DFS Mafia [ENDGAME]

Moderator: Community Team

Who is Big and Sexy and Failing Tonight?

Poll ended at Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:30 pm

abyssum
No votes
ColinIsCool
6%
DharmaHelper
No votes
JaggedJimmyJay
No votes
Kylemii
No votes
Lunalee
No votes
MacDougall
No votes
Marmot
No votes
M Plus 7
No votes
Russtifinko
No votes
sprityo
59%
Tsaiah
No votes
Turnip Head
6%
Big Sexy (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
29%

Total votes: 17
Infected_alien8_
The Mark
Posts in topic: 266

Re: DFS Mafia [Day 1]

Post by Infected_alien8_ »

Oh also I forgot:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:03 pm @Tsaiah and @abyssum and @Infected_alien8_ and @RobotNerd277 y’all are cool and fun and neat and super and we’d all be fortunate to have you around for more games okay? Okay
nutella wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:26 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:03 pm @Tsaiah and @abyssum and @Infected_alien8_ and @RobotNerd277 y’all are cool and fun and neat and super and we’d all be fortunate to have you around for more games okay? Okay
:nicenod: I'm regretting not playing cause you all seem super cool so I hope we get to play together in a future game!
:hugs:
abyssum wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:15 pm
y'all are cool and fun and neat and super and i'd be fortunate if you wanted to have me back for more games!
^

Everyone's been incredibly welcoming so thank you for that, I've really enjoyed this
Infected_alien8_
The Mark

(That hug emoji was for both those two first quotes by the way)
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 615
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

[VOTE: DharmaHelper] aubergine
Spoiler: show
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 172

Post by ColinIsCool »

Has anybody made a post about whether Alien is similarly hedgey in other games?

The Russ post is very good. I like it a lot. However, I think Alien's probing of abyssum looks very townish too, but I'm not sure I buy going after Russ for making his post. Hmm hmm hmm
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Maybe I just like that post about abyssum because Alien defends me in it, lol
Infected_alien8_
The Mark

ColinIsCool wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:08 am Has anybody made a post about whether Alien is similarly hedgey in other games?

The Russ post is very good. I like it a lot. However, I think Alien's probing of abyssum looks very townish too, but I'm not sure I buy going after Russ for making his post. Hmm hmm hmm
It's not very good, his analysis of my posts with the two colours is biased and misrepresents them, his point about me having many interactions with Jay means nothing without actually looking at the content in those interactions which he didn't do, probably because he doesn't need to because he's not actually trying to sort me, his insistence that I only have one read in M Plus 7 I don't understand how he thinks that at all but he's not the only one so maybe I am just coming across badly, and his insistence of my treatment of the slip being suspicious also makes no sense to me and it feels like he's just trying to push an agenda on something that isn't really there
Infected_alien8_
The Mark

You can refer to my response to his post to see why I'm saying his two-colour thing is biased and misrepresenting by the way
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Infected_alien8_ wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:33 am You can refer to my response to his post to see why I'm saying his two-colour thing is biased and misrepresenting by the way
I see it, but i just don't see the bias. There is a lot of hedging going on in your posts.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 189
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:16 amAll effort is appreciated, including your three-hour post. I still have judge your body of work though, which features nearly 90 other posts.

I do normally feel your civilian presence by now. I already said you're not the sort to engage in high-effort hunting, but I usually see at least a mild amount. If you were to ask me to recite your perspectives right now, I would have next-to-no clue. I'd have to go find that post.
i wasn't around for the active parts of day 0 so I had to squeeze my responses to over half of the posts in the entire game into one big post out of necessity and respect for my own time, for someone who's around to read everything that's been said as it's being said I can see why you'd need to go back to remind yourself what was said, it's easier to remember the script of a Tide commercial you've seen 300 times than it is the plot of a movie you saw 2 weeks ago. that doesn't mean the movie didn't have a plot
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

ColinIsCool wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:50 am
Kylemii wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:10 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:00 pm Does Kyle usually ask a lot of questions? Like, maybe it’s the alcohol but this pinged me:
Kylemii wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:37 pm players who know infected alien, how would you characterize their civ gameplay? mafia gameplay?

do they often go out of their way to weigh in on things, both positively and negatively? is there a correlation to alignment or is it a consistent behavior across the board
When I’m scum I frequently will pose questions not necessarily related to anything in the thread that are juuuuust relevant enough to make it look like I’m attempting to solve. That’s what this post felt like.
colin I would like to hear your thoughts on the fact that asking questions to get a feel for shit in the early phases is literally a well known trademark of my gameplay, whenever you get the chance
My only response is that you yourself admit you have a meta tailored for making it easier on you as scum, so it's hard for me to assign townie points to the behavior either way. My point was that it's a scum calling card of my own, and one you may possibly be using.
that makes zero sense. your scum tendencies are not my scum tendencies. and questions aren't just a tailored strategy for dampening my civ meta to be achievable as mafia, they're actually a useful tool for understanding shit.

i also don't care about your townie points, it's not important to be town-read until like day 3.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Kylemii wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:18 am that makes zero sense. your scum tendencies are not my scum tendencies.
But that's why I said those tendencies are some you may be using.
Kylemii wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:18 amand questions aren't just a tailored strategy for dampening my civ meta to be achievable as mafia, they're actually a useful tool for understanding shit.
That's true, but their intent is also easily faked. I don't think you would disagree with that.
i also don't care about your townie points, it's not important to be town-read until like day 3.
:confused: There aren't lynches on days 1 and 2?

I'm not sure what you want from me Kyle. You've said yourself that your meta is to be deliberately hard-to-read, so if you don't want to be looked upon as a suspect ... don't do that I guess?
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 130
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:25 am @Turnip Head, I'd really love for you to blowfish on that alien vote.
I can't remember why I voted for him :(
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Go enjoy your birthday Kyle, I'm not going to lynch you today.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

colin...... are those really things that you believe?
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

gtg to work will respond when i get back, but in the meantime do your recent posts to me really represent your approach to and motivation behind making reads as a civ?
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Kylemii wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:46 am gtg to work will respond when i get back, but in the meantime do your recent posts to me really represent your approach to and motivation behind making reads as a civ?
Are you asking if I'm asking these questions as a civ? Because if so, the answer's yes ... because I'm a civ. I'm not sure what in my posts even has the potential to look false, other than perhaps projecting my behavior onto you — I admit it's dangerous, but patterns in play exist for a reason.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 130
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:53 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:28 am
MacDougall wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:25 pm A TH flip leaves behind more breadcrumbs imo.

Ergo I want TH lynched.
What breadcrumbs do you extract from a TH civilian flip?
I already explained this in detail. Read posts.
MacDougall wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:54 am Wait you said civilian. It is I who should read posts.

None so much. But I don't care.
A civilian turnip flip could lead to plenty of reads. What are we waiting for? :cloud9:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 1094
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Morning!

Damn this playerlist is stacked.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

And by that I mean... I still feel like I can see universes where almost everyone is town with at least some ease.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

ColinIsCool wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:49 am
Kylemii wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:46 am gtg to work will respond when i get back, but in the meantime do your recent posts to me really represent your approach to and motivation behind making reads as a civ?
Are you asking if I'm asking these questions as a civ? Because if so, the answer's yes ... because I'm a civ. I'm not sure what in my posts even has the potential to look false, other than perhaps projecting my behavior onto you — I admit it's dangerous, but patterns in play exist for a reason.
no, it's actually the "townier than thou" attitude that i don't trust

the "everyone should be as civ as possible to avoid being lynched day 1 or 2 thing and the "your behavior doesn't give you townie points" thing.

those are things someone says when they're trying to find and justify lynching someone. they are not things someone says while they're trying to find and lynch mafia.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Alien you’re awesome. I’ll mull over your stuff from this morning.

I need to do things. Otherwise I’ll try to reread some stuff here and then post a new reads list.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

“Townier than thou”.

Totally stealing that, thanks Kyle.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Kylemii wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:04 am
ColinIsCool wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:49 am
no, it's actually the "townier than thou" attitude that i don't trust

the "everyone should be as civ as possible to avoid being lynched day 1 or 2 thing and the "your behavior doesn't give you townie points" thing.

those are things someone says when they're trying to find and justify lynching someone. they are not things someone says while they're trying to find and lynch mafia.
I don't understand a thing you're trying to say here.

I know I am town. I don't know you are town. Am I supposed to assume that you're more town than I am?

Furthermore, I never said "everyone should be as civ as possible," or anything close. And I also don't understand why you feel my line of inquiry is so illegitimate that it means I must have ulterior motives.

Are you focused on finding scum right now, Kyle, or are you just focused on making me look bad?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

ColinIsCool wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:08 am Has anybody made a post about whether Alien is similarly hedgey in other games?

Colin I went through both of my Champs games last night because I’m a masochist and made a summary post about it.. check like... 8-9 hours ago.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Like, I really have no idea what you're actually accusing me of. Assigning townie points is bad now? Am I not supposed to read people? What are we playing here?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

*thinks*

Colin v Kyle
Alien v Russ
Mac v sprityo

Can all of these be town v town? Which of them seems most like two townies arguing past each other and why? Least? I’m thinking this to myself but input would be appreciated.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

[mention]Tsaiah[/mention]

You’re going to hate playing with me. :p

Another thought though: Whenever you’re caught up
and/or ready to discuss this can you tell me what you think of Alien’s read of you?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

[mention]Infected_alien8_[/mention]

Alien talk to me more about Mac. You had some reactions to him where you said you felt like he knew I was town. Why is your final conclusion on him your weakest town? I want to get in your head a bit more here.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

M Plus 7 wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:17 am *thinks*

Colin v Kyle
Alien v Russ
Mac v sprityo

Can all of these be town v town? Which of them seems most like two townies arguing past each other and why? Least? I’m thinking this to myself but input would be appreciated.
Dammit I forgot

DH v Jay

That’s important as well.
Lunalee
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 91

Post by Lunalee »

Lunalee wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:08 pm
Infected_alien8_ wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:06 pm
Lunalee wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:06 pm
Infected_alien8_ wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:01 pm
Lunalee wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:58 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:53 pm Luna, what's your reads list look like now? Let's talk about something.
Sure we can chat, but I don't feel like making a rainbow list right now. Maybe later.
I'm pretty sure you're town, so I am open to hearing your opinions on people, since you've played with some of the folks before and I haven't. Also you should trust me, I have been nothing but my usual town self this game.
Why do you think he's Town?
He's just too town to not be town. Does that make any since?
Can you be more specific? What about him is town exactly?
God help me, but I will go through his ISO and quote why I think he's town. I may not be back for a while.
LOL. Nah. I can't trust MP's super-town act. I really, really want to, but there's no way I can trust it.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Ancient Greece Mafia - civilian - loss
U-Pick Mafia - mafia - loss
Retrocausality Mafia - mafia - loss
Mega Man Mafia - mafia - win
Hogwarts Mafia - civilian - loss
Side Missions
Image Mafia - civilian - loss
Courage the Cowardly Dog Mafia - civilian - loss
Heists
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me - civilian - loss
Friends Mafia - civilian - loss
Daily Fantasy Mafia - civilian - win
Everyone's Insane! - mafia - win
Space Force - civilian - loss
Burglaries
Murder on the Owl Express - third party - loss
Operation Refrigerator Restoration - civilian - win
One Hour Werewolf - Tanner - loss
Awful Overplayed Dadrock Mafia - civilian - loss
Dethy Game - civilian - loss
Special Games
Two-Headed Monster Mafia - civilian - win
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Colin v Kyle
Alien v Russ
Mac v sprityo

I think it's possible Kyle is town, although his argument right now reminds me most of his last-lynch offensive against juliets in U-Pick. It was based on a confirmed-false possibility of her having been recruited that most people didn't pick up on as confirmed false, but Kyle used Olympic-level mental gymnastics to try and get her to look bad ... I feel the same way right now because I truly don't understand what he's accusing me of.

Alien v Russ is possible, but I would say Russ looks infinitely better here. It could be possible Russ is going for gold early on to get townpoints and ride that wave, but he's the most genuine feeling of anyone here.

Mac v Sprit is also possible, but I have noted my hesitation to trusting Sprit elsewhere.

Those three would be my ideal wagons today, even though I don't really want to lynch Kyle on his birthday ...
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

M Plus 7 wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:20 am

Colin v Kyle
Alien v Russ
Mac v sprityo

Dammit I forgot

DH v Jay

That’s important as well.
Town-town for now, but I don't even remember this argument.
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Re: DFS Mafia [Day 0]

Post by Lunalee »

Tsaiah wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:26 pm
Lunalee wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:50 am
M Plus 7 wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:36 am
MacDougall wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:48 pm Eye on Lunalee. She has a small amount of posts but each one she feels much more aware of the game happenings than i would expect from a person with four posts. That her first post was a joke reply to my wall of genders felt like her forcing her way into the thread to find an opportunity to break the ice.
Hmmmm... I can see this I think. I definitely want to hear more from her one way or the other.

@Lunalee what are your reads?
Hi, I'll buckle down on this game today. My only observations on the first 5 pages are MP, Tsaiah, JJJ, and abyssum talking about metas and desperately trying to buddy each other, while DH yells at everyone for blowing up the thread on day 0. I don't think I've missed too much, but I'll start keeping up with things. It would be amusing if the ones around here flexing their townie muscles the most were all on a scum team together.
Hi, @Lunalee! Do you think you could really briefly, give me a few ideas about how you make reads? Doesn't have to be long-worded, I'd just like to know how that process basically works in your head.
Hi Tsaiah! I make reads based off what I see in user's posts and my own gut feelings. I mostly take other's posts at face-value and struggle to recognize WIFOM cases, since I don't play that way myself. Does that make since?
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

So Colin what you’re telling me is you think we might have a scum team of Kyle, Alien, and sprityo? Or am I miaunderstanding?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Lunalee wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:22 am
M Plus 7 wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:53 pm Luna, what's your reads list look like now? Let's talk about something.
Sure we can chat, but I don't feel like making a rainbow list right now. Maybe later.
I'm pretty sure you're town, so I am open to hearing your opinions on people, since you've played with some of the folks before and I haven't. Also you should trust me, I have been nothing but my usual town self this game.
God help me, but I will go through his ISO and quote why I think he's town. I may not be back for a while.
LOL. Nah. I can't trust MP's super-town act. I really, really want to, but there's no way I can trust it.
Luna, I don’t understand. Did you find stuff inn my ISO around doubt your read?

Or do you just not trust me after when I was your Cylon partner in BSG the board game? :p
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

M Plus 7 wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:26 am So Colin what you’re telling me is you think we might have a scum team of Kyle, Alien, and sprityo? Or am I miaunderstanding?
There was a RYM game in the earliest stages of the site where I was the cop and got the team figured out in 3 of 4 checks. I am not nearly as good anymore, so I am reluctant to say I have 'em all pegged on Day 1, but ... gun to head, that's what I'd go with.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Lol *reminiscing* dammit Luna I still can’t believe we lost that game on a dice roll.

I played TOO supatown lol I should have sabotaged more at the beginning but I felt I couldn’t tip my hand. I really probably could have though considering how easily [mention]speedchuck[/mention] looks scummy when he’s town. :p
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 7

Post by speedchuck »

M Plus 7 wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:31 am Lol *reminiscing* dammit Luna I still can’t believe we lost that game on a dice roll.

I played TOO supatown lol I should have sabotaged more at the beginning but I felt I couldn’t tip my hand. I really probably could have though considering how easily speedchuck looks scummy when he’s town. :p
Everyone always thinks I'm scummy.

I'm not scum, I'm just a psychopath.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

Tsaiah wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:33 pm
Lunalee wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:03 am My thoughts on everyone who has posted so far (in reverse alphabetical order):

I like Turnip Head for now. He's active and concise. I can keep up with his posts.
Tsaiah is on the "buddy MP" train. But has contributed a good bit for day 0. I'm keeping my eye on him.
Sprityo has come into the thread with nothing but questions about the game, and empty commentary on what's happening. I don't like his look.
Russtifinko is engaging with the thread and actually attempting to scum-hunt. He looking good.
MP needs to chill. I'm not going to read all your posts buddy. I don't have a read on you either. MP is playing super excited townie, which could also be a cover act if he's mafia.
No real read on Marmot yet. He seems like a typical day 0 player so far
Mac's first post looks like he's buddying MP. But then he later completely retracts that. Mac seems very convinced that he's town, and I don't have a reason to argue that yet.
Kylemii has only talked about his own meta, and cracked jokes. If he's town, he'd better start actually trying on day 1.
I like JJJ. He looks town to me.
Infected_alien is giving off a "commentary vibe" in his posts. Not too many actual opinions, but looks like he's adding something. I don't like it.
I feel like DH is the only sane person here, and I like his posts. I don't have an alignment read on him yet, but I'm keeping my eye on him.
Colin thinks Alien's hunting looks genuine. Am I missing something? Other than that, Colin hasn't added much to the thread. Slightly bad read.
abyssum has been very "careful" with their posts. They almost look too good. I don't trust them yet.
Lunalee, just fwiw, I'm a she. :3

What do you mean, exactly, about Aby being "careful" with their posts, how did "they almost look too good" to you, at that point?
Right, sorry I knew you were female, and forgot. :3
I was sort of skimming Aby's posts and don't remember exactly what I saw to make me feel that way. I'm going to take another look though....
At my second go-through, Aby actually looks pretty good. I'm willing to give them a town read for now and keep my eye on their opinions of other players.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

M Plus 7 wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:28 am

Or do you just not trust me after when I was your Cylon partner in BSG the board game? :p
Okay, it may sound stupid, but that is actually when I decided I can't ever read you properly. You're going to be "excited town" regardless and I don't want to get sucked into buying it.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 215

Post by DharmaHelper »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:26 pm
@Turnip Head -- Turnip Head hasn't really got rolling into the game yet but has frequently tried to voice opinions and comment on things. I think Turnip Head is town.
MacDougall wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:16 pm Can we lynch Turnip Head? I know it's an about face but I think he'll flip red and if he does I'm willing to back off sprityo and Dharmahelper too.

our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

The flaw in Mac's "Lets lynch the people who aren't playing because then we'll have a much more active thread" plan is pretty glaring.

If you already, as Mac admits, have an active thread to pull pages of information from, why would you advocate lynching someone who isn't part of that pool of information? If, by Mac's own admission, there is an unusually high amount of participation already, then there's an unusually high amount of data, an unusually high chance *already* that an active player is bad, an unusually high chance that player fucked up, an unusually high chance that if you dialed in on that player you could build an unusually tight case for their lynch.

Mac (and to an extent Jay) taking an easy road when they keep bitching and moaning about how much stuff is in the thread already instead of using the stuff in the thread to actually hunt kind of makes me go "Hmmmmmmmmm"

But hey what do I know.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Lunalee wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:39 am

Okay, it may sound stupid, but that is actually when I decided I can't ever read you properly. You're going to be "excited town" regardless and I don't want to get sucked into buying it.
LMFAO I KNEW IT

Dumb game. Wasn’t worth barely losing to never have Luna’s trust again. :p
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I spend 4 days struggling to wade through MP's Speedball Hour and can't get a word in edgwise.

I make two actual posts and everybody shuts the fuck up lol

ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

DharmaHelper wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:46 am
MacDougall wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:26 pm
@Turnip Head -- Turnip Head hasn't really got rolling into the game yet but has frequently tried to voice opinions and comment on things. I think Turnip Head is town.
MacDougall wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:16 pm Can we lynch Turnip Head? I know it's an about face but I think he'll flip red and if he does I'm willing to back off sprityo and Dharmahelper too.

YESSS

NEGAN DH IN THE HOUSE
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I really ought to keep all my random tinfoil to myself for now but...

LUNA AND TSAIAH SCUMMATES? Ahhhh *brain explodes*

Nah I don’t believe this.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

DharmaHelper wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:53 am The flaw in Mac's "Lets lynch the people who aren't playing because then we'll have a much more active thread" plan is pretty glaring.

If you already, as Mac admits, have an active thread to pull pages of information from, why would you advocate lynching someone who isn't part of that pool of information? If, by Mac's own admission, there is an unusually high amount of participation already, then there's an unusually high amount of data, an unusually high chance *already* that an active player is bad, an unusually high chance that player fucked up, an unusually high chance that if you dialed in on that player you could build an unusually tight case for their lynch.

Mac (and to an extent Jay) taking an easy road when they keep bitching and moaning about how much stuff is in the thread already instead of using the stuff in the thread to actually hunt kind of makes me go "Hmmmmmmmmm"

But hey what do I know.
Not a bad perspective on it
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

DharmaHelper wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:53 am The flaw in Mac's "Lets lynch the people who aren't playing because then we'll have a much more active thread" plan is pretty glaring.

But hey what do I know.
That’s not how POE works. What you’re describing is an information lynch which is... gross.

I do get where you’re coming from though.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

DharmaHelper wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:59 am I spend 4 days struggling to wade through MP's Speedball Hour and can't get a word in edgwise.

I make two actual posts and everybody shuts the fuck up lol
I was getting a shower. Can’t play mafia there. :p
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

M Plus 7 wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:58 am
Lunalee wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:39 am

LMFAO I KNEW IT

Dumb game. Wasn’t worth barely losing to never have Luna’s trust again. :p
Also once you see Jay play IRL mafia especially if he’s scum three times in a row again like he was last time you will never want to trust him again. :p

Return to “Previous Heists”