Total votes: 13
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 815
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: Arrowverse Mafia - Day 0

Post by Sloonei »

MacDougall wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:24 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:20 pm Mac's read on me feels desperate and sincere. It doesn't feel like he's trying to antagonize me, it just feels like he's wary of my activity. Therefore, Town.
Desperate?
Yes. Not as in you're pleading for me to be lynched, but as in you don't want me to get away with... something.
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 351

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei giving Epi unearned town read. Epi giving Sloonei unearned town read.

Computer says no.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 58
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

MafiaMenace wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:15 pm
juliets wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:13 pm
MafiaMenace wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:11 pm
juliets wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:10 pm
MafiaMenace wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:06 pm
oh i swear to god
most people currently are unreadable because their posts are nai, so im choosing to work on a strategic standpoint

a, i already said that the legends arent the issue in the earlygame
b, how is this a point?
c, my entire mechanics argument was focused on the fucking sk, so what the fuck are you talking about
MM can you elaborate on the strategic standpoint you are working on? I'm not clear I know what you mean.

linki
looking at how to use prs
but im mostly focused on felicity
sorry, what is prs?

and hi LC!
power roles (anything but citizen)
since this is a role madness game this is probably the wrong word to use
Ok so you are focused on how the civs can deal with the non-civ power roles and how Felicity's pr fits in to that strategy? I know this seems picky but I'm just trying to understand your focus so I can better determine if your actions are civ or not.

Iinki again - don't even have time to get my thoughts straight before there's more to think about
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Matahari
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 48

Post by Matahari »

MafiaMenace wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 3:09 pm
Ultra wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:38 pm Question regarding the no claims rule - does that mean if you're the cop/tracker/whatever you can't state your results?
Ultra wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:49 pm Hot take

Felicity player should use her one shot on Rip Hunter to prevent Cult Shenanigans
MM, what was the point of this post? Were you answering someone, because I couldn’t find anything that indicated that.

Crap ton of linki
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:26 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:20 pm Mac's read on me feels desperate and sincere. It doesn't feel like he's trying to antagonize me, it just feels like he's wary of my activity. Therefore, Town.
Desperate?
Yes. Not as in you're pleading for me to be lynched, but as in you don't want me to get away with... something.
Um okay.

I find you suspicious and am following my gut. That is all.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Ultra wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:24 pm
Transparency - I might have taken issue if you said scum, depending on what you said. But I'm not trying to put you in a catch 22 situation

But I have to question your motive for calling a town's sanity into question with the tinfoiling accusation. Because if you are scum and cannot find a good angle to cast suspicion on him, that is your next best move.
Like I've said, this is a regular occurrence when Mac and I are in a game together. He always suspects me from the beginnings. I always label it tinfoiling because it seems like he just has a prolonged sense of paranoia about me in all games.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MacDougall wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:27 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:26 pm
Desperate?
Um okay.

I find you suspicious and am following my gut. That is all.
Yes, I think so too.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MacDougall wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:26 pm Sloonei giving Epi unearned town read. Epi giving Sloonei unearned town read.

Computer says no.
It is earned.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Creature
Made Man
Posts in topic: 129

Post by Creature »

Matahari wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:27 pm
Ultra wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:38 pm Question regarding the no claims rule - does that mean if you're the cop/tracker/whatever you can't state your results?

Felicity player should use her one shot on Rip Hunter to prevent Cult Shenanigans
MM, what was the point of this post? Were you answering someone, because I couldn’t find anything that indicated that.

Crap ton of linki
Okay, I can see the Matahari scumread earlier.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:25 pm
MacDougall wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:23 pm Sloonei. World Flags Mafia.
Bastard Game. :meany:

happened after IASIP too. But whatever. Doesn't change anything about the fact that you tinfoil me every game. You can keep doing it, I just want to make sure we're aware of the frequency of it.
I do not tinfoil you incorrectly in every game. I don't have a list but I assure you World Flags isn't the only time I have caught you. This is a hollow defence and had the added bonus of discrediting my hunches. All the new people are gonna think I'm a dumbass and ignore me now. I wanted them to like me Sloonanus but now they think I'm a joke and it's all cuz of you.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:29 pm
MacDougall wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:26 pm Sloonei giving Epi unearned town read. Epi giving Sloonei unearned town read.

Computer says no.
It is earned.
Haha. Okay ...

Darth Sloonei

:feb:
MafiaMenace
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 62

Post by MafiaMenace »

Crap ton of linki
somebody asked something along the lines of if their were strategic posts by ultra other than anything on the topic of the mafia
You’re going to be all right. You just stumbled over a stone in the road. It means nothing. Your goal lies far beyond this. Doesn’t it? I’m sure you’ll overcome this. You’ll walk again… soon.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Creature wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:29 pm

Crap ton of linki
How so?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
MafiaMenace
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 62

Post by MafiaMenace »

juliets wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:26 pm
MafiaMenace wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:15 pm
juliets wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:13 pm
MafiaMenace wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:11 pm
juliets wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:10 pm
MafiaMenace wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:06 pm
oh i swear to god
most people currently are unreadable because their posts are nai, so im choosing to work on a strategic standpoint

a, i already said that the legends arent the issue in the earlygame
b, how is this a point?
c, my entire mechanics argument was focused on the fucking sk, so what the fuck are you talking about
MM can you elaborate on the strategic standpoint you are working on? I'm not clear I know what you mean.

linki
looking at how to use prs
but im mostly focused on felicity
sorry, what is prs?

and hi LC!
power roles (anything but citizen)
since this is a role madness game this is probably the wrong word to use
Ok so you are focused on how the civs can deal with the non-civ power roles and how Felicity's pr fits in to that strategy? I know this seems picky but I'm just trying to understand your focus so I can better determine if your actions are civ or not.

Iinki again - don't even have time to get my thoughts straight before there's more to think about
basically
You’re going to be all right. You just stumbled over a stone in the road. It means nothing. Your goal lies far beyond this. Doesn’t it? I’m sure you’ll overcome this. You’ll walk again… soon.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

juliets wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:33 pm

Crap ton of linki
How so?
I didn't like that post ftr.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MacDougall wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:30 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:25 pm
MacDougall wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:23 pm Sloonei. World Flags Mafia.
Bastard Game. :meany:

happened after IASIP too. But whatever. Doesn't change anything about the fact that you tinfoil me every game. You can keep doing it, I just want to make sure we're aware of the frequency of it.
I do not tinfoil you incorrectly in every game. I don't have a list but I assure you World Flags isn't the only time I have caught you. This is a hollow defence and had the added bonus of discrediting my hunches. All the new people are gonna think I'm a dumbass and ignore me now. I wanted them to like me Sloonanus but now they think I'm a joke and it's all cuz of you.
You've correctly tinfoiled me in World Flags and Ancient Greece. You've incorrectly Tinfoiled me in the four games I listed in the previous post, and now you're doing it again here. My point is that you tinfoil me in every game regardless of my alignment.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 200

Post by nutella »

Ultra wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:20 pm
nutella wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:16 pm

Well yeah no I agree with you on that. Maybe this wasn't clear but I suspect him for focusing on mechanics as a reason in itself, not just because of specific things I saw as scummy. Even if I didn't have those little pings (which like you said are pretty circumstantial) I suspect him for the mechanics talk as a general trend.
This seems like potential backed-into-a-corner-word-salad of an explanation

could you elaborate on this in a clear matter
When I originally stated my reason for suspecting MM I said it was because he was focusing on mechanics and that there were parts of that discussion which specifically pinged me. Even disregarding the small specific pings, which both he and Lux dismissed as weak and I concede that they were, I still suspect him for the main reason of generally focusing on mechanics. That make sense?
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

my roommate just moved out. I can breathe.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Ultra
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 201

Post by Ultra »

nutella wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:33 pm

Well yeah no I agree with you on that. Maybe this wasn't clear but I suspect him for focusing on mechanics as a reason in itself, not just because of specific things I saw as scummy. Even if I didn't have those little pings (which like you said are pretty circumstantial) I suspect him for the mechanics talk as a general trend.

When I originally stated my reason for suspecting MM I said it was because he was focusing on mechanics and that there were parts of that discussion which specifically pinged me. Even disregarding the small specific pings, which both he and Lux dismissed as weak and I concede that they were, I still suspect him for the main reason of generally focusing on mechanics. That make sense?
Serenade me with your take on why his focus on mechanics is suspicious

and what your other small pings were
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

If Day 1 started right now my vote would be on nutella.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Creature wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:33 pm

Crap ton of linki
How so?
ok, why? It just doesn't seem AI to me so I'm curious what you are seeing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Ultra wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:38 pm

It's an easy thing to talk about that isn't developing reads on other players. It's a way for scum to look productive in the thread without actually driving the scumhunting process.

Already discussed the other pings and they were shot down. Still have a hunch though.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

Crap ton of linki
What scumread?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Sloonei wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:40 pm If Day 1 started right now my vote would be on nutella.
:disappoint:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

juliets wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:41 pm

Crap ton of linki
How so?
When I start reading "what was the point of this post?..." I feel like it's attacking something easy scum would jump on.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

juliets wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:41 pm

Crap ton of linki
How so?
Surely you would like to see Mata comment on literally any other content in the thread rather than randomly pulling a meaningless post?
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Matahari wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:43 pm

Crap ton of linki
What scumread?
Epignosis earlier came with "I suspect Matahari" when nobody else even seemed to notice you posting at all.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Crap ton of linki
What scumread?
The one that was the only reason you had even posted in the thread before?
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:43 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:40 pm If Day 1 started right now my vote would be on nutella.
Your suspicions are gravitating around people focusing too much on mechanics and I don’t see you as a driving force in the thread. You’re reacting rather than creating. It feels safe.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Creature wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:44 pm

Crap ton of linki
What scumread?
Epignosis earlier came with "I suspect Matahari" when nobody else even seemed to notice you posting at all.
Nobody noticed it because it didn't exist. She never posted until Epi said that. Epi was throwing out a name for shits and giggles and only then did Mata decide to post anything.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Dragomir
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 208

Post by Dragomir »

Should have tagged us to at least check in. So just asking, these whole 10 pages are just D0 posts right?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Sloonei wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:45 pm
Your suspicions are gravitating around people focusing too much on mechanics and I don’t see you as a driving force in the thread. You’re reacting rather than creating. It feels safe.
They're not. People have made me talk most about my MM suspicion but it is the weakest of the three, and the others are not mechanics-related.

I always react more than create. You know that. I still have original reads to the extent that I normally would at this stage. Your reason is empty. This is a poopybarf read.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Dragomir wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:46 pm Should have tagged us to at least check in. So just asking, these whole 10 pages are just D0 posts right?
You probably don't need to read everything, but there are some worthwhile bits. I think you can just jump right into the present discussion and catch up that way, though.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:48 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:45 pm
They're not. People have made me talk most about my MM suspicion but it is the weakest of the three, and the others are not mechanics-related.

I always react more than create. You know that. I still have original reads to the extent that I normally would at this stage. Your reason is empty. This is a poopybarf read.
Who do you suspect that's not being talked about much?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Ultra
Stool Pigeon

Post by Ultra »

nutella wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:42 pm

It's an easy thing to talk about that isn't developing reads on other players. It's a way for scum to look productive in the thread without actually driving the scumhunting process.

Already discussed the other pings and they were shot down. Still have a hunch though.

I know in a general sense why its scummy. But in context it could be either or. So bottom line do you think he is trying to look productive and avoid pertinent discussion
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

sloonei: *asks me who I suspect*
me: *says who I suspect and talks about it for several posts*
sloonei: *is mafia*
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Ultra wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:50 pm

I know in a general sense why its scummy. But in context it could be either or. So bottom line do you think he is trying to look productive and avoid pertinent discussion
Yeah, basically.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:51 pm sloonei: *asks me who I suspect*
me: *says who I suspect and talks about it for several posts*
sloonei: *is mafia*
I don't know who your other two suspects are.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

But seriously [mention]Sloonei[/mention] Mata is my top suspect right now. Her iso is crap.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Suspecting people for mechanics talk is an easy strategy for scum to latch onto than mechanics talk. Discuss.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Sloonei wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:53 pm Suspecting people for mechanics talk is an easy strategy for scum to latch onto than mechanics talk. Discuss.
That would kind of defeat the purpose of the mechanics talk being counterproductive to producing reads, yeah? XD
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 145
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

:nod: Low-hanging fruit. I agree with Sloonei.
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

Creature wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:44 pm

Crap ton of linki
What scumread?
As I hadn’t even posted in the game, I assumed Epi was being goofy. How can you suspect someone who hasn’t even checked in yet?
[mention]nutella[/mention] I asked about the point of MM’s post because he quoted two posts of Ultras in the order that Ultra originally posted them. After noting that the game was a no claim game, Ultra started working on a way to claim without openly claiming. I wondered whether MM was trying to bring attention to that. I looked back through other posts, but I couldn’t find one that asked MM a question about Ultra, so I asked why he posted that.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 145
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

:srsnod:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Let's ISO Matahari then.
Matahari wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 12:12 am
Epignosis wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 11:00 pm I don't suspect Ultra. Bottom line.

I suspect Matahari.
:p lee me lone. I’m tryna watch Shetland.
I can buy this as a timid, forced casual entry by mafia.

Crap ton of linki
This question exists. It is over a half hour old. I believe MafiaMenace replied? I dunno, the thread is moving at lightspeed. The point is I'm not sure what the point of this post is.

Crap ton of linki
What scumread?
Then this. That middle post looks like the only attempt on Matahari's part to engaged in gameplay, and it's the bare minimum.

[mention]Matahari[/mention] do you have any first impressions on players so far? What's your typical approach to a game? Which players are you already familiar with here?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:54 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:53 pm Suspecting people for mechanics talk is an easy strategy for scum to latch onto than mechanics talk. Discuss.
That would kind of defeat the purpose of the mechanics talk being counterproductive to producing reads, yeah? XD
wut
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Matahari wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:56 pm

As I hadn’t even posted in the game, I assumed Epi was being goofy. How can you suspect someone who hasn’t even checked in yet?
@nutella I asked about the point of MM’s post because he quoted two posts of Ultras in the order that Ultra originally posted them. After noting that the game was a no claim game, Ultra started working on a way to claim without openly claiming. I wondered whether MM was trying to bring attention to that. I looked back through other posts, but I couldn’t find one that asked MM a question about Ultra, so I asked why he posted that.
[/quote]

I'm not looking for an explanation for why you quoted that post. I'm wondering why you haven't felt the need to comment on *any* other thread content so far.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Sloonei wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:58 pm
nutella wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:54 pm
wut
well I thought it was funny. Bc if scum decide to suspect people for mechanics talk, they are still stating a suspicion, which is more productive than mechanics talk itself.

Sure, it's low-hanging fruit, but that's mostly what we have at this point. Scum might find it an easy thing to call suspicious, but it also is suspicious and it's just as reasonable for townies to believe that.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

Sloonei wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:57 pm Let's ISO Matahari then.
Matahari wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 12:12 am
Epignosis wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 11:00 pm I don't suspect Ultra. Bottom line.

I suspect Matahari.
:p lee me lone. I’m tryna watch Shetland.
I can buy this as a timid, forced casual entry by mafia.

Crap ton of linki
This question exists. It is over a half hour old. I believe MafiaMenace replied? I dunno, the thread is moving at lightspeed. The point is I'm not sure what the point of this post is.

Crap ton of linki
What scumread?
Then this. That middle post looks like the only attempt on Matahari's part to engaged in gameplay, and it's the bare minimum.

@Matahari do you have any first impressions on players so far? What's your typical approach to a game? Which players are you already familiar with here?
I don’t have any solid impressions on players so far. I don’t know a few of the players at all, and I know most players who are old school here. My typical approach is to read along, try to form opinions about how people interact with each other, ask questions if I don’t understand what people are trying to say, and I rarely post a ton. It usually take two to three days in old school games before I get solid feels on a player.
Ultra
Stool Pigeon

Post by Ultra »

nutella wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:52 pm
Ultra wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:50 pm

Yeah, basically.
Ok. Can you show me posts supporting this

Return to “Previous Jobs”