Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 815
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: Arrowverse Mafia - Day 0

Post by Sloonei »

You guys what if I make 200 posts before Day 1 even starts? :faint:
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dragomir
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 208

Post by Dragomir »

Sloonei wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:06 pm GTH reads to me are about establishing a direction for players to move in. That is why I want to run it right now.

But this conversation has turned into a distraction. Let's get back to other things.
Why so? Are you not liking how Mac is calling you and your idea out for valid points? Sounds weird to try redirecting things instead of defending your argument(if you think it's correct) or at least admitting defeat and saying that Mac's argument sounds legit or something. This 3rd party(let me just change the topic to something else as I'm being grilled here) does not feel townie to me.
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

Sloonei wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 2:20 am
Dragomir wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 2:15 am
MacDougall wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 3:59 pm GTH is the perfect game for a supertown deepwolf type to call for. It makes them look busy and shows them where the juicy mislynches are.

What would be the more civilian thing to do is read the thread and find who is bad and burn them alive for it.
I like this post. Doesn't this rather make GTH counterproductive(or intuitive, whichever is grammatically correct)? This forum has got a lot of those supertown deepwolf types at least from my first impression.
GTH is an extremely useful exercise. We're going to do it at some point.
You didn't really prove to me how it is such a useful practice but ok.
Matahari
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 48

Post by Matahari »

Sloonei wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 2:19 am
Matahari wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 2:09 am
Sloonei wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 2:07 am
Matahari wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 2:03 am @Sloonei just to be clear, I didn’t go after MM for his post about whatever you said. He quoted a couple posts and he didn’t say anything about them. I wanted to know why he quoted them. He answered me, so that was all.
What did you think of his response?
I accepted it, wasn’t much to think about. He said someone had asked a question about Ultra, so he posted some quotes as an answer. That explained it.
Is he town or mafia?
I don’t have a clue what he is. I didn’t feel all that great about him earlier, but it’s way too soon for me to label anyone. What is your opinion of him, or do you have one yet?

Linki- I will try to work on a list tomorrow through the day, of posts and people that have caught my attention in a pingy way.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 200
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Sloonei wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 2:18 am
nutella wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 2:08 am ok, responding to sloonei's post in order

1) not sure what you mean about "downplaying pressure" in the first point. that's just how I felt about you at the time, don't overthink it
2) what? of all the posts in my iso to pick out, you pick a one-off acknowledgment of sprityo that didn't really mean anything. I'm not sure how you got the idea I was implying I suspected him or something, it was just a joke. Like yeah it was a little rib at the fact he hadn't produced much content yet but I think you're overthinking again.
3) I don't think they're lhf. I can see why you'd feel that way about MM, which was my weakest of those suspicions, but mata wasn't really. That was an original read and you better believe it. She's not "in the same category as sprityo" at all wtf that's absolute bull.
4) And how do you expect me to react to suspicion?
5) llama thing is dumb. I'm not scum and you can cross those buns and take them to the bakery.
6) I don't feel like I'm exaggerating your suspicion, that's how it feels to me. and sure I was townreading you until some others, mostly mac, put some pressure on you that I liked the sound of and I didn't AT ALL like how you reacted to that pressure. is there something wrong with my reads evolving due to developing thread content? you are pulling this out of your ass and you know it
The sprit post pinged because it didn't look like an attempt to get his attention. It looked like an attempt to establish basis for suspicion. I didn't pick it out, that's just how I felt about it.

I consider Mata to have been in the same category as sprit because there was basically nothing in either of their ISOs at the time. I had a look at Mata's posts, as you may recall, and I found some things to pick at but I did not think the 3 posts that were there could constitute somebody's strongest scum read in a game that's been this busy.

And I object to your claim that I am pulling this out of my ass or that my posts are absurd and twisting your words in any way. I don't think that is a fair assessment at all. I just explained each of my points against you. You have alleged that I am twisting your words. Where did I do that? You don't accuse me of doing it any particular instance, but you do accuse me of doing it generally.
I feel like I was pretty specific about your twists: you completely making stuff up about my attitude toward sprityo (really, it sounds like you are the one trying to set that up as a reason to suspect him later), your bizarre overreaction to the first quote (the read of you), your interpretation of my reaction to suspicion, it's all so distant from anything I have actually expressed
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Dragomir wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 2:24 am
Sloonei wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:06 pm GTH reads to me are about establishing a direction for players to move in. That is why I want to run it right now.

But this conversation has turned into a distraction. Let's get back to other things.
Why so? Are you not liking how Mac is calling you and your idea out for valid points? Sounds weird to try redirecting things instead of defending your argument(if you think it's correct) or at least admitting defeat and saying that Mac's argument sounds legit or something. This 3rd party(let me just change the topic to something else as I'm being grilled here) does not feel townie to me.
Mac's argument against doing a GTH exercise at that moment was that the thread had good momentum and the exercise would have disrupted it. We had exhausted our points and I had dropped the idea of running the exercise, so I figured we should return to the "good topics" we had going on before he came in to shoot the idea down. Not my last sentence: "Let's get back to other things." The premise of Mac's argument was that the thread had been in a good place. If that was the case, we should want to return there.

I did explain my argument. That's what the first line is doing. I wanted to change topics because this line of discussion was not going to result in anything productive. As a civilian, I don't want to spend my time arguing about things that are being construed to make me look bad. I've fallen into that trap (with Mac in particular) too many times in the past. It kills my own momentum.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Dragomir wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 2:26 am
MacDougall wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 3:59 pm GTH is the perfect game for a supertown deepwolf type to call for. It makes them look busy and shows them where the juicy mislynches are.

What would be the more civilian thing to do is read the thread and find who is bad and burn them alive for it.
I like this post. Doesn't this rather make GTH counterproductive(or intuitive, whichever is grammatically correct)? This forum has got a lot of those supertown deepwolf types at least from my first impression.
I did not know I was supposed to do that or how I would go about it.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Matahari wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 2:29 am
Sloonei wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 2:19 am
Matahari wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 2:09 am
Sloonei wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 2:07 am
Matahari wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 2:03 am @Sloonei just to be clear, I didn’t go after MM for his post about whatever you said. He quoted a couple posts and he didn’t say anything about them. I wanted to know why he quoted them. He answered me, so that was all.
What did you think of his response?
I accepted it, wasn’t much to think about. He said someone had asked a question about Ultra, so he posted some quotes as an answer. That explained it.
Is he town or mafia?
I don’t have a clue what he is. I didn’t feel all that great about him earlier, but it’s way too soon for me to label anyone. What is your opinion of him, or do you have one yet?

Linki- I will try to work on a list tomorrow through the day, of posts and people that have caught my attention in a pingy way.
I'd lean town on him if I had to choose. I remember him struggling to adjust to the Day 1 style around here in our previous game together, but I feel like I've seen some progress on that front in this game. He's engaging with issues and players, I think, though I can't say I've spent a lot of time going over his posts.

Why did you not feel great about him earlier?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

Sloonei wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 2:34 am

You were trying to tell me it was a good thing, so you kinda had to like prove it.
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

Sloonei wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 2:33 am
Dragomir wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 2:24 am

Mac's argument against doing a GTH exercise at that moment was that the thread had good momentum and the exercise would have disrupted it. We had exhausted our points and I had dropped the idea of running the exercise, so I figured we should return to the "good topics" we had going on before he came in to shoot the idea down. Not my last sentence: "Let's get back to other things." The premise of Mac's argument was that the thread had been in a good place. If that was the case, we should want to return there.

I did explain my argument. That's what the first line is doing. I wanted to change topics because this line of discussion was not going to result in anything productive. As a civilian, I don't want to spend my time arguing about things that are being construed to make me look bad. I've fallen into that trap (with Mac in particular) too many times in the past. It kills my own momentum.
Hmm, aight then.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 2:29 am I feel like I was pretty specific about your twists: you completely making stuff up about my attitude toward sprityo (really, it sounds like you are the one trying to set that up as a reason to suspect him later), your bizarre overreaction to the first quote (the read of you), your interpretation of my reaction to suspicion, it's all so distant from anything I have actually expressed
RE: sprit, that is how I received your post. I do not allege that you absolutely were shading him. I'm suggesting that I see it as a possibility and that it could be the case. Maybe that does require some twisting of your intentions. But if I look at your post, the possibility for that read exists.

I assume "the first quote" refers to this post. Again, I can read that as scum nutella not wanting to appear too concerned with the read of town sloonei, while also assuring him that he's not under any suspicion himself. I am wary of you trying to pocket me. I wonder why that could be... :ponder:

My response to your reaction to suspicion is essentially the same point as above. I can see it as you trying to act like the suspicions aren't really a concern to you, like a feigned nonchalance about it. See: the above link, your reactions to Jack & me, etc.

Again, all of this is speculative. I readily acknowledge that there are other ways to see your posts. But when I look at nutella through scum-colored glasses, these points line up and make some sense to me.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

I'm with drago on the gth thing. you keep insisting GTH is great and useful and we gotta do it but you have no idea how to defend the notion that it's useful? Man in the game you just hosted scum!mac initiated a GTH that very nearly got everyone to vote for (town)RDW bc for some reason the GTH results were some sacred infallible way to catch scum. Spoiler alert: they're not.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

[mention]Sloonei[/mention] I don’t even remember, because there have been so many posts to keep up with. If someone posts something that feels ‘off’, I keep reading. That way I can see who responds to them, and whether any of the responses make me feel like ‘oh, ok. That makes sense’ or ‘ok, possible teammate’. I keep scribble notes, then at some point, I get my notes in order, and try to make some deductions. That is what I’m going to try to work on tomorrow afternoon, go back and reread a few people. I think Creature said something off as well, but I can’t remember specifics yet.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

I don't feign nonchalance my dude, that doesn't even sound possible. I'm just chill
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Tfw becoming more confident as a player is actually a detriment lol
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Dragomir wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 2:39 am
Sloonei wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 2:34 am

You were trying to tell me it was a good thing, so you kinda had to like prove it.
Running the exercise would be my case for its importance.

The main thing it does for me is that it forces players to pick a direction. I wanted to run the exercise when I brought it up earlier because we had a lot of people in the thread who were saying a lot of good things, but it didn't seem to me like we were really moving in any direction. A quick GTH exercise would have forced everyone to ask themselves how they feel about each other, and we could then move forward from there. I'm not usually as interested in the table and analysis of reads that we get from the exercise (which is how the scum team used it in the Scrimmage). I see it more as a means of focusing attention on crucial details.

I disagree with mac's point that it would have killed the momentum in the thread, because our GTH reads would have been informed more than anything else by the present moment. I felt it would have supplemented the momentum more than anything else. But no one was really enthusiastic about it, so we didn't do it.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 2:43 am I'm with drago on the gth thing. you keep insisting GTH is great and useful and we gotta do it but you have no idea how to defend the notion that it's useful? Man in the game you just hosted scum!mac initiated a GTH that very nearly got everyone to vote for (town)RDW bc for some reason the GTH results were some sacred infallible way to catch scum. Spoiler alert: they're not.
Hey read the post I just wrote.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 2:45 am I don't feign nonchalance my dude, that doesn't even sound possible. I'm just chill
Aight. Let's assume both of us are town for a while. I can do that. I want to do that. A game where nutella is town is infinitely preferable to one where she's not.

You've talked a lot about Matahari but I'm still not sure I'm on board with them (her?) as a primary suspect. Can you explain why I should give priority to that case?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Sloonei wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 2:49 am
nutella wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 2:43 am I'm with drago on the gth thing. you keep insisting GTH is great and useful and we gotta do it but you have no idea how to defend the notion that it's useful? Man in the game you just hosted scum!mac initiated a GTH that very nearly got everyone to vote for (town)RDW bc for some reason the GTH results were some sacred infallible way to catch scum. Spoiler alert: they're not.
Hey read the post I just wrote.
I still disagree but ok.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

So like are we as a community now down on GTH reads because the mafia team used it to their advantage one time? That's poop. Utter poop.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

Sloonei wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 2:54 am So like are we as a community now down on GTH reads because the mafia team used it to their advantage one time? That's poop. Utter poop.
a GTH on day 0 seems pointless. There are players who have made 1 or 2 posts. How is anyone supposed to make a hardcore decision so early in the game?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Matahari wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 2:56 am
Sloonei wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 2:54 am So like are we as a community now down on GTH reads because the mafia team used it to their advantage one time? That's poop. Utter poop.
a GTH on day 0 seems pointless. There are players who have made 1 or 2 posts. How is anyone supposed to make a hardcore decision so early in the game?
There's usually a couple players like that later in games like that. There's no satisfying way to deal with them.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

I just don't really care about analyzing the details of a GTH exercise or using it to establish a direction for people to focus on, and I don't think it would do that. I just don't feel like I ever get anything out of it. Maybe you feel you do, but I don't, and I often end up feeling negatively about them in retrospect -- countless times I have gthed someone town and then very very soon after that they become one of my top suspects/turn out to be scum and I think "welp that gth was crap, I knew so little then and didn't even use those reads for anything!"

Idk this discussion/putting this into words is making me realize more and more that I actually feel kind of strongly about this now. I guess I grew accustomed to the gth game for a period but I have had a lingering "suspicion" toward it in the background for a while, in fact IIRC one of the earlier times it was used here, I think maybe my introduction to it, was from scum Jay in mountains and I never fully disconnected it from that, and the scrimmage game has reinforced that view of it twice over.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Nope it's not just one time. I'm not the one to actually research the stats on this, maybe Jay would at some point, or you if you care enough now, but I think I and Mac actually have a fair argument here.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 2:59 am I just don't really care about analyzing the details of a GTH exercise or using it to establish a direction for people to focus on, and I don't think it would do that. I just don't feel like I ever get anything out of it. Maybe you feel you do, but I don't, and I often end up feeling negatively about them in retrospect -- countless times I have gthed someone town and then very very soon after that they become one of my top suspects/turn out to be scum and I think "welp that gth was crap, I knew so little then and didn't even use those reads for anything!"

Idk this discussion/putting this into words is making me realize more and more that I actually feel kind of strongly about this now. I guess I grew accustomed to the gth game for a period but I have had a lingering "suspicion" toward it in the background for a while, in fact IIRC one of the earlier times it was used here, I think maybe my introduction to it, was from scum Jay in mountains and I never fully disconnected it from that, and the scrimmage game has reinforced that view of it twice over.
Fair enough. I still value it for the reasons I just highlighted above. I would even say it's valuable if your response to it is to say it was crap; you can then expand on that and figure out why it's crap and work on things from there if you're so inclined.

We are all capable of playing a mafia game that doesn't involve this mini-game.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Sloonei wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 2:51 am
nutella wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 2:45 am I don't feign nonchalance my dude, that doesn't even sound possible. I'm just chill
Aight. Let's assume both of us are town for a while. I can do that. I want to do that. A game where nutella is town is infinitely preferable to one where she's not.

You've talked a lot about Matahari but I'm still not sure I'm on board with them (her?) as a primary suspect. Can you explain why I should give priority to that case?
A lot of it is my own gut reaction to the way that she is posting so I can't necessarily convey all of why I am giving it so much weight, but in general she has stayed out of most discussions/been avoidant and only showed her face when her name was brought up. To be fair she is participating a bit more now and she explained more about her approach to analyzing the thread and implied she would have some content/takes on people soonish so I will keep on the lookout for that and see if my feelings on her change.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Sloonei wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 3:03 am I would even say it's valuable if your response to it is to say it was crap; you can then expand on that and figure out why it's crap and work on things from there if you're so inclined.
god you're like.... such an academic. :haha:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 3:05 am
Sloonei wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 2:51 am

A lot of it is my own gut reaction to the way that she is posting so I can't necessarily convey all of why I am giving it so much weight, but in general she has stayed out of most discussions/been avoidant and only showed her face when her name was brought up. To be fair she is participating a bit more now and she explained more about her approach to analyzing the thread and implied she would have some content/takes on people soonish so I will keep on the lookout for that and see if my feelings on her change.
I'll admit that Matahari's general tone has reminded me a bit of Mongoose in IASIP. She was bad there.

Matahari and Mongoose are different people though. But in both cases I see a player who's around and has enough awareness to address specific points, but hasn't really engaged with much else or shared a lot of reads.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 3:07 am
Sloonei wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 3:03 am I would even say it's valuable if your response to it is to say it was crap; you can then expand on that and figure out why it's crap and work on things from there if you're so inclined.
god you're like.... such an academic. :haha:
Every experience is a learning opportunity!
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

nutella wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 2:11 am
Dragomir wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 1:45 am I like that iso by Sloo.
why? let me know what you think of my response. almost all of his points were founded on absurd twistings of my words. I don't believe he believes what he's saying.
I first I thought he made valid statements, but thinking about it now, I was rather fooled by his in-depth analysis. Now reading back on it, half of what he said doesn't make any sense.
The player called Sloonei is grilling nutella a little bit. Nothing serious, but the directness of the final question in this exchange suggests attentiveness on his part. nutella gives it a casual sidestep, leaning (it would seem) more toward the "General town read", but with enough resistance in the "roll of foil" comment to avoid rolling over completely. I would file this under "downplaying pressure".
Like right here, not a single clue what he was trying to say here. Looks like like a bunch of words to look more in-depth with iso.
sprityo drops in and drops out. I don't object to keeping tabs on him and putting pressure on him to post more. What bothers me about this is the bluntness of nutella's response. She's being purposefully oppositional toward sprit. It looks more like she's putting a tab on future suspect than she is trying to wrangle content out of a quiet player. File this under "low-hanging fruit".
Next we go to this here. This I believe to be a super trivial reason to say that you're going after the low-hanging fruit. I mean, one would really have to stretch out your sarcasm say the bolded part. Even with that, one really can't get the line of logic there. Also, at least from what I read, you made no push or any questioning/prodding directed at Sprit, going after the low-hanging fruit doesn't really work here as a reason.
I have no direct objections to her Mac suspicion here, so I've cut it out of the post. But it exists and I don't want to seem like I'm dismissing it.
Matahari and MafiaMenace are low-hanging fruit here. Mata falls into the same category as sprit. She goes after MafiaMenace for his focus on mechanics to that point, which is something I've already commented on. These are not particularly inspired suspicions.
Only part of his post where he actually starts making sense imo. I can get how Mata falls into a low-hanging fruit category and the MafiaMenace part. But that last sentenced, the bolded I don't understand. [mention]Sloonei[/mention] what do you mean by that? So this is basically the only part of the post that I like, and it's pretty meh.

So yeah, I can grill him more but you get the point. And about your response, I'll get to that soonish.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

"Not inspired suspicions" means that those weren't the two players that I'd expect someone to choose as their top suspects if they had their finger on the pulse of the thread. There was a lot of activity, but nutella's top suspects were somebody with 3 short posts and a guy who was talking about mechanics.

My accusation in the first section, which you say makes no sense, is that nutella was trying to come across as both casual and skeptical of me at the same time. Her post didn't really mesh to me at first glance.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

nutella wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 2:08 am ok, responding to sloonei's post in order

1) not sure what you mean about "downplaying pressure" in the first point. that's just how I felt about you at the time, don't overthink it
2) what? of all the posts in my iso to pick out, you pick a one-off acknowledgment of sprityo that didn't really mean anything. I'm not sure how you got the idea I was implying I suspected him or something, it was just a joke. Like yeah it was a little rib at the fact he hadn't produced much content yet but I think you're overthinking again.
3) I don't think they're lhf. I can see why you'd feel that way about MM, which was my weakest of those suspicions, but mata wasn't really. That was an original read and you better believe it. She's not "in the same category as sprityo" at all wtf that's absolute bull.
5) llama thing is dumb. I'm not scum and you can cross those buns and take them to the bakery.
6) I don't feel like I'm exaggerating your suspicion, that's how it feels to me. and sure I was townreading you until some others, mostly mac, put some pressure on you that I liked the sound of and I didn't AT ALL like how you reacted to that pressure. is there something wrong with my reads evolving due to developing thread content? you are pulling this out of your ass and you know it
Yeah, I like this response very much. His entire iso was full tryhard.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Dragomir wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 3:50 am

What does this even mean?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

Sloonei wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 3:50 am "Not inspired suspicions" means that those weren't the two players that I'd expect someone to choose as their top suspects if they had their finger on the pulse of the thread. There was a lot of activity, but nutella's top suspects were somebody with 3 short posts and a guy who was talking about mechanics.

My accusation in the first section, which you say makes no sense, is that nutella was trying to come across as both casual and skeptical of me at the same time. Her post didn't really mesh to me at first glance.
So are you finding the originality in her posts bad or good?

Ok, now tell me the motive for why Nutella would try to come across as that assuming she was scum. Second, how in Jesus did she do that? "Trying to come across as both casual and skeptical", that doesn't make sense? I guess I can see the skeptical part but not really the casual part nor how both of them mean anything. This just sounds like another one of your super trivial reasons against her.
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

Sloonei wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 3:53 am

You were trying to impress by going full analysis and surface level in-depth reasoning.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

[mention]Dragomir[/mention] I urge you to read my posts as if I am town. It seems to me right now that you're looking at me through a very paranoid lens. I do not blame you based on what happened last game. But not every supervocal player in every game is scum.

I posted my nutella thoughts to generate discussion on them. I never make an ISO like that with the idea that I am having the final word. I make posts like that so that they can exist in the thread, to see if people agree or disagree, and to see what it does for the conversation. It's backwards to think that I'm making a post like that on Day 0 because I am scum trying to manipulate the thread into suspecting nutella.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Dragomir wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 3:55 am
Sloonei wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 3:50 am "Not inspired suspicions" means that those weren't the two players that I'd expect someone to choose as their top suspects if they had their finger on the pulse of the thread. There was a lot of activity, but nutella's top suspects were somebody with 3 short posts and a guy who was talking about mechanics.

Ok, now tell me the motive for why Nutella would try to come across as that assuming she was scum. Second, how in Jesus did she do that? "Trying to come across as both casual and skeptical", that doesn't make sense? I guess I can see the skeptical part but not really the casual part nor how both of them mean anything. This just sounds like another one of your super trivial reasons against her.
Originality has nothing to do with it. I do not know what you are asking with regards to her motive. But to better explain what I'm talking about, I'll break down her post:
nutella wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 12:01 am
What is your read on the player called Sloonei so far?
[/quote]

The usual :meany: General town read while keeping the roll of foil within reach if needed.
[/quote]
The blue section is what I'm describing as "casual". She playfully says that her read on me is "the usual" with an emoji, and then emphasizes that "the usual" is a loose town read with reservations. The reservations, in orange are the "skeptical" part. Pretty self-explanatory, I think. She says that she's maintaining... well, skepticism on me.

Given my status as a Big Loud Thread Presence, I would think that a mafia member would not want to be on my bad side. nutella is a clever baddie, though, and knows that I expect her to be a little suspicious of me. I am wary of her using a light touch to give me a town read but not trip any alarms in doing so.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

EBWOP:
Dragomir wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 3:55 am

Originality has nothing to do with it. I do not know what you are asking with regards to her motive. But to better explain what I'm talking about, I'll break down her post:
nutella wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 12:01 am
What is your read on the player called Sloonei so far?
The usual :meany: General town read while keeping the roll of foil within reach if needed.
The blue section is what I'm describing as "casual". She playfully says that her read on me is "the usual" with an emoji, and then emphasizes that "the usual" is a loose town read with reservations. The reservations, in orange are the "skeptical" part. Pretty self-explanatory, I think. She says that she's maintaining... well, skepticism on me.

Given my status as a Big Loud Thread Presence, I would think that a mafia member would not want to be on my bad side. nutella is a clever baddie, though, and knows that I expect her to be a little suspicious of me. I am wary of her using a light touch to give me a town read but not trip any alarms in doing so.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Dragomir wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 3:57 am

You were trying to impress by going full analysis and surface level in-depth reasoning.
I don't need to try to be impressive. :noble:
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief
Posts in topic: 23
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/herself/they

Post by sabie12 »

I can see both sides of the argument on gth reads. I always end up not being around when they happen so I always miss it. This early I kinda struggle to have any good reads on anyone so it's hard to decide that quickly. At the same time I also get slooneis point that it gets a conversation going and moves things in a direction. From what I've seen slooneis usual goal is to try to post a lot and get people talking in the beginning of the game.
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 58
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Sorry guys I lost power and just now regained it. I will catch up with any thoughts I have about what's been going on.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Creature
Made Man
Posts in topic: 129

Post by Creature »

Man, just woke late af
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Anyone willing to give me their point of view of recent events?
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Sloonei wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:45 pm
nutella wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:43 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:40 pm If Day 1 started right now my vote would be on nutella.
:disappoint:
Your suspicions are gravitating around people focusing too much on mechanics and I don’t see you as a driving force in the thread. You’re reacting rather than creating. It feels safe.
I liked this.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

nutella wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:45 pm
Creature wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:44 pm
Matahari wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:43 pm
Creature wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:29 pm
Matahari wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:27 pm
MafiaMenace wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 3:09 pm
Ultra wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:38 pm Question regarding the no claims rule - does that mean if you're the cop/tracker/whatever you can't state your results?
Ultra wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:49 pm Hot take

Felicity player should use her one shot on Rip Hunter to prevent Cult Shenanigans
MM, what was the point of this post? Were you answering someone, because I couldn’t find anything that indicated that.

Crap ton of linki
Okay, I can see the Matahari scumread earlier.
What scumread?
Epignosis earlier came with "I suspect Matahari" when nobody else even seemed to notice you posting at all.
Nobody noticed it because it didn't exist. She never posted until Epi said that. Epi was throwing out a name for shits and giggles and only then did Mata decide to post anything.
Oh, that makes me feel better about Epi.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Dragomir wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:46 pm Should have tagged us to at least check in. So just asking, these whole 10 pages are just D0 posts right?
You have seen nothing.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 70

Post by speedchuck »

Sloonei wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 4:10 am
Dragomir wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 3:57 am

I don't need to try to be impressive. :noble:
Exactly. It's why we are unimpressed with your trying. :srsnod:
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 5:42 pm
Creature wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 3:12 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 9:57 am This is why I prefer anticlaim to just no claiming rules.
Modkillable claims?
No, like if the scum figured out you were Ollie, they could just kill you.
That still wouldn't stop someone from claiming when in danger of being lynched.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

MafiaMenace wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 8:14 pm luxurious is scum

nutella is neutral
epi is neutral +1
ultra is neutral
creature is neutral -1

juliets is probably town

change my mind