Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 58
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Re: Arrowverse Mafia - Day 0

Post by juliets »

nutella wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 3:05 am
Sloonei wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 2:51 am
nutella wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 2:45 am I don't feign nonchalance my dude, that doesn't even sound possible. I'm just chill
Aight. Let's assume both of us are town for a while. I can do that. I want to do that. A game where nutella is town is infinitely preferable to one where she's not.

You've talked a lot about Matahari but I'm still not sure I'm on board with them (her?) as a primary suspect. Can you explain why I should give priority to that case?
A lot of it is my own gut reaction to the way that she is posting so I can't necessarily convey all of why I am giving it so much weight, but in general she has stayed out of most discussions/been avoidant and only showed her face when her name was brought up. To be fair she is participating a bit more now and she explained more about her approach to analyzing the thread and implied she would have some content/takes on people soonish so I will keep on the lookout for that and see if my feelings on her change.
nutella, wasn't she the same way in Steeley Dan? Quiet at the beginning, waiting to surface reads. Even when she gained info on Elo and dunya she was not full-out "these two are mafia". I'm not ready to give her a civ read but her behavior strikes me as normal for her for this point in the game.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Dragomir
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 208

Post by Dragomir »

Sloonei wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 3:58 am @Dragomir I urge you to read my posts as if I am town. It seems to me right now that you're looking at me through a very paranoid lens. I do not blame you based on what happened last game. But not every supervocal player in every game is scum.

I posted my nutella thoughts to generate discussion on them. I never make an ISO like that with the idea that I am having the final word. I make posts like that so that they can exist in the thread, to see if people agree or disagree, and to see what it does for the conversation. It's backwards to think that I'm making a post like that on Day 0 because I am scum trying to manipulate the thread into suspecting nutella.
My sus against you doesn't really have to do much with what happened last game. Sure, I town read a scum(Jay) but that was just based on what he was producing not the vocality of his play(it did have an effect, but the produce is the bigger reason here). What you're producing here and what he did are very different imo. I don't like how you're trying to discredit my points against you as paranoia from a last game.

Even so with that, your points at least make sense and at least support the scum read that you had on her no? There's nothing wrong in you trying to manipulate town into suspecting someone else if it's D0.Scum would want to become deepwolf and generate mislynches soit doesn't make sense for them to waste an opportunity to get some early town cred and also make ppl sus another person for them to go at in D1.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Regarding the whole GTH battle, I've never liked the exercise early in the game because I have so many people I haven't made a read on and forcing them into a a box of "good" or "bad" is artificial for me. I might as well flip a coin. Later in the game I'm not as adverse to it because I've usually been able to ISO some people and have a better idea of where I stand. I can't say I've noticed that the exercise helps us focus in the right direction but maybe that's just because I don't remember the details of a lot of games.

Regarding Sloonei, I need to read through his ISO. It seems like he's starting to tunnel nutella but maybe I'm overreacting and there are not as many posts about her as I perceive. In Always Sunny he tunneled me hard at the beginning and he was civ (so was I). I can't remember a bad Sloonei to compare him to so I'll go looking for that as well.

I'm not reading nutella as bad at this point. For example, I regarded her comment about sprityo as just her normal flippant self as opposed to a mafia behavior. Note that I am not giving her civ credit, that would be foolish given how good she is, I'm just saying I haven't read anything that makes me say "oh right she's scum". I'll give Sloonei's post a closer read and ISO her but that's my thought for the moment.

So for the time being I'm going into ISO's to gain clarity on people. I'll be in and out today.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

Sloonei wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 4:07 am
Dragomir wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 3:55 am
Sloonei wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 3:50 am "Not inspired suspicions" means that those weren't the two players that I'd expect someone to choose as their top suspects if they had their finger on the pulse of the thread. There was a lot of activity, but nutella's top suspects were somebody with 3 short posts and a guy who was talking about mechanics.

My accusation in the first section, which you say makes no sense, is that nutella was trying to come across as both casual and skeptical of me at the same time. Her post didn't really mesh to me at first glance.
So are you finding the originality in her posts bad or good?

Ok, now tell me the motive for why Nutella would try to come across as that assuming she was scum. Second, how in Jesus did she do that? "Trying to come across as both casual and skeptical", that doesn't make sense? I guess I can see the skeptical part but not really the casual part nor how both of them mean anything. This just sounds like another one of your super trivial reasons against her.
Originality has nothing to do with it. I do not know what you are asking with regards to her motive. But to better explain what I'm talking about, I'll break down her post:
nutella wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 12:01 am
What is your read on the player called Sloonei so far?
The usual :meany: General town read while keeping the roll of foil within reach if needed.
[/quote]
The blue section is what I'm describing as "casual". She playfully says that her read on me is "the usual" with an emoji, and then emphasizes that "the usual" is a loose town read with reservations. The reservations, in orange are the "skeptical" part. Pretty self-explanatory, I think. She says that she's maintaining... well, skepticism on me.

Given my status as a Big Loud Thread Presence, I would think that a mafia member would not want to be on my bad side. nutella is a clever baddie, though, and knows that I expect her to be a little suspicious of me. I am wary of her using a light touch to give me a town read but not trip any alarms in doing so.
[/quote]
I find the motive in posts to be important. If you can't find a reason for why scum would do the thing you're calling a player out for, then, the suspicion makes no sense.

Ok, so how do these two things, casualness, and skepticism add up to make Nutella suspicious?

So you think Nutella might be pocketing you?
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Sloonei wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 1:38 am I said I was gonna hold off on my full nutella suspicion until Day 1 is officially underway, but I'm bored and impatient, so here goes.

Mind you, when I say that I have a suspicion this early in the game, I am in no way suggesting that I'm married to this read. This is just me floating some initial concerns I have about a player. I'm making this disclaimer here because there are a number of folks who've never played with me before in this game and I'm already feeling that my approach is causing some confusion and making people misread my intentions.

Onto the actual substance: When I consider nutella as a suspect, two trends stand out to me so far in this game. 1) low-hanging fruit, and 2) downplaying of suspicion/pressure. I've picked out a few examples from her ISO (sorry Lux):
nutella wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 12:01 am
Sloonei wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 11:57 pm
nutella wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 11:55 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 11:52 pm
I have substantiated a gripe that I have with a Speedchuck post on Day 0. It exists to bolster the conversation in the thread.

Speedchuck gave an indecisive wave of the hand. I'd like him to tell us what it means, and I'd like other people to comment on it.

Why does your response exist?
I don't feel strongly about it either way. It's something I can easily imagine myself saying as well, as a general impulse to sort out what I'm thinking about people who have been active in the thread so far.
What is your read on the player called Sloonei so far?
The usual :meany: General town read while keeping the roll of foil within reach if needed.
The player called Sloonei is grilling nutella a little bit. Nothing serious, but the directness of the final question in this exchange suggests attentiveness on his part. nutella gives it a casual sidestep, leaning (it would seem) more toward the "General town read", but with enough resistance in the "roll of foil" comment to avoid rolling over completely. I would file this under "downplaying pressure".
Sloonei, I'm not following your beef with nutella's post here. My interpretation of her response is "I have a general town read but I could see myself tin- foiling about him at some point, as people sometimes do with their town reads". It sounds like a genuine answer to me. And where does the "downplaying pressure" come from? I don't understand what you mean by that category.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 815
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Creature wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 9:07 am
nutella wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:45 pm
Creature wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:44 pm
Matahari wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:43 pm
Creature wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:29 pm
Matahari wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:27 pm
MafiaMenace wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 3:09 pm

MM, what was the point of this post? Were you answering someone, because I couldn’t find anything that indicated that.

Crap ton of linki
Okay, I can see the Matahari scumread earlier.
What scumread?
Epignosis earlier came with "I suspect Matahari" when nobody else even seemed to notice you posting at all.
Nobody noticed it because it didn't exist. She never posted until Epi said that. Epi was throwing out a name for shits and giggles and only then did Mata decide to post anything.
Oh, that makes me feel better about Epi.
Why?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

[mention]Sloonei[/mention] I apologize, I just found your explanation to nutella about the above post in your ISO so just ignore my previous post.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 351

Post by MacDougall »

Epignosis wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 10:25 pm
MacDougall wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 3:59 pm GTH is the perfect game for a supertown deepwolf type to call for. It makes them look busy and shows them where the juicy mislynches are.

What would be the more civilian thing to do is read the thread and find who is bad and burn them alive for it.
Yet you're not doing that civilian thing.

Instead you're shitting on my effort at finding civilians and shitting on Sloonei's effort to coordinate something.

When you've finished cleaning yourself up and washing your hands, I'd like to see some serious civilian play from you.
What a load of shit. You aren't even trying. Get in the bin.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

juliets wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 10:25 am Regarding the whole GTH battle, I've never liked the exercise early in the game because I have so many people I haven't made a read on and forcing them into a a box of "good" or "bad" is artificial for me. I might as well flip a coin. Later in the game I'm not as adverse to it because I've usually been able to ISO some people and have a better idea of where I stand. I can't say I've noticed that the exercise helps us focus in the right direction but maybe that's just because I don't remember the details of a lot of games.

Regarding Sloonei, I need to read through his ISO. It seems like he's starting to tunnel nutella but maybe I'm overreacting and there are not as many posts about her as I perceive. In Always Sunny he tunneled me hard at the beginning and he was civ (so was I). I can't remember a bad Sloonei to compare him to so I'll go looking for that as well.

I'm not reading nutella as bad at this point. For example, I regarded her comment about sprityo as just her normal flippant self as opposed to a mafia behavior. Note that I am not giving her civ credit, that would be foolish given how good she is, I'm just saying I haven't read anything that makes me say "oh right she's scum". I'll give Sloonei's post a closer read and ISO her but that's my thought for the moment.

So for the time being I'm going into ISO's to gain clarity on people. I'll be in and out today.
I am definitely not tunneling nutella. I raised a fee points against her and was asked to explain them, so it looks like I’m going on about her for a long time, but it’s not because I’m pleading with people to agree with me or anything.

When I left last night I was actually leaning town on nutella. But that doesn’t mean my concerns have disappeared.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Epignosis wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 10:28 pm
MacDougall wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:11 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:05 pm
MacDougall wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:04 pm Nope. I am not down. Sharing baseless and contextless thoughts right now has minor benefit for a possibility of suppressing good conversation. The Mafia don't even have anything to dodge here. They can say whatever because on day 0 and GTH nobody will hold them to account later. If you want to know who people suspect just read the thread.

It sounds to me like you are struggling to fake scum hunt.
A reminder:
Weren't you mafia last time you used this defence against me? Why'd you leave out the times I tinfoiled you when you were bad?
Mac plays the broken clock.

He does it with me too, except he's a really broken clock because his hands have fallen off and he's never ever right.
I was going to say before that I just realised you now suck at Mafia but I stopped myself because it was mean but then you said this so whatever. You actually suck at Mafia. Like legit.
Ultra
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 201

Post by Ultra »

Epignosis wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 12:33 am Learn to spot mafia without info roles. You will be better for it.
Epignosis wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 12:36 am Here is what I envision:

No mechanics talk Day 1. Day 0 had that.

People post their opinion about every single person in the thread. If you have no opinion, make one up.

Nobody tells others how to use their powers at Night. That's secret civilian business shhhhhhhhhhhhh.
Epi keeps trying to shut down mechanics discussion under the guise of wanting to play a more pure or skilled game or something

But we're also in a role madness game so like, lol

Since I am irrefutably town here's my perspective on this - although I can appreciate more a game that involves skill and scum hunting rather than an over reliance on ability usage, my take from the set up is that town is at quite a disadvantage and we need to take everything we can get. I feel like that perspective is not as easily shared if you're non-town, so this is pinging me.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Epignosis wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 12:33 am Learn to spot mafia without info roles. You will be better for it.
:haha:

Rich
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

[mention]Dragomir[/mention] nutella’s motivation for that post would be to try to look town. I don’t accuse her of having some nefarious plan in mind there. I accuse her of having a potentially phony tone.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Dragomir wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 1:45 am I like that iso by Sloo.
You're Mafia
Ultra
Stool Pigeon

Post by Ultra »

Epignosis wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 12:50 am I'm trying to tell you all:

Get ready for an experience. The Syndicate makes you a hard ass Mafia player who doesn't require "info" to win.

We're the real deal.
Again I feel like he's stigmatizing mechanics discussion as "scrub-like" to dissuade it, when it could already be said this set up requires less true skill than a "normal" open (one with VT's and limited PR's)

Plus its like, most of us here are already experienced players :shrug:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Ultra wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 11:43 am
Epignosis wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 12:36 am Here is what I envision:

No mechanics talk Day 1. Day 0 had that.

People post their opinion about every single person in the thread. If you have no opinion, make one up.

Nobody tells others how to use their powers at Night. That's secret civilian business shhhhhhhhhhhhh.
Epi keeps trying to shut down mechanics discussion under the guise of wanting to play a more pure or skilled game or something

But we're also in a role madness game so like, lol

Since I am irrefutably town here's my perspective on this - although I can appreciate more a game that involves skill and scum hunting rather than an over reliance on ability usage, my take from the set up is that town is at quite a disadvantage and we need to take everything we can get. I feel like that perspective is not as easily shared if you're non-town, so this is pinging me.
To add some additional perspective: this setup is not the least bit unusual for old school Syndicate members. Epi’s school is the oldest. We are not burdened by the same urgency you or others might feel about the No Claiming rules. It’s just business as usual.

That said, the last time I caught Epi as scum (Vanilla Mafia), it was because he was habitually shooting down everything people were saying in the thread.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MacDougall wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 11:46 am
You're Mafia
I don’t think so. Dragomir’s skepticism of me in our dialogue last night was oozing with sincerity. He really just didn’t know what the hell I was talking about. I never got the sense he was trying to manipulate a case against me.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Dragomir wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 3:50 am
nutella wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 2:08 am ok, responding to sloonei's post in order

1) not sure what you mean about "downplaying pressure" in the first point. that's just how I felt about you at the time, don't overthink it
2) what? of all the posts in my iso to pick out, you pick a one-off acknowledgment of sprityo that didn't really mean anything. I'm not sure how you got the idea I was implying I suspected him or something, it was just a joke. Like yeah it was a little rib at the fact he hadn't produced much content yet but I think you're overthinking again.
3) I don't think they're lhf. I can see why you'd feel that way about MM, which was my weakest of those suspicions, but mata wasn't really. That was an original read and you better believe it. She's not "in the same category as sprityo" at all wtf that's absolute bull.
4) And how do you expect me to react to suspicion?
5) llama thing is dumb. I'm not scum and you can cross those buns and take them to the bakery.
6) I don't feel like I'm exaggerating your suspicion, that's how it feels to me. and sure I was townreading you until some others, mostly mac, put some pressure on you that I liked the sound of and I didn't AT ALL like how you reacted to that pressure. is there something wrong with my reads evolving due to developing thread content? you are pulling this out of your ass and you know it
Yeah, I like this response very much. His entire iso was full tryhard.
You literally said you liked it.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 11:50 am
You're Mafia
I don’t think so. Dragomir’s skepticism of me in our dialogue last night was oozing with sincerity. He really just didn’t know what the hell I was talking about. I never got the sense he was trying to manipulate a case against me.
Oozing with sincerity. Jesus. Get me a stiff drink.

He is Mafia. You are also Mafia. You are on different teams.
Ultra
Stool Pigeon

Post by Ultra »

Drago gets a light town read for now.
You're Mafia
I feel like that's a town tell if anything because Drago could have just as easily kept pushing him with the way he entered the thread. I also have to admit Sloo kind of wavers with his presence itt but that might be because he's skillful.
Ultra
Stool Pigeon

Post by Ultra »

MacDougall wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 11:51 am
Sloonei wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 11:50 am
You're Mafia
Oozing with sincerity. Jesus. Get me a stiff drink.

He is Mafia. You are also Mafia. You are on different teams.
^^ Found the SK
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MacDougall wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 11:50 am
nutella wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 2:08 am ok, responding to sloonei's post in order

1) not sure what you mean about "downplaying pressure" in the first point. that's just how I felt about you at the time, don't overthink it
2) what? of all the posts in my iso to pick out, you pick a one-off acknowledgment of sprityo that didn't really mean anything. I'm not sure how you got the idea I was implying I suspected him or something, it was just a joke. Like yeah it was a little rib at the fact he hadn't produced much content yet but I think you're overthinking again.
3) I don't think they're lhf. I can see why you'd feel that way about MM, which was my weakest of those suspicions, but mata wasn't really. That was an original read and you better believe it. She's not "in the same category as sprityo" at all wtf that's absolute bull.
5) llama thing is dumb. I'm not scum and you can cross those buns and take them to the bakery.
6) I don't feel like I'm exaggerating your suspicion, that's how it feels to me. and sure I was townreading you until some others, mostly mac, put some pressure on you that I liked the sound of and I didn't AT ALL like how you reacted to that pressure. is there something wrong with my reads evolving due to developing thread content? you are pulling this out of your ass and you know it
Sometimes people change theirs minds about stuff, champ.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Ultra
Stool Pigeon

Post by Ultra »

That's a 65% serious post btw

I mean, just look at that
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Dragomir: I like that iso by Sloonei
Also Dragomir: Yeah I don't like that iso by Sloonei

Don't overthink it people.

I am going to bed. I was on my feet for 11 hours handing out voting guides only for our neoliberal semi rural climate change denying fascist government to get returned to power with a swing to them then went to a gig.

So I want the world to end basically. Bring on death.

Linki: Sloonei don't patronise me dickhead
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Sloonei wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 11:41 am
juliets wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 10:25 am Regarding the whole GTH battle, I've never liked the exercise early in the game because I have so many people I haven't made a read on and forcing them into a a box of "good" or "bad" is artificial for me. I might as well flip a coin. Later in the game I'm not as adverse to it because I've usually been able to ISO some people and have a better idea of where I stand. I can't say I've noticed that the exercise helps us focus in the right direction but maybe that's just because I don't remember the details of a lot of games.

I am definitely not tunneling nutella. I raised a fee points against her and was asked to explain them, so it looks like I’m going on about her for a long time, but it’s not because I’m pleading with people to agree with me or anything.

When I left last night I was actually leaning town on nutella. But that doesn’t mean my concerns have disappeared.
Yeah Sloonei I just finished reading through all your posts and though it was my perception going in that you were tunneling her, it is not my perception coming out. I can't say I agree with all your points about her though, but then again you did not seem to be saying she is without a doubt mafia.

One other thing I wanted to say after reading your ISO, someone (was it Dragomir) indicated that your questions to Ultra weren't civ behavior. I see a lot of us who play here ask a lot of questions and to my way of thinking it's the best way to try to get some understanding of another person's thinking particularly if they are new. So I disagree with that reason for reading you as not civ.

Ok I need to read some others.

linki

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Ultra wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 11:55 am That's a 65% serious post btw

I do not see the basis for that specific accusation.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

speedchuck wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 9:08 am
Sloonei wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 4:10 am
Dragomir wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 3:57 am
Sloonei wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 3:53 am

What does this even mean?
You were trying to impress by going full analysis and surface level in-depth reasoning.
I don't need to try to be impressive. :noble:
Exactly. It's why we are unimpressed with your trying. :srsnod:
This doesn't make any sense but I like it.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MacDougall wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 11:56 am Dragomir: I like that iso by Sloonei

I am going to bed. I was on my feet for 11 hours handing out voting guides only for our neoliberal semi rural climate change denying fascist government to get returned to power with a swing to them then went to a gig.

If I can’t patronize you then who can I patronize!?

Thanks for trying to save the world. Bring down the government.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

Did you completely miss my entire where I grilled Sloonei's iso and changed my mind?
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

Did you completely miss my entire where I grilled Sloonei's iso and changed my mind?
Ultra
Stool Pigeon

Post by Ultra »

Sloonei wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 11:59 am

Mac's characteristic lack of restraint in accusing everyone as scum fits with the perspective of an Indi, since he could be on the mark but can afford collateral damage. SK's aggressively hunting early is somewhat of a tell in normal set ups, and I think that would be moreso the case here.

But in addition the "You're mafia, he's mafia", comes off as a mindset slip. Because he's not mafia.
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

MacDougall wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 11:56 am Dragomir: I like that iso by Sloonei

It's like opinions can't change.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Ultra wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 12:02 pm

Mac's characteristic lack of restraint in accusing everyone as scum fits with the perspective of an Indi, since he could be on the mark but can afford collateral damage. SK's aggressively hunting early is somewhat of a tell in normal set ups, and I think that would be moreso the case here.

But in addition the "You're mafia, he's mafia", comes off as a mindset slip. Because he's not mafia.
I once again do not want to dismiss your read off hand, but I feel the need to add context: this is all standard Mac behavior. If I was going to accuse him of anything, it’s that he’s following his usual meta too closely.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

Sloonei wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 11:44 am @Dragomir nutella’s motivation for that post would be to try to look town. I don’t accuse her of having some nefarious plan in mind there. I accuse her of having a potentially phony tone.
Eh, you really have to stretch it out to say that'd be her motivation.

Why would she have a phony tone though?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Dragomir wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 12:05 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 11:44 am @Dragomir nutella’s motivation for that post would be to try to look town. I don’t accuse her of having some nefarious plan in mind there. I accuse her of having a potentially phony tone.

Because she’s mafia? There is no motivation here. The accusation here is that her tone could have been false. That’s not something she would consciously plot out, it’s just something that would slip into her posts by accident.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Ultra
Stool Pigeon

Post by Ultra »

Sloonei wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 12:04 pm

I once again do not want to dismiss your read off hand, but I feel the need to add context: this is all standard Mac behavior. If I was going to accuse him of anything, it’s that he’s following his usual meta too closely.
I'll keep this in mind but I also put very little stake in someone else's meta knowledge on another player

Because 90% of the time with meta, players are making blanket observations anyway and not catching potential anomalies, and characterizing average play. So if there was a slip it wouldn't make a difference.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Ultra wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 12:10 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 12:04 pm

I'll keep this in mind but I also put very little stake in someone else's meta knowledge on another player

Because 90% of the time with meta, players are making blanket observations anyway and not catching potential anomalies, and characterizing average play. So if there was a slip it wouldn't make a difference.
Agreed. But I think it’s still important to bear these things in mind.

Keep doing yo thang. Tell me what you think of Dragomir and Matahari, if you’re able.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

Sloonei wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 12:08 pm

Because she’s mafia? There is no motivation here. The accusation here is that her tone could have been false. That’s not something she would consciously plot out, it’s just something that would slip into her posts by accident.
Don't really buy it but ok.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Dragomir wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 12:30 pm

What part do you not buy? I don’t need you to agree with my case, but it seems like you’re disagreeing with it by virtue of flat out misunderstanding, and I compulsively need to bridge that gap.

Sometimes mafia make mistakes. Sometimes they are not authentic. I try to catch them being not authentic. That is what I accused nutella of.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

But at the same time I’ve heard enough from you about me and nutella, [mention]Dragomir[/mention]. Talk to me about other players. Who else is on your radar that no one is talking about?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 117

Post by DrWilgy »

Goodnight qtpies.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

Sloonei wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 12:33 pm

What part do you not buy? I don’t need you to agree with my case, but it seems like you’re disagreeing with it by virtue of flat out misunderstanding, and I compulsively need to bridge that gap.

Sometimes mafia make mistakes. Sometimes they are not authentic. I try to catch them being not authentic. That is what I accused nutella of.
Don't buy her subconsciously slipping like that. Sounds like a stretch.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Dragomir wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 12:40 pm

:huh: then you're gonna have a tough time finding mafia in this setup.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

Sloonei wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 12:34 pm But at the same time I’ve heard enough from you about me and nutella, @Dragomir. Talk to me about other players. Who else is on your radar that no one is talking about?
Don't really have any other suspects atm. Iffy on Mac though, it's like he's purposefully ignoring my post where I grilled your iso and blatantly changed my mind on my feelings towards said iso. He's trying to make it seem like I had a random change of my mind with no shown thought process as to why said change happen and saying that I'm scum for it. He's trying to call out an inconsistent logic and content within my posts that really isn't there.

Also, he's trying to reveal me as another mafia based on how I interacted with you but then doesn't expand on how I'm mafia based on what I said about you.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Dragomir wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 12:48 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 12:34 pm But at the same time I’ve heard enough from you about me and nutella, Dragomir. Talk to me about other players. Who else is on your radar that no one is talking about?
Don't really have any other suspects atm. Iffy on Mac though, it's like he's purposefully ignoring my post where I grilled your iso and blatantly changed my mind on my feelings towards said iso. He's trying to make it seem like I had a random change of my mind with no shown thought process as to why said change happen and saying that I'm scum for it. He's trying to call out an inconsistent logic and content within my posts that really isn't there.

Also, he's trying to reveal me as another mafia based on how I interacted with you but then doesn't expand on how I'm mafia based on what I said about you.
Mac has accused us of being mafia on different teams. Does that change anything about the way you perceive him?

Who are some town reads that you've identified so far?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

Sloonei wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 12:50 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 12:34 pm But at the same time I’ve heard enough from you about me and nutella, Dragomir. Talk to me about other players. Who else is on your radar that no one is talking about?

Mac has accused us of being mafia on different teams. Does that change anything about the way you perceive him?

No.

Luxy, Nutella, Ultra. S'about it really.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Dragomir wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 12:53 pm

No.

Why, why, and why?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

Sloonei wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 12:56 pm
Dragomir wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 12:53 pm

No.

Why, why, and why?
I like their posts. Just in general, especially Ultra's strategy on using Felicia.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 145
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Dragomir wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 12:40 pm

This is suspicious stuff from Dragomir. First of all, just because Sloon said that a phony tone could "slip into her posts", that's a far cry from her actually slipping in some way. It's a tone read, not a slip. Is this a cultural misunderstanding of the ways to use the word "slip"? Comes off as hamfisted deliberate misunderstanding, and, coupled with a possible TMI defense of nutella, it's suspicious.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Dragomir wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 1:16 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 12:56 pm
Dragomir wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 12:53 pm Luxy, Nutella, Ultra. S'about it really.
Why, why, and why?
I like their posts. Just in general, especially Ultra's strategy on using Felicia.
Why do you like them? Can you point to any specific posts?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”