Who?

Poll ended at Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:54 pm

speedchuck
61%
sprityo
No votes
Kylemii
11%
Roger Daltrey (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
28%

Total votes: 18
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 90

Re: The Game of Champions 2018 [Day 4]

Post by Elohcin »

ColinIsCool wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:06 pm Eloh: I mean that if you were scum, you probably would have wanted to vote DH (unless they were both teammates of yours, but then, IDK)
Oh, I see. Yeah, if I were bad I would have voted DH. If DH AND Luna were bad, I would have voted the one with the most votes to try and get civ cred.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 166
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

ColinIsCool wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:01 amKyle: sorta hate his vote tbh. And he parrots DH’s reasoning/logic/language. I think TH’s observation about that was VERY savvy.
i wasn't parroting his reasoning dude i was repeating it and talking about what it might mean about him. there wasn't enough context in DH's posts to figure out what the case against him was or why he was being lynched, that was the point of what i was saying. not "DH says there isn't a case against him so i think he must be right"
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 133

Post by S~V~S »

[mention]ColinIsCool[/mention] you can look the other way. I am a civ.

I just suspected Luna (erroneously) in another game, Asunder. In that game she was very aggressive in her suspicions; she wasn't shy and she didn't pull punches. I did not see that here so much, she was very tentative out of the gate and mainly rephrased other peoples suspicions, then when she did have her own suspects, it was for what I found to be disingenuous reasons. I found her play, outside of thread interactions, to be suspicious.

Plus I came back from a a long break to find people playing differently than when I left. I rely on a persons posts in and of themselves. I think any and all thread interactions can be faked, so while that is important, so it what a person says.

But now I come back from work to see her taking votes again, lol. So :shrug:
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I still don't understand the amount of "would" someone or "would they not" going on in this thread.

Some people would do anything. I Saw LC throw HIMSELF under the bus to gain an advantage for his team once. Geez.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 206
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

S~V~S wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:50 pm @ColinIsCool you can look the other way. I am a civ.

I just suspected Luna (erroneously) in another game, Asunder. In that game she was very aggressive in her suspicions; she wasn't shy and she didn't pull punches. I did not see that here so much, she was very tentative out of the gate and mainly rephrased other peoples suspicions, then when she did have her own suspects, it was for what I found to be disingenuous reasons. I found her play, outside of thread interactions, to be suspicious.

Plus I came back from a a long break to find people playing differently than when I left. I rely on a persons posts in and of themselves. I think any and all thread interactions can be faked, so while that is important, so it what a person says.

It's mostly because of the wand issue though. I had marked Luna off my suspects list until I found out she had the wand, compelled speed to vote Turnip, and says she just picked the two of them for no reason. I find it hard to believe a smart woman like Luna wouldn't have tried to use her item strategically or at least for some reason.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

juliets wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:59 pm
S~V~S wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:50 pm @ColinIsCool you can look the other way. I am a civ.

It's mostly because of the wand issue though. I had marked Luna off my suspects list until I found out she had the wand, compelled speed to vote Turnip, and says she just picked the two of them for no reason. I find it hard to believe a smart woman like Luna wouldn't have tried to use her item strategically or at least for some reason.
I did not get that far yet, thanks for the tl;dr. There is a lot of esoteric reasoning going on in this game, I am off the next two days and snow is coming in so I am made of time and hope to get a better grip on it.

I feel like a complete loser in this game re my gut, I will be pleased if I was right and she actually is bad. DH is super smart and a very audacious player, I am not so sure I would take his performance last night at face value.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

for clarification purposes, what lycn was speedchuck forced to vote for Turnip head during? was it 1 or 2
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Kylemii wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:17 pm for clarification purposes, what lycn was speedchuck forced to vote for Turnip head during? was it 1 or 2
it was the day we were all cursed - wasn't that 2?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

or 3??
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

hmm ok
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

lunalee hadn't expressed any sort of suspicion of TH prior to having made speedchuck vote for him, or anything else other then an general awareness of his existence

she had him as town in her apparently literal gun to head list, then later she commented that she didn't remember much of what turnip head had done
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 188

Post by speedchuck »

juliets wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:19 pm
Kylemii wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:17 pm for clarification purposes, what lycn was speedchuck forced to vote for Turnip head during? was it 1 or 2
it was the day we were all cursed - wasn't that 2?
Day 2
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

were the poll day 0 items expirant? would there have been a rush to use the wand asap?
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Kylemii wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:30 pm were the poll day 0 items expirant? would there have been a rush to use the wand asap?
I don't know the particulars of all the items. Mind didn't have an expiration and I'm sure Luna would have said if hers did.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

juliets wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:59 pm It's mostly because of the wand issue though. I had marked Luna off my suspects list until I found out she had the wand, compelled speed to vote Turnip, and says she just picked the two of them for no reason. I find it hard to believe a smart woman like Luna wouldn't have tried to use her item strategically or at least for some reason.
And because she does something you think is un-strategic, you think she's scum? How does that make sense?

This is just another symptom of the "You're playing sub-optimally so you must be scum" mindset that I got in trouble for in Hogwarts Mafia, Everyone's-Cursed Mafia, etc.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Kylemii wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:28 pm lunalee hadn't expressed any sort of suspicion of TH prior to having made speedchuck vote for him, or anything else other then an general awareness of his existence

she had him as town in her apparently literal gun to head list, then later she commented that she didn't remember much of what turnip head had done
Yes I don't remember Luna expressing any suspicion of TH prior to the forced vote.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

speedchuck wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:32 pm
juliets wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:59 pm It's mostly because of the wand issue though. I had marked Luna off my suspects list until I found out she had the wand, compelled speed to vote Turnip, and says she just picked the two of them for no reason. I find it hard to believe a smart woman like Luna wouldn't have tried to use her item strategically or at least for some reason.
And because she does something you think is un-strategic, you think she's scum? How does that make sense?

This is just another symptom of the "You're playing sub-optimally so you must be scum" mindset that I got in trouble for in Hogwarts Mafia, Everyone's-Cursed Mafia, etc.
Whoa, slow down there partner. Read my earlier posts. The main reason I think she is bad is the compelled vote on the same day that the other forcer compelled me to vote TH as well. That appears to be coordinated. Could there be another explanation? Sure - thats why I asked others what they think. But why isn't Luna arguing with me about that?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Kylemii wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:30 pm were the poll day 0 items expirant? would there have been a rush to use the wand asap?
I have the radio, and it does not have an expiration. I know that when I have an item, or a one time power, I tend to use it ASAP in case I get killed, but that is me. I have the willpower of a three year old.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

juliets wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:37 pm

Whoa, slow down there partner. Read my earlier posts. The main reason I think she is bad is the compelled vote on the same day that the other forcer compelled me to vote TH as well. That appears to be coordinated. Could there be another explanation? Sure - thats why I asked others what they think. But why isn't Luna arguing with me about that?
I have commented on that as well. But the above quoted post still exists, and is not about the coordination.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

speedchuck wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:39 pm

I have commented on that as well. But the above quoted post still exists, and is not about the coordination.
Yes, I don't back off my thoughts about using the item more strategically. But it could be the baddie team wanted to double force early in the game before they lost the power to do it twice.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

question 3:

would it have been made public knowledge that lunalee had the wand at all, and that it was a vote force, and that she used it on speedchuck to make him vote for TH etc, if she hadn't revealed that herself?
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

wait nevermind i didn't read far enough, the answers to half of those questions were revealed by juliets
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

i see
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Kylemii wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:58 pm wait nevermind i didn't read far enough, the answers to half of those questions were revealed by juliets
ok

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

sorry i know i'm kind of just talking to myself here, but i'm trying to establish context without having to read anything, would mafia before day 2 have expected TH to be a solid lynch contender on day 2? particularly more solid than sloonei?
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Kylemii wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:11 pm sorry i know i'm kind of just talking to myself here, but i'm trying to establish context without having to read anything, would mafia before day 2 have expected TH to be a solid lynch contender on day 2? particularly more solid than sloonei?
Well he only got two votes day 1 but personally it did not seem like things were building to a TH Lynch on day 2. I was confused as to why I was compelled to vote there except I had voted for him on day 1.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Lunalee
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 126

Post by Lunalee »

cause I already told you what happened, and I can't really force you to accept that. I see no reason to argue with you about what you think happened.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Ancient Greece Mafia - civilian - loss
U-Pick Mafia - mafia - loss
Retrocausality Mafia - mafia - loss
Mega Man Mafia - mafia - win
Hogwarts Mafia - civilian - loss
Side Missions
Image Mafia - civilian - loss
Courage the Cowardly Dog Mafia - civilian - loss
Heists
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me - civilian - loss
Friends Mafia - civilian - loss
Daily Fantasy Mafia - civilian - win
Everyone's Insane! - mafia - win
Space Force - civilian - loss
Burglaries
Murder on the Owl Express - third party - loss
Operation Refrigerator Restoration - civilian - win
One Hour Werewolf - Tanner - loss
Awful Overplayed Dadrock Mafia - civilian - loss
Dethy Game - civilian - loss
Special Games
Two-Headed Monster Mafia - civilian - win
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Lunalee wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:34 pm

cause I already told you what happened, and I can't really force you to accept that. I see no reason to argue with you about what you think happened.
ok

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

Long Con wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:26 pm Luna, have you had suspicion of and/or voted TH? Can't remember.
I did sort of suspect TH for his interactions with DH, but I didn't vote Turnip since it was close to EOD and he had no chance of getting lynched.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 134
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

Why are you so convinced she's town?
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Kylemii wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:11 pm sorry i know i'm kind of just talking to myself here, but i'm trying to establish context without having to read anything, would mafia before day 2 have expected TH to be a solid lynch contender on day 2? particularly more solid than sloonei?
My recollection was that he was among the pool of suspects but not at the top or anything. D2 there's still a big pool of course.
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

colonialbob wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:38 pm

Because Speed is super sweet like that and knows I don't like getting mislynched. :)
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Lunalee wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:42 pm

Because Speed is super sweet like that and knows I don't like getting mislynched. :)
Luna I don't want to mis-lynch you either but to move my vote I had to convince myself that it was a complete coincidence that you compelled speed to vote Turnip and someone likely mafia compelled me to vote him too.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

EBWOP: have not had

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman
Posts in topic: 123

Post by novaselinenever »

So we're not trusting Sprit? He vouched for her, and I switched earlier :workit:
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

novaselinenever wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:51 pm So we're not trusting Sprit? He vouched for her, and I switched earlier :workit:
Oh I need to look back at that vouch. I don't know what to believe nova, the wand thing looks so black and white to me. I keep thinking if I don't vote for her given that evidence I'm stupid. Yet maybe, just maybe, it's not what it seems.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Here's his post. It came during the lynch. Is this a vouch or an opinion?
sprityo wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:49 am Hey guys Luna is town :beer: another mystery solved

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

juliets wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:57 pm Here's his post. It came during the lynch. Is this a vouch or an opinion?
sprityo wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:49 am Hey guys Luna is town :beer: another mystery solved
Oh hey, that's cool.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

[mention]sprityo[/mention] come and tell us whether this is a vouch (you know it to be true) or an opinion based on her posts/behavior.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

No mechanical reason. Just a hunch. I've gotten used to reading Luna in mafia games a bit, I think.
I'd bet anything that Luna used the wand because she thought she'd be lynched D2 and wanted to use the cool item.
She might have made me target TH because he "Liked!" my surgery post, for lols.

The only thing I could remotely suspect her for in the game so far is that there were coordinated "possessions" with me and Juliets. At the same time, I see no mafia motive or reasonable suspicion beyond "this is so synchronized y'all" in that event.
Given that the Wand was a unique item, someone copying the power or using another item that duplicates the effect wouldn't be out of the picture. Anyway, I'm not voting for Luna over night action screwery that has no concrete scum leaning.

And if Luna were on a mafia team, they'd be screaming "NO, DON'T WASTE THE VOTE FORCING ABILITY ON DAY 2!" Just an afterthought.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman

juliets wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:57 pm Here's his post. It came during the lynch. Is this a vouch or an opinion?
It came at the start of this phase when I was the only one voting her. I took it as a result from the previous night, him having solved something just like with niju and LC.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

novaselinenever wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:29 pm
It came at the start of this phase when I was the only one voting her. I took it as a result from the previous night, him having solved something just like with niju and LC.
That could be what he meant - I'll see what he says. [mention]sprityo[/mention]

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

speedchuck wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:23 pm

No mechanical reason. Just a hunch. I've gotten used to reading Luna in mafia games a bit, I think.
I'd bet anything that Luna used the wand because she thought she'd be lynched D2 and wanted to use the cool item.
She might have made me target TH because he "Liked!" my surgery post, for lols.

The only thing I could remotely suspect her for in the game so far is that there were coordinated "possessions" with me and Juliets. At the same time, I see no mafia motive or reasonable suspicion beyond "this is so synchronized y'all" in that event.
Given that the Wand was a unique item, someone copying the power or using another item that duplicates the effect wouldn't be out of the picture. Anyway, I'm not voting for Luna over night action screwery that has no concrete scum leaning.

And if Luna were on a mafia team, they'd be screaming "NO, DON'T WASTE THE VOTE FORCING ABILITY ON DAY 2!" Just an afterthought.
Ok I get the underlined - but why are you coming up with that instead of Luna explaining it when I asked?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

speed it seems like you are trying to discredit me and my information instead of trying to consider it as part of the whole picture, calling it "night action screwery". I find that odd.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 90

Post by Elohcin »

Sounds like he got info. But I don't trust it. Not sprit, the info. You never know in these games.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Elohcin wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:53 pm
Sounds like he got info. But I don't trust it. Not sprit, the info. You never know in these games.
Gross
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

colonialbob wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:56 pm
Gross
you could like, vote Eloh with me.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Lunalee wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:00 pm
colonialbob wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:56 pm
Gross
you could like, vote Eloh with me.
Would that I could
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I was wondering who it was this time.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman

[mention]Lunalee[/mention] Who did you redirect all these nights?

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”