The French Team (Host/dead/non)
62%

Total votes: 13
Dragomir
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 208

Re: Arrowverse Mafia - Day 0

Post by Dragomir »

Epignosis wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 11:04 pm Oh man, when Felicia dies, I get to say BYE FELICIA.
Ay! On me bro! I'm down for this.
Matahari
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 48

Post by Matahari »

I don’t understand why people say the cult is anti town. I pm’d the host to find out how the cult works, and I recommend everyone else do that too, if you are in doubt. It doesn’t seem to hurt the town at all. I hope Felicity goes after a killer.
Maybe someone can explain what is meant by Anti town, when the cult can win with the town.
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

Epignosis wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 11:14 pm That's two people I have the hots for.

Anybody else want to give me the hots tonight?
That's kinda gay but ok.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 815
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

[mention]Dragomir[/mention] walk me through what is suspicious about my early questioning of Ultra to you.

The plan he was proposing is certifiably against the rules. I said so as a longtime veteran of this community. Epignosis said so as a longtime veteran of this community. nutella said so as a longtime veteran of this community. DFaraday said so as our host and as a longtime veteran of this community. This point isn't even up for debate.

As for your stance on my questioning of him: you suggest that this looks more like scum trying to "feel out" their opponent to determine if they're a threat or now. How does my particular line of questioning reflect that motive and not, say, a civilian who wants to get a feel for a player they've never played with?
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 451

Post by Epignosis »

Dragomir wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 12:57 am
Epignosis wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 11:14 pm That's two people I have the hots for.

Anybody else want to give me the hots tonight?
That's kinda gay but ok.
You must be twelve.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

Sloonei wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 12:57 am @Dragomir walk me through what is suspicious about my early questioning of Ultra to you.

The plan he was proposing is certifiably against the rules. I said so as a longtime veteran of this community. Epignosis said so as a longtime veteran of this community. nutella said so as a longtime veteran of this community. DFaraday said so as our host and as a longtime veteran of this community. This point isn't even up for debate.

As for your stance on my questioning of him: you suggest that this looks more like scum trying to "feel out" their opponent to determine if they're a threat or now. How does my particular line of questioning reflect that motive and not, say, a civilian who wants to get a feel for a player they've never played with?
Ok, chill out goddamn. It's against the rules Jesus.

I don't really see the point in a civ asking such questions when they get a better answer by watching the player play the game.
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

Matahari wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 12:56 am I don’t understand why people say the cult is anti town. I pm’d the host to find out how the cult works, and I recommend everyone else do that too, if you are in doubt. It doesn’t seem to hurt the town at all. I hope Felicity goes after a killer.
Maybe someone can explain what is meant by Anti town, when the cult can win with the town.
Cult winning with town? Inconceivable.
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

nutella wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 11:26 pm
Ultra wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 10:50 pm
Epignosis wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 10:49 pm Civilians must vote to keep their heels on the throat of mafia. Any plan that recommends civilians do not vote is suspect to me.
Strawmanning my proposition. Scummy.
No. He's stating something that is more or less taken for granted on this site. What's going on here is culture clash, but it's not scummy.

Two potential problems with your plan that are more specific than just general cultural aversion:
(1) DF didn't specify this but in many games on this site players are really not supposed to miss the vote and can be admonished/modkilled/replaced for not voting because it's viewed as a "participation score" and again this is a cultural thing but even if it's not in the rules by the host, it's viewed as poor play and not pro-town because, again, we value the lynch poll as the main tool of the town faction to win the game.
(2) This isn't necessarily clear in the role description but I'd guess that Felicity's role is restricted to the night phase and would not have had a chance to get a peek by day 1. I could be wrong about this though.
Damn, @bold y'all got some weird rules. I like this place.
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

Dragomir wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 1:05 am
Matahari wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 12:56 am I don’t understand why people say the cult is anti town. I pm’d the host to find out how the cult works, and I recommend everyone else do that too, if you are in doubt. It doesn’t seem to hurt the town at all. I hope Felicity goes after a killer.
Cult winning with town? Inconceivable.
PM the host and ask. That’s what I understood from the answer he gave me.
MafiaMenace
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 62

Post by MafiaMenace »

just cus you say nigga dont make you sound cool bro
You’re going to be all right. You just stumbled over a stone in the road. It means nothing. Your goal lies far beyond this. Doesn’t it? I’m sure you’ll overcome this. You’ll walk again… soon.
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

nutella wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 11:49 pm
Epignosis wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 11:35 pm
nutella wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 11:34 pm
Epignosis wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 11:00 pm I don't suspect Ultra. Bottom line.

I suspect Matahari.
Eh?
Do you...object to me suspecting Matahari?

Or do you object to me not suspecting Ultra?
No I'm wondering why you brought up Matahari. I'm not objecting, just kind of perplexed and wanting elaboration.
Are you concerned for your scum buddy? :ponder:
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

MafiaMenace wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 1:10 am just cus you say nigga dont make you sound cool bro
I don't say nigga to sound cool lmao. Dunno even what the hell made you think that. I just felt like saying, I say it a lot in real life so why not online.
MafiaMenace
Corrupt Union Official

Post by MafiaMenace »

Dragomir wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 1:14 am
MafiaMenace wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 1:10 am just cus you say nigga dont make you sound cool bro
I don't say nigga to sound cool lmao. Dunno even what the hell made you think that. I just felt like saying, I say it a lot in real life so why not online.
yes you do and its obvoius

because you sound stiff when you say it
i doubt you use it ever

epi must be right with his assumption
You’re going to be all right. You just stumbled over a stone in the road. It means nothing. Your goal lies far beyond this. Doesn’t it? I’m sure you’ll overcome this. You’ll walk again… soon.
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

MafiaMenace wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 1:17 am

i doubt you use it ever

You really want to go bro? Cause I am really getting pissed off at the lack of truth in this entire. "I sound stiff" bro what? Get the hell out of here with that shit.

I SAY NIGGA ALL THE FUCKING TIME, SO GET OUTA HERE WITH THIS SHIT.
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

I'm actually 16 not 12 but ok.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Dragomir wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 1:04 am
Sloonei wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 12:57 am @Dragomir walk me through what is suspicious about my early questioning of Ultra to you.

I don't really see the point in a civ asking such questions when they get a better answer by watching the player play the game.
I could just sit and idly watch him play the game. Or I could get myself involved and expedite the process, get him to say the things that I am looking for him to say. I didn't get much of a chance to observe Ultra as a host in the scrimmage, and he was not town. I wanted to have a sense of who he is before we make our way deeper into this game.

You're still not explaining what you think was out of place in my questioning. You're just reiterating that you don't think I needed to do it. Why?

linki: i didn't realize this post hadn't gone through and have been working on something else for a few minutes. :rolleyes:
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

DFaraday wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 12:31 am In answer to some popular questions:

The game continues until either the civs or baddies are eliminated, or Deathstroke is LMS. The Legends can achieve their win condition without ending the game. They can win with any faction except Deathstroke. Rip can recruit any role that is not un-recruitable, including Mafia.

Also the plan players suggested earlier would effectively be asking a player to roleclaim, so it's right out.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

Bro, if you need me to take a goddamn picture of myself to prove to you that I'm black(which hopefully tells you that I say nigga all the time) cause I swear I do.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Dragomir wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 1:20 am

i doubt you use it ever

You really want to go bro? Cause I am really getting pissed off at the lack of truth in this entire. "I sound stiff" bro what? Get the hell out of here with that shit.

I do not think that this is an argument to be having in this mafia game right now.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

Sloonei wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 1:22 am
Dragomir wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 1:04 am

I could just sit and idly watch him play the game. Or I could get myself involved and expedite the process, get him to say the things that I am looking for him to say. I didn't get much of a chance to observe Ultra as a host in the scrimmage, and he was not town. I wanted to have a sense of who he is before we make our way deeper into this game.

You're still not explaining what you think was out of place in my questioning. You're just reiterating that you don't think I needed to do it. Why?

linki: i didn't realize this post hadn't gone through and have been working on something else for a few minutes. :rolleyes:
Ok.

I literally did in the post I called you out for it. I don't see why I should repeat it again when you can just go back to that. It shouldn't be that far away.
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

Sloonei wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 1:24 am
Dragomir wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 1:20 am

i doubt you use it ever

I do not think that this is an argument to be having in this mafia game right now.
It's D0, so it's alright.
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

@MafiaMenace sorry for the anger flare in that post. I just got really pissed at what you said.
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

Dragomir wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 1:27 am @MafiaMenace sorry for the anger flare in that post. I just got really pissed at what you said.
[mention]MafiaMenace[/mention]
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 4
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Hey gang,

Let's please ensure that we respect the rules and guidelines (click) of the site with regard to language that can be interpreted as derogatory or as a slur. I know that no offense has been intended; but these rules must still be followed. Thanks and have fun with the game! If anyone has any concerns, please don't hesitate to send a message to your facilitator dunya!
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Dragomir wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 1:26 am
Ok.

I literally did in the post I called you out for it. I don't see why I should repeat it again when you can just go back to that. It shouldn't be that far away.
If I'm understanding everything correctly, this is what you've said:
I really ain't liking this post Sloonei. I ain't liking a lot of your posts tbh. Your questions at Ultra are pinging me the wrong. Like scum tryna get a feel for his opponent to know if to be wary of them or not or maybe kill them. I mean if you want to know how he plays as town, just watch him play from D1 forth. His answers won't really tell me you much.
I am not asking you to repeat that. I am asking you to explain it. Why do my questions give you that specific impression?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I said I was gonna hold off on my full nutella suspicion until Day 1 is officially underway, but I'm bored and impatient, so here goes.

Mind you, when I say that I have a suspicion this early in the game, I am in no way suggesting that I'm married to this read. This is just me floating some initial concerns I have about a player. I'm making this disclaimer here because there are a number of folks who've never played with me before in this game and I'm already feeling that my approach is causing some confusion and making people misread my intentions.

Onto the actual substance: When I consider nutella as a suspect, two trends stand out to me so far in this game. 1) low-hanging fruit, and 2) downplaying of suspicion/pressure. I've picked out a few examples from her ISO (sorry Lux):
nutella wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 12:01 am
Sloonei wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 11:57 pm
nutella wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 11:55 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 11:52 pm
I have substantiated a gripe that I have with a Speedchuck post on Day 0. It exists to bolster the conversation in the thread.

Speedchuck gave an indecisive wave of the hand. I'd like him to tell us what it means, and I'd like other people to comment on it.

Why does your response exist?
I don't feel strongly about it either way. It's something I can easily imagine myself saying as well, as a general impulse to sort out what I'm thinking about people who have been active in the thread so far.
What is your read on the player called Sloonei so far?
The usual :meany: General town read while keeping the roll of foil within reach if needed.
The player called Sloonei is grilling nutella a little bit. Nothing serious, but the directness of the final question in this exchange suggests attentiveness on his part. nutella gives it a casual sidestep, leaning (it would seem) more toward the "General town read", but with enough resistance in the "roll of foil" comment to avoid rolling over completely. I would file this under "downplaying pressure".
nutella wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 2:10 pm
sprityo wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 2:06 pm hm, well yes mac. i can deduce that today is in fact, day 0

thank you, this has been my ted talk
Truly inspiring
sprityo drops in and drops out. I don't object to keeping tabs on him and putting pressure on him to post more. What bothers me about this is the bluntness of nutella's response. She's being purposefully oppositional toward sprit. It looks more like she's putting a tab on future suspect than she is trying to wrangle content out of a quiet player. File this under "low-hanging fruit".

She later names "everyone whose name starts with M" as suspects. These are her reasons:
nutella wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 3:46 pm Also he suspected Epi for giving out town reads which is something town Epi does and actually I believe Mac did the same thing in scrimmage.

Mata has checked in only to laugh off Epi's statement of suspicion of her and to provide some slank cover.

Mafmen is just focused on mechanics and I feel like there were bits of it that seemed like they could have come from a scum perspective
I have no direct objections to her Mac suspicion here, so I've cut it out of the post. But it exists and I don't want to seem like I'm dismissing it.
Matahari and MafiaMenace are low-hanging fruit here. Mata falls into the same category as sprit. She goes after MafiaMenace for his focus on mechanics to that point, which is something I've already commented on. These are not particularly inspired suspicions.

Her responses to my declaration of suspicion:
nutella wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:43 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:40 pm If Day 1 started right now my vote would be on nutella.
:disappoint:
nutella wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:48 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:45 pm
nutella wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:43 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:40 pm If Day 1 started right now my vote would be on nutella.
:disappoint:
Your suspicions are gravitating around people focusing too much on mechanics and I don’t see you as a driving force in the thread. You’re reacting rather than creating. It feels safe.
They're not. People have made me talk most about my MM suspicion but it is the weakest of the three, and the others are not mechanics-related.

I always react more than create. You know that. I still have original reads to the extent that I normally would at this stage. Your reason is empty. This is a poopybarf read.
The last bit is laying it on a little thick.
nutella wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:51 pm sloonei: *asks me who I suspect*
me: *says who I suspect and talks about it for several posts*
sloonei: *asks me who I suspect*
sloonei: *is mafia*
I am now mafia.
nutella wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 7:27 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 7:17 pm Nutella, I’m calling you out for having big eyes, big teeth, etc.
You got me, those are some of my best features :blush:
This reminds me of The Story of the Wolf and The Llama. Once upon a time the Llama would go around asking everyone if they were wolves. Of course everyone was supposed to say no, but the Llama realized that the actual Wolf had trouble saying so.
nutella wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 7:46 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 7:45 pm
nutella wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 7:44 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 7:42 pm Nutella, how do you respond to my vague accusations and intention to arrow you in the pancreas?
you haven't given me much to respond to, so as of now I just fart in your general direction. I think you're making it up for reactions but you won't catch me there
So you can be caught?
lol nah I'm the gingerbread man :ninja:
See above.
nutella wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 7:48 pm Sloonei is really overeager about his suspicion of me, he's latching onto everything I say as suspicious in whatever way he can twist it to be. I think he's scum who's really excited to be in a multiball game and taking advantage of the fact that he can still hunt to do it excessively to look town
This isn't downplaying the suspicion, this is exaggerating it so that it can be twisted into a suspicion. Which is what she's accusing me of doing.

Also nutella was town reading me until others started to suspect me. See above.

Caveat to all of this for those who don't know nutella well, and for the sake of fairness: she is a very impulsive player. It's what makes her great. She is never afraid to make quick judgments and reads. I perceive nutella's town playstyle as bouncing around from one read to the next until she finds the one that feels right. I can see that in her posts. But I also see her possibly trying too hard to brush off the pressure against her, and I see her going after unimaginative targets. These are concerning things.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

Sloonei wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 1:29 am
Ok.

I really ain't liking this post Sloonei. I ain't liking a lot of your posts tbh. Your questions at Ultra are pinging me the wrong. Like scum tryna get a feel for his opponent to know if to be wary of them or not or maybe kill them. I mean if you want to know how he plays as town, just watch him play from D1 forth. His answers won't really tell me you much.
I am not asking you to repeat that. I am asking you to explain it. Why do my questions give you that specific impression?
You kept asking how he plays as town and whatnot, so kinda just got that feel. Also, only saw a scum perspective to that mindset so it's what I thought first :stare:
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 1:28 am Hey gang,

Let's please ensure that we respect the rules and guidelines (click) of the site with regard to language that can be interpreted as derogatory or as a slur. I know that no offense has been intended; but these rules must still be followed. Thanks and have fun with the game! If anyone has any concerns, please don't hesitate to send a message to your facilitator dunya!
Sorry mate, just lost control of myself.
MafiaMenace
Corrupt Union Official

Post by MafiaMenace »

LOL
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Dragomir wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 1:39 am
Sloonei wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 1:29 am
Ok.

You kept asking how he plays as town and whatnot, so kinda just got that feel. Also, only saw a scum perspective to that mindset so it's what I thought first :stare:
I had to ask a few times to pry loose the information that I was looking for. Ultra wasn't entirely forthcoming. That's not an uncommon thing, but when it happens I like to keep chipping away to see just how close to the vest he's going to be playing. Ultra gave me the sense that they're a cagey player who knows how they want to approach the game but doesn't want to telegraph all of their moves. He was probably also feeling me out in the process.

That's what I learned from my questioning. It helped me establish my first town read of the game.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

I like that iso by Sloo.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 200
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Dragomir wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 1:13 am

I suspect Matahari.
Eh?

No I'm wondering why you brought up Matahari. I'm not objecting, just kind of perplexed and wanting elaboration.
bro.... mata is my top suspect as you will find out when you catch up i guess
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Ok I don't want to step outside the game but as a mod I see a post was reported and I don't really understand the argument but can we please refrain from using slurs in this community thank you.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

oh nvm it was addressed I'm behind sorry
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

nutella wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 1:51 am

I suspect Matahari.
Eh?

I don’t know why I’m your top suspect. Could you fill me in?
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

I suspect Matahari.
Eh?

Don't be acting like suspecting anybody means anything after the last game where Mafia(JJJ and Ultra) bussed each other D1.
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

[mention]Sloonei[/mention] just to be clear, I didn’t go after MM for his post about whatever you said. He quoted a couple posts and he didn’t say anything about them. I wanted to know why he quoted them. He answered me, so that was all.
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 86
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

Sloonei wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 2:11 pm
sprityo wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 2:06 pm hm, well yes mac. i can deduce that today is in fact, day 0

whatup? what's happening in this game? do you approve or disapprove of anything?
that's a matter of opinion
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Matahari wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 2:03 am @Sloonei just to be clear, I didn’t go after MM for his post about whatever you said. He quoted a couple posts and he didn’t say anything about them. I wanted to know why he quoted them. He answered me, so that was all.
What did you think of his response?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

sprityo wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 2:03 am
Sloonei wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 2:11 pm

whatup? what's happening in this game? do you approve or disapprove of anything?
that's a matter of opinion
what's your opinion on nutella?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

ok, responding to sloonei's post in order

1) not sure what you mean about "downplaying pressure" in the first point. that's just how I felt about you at the time, don't overthink it
2) what? of all the posts in my iso to pick out, you pick a one-off acknowledgment of sprityo that didn't really mean anything. I'm not sure how you got the idea I was implying I suspected him or something, it was just a joke. Like yeah it was a little rib at the fact he hadn't produced much content yet but I think you're overthinking again.
3) I don't think they're lhf. I can see why you'd feel that way about MM, which was my weakest of those suspicions, but mata wasn't really. That was an original read and you better believe it. She's not "in the same category as sprityo" at all wtf that's absolute bull.
4) And how do you expect me to react to suspicion?
5) llama thing is dumb. I'm not scum and you can cross those buns and take them to the bakery.
6) I don't feel like I'm exaggerating your suspicion, that's how it feels to me. and sure I was townreading you until some others, mostly mac, put some pressure on you that I liked the sound of and I didn't AT ALL like how you reacted to that pressure. is there something wrong with my reads evolving due to developing thread content? you are pulling this out of your ass and you know it
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

Sloonei wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 2:07 am
Matahari wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 2:03 am @Sloonei just to be clear, I didn’t go after MM for his post about whatever you said. He quoted a couple posts and he didn’t say anything about them. I wanted to know why he quoted them. He answered me, so that was all.
I accepted it, wasn’t much to think about. He said someone had asked a question about Ultra, so he posted some quotes as an answer. That explained it.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Dragomir wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 1:45 am I like that iso by Sloo.
why? let me know what you think of my response. almost all of his points were founded on absurd twistings of my words. I don't believe he believes what he's saying.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Matahari wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 1:57 am

I suspect Matahari.
Eh?

I don’t know why I’m your top suspect. Could you fill me in?
posts like this, actually. I explained more in a previous post, but I don't like the way you only seem to appear when someone suspects you and you ask "why why why" and you had one other post asking for clarification on something while catching up. I know you explained it's your style but your posts like this give me such strong vibes of aloofness/detachment from the thread or feigned ignorance or just like.... turning suspicions back as "why" questions without putting in any effort to contribute content that might actually be productive, like you're avoiding accountability but also avoiding doing anything else.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

MacDougall wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 3:59 pm GTH is the perfect game for a supertown deepwolf type to call for. It makes them look busy and shows them where the juicy mislynches are.

What would be the more civilian thing to do is read the thread and find who is bad and burn them alive for it.
I like this post. Doesn't this rather make GTH counterproductive(or intuitive, whichever is grammatically correct)? This forum has got a lot of those supertown deepwolf types at least from my first impression.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 2:08 am ok, responding to sloonei's post in order

1) not sure what you mean about "downplaying pressure" in the first point. that's just how I felt about you at the time, don't overthink it
2) what? of all the posts in my iso to pick out, you pick a one-off acknowledgment of sprityo that didn't really mean anything. I'm not sure how you got the idea I was implying I suspected him or something, it was just a joke. Like yeah it was a little rib at the fact he hadn't produced much content yet but I think you're overthinking again.
3) I don't think they're lhf. I can see why you'd feel that way about MM, which was my weakest of those suspicions, but mata wasn't really. That was an original read and you better believe it. She's not "in the same category as sprityo" at all wtf that's absolute bull.
4) And how do you expect me to react to suspicion?
5) llama thing is dumb. I'm not scum and you can cross those buns and take them to the bakery.
6) I don't feel like I'm exaggerating your suspicion, that's how it feels to me. and sure I was townreading you until some others, mostly mac, put some pressure on you that I liked the sound of and I didn't AT ALL like how you reacted to that pressure. is there something wrong with my reads evolving due to developing thread content? you are pulling this out of your ass and you know it
The sprit post pinged because it didn't look like an attempt to get his attention. It looked like an attempt to establish basis for suspicion. I didn't pick it out, that's just how I felt about it.

I consider Mata to have been in the same category as sprit because there was basically nothing in either of their ISOs at the time. I had a look at Mata's posts, as you may recall, and I found some things to pick at but I did not think the 3 posts that were there could constitute somebody's strongest scum read in a game that's been this busy.

And I object to your claim that I am pulling this out of my ass or that my posts are absurd and twisting your words in any way. I don't think that is a fair assessment at all. I just explained each of my points against you. You have alleged that I am twisting your words. Where did I do that? You don't accuse me of doing it any particular instance, but you do accuse me of doing it generally.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Matahari wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 2:09 am
Sloonei wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 2:07 am
I accepted it, wasn’t much to think about. He said someone had asked a question about Ultra, so he posted some quotes as an answer. That explained it.
Is he town or mafia?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

[mention]nutella[/mention] ok thank you. There is no real way for me to respond to that, except repeating. As far as contributing suspicions, I’m just not ready to make judgements on people yet. I will be, though. Just takes me a bit longer.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Dragomir wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 2:15 am
MacDougall wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 3:59 pm GTH is the perfect game for a supertown deepwolf type to call for. It makes them look busy and shows them where the juicy mislynches are.

What would be the more civilian thing to do is read the thread and find who is bad and burn them alive for it.
I like this post. Doesn't this rather make GTH counterproductive(or intuitive, whichever is grammatically correct)? This forum has got a lot of those supertown deepwolf types at least from my first impression.
GTH is an extremely useful exercise. We're going to do it at some point.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Matahari wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 2:20 am nutella ok thank you. There is no real way for me to respond to that, except repeating. As far as contributing suspicions, I’m just not ready to make judgements on people yet. I will be, though. Just takes me a bit longer.
I appreciate and respect that you would prefer not to make judgments until later. Play the game at your pace and share your reads when you have them.

But at the same time, we all need to try to read you, and we can't really do that if we don't know what's going on in your mind. Even if you're not ready to share reads yet, it would be helpful if you could continue to talk about what things are catching your attention and why.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”