Re: Mega Man Mafia [Night 2]

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Name some names, Chuckles.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 414

Post by speedchuck »

Specifically Sloonei and Sprityo. I will have your heads on a pike. (I actually don't remember who all was here, but I think at least one of you were.)

I townread Infected Alien, LC, Mac, Nutella, and then maybe Quin and JoH.
SIGNATURE:
Spoiler: show
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 55
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Which ping from Bullzeye are you calling forced ignorance?

I meant the game itself. Literally almost every player is name Something Man

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 503
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Why do you townread Alien?
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 55
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I'm dipping out, feel free to lynch me tonight. :grin:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Marmot wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:43 am Which ping from Bullzeye are you calling forced ignorance?
The 1-24 player bit.

If it's cheekiness, that part is null-ish. But for someone saying "I read the rules" you'd thik he'd just say 4, like a reasonable person who read the roles.

I'll get you in a minute, Jack
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Lunalee
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 70

Post by Lunalee »

Marmot wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:23 am
speedchuck wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:15 am @Marmot I ask you to give me a single read on a person. Or more if it pleases you.
And to answer this question, everyone is mafia until I have proven otherwise.
I don't like Marmot.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Ancient Greece Mafia - civilian - loss
U-Pick Mafia - mafia - loss
Retrocausality Mafia - mafia - loss
Mega Man Mafia - mafia - win
Hogwarts Mafia - civilian - loss
Side Missions
Image Mafia - civilian - loss
Courage the Cowardly Dog Mafia - civilian - loss
Heists
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me - civilian - loss
Friends Mafia - civilian - loss
Daily Fantasy Mafia - civilian - win
Everyone's Insane! - mafia - win
Space Force - civilian - loss
Burglaries
Murder on the Owl Express - third party - loss
Operation Refrigerator Restoration - civilian - win
One Hour Werewolf - Tanner - loss
Awful Overplayed Dadrock Mafia - civilian - loss
Dethy Game - civilian - loss
Special Games
Two-Headed Monster Mafia - civilian - win
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:44 am Why do you townread Alien?
Infected_alien8_ wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:15 am Very initial first impression of the thread: Jay feels off, don't know why though
Jay was using a different playstyle. I read this as genuine. Alien is new to the site, new to Jay, but noticed the meta difference.
Infected_alien8_ wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:45 am He has a town read on me?

Also is talking about what we were told in our role PMs allowed? Using that as an argument?
Ignorance of the best kind. Site-specific rules, and something the mafia wouldn't want to talk about.
Infected_alien8_ wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:53 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:51 am
Quin wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:49 am JaggedJimmyJay

What's up with your alien town read?
He’s played one game with me. I was a stencil-drawn factory-built version of JJJ with all of the fixings. To start this game I am nothing of the sort. He is still new enough to my play to genuinely wonder if this is my meta:

Civilian: go ham

Mafia: dick around
Why do you think me pointing out you're off makes me town though?
Doesn't just accept a townread from JJJ as pacification. Pushes for answers.
Infected_alien8_ wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:15 am Reads: Jack is town, sloon is mafia, mac is slightly suspicious but not as much as sloon, same with eloh

Sloon stuff all in one place, sorry if it's not in order (probably isn't):
Sloonei wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:34 am
speedchuck wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:16 am I think the reason people suspect Quin is because his "what are tha rules " posts were the most fake-sounding
How has your read on Quin progressed since then? Who else are you looking at besides sprit? Thoughts on the Sloonei bandwagon?
Again feels like he's trying too hard. I don't believe this comes from a genuine place, asking how the read has progressed since then - he's only just said the read, why is he expecting it to have progressed at all? Just not buying it

Sloonei wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:10 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:01 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:00 pm I never suspected you, Long Con. I just wanted to make conversation happen.
Why didn't you ever suspect Long Con?
Because I just saw him as a player working on his understanding of the game and/or trying to get others involved.

I encouraged discussion of luna’s points about him because I wanted there to be a new avenue for the conversation to flow in. The posts she highlighted did reflect a pattern, so I didn’t want to deny the discussion of them. I don’t find the pattern suspicious at this time.
If you just wanted discussion out of it, why did you vote him?
Sloonei wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:17 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:36 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:15 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:08 pm i just don’t know about you sloobei
What would you like to know?
are you trying to do good sloonei things or to look like a good sloonei thing
both
Feels unnatural somehow? It seems silly since it's just a post saying 'both' but this post really pings me lol

Sloonei wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:01 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:53 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:19 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:51 pm [VOTE: Quin] aubergine
why?
He's giving me funny feelings :ninja:
Can you describe these funny feelings? Or tell me which posts they come from?
Feels like he's trying too hard? I just don't buy that he genuinely wants to know the description of the funny feelings or which posts they come from - I think he'd just accept it as a townie and put it down to a gut feeling or something so the fact he's trying to dig into it feels like he's just trying to look as townie as possible by questioning everything he can

Sloonei wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:42 pm
nutella wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:36 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:10 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:01 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:00 pm I never suspected you, Long Con. I just wanted to make conversation happen.
Why didn't you ever suspect Long Con?
Because I just saw him as a player working on his understanding of the game and/or trying to get others involved.

I encouraged discussion of luna’s points about him because I wanted there to be a new avenue for the conversation to flow in. The posts she highlighted did reflect a pattern, so I didn’t want to deny the discussion of them. I don’t find the pattern suspicious at this time.
jesus christ can this get any worse

"I wanted to steer the discussion in a new direction, namely into a possible bandwagon on a player I actually don't suspect at all!"
Literally get accused of this on Day 1 of every game that I play. I want to steer the discussion in directions that I think might prove fruitful. It doesn't matter who I suspect or don't suspect off the bat, what matters is that discussion takes place so that there is something substantial to work off of in the present and future. The discussion is not intended to reflect solely on the player being discussed (Long Con in this case), but also all of the people who will participate in it afterwards (lunalee, nutella, potentially everybody else in the game). This is yuck.
If you get accused of this in every game, why did you suspect the person who found you suspicious for it? Surely you're used to it and don't see it as scummy?

Sloonei wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:50 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:44 pm Reading the thread back, I don’t like any of you motherfuckers.
Aggressive (re)-entry. This promises to be good. Right?
ColinIsCool wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:51 pm
sprityo wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:23 am Hi everyone, we’re here to have a fun time and be friendly to eachother, right?! Let’s do our best to have a beautiful day :daisy:
Absolute fucking scum here
Okay. Why?
ColinIsCool wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:54 pm I’m kidding you guys, you’re all swell. But some of you are bad.
Lunalee wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:19 pm Long Con's posts strike me weird. He apparently didn't read the rules or his role pm, and instead askes all game-mechanic questions in thread. Concerning the mafia recruitment aspect, he asks: It's still up for grabs?
Then posts a bunch of questions on how to approach this game: What are we dealing with here? How do we even mafia in this game?
Then asks, "have recruitment decisions been made?"
But then suddenly understands everything well enough to place a vote on speedchuck based on his game mechanic questions.

I don't view Long Con as being an ignorant player, which is why all his questions confuse me. Is he bad and trying to look like an ignorant townie? Or is he really that bad at reading the rules? I would be okay with voting Long Con today.
Luna’s not bad though.
Walks back the prior aggression and assigns a "not bad" read to Luna. Why?
ColinIsCool wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:03 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:07 pm it’s kind of fascinating to play like a goober because i have read nearly everything and still have no clue what’s going on. the only difference is my general apathy and it affects all of my reasoning and intuitive skills.

cool
Jay is apathetic because Jay is scum and he doesn’t have to put any effort into solving or reading anything, even — he just has to live or confuse the hell out of people if he can’t. I’ll take one (1) winner’s banner please
This is not a thing I could see JaggedJimmyJay doing as scum. I don't agree with this post, but I don't know if I dislike it either. I could see reason for scum Colin to want to provoke town Jay, but it doesn't have to be the case.
ColinIsCool wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:11 pm Good: Luna, Mac, Jack, Nutella, Speedchuck

Bad: Quin, Sloonei, Long Con, JJJ
Why? x8
ColinIsCool wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:14 pm I can elaborate on any of those reads upon request but my laptop is vomiting all over itself so it’s a little hard to be thorough on mobile
I see. I'll wait for all the elaboration.

ColinIsCool wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:47 pm [VOTE: SLOONEY] aubergine

I'll try to keep tabs on this tomorrow
:meany:

In conclusion: nothing here that is explicitly bad, but there's also an absence of things that I'd say are definitively good. Imma keep an eye on Colin for now.
This whole thing felt like busy work - why did you post this if there was no conclusion from it, and no substantial takes that could generate discussion?

Also the "Walks back the prior aggression and assigns a "not bad" read to Luna. Why?" pings me because it's like he felt the need to include the "Walks back the prior aggression" part to make this line seem more noteworthy/thought out when it doesn't really mean anything to me
Sloonei wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:13 am I could see this is a scum dipping their toe in the waters. There's a half-serious implication that Jay's behavior is out of character, which carries with it the potential suggestion that Jay is anti-town, but nutella is not directly taking a stance. Instead she's just floating the possibility that something is amiss here without actually addressing it specifically. :smoky:
Or, you know, she's just observing that Jay said a weird thing.
Again feels like busywork, no conclusion, just two different interpretations so I don't really understand the purpose if he's town

Sloonei wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:13 am I kinda like this post even though it's not entirely clear what she's saying at any point. She seems to purposefully conceal her reason for suspecting Quin earlier, and gives a vague, but not empty, explanation for her speedchuck vote. I don't take her vagueness here to be the sort of hesitant waffling that I'd associate with scum players. Rather, I see it as a player who's drawing from a real train of thought and not bothering to fill in all the blanks for the thread. There's nothing wrong with that and her words look sincere here. Townie point.
I don't understand why you think it comes from a real train of thought as opposed to hesitant waffling (personally I don't have an opinion on it) so this read feels fake as well
Sloonei wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:30 am [VOTE: ColinIsCool] aubergine again. Because his posts don't offer anything strong to hold onto and if anyone's an opportunistic bad guy of those 5(!?) voters on me right now, it's him.

Holy shit 5 of you decided to vote for me? Get those off. Shameless emotional appeal incoming: I've been screaming for this game to start for a month. Don't lynch me on Day 1. Not to mention that I'm town.
This worked on me :(

--

Jack stuff
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:25 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:18 am
speedchuck wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:30 am
Sloonei wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:47 am How many bad robots do we think there are?
Good way of look at whether people read the rules or not.

This isn't a closed setup, dude. It's an open setup with most details hidden.
So how many bad robots are there?
Hottake: Only one scummed is pretending to not know how this game works and it’s probably this guy.
I like this post, town read it, don't know why but I just do
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:17 pm Hottakes: Nutella (in spite of SC vote) and Mac are town.
I think Jack is town, I guess I'm a sucker for his hot takes

--

Eloh stuff:
Elohcin wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:23 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:54 am
Long Con wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:52 am So, what are we dealing with here? Closed setup, and we don't even know which roles are on the bad team.

So, what is the method of catching someone on Day 1? Ask questions and hope someone slips up?
Create a whirlwind of a thread by facilitating maximal activity. Ask questions, make comments, and hurl accusations at every opportunity. The thread needs to be a pressured and even stressful environment.

I ain’t got no time fo’ dat today so y’all get busy.
So in other words, "y'all get started and get the dirty work done and I will come back in here before the vote and make my assessment on which bandwagon I should jump on." Sounds bad to me. My first accusation is on YOU. Not only just this post. But, this post was given at12:54am. You then go on posting frequently until 3:08am. That is over 2 hours. And you have no time to ask questions, make comments, hurl accusations? There was no opportunity for that? Then you must have slept or something because you came back in the early pm posting exactly 9 hours later. At 1:48pm you talk about what you will do once you feel like actually playing the game. Again, you post frequently for 1 hour (1:48pm-2:42pm) not really saying anything. I do NOT like Jay in Mega-Man, I do not like him, Sam-I-Am.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

@Jack - I always post early on and often. I just don't often say much game related crap because I am too busy trying to keep up with the reading in the little bit of time I have to devote to mafia.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm pretty sure you wouldn't have noticed this unless you were specifically eyeing jay, and I don't understand why you'd do that so I'm suspicious of this - feels like a targeted attack, agendary

--

Mac stuff:

Don't have the quotes but his attention seems to be on nitpicking what, to me just seem like grammatical errors, and poking at them from the 'scumslip' angle. It feels slightly like an easy way to sink his teeth into the thread as mafia - a bit too easy/simple, and I haven't seen anything to make me think he's making any in depth reads yet, and from memory he did that pretty early on last game

But my memory sucks so
Effort. Genuine reasons for read. Reads good tone-wise.

And such. The rest of his ISO looks pretty good. He voted for Mac, and Mac could easily look scummy to someone not used to his playstyle.

He's also playing by the seat of his pants, rather than being organized. That's the kind of thing that can get you caught as scum, and based on the recent scum game he's played, I don't think he's capable of faking it that well. (No offense to Alien.)
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

I can dig that read.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 432
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Marmot wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:18 am
speedchuck wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:15 am @Marmot I ask you to give me a single read on a person. Or more if it pleases you.
Here are 5 reads on Turnip Head.

Turnip Head
Turnip Head
Turnip Head
Turnip Head
Turnip Head
I can't believe you don't purple-read me.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Jack, do you think I killed Jimmy?
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 3

Post by DFaraday »

I know if I try to catch up from the beginning I'm never going to catch up, so I'm just coming in now and will go from here. Does anyone know why Day 2 might have been skipped?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

DFaraday wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:16 pm I know if I try to catch up from the beginning I'm never going to catch up, so I'm just coming in now and will go from here. Does anyone know why Day 2 might have been skipped?
No idea here.

I recommend looking at the end of day 1, or checking some of the short ISOs. It's not too much.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 85

Post by Bullzeye »

speedchuck wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:48 am
Marmot wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:43 am Which ping from Bullzeye are you calling forced ignorance?
The 1-24 player bit.

If it's cheekiness, that part is null-ish. But for someone saying "I read the rules" you'd thik he'd just say 4, like a reasonable person who read the roles.

I'm a very sarcastic person.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Bullzeye wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:22 pm
speedchuck wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:48 am
The 1-24 player bit.

I'm a very sarcastic person.
Oh, suuuuure you are.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 300
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

DFaraday wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:16 pm I know if I try to catch up from the beginning I'm never going to catch up, so I'm just coming in now and will go from here. Does anyone know why Day 2 might have been skipped?
My first guess would be that one of the roles of a dead player (Eloh, Jay, Colin) had a condition which would skip the following day phase upon their death, but I have no direct evidence of that. This is just the most common condition I've seen for skipped phases in my mafia experience.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

speedchuck wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:43 am Specifically Sloonei and Sprityo. I will have your heads on a pike. (I actually don't remember who all was here, but I think at least one of you were.)

I'm a busy boy and will make no apologies while I have the most posts in this thread.

Why do you townread Mac?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:05 pm
speedchuck wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:43 am Specifically Sloonei and Sprityo. I will have your heads on a pike. (I actually don't remember who all was here, but I think at least one of you were.)

I'm a busy boy and will make no apologies while I have the most posts in this thread.

Why do you townread Mac?
Three reasons.

1. Mindmeld
2. No pings
3. It's easier to read people in a Mac-town world for now. I can rely on his intuition and see what I find.

Happy to rethink that read when I have reason to.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:59 pm
My first guess would be that one of the roles of a dead player (Eloh, Jay, Colin) had a condition which would skip the following day phase upon their death, but I have no direct evidence of that. This is just the most common condition I've seen for skipped phases in my mafia experience.
Skipping a day phase is a mafia/anti-town power, yes?

So... either Mega-Man dying caused a bad guy's condition to trigger (way to rub salt in that wound), or Jay/Colin were townies that died and caused the bad guy to trigger (still sucks), OR one of Colin and Jay were somehow bad and their role let them hit us hard when they were vigged. I had a scum role once that would roleblock every townie in the game the night after I was killed. Something like that.

OOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Maybe some arrogant townie said COLIN IS DEFINITELY SCUM and had a one-shot power to trade a day phase for a free kill, sort of like a lynch controller but without the facadarce of votes and wasted day-phase time.

I've been ruminating.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Does [mention]White[/mention] know that we've started? :)
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

speedchuck wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:18 pm

So... either Mega-Man dying caused a bad guy's condition to trigger (way to rub salt in that wound), or Jay/Colin were townies that died and caused the bad guy to trigger (still sucks), OR one of Colin and Jay were somehow bad and their role let them hit us hard when they were vigged. I had a scum role once that would roleblock every townie in the game the night after I was killed. Something like that.

OOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Maybe some arrogant townie said COLIN IS DEFINITELY SCUM and had a one-shot power to trade a day phase for a free kill, sort of like a lynch controller but without the facadarce of votes and wasted day-phase time.

I've been ruminating.
I've seen it (primarily on RYM, though) as a town role which, when killed, triggers the next day to be skipped. It's a negative ability meant to emphasize the importance of that player being kept alive.

But Epi never played on RYM and I'm not as familiar with the traditional application of this mechanism in his experience. I wouldn't doubt that it could be an anti-town ability, although this is complicated by the nature of this game in particular: none of our roles are designated GOOD or BAD. The Robot Masters all were given roles without alignments. Alignments came later.
But, of course, we don't know for sure that any of our dead players were robot masters.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:57 pm

OOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I've been ruminating.
I've seen it (primarily on RYM, though) as a town role which, when killed, triggers the next day to be skipped. It's a negative ability meant to emphasize the importance of that player being kept alive.

But Epi never played on RYM and I'm not as familiar with the traditional application of this mechanism in his experience. I wouldn't doubt that it could be an anti-town ability, although this is complicated by the nature of this game in particular: none of our roles are designated GOOD or BAD. The Robot Masters all were given roles without alignments. Alignments came later.
But, of course, we don't know for sure that any of our dead players were robot masters.
Or robots at all.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
K-Ness
Posts in topic: 79

Post by K-Ness »

Day 1, Quin and Sloonei were probably the leading players pinging me hard. Jack, while giving me a town lean, has also been pinging me.

I find it really hard to believe that so many people wouldn't bother to read the rules.

Also, can I get an understanding as to why Elohcin was a viable lynch candidate?
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

K-Ness wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:26 pm Day 1, Quin and Sloonei were probably the leading players pinging me hard. Jack, while giving me a town lean, has also been pinging me.

I find it really hard to believe that so many people wouldn't bother to read the rules.

Also, can I get an understanding as to why Elohcin was a viable lynch candidate?
What has pinged you about Jack?
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 144
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

K-Ness wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:26 pm Day 1, Quin and Sloonei were probably the leading players pinging me hard. Jack, while giving me a town lean, has also been pinging me.

Spoiler alert: she wasn't
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 144
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

But yeah elaborate on your feelings about jack if you can. I'm having trouble sorting him out myself.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

nutella wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:46 pm But yeah elaborate on your feelings about jack if you can. I'm having trouble sorting him out myself.
:shrug:
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Turnip Head wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:26 pm Jack, do you think I killed Jimmy?
It’s a possibility.
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

OOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I've been ruminating.
Dang, that last option seems far-fetched, but if that happened, whoever did it deserves to get lynched.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Lunalee wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:25 pm

OOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I've been ruminating.
Dang, that last option seems far-fetched, but if that happened, whoever did it deserves to get lynched.
Even if they were right?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

It’s possible Mega Man’s lynch triggered the skipped phase.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:31 pm

OOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I've been ruminating.
Even if they were right?
no, not if they were right. but we have no way of knowing.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Sloonei wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:31 pm It’s possible Mega Man’s lynch triggered the skipped phase.
I’m working under this assumption. Princesses are nearly always town and Mega Man is a beloved character and one of only two surefire townies.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:21 pm
It’s a possibility.
I think it's very unlikely.

In fact, this alone gives me a light townread on Turnip.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Lunalee wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:32 pm

OOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I've been ruminating.
Even if they were right?
Then what was the point of your first post?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

speedchuck wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:34 pm
It’s a possibility.

Is it dumb I’m giving a light townread to Kyle for much the same reason?
No. It’s smarter than what you’re doing.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:36 pm
speedchuck wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:34 pm
It’s a possibility.

Is it dumb I’m giving a light townread to Kyle for much the same reason?
No. It’s smarter than what you’re doing.
:puppy: :scared: :pout:
Just... just give me a minute.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:33 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:31 pm It’s possible Mega Man’s lynch triggered the skipped phase.
I’m working under this assumption. Princesses are nearly always town and Mega Man is a beloved character and one of only two surefire townies.
Same.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Why couldn’t Kyle or Turnip Head have killed Jay?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:35 pm
Lunalee wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:32 pm

OOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I've been ruminating.
Even if they were right?
Then what was the point of your first post?
I would rather have a day phase to riddle out a good lynch candidate, than to think that some ninny traded it to lynch who *they* thought might be scum. Granted, this scenario is unlikely. I only bothered to say anything because the idea of it annoyed me.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:47 pm Why couldn’t Kyle or Turnip Head have killed Jay?
IDK why Kyle couldn't, but I'm willing to believe it if Jack explains.

TH was celebrating the fact that JJJ was posting in a fun way this game. TH IS a celebration of low-brow posting. I don't think he would kill JJJ, in this spirit of enjoying the game. And I don't think JJJ was being hard on him this game either, though I'd have to check.
JJJ is a good player, but in the last game TH was in, his team only targeted good players once they became a problem. I think.

So for meta reasons regarding who TH is, and based on the last game he played in, I find it somewhat unlikely he would kill JJJ.

THAT SAID, what if the rest of the team wanted to kill JJJ? Would TH stop them? :shrug2:
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

Analysis post commencing...
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Sloonei wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:47 pm Why couldn’t Kyle or Turnip Head have killed Jay?
The first thing I think of when I think of Jay this game is him yelling KYLE like 8 times without Kyle really noticing.

It’s not like he was pressuring Kyle but Jay’s death should draw focus to Kyle.

But Kyle’s teammate may have made the pick and I don’t get Cindykate kill choices anyhow.
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

Analysis post part 1:
Bullzeye gives his reason for voting Quin. He dislikes Quin's questions, and even after Quin provides a valid response, Bullzeye responds with basically "I'm going to say your response looks fake because I'm so set on voting for you." Not the best look.
DFaraday was definitely around on Sunday, but still hasn't bothered to engage with the thread until today. Could be legit busy, or mafia taking a back-seat role to avoid suspicion.
Dom has done very little other than vote for Eloh. Not a good look.
Dr. Wilgy checked in on day 0, but then forgot the game started until today. Nothing really to go on unless it's a brilliant mafia strategy of "just step away and pretend the game doesn't exist"
Soneji checked in on day 0 and hasn't been back. So I've got nothing.
Alien was actually quite active on day 1, but hasn't been back since. On day 1, Alien left his vote on Mac, even though he previously read "Jack is town, sloon is mafia, mac is slightly suspicious but not as much as sloon, same with eloh" I don't like his back-tracking here.
Marmot called me out for calling him an inactive. He actually has been fairly active, but he still hasn't said all that much.. Maybe it's just his playstyle, but I wouldn't be surprised if Marmot turned out to be scum.

Not done, but posting this for now. I'll finish up later this evening.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 237
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

I would kill JJJ as a baddie. :feb: But it wasn't me.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

[VOTE: Long Con] aubergine
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 240

Re: Mega Man Mafia [Night 1]

Post by Quin »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:56 am
Quin wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:39 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:53 pm
Simon wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:38 am Jack, why did you vote coliniscool?
He appeared to be my most lynchable suspect at the time but I didn’t realize people were about to move/had just moved to Eloh. The perils of doing the dishes during EOD.
Too convenient.
Come again?
Convenient because it let you avoid contributing to the lynch in any way when you were originally a decisive vote.

I also don't believe you thought Colin had the best chance of being lynched. You moved your vote to someone with one vote with two minutes left in the day without making a single post about it. Even a 'hey, i did this' spew would've been better than your silence.

How does one do dishes and play mafia at the same time? Water plus electronics does not a good couple make.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

oh boy i wish someone out there was kind enough to create iso links oh boy oh boy
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I didn't kill Jay. I need him in my corner tomorrow since he'd just flipped his read on me.

That's if Jay was the mafia kill, anyway.
ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Re: Mega Man Mafia [Night 1]

Quin wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:20 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:56 am
Quin wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:39 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:53 pm
Simon wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:38 am Jack, why did you vote coliniscool?
He appeared to be my most lynchable suspect at the time but I didn’t realize people were about to move/had just moved to Eloh. The perils of doing the dishes during EOD.
Too convenient.
Come again?
Convenient because it let you avoid contributing to the lynch in any way when you were originally a decisive vote.

I also don't believe you thought Colin had the best chance of being lynched. You moved your vote to someone with one vote with two minutes left in the day without making a single post about it. Even a 'hey, i did this' spew would've been better than your silence.

How does one do dishes and play mafia at the same time? Water plus electronics does not a good couple make.
Not nearly as quickly as my wife would like.

Okay. Sorry you don’t believe me. Between you and Eloh, it was pretty clear I suspected Eloh far more fwiw. Removing my vote from Eloh doesn’t do much for me if I was bad.

Return to “Previous Jobs”