thing to suspect you for but ordinary works. You aren't above being an ordinary style wolf. I don't need to modify my perceptions of what is and isn't scummy to fit a "Jay is too good at being mafia to do regular Mafia things" world view. Just because you are the person being accused doesn't make it silly. If I made that accusation against anyone but you you would have entertained it.

It is also the kind of thing that you should be able to explain away rationally if you are not guilty of it, as opposed to lashing out with insults.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Mac = Good.
JJJ = Good.
Dragomir = Good.

I'm going to enter Day 2 (assuming I do) with that.
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

Ngl, I feel like a Jay lynch is a must for this game. I think it might provide some info on others considering how much ppl are attacking him. I still think he's town but these are my 2 cents on a Jay lynch.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:13 pm
There is nothing "silly" about the accusation I made. It may be an ordinary thing to suspect you for but ordinary works. You aren't above being an ordinary style wolf. I don't need to modify my perceptions of what is and isn't scummy to fit a "Jay is too good at being mafia to do regular Mafia things" world view. Just because you are the person being accused doesn't make it silly. If I made that accusation against anyone but you you would have entertained it.

It is also the kind of thing that you should be able to explain away rationally if you are not guilty of it, as opposed to lashing out with insults.
Whether you think it is silly is irrelevant to whether I think it is silly. I think it is silly. I'm annoyed.

I told you why I made that post. I have at multiple junctures of this game, especially but not exclusively with Jack, adopted a "head coach" sort of supportive persona because I think it breeds a congenial, positive Mafia environment that keeps people engaged in Syndicate games. We have had too many hostile, angry messes that have turned people away, and I am doing what I can, within my behavioral limitations, to curb that. I supported Dragomir's comment because it literally did occur in my brain as well, even if it isn't something that is important to me, and I think that will promote continued confident play from Dragomir.

You're never getting lynched for saying "fair enough", so I really have no problem doing that.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Dragomir wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:15 pm Ngl, I feel like a Jay lynch is a must for this game. I think it might provide some info on others considering how much ppl are attacking him. I still think he's town but these are my 2 cents on a Jay lynch.
:disappoint:
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

Epignosis wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:17 pm
Dragomir wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:15 pm Ngl, I feel like a Jay lynch is a must for this game. I think it might provide some info on others considering how much ppl are attacking him. I still think he's town but these are my 2 cents on a Jay lynch.
:disappoint:
:nicenod:
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:13 pm To be clear for anyone who may not be able to interpret my incredulous words, because that has happened 800 times in this game

Mac not knowing what my posts are in Night 1 does not make him a mafioso.

K.
Outside of you doing interaction analysis's you have been live posting and reacting to people which requires nothing but time and both of these things come extremely naturally to any version of you, so spare me that you deserve any specific town credit for what you've done. The results of all of your effort are what render them suspect, not the having or not having done them. You usually get results, you've got none here and are left in hot takes mode. Not always successful results, but your analysis usually results in a strategy that you then engage tactics to work through. That is the route of my issue. That is what is missing.

I'll add that I would find anyone suspicious for doing what you are doing with the hot takes and an intentional widening of the POE (which is something I am always cautious of when wolves are few).

Lastly I'll add that I can see that you are just latching on to the elements of the suspicion that are meta. This makes sense because you DO hate being scum read for meta reasons and it allows you to argue with me sincerely as opposed to having to fabricate real reasons to explain otherwise scummy behaviour.

Rather than being caught in a lie you're instead just telling the truth.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

There's your shining beacon of cilvianhood, Jay.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

That whole "well we have to lynch X" mentality is definitely prevalent at MU, and I'm glad it's not prevalent here. No offense to those folks; they're excellent players over there. But that's a cultural norm that definitely doesn't need to exist.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:16 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:13 pm

You're never getting lynched for saying "fair enough", so I really have no problem doing that.
This is exactly why you should have a problem doing that.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:19 pm Outside of you doing interaction analysis's you have been live posting and reacting to people which requires nothing but time and both of these things come extremely naturally to any version of you, so spare me that you deserve any specific town credit for what you've done.
This is the shit I am so tired of seeing. I don't give a fuck about credit. How is that now clear by now? Jesus Christ. I am incredulous about someone saying I haven't done my work when I have done my work. Whether I get "credit" for that work is meaningless. I am not remotely trusted in this thread, and I am well aware that a bunch of wall posts are not going to change that.
MacDougall wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:19 pmThe results of all of your effort are what render them suspect, not the having or not having done them. You usually get results, you've got none here and are left in hot takes mode. Not always successful results, but your analysis usually results in a strategy that you then engage tactics to work through. That is the route of my issue. That is what is missing.
I derived a clear POE with a clear top suspect. I derived multiple clear town reads. That's better than I usually feel emerging from that effort.
MacDougall wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:19 pmI'll add that I would find anyone suspicious for doing what you are doing with the hot takes and an intentional widening of the POE (which is something I am always cautious of when wolves are few).
Okay, I did not "widen the POE". I feel like I am talking to someone that hasn't read my posts. I'm sorry, but this is not worth engagement.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:20 pm This is exactly why you should have a problem doing that.
Okay Mac. I told you what I had in mind. If you don't buy it that's the way it is.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

After all that, what is your opinion of Mac, JJJ?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:26 pm After all that, what is your opinion of Mac, JJJ?
Civilian. A back-and-forth shit-toss over nothing is on-brand in the Mac/JJJ dynamic, and I still favor my interactive analysis.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:28 pm
Epignosis wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:26 pm After all that, what is your opinion of Mac, JJJ?
Civilian. A back-and-forth shit-toss over nothing is on-brand in the Mac/JJJ dynamic, and I still favor my interactive analysis.
Good. I agree.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:29 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:28 pm
Good. I agree.
Does this imply then that nutella is bad?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Return to “Previous Heists”