Moderator: Community Team

JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 806
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: Easter Mafia [DAY 5]

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

The frustrating thing about Quin's content is that the thing I can most readily argue in his favor (the self-vote nonsense) is itself a bucket of WIFOM. And, well...
Quin wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 10:01 pm i'd have killed marmot because i'm really leaning into this wifom thing and he's getting in my way
:smile:
Spoiler: show
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Important note: by the time we have reached the deadline, we ought to have some relative consensus. If the votes are split, it empowers Colin to influence the poll (and even pure WIFOM can damage the civilians right now).
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

If you're a civilian and find yourself in the suspect pool, you'd better be attacking this day phase with fire and fury. The game depends upon it.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 405
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Re: Easter Mafia [DAY 3]

Post by Scotty »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:33 pm
Scotty wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 1:04 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 1:00 pm
Scotty wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 12:54 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 12:28 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 12:14 pm What makes Scotty town again? : p
For me it’s that he seems pretty similar to his town play in AG the more I see of it, but he’s going to have to flesh out some of these ideas he has and soon.
I’ve already said I think you look suspicious for how you subtly defended choutas on day 1 by proffering that there were better options while rolling your eyes and placing a vote there. You showed up to a friend’s house, and when he handed you a cold refreshing glass of Sunny D, you told him you’d drink it even though it tastes like cat urine
And I’ve already said that I didn’t defend Choutas. What time would you like us to repeat this exchange tomorrow?
:suspish:
That you can’t own up that you even softly defended him is beyond me. Like, it’s ok if you did defend him, everyone does that. But you’re so guarded about it

Who is your scummate
I still think this exchange looks decent for Scotty. The highlighted portion in particular is of interest to me, because this is something I think they would discuss in BTSC rather than in some inflated distancing effort in the game thread. Scotty is right that defending a mafioso isn't necessarily a damning thing, and that Colin refused to accept that he may have done so indirectly was a bad look.

Enter BTSC...

Scotty: you're fighting hard dude, but i honestly think you're better off just admitting that you defended him. it's not that big a deal. besides, jjj loves honesty! [insert metaphor]
Colin: i mean, i guess. i don't know if i really even did that, but i can see how it looks.

There's too much WIFOM here for me to slap a HOT on it, but it's not a NOT either. I'll allow others to judge.
lol my input in what my partners do when I’m bad in BTSC is usually pretty scarce. One day we’ll be bad together, JJJ! But I usually go my own route when bad, and will only occasionally check up. Maybe if I don’t have time constraint, I’ll often think up scenarios. Anyway, yea, this is pretty WiFoMy

Wait, I just remembered another baddie game I was on with Epi that we won- The Office. Also where is Epi?
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Scotty wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:13 pmAlso where is Epi?
Busy with the end of the school year. We definitely should not wait around for him -- he'll dip in when he can, if he is permitted to do so.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 344

Post by ColinIsCool »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:11 pm Important note: by the time we have reached the deadline, we ought to have some relative consensus. If the votes are split, it empowers Colin to influence the poll (and even pure WIFOM can damage the civilians right now).
I wouldn’t do that.

Oh, wait. Yeah, I would.

You still haven’t asked me any questions! Don’t you wanna know my *secrets*?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

ColinIsCool wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:26 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:11 pm Important note: by the time we have reached the deadline, we ought to have some relative consensus. If the votes are split, it empowers Colin to influence the poll (and even pure WIFOM can damage the civilians right now).
I wouldn’t do that.

Oh, wait. Yeah, I would.

Do you wipe up or down?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 408
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I'll be back to participate tonight or tomorrow. Gonna actually do some work today.

Don't let me stop y'all from finding that last scum though. I believe in you!

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 487

Re: Easter Mafia [DAY 1]

Post by Dyslexicon »

ColinIsCool wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 9:33 pm Hey, engage with me all you want, I just think there are much better targets out there, and the fact that they're "easy" or whatever shouldn't stop us from considering them if they look scummy. Love that tiger stuff though!
This is to me. Ugh, I can't believe I let this go. "Love that tiger stuff" lol. How come you never loved Scotty's allegories that much?
ColinIsCool wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 12:43 pm
Scotty wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 12:42 pm
Marmot wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 12:41 pm Never mind, Scotty had voted him very early on.
Scotty wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 1:00 am [VOTE: choutas] aubergine

Eyyyyyyyy boi
Aye
Why?
Colin brings up about why for Scotty's RVS vote. I don't think Scotty answers this and it was dropped.
ColinIsCool wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 5:36 pm I have you and Marmot leaning scum, and I’m not convinced re: Eloh, so I don’t think those are just “easy” reads.

As far as “flexible” goes, I’m certainly open to hearing arguments for anybody but a lot of these players I’ve only seen one way and I’m doing a lot of taking peoples’ word on meta analysis. JJJ, Epi, Kyle, I don’t know what they look like as scum so I don’t know what to watch out for. I disengaged from Greece after dying so anything that happened after the early stages was beyond me.
Defending against MP.
ColinIsCool wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 11:31 am
Scotty wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 11:19 am ALIVE:
ColinIsCool - BAD
Dyslexicon - GOOD
Elohcin - BAD
Epignosis - BAD
JaggedJimmyJay - GOOD
lapluie - GOOD
M Plus 7 - GOOD
Marmot (Replaced MacDougall) - BAD
Nutella (Replaced TheFloyd73) - GOOD
Quin - GOOD
Scotty - GOD
You happen to be driving through any tunnels on your way to MA?
I guess this is referencing Scotty tunneling him? I think Colin has a more consistent attitude against Scotty.
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 7:45 pm Hope my name tastes good on account of how often it comes outta yr mouths Scotty and lap :evileye:
Here too, including Lap.
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 8:32 am
nutella wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 2:59 am I should really be asleep by now but I suddenly got this nagging hunch that wolves is lapluie and marmot. Idk, was thinking about some possible permutations and this one seemed to click, but I haven't looked into much to flesh it out so it's just a hunch.

Linki ok yeah sounds good lol [VOTE: lapluie] aubergine
And y’all are gonna call my thought processes hard to follow?
This is to Nut, though. Not defending an accusation, but a salty comment.

Colin was rather Salty with Jimmey too later, but at that point he was under real pressure unlike the beginnings of the game.

---

Can't say I found this super conclusive, but I generally don't like the Scotty/Colin interaction. Definitely possible distancing imo.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

I hear you.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:27 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:26 pm
I wouldn’t do that.

Oh, wait. Yeah, I would.

Do you wipe up or down?
Mafia is a dangerous game, but wiping up is much more dangerous than I’m willing to play.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Colin was that fucking tiger all along. xD
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

The more Quin doesn't post, the more I'm like, ok maybe it's just Quin. I'm reading his ISO next. I need to take breaks though. I'm truly spending too much time on mafia today.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:32 pm The more Quin doesn't post, the more I'm like, ok maybe it's just Quin. I'm reading his ISO next. I need to take breaks though. I'm truly spending too much time on mafia today.
I find myself wanting to select Scotty over nutella for the backup slot, but she has been as quiet as Quin today (and as confident as he was on Day 4 :suspish: ), so I'm just like :shrug2:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Dyslexicon
<3

Re: Easter Mafia [DAY 4]

Post by Dyslexicon »

Tiger memes is a thing.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:35 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:32 pm The more Quin doesn't post, the more I'm like, ok maybe it's just Quin. I'm reading his ISO next. I need to take breaks though. I'm truly spending too much time on mafia today.
I find myself wanting to select Scotty over nutella for the backup slot, but she has been as quiet as Quin today (and as confident as he was on Day 4 :suspish: ), so I'm just like :shrug2:
Scum the lot of them!

I hope it's just Quin. For several reasons.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 383
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

I. Have. A. Fucking. Job. I'm still halfway through Scotty's iso and keeping up with current posts as quickly as I can. I'll participate more this evening and tomorrow when I'm not working.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 450
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

nutella wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:45 pm
I. Have. A. Fucking. Job. I'm still halfway through Scotty's iso and keeping up with current posts as quickly as I can. I'll participate more this evening and tomorrow when I'm not working.
We all have a fucking job. I understand that you cannot always be here. I was away for almost 2 entire cycles. Nonetheless, I have to judge what's in the game, and what's not. I won't condemn you before you've had a chance to do your thing.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

M Plus 7 wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:46 pm Image
Airplaaaaaane. Also, I kind of hate being left alive until endgame lol
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:48 pm Airplaaaaaane. Also, I kind of hate being left alive until endgame lol
This always happens to me. For whatever reason, people don't kill me. It's honestly kind of infuriating. I don't know if it's avoidance of doctor protections, or trying not to be exposed given my reads, or if I am just not perceived as a problem -- but nobody ever kills me. It's an insult. :mad:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:50 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:48 pm Airplaaaaaane. Also, I kind of hate being left alive until endgame lol
This always happens to me. For whatever reason, people don't kill me. It's honestly kind of infuriating. I don't know if it's avoidance of doctor protections, or trying not to be exposed given my reads, or if I am just not perceived as a problem -- but nobody ever kills me. It's an insult. :mad:
I've noticed and I think it's strange. Maybe Jimmey tinfoil is something that is relied on. I would be tempted to kill on as scum, I think. Active posters are always a problem for scum imo.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Well I should say, people on The Syndicate don't kill me. Whenever I go anywhere else I tend to get roasted on Night 1 or 2. There's some kind of cultural quirk at work.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:58 pm Well I should say, people on The Syndicate don't kill me. Whenever I go anywhere else I tend to get roasted on Night 1 or 2. There's some kind of cultural quirk at work.
Ask about MP's first experience on PerC. : p
I'm more often than not killed early on my home site. I think I'm taken less seriously on other sites. Though I was killed first in my last game, which I was perfectly happy about tbh.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 450
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:00 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:58 pm Well I should say, people on The Syndicate don't kill me. Whenever I go anywhere else I tend to get roasted on Night 1 or 2. There's some kind of cultural quirk at work.
Ask about MP's first experience on PerC. : p
I'm more often than not killed early on my home site. I think I'm taken less seriously on other sites. Though I was killed first in my last game, which I was perfectly happy about tbh.
:sigh:
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:00 pm Ask about MP's first experience on PerC. : p
They killed me pretty quick in my game there too, after Pozzai and I spent a few days fighting over control of the thread. :p

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

I wonder why I haven’t been nightkilled yet.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:39 pm
Scotty wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:59 pmHow it made sense was that Kyle was universally town read if I recall, whereas nova was not. You disagree that it was a strategic kill?
Not really. Kyle wasn't doing shit and was also explicitly not Gladys. It was probably intended to be strategic, but I don't think it was a good strategy. It's kind of whatever.
RE: Elo and Colin- I had both as bad at that point, and no one was biting on Colin so I voted for the one of the team that I found suspicious and others did too. If it’s a classic mafia move as you are suggesting...oh well

So laying it out- I think Colin could be bad when wolbre is lynched, but wolbre looks more suspicious. Then Elo and Colin look like potential scum partners so I offer both up, and people gravitate more towards her so confirmation bias sets in. After elo’s mislynch, i felt like it was getting out of hand so I started really digging into Colin, yea, cause it was pissing me off that I was wrong about the others but it all cane back to Colin
I just find it amazing that you had so much criticism of Colin, yet never voted him or tried out if a wagon could build on him before D4.
RE: coffee. Come on, really? If that’s supposed to be a scumslip, then I’m a sentient can of folgers
Behold the mighty "I need coffee" scum tell!
It will be thy doom!
I have myself fallen to it, and though the taste is bitter, it keeps me perky.
No one else picked up on him. When it came down to it, I kept finding reasons to vote other people and be more productive on trains that existed, but I doubled down after elo’s misylunch and wasn’t pussyfooting around yesterday.

But you’re not actually serious about the coffee thing, are you? It makes 0 sense

Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Scotty wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:06 pmNo one else picked up on him. When it came down to it, I kept finding reasons to vote other people and be more productive on trains that existed, but I doubled down after elo’s misylunch and wasn’t pussyfooting around yesterday.

But you’re not actually serious about the coffee thing, are you? It makes 0 sense
I'm half serious because of this: Owner (a new player on this site actually) noticed that when I mentioned being tired and needing coffee I was more likely to be scum than not. This was exactly true (though not for the reason she originally thought). It was true because I kind of blamed "oh if this is coming across weird or not coherent or tired or off or whatever then it's because I'm tired and need me coffee hehehe". I did that often when scum. It's been a running gag ever since. Incidentally I brought this up with Colin when he did this exact thing in the game. And he WAS scum. You are the only other player in this game to do exactly this, saying you need coffee to do better, essentially. I know it sounds silly, but the reasoning behind, wanting to express you are tired and can't fully be held accountable, is not silly. And if you are scum, this is too good. Behold the mighty coffee tell.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Also, didn't Colin say he didn't even drink coffee. So obviously he did use it to be manipulative. I'm telling you. Coffee is the key to mafia lolololo
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:48 pm
Scotty wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:31 pmI’ve learned a lesson in past games to not tunnel exclusively. I’m always going to have suspicions elsewhere, because that would just be 2-D life baby. And no one wants to live 2D. I found the MP kill odd regardless, even though you apparently don’t. Why didn’t you think he could be lynched? I found him plenty suspicious in the night, as did a few other people. Also my theory that MP was looking closely at a person did turn out to look correct with Colin being Mp’s Main suspect. Could have been coincidence, but I think not. Good to know you thought Mp wouldn’t be mislynched.

My indecisiveness came when claims came into the mix. My initial predilection was to trust Marmot’s claim, because no one had countered. Colon looked fishier than a Japanese market. But his breadcrumbs were shit and I know I wasn’t the only one thinking that. I ended up on the wrong side on the end there.
I will say that objectively my not being around at EoD yesterday is inherently questionable, but I can’t help if my phone dies. If I had been around when JJJ brought up colin’s Interactions concerning Keith, I would have switched back. But that’s impossible to prove
I don't think MP would be mislynched because I would fight that like I should've fought for Wolbre. I know this is all internal. Doesn't matter now.

All you say is just like ok. I'm not really swayed. I think you're slippery. You can point and laugh if Quin is scum, but these are my thoughts.
You fighting = / = preventing a mislynch. Maybe, but I feel like you were in the minority

“All I say is just ok”?
Ok

And I want to find the last guy as much as you. I’m working through which of you and nut are bad if not Quin. It’s probsbly all a moot point but why not weigh all the options.

I don’t want to get to a point where we do mislynch someone today only to talk circles around me tomorrow, so I’d like to be in the same page here today

Scotty
Jeff

Re: Easter Mafia [DAY 2]

Post by Scotty »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:49 pm
Scotty wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:44 pm That would be stupid as shit if I broadcast my intentions like that as bad. But yeah it would be funny I guess
Given that you proposed that particular line of inquiry (down the line if we have a few mislynches -- hello), do you think anyone fits the bill?
You, to an extent. I don’t think anyone here has exhibited that level of suspicion.

Scotty
Jeff

Re: Easter Mafia [DAY 1]

Post by Scotty »

Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:51 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:14 pmWhen it comes to establishing Day 1 distance, I don't think the appearance tends to be quite this severe -- at least not when a lynch wagon isn't already being formed. I designate this moment

I don't think it's very severe at all. There's also no follow up. Just a cop out vote on Floyd and saying that if he were to vote elsewhere, but he won't, it would be either Eloh or choutas. Not hot at all to me.
Dys, no offense but regardless of my alignment, I would do that on D1. We just haven’t played a game together, but it’s my quid pro quo. Noshow-ers > posters

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:56 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:22 pmI have personally said shit like this as a mafioso to civilians who are on my case and won't leave me alone. This looks a lot like Colin trying to find a moment to catch his breath when faced with a civilian who won't leave him be. For Scotty, I designate this moment

I'll give you this though. I'm intending to look over how Colin behaves towards other people suspecting him. It looked to me as if Colin wasn't really that worried about Scotty most of the time, and instead of trying to get him off the tail it was more of an attitude of "oh, and what about you, huh?" imo. And that smells more like distancing. Like "no you are ridiculous for suspecting me". Hopefully I'll get something out of checking Colins attitude towards other people. Colin wrote me off as appreciating my concern early in the game at least.

Also, it's Scotty's interaction with choutas and Colin I find the most damning. Colin first saying Scotty didn't look the same as in AG where he was town (and then nullifying it with a "but maybe I'm not accustomed to their playstyle") on D1, and then saying Scotty does look the same as in AG on D3 when Scotty had established town cred is particularly suspicious to me.
I can’t speak to what Colin said about me. I also don’t see how that example above makes me look better, but y’all have made some comments about my civ was that I’m just scratching my head on, but that’s fine

How is my interaction with choutas damning?

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:57 pm
Scotty wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:54 pm I gotta say tho, I like dys’s recent pew-pewing into me. I’m more surprised that no one has done this sooner. I think it reads as actually hunting.

Nutella, meanwhile, looks like she’s piggybacking and nodding her head with a “yea guys!” Thrown in
So do you think Quin is scum, or do you think Nut is scum then?
I think Quin made an incredibly WIFOMy comment today that makes me feel he is the scum. I think all of this could be a moot point and easy as that, but we’ll see

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:13 pm
Scotty wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:06 pmNo one else picked up on him. When it came down to it, I kept finding reasons to vote other people and be more productive on trains that existed, but I doubled down after elo’s misylunch and wasn’t pussyfooting around yesterday.

I'm half serious because of this: Owner (a new player on this site actually) noticed that when I mentioned being tired and needing coffee I was more likely to be scum than not. This was exactly true (though not for the reason she originally thought). It was true because I kind of blamed "oh if this is coming across weird or not coherent or tired or off or whatever then it's because I'm tired and need me coffee hehehe". I did that often when scum. It's been a running gag ever since. Incidentally I brought this up with Colin when he did this exact thing in the game. And he WAS scum. You are the only other player in this game to do exactly this, saying you need coffee to do better, essentially. I know it sounds silly, but the reasoning behind, wanting to express you are tired and can't fully be held accountable, is not silly. And if you are scum, this is too good. Behold the mighty coffee tell.
That you need coffee when scum is not applicable to everyone. That’s like assuming that just because you simultneously hiccup and fart that everyone else simultaneously hiccups and farts. You’ll find I have a lot of word vomit all the time in every game

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:14 pm Also, didn't Colin say he didn't even drink coffee. So obviously he did use it to be manipulative. I'm telling you. Coffee is the key to mafia lolololo
:coffee:

Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Well, Quin isn't even making an effort, which is maybe the most damning thing for him right now imo. He could maybe just not give a fuck because he thinks he's lost already. While we ruin our brains among each other.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Even if it is Quin, I feel better about the civilian play in this game if we don't allow ourselves to fart around and then lynch him. A backup plan is critical. Besides, I think he is subject to similar time constraints as nutella (with an Australian time zone to boot), so I remain patient.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Scotty wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:32 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:13 pm

That you need coffee when scum is not applicable to everyone. That’s like assuming that just because you simultneously hiccup and fart that everyone else simultaneously hiccups and farts. You’ll find I have a lot of word vomit all the time in every game
But that's not the point. It's not the needing it. It's saying that you need it cause you are tired as a preemptive mini defense for why your posts may come off incoherent/weird/otherwise damning. That's what I did many times. That's presumable what Colin did since he did say he needed coffee but doesn't even drink it.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I think it's a nice opportunity for us to collectively play a game of Why Is Everyone a Civilian?

List every player. Provide at least one reason why you believe they could be civilians.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Dys, I like you. You remind me of my cousin. She lives in a tree

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Per the coffee tell:

I think it makes perfect sense. It amuses me that it exists. I have never really thought of it before, but I can absolutely see "sorry I'm confused and need my coffee" type comments reflecting a mafioso who has goofed and wants to blame it on a fluid. That resonates with me. I cannot pretend I have seen any evidence of it being reliable apart from Colin's incident in this game, but it's something I'll look for.

It's no less legitimate than other tells I have looked for in the past, like Why Me? defenses or "What do you want from me?".

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Scotty wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:37 pm Dys, I like you. You remind me of my cousin. She lives in a tree
I love climbing trees! In fact, I will go outside and do that now.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:39 pm Per the coffee tell:

I think it makes perfect sense. It amuses me that it exists. I have never really thought of it before, but I can absolutely see "sorry I'm confused and need my coffee" type comments reflecting a mafioso who has goofed and wants to blame it on a fluid. That resonates with me. I cannot pretend I have seen any evidence of it being reliable apart from Colin's incident in this game, but it's something I'll look for.

It's no less legitimate than other tells I have looked for in the past, like Why Me? defenses or "What do you want from me?".
It amused me too when I figured out that was how Owner had gotten a handle on reading me. I could totally see how I was preemptively excusing myself for my content, with or without mentioning coffee. But since I drink a lot of coffee, it came up a lot for me. It's fun. : p

I don't get how Scotty don't get it.
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 302

Post by Quin »

Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:33 pm Well, Quin isn't even making an effort, which is maybe the most damning thing for him right now imo. He could maybe just not give a fuck because he thinks he's lost already. While we ruin our brains among each other.
or maybe he was sleeping through the two or three god damn posts where you've said this
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

coffee time :grin:
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

The coffee tell is absolutely a thing. It's more of an "excuse" tell, actually. In Mad Max I was using the summer heat as an excuse not to be productive. I almost did the same thing in the 2016 GoC before I caught myself doing it.

"I'm sick" is also a tell, in the spirit of honest communication. :smile:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 383
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Finished Scotty's iso and didn't find anything additional to point out other than what dizzy and I have already talked about. it's enough to make him my backup but for now I am still thinking it is most likely just quin.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

nutella wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:00 pm Finished Scotty's iso and didn't find anything additional to point out other than what dizzy and I have already talked about. it's enough to make him my backup but for now I am still thinking it is most likely just quin.
yeah but where's the iso
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Heists”