71%

Total votes: 17
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 384
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Re: Mafia: A World Asunder - GAME THREAD [Night 2]

Post by colonialbob »

speedchuck wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:50 pm Oh wait, nevermind that was the rules/playerlist/op. Seems like everyone got that. :smile:
:haha:
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

sprityo wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:21 pm
Tranq wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:49 am I woke up in the middle of the night and found myself about to be CFD'd so I made another last minute push for Wilgy. As I said before Wilgy could be the Hollow Man so I'm not necessarily wrong. On my square there's an item i found called the Mirror of Truth which told me he might be bad.
:ponder:
"He could be Hollow Man" is absolute garbage reasoning
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 145

Post by sig »

Told you wiggly was good also WE NEED TO STOP WITH CFD SHIT!!!!!!
It rarely helps town and had basically resulted in two civs dead.

We need to lynch sab shes mafia or a baddie no way around that.
She's also newer to TS and have played on other sites correct? If those sites allow infoduming which I'm sure they do then she's probably very skilled at deflecting info that plus peoples bias to infodunping here is why shes still alive and we lynched a civ.
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 629
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Anybody could be Hollow Man or forged. I don't think it's productive to dwell on that whenever someone dies. Keep it in the back of our minds, sure, but there's no real value in digging that hole every day.
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

sig wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:32 pm Told you wiggly was good also WE NEED TO STOP WITH CFD SHIT!!!!!!

She's also newer to TS and have played on other sites correct? If those sites allow infoduming which I'm sure they do then she's probably very skilled at deflecting info that plus peoples bias to infodunping here is why shes still alive and we lynched a civ.
Yuck.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Also not caught up all the way, but I dont want to lynch Mac, though i do think a sloonie lynch is becoming more viable.

Basically with the town leaders/high speed civs we need this strategy if they keep leading us wrong we need them gone. This is true fpr epi, mac, and sloonie. Since rhe longer they're alive and the more mislynches they led the more likely it is they're mafia
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

sig's vote was on DharmaHelper. No one else voted for DharmaHelper. Sig came on near the end of the day to shrug at every single case that existed. Sig then left. Sig is now blasting others for lynching wilgy.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

sig wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:34 pm Also not caught up all the way, but I dont want to lynch Mac, though i do think a sloonie lynch is becoming more viable.

Basically with the town leaders/high speed civs we need this strategy if they keep leading us wrong we need them gone. This is true fpr epi, mac, and sloonie. Since rhe longer they're alive and the more mislynches they led the more likely it is they're mafia
YUCK
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Also I'm finally done this semester, driving home tomorrow so starting Saturday I'll be able to dive in do some isos and really get down and dirty in this game. Unless I get abducted by aliens, eaten by West Virginia inbreds, orrrrrr decide I'd rather not post.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:34 pm sig's vote was on DharmaHelper. No one else voted for DharmaHelper. Sig came on near the end of the day to shrug at every single case that existed. Sig then left. Sig is now blasting others for lynching wilgy.
I mean i blasted them when I was here to. Anyone who knows Wilgy knows that was a bad vote and more active players agreed with me. And tbf Mac was also on DH and I'd have not switched over to ttranq so my vote would've been wasted against that bandwagon.
ImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 168
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:08 pm No guys seriously its 6.

4 dead roles. And 2 extra roles in the OP.

QED
4 dead roles, 2 roles that are in the game and in the op :mafia: why make the list 32 when the requirement is 30?
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

I need to know how/when/where tranq got that item, because not only does it sound contradictory, but im pretty sure it's a lie to compensate for mislynching wilgy

a half assed sounding one at that
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

by "it" i mean that entire post and what info he said he got
Banners:
ImageImageImage
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 1004

Post by DharmaHelper »

sprityo wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:39 pm I need to know how/when/where tranq got that item, because not only does it sound contradictory, but im pretty sure it's a lie to compensate for mislynching wilgy

Oof.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Mafia: A World Asunder - Night 2

Post by Sloonei »

sig wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:32 pm Told you wiggly was good also WE NEED TO STOP WITH CFD SHIT!!!!!!

Yuck.

~~~ Edited by Long Con and JaggedJimmyJay back to its original form.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:32 pm

Yuck.
:srsnod:
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Oh so you're saying we were on mafia before the CFDs? Interesting.

Your sabie reasoning is trash
Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 348

Post by Enrique »

Yuck.
This is good, actually.
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 113
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

sprityo wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:39 pm I need to know how/when/where tranq got that item, because not only does it sound contradictory, but im pretty sure it's a lie to compensate for mislynching wilgy

sprityo when you say it sounds contradictory are you just saying it's contradictory because wilgy flipped civ or do you mean something else? I think all of us would like to know how/when/where tranq got the Mirror but I don't think he can respond to at least some of that per the rules. Thats my take at least.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

sig wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:34 pm Also not caught up all the way, but I dont want to lynch Mac, though i do think a sloonie lynch is becoming more viable.

Wtf we have 30 people and I'm assuming something like 12-14 are civ, lynching 2 civs the first 2 days is always the most likely outcome.

Also I'm still reading but I don't see sloonei driving a wilgy train at all so far. Mac correctly called the wilgy lynch as Garbo, iirc Epi wasn't a fan either.
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

colonialbob wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:10 pm

Wtf we have 30 people and I'm assuming something like 12-14 are civ, lynching 2 civs the first 2 days is always the most likely outcome.

Also I'm still reading but I don't see sloonei driving a wilgy train at all so far. Mac correctly called the wilgy lynch as Garbo, iirc Epi wasn't a fan either.
EBWOP 12-14 aren't civ
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief
Posts in topic: 177
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/herself/they

Post by sabie12 »

Actually I've never played on another site I was on this site playing from 2014 to 2016 so all this info dumping stuff is completely new to me I dont remember that being a thing before. I've explained a few times that I was here then had a brain tumor and was out of the game for awhile and came back recently. I dont know how any of that led you to the conclusions you're making now.
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

colonialbob wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:12 pm
colonialbob wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:10 pm

EBWOP 12-14 aren't civ
Haha I was looking at that 12-14 number and thinking he thinks we've only got 12-14 civs? How could that be?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Enrique wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:08 pm

Yuck.
This is good, actually.
my post or sig's?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

sig is lamenting both the wilgy lynch, and the late bandwagon which was pushed as a counter to the wilgy lynch. Like, what?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

juliets wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:08 pm

sprityo when you say it sounds contradictory are you just saying it's contradictory because wilgy flipped civ or do you mean something else? I think all of us would like to know how/when/where tranq got the Mirror but I don't think he can respond to at least some of that per the rules. Thats my take at least.
if he "FOUND" it on the map like he said he did, then i know he's allowed to
Banners:
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

also i clarified "it" in teh post below it juliets

in any case im referring to something else
Banners:
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

I can already tell, this is gonna be one of the games where I get night killed

im not getting threatened with being lynched every 5 sesconds
Banners:
ImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

sprityo wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:23 pm
juliets wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:08 pm

if he "FOUND" it on the map like he said he did, then i know he's allowed to
Ok thanks. I thought we couldn't discuss specific map locations.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 97
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

It's pretty much exactly the same as your telling us about the old woman in the woods--except that he isn't taking the information as solid fact. At least that's how I'm reading things.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 185

Post by speedchuck »

Enrique wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:08 pm

Yuck.
This is good, actually.
I'm in the yuck camp myself as well
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

sabie12 wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:13 pm

Actually I've never played on another site I was on this site playing from 2014 to 2016 so all this info dumping stuff is completely new to me I dont remember that being a thing before. I've explained a few times that I was here then had a brain tumor and was out of the game for awhile and came back recently. I dont know how any of that led you to the conclusions you're making now.
You're just so skilled I assumed you had experience on other sites. :beer:

Either way consider it a compliment I think you handled the accusation really well in a scum way.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

See this is a cultural thing imo, on most sites I've played on. you get info and theres either a counter claim and the original accuser gets lynched or whomever theyve got info on is lynched.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:18 pm sig is lamenting both the wilgy lynch, and the late bandwagon which was pushed as a counter to the wilgy lynch. Like, what?
Yes.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

And the secondary portion of my thing, re mac, epi, and sloonie was more a general thing. Just in case I die I wanted to throw that out.
ImageImage
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief
Posts in topic: 177
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/herself/they

Post by sabie12 »

sig wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:48 pm

Either way consider it a compliment I think you handled the accusation really well in a scum way.
Nice backhanded compliment there. I just know I'm playing an honest game and I'm not lying which is why I come off so calm about everything. Being civ I dont have to lie about anything I know I'm good and I'm playing the best I can.

Also what am I deflecting and is there a difference between mafia and baddies? aren't they the same thing?

Also also assuming things about my life and what I do outside of this site is not really an argument against me is it?
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

sabie12 wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:56 pm
sig wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:48 pm

Nice backhanded compliment there. I just know I'm playing an honest game and I'm not lying which is why I come off so calm about everything. Being civ I dont have to lie about anything I know I'm good and I'm playing the best I can.

Also what am I deflecting and is there a difference between mafia and baddies? aren't they the same thing?

Also also assuming things about my life and what I do outside of this site is not really an argument against me is it?
Assuming you've played on other sites is something that makes perfect sense. It's very important to figuring out strategy and what not so no need to be aggressive.

And nah I use term scum, baddie, and Mafia Interchangably.

See I think you're doing a good job of looking calm and .maybe you are, but that combined with info is enough to lynch you. Especially in the early game.
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

sig wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:50 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:18 pm sig is lamenting both the wilgy lynch, and the late bandwagon which was pushed as a counter to the wilgy lynch. Like, what?
Yes.
What should we have done?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

sig wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:50 pm And the secondary portion of my thing, re mac, epi, and sloonie was more a general thing. Just in case I die I wanted to throw that out.
"Guys let's lynch our leaders because they've led us on mislynches even though none of them were really driving either of these lynches and Mac is kind of not leading anybody and epi was basically catching up all d2"

:shrug:
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:01 pm
Yes.
Looked for more people or consolidated on another lynch. Even gman would've been better. The last minute cfd was weird and wiggly was a wagon all day. And ik to a degree I'm arm chair quarterbacking, but men to bad.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

colonialbob wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:01 pm
sig wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:50 pm And the secondary portion of my thing, re mac, epi, and sloonie was more a general thing. Just in case I die I wanted to throw that out.
"Guys let's lynch our leaders because they've led us on mislynches even though none of them were really driving either of these lynches and Mac is kind of not leading anybody and epi was basically catching up all d2"

Mac agrees with me. In fact he used that same logic when he was left alive in Greek mafia I believe. :shrug:
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 1001

Post by MacDougall »

sabie12 wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:48 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:28 pm
sabie12 wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:53 am Just popping in for a second. I also was referring to the hollow man role that can appear civ when lynched. Its possible. Or it's possible we were just wrong. Wilgy never bothered to defend himself or do anything really so it's hard to tell. I will have to look more into the 5 people sloonei was suspecting and see where the tranq thing came from as it happened pretty quick. I had been suspecting quin before so I'll have to look more closely there. I think the inh suspicion comes from being unsure where his info came from all of a sudden out of nowhere at the end of the day after not being around for awhile and everyone thinking he was silenced. This end if day was weird to say the least.
Why does it feel like every post you make is formatted in those carefully constructed 5-6 line paragraphs that make a bunch of short comments in a few subjects each?

Just a random thought.
That's just how I talk. I have to try to type everything out on a phone and it's easier if I just try to get all my thoughts in one post rather than keep trying to go back. I cant really do a lot of copy pasting or going back and forth between pages and all that. I'm too poor to buy a laptop unfortunately.
DDL class shaming Sabie
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 1001

Post by MacDougall »

sig wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:03 pm
colonialbob wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:01 pm

Mac agrees with me. In fact he used that same logic when he was left alive in Greek mafia I believe. :shrug:
I agree with you. I also have a civ read on you. Sig and Mac vs. the world.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

I also find most things Sig is saying to be reasonable. The Wilgy lynch made some sense given the info we had and the way Sabie treated it but he is a very easy mislynch too and CFDs really are nonsense.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

For example I don’t see a problem with this ... independently of one another, it’s perfectly reasonable to dislike two competing wagons and be town.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:34 pm sig's vote was on DharmaHelper. No one else voted for DharmaHelper. Sig came on near the end of the day to shrug at every single case that existed. Sig then left. Sig is now blasting others for lynching wilgy.
My vote was on Kylemii as a lone lyncher. Am I scum?
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

colonialbob wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:03 pm

Oh so you're saying we were on mafia before the CFDs? Interesting.

Your sabie reasoning is trash
And I think his Sabie reasoning is pretty good. Something strange there as far as the old lady goes and her actions re: Wilgy don’t help her case one bit.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

What I’m gettinf at is, I’m in love with Sig.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

*getting
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

sig wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:02 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:01 pm
Yes.
Looked for more people or consolidated on another lynch. Even gman would've been better. The last minute cfd was weird and wiggly was a wagon all day. And ik to a degree I'm arm chair quarterbacking, but men to bad.
That’s not unfair. I wanted to change back to G-man at the end of the day but was prevented by technical issues and by the time I could have done it, everyone had moved off him and we had like 30 seconds left. But that in itself might suggest it wasn’t gonna happen. He’d also been a wagon all day, but never got more than 4 votes.

The Tranq wagon struck me as a push to shake things up and move away from the unsatisfying wilgy lynch. I don’t think it makes sense to criticize them in the same breath. Maybe instead we should ask why the votes were on tranq specifically, and not G-man. I don’t think that’s a deep mystery though.

My bigger concern is with the people who weren’t doing anything. I include you in that group. I include Quin. I include Enrique, Tranq, maybe some others once I’ve reviewed. My biggest takeaway from the deadline is how lifeless it was. Lots of people were hanging around the thread, but very few people seemed to care about what was happening. It seemed like there was a conscious energy conspiring to prevent us from moving away from the wilgy lynch.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”