La Monte Young - Can do nothing.
Tony Conrad - Can do nothing.
Robert Ashley - Can do nothing.
Gavin Bryars - Can do nothing.
Pauline Oliveros - Can do nothing.
Harold Budd - Can do nothing.
Meredith Monk - Can do nothing.

Mafia:
John Cage - Kills nightly and can silence one player each night.

Day periods will last 2160 hours. Night periods will last 1440 hours.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 4
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Re: Minimalism Mafia

Post by Tangrowth »

Lol, this is so awesome. Is this a legitimate idea or is it a joke?

Regardless, does the game still have day periods? I only ask because it says the civvies can do nothing, so I was wondering if that is night-only and they can still vote, or if they can literally do NOTHING.
A Person
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 1

Post by A Person »

thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 3

Post by thellama73 »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Lol, this is so awesome. Is this a legitimate idea or is it a joke?

Regardless, does the game still have day periods? I only ask because it says the civvies can do nothing, so I was wondering if that is night-only and they can still vote, or if they can literally do NOTHING.
It's mostly a joke, but it would be fun to set a record for longest mafia game ever!

There are still day periods because one person will be silenced during them and that is when the lynch poll will run. There will probably be some night polls as well.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

thellama73 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Lol, this is so awesome. Is this a legitimate idea or is it a joke?

It's mostly a joke, but it would be fun to set a record for longest mafia game ever!

There are still day periods because one person will be silenced during them and that is when the lynch poll will run. There will probably be some night polls as well.
Sign me up! :feb:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I suppose if this was to be taken beyond the realm of a joke game, you'd almost have to run it simultaneously to the legitimate full and speed games already playing -- as if this gets its own special exception. Because to run this as a speed game could be ridiculous, unless we literally had zero speed game supply for a significant period of time.

Now whether you actually would want to do that and whether it would actually happen are different, but nonetheless, intriguing to speculate.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 3

Post by thellama73 »

MovingPictures07 wrote:I suppose if this was to be taken beyond the realm of a joke game, you'd almost have to run it simultaneously to the legitimate full and speed games already playing -- as if this gets its own special exception. Because to run this as a speed game could be ridiculous, unless we literally had zero speed game supply for a significant period of time.

Now whether you actually would want to do that and whether it would actually happen are different, but nonetheless, intriguing to speculate.
Yes, I would definitely not want to monopolize the speed game forum for more than a year. It would run simultaneously with other games.

If people are legitimately interested in it, I would totally be up for running it. I have lots of ideas and think I could make it really interesting, you know, if you think really minimal things drawn out over many months are interesting (which I do!)

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

thellama73 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:I suppose if this was to be taken beyond the realm of a joke game, you'd almost have to run it simultaneously to the legitimate full and speed games already playing -- as if this gets its own special exception. Because to run this as a speed game could be ridiculous, unless we literally had zero speed game supply for a significant period of time.

Yes, I would definitely not want to monopolize the speed game forum for more than a year. It would run simultaneously with other games.

If people are legitimately interested in it, I would totally be up for running it. I have lots of ideas and think I could make it really interesting, you know, if you think really minimal things drawn out over many months are interesting (which I do!)
Just because it's so absurd and intriguing, I know I would be interested in it because like you I love that sort of thing. The theme helps too (Cage, Budd, and Reich are amazing, to say the least, and so are many others you have as roles). We just would have to hammer out all of the bizarre mechanics in implementation if this were to become a reality. If you feel you do get adequate, legitimate interest and thus want to try hosting this, shoot me a PM and we can discuss that out further, and see if all of this will work.
borokkuei
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 1

Post by borokkuei »

I would totally play this. I'm really great at doing nothing.

Return to “Mafia Game Submission Archive”