33%

Total votes: 15
DrumBeats
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 186

Re: Battlestar Galactica Mafia - Day 8

Post by DrumBeats »

So say we all!

I'm not liking Rabbit or Bea very much right now, but I cannot see the two as a scumpair. Leaning toward Rabbit being the scum of the two based on more recent behavior, but the Nutella/Zebra interactions were much better than the nutella/Bea interactions imo.

Similarly, I could see one of Sig and Wilgy being mafia, though I will admit much of the reasoning behind my distrust of Wilgy is that he is a for sure cylon, but not for sure town-aligned. Glorf's flip makes me a bit more willing to believe Wilgy for now though.

@insertnamehere - I think we can take the quotes at face value and work from there. For example, the first quote is clearly from indiglo, who was night killed, so I am heavily inclined to believe that it comes from a town mindset and should be trusted. The second quote however, I cannot deduce the poster and it seems to be pursuing an obvious antitown goal, so I do not really trust it.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 646
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

So say we all.

I don't have time for much more than that at the moment. My read on rabbit8:
Spoiler: show
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
ObscureAllure
The Mark
Posts in topic: 335

Post by ObscureAllure »

So say we all. Hmmm. Well that was... Interesting. Almost like he knew he was going to die.

I can't read Rabbit for shit, never have been able to. However, I feel very confident that Zebra was recruited right before she left based on a sudden change in her approach, suspicions, and some
Of her comments. That will likely be my vote, but we shall see.

I'm still suspicious of bea, and like the whispers I am also shocked she's still
Alive for how long she's been prime.

I don't know what to think of Dex's comment to me. Part of me feels like he was legitly trying to give a heads up, part of me feels like it was super convienent that he posts that just before the NK.
Epignosis wrote:Bitch slap in the name of Jesus.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 383

Post by S~V~S »

So say we all!

RIP Dex :(

Like one of the dead, I also think sig needs to go. We went all tangent wise overnight, and forgot about how sig survived his lynch.

And Polo, who now seems to be lurking 24/7 when that was not the case before,

Image[/quote]
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
rabbit8 wrote:LOL, that's not good for me. You caught me.
Epignosis just tore this guy in half and his only response is this crap. There's no townie in this man's blood.
I agree; I think Rabbit is like me, a baddie at heart. But that doesn't mean hosts never send him PMs with a civ role. It means that people suspect him for his nature. He has, again, like me, less of a filter when he's a civ, so he says whatever comes to his head, and it looks suspish when you pick it apart. I am familiar with this. I personally do not think he is bad, I actually feel more confident about him than I did about Zebra, and I had a mid civ read on her.

I understand Epis points on Der Fuzzster; I don't draw the same conclusion from them as he does, though, and I disagree that he "tore him in half", but I understand them. You not so much, Jay. I think you are on my reread list today. I trusted Indi, and it is obvious which one of the dead she is, and I definitely believe in "dead hindsight". Maybe it is also time to look at who the dead suspected.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

S~V~S wrote:I agree; I think Rabbit is like me, a baddie at heart. But that doesn't mean hosts never send him PMs with a civ role. It means that people suspect him for his nature. He has, again, like me, less of a filter when he's a civ, so he says whatever comes to his head, and it looks suspish when you pick it apart. I am familiar with this. I personally do not think he is bad, I actually feel more confident about him than I did about Zebra, and I had a mid civ read on her.
I don't think he's suspicious because he's made careless comments that can be "picked apart". I think he's suspicious because when faced with a case he provided the token "lol yeah good case, you should lynch me". In my experience that sort of thing is more often baddie-inclined than your average post, and the motivation isn't difficult to identify. Instead of attempting/failing to explain oneself rationally, a baddie just jovially accepts the case in hopes that it will be dismissed as WIFOM or irrelevant humor. There's no need to "pick him apart" with that kind of content, it's right in front of everyone's face.

I thought Zebra was fine too before she was replaced. After that replacement I think that player slot has plummeted. I can believe that rabbit is the sort of player to draw inordinate suspicion for brash behavior, but I am not willing to give him a pass for certain offenses. To clarify:

Sometimes I am willing to give someone a pass for the following things if I feel it's genuine or there are discernible town motives:

~ Goofing around (hi Marmot)
~ Taking unexplained strong stances (hi Zebra)
~ Emotional play

I am not willing to give someone a pass for these:

~ A concerted effort to assemble a universe in which I/anyone else am/is bad no matter what the context or circumstance based upon unproven mechanical guessing
~ Failure to address a case in a believable way, especially when it's a brazen and open failure to even make any attempt
~ Blatant discredits of other players with no logical bearing on reads

I think rabbit8 is guilty of everything in the latter category, and I am not going to allow meta to save him from those offenses.
S~V~S wrote:I understand Epis points on Der Fuzzster; I don't draw the same conclusion from them as he does, though, and I disagree that he "tore him in half", but I understand them. You not so much, Jay. I think you are on my reread list today. I trusted Indi, and it is obvious which one of the dead she is, and I definitely believe in "dead hindsight". Maybe it is also time to look at who the dead suspected.
Go for it. I'm good and I think my posts show that.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

And I thought you were civ too, and have disagreed with those who thought otherwise pretty much the whol game. But last night bothers me. It is what I expect from Epi; he finds a thing, and thinks it is something when maybe it is not, but he is always full speed ahead damn the torpedoes; doubt is not in his Mafia lexicon. Then he seeks to prove it, and can read into things becasue he is SO sure. This is not what I expect from you. It seemed somewhat opportunistic to me.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

S~V~S wrote:And I thought you were civ too, and have disagreed with those who thought otherwise pretty much the whol game. But last night bothers me. It is what I expect from Epi; he finds a thing, and thinks it is something when maybe it is not, but he is always full speed ahead damn the torpedoes; doubt is not in his Mafia lexicon. Then he seeks to prove it, and can read into things becasue he is SO sure. This is not what I expect from you. It seemed somewhat opportunistic to me.
I think you'll find that my read on rabbit fell far from "trust" well before Epignosis ever provided that case.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Things Glorfindel said to/about Black Rock:
Glorfindel wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I'll also be more willing to join the heap against Glorfindel if he doesn't give me my suspects. *looks at watch*
Fear not my friend.
I have to fit this into my lunch break but I'll do the best I can for now.

Firstly let me state unequivocally that I believe that the Mafia team this game do have BTSC. If that is true, then they know the truth. Knowing that has allowed them to perpetuate the lie that Cylons = Mafia (or at least anti-Town). I believe this lie has been accepted as truth by a combination of a players who are simply unenlightened to this point or are simply gullible (despite how experienced/smart they are). I do not accept the premise that all of our Cylon friends are Mafia or anti-Town no matter how many of you rage that they are. Anyone who still believes that is being played by an exceptionally devious Mafia team. As evidence of this, one only needs to look to the Cylon Amnesty Act. This Act was passed by our President who I believe did so in order to give them a fighting chance against a Mafia team that she knew would capitalise on the 'anti-Cylon' bigotry that has been such a big feature of this game. Led and/or vigorously supported by the Mafia team, they took full advantage Admiral Cain's martial law, they stripped away this protection and continue to coerce those players who (for whatever reason chose not to) to do so. Given the efficiency with which they achieved this, I dispute the assertion that we're not in a bad place. I believe the situation is dire and potentially about to get a lot worse. I do not believe LoRab was Mafia and I harbour the gravest doubts that Nutella was either.

I strongly suspected there was something up with IAWY from my initial interaction with him and I now know that he was indeed a Cylon. Unlike many of you (as I said earlier) I believe that only a small minority of the Cylons are Mafia and consequently he is more than likely not to be 'bad' Mafia. If you are willing to accept this possibility, it is worth looking at what happened at the end of the last Day phase and the three players who voted for him after his claim. Of these, I never considered Sig to be Mafia this entire game and am still not sold on the theory that he is (although 3J's accusation that he is human Mafia is intriguing).

I had not paid a lot of attention to Black Rock until this point of the game but her actions at the end of the last Day phase has given me pause to look at her more closely. ISOing her, she has less posts than even I. There are frequent references to LC (for understandable reasons) but not as I can see much else. Judged by the same measure that has been applied to me in terms of 'non baddie hunting' I think she comes off worse which in turn, leads me to wonder why I have been such a subject of attention over the course of the last few days. She also said this on Day 2:
Black Rock wrote:My new theory (in my head) is that the Cylon/Human relationship is not so black and white and there will be murderers from both sides. Which means the Mafia team is made up of both. I just don't know which roles.
And then appeared to jump enthusiastically on Admiral Caine's efforts to rid the game of our Cylon friends. I may be corrected on this, but I recall that she was one of the architects of the lynching of both Nutella and LoRab. This all looks rather suspicious to me.

Polo seems to be all over the place to me and the groundswell of support for my lynching has I think been a Godsend for him. It seems that for the first time this past Day phase he's started to take some heat and I notice he's just jumped back on me. I don't trust him one little bit.

Obscure Allure has me very confused. If I'm not misunderstanding him, he's all for Cylon genocide and for everyone to claim - EXCEPT him. He seems (in my opinion) to be alluding to some reason why he alone is exempt and like everyone understands why. I may be silly but I don't understand why...
Nothing until Day 6 when I prodded Glorfindel to name suspects. Black Rock was definitely the player Glorf was the most interested in talking about as a suspect, and I think some of it might be quite telling. The highlighted portion especially is a meaningful thing to me. Glorfindel provided what was essentially a "why me?" defense, complaining that the criticisms leveled upon him would be better placed on Black Rock. He suggested her content was lacking, and that her focus on LC was too much.

I think this might be a straight up blurt by Glorfindel that Black Rock is not on his team. I don't think distancing typically looks like this -- he is giving someone else crap because he thought he could take some of the case against him, and use it against her instead. That's a total smear job, IMO.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Note for other people: If Glorfindel is bad, I don't think Black Rock is bad with him.
A dangerous, unfounded assumption and one not worthy of someone of your intellect 3J.
Glorfindel wrote:As for the Black Rock observation that you made, from my personal experience, assuming the alignment of a player from that of another (whatever their respective colour) is a very dangerous thing to do as on the vast majority of occasions what may look like a link is simply a mirage - it was a general observation that I made.
He was responsible for the pink words in the first post. Glorf wasn't pleased at all when I first made this assertion. I am pretty sure I'm right about this. I mean what he said here doesn't even make sense -- he complained that I was saying BR wouldn't be bad with him. This reads to me like a player frustrated that a valid conclusion was drawn to his detriment as a direct result of what he posted at my request.
Glorfindel wrote:I have said before that I do not believe Sig is Mafia and whilst 3J has cast some doubt in my mind I'm still not sufficiently convinced that he is bad to vote for him. I said before that I was most suspicious about Black Rock and I will stand by that judgement and Vote Black Rock
Day 6 vote.
Glorfindel wrote:My previous No. 1 suspect (Black Rock) appears to have given up the ghost. Without a substitute, I expect it's pointless to pursue that lead as after an appropriate period of time, I assume she will just be modkilled.
[/quote]
Continued on Day 7.

~~~

Black Rock said nothing to/about Glorfindel.

~~~

I am comfortable calling Black Rock a non-team mate of Glorfindel. The only doubt to be found stems from her failure to mention his name and the fact that she'd be an easier bus job given her steep drop in content. I don't think that's the case though.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

rabbit8
Undergoing sensitivity training
Posts in topic: 153

Post by rabbit8 »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:So say we all.

I don't have time for much more than that at the moment. My read on rabbit8:
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 287

Post by sig »

So Say we All

RIP dex

@SVS why?
ImageImage
rabbit8

Re: Battlestar Galactica Mafia - Night 7

Post by rabbit8 »

Epignosis wrote:rabbit8 made the cardinal error of making the mechanics fit his "suspicion." Ricochet asked about how 3J could be bad if nutella is, and rabbit didn't disappoint. The first thing he came up with was two mafia teams.
rabbit8 wrote:
Ricochet wrote:I feel the assumption that JJJ might be bad needs to pass the test of explaining how could JJJ have initiated and carried nutella's hunt all the way through on Day Two.
Two mafia factions.
His first way to justify 3J being bad was two mafia actions, but he added this after:
rabbit8 wrote:
Ricochet wrote:I feel the assumption that JJJ might be bad needs to pass the test of explaining how could JJJ have initiated and carried nutella's hunt all the way through on Day Two.

Or throw someone under the bus? Is this not done anymore?

I think two mafia teams in this size games makes more sense though.
The fact that rabbit added "Is this not done anymore?" indicates that he is equally, if not more, at home with people throwing teammates under the bus, and that makes me think that, if he were expressing his natural thoughts, he would have mentioned this one first. He didn't. He speculated on the mechanics first, and added this as a second thought. However, he hedged with what he "thinks" makes more sense (i.e. two mafia teams).

Keep in mind that all of this is to solidify a 3J suspicion, and this is key. Follow me:

3J is bad.

How? He went against nutella!

It's simple. There are two mafia teams.

Okay, I follow. That means 3J is genuinely hunting the other team and caught nutella.

Or he threw somebody under the bus.

Okay, I get that. That means 3J is on the same team as nutella, and he ditched her.

But there are totally two teams.

++++

The existence of two mafia teams doesn't condemn 3J any more than it does anybody else. In fact, if anything, it works in 3J's favor, because he's likely not on the second team. But that doesn't matter, because 3J threw nutella under the bus (same team) even though there are, according to rabbit8, two teams!

rabbit8's accusation of 3J is based on two conflicting scenarios, and I don't think he believes either. He's full of shit. :)

Your move.

So now, for this bullshit.

I think JJJ is bad. We started spit balling ideas. I came up with a few scenarios where it would fit and make JJJ look bad when asked how it would make JJJ look bad.
rabbit8 wrote:

Two mafia factions.
Me and rico go back and fourth a bit.

Then I say this:
rabbit8 wrote:

Or throw someone under the bus? Is this not done anymore?

I think two mafia teams in this size games makes more sense though.
There is a reason or is the first word I lead off with in this post. I fucking state in the post I think the idea of two mafia teams makes more sense. More sense then what you ask? More sense then the first sentence in the fucking quote.

Then OA mentions replacements and more spit balling goes on between people.

Ideas where being thrown out by more then just me. I was engaging the thread to get my point across. I think there are two mafia teams.

If not I think JJJ threw nutella under the bus.

Because...... I think he is bad.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

rabbit8 wrote:Because...... I think he is bad.
Okay. If you think I'm bad and you're willing to apply that read to any scenario, then it begs the question: what do you see in my posts that you find so suspicious? It has to be something you find suspicious at face value independent of context or circumstance, because you're calling me bad independent of context or circumstance.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Things Glorfindel said to/about DrumBeats:
Glorfindel wrote:
DrumBeats wrote:So say we all!

I prefer bea or glorfindel for the counterwagon, anyone else?

I am a cylon.

Jk jk, but I'll gladly get rid of the possibility of amnesty if I am final five.
Interesting... :shrug: Based on what precisely, my friend?
Glorfindel wrote:
DrumBeats wrote:Well we would need a ton of people if we wanted to counter the Nero wagon so maybe not.

Idea time! What if we pushed the Nero wagon past the Lorab wagon?

My thoughts on that is that if Lorab is human, he would be lynched regardless, if he is cyclon it would default to Nero. If we push Nero past, then we save a human Lorab if that is the case. It would make no difference if Lorab is a cylon. Only thing here is we would be uncertain in the end if Lorab is cylon or human. I'm not sure how you guys feel about it, but it's a possibility imo. We need to come up with a group consensus on that though, so nobody jumps the gun and does it anyway.

And @Glorfindel - G-man has a convincing case on you imo and I do not like Bea's interactions with nutella
If you consider that case 'convincing', it clearly doesn't take a lot to pursuade you... :shrug:
Glorfindel wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Exercise time: for just a moment, erase all notions of that claiming business from your mind. Tell me who your suspects are.
I'd be more than happy to answer your question my friend. I have had bad vibes about IAWY/DrWilgey since the beginning for reasons that I've already explained. I still find IAWY's remarks about me to be incomprehensible in light of my previous experiences with him. I'm not certain what it says but it's given me sufficient reason for suspicion. I'm mildly suspicious of Drumbeats for a post he made after that GTH exercise the other day. From my recollection, his list read more like an aggregated list of the suspicions of the players who took part in the GTH at the time. I admit that's hardly conclusive but looking back, it seems his reads are generally a little all over the place which (to me) looks peculiar because he is clearly a very capable player. And lastly, again, not a strong choice by any means but I don't recall seeing any contribution from Vompatti that really stands out all game. Again, looking back at his ISO, there's not a lot of content there to speak of and I've heard it said (from informed sources) that's apparently a bad look... :shrug:
Glorf wasn't amused by DrumBeats subscribing to G-Man's case against him, but he also didn't complain about it terribly much. A shrug emoticon is less than most other people got from Glorfindel when they suspected him. The third post in this spoiler however is more clearly a negative assessment of DrumBeats. The accusation is a rather specific one -- that DrumBeats's reads were the product of the GTH exercise and not necessarily authentic. The highlighted portion is a good indicator that Glorf was trying really hard to squeeze out something negative to say about DB here. It's hard to say whether this was so forced because Glorf just needed someone to accuse, or because he felt the instinctive need to distance. Perhaps the most noteworthy thing is that this came in a post including suspicion of two others, DrWilgy and Vompatti (the easiest suspicions of all time). I could see this as a distancing effort.
Glorfindel wrote:
DrumBeats wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:
DrumBeats wrote:We don't know who is Cavil-aligned, but we know that for this to be a balanced mafia game there needs to be more Cavil-aligned than not. We know we have already found two of the non-Cavil-aligned cylons. Cap Six is the presumed last one, but that is only one out of the remaining cylons.
I beg your pardon, my friend? WE do not KNOW this at all. This is speculation and in my view, a convenient lie. That is also NOT a criticism of you but of the comment you made - just for the record...
I don't understand any of what you just said. What in my post are you describing as a convenient lie? This is based upon all of the lore speculation done by those who know the show.
Precisely, my friend - speculation of any colour =/= fact. Thank you.
Glorf clearly hated DB saying anything about the Cavil faction, of which he was likely a member. I think that's a decent look for DB.
Glorfindel wrote:
Epignosis wrote:SO SAY WE ALL!

*spoiler snipped so the page doesn't explode*
So Say We All!
Pardon my sarcasm here but I thought you were already voting for me (when you're not voting for Drumbeats who in my estimation is a far better bet). The Mafia are our opponents and they are trying to defeat us and in my estimation doing a fine job so far. They would be the ones capitalizing on the (niave, in my opinion) anti-Cylon sentiment that has been rife so far this game. They have very successfully used 'lore' extensively to advance their agenda. I've been saying this for days, it escapes me why you (and others) can't see it (perhaps I should give away communicating in words and draw pictures instead? :P Now before you ask me again, I don't know who the Mafia are (if I did, this game would be near over) but I believe the majority of the Cylons (contrary to popular opinion) are Town aligned. I don't know which ones aren't but I suspect it will be a minority of them - perhaps Cavill and one or two others, with two or three Humans, who knows. We haven't been supplied with that information so we're kinda stumbling around in the dark.

I really don't understand the Final Five thing at all. Sure, five Humans become Cylon but does that mean wholly or partially Mafia Cylon - hasn't been made clear. If anyone has any thoughts on that, I'm all ears. What concerns me is that so many players harbour anti-Cylon intents. To my thinking, these people fall into one of three categories:

1. Humans that have to believe that (I think you can deduce the identity of the specific characters from the index on page 1)
2. The Mafia - It is clearly in the interests of the Mafia Cylons to focus their campaign on the destruction of the non-Mafia (or Town Cylons) as it diverts attention away from the Mafia Human faction - which I think they've done to a remarkable extent.
3. The Town Human population that have been cojolled, hoodwinked, (insert any other suitable verb here) into believing that all (or most Cylons) are their enemies.

I hope that answers your questions - I feel like a voice crying in the wilderness here (not new for me actually :P ) that no one other than 3J is willing to even consider the possibility. In my opinion, we have a more dangerous enemy here than our Mafia team - it's our lack of objectivity that is hurting us more.
In the wake of Epi's vocal suspicion of DrumBeats, Glorfindel attached himself to that case and promoted it. Since this had obvious self-preservation implications, I think that's another decent look for DB.

Things DrumBeats said to/about Glorfindel:

I prefer bea or glorfindel for the counterwagon, anyone else?

I am a cylon.

Jk jk, but I'll gladly get rid of the possibility of amnesty if I am final five.
DrumBeats wrote:So basically right now it comes down to who would we rather have in front, Nero or Lorab.

Pros of Nero ahead:
-Human!Lorab would not die

Pros of Lorab:
-We would know for sure if Lorab is a cylon.

I'm personally leaning more towards putting Nero ahead. Would've preferred Glorfindel or Bea, but sadly that's not a choice.

Vote: Nerolunar
Called for Glorfindel as a counterwagon during the LoRab lynch (presumably as the second-place winner of the tally). He eventually resigned himself to the Nero wagon though. His was the third-last Nero vote, so it did help Nero catch up to LoRab in votes. That's not my favorite thing.

Night 4 "bad" GTH read on Glorfindel
DrumBeats wrote:
Polo wrote:I see that some people, notably sig and Zebra, have shown adamant intent on voting me today. I have a couple of questions for you:

1) Don't you think that if I were mafia and buddies with DrWilgy, I would have rather warned him about the mispell on BTSC chat and hide from any suspicion whatsoever?
2) If, in fact, Wilgy only got immune because of the correct spelling AND he's really mafia, does that make me more of a baddie than he and therefore I should be the one getting lynched instead of the confirmed Cylon?

There's some food for thought.
No, but the way you instantly jumped in with "He's Capricia Six" makes me suspect you hard. Especially if he actually flips Capricia Six, which you would know he was if you were mafia.

Wilgy is the obvious lynch choice here guys. If you want to throw Glorf in front to bait a claim that's fine, but Wigly needs to at least be second for the following reasons:

1) He is a nonconfirmed cylon. So many people have cleared him based on speculation that he is Cap Six, but the statistic odds that he is are slim. Additionally, his lynch was due to scummy behavior in the first place, how does that translate into he's clearly Six?

2) Should he somehow flip Six, we get a ton of information out of it. We will know that there are no more town-aligned cylons left other than Epig, which will help us to not deal with this again. And we will be able to reasonably concluded that Polo is likely mafia for reasons stated above.

Wilgy should be today's lynch and Sig should be tomorrow's. We can set up claim baits over top of them, but the end goal should be lynching these two.

Glorf, if you are not a cylon, you will claim cylon right now to not detract us from the Wilgy lynch. Anything else from you at this point is extremely antitown behavior.
Unamused by Glorf's behavior during ClaimGate.

Rainbow list featuring Glorfindel among the red baddies

~~~

It was an iffy start, but I think this analysis progressed nicely for DrumBeats after that. Unlikely team mate of Glorfindel.

I hope everyone is getting annoyed as I say nice things about their top suspects. ;)

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Is annoying people the point of this exercise?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

S~V~S wrote:Is annoying people the point of this exercise?
I think the point of this exercise is pretty clear, and it's not that.

It's a fun side effect though. :workit:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Okay. If you think I'm bad and you're willing to apply that read to any scenario, then it begs the question: what do you see in my posts that you find so suspicious? It has to be something you find suspicious at face value independent of context or circumstance, because you're calling me bad independent of context or circumstance.

Yes, I'm calling you bad. I want to lynch bea, then rico before you.

I would not give mafia more ammo to use until I'm certain. But hey, you might get what you want from me, you might not.
I don't play according to your wants and needs.

Layers, man, layers.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

rabbit8 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

Yes, I'm calling you bad. I want to lynch bea, then rico before you.

I would not give mafia more ammo to use until I'm certain. But hey, you might get what you want from me, you might not.
I don't play according to your wants and needs.

Layers, man, layers.
My intent is to determine whether you genuinely do suspect me or you're talking out of your arse. If I don't get a better reason than this to lean away from the latter then the likelihood that I vote for you progressively increases. That's not me telling you how to play -- it's me telling you how I'll play.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

I do suspect you, JJJ, from things other than what I have said.

However, it does not make me want to vote for you, yet.

I want to see other players lynched first. It would help what I think of you one way or the other.

I don't want to get players to vote for you today.

This is not my intent. I got into in the night because I had nothing better to do. I will be pushing a bea and Ricco lynch today.

If you think I'm bad, vote for me. I will still push for players I think are more bad then you today.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Things Glorfindel said to/about Inawordyes / DrWilgy:
Glorfindel wrote:IAWY: Someone (Epi?) mentioned the possibility of him being the Day 2 default lynch - I'd never be on board with that had he still been playing but I find it strange behaviour for him given my experiences of him in games at other sites.
Vague shade.
Glorfindel wrote:So Say We All!

IAWY, Let me get this straight... You say:
Inawordyes wrote:Okay, so I'm here! :omg:

I ISO'd Go,den to make sure I could post, I got through the first 1,200 posts but I really don't have the time to be able to catch up completely so from the ISO I know the flips, but I don't know anything about what's happened for the rest of Day 1 + any of Day 2 so far.
And follow it up with this...
Inawordyes wrote:I didn't like Glorfindel's posts that I read post-entrance. He seemed fine in his first, but - and this may be a result of his wanting to play differently like he mentioned in sign-ups - he did not sound like himself in the others. I saw people saying he was being fluffly in them. I didn't really see much of that, but tonewise he was a mess haha. I've never played a game with Matty where he was scum, so I don't have know,edge of the differences in his attitude between town and Mafia, but the jarring tone shift makes me wanna say he's Mafia because it's not like town!Glorf at all.
I'm sorry but I'm finding it VERY hard to take you seriously... Especially following your Day 1 post...
IAWY and Glorfindel seem to know each other well outside The Syndicate, and IAWY wasn't pleased with Glorf's early tone. Glorf wasn't pleased that he wasn't pleased.
DrWilgy wrote:So... because I'm not reading 2400 posts... How would you describe the person I used to be?
Welcome :D IAWY is a friend of mine and (if you refer to the Sign Up thread) he was the reason I even signed up for this game. Having said that, his behaviour this game appeared (at least to me) to be a little erratic...

Sorry, posting between interviews today is going to be tricky...
DrWilgy wrote:Linki - Thanks everyone. Glorf, what of IAWY... or mine would you describe as erratic compared to his normal behavior? I should probably check the player list and past votes now...
IAWY and I haven't played a lot together but I like and respect him enormously. From past experience I think he is only too well aware that I would almost never vote to lynch him - in fact, in previous games I've gone out of my way to defend him. That combined with his earlier post about me just struck me as really random. It's a personal thing I guess :shrug:
Chummy banter when Doc joined the game on Day 2.
Glorfindel wrote:
G-Man wrote:Finally he chastises Sokoth for finally forming some opinions because Sokoth takes aim at Glorfindel for what looks like a hasty "NO U" reaction.
Is that REALLY how you see that exchange my friend? I was chastising 'Sokoth' for precisely the opposite - I don't consider random, unsubstantiated accusations 'opinions'. I seriously doubt that anyone else here would. I AM genuinely trying to figure out this game and although I may be 'tinfoiling' for the first time I seriously think there is more to this game than the simplistic black and white view some people have adopted. Personally, I think what you've painted there is a pretty flimsy case almost rivaling the 'Two Face' accusation leveled at me in my last game here. Nonetheless, if that's the best you can do in finding a Mafia Team member, good for you.

One thing that has concerned me for some time time now is my initial exchange with IAWY. As I stated in the Sign-up thread, he was the reason I even signed up for this game. In the last game we played together, I defended him from the 'get go'. Given our history together, I find it extraordinary that he would make an accusation against me Day 1 like he did. After Dr Wilgy replaced him, gave him the benefit of the doubt and have heard practically nothing since. Then there was the exchange between IAWY and Magnus (Nerolunar). In retrospect, the whole 'No, you!' exchange doesn't really look as convincing as it did at the time. Distancing, perhaps... :shrug:
Somewhat bizarre assertion that IAWY/Doc might have been "distancing" from Nero. Perhaps it was an attempt to falsely link Nero (likely not bad) to Doc, which wouldn't be a great look.
Glorfindel wrote:If I may... I was left with little choice but to hold my vote and place it on Magnus as a simple matter of self-defense against the groundswell of players who were lining up to accuse me. I'm not saying that I wouldn't have still voted for him had circumstances been different but I was leaning more towards Dr Wilgy as I'd said.

OK, I confess - I am completely lost in this game. It seems to me that some of you are changing your points of you like you likely change your underwear. I've said before and maintain still that the presumption that all our Cylon friends are Mafia is a mirage. The laws that have been passed have been (in my mind) contradictory and the references to the 'final five' is something I am still trying to fathom. Have I become some kind of 'tinfoiling nutcase'? Perhaps.

I remain convinced that Zebs, Epi, Sig, 3J, OA, Ricochet and Silver Wolf are fellow Town. I'm think (but am not certain) that Polo, Matt and G-Man are as well. I have no confidence on Dr Wilgy at all and anyone else is a null read as far as I'm concerned.

My confusion here is real and in this current state I genuinely fear that I am of no use to you, my fellow team mates and may actually be contributing to the cause of our Mafia opponents. I'm taking a short break for the next day or so and try to clear my head. I know some of you will inevitably jump to all sorts of conclusions that I am acting out of all sorts of malicious intent and if that's your judgement, so be it. I hope to be back with you all again soon, I'm sorry.
On Night 3, Glorf was more negative about DrWilgy than anyone else. My immediate inclination is to think Glorf would be more comfortable lumping his team mates into that town pile or in the undefined null pile, not isolating them as public nemeses. This turned into a Day 4 vote Nice look for Doc.
Glorfindel wrote:I fear that I have been an idiot. I'm voting DrWilgy I believe this result could prove more than simply the removal of a Mafia member...
Day 5. I'm not sure if the word "prove" in this context is meant to imply that Doc would be an informative lynch, but if so then that's a decent look for Doc. That's a crappy reason to lynch someone.
Glorfindel wrote:The fact that DrWilgy turned out to be a Cylon doesn't really surprise me but I think there is a significant difference between a good Cylon and a bad Cylon and I personally hold the view that the latter are a minority. I too am reassessing my thoughts on him but I wouldn't consider lynching him on his species alone. May I ask S-V-S - what it was specifically about his behaviour that struck you as 'bad'?
After Doc claimed cylon, Glorf's stance softened. It sort of had to soften since he was promoting a setup in which most/nearly all of the cylons aren't bad.
Glorfindel wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
ObscureAllure wrote:He's a cylon so if he claims our number two (should be Wigly) dies and if he doesn't claim then Glor dies. Either way we have a mafia.
You're wrong on both counts. Neither Wilgy nor Glorfindel will be a successful lynch regardless of whether or not either or both of them claim.

We will get nothing if we lynch either of them. Nothing. Except the game might be over faster.
You are wrong. Wilgy and Glorf are cylons. What are the odds they are both good? Especially if I'm to believe Wilgy is good, then Glorf is almost certainly not. So yes, Glorf needs to claim or die. He needs to tell me straight up why he isn't claiming if he chooses not to. Glorf is hiding among the nonclaimers and we need to get him out.

This is really very simple and if you still don't get it, then I'm not wasting time explaining it again to you. I'm hoping others will see it and vote accordingly.
SilverWolf - I have been honest, open and entirely transparent with you all about my alignment all game. I have indicated both directly and indirectly where my loyalties lie. If that doesn't satisfy you, then that is your problem, not mine.
You're defending yourself again. Losing points.
No, my friend I am not defending. There is a subtle difference between defending and answering a legitimate question (or blatant threat if one could be forgiven for interpreting it that way). Please don't worry I am at work at the moment and will post what you asked at lunch time (hopefully). I've looked at the DrWilgy case and have a new perspective on that (I'm inclined to move him over to a mild Town-lean) and I will give you my Mafia suspects then. Thank you in advance for your patience.
By Day 6 he shifted his Doc read to "town", and he reiterated it on Day 7 in response to Admiral Adama's demand for cylon reads.
Glorfindel wrote:OK, with five votes against me (including my penalty for disobedience Day 6) I accept that there is next to no chance that I'm going to survive this Day phase. I am satisfied that I have done everything within the bounds of my ability and the rules of this game to fulfill what I believe to be expected of a member of this Town Team. It's been really hard and it guts me to have to accept that I have fought so hard for a group of players that are so confident and stubborn in what they THINK is true that they are unwilling to accept any possibility that the truth lies elsewhere. As I said, I've done everything I could. My lynching this Day phase will put our team (yes, again - Town) at a considerable disadvantage and that is a FACT. I don't expect many (if any of you) to see it unless you are prepared to accept that I have told you the truth and I doubt anywhere near enough of you even have the capacity to do that.

I know I'm wasting my time here but for what it's worth, I'd be lynching Polo, S-V-S, and possibly DrWilgy in whatever order you choose. At this point, I am convinced this game is lost to us and it will take a miracle for us to avoid a Mafia win this game. And when the time comes, I'll be there to say "I told you so".

Thanks for the game guys. Good luck - you're going to need it.
Glorfindel wrote:Well, I haven't voted yet... Seeing as it's my last throw of the dice, I'm going to vote DrWilgy. His whole interaction with Polo and S-V-S agreeing with Polo in voting for me but insisting that DrWilgy is good sounds off to me. Bust most of all - in IAWY I trust.
That town read abruptly soured again on Day 7. I have a feeling this happened because Glorf realized a sort of dichotomy had started to form in the thread ("either Wilgy or Glorf is the bad cylon"), and his hand was forced.

~~~

Things DrWilgy said to/about Glorfindel:
DrWilgy wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:What do you think mafia really don't go into games with strats? Yalls strat is clearly to defend one another, then splash in some WIFOM and voila! A perfect baddie recipe!

"We cant be baddies because we defend each pther so blatantly"

Isn't it interesting that the claim isn't we aren't bad instead of we aren't on the same team?
I don't understand what you're saying here Doc. Are you addressing my comments? I didn't say baddie teams don't employ strategies; I actually said something quite different.
No silly! Your posts are tpo long and I don't read them :P

That was towards obscure!

Glorf... Dun kill me bro
A bit chummy again, perhaps in jest.

Day 5 "bad" GTH read on Glorfindel.
DrWilgy wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
Black Rock wrote:Ok, I have read up on some things. I voted for Dr Wilgy because he has convinced me he is a Cylon and I do not think he's a good one.

Vote = Dr Wilgy
What defines me as a not good cyclon? This is fishy as hell.
Actually. Br this makes no sense at all. You think I'm cyclon yee? But you know I haven't claimed yee? Why vote for me then since I'm going to just negate it? The only scenario that I think I wouldn't negate it at this point is if I'm civ. So fro. Your standing as a voter on me, you just did something that had no impact and made less sense than my vote for nero afew days ago. Like we are way past the point if if he's a cyclon or not. It's upto whether I hard claim or not.

Linki - okie dokie. Ty. I'm thinkin I'll claim and push Glorf up one vote if I can.
DrWilgy wrote:Players that I would vote for at this point are OA, BR, and Sig McMuffin. I don't have a good enough read on either Glorf or LC to say they are mafia or not and it's between them two...

I'm Cyclon and this is my claim.

Linki - Holy mother of Fish. 3 tossed votes?
Doc claimed on Day 5 and had the opportunity to contribute to the second place winner. At first he suggested he might go for Glorf, but when he actually claimed he was less willing. It appears he ended up placing no votes at all. :confused:

That's not a good look.

~~~

Another mixed bag. I think the earliest Glorf/IAWY interactions are a good look, but the last point in the analysis is a problem for me. However, the validity of this is dependent upon whether Dex was correct in his role assignment for Wilgy -- something I admit I've never really been clear on. I'll review that again soon and determine whether it's strong enough to negate other analysis.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I'm going to skip the Epignosis interaction at least for now. We already know his character.

Things Glorfindel said to/about G-Man:
G-Man wrote:As for Glorfindel, he's my Lazy Rotten Debra of the game so far. He's made 13 posts and a few of them are of the "catching up :sigh: " variety. He posts a few civvie vibes, agrees with a lot of other people's thoughts, gets sidetracked into lore/mechanics discussions, and tells us who he won't vote for. What's missing is independent thought and any mention of his own suspicions. That's almost exactly what Debra did in Biblical Mafia, hence the term Lazy Rotten Debra.
So we're resorting to 'name calling' now? THAT'S mature...

When I have to wake up of a morning to ten pages of posts, damn straight I'm going to complain about it (like half the players in this game but I assume you don't find them suspicious?). If my behavour this game appears different to my past games here, I can assure you that you are correct. I find it particularly imprudent to go throwing my vote around when I don't even know who it is that I'm supposed to be voting for - otherwise I'd simply vote for Epi right now (following the theory that all Cylons are Mafia) and I've spent a large part of this game coming to terms with that.

And yes, I'm not as good at this game as you obviously are and I'll admit I suck at accusing people of Mafia. So what I am attempting to do this game is more of a 'process of elimination' but identifying the players I am comfortable with so I can look more closely at those who remain. Certainly, it might take me a while longer to get there, but I'm confident that it will yield better results :nicenod:
The highlighted bit makes me want to just wrap this analysis up now and call G-Man a non-team mate. It is at least telling enough that I'm going to be more selective with future posts, there are too damned many.

@Polo: Thanks for your vote on me my friend - you seem suspiciously eager to get a wagon started on me and a little over an hour later, G-Man comes in and promises a case on me... :ponder:
Implies G-Man's pledge to build a case was opportunistic without saying it was. Preliminary shade like that is another nice look I think.
3J asked me for a list of my suspects and I'm happy to try but I might need to do it by installment over this Day phase so for those of you who may be interested, I hope you can bear with me :nicenod:

Firstly, I'd like to list the people that I consider my Town leans:
SilverWolf
JaggedJimmyJay
Sig
Epignosis
S-V-S
a2thezebra
Marmot
Ricochet
Matt
G-Man
SokothQultuq
Glorf consistently town read G-Man after the big case was presented, which strikes me as an attempt by him to appear magnanimous and objective rather than disguise a King Busser team mate.
Glorfindel wrote:
G-Man wrote:As I see no reason not to, vote = Glorfindel

Burning bridges on your way out is considered poor form.

I hope you're not serious about leaving this site. You write very well and I would love to see what a Glorfindel-hosted game looks and reads like. Around here there is a saying, "it's not personal, it's just mafia."
Yeah, G-Man - it was. I deserve that and I'm sorry. It still doesn't change the fact that you are wrong. You never did as I asked, you never even tried to look at what is happening here outside of the narrow belief system that you and others have adopted (largely, I expect as part of a deliberate strategy by our Mafia friends). Like I said, I'm sorry - I asked too much.
Lamenting that G-Man couldn't get out of his tunnel, a tunnel that he probably was totally right to stay within.

~~~

I'm not going to bother checking the other side of this interaction right now. I don't think G-Man is Glorfindel's team mate.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Polo
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 458

Post by Polo »

So say we all!

I finally have some time to contribute. I've got a really sore throat and I coughed blood a few minutes ago, but I'm going to the doctor today to get that checked.

First, I need to quote this again.
Golden wrote:
Hello my lovely sortie finishers; GOOD LYNCH Image; my pings: 1)bea, 2)Rico, 3)Drumbeats, maybe Polo, BR, and 3J too; ask me anything, I’ll try to answer.
Nah, all of those people (including me, of course) look civ to me. This could be the work of a deceased Cylon (like nutella) trying to divert attention from the actual danger.
Golden wrote:
Thank goodness for the Wills of the Dead Act because Epignosis is not who he appears to be!

Living an unnaturally long life, the Great Deceiver will arise and vanquishing her fairer twin, on the octave, lead the people in error to calamity.
Allusions to Epignosis being mafia. Have we been deceived by lore? :ponder:
Golden wrote:
Been generally keeping up. Why exactly is Bea still not lynched? And, really, that’s a bad cylon you lynched just then.
Were you mafia? I don't really think Bea is evil.
Golden wrote:
Indiglo was probably Roslin. The prez only picks from small list of laws. Do not kill rabbit, Elmer Fudd. Kill sig kill sig kill dog!
Sig has raised my suspicions in the past but I don't know if he's really mafia. Need to ISO him later.
Golden wrote:
Im very much alive, but not evil - kill John Cavil asap. Im not keeping up with the thread, so I have no suspects.
I'm doing my best!
Polo
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Polo »

I'm voting S~V~S[b/] because I think she's mafia. Post coming in the next hour.
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 238

Post by G-Man »

As I feared might happen, coming off of Glorfindel's lynch, my other suspicions are either soft or in flux. Bear with me while I try to reason a few things out.

Looking at the player list, I know of a few players that I trust to be civ:

DrWilgy- This is based almost exclusively on my full-on conversion to trusting Dex over the last few days. He was one of Wilgy's strongest defenders. This makes me think the baddies got rid of him in order to open up some room on pursuing Wilgy. Dex seemed pretty confident in the lore that Wilgy's role is not with Cavil. There have been arguments over such lore but I'll trust the dead on this one.

Epignosis- It seems pretty cut and dry to me. He flipped and the lore suggests his role is civ-aligned. Plus he's been on the hunt and produced. I bet that dead note bashing him is from Nutella. I could see her trying something like that.

insertnamehere- Subbed in for Silverwolf. 'Nuff said.

JaggedJimmyJay- I have a similar affinity for JJJ that I do for Sloonei. I want very much to trust him because he is so darn good at what he does. I don't think I've seen him as a baddie yet and I've not gotten burned by him yet in a game either, making it hard for me not to trust him. With his change in approach for this game he has been accused of being Jimmy-Lite. That may be but I feel like Jimmy-Lite may still be Jimmy-Right.

Matt- He may be confusing and all over the place at times but he doesn't come across as false or mischievous to me.

Polo- I like his persistence and intensity through much of the game. It feels consistent enough to be pure.

sig- He's my softest civ read because I last had him as my #2 baddie. That whole non-lynch plus Gaius taking over has me thinking still. I don't see how a baddie could play a part in triggering those events. Call it a reluctant or cautious civ read. I just have trouble seeing anything else but civ for him given the circumstances.

My lunch break is over and I've got a mountain of work to do at the office (ah, the joys of a compressed, four-day payroll week!) so I have to leave for now.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 93

Post by Vompatti »

I suspect:

1. rabbit, because LC and zebra can't both be civs.
2. SVS, because she tried to prevent me from sinking the Klingon submarine.
3. myself, because I haven't been modkilled yet.
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Polo
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Polo »

Vompatti wrote:I suspect:

Now you're getting modkilled because you didn't begin your post with So Say We All. Do you even care about this game? :shrug2:
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

Polo wrote:

Now you're getting modkilled because you didn't begin your post with So Say We All. Do you even care about this game? :shrug2:
I don't k :mafia:
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Polo wrote:So say we all!

I finally have some time to contribute. I've got a really sore throat and I coughed blood a few minutes ago, but I'm going to the doctor today to get that checked.

Golden wrote:
Hello my lovely sortie finishers; GOOD LYNCH Image; my pings: 1)bea, 2)Rico, 3)Drumbeats, maybe Polo, BR, and 3J too; ask me anything, I’ll try to answer.
Nah, all of those people (including me, of course) look civ to me. This could be the work of a deceased Cylon (like nutella) trying to divert attention from the actual danger.
:faint:

Based on mentions of the sorties & the custom smiley, I am thinking this is not Nutella. I think Epi hit the nail on the head here, this is Indiglo.

I need to get back to work.
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 455

Post by Matt »

So Say We All!

RIPiywg Dex (imagining you were)...

I'll be back later with confusing and unhelpful thoughts. :workit:
Image Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

While I'm away, though, please by all means...

Good lynch everybody, I was stuck in the Brig for forgetting the SSWA three times.
Golden wrote:Vompatti is henceforth put in the brig and silenced for the rest of the day for his fifth failure to address the Admiral appropriately.

This is a warning. Another failure will result in execution.
...discuss!
Image Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

I don't know what happened there. Derp.

Anyway, so Drum gets put in the brig after missing the SSWA three times, yet Vomps gets five times.

Does this mean anything?

Be back later peeps.
Image Image Image Image
Polo
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Polo »

S~V~S wrote:
Polo wrote:So say we all!

Golden wrote:
:faint:

Based on mentions of the sorties & the custom smiley, I am thinking this is not Nutella. I think Epi hit the nail on the head here, this is Indiglo.

I need to get back to work.
It's a pretty big post k :shrug:
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 835

Post by Ricochet »

So say we all!

RIP Dex. :(
Polo wrote:
Golden wrote:
Nutella would have to really transpose her style in order to make use of such a smiley and deceive with keywords such as "sortie". Nah, I'm in agreement with Epig that this is indi.
Polo wrote:
Golden wrote:
Thank goodness for the Wills of the Dead Act because Epignosis is not who he appears to be!

Living an unnaturally long life, the Great Deceiver will arise and vanquishing her fairer twin, on the octave, lead the people in error to calamity.
Allusions to Epignosis being mafia. Have we been deceived by lore? :ponder:
If these two are allegedly Glor (I'd add nutella?) and LC, why would you trust their statements and consider Epig to be nefarious?

===
Polo wrote:I'm voting S~V~S because I think she's mafia. Post coming in the next hour.
Wait, didn't you do this thing on Day Seven, ie voting early, promising case l8er, as well? Tunnelling and punching the vote card early? Hmm.

===
G-Man wrote:insertnamehere- Subbed in for Silverwolf. 'Nuff said.
So true. I mean, for what it's worth, I'm certain INH will contribute himself in an adequate way, but the connection with him replacing Silverwolf is strong enough to not make me worry about his status.

===

Rest in pizza. :disappoint:

===
Matt wrote:While I'm away, though, please by all means...

Good lynch everybody, I was stuck in the Brig for forgetting the SSWA three times.
Golden wrote:Vompatti is henceforth put in the brig and silenced for the rest of the day for his fifth failure to address the Admiral appropriately.

This is a warning. Another failure will result in execution.
...discuss!
All I'm reading was that Beats was brigged on third attempt and Vompatti on fifth. For what it's worth, it could mean that punishments vary, according to the Host's temper, instead of being designed for a specific number of faults.
Polo
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Polo »

Ricochet wrote:
Polo wrote:I'm voting S~V~S because I think she's mafia. Post coming in the next hour.
Wait, didn't you do this thing on Day Seven, ie voting early, promising case l8er, as well? Tunnelling and punching the vote card early? Hmm.
Isolate me and you'll find out why I didn't post on day 7.
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

Also, wasn't the rule of having to salute the Führer abolished weeks ago? :confused:

Image Image Image
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Polo wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Isolate me and you'll find out why I didn't post on day 7.
Missing the point a bit. The recurrence of your early vote tactic is the rather bothersome detail.

linki: no, because it's a Rule, not a Law.
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

oih

Image Image Image
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 320

Post by Golden »

Vompatti has been shot for treason.

May he rest in peace.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

And may we find out his role? :confused:
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 320

Post by Golden »

Ricochet wrote:And may we find out his role? :confused:
No
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Polo
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Polo »

"Christ, what an asshole".

I hope he's either mafia or vanilla.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 636

Post by Epignosis »

Golden wrote:Vompatti has been shot for treason.

May he rest in peace.
So say we all.

Do Polo next.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Polo wrote:"Christ, what an asshole".

Please don't say that, it is not nice :(
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Oh I guess (daylight) modkill reveals are not a thing anymore. My bad.

Well we'll never know, won't we? If he was mafia, the remaining team must be relieved.
Polo
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Polo »

Epignosis wrote:

May he rest in peace.
So say we all.

Do Polo next.
Excuse me? I said So Say We All.
S~V~S wrote:

https://web.archive.org/web/20070210090 ... shole.html
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

For what it's worth, Vompatti could have been the Admiral himself. :beer:
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Polo wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

May he rest in peace.
So say we all.

Do Polo next.
Excuse me? I said So Say We All.
S~V~S wrote:

https://web.archive.org/web/20070210090 ... shole.html
So? How does this make it OK?

Also I have to wipe off the cobwebs and get ready to go. Yay NYC traffic & errands blurgh. See you all in a few hours.

Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

I think I've posted twice since I've fallen behind but I was actually about 8 pages behind and catching up now...
Epignosis wrote:My impression is that Boomer was bad and on her own.
Did you ever elaborate on this? I guess I'll see in a few minutes haha. If not, can you?

Does this mean you think Boomer was an independent baddie with her own win con or do you think Boomer was a Cavil faction that needed to be recruited? I'm just not sure what you mean by "on her own". Hrm.
Image Image Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I don't think I did.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Epignosis wrote:I don't think I did.
Hell, I meant to hit the full editor button and hit submit instead.

Glorfindel sounded alone, and his interactions with people don't have the same cadence I witnessed in Star Wars when he and his teammates put on a show in the thread. That doesn't mean it didn't happen here, but I wonder if Glorfindel felt he could say he wasn't mafia because he doesn't have traditional BTSC. His desperation was on a completely different level than what I saw in Star Wars. It sounded...lonely.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Dex wrote:Strongest civ reads: Epi, S~V~S, Matt.
Sorry for being all over the place dude, it's how I roll. Well people say that or they say I tunnel too much. And both of those are the complete opposite so I wish peeps would stop pigeon holing me with those haha. It was a joy to have you and indi aboard the Galactica, though. :noble:

Agree with your civ reads tho I'm skeptical on Epi because on the possibility of recruitment. Based purely on a game mechanic from earlier, I believe SVS is civvie but it's funny because I think I've actually said this to both of them this game...they both give me the heebies at times. Hrm.

Anyway, peace out Dex.

@Epi - So to follow up, are you thinking Boomer was an indy bad or a waiting to be recruited bad?
Image Image Image Image

Return to “Previous Jobs”