Posts in topic: 7
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Super Meat Boy [SPEED GAME]

Post by Tangrowth »

Super Meat Boy

ROLES

Heroes (14)

Meat Boy – The game’s protagonist who tries to save his love from the evil Dr. Fetus. Every night he travels through a level, searching for Bandage Girl; if he finds her, he forces Dr. Fetus to flee to another world. Meat Boy is very fast and jumps normally. He hates saws!

Bandage Girl – The unfortunate captive victim of Dr. Fetus, she awaits rescue by Meat Boy, but may instead be found by someone else. If Dr. Fetus is defeated at Chapter 6: The End, she finally regains her abilities, which are very similar to Meat Boy's. Until then, she has no day or night ability, but also cannot be killed because she remains in Dr. Fetus’s possession.

Commander Video – From Bit.Trip, he assists Meat Boy in his quest, searching for Bandage Girl every night in a level. Commander Video is very slow, but has the ability to hover in the air, increasing his jump distance.

Goo Ball – From World of Goo, he assists Meat Boy in his quest, searching for Bandage Girl every night in a level. Goo Ball is slow and jumps normally, but can stick to walls or ceilings, a unique and very helpful trait. However, its success can be erratic.

Jill – From Mighty Jill Off, she assists Meat Boy in his quest, searching for Bandage Girl every night in a level. Jill is slow and jumps normally, but can descend at a slower speed than many others, allowing for easier damage control.

Alien Hominid – From Alien Hominid, he assists Meat Boy in his quest, searching for Bandage Girl every night in a level. Alien Hominid has normal speed, but can choose to boost his jumps, allowing him a huge advantage over enemies. However, after boosting, he must wait another night to do so again, and his regular jump is lackluster.

Ogmo – From Jumper, he assists Meat Boy in his quest, searching for Bandage Girl every night in a level. Ogmo has normal speed and lackluster jumping ability, but can double jump.

Flywrench – From Flywrench, he assists Meat Boy in his quest, searching for Bandage Girl every night in a level. Flywrench is slow, given his odd shape. He can hug a wall, vertically moving up it with ease, and additionally is able to triple jump. However, his jump worsens with each jump, and he falls faster than any other character, making it very difficult for damage control. Consequently, he has perhaps the most erratic success of any of the heroes.

Captain Viridian – From VVVVVV, he assists Meat Boy in his quest, searching for Bandage Girl every night in a level. Captain Viridian is slow and jumps normally. He has the unique ability to shift gravity, causing chaos for unsuspecting attackers, but his ability to control exactly how and when it shifts is sometimes beyond his control.

Tim – From Braid, he assists Meat Boy in his quest, searching for Bandage Girl every night in a level. Tim is fast and jumps normally. He additionally has the ability to shift the fabric of time itself on two occasions, if he believes the heroes are in danger.

Pink Knight – From Castle Crashers, she assists Meat Boy in his quest, searching for Bandage Girl every night in a level. Pink Knight has normal speed and a lackluster regular jump, but can flutter in the air while jumping, providing the extra distance necessary to evade disaster.

Steve – From Minecraft, he assists Meat Boy in his quest, searching for Bandage Girl every night in a level. Stevie has normal speed, but a terrible jump. However, he can shift around blocks in the levels, vastly increasing the chance of an enemy’s failure to attack.

Tofu Boy – From 'Super Tofu Boy', he “assists” Meat Boy in his quest, searching for Bandage Girl every night in a level, but in reality only does so to prove to himself how awesome he is after completing a level. Because of a major iron deficiency, he is very slow and has a very terrible jump, rendering him completely useless. If his ego is ever bruised, he consequently suffers severe psychological issues, becoming suicidal.

Meat Ninja – He assists Meat Boy in his quest, searching for Bandage Girl every night in a level. He is very similar to Meat Boy, running very fast and jumping normally, but has an additional ability to avoid imminent danger. Every time he fears he is close to death, he will attempt to survive via teleport, an ability that is unpredictable in success.

Villains (4)

Dr. Fetus – The game’s antagonist, Dr. Fetus, is truly evil. Every night, he hides Bandage Girl within a level that he has engineered to kill or confuse his enemies; he must choose which level by the end of each day period. If she is found, he flees to another world, altering the landscape of the game. When the players are in Chapter 1: The Forest, Dr. Fetus selects a target every night to chase in his Lil’ Slugger. When the players are in Chapter 3: The Salt Factory, Dr. Fetus selects a target every night for Brownie to race. Once Chapter 6: The End is reached, Dr. Fetus chooses a player to face in the final boss battle at his castle. Until then, Dr. Fetus cannot be killed.

C.H.A.D. – An animated mass of blood and tissue that confronts any intruders at the Hospital. When the players are in Chapter 2: Hospital, C.H.A.D. selects a target every night to attack. C.H.A.D. is very fast and his attack is brutal.

Little Horn – A giant shadow monster from Hell that resembles Meat Boy, this villain grows strength from the failure of others. When the players are in Chapter 4: Hell, Little Horn selects a target every night to attack. Little Horn's speed starts as normal, but grows faster with every player's death; likewise, his attack grows more powerful with every player's death.

Larries Lament – A collective of three giant maggots that burrow in the ground, waiting for prey to attack. When the players are in Chapter 5: Rapture, Larries Lament selects anywhere from one to three targets every night to attack. Each of the three maggots is very slow, but combined they can do lethal damage.

Independent (1)

Brownie – Designed to look like Meat Boy, but instead composed of fecal matter, Brownie hates to race (but Dr. Fetus makes him anyway). When the players are in Chapter 3: The Salt Factory, Brownie races a challenger, selected by Dr. Fetus, hoping to beat them in order to avoid death. If the opponent defeats Brownie, they can choose to help him from death or to let him die. If Brownie defeats the opponent, he has the same decision to make. As Brownie is designed like Meat Boy, he is very fast and has a normal jump.

DYNAMICS

• There are no standard lynches this game. Instead, each player has a certain number of lives. Each vote received equates to one lost life. Once a player hits zero lives, they die.
• A player's speed determines their lives.
• A player's jump determines their attack evasion skills (if they are a hero). A player's attack determines the effectiveness of their night kill (if they are a villain).
• A specific combination of both speed and jump applies to races with Brownie.
• A player's special ability beyond speed or jump often assists their jump (attack evasion) but may also have other effects (such as Tim's time manipulation).
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Re: Super Meat Boy [SPEED GAME]

Post by Tangrowth »

This will be my first speed game ever, a fact for which I am very excited! I have some really cool ideas for this mafia game that I think should complement the theme perfectly. The speed and jump are core abilities of each hero that will come into play and there are additional aspects that will affect the game as well, including the special abilities of heroes as well as the attacks of the villains.

Although none of the roles say "secrets" beyond their descriptions, it can likely be ascertained that there is more than meets the eye after reading them, and although unconventional as such, there should not be anything incomprehensible to the point of irritating rather than enjoyable, and the dynamic will be really neat to participate in, I imagine. I'm confident this will be a very neat theme and should be a ton of fun even for those who are not at all acquainted with the game. Should be cool to see it unfold!

For any gamers out there who have not played this and are not afraid of a challenge, definitely pick this up. It is available on PC (it is on Steam) and Xbox. It is a 2D platformer in the vain of Super Mario Bros. with a twist (very different than Mario Bros., but the influence is there, for sure), and quite enjoyable, although certainly very difficult at times. It is blood boiling more so than most other games I play due to the difficulty level, lol, but it is a fantastic game nonetheless. Excellent soundtrack and very intriguing level design are two main reasons I find it to be a worthwhile recommendation.
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Snow Dog »

Know nothing about this but it looks irresistible.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 3

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

I haven't read the roles or descriptions yet, but Super Meat Boy is incredibly awesome. I will be in as soon as signups go up.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Also, I've always thought that whoever designed Tim's character was a Doctor Who fan. I always thought he looked a lot like David Tennant.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

EBWOP: Not to mention his power involves manipulating time.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

It is incredibly awesome, isn't it? Seriously one of my favorite video games released in the last few years.

And, perhaps it's because I'm hardly yet familiar with Doctor Who (something I intend on rectifying), but I never made that comparison. Makes sense.

Using Tim in the game can be a bit broken, but only if you know how to use him just right. I never could figure it out personally, but my brother is very good at using his time manipulation ability to avoid death time and time again.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Can't find this game on Xbox 360
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Snow Dog wrote:Can't find this game on Xbox 360
It should be under Arcade Games.
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 1
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

This game is ridic hard, but fun to watch someone with higher gamer acumen play well.

Looks like a fun mafia setup for sure.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
It isn't on Amazon
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Mongoose wrote:This game is ridic hard, but fun to watch someone with higher gamer acumen play well.

Yeah, it is, on both counts! I'm trying to beat it now all by myself, but I'm having trouble. I only have beaten it using a shared file with my brother. :p

Snow Dog wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
It isn't on Amazon
It isn't on Amazon, I believe, since it's a downloadable game and not a hard copy. Try the Arcade Game segment under the Xbox Marketplace.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Mongoose wrote:This game is ridic hard, but fun to watch someone with higher gamer acumen play well.

Yeah, it is, on both counts! I'm trying to beat it now all by myself, but I'm having trouble. I only have beaten it using a shared file with my brother. :p

Snow Dog wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
It isn't on Amazon
It isn't on Amazon, I believe, since it's a downloadable game and not a hard copy. Try the Arcade Game segment under the Xbox Marketplace.
No point. I don't have Xbox live.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Snow Dog wrote:
No point. I don't have Xbox live.
Ah, that sucks. I suppose you could still get it on PC.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Alright, so I wasn't planning on revealing more of the details regarding the dynamics (speed, jump, etc.) just yet, but I am too excited to keep them hidden for any longer! Lol.

So the post has been updated with dynamics!
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Spacedaisy »

I am excited to see how the lynch votes = lives goes. I think it could vastly affect the way we strategize. I fully intend to play this game even though I know nothing of the theme other than what Alex has told me since he started writing this outline.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Mafia Game Submission Archive”