DFS Mafia [ENDGAME]

Moderator: Community Team

Who is Big and Sexy and Failing Tonight?

Poll ended at Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:30 pm

abyssum
No votes
ColinIsCool
6%
DharmaHelper
No votes
JaggedJimmyJay
No votes
Kylemii
No votes
Lunalee
No votes
MacDougall
No votes
Marmot
No votes
M Plus 7
No votes
Russtifinko
No votes
sprityo
59%
Tsaiah
No votes
Turnip Head
6%
Big Sexy (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
29%

Total votes: 17
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 1094
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Re: DFS Mafia [Day 2]

Post by Tangrowth »

Incredible. Well played to everyone.

And thanks for playing here Robot. Sorry it wasn’t probably the best first game for you. Looking forward to another.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:40 pm
Kylemii wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:37 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:19 pm Alright, gang. Two for two. You know what has never happened on The Syndicate before (at least not in a standard-length game)?

Lynch a mafia team in straight sets with no mistakes. Let's not just win this game, let's blow it up like nobody before us. :noble:
is that true??
As far as I am aware, yes.
This is correct.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 426

Post by MacDougall »

DharmaHelper wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:50 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:49 pm Great job DharmaHelper. To celebrate I am going to use my role check on you tonight okay?
You said you did that last night.

Mac is the third and final mafia

This game was fun.
Yeah but I actually used my cop check on Turnip Head instead because I'm just a crazy guy.
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 215

Post by DharmaHelper »

M Plus 7 wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:50 pm Incredible. Well played to everyone.

And thanks for playing here Robot. Sorry it wasn’t probably the best first game for you. Looking forward to another.

You're so welcome. Unbelievably welcome. It must be awesome to be you, and to get to experience me.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Hey DharmaHelper, if you are a civilian I will tell people tomorrow after I cop check you with my cop check. Otherwise I will not.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 615
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Interactions of RobotNerd277 and abyssum

Things Robot said to/about abyssum

Spoiler: show
RobotNerd277 wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:51 pm Hmm, I had a sentence typed out about liking abyssum's reads and tone, but don't have specific evidence to point to what exactly I like and I don't care enough to hunt it down.

~~~

I like JaggedJimmyJay's take on abyssum in post #333. And his response in #342 to MP7 asking him about asking about Colin. I think I have a good townread on him.

These are extracted from a larger post when Robot was working to catch up. In the first moment she is content enough to toss civilian credit in abyssum's direction without qualifying why, which I think is a nice thing. If you're going to prop up your teammate I think you're more likely to point to something specific.

In the second piece I added the link to post #333 as she mentioned. My take there was quite vague (I thought abyssum seemed authentic in a certain string of Day 0 posts they made). This is similar to the previous post -- Robot is fine with abyssum finding a credible status early.

RobotNerd277 wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:12 pm
abyssum wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:05 pm
MacDougall wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:57 pm Why am I the focal point of so many people's attempts to read the game yet everybody is on the fence with it? If you have suspicions of me voice them, if you don't then go look at others and find someone you do. We'll be voting for people soon.
who are you the focal point for? wouldn't define most people's play so far as being Solely Focused On MacDougall; maybe at some point that was true, but i think it's progressed and there are plenty of other topics that people are throwing around

is there somebody particular you're targeting w this, or just a sense you have?
I think I pointed more of a finger at MacDougall than I did at most people, and the resolution to our interaction was "robot probably is just straight-up wrong and should read the whole gotdamn thread before posting"

ISOing MacDougall is definitely something I plan on doing in the night though.

I'm not really clear on why Robot made this post. It doesn't say much of anything, and the fact that it's a response to abyssum seems to be a matter of chance.

RobotNerd277 wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:35 pm abyssum - remarks their perspective on what's going on, and I found their insights useful to analyzing the thread iirc, (though I can't recall an example of that aff the top of my head.

Pulled from a bigger reads list. abyssum was one of six players to be granted the dark green color. The blurb is consistent with prior content -- positive remarks without having any idea why.

~~~

Things abyssum said to/about Robot not already covered

abyssum wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:57 pm RobotNerd277 - Robot seems to be in perpetual catch-up mode so far, which isn't AI, but is a good mode to be in if you want to avoid potential scumslips. says they're trying to get a read particularly on Mac, but i'm not certain as to why; they then ping Mac to ask for a reason to not be at the bottom of their reads list. their worry with MP7 and subsequent clearing-up of that worry is an interesting progression, but i'm not sure if i think it's town or not. like i mentioned briefly in Lunalee's section, Robot leveling a question about sprityo/Mac to Lunalee is weird and almost like they're expecting to be questioned on why they're asking Luna specifically. i might feel better once Robot real-times some more.

some points in their favor: says that strong townreads are good to have early on as long as you reevaluate (caveat: robot/tsaiah could be partners, but their other interactions don't make this the likeliest in my brain). read on Jay seems good and not necessarily conventional (gives a point about liking Jay's read on me specifically; Robot doesn't have a strong townread on me so it's likely not buddying, and w/ Jay being consensus town, they didn't have to give a reason that specific). rather minor points in the long run but i want to keep them in mind.

this read is really one more about conflicting pieces of evidence than anything, and me wanting to keep my eyeballs on Robot because of it. has Robot played here before or something?

they posted this while i was ISOing Russ and i hate it:
Wait why the sudden flip onto Kylemii? I'm willing to join the wagon, but I just don't understand why.
if you don't understand why the wagon is happening, why are you willing to join it?

abyssum was thorough in their presentation of this read, covering the pros and cons (in a way which adheres to deliberate format as opposed to an alien-styled waffle). The emerging color is orange, and I think that's a decent thing. A hard red might bug me more at this point given that Robot had barely done anything. abyssum was harsh in their criticisim of the Kylemii wagon comment, and I understand why.

abyssum wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:14 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:11 am Hey abyssum, I do have a question re: your reads list. I know you said you're going to bed so whenever you get to it.

How come you docked points from Robot for being in catch-up mode but not Tsaiah?
because Tsaiah hasn't been exclusively in catch-up mode & she hasn't been posting Big Catch-Up Posts (what i consider to be more in catch-up mode than just...catching up. being in catch-up mode isn't inherently scummy, but it does not give as much opportunity to find someone's content towny, if that makes sense

In response to MP's prod about a parallel between Robot and Tsaiah, abyssum expanded. I think their explanation is a good one. I appreciate the linguistic precision. :nicenod:

abyssum wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:07 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:51 pm @abyssum

Are you around? What are your reads right now? Top lynch candidates? I see you're also on Robot.
i'm semi-around but not entirely. i've been on Robot for a while now; the points that i made in my reads posts about Robot are ones that still stand. unlike you/Alien/Tsaiah(?), i don't have any meta on robot, so i can't offer anything of value there, but i still really dislike them saying that they like kylemii and then saying that they don't mind the wagon. i just cannot imagine that sort of behavior/thought coming from a townie; when i form a read (even a minor/light one) on somebody, i don't then want to hop onto their wagon just because a few other people are.

i know that they said that they didn't see any compelling reason to do so, but the eagerness to the possibility of joining that wagon rubs me the wrong way entirely.

It would seem that Kyle wagon comment suck with abyssum as a bonafide Issue, and that turned into a vote at some point (if I am understanding the context here correctly). abyssum is unforgiving. I honestly find the point a small one, but I don't fault them for their severity. The dialogue continues.

abyssum wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:52 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:52 pm ROBOTNERD_277
JAGGEDJIMMYJAY
mafia
town

Cool beans.

abyssum wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:32 pm @M Plus 7 wait wait you think that robot is similar to dC? how so?

While the context of this post is mostly beyond me (I wasn't attentive enough to the wild card game to know about dC's situation), the tone is appealing. MP drew a parallel which favored Robot, and the only living player with a clear understanding of whether that parallel could work was ready to question it.

abyssum wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:51 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:40 pm
abyssum wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:32 pm M Plus 7 wait wait you think that robot is similar to dC? how so?
Whaddya think of the Robot stuff right now?
honestly, not sure yet

i think i need to ISO Robot myself instead of just reading the interactions, but i did go through your post. overall, i think Robot/Alien is a more likely pairing than Luna/Alien; the way that alien engaged robot on things seemed more...intentional/careful somehow. he tiptoed around ever calling them much of anything until the last GTH reads where he called them town, which stands in contrast to his willingness to call basically everything from certain players off, or a bad look, or ping-y.

there's nothing in there that makes Robot automatically scum, but barring some nugget of pure towniness shining through in their ISO or D2 play, they're not moving very far up in my reads

I will say that abyssum kicked the can a bit here after reviewing my big sparkly case against Robot in the night phase. I don't think a desire to be thorough and check for oneself is an issue, but I would have anticipated a more enthusiastic response under the circumstances.

abyssum wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:48 pm i'll redo my pretty reads list format when the wind moves me but i think my poe for D2 is, in no particular order:

Robot
Turnip Head
Marmot
sprityo
DharmaHelper

folks may jump in and they may jump out but it's a good starting point IMO

Robot makes a POE list of five.

Hi Marmot! I can say POE again!

abyssum wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:10 pm WHEW hello folks i've had a rollercoaster of a day, but i'm around now <3

gimme a bit to catch up on the past couple of pages, but i'm gonna plonk my vote down on Robot again for now

Credit to abyssum for declining to kick the can once Day 2 got underway.

abyssum considers a sprityo or Robot dichotomy. The exploration is fine, though I'd like to hear where you stand on that now aby.

~~~

Conclusion

Overall I think the looks are good. aby's good standing is more solidly grounded than before.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Lunalee
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 91

Post by Lunalee »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:49 pm Unless y'all want me to role check someone else with my cop check that I have here?
I would check either DH or Colin. Up to you.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Ancient Greece Mafia - civilian - loss
U-Pick Mafia - mafia - loss
Retrocausality Mafia - mafia - loss
Mega Man Mafia - mafia - win
Hogwarts Mafia - civilian - loss
Side Missions
Image Mafia - civilian - loss
Courage the Cowardly Dog Mafia - civilian - loss
Heists
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me - civilian - loss
Friends Mafia - civilian - loss
Daily Fantasy Mafia - civilian - win
Everyone's Insane! - mafia - win
Space Force - civilian - loss
Burglaries
Murder on the Owl Express - third party - loss
Operation Refrigerator Restoration - civilian - win
One Hour Werewolf - Tanner - loss
Awful Overplayed Dadrock Mafia - civilian - loss
Dethy Game - civilian - loss
Special Games
Two-Headed Monster Mafia - civilian - win
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:52 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:49 pm Great job DharmaHelper. To celebrate I am going to use my role check on you tonight okay?

This game was fun.
Yeah but I actually used my cop check on Turnip Head instead because I'm just a crazy guy.
Oh? I might have missed it, but did you say what you found out about TH?
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Lunalee wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:57 pm

This game was fun.
Several times actually. :shrug:

Civilian.
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:57 pm
Lunalee wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:57 pm

This game was fun.
Several times actually. :shrug:

Civilian.
Oh cool. Hope you're protected tonight. Sounds like you're in a risky spot.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Yes I sure hope the Mafia don't kill me. If they do we might not win ... for a day or two.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Godspeed Jay. You're an inspiration. I'll check those out tomorrow after orientation assuming I have time.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

We got this, team. Let's not get complacent. I believe in us.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

M Plus 7 wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:02 am We got this, team. Let's not get complacent. I believe in us.
Yes heaven forefend we get complacent. We might not win the game tomorrow.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Interactions of RobotNerd277 and ColinIsCool

Things Robot said to/about Colin

RobotNerd277 wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:51 pm I like JaggedJimmyJay's reads (in and around this post) but I personally don't think there's enough in the thread to peg DH as scum. He seems pretty resistant to posting in force until Day 1 properly starts. That's a viewpoint I personally dislike, but I don't think it necessarily reflects on DH's alignment, just his character.

Alien's doing the same kinda catch-up postwall as I am. Here's the link. It's the first longpost I've seen in this game, so let's break it down.

I disagree with Alien about how MP feels about Tsaiah (in particular, a lock-town read is a Really Good thing to get early on so long as you do allow yourself to reassess and distrust that person later on, and also Tsaiah's ISO screams Good Bean to me). I do agree about Mac though. I am confused as hell about Mac.

Actually, you know what, MP7's eagerness to townread so many people is making me feel not great. Like he said he wants a solid town circle and then a POE, but I agree with Alien that he's just handing out townreads like, everywhere.

Can I give a read on Dragon D. Luffy? They're locktown whether or not they're playing okbye

okay, ColinisCool has the same feeling about MP, so it's not just Alien.

Remember this thing? :grin:

Colin looks sterling here. He is the civilian who agreed with alien's take, thus validating it enough that Robot could feel comfortable lending support to it herself. It isn't a confirmation for Colin, but I really like it.

RobotNerd277 wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:51 pm hmm, I feel like at this point I should have a stronger read on JaggedJimmyJay. He's questioning Colin, hard, which is a good and reasonable thing to do. I think I'm just tinfoiling against him.

Hmm, I had a sentence typed out about liking abyssum's reads and tone, but don't have specific evidence to point to what exactly I like and I don't care enough to hunt it down.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:42 pm Allow me to show each of you who aren't already aware the true genesis of "dogpee", from the beginning, before the old times, when your grandpappy's mafia team was in diapers.
fingersplints wrote: Fri May 29, 2015 11:57 am MP right now reminds me of a dog who is so excited he is just peeing all over everything. :shrug2:
omg
oh boy mp is gonna respond to everything levied against him in Alien's post. God I don't really want to read this, but I'm gonna have to eventually.

I like JaggedJimmyJay's take on abyssum in post #333. And his response in #342 to MP7 asking him about asking about Colin. I think I have a good townread on him.

Hello Turnip Head. If you posted before #355, I didn't see it. I'm gonna look into ColinIsCool once I catch up, I think (which at this rate will be night phase). I just made a todolist for this game. It just has "finish catchup" and "ISO Colin" on it.

---
Okay, my eyes are glazing over post #369 and I think I'm going to stop there for now. There's a lot of content, but this game isn't moving so fast that I can't catch up being a day behind, just I'm being a bit slow. Walls of text make me disengage, both when writing and reading them. But I evidently just straight up said something false about MacDougall because I didn't thoroughly pore over the thread and I don't really want to do that, so here I am. fwiw, I haven't seen anything to really change my opinion on MacDougall before like, my own interaction with him (which did change my opinion).

This is all from the same post. I separated it to make separate points. In this case, it appears to me that Robot is making it a priority to ISO Colin because I was "questioning him hard". I don't think that's actually an accurate depiction of anything I did, but it doesn't matter -- only Robot's perception of what I did matters. And she wanted to tag along beside me in my "hard questioning of Colin", which I think looks similar to alien tagging along when I voiced concerns about Russ and Kyle.

RobotNerd277 wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:57 am I think my giant catchup posts are proving detrimental to actually catching up so I'm gonna not do that and instead skim the last several pages and hopefully eventually get back to the beginning of the thread and have time to iso colin and mac. I haven't read anything since daystart and I should fix that immediately.

Colin remains on the to-do list a bit later.

RobotNerd277 wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:35 pm ColinIsCool - Asks a lot of questions and is involved in conversation. Seems okay to me.

That's a very weak reason to call someone a dark green civilian. I suspect though that Robot viewed "dark green" as less-civilian than "light green". If you view her reads list here that kind of bears out I think. I could be mistaken. Anyway, the Colin ISO never seemed to happen and he still got credit. That's a bit similar to Robot's dealings with abyssum -- "they look good but I dunno why".

~~~

Things Colin said to/about Robot

ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:15 pm Feel mostly good about:

Infected alien
Mac
Jay, but less so

Idk about:

Everybody except for MP, who is on notice.

If MP is bad, skimming his massive post suggests to me that his teammate(s) are either Kyle, Luna or RobotNerd.

This strikes me as arbitrary.

ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:39 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:32 pm Tell me where these people stand in your game view. I will consider the same.
I have almost no significant reads of any of them. Kyle is playing perfectly within his town meta but it’s a meta deliberately designed to help him as scum. Turnip Head is as imscrutable as ever and is unlikely to attract my ire unless he leaves evidence of wrongdoing — substance, not style. Colin is obviously town. RobotNerd felt alright.

A bit stanky. What is "alright"? Why?

ColinIsCool wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:27 am Goodie two-shoes: Jay, MP, Russ

Unsure, have points in both: Mac, Luna (tone-read), RobotNerd (tone-read)

Null: TH, Kyle, Marmot, Tsaiah and I guess DH. My only experience was in FWWM where DH was much less combative (literally building a coalition on D1 to try to solve/win) but that appears to not be the norm.

Could be bad: abyssum, Alien, Sprit

How do you tone-read someone as being "unsure, have points in both"? Also a bit stanky.

ColinIsCool wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:08 pm I think from now on I’m just going to lynch new people. Seems to be a compelling strategy so far here.
ColinIsCool wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:10 pm
MacDougall wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:09 pm Voting DharmaHelper. It's gonna take some serious effort to get deez hands from around dat throat.
What do you make of Jay’s case on RobotNerd?
ColinIsCool wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:37 pm I need to reread but could see myself voting for either Robot or DH right now.

In the spirit of debate, [VOTE: ROBOTNERD] aubergine

These are all Colin's most "immediate" (stretching the meaning of that term temporally) responses to the case I built on Robot. I appreciate the last one in that he acknowledged some merit in going after DH, but voted for Robot to generate poll intrigue.

ColinIsCool wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:45 am So, about Robot ...
RobotNerd277 wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:22 pm
Infected_alien8_ wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:40 pm
RobotNerd277 wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:53 pm here have my notes sheet that I decided like halfway through that I would post
#1065 - http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 22#p474422
DH keeps commenting on how he hasn't read the thread. This is annoying. I do agree that calling someone a pussy or a coward isn't the same as calling them mafia. That being said, I think JaggedJimmyJay is anything but that.

I'm not liking the JJJ + DH interactions? It reads as both townies, but being really distracting. I'm mostly just annoyed about that, but it doesn't read as scummy from either party.

#1094 - http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 55#p474455

ooooh spirityo has an iso wall of macdougall. Saves me the trouble for now!

Wait, has macdougall not actually posted a bunch of solid argument stuff? I figured it was somewhere in the 7 pages I hadn't read.

I'm not liking this "only person I have a negative read on" bit from spirityo but I'm still not a fan of mac. There's a lot to pick at in this thread. MP's willingness to throw "town" at people, DH's unwillingness to read the thread etc. Anyways, the end of spirityo's post is a bit yelly but he makes a point against Mac that I agree with. I still want to do my own iso because ~bad vibes~

#1104 - http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 7b#p474465

Agree with Kylemii. I hope there's an explanatino for how on eart you get a townread on DH.

pseudo-random-neuron-firing -> where's tsaiah?

#1114 - http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 80#p474480

wonderful, mac responded to spirityo's post. I should also answer those questions when I get around to it, because idk who I believe less tbh, spirityo or mac.

I feel like I should address the "melted like butter on a hot plate" thing but idk what to really say. I intend to take more of a look at Mac later? I probably should have done this last night instead of getting distracted but also whatever the past is in the past.

I... keep skimming over MP's posts. Sorry! I'll probably read what you have to say... eventually!
What about the 'only person I have a negative read on' part don't you like?
maintaining as neutral a stance as possible is pretty scummy. only disliking one person is just barely a step above that. I consider townreads not super relevant to that because it's much easier to say you like someone than you dislike them, you know?

that being said, spirityo hasn't like, demonstrated serious tunnel vision. just not-evaluated-the-rest-of-game vision, which is a pretty reasonable state of being. If they don't start reevaluating townreads, then we'll talk more.
Up to this point in her ISO, "maintaining as neutral a stance as possible" is pretty much how I would describe her reads. Go ahead and check it yourself, this is fairly early on in it, but it seems like while there are some slightly wary comments directed toward MP and DH at this point, almost none of it is "I think this person is scummy." I want to know if others feel the same way though.
ColinIsCool wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:47 am
RobotNerd277 wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:39 pm I feel like I should comment on being accused as scum but like, idk what you want out of me.
:eye: :eye:
ColinIsCool wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:49 am
RobotNerd277 wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:35 pm
abyssum - remarks their perspective on what's going on, and I found their insights useful to analyzing the thread iirc, (though I can't recall an example of that aff the top of my head.
ColinIsCool - Asks a lot of questions and is involved in conversation. Seems okay to me.
DharmaHelper - So I'm sure this read should change if I had read the last 20 pages, but at that point, DH hadn't done anything particularly useful? He seemed like he was gearing up for a Big Statement though.
Infected_alien8_ - Alien... annoys me tbh. Particularly wrt how he kept putting pressure on me and luna that one time.
JaggedJimmyJay - Helpful, asking questions of people, putting pressure down.
Kylemii - I don't have a solid read on them yet. I only recall them talking about one post that took them 3 hours to make. I don't remember what the post was.
Lunalee - I liked her response to my question about mac vs spirityo, and that's what decided my vote.
MacDougall - my negative read on mac initially came from early day 0 joking, and then asserting that he was never joking and this frustrated me. Afterwards he's been a good townie, contributing to game decently well.
Marmot - I haven't seen any Marmot posts.
M Plus 7 - Talkative as usual. day 0 was really willing to give out townreads. that (thankfully) didn't really keep up once he got the power to vote, putting pressure in places he wanted people to talk from.
Russtifinko - Likes ISOs and walls and I appreciate their analyses.
sprityo - In the spate against mac, spirityo came out looking worse.
Tsaiah - On day 0 she seemed super excitable and pure as fuck.
Turnip Head - Not particularly memorable. I don't see much in the way of serious posts in TH's iso.
I'm sympathetic to this list because Robot is new, it's early, and she's busy, but man, does it feel like there's a single ounce of suspicion in this? The yellows and oranges are there by default; sprit is in red as a result of an easy binay where Mac vs. sprit has a winner and a loser. I don't think I like this.

Colin did a little work of his own to investigate Robot and produced some original ideas. In a vacuum I suppose that is better than just hitching a ride on the wagon with a shrug. He continued to dig, and wasn't wholly critical in every comment. That's a good thing.

ColinIsCool wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:36 pm
Marmot wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:32 pm Popping in to give Robot a drive-by vote.
What do you like about the case on Robot?

It looks to me like he really wants to get something out of Marmot here. If Colin is bad, I'm not sure he is eager to do this -- highlighting Marmot's vote makes Marmot look better, and Marmot ought to be one of the mafia's best hopes for turning this around via mislynching him.

~~~

Conclusion

The most compelling thing to me is at the very beginning of the review, when Robot used Colin as a justification for the accusations being hurled by alien. He looks pretty good here.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

*pats self on the back for doing that in less than 20 minutes*

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Interactions of RobotNerd277 and DharmaHelper

Things Robot said to/about DH

RobotNerd277 wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:30 pm I wonder what the beef between DH and MP is? It looks to me like a joke.

~~~

okay phew the beef with MP and DH was just A Joke. Very agree with the Tsaiah love. Tsaiah is purer than snow generated from distilled water.

Okay. I have nothing to say about this. It's kind of pointless.

RobotNerd277 wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:51 pm I like JaggedJimmyJay's reads (in and around this post) but I personally don't think there's enough in the thread to peg DH as scum. He seems pretty resistant to posting in force until Day 1 properly starts. That's a viewpoint I personally dislike, but I don't think it necessarily reflects on DH's alignment, just his character.

Oh?

Not enough to peg him down? But it's still a good read?

:evileye:

RobotNerd277 wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:53 pm DH keeps commenting on how he hasn't read the thread. This is annoying. I do agree that calling someone a pussy or a coward isn't the same as calling them mafia. That being said, I think JaggedJimmyJay is anything but that.

I'm not liking the JJJ + DH interactions? It reads as both townies, but being really distracting. I'm mostly just annoyed about that, but it doesn't read as scummy from either party.

This is possible TMI in DH's favor.

RobotNerd277 wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:35 pm DharmaHelper - So I'm sure this read should change if I had read the last 20 pages, but at that point, DH hadn't done anything particularly useful? He seemed like he was gearing up for a Big Statement though.

It's one of three reads at orange or red. The language sounds more yellow (barely negative at all). I have no idea what the underlined thing is. Something she was told to anticipate in BTSC? :shrug2:

~~~

Things DH said to/about Robot

DharmaHelper wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:33 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:31 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:30 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:28 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:27 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:25 pm DharmaHelper, if you suspect me, then what is preventing you from placing the vote?
I just haven't gotten to it.
What do you suspect I am doing?
Harshing on my vibe, man. You're fucking up my whole aura.
The other player to receive as much shit as [or more than] you have received today is RobotNerd277. Do you have any thoughts about that?
No not really.

Okay. Super. :|

DharmaHelper wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:39 pm Vote = ROBOTNERD

DH hitched a ride on the wagon for some reason. Only [mention]DharmaHelper[/mention] could say why.

~~~

Conclusion

There's one point in his favor which demands discussion (the possible TMI I highlighted). The point before that looked equally bad. Otherwise it's more of the same for him. I'm not comfortable removing him from the POE pool.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Interactions of RobotNerd277 and Kylemii

Things Robot said to/about Kyle

RobotNerd277 wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:30 pm I think I like Kylemii. Not sure why. (Apparently MP agrees)

~~~

okay the reason I like kylemmi is because they're also a robot from the future sent to play mafia. high five! o/

~~~

@kylemii but actually, my history is that I've been playing mafia across many different sites since 2012, most recently of which was mafiauniverse, but like, I was one of the founding members of flightrising's mafia community, and I play a bunch at my school. I know a bunch of mafia players scattered around the web I think.

She likes Kyle but doesn't know why. That's a trend which I first noted in the abyssum review. The joke about being a robot from the future strikes me as organically new, as in something that couldn't have started in a BTSC -- the thread was her first exposure to him.

RobotNerd277 wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:53 pm #1104 - http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 7b#p474465

Agree with Kylemii. I hope there's an explanatino for how on eart you get a townread on DH.

She agreed with Kyle here, in a post where Kyle only requested that TH expand on a civilian read he'd stated on DH. This is a typical Something To Say moment which probably has no bearing on Kyle himself.

RobotNerd277 wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:41 pm Wait why the sudden flip onto Kylemii? I'm willing to join the wagon, but I just don't understand why.

This actually bugs me a bit in an "I hadn't suspected Kyle before, but I will dump my vote there if I must" kind of way. It's not a huge problem, but there you go.

RobotNerd277 wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:32 pm
Kylemii wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:08 pm
RobotNerd277 wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:30 pmI think I like Kylemii. Not sure why. (Apparently MP agrees)
RobotNerd277 wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:41 pmWait why the sudden flip onto Kylemii? I'm willing to join the wagon, but I just don't understand why.
robot, am i mafia?
I don't think so. I'm just generally willing to sheep people if they have good arguments, which I didn't see any of.

Actually the problem may resolve itself here. I like how Kyle looks in this follow-up. Continued here.

RobotNerd277 wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:35 pm Kylemii - I don't have a solid read on them yet. I only recall them talking about one post that took them 3 hours to make. I don't remember what the post was.

It must be stated that Robot colored alien yellow. Granted she actually said something about his play, whereas this is a nothing burger about Kyle.

~~~

Things Kyle said to/about Robot

Kylemii wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:26 pm robot nerd I trust her stew of consciousness catch up posts. she feels authentic to me.

His initial take is wrong.

Kylemii wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:25 pm
abyssum wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:58 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:56 pmNoted thanks aby!

Not sure why I thought you might have meta lol.

Otherwise yeah that’s the part that bothered me the most too but now that I’m wondering more about it it’s like sooo transparent for a scum strategy?
it's only too transparent if Robot remembered that they had said that about kylemii, though.
I don't think robots' comments about me represented a natural progression of reads, I think the initial "I like kyle" wasn't a serious read as much as a tone read, later on in the same post she jokingly said it was because of me being a robot from the future, which is still real and I hope none of you forgot about that. It's possible she forgot about making that comment.

the later post isn't weird because of contradiction but because it represents a willingness to "just go with whatever"

This commentary bears a pretty neutral appearance -- I cannot tell what Kyle's stance is based upon these words. That isn't my favorite thing. MP had the same concern, and Kyle's response confirms neutrality. Meh.

~~~

Conclusion

There are couple things that need to be addressed, Kyle. I'm not freaking out here, but I want answers. :nicenod:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

DH hitched a ride on the wagon for some reason. Only @DharmaHelper could say why.
Because he was bad and I am not, and I want very much to win.

ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Interactions of RobotNerd277 and Lunalee

Things Robot said to/about Luna

RobotNerd277 wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:40 pm
Lunalee wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:03 pm
RobotNerd277 wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:53 pm Whoops I kinda derped and MP reminded me of the existence of this game a few days ago but I still dropped the ball on checking when it would actually start but I'm here now.

Anyways, hi, checking in, gonna read the thread now.
Welcome RobotNerd! Pleasure to meet you. Good luck with catching up. For the highlights see DharmaHelper's posts :D
I'll iso them as soon as I at least skim the whole thread, which might be a little while (I'm heading out to donate blood soon)
I'm like 60% sure that was a joke but I really can't tell

Upon welcoming Robot to the thread, Luna directed her to DH's posts. My interpretation was that this was meant humorously (please clarify [mention]Lunalee[/mention]), but Robot interpreted it seriously. That sort of disconnect is a decent enough thing for Luna, if only barely.

RobotNerd277 wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:51 pm Lunalee's avatar is forcing me to trust her. Cannot resist! But actually, her comments on MP7 are pretty neutral.

This is one of those things that at first glance makes the eyeball twitch violently, but at second glance seems better for Luna. I'll allow myself to remain torn and ask for other input. It's probably an unimportant moment.

RobotNerd277 wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:54 pm Lunalee

I wanna hear more from you! Specifically, how do you feel about the spirityo v Mac thing? This is a good generic question for anyone to answer, but I've got N O T H I N G on Lunalee so I wanna specifically hear what you have to say.

This recalls Robot's random prod of Marmot based upon a similar strategic mindset, I think. Robot wanted to find something to talk about, and poking at the lower-content players who at the time weren't such a focus of discussion was an easy way to achieve that. Nice little moment for Luna.

RobotNerd277 wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:36 pm I mean, I was the one asking Luna to force reads

fite me irl alien

fwiw, I have a similar take on the exchange to Luna. The swing and back-off paradigm is a bit aggro, and mac's reaction feels pretty solid and genuine.

linki: I am also curious as to what mp thinks of me

I'm missing context here and dunno what Robot is talking about. I think it's about sprityo/Mac more than it's about Luna.

That's semi-affirmed here, with a positive remark for Luna to boot.

RobotNerd277 wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:44 pm
Lunalee wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:11 pm Mac's response to this is steady and forceful. He does not back down. This seems like a more common townie trait. If I had to pick a scum between Mac and Sprityo, I would choose Sprityo.
this looks very upfront to me imo

I think you're digging where there's nothing to dig. It's really not that deep.

Lunalee

Robot directed this comment at her teammate alien, which might make it an insightful moment. She suggested that alien was digging where there's nothing to dig when it came to his handling of Luna. That might represent a sort of roundabout TMI.

There are quite a few Luna mentions in this post, including a dark green read in Robot's rainbow list. Also note in Robot's alien read, she gives him a little shit for his treatment of Luna and herself. I have a feeling Robot is tacking herself to a civilian as a meat shield here.

~~~

Things Luna said to/about Robot

It should be stated that Luna's take on sprityo/Mac was initially posted in response to Robot's prod. That's not a great look -- working off a mafioso's filler prod to jump into the dialogue.

Lunalee wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:51 pm
Infected_alien8_ wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:47 pm Luna what's your opinion on robot?
Robot's cool. My first impression of her is good, but I haven't done any digging on her posts other that our interactions. I find it sort of strange that she asked for my opinion on the Sprit/Mac thing, then said I was reading too much into it though.

I really like that this exists. If Luna is a mafioso, then this little exchange covers three of them at once (likely all of them). I think that most evil-doers avoid this kind of dynamic, but I have observed exceptions. Luna's actual read is positive for Robot, so that was wrong. The highlighted bit is a miscommunication (Robot was saying that alien was reading too much into things, not Luna), like I mentioned earlier.

Lunalee wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:21 pm Infected_alien8 - new person, so I want to let them pass on day 1
RobotNerd277 - new person, so I want to let them pass on day 1

:meany:

(This is taken from a larger reads list)

Lunalee wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:50 pm Alien kept a pretty neutral read on Robot for a while, but then in this post Alien felt a need to point out that Robot was exhibiting town behavior. I'm inclined to suspect Robot as scum.

When Luna did some investigative work of her own, she came to the right answer on Robot. Decent enough look.

(Also taken from a larger reads list)

Lunalee wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:44 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:42 pm Luna, how do you feel about Robot leading the poll right now?
I'm okay with a Robot or Colin lynch. But I had to vote Colin because he dared me to.

Maybe I am stupid, but I kind of like this. I think Robot already had a pile of votes. I need to determine whether this was the first or second Colin vote (I think he had two at one point?).

Lunalee wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:43 pm Looks like Robot is getting lynched. I'm down.
[VOTE: RobotNerd277] aubergine

The late hop-on wasn't really necessary though. Luna, what compelled you to do this?

~~~

Conclusion

It's a bit of a mixed bag again, but not as confused as it seemed in Luna's alien interactions. This moves the ticker up a bit for her, I think.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

DharmaHelper wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:44 am Because he was bad
What sold you?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I'm skipping Mac for now, because Marmot has such a lower post count. :goofp:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:50 am
What sold you?
I dunno if you know this but I'm very smart and the best mafia player probably ever, let alone on this site or even in this game. What sold me was me. I thought to myself "Self, Robotnerd is bad and you should vote for her"

And so I did.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I realize I said "he" and then "her" but that's only because I'm very sleepy and I can't remember which is correct. Her is correct, right? Yes. I am correct.

ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Interactions of RobotNerd277 and Marmot

Things Robot said to/about Marmot

RobotNerd277 wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:39 pm The reason I was trying to get Luna is because she appeared to be online right then and also I had no read on her whatsoever. I want to do the same thing to Marmot but they also never appear to be online.

This affirms something I suggested earlier. Robot lumped Luna and Marmot together in some "no read whatsoever" pile.

RobotNerd277 wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:27 pm Marmot

hi do you exist

what is your opinion on literally anything? I think I particularly want perspectives on MacDougall, whose play I initially read as overly abrasive and distracting, but I'm now nodding my head along to everything they're saying. What do you think of them and their opinions?

She needed something to talk about, and she poked the lurker. Decent look for Marmot.

RobotNerd277 wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:35 pm Marmot - I haven't seen any Marmot posts.

~~~
Marmot wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:27 pm
RobotNerd277 wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:27 pm @Marmot

hi do you exist

what is your opinion on literally anything? I think I particularly want perspectives on MacDougall, whose play I initially read as overly abrasive and distracting, but I'm now nodding my head along to everything they're saying. What do you think of them and their opinions?
I'll give Robot a vote.

This is a very wishy-washy post. Additionally, Robot is focusing a lot of attention on Macdougall, despite admitting here that he agrees with Mac.

That's my opinion, have it.
See above about treating you the same way as luna but tbh I guess you're right that was an easy post to go for? It wasn't like I was grasping at straws about what to post though. There was plenty to talk about, on the topic of MacDougall alone, let alone the isos of colin, mac, and spirityo, the rainbow reads list (which I guess I just checked off my todolist), and probably a bunch of other things that would appear while in the middle of working on the todolist? I just sorta fell asleep at that point and then had an Unexpectedly Busy Day irl afterwards and I'm still super behind on my todolist which now includes reading the 20 pages I never experienced.

It was kinda funky how Robot put together a rainbow list before catching up on more thread material, and that is visible here. She gave Marmot no color due to a lack of having seen a post, and then later (in her same post), responded to something he said. :goofp:

I like this exchange a lot for Marmot. Robot probably did not anticipate that poking the lurker would net this immediate, severe response -- Marmot dumped a vote on her and took his leave of the thread. Oops. This was on Day 1 too.

Marmot voted Robot again on Day 2, citing the same moment as before. It's possible that this is a bus job that they just agreed to in a game that is falling apart around them -- but I am inclined to think otherwise right now.

~~~

Conclusion

The content is very limited unsurprisingly. The stuff that does exist though is generally good for Marmot.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

DharmaHelper wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:57 am
What sold you?
I dunno if you know this but I'm very smart and the best mafia player probably ever, let alone on this site or even in this game. What sold me was me. I thought to myself "Self, Robotnerd is bad and you should vote for her"

And so I did.
I can relate.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I can't decide if it's nice or irritating that the thread always craps out when I start pumping out Big Posts.

I'm going to tell myself that everyone just wants to give me the space to work without distractions. :noble:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 189
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:34 am
Kylemii wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:25 pm
abyssum wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:58 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:56 pmNoted thanks aby!

Not sure why I thought you might have meta lol.

Otherwise yeah that’s the part that bothered me the most too but now that I’m wondering more about it it’s like sooo transparent for a scum strategy?
it's only too transparent if Robot remembered that they had said that about kylemii, though.
I don't think robots' comments about me represented a natural progression of reads, I think the initial "I like kyle" wasn't a serious read as much as a tone read, later on in the same post she jokingly said it was because of me being a robot from the future, which is still real and I hope none of you forgot about that. It's possible she forgot about making that comment.

the later post isn't weird because of contradiction but because it represents a willingness to "just go with whatever"

This commentary bears a pretty neutral appearance -- I cannot tell what Kyle's stance is based upon these words. That isn't my favorite thing.
that's cus i wasn't taking a stance there, i was clarifying the context of events

you missed a couple posts i think?
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

oh nevermind you actually didn't
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:04 am I can't decide if it's nice or irritating that the thread always craps out when I start pumping out Big Posts.

I'm going to tell myself that everyone just wants to give me the space to work without distractions. :noble:
I love them. Keep it up. You're awesome.

I just am going to bed shortly myself. See you all tomorrow closer to end of night.

:offtobed:
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

I thought I wrote more about robot in my big catch-up post but I guess not
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Interactions of RobotNers277 and MacDougall

Things Robot said to/about Mac

RobotNerd277 wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:30 pm After what point do the beginning-of-game jokes end? In particular, I'm trying to get a read on MacDougall, but maybe they're just too hard because they're A Jokester TM.

She seems to be critical of Mac here (for telling too many jokes) without overtly saying so.

RobotNerd277 wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:58 pm MacDougall

Please say something to make me not shove you to the bottom of my readslist.

I'm phoneposting after I donated blood btw, and not amazingly attentive rn.

Vague ultimatum. How does someone answer to this? Decent for Mac I guess.

That turned into a larger exchange. Robot's qualifying remarks at the end there seem designed to alleviate the pressure brought by Mac, would would be additionally nice for him.

RobotNerd277 wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:51 pm I cannot penetrate MacDougall's icy veneer at all. Dayum

~~~

I disagree with Alien about how MP feels about Tsaiah (in particular, a lock-town read is a Really Good thing to get early on so long as you do allow yourself to reassess and distrust that person later on, and also Tsaiah's ISO screams Good Bean to me). I do agree about Mac though. I am confused as hell about Mac.
~~~

Okay, my eyes are glazing over post #369 and I think I'm going to stop there for now. There's a lot of content, but this game isn't moving so fast that I can't catch up being a day behind, just I'm being a bit slow. Walls of text make me disengage, both when writing and reading them. But I evidently just straight up said something false about MacDougall because I didn't thoroughly pore over the thread and I don't really want to do that, so here I am. fwiw, I haven't seen anything to really change my opinion on MacDougall before like, my own interaction with him (which did change my opinion).

She's really shoving Mac into these posts with a frequency that doesn't suit the importance of what she is saying. That's not great.

MacDougall wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:57 pm Why am I the focal point of so many people's attempts to read the game yet everybody is on the fence with it? If you have suspicions of me voice them, if you don't then go look at others and find someone you do. We'll be voting for people soon.
who are you the focal point for? wouldn't define most people's play so far as being Solely Focused On MacDougall; maybe at some point that was true, but i think it's progressed and there are plenty of other topics that people are throwing around

I think I pointed more of a finger at MacDougall than I did at most people, and the resolution to our interaction was "robot probably is just straight-up wrong and should read the whole gotdamn thread before posting"

RobotNerd277 wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:19 pm Answering some M Plus Questions:
M Plus 7 wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:00 pm
RobotNerd277 wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:04 pm By harder I mean, with evidence and serious reads and stuff. Much of my difficulty in reading people originates with you.
Robot, I don't understand what this means. Can you elaborate for me?
I just meant I would go back through the thread and evaluate MacDougall better, against things that were actually said, instead of phoneposting off of my meh memory. In order to do that, I have to actually catch up on the whole thread and then ISO them and ideally also understand the full context of what was said and why.
RobotNerd277 wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:57 am I think my giant catchup posts are proving detrimental to actually catching up so I'm gonna not do that and instead skim the last several pages and hopefully eventually get back to the beginning of the thread and have time to iso colin and mac. I haven't read anything since daystart and I should fix that immediately.

A bunch of "I need to ISO Mac" that never seems to come to fruition.

She covers the sprityo/Mac thing here, and emerges with suspicions of both of them. This interaction is weird so far, and I am having difficulty making judgments.

RobotNerd277 wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:36 pm I mean, I was the one asking Luna to force reads

fite me irl alien

fwiw, I have a similar take on the exchange to Luna. The swing and back-off paradigm is a bit aggro, and mac's reaction feels pretty solid and genuine.

Now a positive take on Mac.

Gun to my head, if I am forced to declare why I think Robot has focused so heavily on Mac to this point, I'd say it was just her arbitrary choice for something to yammer about to stay relevant in a crazy-paced thread.

RobotNerd277 wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:58 pm
MacDougall wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:41 pm
RobotNerd277 wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:41 pm Wait why the sudden flip onto Kylemii? I'm willing to join the wagon, but I just don't understand why.
Because Sprityo is scum obviously. You can see it by the way his wagon has had this passive resistance against it.
So you're saying Jay is scum, as the person leading the flip? I... don't want to buy that but I'll keep this moment in my back pocket.

Trying to extract this silly tinfoil from a comment Mac made that had nothing to do with me. Saying Things to Say Things.

RobotNerd277 wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:27 pm Marmot

hi do you exist

In her Marmot prod she specifically requested takes on Mac despite apparently finding him very agreeable. She can't stop talking about this guy.

It culminated in a dark green read.

~~~

Things Mac said to/about Robot

MacDougall wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:59 pm MP for what reason does RobotNerd277 have a moderate town read? In my skim I saw one post that said "sorry I'm late" basically.

This is a fair question that should be investigated re: MP. I don't award Mac points though.

[url=http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 83#p474183]Mac listed Robot as one of five red-colored reads in a Day 0 rainbow list. He cited Robot's early suspicion of him which seemed to evaporate as soon as he responded. I appreciate the language here; it looks authentic.

MacDougall wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:31 pm I'm gonna angle shoot and say that Epi would balance the team to not have two new players on it. I'm gonna say the combinations out of my suspect pool that make the most sense.

DharmaHelper OR Marmot
Sprityo
Robot OR Alien

Bad look in isolation.

MacDougall wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:52 pm
JAGGEDJIMMYJAY
Bad
Good

Cool beans.

MacDougall wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:37 pm So let's lynch Robotnerd then?

Coming out of the GTH reads, this was Mac's take. Robot was the only player to be read as a mafioso by all participants. Decent little thing.

MacDougall wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:49 pm Infected_alien8_ and RobotNerd277 the gun to head has revealed that you two are the most suspicious amongst the group who did it.

Can you please re-affirm your positions and make a read on one another?

Nice look for Mac to call out both confirmed mafia at once here and then demand that they talk about one another.

MacDougall wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:37 pm Reasons:

1. Put distance between our wagons
2. I read things in that RobotNerd post that I thought were civvie intuition (particularly the reads)

This demands expansion, even if it meant placing a vote on the other mafioso instead.

MacDougall wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:26 pm RobotNerd277 --the shits pyjamas

Negative read after the alien lynch.

MacDougall wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:45 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:42 pm This may be wrong but IMO the best move going forward is to look at who Alien was and wasn’t fighting or attempting to persuade as D1 wound down. Dude was fighting for his life and had a shot at winning it — I don’t see so much room for going at teammates in there.
I think we should just lynch everyone progressively in this order.

1. Robotnerd
2. Dharmahelper
3. Turnip Head
4. Marmot
5. Lunalee
6. Kyle
7. Colin
8. Tsaiah

If we haven't won the game by then, then the miracle scum that could will go down in history as the greatest performance ever.

Good call.

~~~

Conclusion

A few points should be addressed. Overall I am inclined to view Mac as a civilian.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Interactions of RobotNerd277 and Russtifinko

Things Robot said to/about Russ

RobotNerd277 wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:35 pm Russtifinko - Likes ISOs and walls and I appreciate their analyses.

Kind words and an easy dark green read. That's it.

~~~

Things Russ said to/about Robot

Russtifinko wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:05 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:38 pm
Russtifinko wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:36 pm Feel free to ask me questions/get @me about my list!
I'd like to hear your thoughts on Robot and Turnip Head, please.
Robot seems to be genuinely engaging with the thread and posting with substance. I liked the point he raised about people making themselves integral to town (although I disagreed with it in the case of MP), and the interaction below about focusing on Mac. Instead of immediately backtracking, he made a plan to follow up and reconsider based on that. It read to me as genuine.

TH is basically playing the same as DH so far, I think....posting stuff that isn't revelant to scumhunting and generally giving the appearance of not reading the thread. I put him slightly lower for now because he seems less playful/more calculated about it. That could just be his personality, though. Alien is the only person I'm currently ready to vote for with no further evidence; I'd like to see more from TH, DH, Colin, sprityo, and Kyle to firm up my reads on them. I know that's like half the people in the game, but hey, it's Day 0. I forced myself to make some kind of call on them for the moment.

Linki: OMG Mac's gender guide secretly applied to TH's alignment as well! I bet he's fuzzy-fluid mafia.

Russ's initial remarks about Robot were positive, and they engaged in a little neutral chatter about TH and DH. This doesn't mean much to me.

Russtifinko wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:12 am I liked Kylemii’s point a few pages back noting that Tonot just goes along with whatever others say about him. Robot has rocketed up my list as a result. However, that gives me some slight apprehension since my top 2 suspects are new people. And I normally refuse to lynch newbies on Day 1.

That turned around here though. Russ was conclusively anti-Robot on Day 1. He reaffirms that here and laments the shittiness of lynching a new player so quickly.

Russtifinko wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:29 pm I haven't heard much from Luna, Robot, Tsaiah, or TH today. The weirdest one of those imo is Robot since she is actually in some danger of being lynched - I guess she's busy/away? Not sure about Luna and Tsaiah, and I've seen posts from TH today but nothing very substantial.

This is another negative assessment, if also a bit vague and inconsequential in the moment.

Scum GTH read

Russtifinko wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:20 pm Regarding Mac's Robot push above, for me that's where GTH falls apart. Yeah, GTH I'd put Alien and Robot as both scum, but my read on Alien is much stronger. Thus my vote stays.

Russ reads both alien and Robot as scum, but has a strong preference for the former. While his huge case explains that on its own, I still appreciate that he took this stance. If he's hard distancing from both of his teammates, then in a vacuum it ought not be necessary to decide which one goes on Day 1.

Orange read in a rainbow list

Russtifinko wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:45 pm Dammit! I get back fomr camping and my whole post is lost. Beautiful.
[VOTE: Robot] aubergine

The gist of it was this:

I agree with the case. Robot was my 2nd highest suspect after Alien, and that was before the flip and before JJJ's sleuthing on the interactions.

Some things I'm worried about:
1) No palpable resistance to the lynch, unlike yesterday.
2) TH's weird, non-case-related defense. Reads non-baddie-baddie to me because it was too late to save her, so it's just....weird.
3) 4 or so of us have descended into complete memery, which makes the game harder to read for me.

So again, I'm convinced but I have misgivings about the way this has gone. Will be looking at everyone, not just consensus "top suspects", going into N2.

Russ contributed to the huge Robot wagon on Day 2, but voiced some trepidation about the ease of its development. I can understand that, because part of me felt that way too.

~~~

Conclusion

This does nothing to make me worry about Russ.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Interactions of RobotNerd277 and sprityo

Things Robot said to/about sprityo

In the midst of Robot's focus on Mac, she encountered sprityo's case. She said he looked bad as well as Mac as a result of his one-track suspicion.

RobotNerd277 wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:22 pm
Infected_alien8_ wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:40 pm
RobotNerd277 wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:53 pm here have my notes sheet that I decided like halfway through that I would post
#1065 - http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 22#p474422
DH keeps commenting on how he hasn't read the thread. This is annoying. I do agree that calling someone a pussy or a coward isn't the same as calling them mafia. That being said, I think JaggedJimmyJay is anything but that.

#1094 - http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 55#p474455

ooooh spirityo has an iso wall of macdougall. Saves me the trouble for now!

Wait, has macdougall not actually posted a bunch of solid argument stuff? I figured it was somewhere in the 7 pages I hadn't read.

I'm not liking this "only person I have a negative read on" bit from spirityo but I'm still not a fan of mac. There's a lot to pick at in this thread. MP's willingness to throw "town" at people, DH's unwillingness to read the thread etc. Anyways, the end of spirityo's post is a bit yelly but he makes a point against Mac that I agree with. I still want to do my own iso because ~bad vibes~

#1104 - http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 7b#p474465

pseudo-random-neuron-firing -> where's tsaiah?

#1114 - http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 80#p474480

wonderful, mac responded to spirityo's post. I should also answer those questions when I get around to it, because idk who I believe less tbh, spirityo or mac.

I feel like I should address the "melted like butter on a hot plate" thing but idk what to really say. I intend to take more of a look at Mac later? I probably should have done this last night instead of getting distracted but also whatever the past is in the past.

I... keep skimming over MP's posts. Sorry! I'll probably read what you have to say... eventually!
What about the 'only person I have a negative read on' part don't you like?
maintaining as neutral a stance as possible is pretty scummy. only disliking one person is just barely a step above that. I consider townreads not super relevant to that because it's much easier to say you like someone than you dislike them, you know?

that being said, spirityo hasn't like, demonstrated serious tunnel vision. just not-evaluated-the-rest-of-game vision, which is a pretty reasonable state of being. If they don't start reevaluating townreads, then we'll talk more.

She is accusing sprityo of tunneling while also saying that he is not tunneling. This is a waffle reminiscent of her teammate and suggests to me that she wants sprityo to be seen in a negative light without having to generate that entirely on her own.

RobotNerd277 wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:57 pm I... think what I said is reasonable peer pressure to suggest that she force reads, which she said that she was doing anyways? I don't think she's scum or even looks scummy for making a single decision

I mean that spirityo was being unnervingly aggressive, and I just liked the way Luna described it.

Anyways, yeah, doing okay. Feeling a bit sick after donating blood yesterday so I might ask them to discard my blood which is a shame. It's mostly just dizziness, which is typical, but it doesn't typically last in me personally that long, so I'm a bit worried. Also a bit of a fever which I had before they took my blood, which is probably contributing to the dizziness.

I think this is further evidenced in that she is happy to attribute the perspective to someone else (Luna).

RobotNerd277 wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:13 pm I ended up voting spirityo because I was on the fence but couldn't find the words to say it and often for me not finding the words means I'm looking at nothing (as was the case with Mac), so I punted the responsibility of looking into this suspicious thing to you.

It must be noted that Robot's Day 1 vote went to sprityo instead of either Mac or alien. In the end she was alone on that vote, and I can't help but be wary of the generic Flyer Distancing Day 1 Vote.

sprityo is the only red read in her rainbow list. It's a standout position which must mean something, though at the moment I am undecided exactly what. I don't think it's necessarily good for him.

~~~

Things sprityo said to/about Robot

sprityo wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:58 pm RE: RobotNerd277 about my "one negative read."

I haven't sufficiently looked into anyone to make a read other than mac. im not gonna go placing a vote where im not able to defend myself.

This is a weird post on its own power, independent of Robot's involvement. [mention]sprityo[/mention], why were you concerned about a need to defend yourself for a vote you'd be placing yourself? That's not a mindset that jives with me, sir.

sprityo wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:58 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:53 pm
sprityo wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:52 pm Anyone got anything for me while im here? its 2 am and im about to go to sleep.
Uhhh what do you think of... anyone? Like GTH reads of everyone actually? That'd be super helpful. They don't even have to be informed.
abyssum -- ISO
ColinIsCool -- ISO
DharmaHelper -- ISO
Infected_alien8_ -- ISO
JaggedJimmyJay -- ISO
Kylemii -- ISO
Lunalee -- ISO
MacDougall -- ISO
Marmot -- ISO
M Plus 7 -- ISO
RobotNerd277 -- ISO
Russtifinko -- ISO
Tsaiah -- ISO
Turnip Head -- ISO

Robot is one of five in the orange pile. The middle colors here dominate the rainbow, so I'm not awarding credit.

sprityo wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:39 pm I need to ask this because it’s been scratching st the back of my head since jay asked me.

If mac, on the chance isn’t scum, then who is the next option?

I’ve see lots of stuff about alien, DH, colin, and Robot, but haven’t dived into them personally.

Colin is, like MP said, good at talking but I want to say I’ve looked at him the least thus far. DH is slowly and increasingly here. More so interested in what he could bring to the table. I’m oretty sure he’s the one the figured out I was cecil in GOC. Smart guy

Robot has been absent, aside from sitting a vote on me

Alien has continues to draw discussion over things that suggest he’s scum, yet I don’t see the big “oh he’s definitely scum” thing I’ve seen between mac and myself. Or jay to DharmaHelper earlier

This is an observation of a thing that happened. Okay. Who cares? Why is this in this post? sprityo ought to have something to say about a player parking a standalone vote on him through the Day 1 deadline, I should think.

Also, there's a separate issue with this post:

P L A Y E R
S A L A D

sprityo wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:52 pm
JAGGEDJIMMYJAY
Scum
Town

Cool beans.

sprityo wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:54 pm The hangup I have voting robot over alien is that I can’t remember for the life of me a big case made against them

The logic here just begs for me to ask "so what?". The presence or non of a big case is irrelevant. He was choosing between two mafia though so I will be lenient. :meany:

sprityo wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:25 am so let me address my alien interaction spoilers

1. I hadn't looked into relatively any other player in the game when MP asked me for the GTH read. I had been reading the thread however so there was a lot of negative connotations i was getting from robot/alien/dharmahelper, all courtesy of jay whom i also had ISO'd. Luna struck me as non-commital/absent in assessing the thread as indicated when she posted:

~~~

7. After the GTH it only made sense I voted for alien in conjunction with getting votes off of mac. Could i have voted for robot? maybe, but i also previously said why didn't.

conclusions: albeit i never engaged with alien directly, I paid attention enough to see other's didnt like him, and Russ' ISO confirmed for me.

#1 has more salad. I don't like the way they're all lumped together like that with the slash marks, as though they're triplets.

sprityo wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:33 am Jay, why should i vote DH over Robot today? Or does it really not matter?

This shouldn't be my call. Were you looking for an excuse?

sprityo wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:31 pm RobotNerd277 do you have any intention of defending yourself here or are you accepting your fate?

linki: coming up

This actually made me laugh. I don't like it, sprityo.

sprityo wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:59 pm JaggedJimmyJay - Jay continues to show his persistence in acquisition of reads to slim down the POE. It feels methodolical and effective, helping us weed out the mafia.
M Plus 7 - While Jay is the cool control, quality poster. MP is the spastic, ever shifting opinions of players. the quantity. It works in his favor in my eyes, being that you can see his thought process, and he reads genuinely confident and committed to what he's putting out there. AKA tone read.
MacDougall - While I had my suspicions of mac based around how he was playing, that soon dissipated once the game got rolling. I'm not gonna harp again about mac, but he's a town pick from me at present.
Russtifinko - While i agreed with Russ' ISo of Alien, their ISO is lacking in overall interactions. It's been primarily between Mac, Jay, MP, and Alien. While Russ puts out rainbow lists and you can tell theyre reading the thread. There isnt any direct interaction. I personally find it peculiar, but Russ can make due on this tomorrow once theyre back from their trip.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Turnip Head - The man has said it himself, he is wearing the shitpost gloves. little anything alignment indicative outside of his voting. which even then there's not really an explanation to the methodology. A chaotic god to say the least on i aspire to be like someday :noble:

Marmot - Need i say anything? the guy participated in the GTH and that's it. He got some pro-town points from a few other people, but i'm still waiting for something. MP promises a clutch late game, but this game has been pretty heavy in the early part. (especially for a heist)

DharmaHelper - DH's play has been pretty selfish thus far. His main interactions (when not arguing with jay) is about how we are going about lynching players....And that's pretty much all i've got. I know he is one hell of a player when he wants to be.

RobotNerd277 - It's been nearly 48 hours since her last post. Whether that indicates giving up, or simply a lack of commitment to the thread is beyond me. The case against her is....Well I can't recall specifically the case (much like what i said previously in voting for alien last day phase). The GTH leaves Robotnerd as a negative read across our board of 6 players as well. My vote will go here today unless i find something in her short ISO to lead my otherwise. Any direct comments you can give me before i start this JaggedJimmyJay?

------------------------

I'm going to cover everyone else in their own post since theyre all jumbled together similarly

Oh holy sweet mercy I hate this. Robot is the only red read, the lowest of the low, and why? Because she maybe gave up? Question mark? It certainly isn't the case I made, because sprityo literally doesn't remember it. The GTH reads agreed on Robot as the choice -- which apparently has some bearing on the alignment in her role card?

This reeks of obligation and not honesty. I have to put Robot here or I am going to look like a butt when she gets roasted. I wish I knew why she was getting roasted.

sprityo wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:05 pm Jay, my takeaway from your Robot/alien interactions is that they soft defended eachother and at the same time tried to appear not teamed. some weird stuff like that
sprityo wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:06 pm Which is to say, i think it's a good enough reason, but not on par with what sold me on alien. It's certainly a better argument to lynch robot over DH

Yeah, or some weird stuff like that. :suspish:

sprityo wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:07 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:42 pm RobotNerd277

Here's my case against you.
sprityo wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:05 pm Jay, my takeaway from your Robot/alien interactions is that they soft defended eachother and at the same time tried to appear not teamed. some weird stuff like that
sprityo wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:06 pm Which is to say, i think it's a good enough reason, but not on par with what sold me on alien. It's certainly a better argument to lynch robot over DH

so all together, [VOTE: Robot] aubergine

I have to be extremely clear to everyone here why I am placing this vote for the player RobotNerd277 on this second day phase of this DFS Mafia heist game on Sunday the 19th of August, two-thousand and eighteen in the year of our Lord.

~~~

Conclusion

This is my least favorite review yet. I think sprityo looks awful at some points. I welcome and request feedback on all of this from everyone.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Interactions of RobotNerd277 and Tsaiah

Things Robot said to/about Tsaiah

RobotNerd277 wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:30 pm So, I'm trying to figure out how to read most of the people here. I vaguely remember Tsaiah being a particularly excitable friend, and I feel like I have a reasonable grip on MP's playstyle after g9 (that is, make ALL THE POSTS, (even when scum because I did a little research during that game)), but I don't really know much about how others play, though I have spent time with abyssum on the flight rising mafia discord.

~~~

okay phew the beef with MP and DH was just A Joke. Very agree with the Tsaiah love. Tsaiah is purer than snow generated from distilled water.

~~~

whoop tsaiah stole my lightning :<
Tsaiah wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:29 am
Kylemii wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:11 am
Tsaiah wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:05 amNow tell me about you!
no one's ever asked me this before!

i'm kylemii, and this account is actually run by a forum bot created by long con in 20010 as a programming challenge to create the ultimate mafia playing bot. i am barely able to play mafia, but i do my best.
xD

Robotnerd's gonna like you
I rescind my previous comment on MP7 acting "too valuable to lynch." He actually posted meta thoughts on every player, nullifying that argument. I'm keeping it in this post though because that's how stream of conciousness works.

I'm gonna keep reading forward through the thread immediately but this file is getting too long already.

This one might be in the TMI realm (specifically when Robot calls Tsaiah purer than the snow). She is joining the chorus of tone-based positive reads on Tsaiah initiated by MP, abyssum, and myself perhaps among others. I think she wanted to endear herself to the quickly-forming civilian core.

RobotNerd277 wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:51 pm I disagree with Alien about how MP feels about Tsaiah (in particular, a lock-town read is a Really Good thing to get early on so long as you do allow yourself to reassess and distrust that person later on, and also Tsaiah's ISO screams Good Bean to me). I do agree about Mac though. I am confused as hell about Mac.

Same deal. I might steal the term "Good Bean" for future use.

RobotNerd277 wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:53 pm pseudo-random-neuron-firing -> where's tsaiah?

Strikes me as inconsequential.

Tsaiah is light green in her rainbow list, which if I am correct represented the highest tier of civilian excellence. :noble:

~~~

Things Tsaiah said to/about Robot

There are a few mentions of Robot in page 1 of Tsaiah's ISO that I find meaningless. You may disagree though, so go ahead and click and do a CTRL+F for "Robot".

Tsaiah wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:39 pm Robotnerd - sliiightly town of the fence for first thoughts post

I am sliiightly bugged by the lack of commitment to either side of the fence. :meany:

Tsaiah wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:36 pm /kicking Aby even further away from the fence as of page 18 stuffs

/also nudging Robot a bit in that direction as of around there

I think this means Robot is moving further in the positive direction, which is curious. Robot didn't do a whole lot. [mention]Tsaiah[/mention], what inspired this motion?

Tsaiah wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:45 pmRobot - i liked the way she tried to jump on in without having read everything, then seemed to realize she wasn't gonna be able to get accurate reads that way, struck me as towny pov; also a good look on the thought process for initial sus on you > take on your big meta post resolving that

This is a half answer, but it's kind of giving me gas.

Tsaiah wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:53 pm Do Not Touch With Rope list rn is Aby, Russ, MP, Jay
I Feel Like Mac Would Probably Appreciate His Own Category: Mac
Probably Do Not Wave Rope At list rn is Kyle, Colin, Luna

Robot could be scum here. Gonna have to iso first to get my own read there, which ain't happening today. Work last night was brutal to the core (yay working at a restaurant during the first week of semester in a university town!), and for some dingdang reason I woke up after like four hours anyway--trying to iso would almost certainly end up in an unscheduled nap, so nope, it's off the cuff stuff for today. :p

Could be. :shrug2:

I'm not a fan of the constant projections for some future ISO, particularly in this scenario where it had to be apparent that Robot might be a corpse before that ISO could ever exist.

Tsaiah wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:35 pm Hai, off work again and caught up

Re: Robot being awol, i don't have much meta with her, but i have seen her disappear when life eats her as both alignments, fwiw (she did show back up when we maf'd together in order to not let her slot get modkilled for inactivity--that was in lategame when scum was getting pretty close to winning).

Her interactions do sound like they have potential, hard to dig for anything more when she isn't here. I don't think I'd be surprised at either flip, tbh.

I'm glad Tsaiah didn't give Robot a break for her absence. It shouldn't matter.

~~~

Conclusion

I would have liked for this to reflect better on Tsaiah. It's not terrible, but I don't get that lovely glow that would have made me comfortable. I like Robots posts for her a lot more than I like Tsaiah's own posts.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Interactions of RobotNerd277 and Turnip Head

Things Robot said to/about TH

RobotNerd277 wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:51 pm Hello Turnip Head. If you posted before #355, I didn't see it.

RobotNerd277 wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:35 pmTurnip Head - Not particularly memorable. I don't see much in the way of serious posts in TH's iso.

That's it. There's little to talk about. I will note that Robot stuck him in the orange pile despite having absolutely nothing to say about him. That contrasts the yellow Kyle read, for example, which featured a pretty similar blurb. Given the amount of green in her rainbow she was clearly short on suspects.

Things TH said to/about Robot

Turnip Head wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:52 pm JaggedJimmyJay ColinIsCool Tell me more about this robot guy. If lynching an alien worked we could be on the right track here thematically.

This post exists.

Turnip Head wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:04 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:01 am
Turnip Head wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:00 am2
You'll have your prize as promised once I have conclusive evidence that you have read the Robot case.
The OT snippet from one of his/her posts in there (not updated on newbie's genders yet :) ) makes me feel like they're being genuine.

I bribed TH to read my case on Robot with a song, and this was his takeaway. He was sort of a lonely voice in a cruel hateful world here, so I don't think it's a bad thing that he defended Robot. It actually recalls some recent TH performances when he has had a tendency to stand in defense of players that he thinks sound genuine in some way, even in the face of evidence-based cases (and in at least one case he was correct). So it's decent and stuff.

Turnip Head wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:24 pm
Marmot wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:46 pm I don't know what the case is, but I'm voting him because of this post.
Marmot wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:27 pm
RobotNerd277 wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:27 pm @Marmot

hi do you exist

I'll give Robot a vote.

This is a very wishy-washy post. Additionally, Robot is focusing a lot of attention on Macdougall, despite admitting here that he agrees with Mac.

That's my opinion, have it.
Ooooh I like this.

He was more moved by Marmot's thing though. :goofp:

Turnip Head wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:53 pm So no one cares that RobotNerd277's last post was Thursday? That was like forever ago in mafia years
Turnip Head wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:38 pm JaggedJimmyJay pull up RobotNerds iso and look at the last post. Dude is awol. Thread has 71 pages. Something's too easy about this lynch.
Turnip Head wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:49 pm I mean you guys should check out the spoiler at the bottom of robots last post. Sounds like a rl sorta situation atm. Hope everything's okay.

At this point I think Robot had somewhere between eight and 37 votes, so I don't think TH was actually trying to save her. He was voicing unease about the developments, and that's swell.

~~~

Conclusion

There's not enough here to justify a strong stance. I think Turnip Head looks okay. Just okay.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

The worst reviews belong to sprityo and DharmaHelper, the former being the absolute worst and the latter being meh.

There is potential for confirmation bias given that I would have named those two my top suspects before bothering with all that anyway. I hope others will review on their own and we can talk it all over.

Once again I haven't done an MP review. I actually think there is some shit he should answer for, so I will attempt to compile that tomorrow with some brevity. I'll just need a hard hat and boots to wade around that ISO. :help:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 172

Post by ColinIsCool »

I guess I felt that RobotNerd looked earnest enough up to the point where I said those things, but my main beef was her immediate entrance I think. When I read her first post I thought “this feels like a scum entrance” but couldn’t articulate why (or didn’t spend time ob it) so the “tone-read” meant I like some stuff tonally, didn’t like some other stuff
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 172

Post by ColinIsCool »

Cop can check me, preserve my sterling reputation.
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:50 am Interactions of RobotNerd277 and Lunalee

Things Robot said to/about Luna

RobotNerd277 wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:40 pm
Lunalee wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:03 pm
RobotNerd277 wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:53 pm Whoops I kinda derped and MP reminded me of the existence of this game a few days ago but I still dropped the ball on checking when it would actually start but I'm here now.

Anyways, hi, checking in, gonna read the thread now.
Welcome RobotNerd! Pleasure to meet you. Good luck with catching up. For the highlights see DharmaHelper's posts :D
I'll iso them as soon as I at least skim the whole thread, which might be a little while (I'm heading out to donate blood soon)
I'm like 60% sure that was a joke but I really can't tell

Upon welcoming Robot to the thread, Luna directed her to DH's posts. My interpretation was that this was meant humorously (please clarify Lunalee), but Robot interpreted it seriously. That sort of disconnect is a decent enough thing for Luna, if only barely.
Yes, it was a joke, because DH's posts were amusing to me, and they followed the tone of the thread a bit. I think DH had a couple serious posts once things started turning away from the "we're all town, right?" circle-jerk.
RobotNerd277 wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:51 pm Lunalee's avatar is forcing me to trust her. Cannot resist! But actually, her comments on MP7 are pretty neutral.

This is one of those things that at first glance makes the eyeball twitch violently, but at second glance seems better for Luna. I'll allow myself to remain torn and ask for other input. It's probably an unimportant moment.
Haha! I didn't even see this. :D
RobotNerd277 wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:54 pm Lunalee

I wanna hear more from you! Specifically, how do you feel about the spirityo v Mac thing? This is a good generic question for anyone to answer, but I've got N O T H I N G on Lunalee so I wanna specifically hear what you have to say.

This recalls Robot's random prod of Marmot based upon a similar strategic mindset, I think. Robot wanted to find something to talk about, and poking at the lower-content players who at the time weren't such a focus of discussion was an easy way to achieve that. Nice little moment for Luna.

fite me irl alien

I'm missing context here and dunno what Robot is talking about. I think it's about sprityo/Mac more than it's about Luna.
Is this the context you're looking for?
That's semi-affirmed here, with a positive remark for Luna to boot.

RobotNerd277 wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:44 pm
Lunalee wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:11 pm Mac's response to this is steady and forceful. He does not back down. This seems like a more common townie trait. If I had to pick a scum between Mac and Sprityo, I would choose Sprityo.
this looks very upfront to me imo

I think you're digging where there's nothing to dig. It's really not that deep.

Lunalee

Robot directed this comment at her teammate alien, which might make it an insightful moment. She suggested that alien was digging where there's nothing to dig when it came to his handling of Luna. That might represent a sort of roundabout TMI.

There are quite a few Luna mentions in this post, including a dark green read in Robot's rainbow list. Also note in Robot's alien read, she gives him a little shit for his treatment of Luna and herself. I have a feeling Robot is tacking herself to a civilian as a meat shield here.

~~~

Things Luna said to/about Robot

It should be stated that Luna's take on sprityo/Mac was initially posted in response to Robot's prod. That's not a great look -- working off a mafioso's filler prod to jump into the dialogue.
Yes, because at this point I didn't know I was working off a mafioso filler prod. I was honestly more excited to be asked my opinion, so I freely gave it.
Lunalee wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:51 pm
Infected_alien8_ wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:47 pm Luna what's your opinion on robot?
Robot's cool. My first impression of her is good, but I haven't done any digging on her posts other that our interactions. I find it sort of strange that she asked for my opinion on the Sprit/Mac thing, then said I was reading too much into it though.

I really like that this exists. If Luna is a mafioso, then this little exchange covers three of them at once (likely all of them). I think that most evil-doers avoid this kind of dynamic, but I have observed exceptions. Luna's actual read is positive for Robot, so that was wrong. The highlighted bit is a miscommunication (Robot was saying that alien was reading too much into things, not Luna), like I mentioned earlier.

Lunalee wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:21 pm Infected_alien8 - new person, so I want to let them pass on day 1
RobotNerd277 - new person, so I want to let them pass on day 1

:meany:

(This is taken from a larger reads list)

Lunalee wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:50 pm Alien kept a pretty neutral read on Robot for a while, but then in this post Alien felt a need to point out that Robot was exhibiting town behavior. I'm inclined to suspect Robot as scum.

When Luna did some investigative work of her own, she came to the right answer on Robot. Decent enough look.

(Also taken from a larger reads list)

Lunalee wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:44 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:42 pm Luna, how do you feel about Robot leading the poll right now?
I'm okay with a Robot or Colin lynch. But I had to vote Colin because he dared me to.

Maybe I am stupid, but I kind of like this. I think Robot already had a pile of votes. I need to determine whether this was the first or second Colin vote (I think he had two at one point?).
I think I was the first Colin vote?
Lunalee wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:43 pm Looks like Robot is getting lynched. I'm down.
[VOTE: RobotNerd277] aubergine

The late hop-on wasn't really necessary though. Luna, what compelled you to do this?
Since I was okay with either a Robot or Colin lynch, I decided to stay on Colin until close to end-of-day in case anyone wanted to join me. But when that was obviously not going to happen, I joined the Robot lynch. I know it wasn't necessary, but Mac gave me crap when I didn't join the Alien lynch Day 1 and stayed on him, so I figured why not.
~~~

Conclusion

It's a bit of a mixed bag again, but not as confused as it seemed in Luna's alien interactions. This moves the ticker up a bit for her, I think.
Thanks for your analysis!
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 161
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

:clap: well that was good, hope to see robot around some more
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 161
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

M Plus 7 wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:02 am We got this, team. Let's not get complacent. I believe in us.
Let’s go for a flawless game!
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 70
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

sprityo wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:23 am
Let’s go for a flawless game!
Any reaction to J’s accusations above?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:02 am
DharmaHelper wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:57 am
What sold you?

And so I did.
I can relate.
...can I be a pro at mafia already so I can stop explaining all my actions?
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I appreciate your responses, [mention]Lunalee[/mention]. If you've had any time yet to look things over for yourself, do you have any suspicions emerging?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Lunalee wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:39 pm ...can I be a pro at mafia already so I can stop explaining all my actions?
Trust me: a willingness to explain yourself in Mafia is a professional approach. ;)

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 130
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:45 pm
Lunalee wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:39 pm ...can I be a pro at mafia already so I can stop explaining all my actions?
Trust me: a willingness to explain yourself in Mafia is a professional approach. ;)
I wish subtlety and the unwritten code of civvieness were more in vogue. Sometimes you just want to play your own angle and hope that other townies will infer where you are coming from
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Are "infer" and "deduce" the same thing?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Turnip Head wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:47 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:45 pm
I wish subtlety and the unwritten code of civvieness were more in vogue. Sometimes you just want to play your own angle and hope that other townies will infer where you are coming from
There's a place for subtlety, and there's a place for players who favor it. If it's "in vogue" though, such that a lot of people are doing it all at once, then that just means losing games is in vogue. :meany:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

ture, every game needs a balance of open discussion and shadowy intrigue. We need players like Jay to balance out players like Turnip. Unfortunately-- usually-- the Jays get killed early and the Turnips lose steam :(

Return to “Previous Heists”