SPACE FORCE [END]

Moderator: Community Team

Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 250

Re: SPACE FORCE [DAY 1]

Post by Dyslexicon »

speedchuck wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:35 pmI don't know any other scum games that Dunya has played. And even in that one, I took over in the first few days.
Aight, thanks. My attention always seems to go where I have the least information.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 201

Post by speedchuck »

The 'questions' thing is an interesting observation. As we know, Dunya is a high poster pretty much always. But generating questions is a lot easier than generating content. Could explain how Dunya was able to post so much as scum in AG, as scum usually have trouble posting that much and seeming sincere.
SIGNATURE:
Spoiler: show
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Scum the lot of you btw
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

speedchuck wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:36 pm The 'questions' thing is an interesting observation. As we know, Dunya is a high poster pretty much always. But generating questions is a lot easier than generating content. Could explain how Dunya was able to post so much as scum in AG, as scum usually have trouble posting that much and seeming sincere.
So do you think she is town here? Or do you think the question thing means this specifically? I won't dictate what you do, but it would be cool if you could see if you agree with my assesment. I really don't get dunya's "read" on me, and reacting to me saying hi. I also don't know her as a mafia player though.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:39 pm
speedchuck wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:36 pm The 'questions' thing is an interesting observation. As we know, Dunya is a high poster pretty much always. But generating questions is a lot easier than generating content. Could explain how Dunya was able to post so much as scum in AG, as scum usually have trouble posting that much and seeming sincere.
So do you think she is town here? Or do you think the question thing means this specifically? I won't dictate what you do, but it would be cool if you could see if you agree with my assesment. I really don't get dunya's "read" on me, and reacting to me saying hi. I also don't know her as a mafia player though.
I'm lazy, but I'll look at Ancient Greece if you link it.

I think, if you're right about the questions thing, then that observation skews town for Dunya here. Despite my attempt to walk away from the thread and look objectively, I've still not rescinded my suspicions. I have a light scumread there, that may change as I look at AG Dunya or review her posts.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Reread Daisy's ISO. It's not as bad as I thought. The couple of things that pinged me are just throwaway comments, and they may just be how she plays. It's been a while since I've played with [mention]Spacedaisy[/mention].
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

speedchuck wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:41 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:39 pm
I'm lazy, but I'll look at Ancient Greece if you link it.

I think, if you're right about the questions thing, then that observation skews town for Dunya here. Despite my attempt to walk away from the thread and look objectively, I've still not rescinded my suspicions. I have a light scumread there, that may change as I look at AG Dunya or review her posts.
Thread is here: http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... =27&t=1573

I don't feel much in terms of town or scum for anyone else really which is blah. If I were to go yolo I'd still say town for sabie and Luna.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

[VOTE: Quin] aubergine
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Nut is missing. <3
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Turnip, do you want to write us a poem?
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 79
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:48 pm Turnip, do you want to write us a poem?
I'm lurkin' while I'm workin' :keys:
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

I shouldn't even be here. But I'll be back later.

Space - Please go more in detail on your dunya read, if you can.
dunya - This is the real me and it's not a phase!

When do we get in a replacement for Nova? Blank spaces are boring.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Turnip Head wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:53 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:48 pm Turnip, do you want to write us a poem?
I'm lurkin' while I'm workin' :keys:
Good enough. :llama:
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 2
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:47 pm Nut is missing. <3
:( I could replace in bb
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Oof. I went through Dunya's ISO and found another inconsistency. Read not changing. Now to look at AG mafia...

Wait no, she was scum in FE mafia. What was she in AG? Ah, also scum. For someone who doesn't like being scum, Dunya sure has the worst luck with Jobs.

You could look at Fire Emblem, Dizzy.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

nutella wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:55 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:47 pm Nut is missing. <3
:( I could replace in bb
YES!
Lunalee
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 178

Post by Lunalee »

dunya wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:44 am
Lunalee wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:30 am
dunya wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:07 am
Lunalee wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:49 am I don't think dunya's a good lynch option, and I'm okay with staying on TH since he thinks it's a good idea to lynch a very town-like dunya on day 1.
I'm little confused. What made you give me a very town-like read?
Your responses to suspicion seem very passionate. I don't think you would have that tone if you were scum. But I could be wrong.
I appreciate that, but you indicated I'm "very town-like dunya" after asking around for a better grasp on town/scum dunya and not getting a response. so what does "very scum-like dunya" look like?
You know, I don't really know what scumya looks like. But I can generally decide if someone looks like they are playing a town game or not. I mean, if I'm wrong, do tell. :p
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Ancient Greece Mafia - civilian - loss
U-Pick Mafia - mafia - loss
Retrocausality Mafia - mafia - loss
Mega Man Mafia - mafia - win
Hogwarts Mafia - civilian - loss
Side Missions
Image Mafia - civilian - loss
Courage the Cowardly Dog Mafia - civilian - loss
Heists
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me - civilian - loss
Friends Mafia - civilian - loss
Daily Fantasy Mafia - civilian - win
Everyone's Insane! - mafia - win
Space Force - civilian - loss
Burglaries
Murder on the Owl Express - third party - loss
Operation Refrigerator Restoration - civilian - win
One Hour Werewolf - Tanner - loss
Awful Overplayed Dadrock Mafia - civilian - loss
Dethy Game - civilian - loss
Special Games
Two-Headed Monster Mafia - civilian - win
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

speedchuck wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:55 pmYou could look at Fire Emblem, Dizzy.
I will, sometime, probably.

This is why I should stop playing mafia. I can't leave it alone. But I should prepare for the national Scrabble championship this weekend. Cause that's the kind of person I am.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Re: SPACE FORCE [DAY 0]

Post by speedchuck »

Anyway, on the one hand, we have this:
dunya wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:20 pm i'm not being arrogant btw, i just mean when i'm town and under suspicion, i'll fight for my life and never give up till i convince the rest of town. :) especially when i'm vanilla which is my fav role to play #ballstothewall style cos i got less to lose by being crazy.
dunya wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:45 pm If we all made our minds up at first read, what's the point of mafia? Anyway I think I've had enough of this tonight. Good night.
Dunya got dat town fire when she town. But in the post she made after I was done firing my suspicion cannons at her, she didn't seem ship-shape. All hands were not on deck. It seemed as if I had dashed her against the rocky coasts of being yelled at a bunch, and I felt bad about splintering her timbers.
Would she have this sort of tone as town? According to her, no.

-

ON THE OTHER HAND, Dizzy rightly pointed out that in Ancient Greece mafia, Dunya asked a lot of questions. I skimmed about halfway down the first page and it was immediately evident. That game had posts like "Why?" and "I don't think you understand my question" and "I dunno" and "Wasn't it weird?" There were some substantiated reads among the questions, not as much strong intuition.

In this game we have "TH is bad" and readlists and... idk, maybe it's because it's day zero, and maybe it's because she came after me, but Dunya seems to both be having more fun this game (excepting the above observation) and more fire and feels free to say and do whatever.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 441

Post by dunya »

i'm human, speed. i'm 8 hours ahead of people in EST zone. i am doing an intensive seminar irl and barely sleeping as it is. i don't really have the oomph and time to go back and forth with you and TH till early morning repeating myself and being misunderstood. so when i say i've had enough for the night, it means that literally and i'm going to bed. i wish i was 2017 or early 2018 dunya, but late 2018 dunya and onwards is going to look different.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Well if we're not lynching dunya idk what I want to do. Dyzzy came in all hot and townlike so I won't be voting there, despite what I said earlier.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

i don't want people to townread me because i'm reasonably tired at 3am, but i don't want people to scum read me for it either ok? the expectations people have of you in games makes it really hard to enjoy if that's going to be the case.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

speedchuck wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:11 pm But in the post she made after I was done firing my suspicion cannons at her, she didn't seem ship-shape.
also please, i was with you tit for tat for the duration of your "setting dunya up for a scumslip" series of posts. that last post of mine was after your "liar" post because I reread your game mechanic post and had a change of heart. i didn't even think you were serious in it, and i'd had enough for the night.

i'm really sorry town. it seems every game i'm in as a civ, a day 1 is wasted on someone arguing with me and every one else is not discussed. i promise next game i ever play, i will be a scarce poster.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Turnip Head wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:24 pm Well if we're not lynching dunya idk what I want to do. Dyzzy came in all hot and townlike so I won't be voting there, despite what I said earlier.
how do you feel about Luna? on one hand, I want to believe Luna is sincere and the whole "she looks really scummy early in the game" fits her meta as a carefree civ who doesn't really consider what they are posting, and just says whatever comes to mind. do you feel the same way?
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

dunya wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:25 pm i don't want people to townread me because i'm reasonably tired at 3am, but i don't want people to scum read me for it either ok? the expectations people have of you in games makes it really hard to enjoy if that's going to be the case.
I'm just making observations. I don't want to be an arse about it.

About 90% of the stuff you've said today reminds me of MK mafia day 3 more than anything else anyway (I've just now been rereading it). And besides, despite your self assessment earlier in the game, I don't think I've ever seen you outwardly discouraged as scum either. Gonna call that one null.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

dunya wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:29 pm i'm really sorry town. it seems every game i'm in as a civ, a day 1 is wasted on someone arguing with me and every one else is not discussed. i promise next game i ever play, i will be a scarce poster.
:hug:

I'm just playing the game. This is day one, and I feel like we're getting a lot out of it.

"i will be a scarce poster."
liar :p
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Lunalee wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:56 pm
dunya wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:44 am
Lunalee wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:30 am
dunya wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:07 am
Lunalee wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:49 am I don't think dunya's a good lynch option, and I'm okay with staying on TH since he thinks it's a good idea to lynch a very town-like dunya on day 1.
I'm little confused. What made you give me a very town-like read?
Your responses to suspicion seem very passionate. I don't think you would have that tone if you were scum. But I could be wrong.
I appreciate that, but you indicated I'm "very town-like dunya" after asking around for a better grasp on town/scum dunya and not getting a response. so what does "very scum-like dunya" look like?
You know, I don't really know what scumya looks like. But I can generally decide if someone looks like they are playing a town game or not. I mean, if I'm wrong, do tell. :p
from recent memory, you've played with scum dunya in Ancient Greece and Image Mafia (not sure a solid comparison can be made with the latter but whatever). You played with town dunya in U-Pick. I just don't understand why you've been asking everyone what scum dunya looks like when you've seen her, and even commented on not trusting me as much in U-Pick after my performance in Ancient Greece (i believe that was you, tho you were scum there). so to assume you have no idea whatsoever what "scumya" looks like doesn't really fly by me. :shrug:
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

speedchuck wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:33 pm "i will be a scarce poster."
liar :p
i'm not a native English speaker. my definition of scarce is not yours. ;) well that's my excuse and i'm sticking with it.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

After rereading the tone and intent of Dunya's posts, as well as some previous scum games, my read on her has gone from like 85% scum to maybe 25% scum. There are some inconsistencies to reconcile, and those mostly boil down to WIFOM.

linki: TBF to Luna, I'm still trying to figure out what Scumya is. I don't think I've seen her caught (and I've also always been on her team).
Haven't read over Luna yet, though.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

i just feel like Luna was feigning her ignorance of what scum-dunya looks like to try and throw shade at me, then took a different approach when she felt like it was going to backfire or felt like i already had ample heat on me. that's where my head is at but i don't want to omgus anyone (though i have had a healthy dose of Luna suspicion since day 0), so i'd like to hear others weigh in on that.

what other thoughts has luna provided in this game that you can recall off the top of your heads? that's another concern of mine considering she's 4th highest poster with 24 posts. discuss.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

i might flip quin and luna's positions on my rainbow sheet. just cos i feel like quin is very disconnected in some ways and not as engaged in discussion and shit flinging as i feel scum quin would be.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

dunya wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:31 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:24 pm Well if we're not lynching dunya idk what I want to do. Dyzzy came in all hot and townlike so I won't be voting there, despite what I said earlier.
how do you feel about Luna? on one hand, I want to believe Luna is sincere and the whole "she looks really scummy early in the game" fits her meta as a carefree civ who doesn't really consider what they are posting, and just says whatever comes to mind. do you feel the same way?
I do feel that Luna is less careful as a civ which gets her into trouble, and feel like the opposite is true when she's bad. But I don't have an opinion on her play in THIS game yet. Nothing's popped out
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Huh. Luna was in AG.

Has Luna even played a game with Town Dunya?
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Luna did latch onto my No Lynch comment, which could be seen as opportunism by a baddie
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

speedchuck wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:48 pm Huh. Luna was in AG.

Has Luna even played a game with Town Dunya?
U-Pick. she was scum.

I can't recall any others.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Turnip Head wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:49 pm Luna did latch onto my No Lynch comment, which could be seen as opportunism by a baddie
but she did it so carelessly and quickly that i have trouble imagining scum-luna doing it, or more like: i don't wanna be wrong and mislynch luna for being spontaneous acting on impulse.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

apart from nova who i don't have content to analyze, i can say i'm still genuinely comfortable lynching dizzy today.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

does someone know dizzy's last scum game on here?
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 75

Post by Spacedaisy »

Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:54 pm I shouldn't even be here. But I'll be back later.

I see dunya working to stir up conversation. I also see her tossing out a lot of gut reads. I can’t havedone anything to establish myself as town At the time she town read me. She’s either town or she’s buddying me. I don’t see anything else at the moment that raises any red flags, so for now I am leaning town on her. And I think her approach looks more town than bad.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief
Posts in topic: 34
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/herself/they

Post by sabie12 »

I know I dont post that much but I haven't been here in awhile and at times I'm just trying to process what everyone is even talking about. People on here have a way of talking especially when you all know each other and everyone's playstyles and I'm doing my best. I'm not a go in guns blazing accusing everyone day 1 type player. I'd prefer not to mislynch a town person especially since we're such a small group. So I'm working on it. As of right now I'm leaning towards dizzy for randomly throwing suspicion around.
I'm unsure on dunya because I would read her as scummy but it sounds like from what most people are saying this is all just her playstyle and she is just very talkative.
I dont like the idea of voting for the no show on the off chance a replacement is found especially if it ends up being a town role.

The role outing comments is what I was referring to as going either way because one the one hand they could be trying to protect them but on the other they may be doing it to see who they want to kill off.

Random thoughts as of right now.
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

thanks for the reads, sabie. i don't think any of our prs should be thinking about role claiming on d1 either, but that's my opinion.

are you finding me scummy solely because of how much i post? i will always make the argument that a quiet town makes a scum win a breeze but then again, i'm not a quiet scum so people would probably roll their eyes. i will say to not just follow everyone's opinion, and if you feel something is off with me definitely pursue it. you might change your mind about me along the way and get some insight on other people. if there's anything you wanna ask to help you get a better understanding on anyone here, also feel free to ask me. i've played with everyone except you and Dizzy before. :)
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Spacedaisy wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:05 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:54 pm I shouldn't even be here. But I'll be back later.

I see dunya working to stir up conversation. I also see her tossing out a lot of gut reads. I can’t havedone anything to establish myself as town At the time she town read me. She’s either town or she’s buddying me. I don’t see anything else at the moment that raises any red flags, so for now I am leaning town on her. And I think her approach looks more town than bad.
i town read you cos i'm your brain twin. ;) <3333 we know when we town, gurl.
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Post by sabie12 »

dunya wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:21 pm thanks for the reads, sabie. i don't think any of our prs should be thinking about role claiming on d1 either, but that's my opinion.

are you finding me scummy solely because of how much i post? i will always make the argument that a quiet town makes a scum win a breeze but then again, i'm not a quiet scum so people would probably roll their eyes. i will say to not just follow everyone's opinion, and if you feel something is off with me definitely pursue it. you might change your mind about me along the way and get some insight on other people. if there's anything you wanna ask to help you get a better understanding on anyone here, also feel free to ask me. i've played with everyone except you and Dizzy before. :)
It stems from my past experiences on here. I found sometimes people who were the baddies talked a lot and tried to dominate the conversation to sway people away from them. Luna had initially pinged me due to the wanting to be scum comment as well as voting so soon without a lot of explanation. But I haven't noticed much since then. Just trying to keep up with the conversation as best I can.
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

why aren't you lynching dunya?
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

dunya wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:42 pm i just feel like Luna was feigning her ignorance of what scum-dunya looks like to try and throw shade at me, then took a different approach when she felt like it was going to backfire or felt like i already had ample heat on me. that's where my head is at but i don't want to omgus anyone (though i have had a healthy dose of Luna suspicion since day 0), so i'd like to hear others weigh in on that.

what other thoughts has luna provided in this game that you can recall off the top of your heads? that's another concern of mine considering she's 4th highest poster with 24 posts. discuss.
Not feigning ignorance. Ancient Greece was a while ago, and I forgot you were scum in it.

Also I'm 4th highest poster? Cool. :D
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

sabie12 wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:23 pm You're right I am pretty excited about the fact that I got a good role on my first game coming back!
IDK what a 'good role' is. If it means town (in general), then what's the point of this statement? 77% of the players in this game are town.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

[mention]Quin[/mention] hasn't said much. What are your thoughts Quin? Why do you want to lynch me today? And what do you think of speed and TH voting dunya?
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Post by sabie12 »

speedchuck wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:00 pm
sabie12 wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:23 pm You're right I am pretty excited about the fact that I got a good role on my first game coming back!
IDK what a 'good role' is. If it means town (in general), then what's the point of this statement? 77% of the players in this game are town.
That was in reference to a comment that was made before it that I was responding to. I wouldn't have just randomly said that. Good role meaning town yes.
~Darren Shan~
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

sabie12 wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:09 pm
speedchuck wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:00 pm
That was in reference to a comment that was made before it that I was responding to. I wouldn't have just randomly said that. Good role meaning town yes.
Ah, I see.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

dunya wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:35 pm
why aren't you lynching dunya?
Because speedchuck said scumya asks lots of questions, and you haven't done tha- hey waitaminute...

Return to “Previous Heists”