Total votes: 11
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 189
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: Gossip Girl Mafia [Day 2]

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

indiglo wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:00 pmSomething feels a little off to me here, almost like it's an effort to appear to be posting content, without really posting content. I don't know if she didn't expect to be asked about her list or what, but I'm not feeling warm and fuzzy about this. Her previous posts explaining her thought process read as genuined, but this stuff really feels like an attempt to post content while not really saying anything.

Thoughts? From Mata or anyone?
It's a reasonable gripe. The only read coming from her effort there was on rey, so it didn't amount to much of anything.
Spoiler: show
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
indiglo
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 41

Post by indiglo »

Finished up my ISO of Daisy now.

I understand why some are getting scummy vibes off her, I'm just having a hard time seeing it. I have read and re-read her posts in ISO and in context until I'm crosseyed. It may be because I know her, and so that gives me a blind spot, because I know how much she's enjoying her writing projects right now and what not.

Her explanation of why she voted Mongoose is WIFOM-y, I'll agree. I also don't think mafia has the monopoly on WIFOM explanation / defenses. Ack. Hope to hear more from her before EOD. Also would like to hear more from others about her.

Speaking of EOD, I will not be here, so will likely have to have all my voting and posting done and dusted by 5:30 Eastern.

Linki~
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Spacedaisy wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:44 am Here was my thinking, I can cast a vote off that has no meaning or I can cast a vote where it can count. Mongoose was already winning the lynch y’all. I didn’t want to tie it up because I didn’t feel like Jay was bad. When considering either Mac or Mongoose. I had felt like I thought Mac seemed loosey goosey and like normal Mac, but I wouldn’t say I feel confident ilenogh to discount him. Whereas there was conversation already about Mongoose and I thought she seemed stiffer than Mac did. Less natural.
Why not?
Spacedaisy wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:44 amThis my vote for Mongoose, who was already about to get lynched. Why would I do this if I was bad? The only reason would be if both Mac and Jay were bad. They both had one less vote than Mongoose, iirc. So please consider this logical, unless you suspect I am on a team with Mac and Jay, this move would not make sense as a baddie.
If you felt the need to take part in a prevailing wagon, then that's a perception that can exist for you in a mafia alignment too. I don't know why the alignments of Mac and I must dictate how you are perceived here.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 53

Post by Spacedaisy »

nutella wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:20 pm hmmm I'm not satisfied with daisy's last post. her logic for why a baddie wouldn't vote as she did seems a little too thought through, if she was just a clueless townie throwing a vote somewhere she could just say that she was a clueless townie throwing a vote somewhere and not have this elaborate rationale cooked up.

[VOTE: daisy] aubergine
This is fucking ridiculous.

I get votes because everyone says I’m not explaining my vote.

I lay out exactly why I voted the way I did (which I thought I had already explained), and I get votes for having an elaborate rationale. My entire “rationale” was I don’t know what is happening so I’m picking the one I think is most suspicious here. Woo, that’s elaborate indeed.

Fuck this, you’ve just decided to vote me no matter what so let’s just dispense with the charade. It literally makes no sense that I’m bad based on that vote, but whatever. Don’t let that inconvenience your lynch train.

You won’t get the result you’re looking for, but it’s cool. I don’t mind watching you guys mislynch me.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

I'm going to take a little break, as my butt cheeks have now gone numb. Also my washer and dryer just stopped, so I need to deal with laundry.

Never fear, I shall return! :noble: I think I feel myself getting my feet back under me, just a touch. (Probably just jinxed myself lol)

Linki w/3J - those are good questions. Look forward to reading the answers.

Linki~ posting, then reading
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Spacedaisy wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:24 pm Fuck this, you’ve just decided to vote me no matter what so let’s just dispense with the charade. It literally makes no sense that I’m bad based on that vote, but whatever. Don’t let that inconvenience your lynch train.
You could be the most civilian townie to ever village, and this would still be a silly assertion.

Who is bad?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Because if I was bad, why the fuck would I need to seal a lunch on Mongoose? She was already getting lynched. Why wouldn’t I just vote for someone else, anyone else? I could have tossed my vote anywhere and not gotten my hands dirty if I knew she was civ before I voted for her. The only reason I might really want to deal a lynch on Mongoose if Iwasbad is if I was protecting someone else. The only two people that might be Jay are you and Mac. Do you think Mac is bad? Are you bad? Even thenif one of you was bad and not the other, I could’ve voted to tie up the civ with Mongoose, assuming I am on the mafia team (which I’m not). A vote for Mongoose makes literally zero sense if I knew her alignment ahead of the lynch unless you believe I was protecting someone else. It only makes sense if you consider that I didn’t know what she would flip.

I believed you are good based on your behavior. You look like you are genuinely trying to figure things out. But it concerns me now that I’m wrong if you can’t see why that vote indicating I’m bad would have to mean that you and/or Mac were bad as well.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

I always try to put my vote where it matters if I don’t feel like I have a strong suspicion somewhere else.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Spacedaisy wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:33 pm Because if I was bad, why the fuck would I need to seal a lunch on Mongoose? She was already getting lynched. Why wouldn’t I just vote for someone else, anyone else? I could have tossed my vote anywhere and not gotten my hands dirty if I knew she was civ before I voted for her. The only reason I might really want to deal a lynch on Mongoose if Iwasbad is if I was protecting someone else. The only two people that might be Jay are you and Mac. Do you think Mac is bad? Are you bad? Even thenif one of you was bad and not the other, I could’ve voted to tie up the civ with Mongoose, assuming I am on the mafia team (which I’m not). A vote for Mongoose makes literally zero sense if I knew her alignment ahead of the lynch unless you believe I was protecting someone else. It only makes sense if you consider that I didn’t know what she would flip.
Let me explain why I don't agree with the logic you are presenting (separate from the tone or the believability):

I believe it is important to participate in a prevailing wagon in the end, because throwaway votes are useless. That is my civilian perspective, and it is one I have voiced many times. When I am a mafioso, that still applies. Even if there are three large wagons all on civilians, I am very likely to put myself on one of them as a mafioso -- being a part of a mislynch can draw some suspicion, but being a throwaway vote on someone else is even more suspicious in most scenarios.

Are you suggesting to me that this is a mindset which has no place in your mafia-aligned perspective?
Spacedaisy wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:33 pmI believed you are good based on your behavior. You look like you are genuinely trying to figure things out. But it concerns me now that I’m wrong if you can’t see why that vote indicating I’m bad would have to mean that you and/or Mac were bad as well.
I don't think you are thinking this through. It might be a product of your frustration, but I have to ask you questions before I give you any kind of a break. You aren't making sense to me right now.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Spacedaisy wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:34 pm I always try to put my vote where it matters if I don’t feel like I have a strong suspicion somewhere else.
Right. And you should do that.

You don't mimic that whatsoever when you're bad? That's the point.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:27 am
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:17 amWith the Mongoose vote, I'm generally more suspicious of the later votes. Unless the earlier voters are strong players, who tend to push people a lot as scum, but with this crowd, I'm flying without meta.

Also, are the votes actually in order has this site's polling mixed it up?

I have the votes at Mac then Jay then indigo then daisy was that the correct order or did it get mixed up?
The poll order isn't the same as the chronological order. I believe the Mongoose votes went in this order: indiglo ==> Mac ==> JJJ ==> Spacedaisy
I remembered reading this while putting laundry in the dryer. You guys were talking about vote orders. As far as I know, I cast the first vote for Mongoose. I can go back and double check in the thread, but I don't know if everyone here always posts their votes. At any rate, when I decided to vote Mongoose, at the time I was unaware of any other votes for her.

I don't know if that helps, but information is always good. :nicenod:

Back to the laundry! :ninja:

XOXO Epi Girl
Lunalee
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 37

Post by Lunalee »

My main suspects right now are Daisy and Owner. But I think there's no way they can both be bad together.
Daisy did place a suspicious D1 vote, but she explained her situation and thought process there. I still want to look closer at her posts because I don't know that I'm fully convinced. Jay pointed out this post of hers that looked weird:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:21 am
Spacedaisy wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:58 pm I spent all afternoon writing. So... I could vote for Jay or Mac and tie it up with Mongoose or I can seal it on Mongoose. I don’t think Jay is bad, I’m not decided yet on Mac. I think I’ll toss. Y vote on Mongoose, I feel like she is more likely bad than the other two options close to her.
This post makes me say "yikes" every time I pass over it.
I sort of agree that this post looks fishy, but it was made 2 minutes before EOD. And she said that she checked the game to vote with 6 minutes left. So it does all add up. I just want to look closer because a train is forming and I don't want to miss what's going on.

Owner of a lonely heart seems to be trying really hard to solve the game based on vote analysis. That does look good, but she also is so eager to jump on someone based on something they did that looks bad, or like in my case, try to make out everything I did leading up to EOD look like scum-motives. Right now, her Spacedaisy vote looks like it is more based on Jay's opinions of Spacedaisy instead of her own:
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:29 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:21 am
Spacedaisy wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:58 pm I spent all afternoon writing. So... I could vote for Jay or Mac and tie it up with Mongoose or I can seal it on Mongoose. I don’t think Jay is bad, I’m not decided yet on Mac. I think I’ll toss. Y vote on Mongoose, I feel like she is more likely bad than the other two options close to her.
This post makes me say "yikes" every time I pass over it.
It does seem a like she's trying to say more than she is actually doing, and she was the last one on Mongoose (or if the vote count order is correct). I think I'll apply some pressure and see where this goes. [VOTE: Spacedaisy] aubergine

It's unfortunate that I won't have much time tomorrow.
How eager she is to make conclusions on people just looks bad to me. But it may be just how she plays mafia, so I wouldn't mind hearing more input there.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Ancient Greece Mafia - civilian - loss
U-Pick Mafia - mafia - loss
Retrocausality Mafia - mafia - loss
Mega Man Mafia - mafia - win
Hogwarts Mafia - civilian - loss
Side Missions
Image Mafia - civilian - loss
Courage the Cowardly Dog Mafia - civilian - loss
Heists
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me - civilian - loss
Friends Mafia - civilian - loss
Daily Fantasy Mafia - civilian - win
Everyone's Insane! - mafia - win
Space Force - civilian - loss
Burglaries
Murder on the Owl Express - third party - loss
Operation Refrigerator Restoration - civilian - win
One Hour Werewolf - Tanner - loss
Awful Overplayed Dadrock Mafia - civilian - loss
Dethy Game - civilian - loss
Special Games
Two-Headed Monster Mafia - civilian - win
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

[VOTE: Matahari] aubergine

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Owner is a tough nut to crack sometimes, because she has unique manners of approaching the hunt that can lead to her being misjudged. I have struggled to follow her train of thought though and would still call her a suspect.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Y'all, after playing so hard in my previous two games, I am chugging through this one on low energy. Even still I am dominating the post counts.

You can't let me give the most effort. Don't let a man be in charge of a game 75% populated by women and hosted by a woman.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 100
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Spacedaisy wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:24 pm
nutella wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:20 pm hmmm I'm not satisfied with daisy's last post. her logic for why a baddie wouldn't vote as she did seems a little too thought through, if she was just a clueless townie throwing a vote somewhere she could just say that she was a clueless townie throwing a vote somewhere and not have this elaborate rationale cooked up.

[VOTE: daisy] aubergine
This is fucking ridiculous.

I get votes because everyone says I’m not explaining my vote.

I lay out exactly why I voted the way I did (which I thought I had already explained), and I get votes for having an elaborate rationale. My entire “rationale” was I don’t know what is happening so I’m picking the one I think is most suspicious here. Woo, that’s elaborate indeed.

Fuck this, you’ve just decided to vote me no matter what so let’s just dispense with the charade. It literally makes no sense that I’m bad based on that vote, but whatever. Don’t let that inconvenience your lynch train.

You won’t get the result you’re looking for, but it’s cool. I don’t mind watching you guys mislynch me.
Dude you are overreacting chill. My vote is not set in stone but it is getting closer as this response doesn't sound like civ Daisy imo.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:53 pm Y'all, after playing so hard in my previous two games, I am chugging through this one on low energy. Even still I am dominating the post counts.

You can't let me give the most effort. Don't let a man be in charge of a game 75% populated by women and hosted by a woman.
So, 2 options here:

1 - We listen to you, and start posting 3,000 x a day, thereby allowing you - an alleged man - to be in charge of us.
2 - We post however much we want, thereby not allowing you to be in charge of us, while you continue to complain.

I see what you did there. :p

Laundry's done, working on getting some lunch, so I'm going to come on, do some reading - then stew on it a bit while I complete other chores.

XOXO Epi Girl
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

nutella wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:09 pm Dude you are overreacting chill. My vote is not set in stone but it is getting closer as this response doesn't sound like civ Daisy imo.
What would civ Daisy sound like by comparison?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

indiglo wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:13 pmSo, 2 options here:

1 - We listen to you, and start posting 3,000 x a day, thereby allowing you - an alleged man - to be in charge of us.
2 - We post however much we want, thereby not allowing you to be in charge of us, while you continue to complain.

I see what you did there. :p
I'm not even posting that much by my standards. :meany:

That's okay though. If I have to uphold the patriarchy by taking charge, then I will. :noble:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Time to go find out who is afraid of juliets.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

This salad is pretty much the BEST salad I've ever eaten. That's that.

Just re-reading Rey, and I can't make heads or tails of it. He seems to be normal Rey, which gives me no idea as to his alignment. So, yeah. Helpful!

On to the next.

XOXO Epi Girl
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

juliets wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:03 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:42 pm Okay so this is my only game now. I POE'd down to four, so somebody tell me why I'm stupid or why I'm brilliant. Argue with me. Argue with each other. Fight and bicker. Let's go.
I'm in general agreement with you though I'm not quite ready to acquit Mac and reywas. Mac because I didn't see a reason he glommed onto Mongoose and stayed there and Rey because he offered a reason for his nutella vote that seemed fake. They are far down my list though. Of most importance to me are Owner, Daisy and indiglo. Also, need to read back through EOD and pick through how some of those Mongoose decisions were made. I may come back to you with questions about your role in that debacle.

On another note I really like nutella in EOD pushing people to get off Luna. If Luna is bad she was brilliant in EOD.
[mention]MacDougall[/mention] and [mention]reywaS[/mention], please answer to these bits from juliets.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

XOXO Epi Girl
Matahari
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 70

Post by Matahari »

Since JJJ educated me on the new way of approaching a mafia game, I’ll update my list of suspects. The people I’m antsy about are Daisy, Indiglo, and Owner (although I’m a little less antsy about her after reading her posts). These are based on getting an uneasy feel about their day one vote posts, mostly.
I am blank on JJJ, Mac, Elohcin, and Rey (hi back, Rey!). I feel like Rey is town, but really can’t be positive.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

indiglo wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:49 pm Why am I scared of juliets?
She asked you some questions in a pointed, accusatory manner. You answered her, but she didn't get around to revisiting the matter. Without that, the threat she posed to you was not assuaged, and thus you are shook. U shook m8.

:biggrin:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Matahari wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:50 pm Since JJJ educated me on the new way of approaching a mafia game, I’ll update my list of suspects. The people I’m antsy about are Daisy, Indiglo, and Owner (although I’m a little less antsy about her after reading her posts). These are based on getting an uneasy feel about their day one vote posts, mostly.
I am blank on JJJ, Mac, Elohcin, and Rey (hi back, Rey!). I feel like Rey is town, but really can’t be positive.
Thanks for the reads, Matahari. :nicenod:

I'd like to hear more about your view that rey is town as well as about the three suspects you named.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:51 pm
She asked you some questions in a pointed, accusatory manner. You answered her, but she didn't get around to revisiting the matter. Without that, the threat she posed to you was not assuaged, and thus you are shook. U shook m8.

I'm not shook. (Oh geez, I can barely even say that - it's so... millenial *shudders*) Questions are expected in a mafia game. I don't have anything to hide, and although I'm certain my re-entry has been clunky, I'm not bad. I didn't even find juliets' questions to be particularly memorable (no offense meant to juliets, who I do find quite memorable). I had to go back and find them to even jog my memory.

XOXO Epi Girl
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

indiglo wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:03 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:51 pm

I'm not shook. (Oh geez, I can barely even say that - it's so... millenial *shudders*) Questions are expected in a mafia game. I don't have anything to hide, and although I'm certain my re-entry has been clunky, I'm not bad. I didn't even find juliets' questions to be particularly memorable (no offense meant to juliets, who I do find quite memorable). I had to go back and find them to even jog my memory.
Okay. Do you think the other people I mentioned are positively terrified of juliets?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:52 pm
Matahari wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:50 pm Since JJJ educated me on the new way of approaching a mafia game, I’ll update my list of suspects. The people I’m antsy about are Daisy, Indiglo, and Owner (although I’m a little less antsy about her after reading her posts). These are based on getting an uneasy feel about their day one vote posts, mostly.
Thanks for the reads, Matahari. :nicenod:

I'd like to hear more about your view that rey is town as well as about the three suspects you named.
I’m very out of my depth here, everything has changed so much. Little things like bandwagoning, for instance. That used to get people in so much trouble, and now it seems to be the preferred method. Role playing- that’s new for me too. Not having watched the show, I don’t always catch when people are role playing. So I’m having to go with old school methods. Gut.
I’m really not sure about Rey at all, old school Rey participated more as a civ. But reading back on him, he is not really participating so much as just posting. I’d like to hear from others what they think about him, to get a better perspective.
The three who make me a little uneasy, it’s because I felt like they were avoiding real commitment to scum hunting. Their day one vote posts were evasive and seemed like they had a hard time placing a vote on someone they knew was a civ. As in, being mafia, you have to be careful not to look like you were going hard for someone who will be revealed as a civ. That may not make sense, sorry. That’s just a gut thing.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Matahari wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:07 pm I’m very out of my depth here, everything has changed so much. Little things like bandwagoning, for instance. That used to get people in so much trouble, and now it seems to be the preferred method. Role playing- that’s new for me too. Not having watched the show, I don’t always catch when people are role playing. So I’m having to go with old school methods. Gut.
I’m really not sure about Rey at all, old school Rey participated more as a civ. But reading back on him, he is not really participating so much as just posting. I’d like to hear from others what they think about him, to get a better perspective.
The three who make me a little uneasy, it’s because I felt like they were avoiding real commitment to scum hunting. Their day one vote posts were evasive and seemed like they had a hard time placing a vote on someone they knew was a civ. As in, being mafia, you have to be careful not to look like you were going hard for someone who will be revealed as a civ. That may not make sense, sorry. That’s just a gut thing.
It makes sense. I think the three you named, [mention]Spacedaisy[/mention], [mention]indiglo[/mention], and [mention]Owner of a Lonely Heart[/mention], ought to say something in response.

I would encourage you not to concern yourself with how people play now versus what you're accustomed to. If you read the thread and develop an opinion about anything, just stick it right here in the thread. Opinions cannot be "outdated", they are just opinions. Let's hear them in whatever form they take inside your brain. Otherwise it is a bit more difficult to interpret your approach as authentic.

I view reywaS as a suspect by process of elimination. His style prevents him from saying things that will look awful, but nor has he done anything to earn much civilian credit.

Do you find anyone in this game trustworthy?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:11 pm
Matahari wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:07 pm I’m very out of my depth here, everything has changed so much. Little things like bandwagoning, for instance. That used to get people in so much trouble, and now it seems to be the preferred method. Role playing- that’s new for me too. Not having watched the show, I don’t always catch when people are role playing. So I’m having to go with old school methods. Gut.
It makes sense. I think the three you named, @Spacedaisy, @indiglo, and @Owner of a Lonely Heart, ought to say something in response.

I would encourage you not to concern yourself with how people play now versus what you're accustomed to. If you read the thread and develop an opinion about anything, just stick it right here in the thread. Opinions cannot be "outdated", they are just opinions. Let's hear them in whatever form they take inside your brain. Otherwise it is a bit more difficult to interpret your approach as authentic.

I view reywaS as a suspect by process of elimination. His style prevents him from saying things that will look awful, but nor has he done anything to earn much civilian credit.

Do you find anyone in this game trustworthy?
I have calmed down a lot about Lunalee, Nutella, and you. I am trying to give Owner some trust because of her recent posts, but she is not on my trust list yet. You are not square on the trust list either, but at least you make posts that sound like you are really searching for answers. Everyone else is sort of a blank for me, at this point.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Matahari wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:20 pm I have calmed down a lot about Lunalee, Nutella, and you. I am trying to give Owner some trust because of her recent posts, but she is not on my trust list yet. You are not square on the trust list either, but at least you make posts that sound like you are really searching for answers. Everyone else is sort of a blank for me, at this point.
I can suggest an exercise which might freeze you with culture shock, but it'll also be a splendid push. :dark:

Elohcin
indiglo
JaggedJimmyJay
Lunalee
MacDougall
nutella
Owner of a Lonely Heart
reywaS
Spacedaisy

Please quote my post or just copy/paste the list of players right there. Then imagine the following scenario: an assailant has you trapped and is holding a gun to your head. He or she commands you to spit out whatever your gut tells you about each of these players, but it may only be one of two words: good or bad. Anything else is unacceptable (no "null" or "neutral" or "I don't know" allowed). You may not break those rules or it will be to your great peril. Go.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

I can’t do what you ask, honestly, because I might be condemning a townsperson. I would need to put a few ‘I don’t knows’ in there. But I’ll play along as if someone put a gun to my head.

Elohcin good
indigo bad
JaggedJimmyJay good
Lunalee good
MacDougall good
nutella good
Owner of a Lonely Heart bad
reywas good
Spacedaisy bad
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Thanks for giving it a shot, Matahari. I'll consider what you've said.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:04 pm Thanks for giving it a shot, Matahari. I'll consider what you've said.
Another reason that might be influencing me to keep an open mind about Rey is a post that Luna made. I’ll see if I can find it and quote it.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

We really need to get more people involved here. The game won't solve itself.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Also the deadline is in three freaking hours.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Matahari
Drug Dealer

Re: Gossip Girl Mafia [Day 0]

Post by Matahari »

I think when I read this, her opinion on Rey kind of matched my own. I didn’t notice Juliet’s questions to Rey until today, and that makes me rethink. She always notices things that matter, anyway, this is why the gunpoint list doesn’t work for me. I’m not at a point of condemning some people yet.

Lunalee wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:32 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:11 pm
Lunalee wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:58 am
reywaS wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:41 am Nutella didn't say No U and I know she knows the saying SMH
Lunalee is bad because she said the party could begin while not being the last person to check in. SMH

JJJ is good because he also thinks these two boobs (see what I did there) are bad
Mac is good for reason i gave above.
Hi Rey. It's okay, you don't have to like me. I have plenty of friends. :D
Careful trusting Mac and Jay just because they agree with your reads. That's actually a terrible reason to trust someone.
Do you suspect rey for this? Do you suspect either Mac or myself? What is this?
I actually disagree with all of rey's opinions so far, but from the tone of his posts, I want to town read him. And yes, I do suspect you Jay. Not so sure about Mac though, which is weird, because I seem to always think he's scum.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I'm going to be in class again, and it might last up to the deadline. Do something, y'all.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

[VOTE: Owner] aubergine

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:53 pm Y'all, after playing so hard in my previous two games, I am chugging through this one on low energy. Even still I am dominating the post counts.

R u me
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:28 pm

R u me
You get an F for your Day 2 production. Improve it or die.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

R u me
Did anything in particular happen to make you switch your vote from Indiglo to Owner?
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:07 pm Also the deadline is in three freaking hours.
ugh, we have to lynch someone today? 24 hr cycle games are difficult for me.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

I want to lynch Owner, so I'm putting my vote there.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

nutella, I could stand on my head and spit quarters and you'd come up with a way that it means I'm mafia. You're so deep in confirmation bias and it's super annoying.

Mata, I haven't been committed. Because I'm not committed. It doesn't mean I'm bad.

Look, I'm an easy vote here and it'll be a mistake because you 100% will not get the result you expect or want. But I'm also pretty busy. Just finished running my first session of an RPG, and I've got school work to do tonight too. So I am not going to spend my time arguing.

Once I'm dead, look at the people who were latching onto me. I was the easy target. Jay I'm pretty sure is civ and I think Indi is as well. Possibly Mac. Good luck. I'm off to take a shower and prepare for guests who are coming over tonight.

Oh, I have to vote someone too... I'm going to put my vote on reywas because I forgot he was playing for a minute.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

Really feel like Daisy's latest content is from a townie heart, and I don't know why nutella and owner still want her lynched.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Matahari wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:45 pm

R u me
Did anything in particular happen to make you switch your vote from Indiglo to Owner?
I am just doing what Jay does
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:35 pm

R u me
You get an F for your Day 2 production. Improve it or die.
:haha:

Return to “Previous Side Missions”