Elochin
No votes
juliets
No votes
Long Con
24%
Lunalee
12%
Carolyn Leonhart (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
65%

Total votes: 17
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 773

Re: Steely Dan Mafia [Night 3]

Post by dunya »

novaselinenever wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:33 pm Now hold it right there Dunya, that outcry ain't my fault lol. I was messing around and thinking outloud, my apology to Juliets was because I felt bad she had to deal with all that stuff. Wouldn't a Townie apologize as well in that scenario? Why does it have to be a Mafia apology lol?
a townie would apologize to another townie. why didn't you consider juliets could be mafia like everyone else was?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

why does townie nova apologize to juliets and just move on. it felt like mafia guilt.
novaselinenever
Hitman
Posts in topic: 362

Post by novaselinenever »

Matahari wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:30 pm @dunya
Oh sorry, I thought you asked about Luna. I reread Nova last night along with a couple others, and I’m neutral on him. I’d like to observe a bit longer because I can’t really decide. His explanation for his vote on Mac day seemed acceptable. But today? The only reason I can think of for a vote on someone else is in case a vote switcher is in the game.
Do you have a gripe with someone voting off of guaranteed lynch? I don't think Jack having 11 votes instead of 10 would change much :p
novaselinenever
Hitman

dunya wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:36 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:33 pm Now hold it right there Dunya, that outcry ain't my fault lol. I was messing around and thinking outloud, my apology to Juliets was because I felt bad she had to deal with all that stuff. Wouldn't a Townie apologize as well in that scenario? Why does it have to be a Mafia apology lol?
a townie would apologize to another townie. why didn't you consider juliets could be mafia like everyone else was?
I was apologizing to juliets the human being lol.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

i've been there, pushing too hard on someone and seeing them emotionally react then going back on it cos i feel i took it to far and don't want to spoil a game for them. it felt guilty to me. and the question felt mischievous. ;p
novaselinenever
Hitman

dunya wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:37 pm why does townie nova apologize to juliets and just move on. it felt like mafia guilt.
human guilt :noble:
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 62
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Phew, Jack was bad... I was making all that up!
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

the whole mac greeting was fake as hell. juliets didn't know the answer, but you and mac knew it cos ya'll were on the same team.
novaselinenever wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:42 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:24 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:22 pm What's up, Mac? :dark:
Oh nothing much Nova just being a civ again how bout you?
Another day, another civ nova :srsnod:
this. this is bad.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

also note, nova stays off mac and jack. it may be symbolic when it comes to jack, or it could be something more role related.
novaselinenever
Hitman

dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

yeah you're resembling your community self more and more. :meany:
Matahari
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 136

Post by Matahari »

novaselinenever wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:37 pm
Matahari wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:30 pm @dunya
Oh sorry, I thought you asked about Luna. I reread Nova last night along with a couple others, and I’m neutral on him. I’d like to observe a bit longer because I can’t really decide. His explanation for his vote on Mac day seemed acceptable. But today? The only reason I can think of for a vote on someone else is in case a vote switcher is in the game.
Do you have a gripe with someone voting off of guaranteed lynch? I don't think Jack having 11 votes instead of 10 would change much :p
No, I think it’s wise. Vote switchers were a thing for awhile , I don’t know if they still are. But you put your vote on someone else who had suspicion on them, so I thought it was a good choice.
novaselinenever
Hitman

dunya wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:45 pm yeah you're resembling your community self more and more. :meany:
novaselinenever
Hitman

Jay, please come help me
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Spoiler: show
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

It's 3am. I should be sleeping.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 554
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

dunya wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:45 pm yeah you're resembling your community self more and more. :meany:
yikes! I guess I need to take a look at that. I have back and forth on nova this whole game but landed on "good" when the interactive analysis made he and Jack look not compatible. I am capable of being fooled though.

lol that cat gif is great!
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

[mention]Matahari[/mention] in gossip girl, you nailed the scum team down plus the third party (daisy). How do you feel about daisy this game?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

juliets wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:57 pm
yikes! I guess I need to take a look at that. I have back and forth on nova this whole game but landed on "good" when the interactive analysis made he and Jack look not compatible. I am capable of being fooled though.

Well the community comparison was a bit of an overstatement for him being a troll in response to my valid concerns ;p still he should be observed and other people who aren't DDL giving him a green pass should weigh in on why he's out of poe even if his interaction with jack makes him look good, his interaction with mac make him look bad.
novaselinenever
Hitman

Don't listen to her. You're actually the person that read me the best I believe ;airguitar:
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

(I have to admit I haven't finished checking the analysis you did with him and jack) (I hate those damn things lol :p )
novaselinenever
Hitman

dunya wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:00 pm

Well the community comparison was a bit of an overstatement for him being a troll in response to my valid concerns ;p
I'm just joking around :hug:
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

novaselinenever wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:01 pm

Don't listen to her. You're actually the person that read me the best I believe ;airguitar:
Don't worry. I've been playing mafia for like 9 years and all that time my biggest weakness was never being able to assemble a following. Doesn't matter how good my intuition is, or how much people trust me, my case building skills sucked because I can't focus or articulate my feelings well.
novaselinenever
Hitman

Your concern seems genuine (I wouldn't say valid, 'cause they're wrong after all :p), but I honestly can't say anything else. You've talked ad nauseam about the Mac stuff, and the Juliets stuff isn't as deep. All I can say is that I felt bad and it's not Mafia guilt 'cause I'm good :cloud9:
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

novaselinenever wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:02 pm
dunya wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:00 pm

Well the community comparison was a bit of an overstatement for him being a troll in response to my valid concerns ;p
I'm just joking around :hug:
#metoo :hugs:
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

[mention]dunya[/mention], I do understand what you're saying about his interactions with Mac looking bad. I will look back at that particularly.

I also have to say I thought nova was just messing with me in a friendly way when he asked that question that set everyone off. I was shocked there was such a brouhaha over something I interpreted as only half serious. I guess I feel like we bonded over those games we just played and that affected my read of what he was doing. Maybe I'm just naive.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I think I need a game break for the rest of the night. My head hurts.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

dunya wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:58 pm @Matahari in gossip girl, you nailed the scum team down plus the third party (daisy). How do you feel about daisy this game?
I thought from her first posts that she was town. But- I’ve been gone from mafia for five years, and Daisy's good. She could fool me now, I’m sure. But I didn’t buy Jacks case on her and Juliet’s, and I can’t find any trace of bad in her posts.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

juliets wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:06 pm Dunya, I do understand what you're saying about his interactions with Mac looking bad. I will look back at that particularly.
You can check the interactive analysis jay did if thise are up your alley :p though Jay still town read him after that iirc. Something about him seeming genuine. Whatever :p
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Matahari wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:10 pm
dunya wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:58 pm @Matahari in gossip girl, you nailed the scum team down plus the third party (daisy). How do you feel about daisy this game?
I thought from her first posts that she was town. But- I’ve been gone from mafia for five years, and Daisy's good. She could fool me now, I’m sure. But I didn’t buy Jacks case on her and Juliet’s, and I can’t find any trace of bad in her posts.
Well, you were able to suss her out in GG so I wouldn't downplay your intuition.

I think she looks great from the Jack flip.
novaselinenever
Hitman

dunya wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:11 pm
juliets wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:06 pm Dunya, I do understand what you're saying about his interactions with Mac looking bad. I will look back at that particularly.
You can check the interactive analysis jay did if thise are up your alley :p though Jay still town read him after that iirc. Something about him seeming genuine. Whatever :p
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Spacedaisy had some real emotions in her responses to Jack. Not teammate stuff. But real real frustration and passion. Likewise, elochin's eod1 outburst and anger oozed sincerity and while I try to say it's nai, I just can't see bad eloh drawing that much attention to herself when she knows exactly what the flip was gonna bring. She would have bitched about it in btsc maybe. She's like won the most mafia games on this site. Girl knows how to be mafia. And that just doesn't feel right for me. Coupled with the fact Jack used her for his stolen role cop check, I'm not buying they were bad together.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

I'm too nice to play mafia with.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

I also feel speedchuck would have hopped on the bus train rather than try to be the one talking with Jack while we all had our pitchforks out ready to spike him.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 210
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

dunya wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:17 pm Spacedaisy had some real emotions in her responses to Jack. Not teammate stuff. But real real frustration and passion. Likewise, elochin's eod1 outburst and anger oozed sincerity and while I try to say it's nai, I just can't see bad eloh drawing that much attention to herself when she knows exactly what the flip was gonna bring. She would have bitched about it in btsc maybe. She's like won the most mafia games on this site. Girl knows how to be mafia. And that just doesn't feel right for me. Coupled with the fact Jack used her for his stolen role cop check, I'm not buying they were bad together.
dunya wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:21 pm I also feel speedchuck would have hopped on the bus train rather than try to be the one talking with Jack while we all had our pitchforks out ready to spike him.

There is only one solution.

Let's join the low poster lynch hype train.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

You might be sarcastic DDL but I am not opposed to that for the first time in my mafia life :p

My low posters would include Kites and Lunalee.

Kites
Lunalee
Niju
Neverwhere
ReyWas

I hope kites can engage us more. Just knowing his thoughts helps us figure him out like I've managed to do with Matahari (I think)
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 141

Post by nutella »

dunya wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:32 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:29 pm
dunya wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:20 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:15 pm Like, even nova's refusal to lynch Mac, while questionable, it's fairly believable for a civ. He came in, saw a suspicious wagon and got paranoid. I do that all the time myself.
questionable? it was fucking awful and exactly what i expect a possible save to look like. he's already defended himself against this and cant really say more to appease me, but i can't shake the nagging feeling away. how carelessly he handled it, like it was nothing after mac was a big suspect felt like teammate tmi (hi, teammate, i gtg later but i'm gonna make sure my distancing doesnt get you lynched before i disappear). i think i just stated my biggest beef with nova.

also, that post "does juliets know the answer to these?" and coming in after creating such a fucking outcry over that to say "lol sorry juliets" was kinda bad looking--mafia apologizing to juliets for creating real frustration kinda bad.
:scared:
you should be scared. i am taking the wool out of people's eyes. :meany:
Isn't that timmer's job :p
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

I forgot leetic. Just saw him online lol.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

nutella wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:32 pm
I don't get the joke :p it's late here...
novaselinenever
Hitman

I wouldn't include Reywas in low-posters. He should have a separate category :nicenod:
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

dunya wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:31 pm You might be sarcastic DDL but I am not opposed to that for the first time in my mafia life :p

My low posters would include Kites and Lunalee.

Kites
Lunalee
Niju
Neverwhere
ReyWas

I hope kites can engage us more. Just knowing his thoughts helps us figure him out like I've managed to do with Matahari (I think)
I'm with Jay here, the blooper vote was atrocious and it must be punished.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 141

Post by nutella »

dunya wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:34 pm
lol, niche joke. in some other game he mentioned that his job involved grinding up bits of human flesh or something and everyone freaked out
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

It used to be assumed that a no show player who wasn’t modkilled, was probably a mafioso, and the host was trying to get a replacement. Is this still likely, or not so much?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

I've not seen anyone get modkilled here. When I first joined I saw people would guess the first replacement in a game would go to mafia though lol.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Matahari wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:41 pm It used to be assumed that a no show player who wasn’t modkilled, was probably a mafioso, and the host was trying to get a replacement. Is this still likely, or not so much?
Pretty sure Epi is looking for a replacement.

Getting one is a different story though.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Modkills are extremely rare though. I've seen people get replaced on Day 10 and no modkills.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 337
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

rez plz
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

nutella wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:37 pm
dunya wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:34 pm
lol, niche joke. in some other game he mentioned that his job involved grinding up bits of human flesh or something and everyone freaked out
Wtf lmao :scared:
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 62
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:44 pm rez plz
miss you boo
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 719
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

DADDY DON'T LIVE IN THAT NEW YORK CITAY NO MORE
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Side Missions”