Doctor Who Mafia [FULL GAME]

Moderator: Community Team

birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 6

Doctor Who Mafia [FULL GAME]

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Are you ready for excitement, adventure, and a journey through time and space to interesting places and events? Maybe, yes.

Or maybe you'd prefer to sit back on the sidelines and watch it happen from afar because you're a wuss? Maybe, yes.

Or maybe you just like things like bananas, bow ties, cowboy hats (both of which are obviously cool), and timey-wimey...ummmmm...stuff. Mayyyyybeeeee, yeeeeeessssss.

Well if any of that interests you, than this is the mafia game for you. Coming soon to a hosting poll near you...
Doctor Who: Mafia Edition

Co-hosted by birdwithteeth11 and bea

More details coming soon...
Last edited by birdwithteeth11 on Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Re: Doctor Who Mafia [FULL GAME]

Role List

Civvies (19)
The Doctor: The last surviving Time Lord in the universe. He travels through time and space in the TARDIS (Time and Relative Dimension in Space), which is disguised as a police phone box. Usually he travels with a companion or companions. Comes off as mysterious and eccentric initially, but often shows that he is much more complicated than he appears. He cares deeply for his companions, and as such, every night he searches for one of them. Every time he finds one, they permanently gain BTSC. If he manages to find at least 3 of them, he gains a special power. *Secrets*

Rose Tyler: The Doctor's main companion for Series 1 & 2. Starts off initially skeptical of the man who saved her from the Plastic People, but grows to develop an attachment for him. Even to the point of loving him. She searches every night hoping to find The Doctor. Gains BTSC with him if she does so. If she finds Sarah Jane Smith however, the two of them get into a jealous argument with each other, and neither of them are able to search for The Doctor the following night.

Martha Jones: The Doctor's main companion for Series 3. Was a medical student interning at a hospital, until one day, the hospital was transported to the moon. This is where she initially met The Doctor. Develops strong feelings for him, but becomes frustrated when he does not reciprocate them. Mostly this is due to his grief over losing Rose. She searches every night hoping to find The Doctor. Gains BTSC with him if she does so.

Donna Noble: The Doctor's main companion for Series 4. Is very head-strong and brash, and does not put up with some of The Doctor's antics. But despite coming off as harsh, the two of them develop a very strong friendship. She searches every night hoping to find The Doctor. Gains BTSC with him if she does so.

Amy Pond: One of The Doctor's main companion for Series 5, 6, and Part 1 of Series 7. Is a very sassy, funny, and passionate woman. Her and The Doctor develop a very interesting dynamic over the course of their time spent together. Loves her fiance/husband Rory Williams more than anyone. She searches every night hoping to find The Doctor. Gains BTSC with him if she does so.

Rory Williams: The other main companion for Series 5, 6, and Part 1 of Series 7. Is initially insecure with The Doctor, because he thinks Amy loves him more than Rory. Gets over his insecurities when he realizes she doesn't, proves himself a hero many times over, and ends up marrying Amy. He searches every night hoping to find The Doctor. Gains BTSC with him if he does so. Also, given how strong his love is for Amy, he was willing to wait and guard her for almost 2000 years for her to wake up. *Secrets*

Clara Oswald: The main (and to-date, current) companion of The Doctor who premiered in this role in Part 2 of Series 7. Very saucy and sparky personality-wise, but there's something odd about this girl. Hasn't The Doctor seen her somewhere before? She searches every night hoping to find The Doctor. Gains BTSC with him if she does so.

River Song: A time traveler as well, however, her and The Doctor's events are both out of synchronization. The first time The Doctor meets her is apparently the last time she meets him. During the Doctor's eleventh incarnation, she appears as an occasional companion. There is much more to tell about her, but shhhhhhhhhh...spoilers...Every night, she searches for The Doctor. If she finds him, she gains BTSC and...perhaps something else. *Secrets*

Jackie Tyler: The late-30s mother of Rose Tyler. She is wary of The Doctor at first and views him as a danger to her daughter. Eventually she warms up to him however. The first time she met The Doctor, she tried to seduce him (rather unsuccessfully) in a very awkward manner. Each night, she attempts to seduce another player, insanifying them for the subsequent day and night.

Mickey Smith: Rose's on/off boyfriend in the series. A bit of a goof and a clown, he ends up losing Rose for a significant period and struggles with coping with the dangers involved with her newfound friend. He grows and matures however and ends up proving himself later on. If he is targeted by a night action, a coin is flipped. *Secrets*

Captain Jack Harkness: A time traveler and former con man from the 51st century. Unlike The Doctor, Jack is more a man of action, and prefers a direct, albeit sometimes blunt, solution to problems. Initially comes off as very arrogant and "sure of himself". Given his immortality, he is extremely difficult to kill. Sometimes. *Secrets*

The Face of Boe: A being that resembles a gigantic human-like head. According to legend, he is as old as the universe itself. Perhaps even older. Regardless, he has lived a very long life and has seen much of the universe, growing very knowledgeable and wise from it. His knowledge and wisdom allows him to know who represents the greater good and who seeks out more nefarious ends. Each night, he may check another player's alignment.

Sarah Jane Smith: A companion with the Third and Fourth incarnations of The Doctor. Often considered to be one of the favorite, if not all-time favorite, companions from fans. She makes a cameo appearance an an episode during the Tenth Doctor's tenure along with K-9. Given her skills as an investigative journalist, she is good at uncovering the truth, allowing her to lie check one statement from any player each night.

K-9: A 51st century dog originally acquired by the Fourth Doctor. He makes a cameo appearance during the Tenth Doctor's tenure. He contains a powerful laser in his nose, and has extensive encyclopedic knowledge as well as a very advance computer intelligence. He can use his knowledge to reveal 3 truths which will be included in the night post. However, due to him being in need of some mechanical repairs, some of his inner circuits will cause some of the 3 "truths" to be false statements.

An Ood: A memeber of a race of telepathic aliens. While they initially appear as an enslaved race that can become hostile, they're actually very peaceful. Assuming you come in peace. *Secrets*

Wilfred Mott: Donna's maternal grandfather. He has an interest in alien conspiracies, which makes him a bit eccentric. This is coupled with his astronomy hobby, which has made him spend countless nights staring into the sky with his telescope. His interest in aliens causes him to know if he is targeted by an alien or human if he receives any night actions.

Madame Vastra: A member of the Silurian race from prehistoric Earth. After being pacified by The Doctor, she overcame her hatred for humans and became a consulting detective for Scotland Yard. *Secrets*

Jenny Flint: The wife of Madame Vastra. You are an expert at hand-to-hand combat, martial arts, and swordfighting. *Secrets*

Strax: A member of the Sontaran warrior race. You were demoted to a nurse, forced to heal the injured as punishment for being defeated by The Doctor. You often assist Madame Vastra and Jenny Flint, but they prevent you from acting on your more violent outbursts and ideas. For now though, you are allowed to act out on some of those urges because you are the civ ninja.

Baddie Team 1: The Daleks (4) Kill on Odd Nights

Emperor Dalek: The leader of the Dalek race. Your goal is to cleanse the universe of any "unfit races". In other words, kill everyone who is not a Dalek. Your team selects which member will carry out the kill on odd nights. *Secrets*

Dalek Sec: The leader of the Cult of Skaro. You are responsible for leading experiments on how to evolve the Dalek race. *Secrets*

Dalek #1: An ordinary Dalek *Secrets*

Dalek #2: An ordinary Dalek *Secrets*

Baddie Team 2: The Cybermen (4) Kill on Even Nights

The Cyber Controller: A ruler over lesser Cybermen. Can direct them to carry out the objectives of the Cybermen (to "upgrade" the lesser beings into Cybermen, thereby rendering them absent of emotion). You team selects which member will carry out the kill on even nights. *Secrets*

Cyberman Head: Oh no! You lost your body somewhere and you can't remember where. Every night you try to search for it. *Secrets*

Cyberman #1: An ordinary Cyberman *Secrets*

Cyberman #2: An ordinary Cyberman *Secrets*

Independent (1) Kills Nightly

The Master: A renegade Time Lord and archenemy of The Doctor. As a child, he was forced to look into the Untempered Schism as all Time Lords did. However, he went insane as a result of this. The only thing he seeks is the death of The Doctor and the enslavement of the universe with himself as the ultimate ruler and ultimate Time Lord. He will stop at nothing to achieve these goals. *Secrets*
Last edited by birdwithteeth11 on Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Hedgeowl »

EXTERMINATE!!! I want to play this game, use the TARDIS, and then play it again!
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 1
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

Cool. I've not seen Dr. Who, but I like Torchwood. Maybe if you like how this game goes you could host a spinoff!
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Mongoose wrote:Cool. I've not seen Dr. Who, but I like Torchwood. Maybe if you like how this game goes you could host a spinoff!
I'm actually considering that, depending on how this game goes. We'll see though.

Also, roles have now been added! Yay! :yay:
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Hedgeowl wrote:EXTERMINATE!!! I want to play this game, use the TARDIS, and then play it again!
Haha if you had your own TARDIS, you could definitely do that!
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 4
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

This is impressive. I know you've put a lot of thought into this and it's awesome to have you and bea both hosting it. Should be one hell of a mindfuck, but a good one at that. Definitely cannot wait to play this!!
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Only questions I can think of now after letting the outline sink in is regarding The Doctor's BTSC. It seems he could grow quite a large web of BTSC; when he gains BTSC with companions, do his companions gain it with other companions as well or does he maintain separate BTSC with each companion?

Just another question - Is there a limit to the number of BTSCmates he can have? It doesn't seem like it, but was curious.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

MovingPictures07 wrote:Only questions I can think of now after letting the outline sink in is regarding The Doctor's BTSC. It seems he could grow quite a large web of BTSC; when he gains BTSC with companions, do his companions gain it with other companions as well or does he maintain separate BTSC with each companion?

Just another question - Is there a limit to the number of BTSCmates he can have? It doesn't seem like it, but was curious.
To the first, I'm not entirely sure yet. I'm leaning toward keeping it separate (albeit that would be a LOT of work for the person who gets The Doctor's role) simply because I think it would be more balanced. But I tried to balance it out some with the baddies' abilities so I might leave it as BTSC between all of them. I still have several weeks/months to decide on this so I'm not rushing it.

To the second, no. It will remain at either 6 or 7. I decided to switch Sarah Jane's ability to something else since she's more relevant in Classic DW. And I'm leaning toward not giving River BTSC if she finds The Doctor. I figured if he gets BTSC with half of them, that basically gives him a 50% chance of gaining his special power. And I think those odds are fair enough given what I made it.... ;)
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

Mongoose wrote:Cool. I've not seen Dr. Who, but I like Torchwood. Maybe if you like how this game goes you could host a spinoff!
From what I've seen of Torchwood, I definitely prefer Doctor Who (DW is WAY more family-friendly). I also want to get into the Sarah Jane Adventures at some point.

And I might play, but I'm already hosting one game and signed up for another, so I don't want to commit just yet. But it is the Doctor...
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

DFaraday wrote:
From what I've seen of Torchwood, I definitely prefer Doctor Who (DW is WAY more family-friendly). I also want to get into the Sarah Jane Adventures at some point.

And I might play, but I'm already hosting one game and signed up for another, so I don't want to commit just yet. But it is the Doctor...
The good news is that this game wouldn't start until sometime in 2014. So there's plenty of time for you to decide.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Only questions I can think of now after letting the outline sink in is regarding The Doctor's BTSC. It seems he could grow quite a large web of BTSC; when he gains BTSC with companions, do his companions gain it with other companions as well or does he maintain separate BTSC with each companion?

To the first, I'm not entirely sure yet. I'm leaning toward keeping it separate (albeit that would be a LOT of work for the person who gets The Doctor's role) simply because I think it would be more balanced. But I tried to balance it out some with the baddies' abilities so I might leave it as BTSC between all of them. I still have several weeks/months to decide on this so I'm not rushing it.

To the second, no. It will remain at either 6 or 7. I decided to switch Sarah Jane's ability to something else since she's more relevant in Classic DW. And I'm leaning toward not giving River BTSC if she finds The Doctor. I figured if he gets BTSC with half of them, that basically gives him a 50% chance of gaining his special power. And I think those odds are fair enough given what I made it.... ;)
Makes sense.

Looks sweet either way!
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Dom »

10000000% in
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
bea
Racketeer
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

Yea!!!!!! :D
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

this isn't in the poll, will it be played?? :3
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Dom wrote:this isn't in the poll, will it be played?? :3
It better be.

Or BWT should be EXTERMINATED. :dalek:
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

He has not picked up the PM I sent him a few days ago, I will contact Bea. I was planning on leaving submissions open till Monday.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Hedgeowl »

*Spoilers* I am now caught up through Season 6, so ready to go! Hoo Whooo!
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Season 7 sucks anyhow :p

Return to “Mafia Game Submission Archive”