Dutchies (host/dead/non)
80%

Total votes: 20
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 225

Re: Day 8 ~ 2015 Game of Champions

Post by DrWilgy »

Here's the thing though, Kubrick doesn't have to be a role reveal. I could be entirely made up. It's interaction with JJJ just seems too perfectly baddie oriented.

by everyone, I mean I sent the fake message to Mac, who roleclaimed for me XD
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 1472

Post by Ricochet »

DrWilgy wrote:An example of the PM that could've been sent is this:
Hey SVS can you format this and send this message to the thread:
A role has been revealed!
Stanley Kubrick, A BADDIE: On Position 1, cannot be lynched. On any other position, cannot be night killed
At least that's how I formatted my messages in Star Wars.
But... the first line is written in Host Post ink. The way you formatted your message above, it would not have Host Post ink on it. That's the kind of Hosts getting mixed up in the intentions of a faction, that I spoke about a while ago.
S~V~S wrote:A role has been revealed!
Stanley Kubrick, A BADDIE:

On Position 1, cannot be lynched. On any other position, cannot be night killed
Also, to come back to the BR not saying anything idea, why would BR, revealing a baddie role, want to blab about it, in the thread... where baddies can pick up on who might have revealed their role?
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

You also don't post fake messages that are role reveals... in the revealed roles first page section. That's, like, further siding with whoever would do that's intentions. Literal bias. A fake message is a fake message. It doesn't get transported into the very design of the game.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 849
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Ricochet wrote:I didn't pick on Matt being that scumsky, what's your angle, MM?
I didn't say you picked on Matt for being a scumsky. :confused:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Pick on = picking up clues/proof.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Ricochet wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:An example of the PM that could've been sent is this:
Hey SVS can you format this and send this message to the thread:
A role has been revealed!
Stanley Kubrick, A BADDIE: On Position 1, cannot be lynched. On any other position, cannot be night killed
At least that's how I formatted my messages in Star Wars.
But... the first line is written in Host Post ink. The way you formatted your message above, it would not have Host Post ink on it. That's the kind of Hosts getting mixed up in the intentions of a faction, that I spoke about a while ago.
S~V~S wrote:A role has been revealed!
Stanley Kubrick, A BADDIE:

On Position 1, cannot be lynched. On any other position, cannot be night killed
Also, to come back to the BR not saying anything idea, why would BR, revealing a baddie role, want to blab about it, in the thread... where baddies can pick up on who might have revealed their role?
:shrug:

If I recall correctly, I think plenty of people were talking about that role. I don't think she would blab about it, rather mention it's existence at least once.
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Now that the EoD is heating up and people will likely gather, I'd like to repost this set of ideas I don't feel I received much to any input from others.
Ricochet wrote:Things currently players won't look into or reply to me

1) That follow-up question I posted after juliet's ISO.

2) "LC trusting Wilgy" / "Wilgy trusting LC", yet Wilgy not bothering to vote.
2b) Same with Matt.

3) Any input on Mac - how you read him vs. how much inconsistencies do you see or not in his game, based on what I've reported.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Regarding 2), arguably one of Wilgy or Matt (or motel room) could have been incapacitated from voting, but that still leaves the other one in the "I <3 LC, yet missed saving him" equation.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 240
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Ricochet wrote:Now that the EoD is heating up and people will likely gather, I'd like to repost this set of ideas I don't feel I received much to any input from others.

2b) Same with Matt.

3) Any input on Mac - how you read him vs. how much inconsistencies do you see or not in his game, based on what I've reported.
Rico, I'm not sure people understand your question after my ISO. It was something about whether zebra threw her power toward me. Here were zebras powers:

In position 4, Roger Rabbit can frame a player by making them appear bad to alignment checks.
In any other Position, he may target a player and force them to post using only emoticons for the next Day.

Obviously she didn't curse me to speak in emoticons so are you asking if she made me appear bad to alignment checks? Maybe you should repeat the question and be a little more specific as to what you are asking.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 308

Post by Matt »

Yup, you're totes right Rico. I faked missing the vote when LC died to save my teammate Drac.

How do you feel about MM switching his vote to LC last minute that day, despite...

Y'know what, nvm. I'm not sussing MM anymore, I forgot. He's neutral despite the rolechecker telling us otherwise.

Derp.
Image Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Hey Juliets, what are your thoughts on me currently?
Image Image Image
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

juliets wrote:
Ricochet wrote:Now that the EoD is heating up and people will likely gather, I'd like to repost this set of ideas I don't feel I received much to any input from others.

2b) Same with Matt.

Rico, I'm not sure people understand your question after my ISO. It was something about whether zebra threw her power toward me. Here were zebras powers:

In position 4, Roger Rabbit can frame a player by making them appear bad to alignment checks.
In any other Position, he may target a player and force them to post using only emoticons for the next Day.

Obviously she didn't curse me to speak in emoticons so are you asking if she made me appear bad to alignment checks? Maybe you should repeat the question and be a little more specific as to what you are asking.
oh..."make them appear bad..."

:eek:

nevermind, I officially derped on that one. ;airguitar:

Question rescinded! Your ISO officially ends at the second skeleton image. Everything posted after that is null and void.

:phew:
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Matt wrote:Yup, you're totes right Rico. I faked missing the vote when LC died to save my teammate Drac.

How do you feel about MM switching his vote to LC last minute that day, despite...

Y'know what, nvm. I'm not sussing MM anymore, I forgot. He's neutral despite the rolechecker telling us otherwise.

Derp.
Who said anything about faking missing the vote?

I remember having some very harsh words about MM switching his vote to LC last minute, k? Image
DharmaHelper
Posts in topic: 686

Post by DharmaHelper »

Git gud tho.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

In regards to your question about Juliets, I don't know. It's a possibility, but I've seen less evidence of that being true than Kubrick's existence.

A quick ctrl+f search of Juliet's interactions with Dom make Juliets trusted Dom
A quck ctrl+f search of Dom's interactions with Juliets make me think Dom trusted her

Linki: well shit, I know why I was confused now.
Image Image Image
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

DrWilgy wrote:Hey Juliets, what are your thoughts on me currently?
I'm trying to decide whether I'm going to change my vote. I will say however I thought your quotes on Sorsha were better proof that she did suspect Lorab and was not just bussing her. There were plenty of other people brought up as suspects that she could have jumped ship away from Lorab if she had wanted to avoid actually lynching her. I know you were trying to prove the opposite of what I saw there but I'm just telling you the way I see it. I'm probably the only one.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

juliets wrote:
I'm trying to decide whether I'm going to change my vote. I will say however I thought your quotes on Sorsha were better proof that she did suspect Lorab and was not just bussing her. There were plenty of other people brought up as suspects that she could have jumped ship away from Lorab if she had wanted to avoid actually lynching her. I know you were trying to prove the opposite of what I saw there but I'm just telling you the way I see it. I'm probably the only one.
Sure are. Everyone Sorsha did try to jump the suspicion boat to was whack. Sig on D2 for no previous reason. Golden on D3 for post-Fuzz-kill voodoo stuff or something like that. JJJ on and off for LC's case. None of her secondary suspicions hold up.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Also, bear in mind that FZ. and bea are the only ones who haven't voted so far, and one of them might be unable to do so. Therefore, there's not much wiggle room left, unless players start shifting votes. If you're civ, juliets, weigh your vote switch responsibly, if you intend to do so.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

juliets wrote:
Which is a fair opinion. I went into that quoting thinking that Rico was onto something and may have been looking for it. Could also be signs of her being an unsure civ, but I'm doubting that was the case based upon her panic of recent phases.

Something that I think further weakens the Sorsha/Me bus theory, is that if Sorsha did bus LoRab like that, then if I bussed her, would that be her reaction be appropriate as a teammate that bussed LoRab?
Image Image Image
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Ricochet wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Pick on = picking up clues/proof.
I'm lost. When did I discuss you and Matt in the same post?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

btw DH I found Wilgys and Sorsha equally bad in their ISOs, so you can vote with whomever you like today. :p

linki: I'll rephrase dude. I'm not seeing Matt that bad on the scumscale, based on my ISO. What's your case on Matt being bad?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

2b) Same with Matt.

I have talked about Mac. I responded to your question with why I think he's on DrWilgy's team.

Probably not the other two ideas.

Linki: You'll see my reason in the above link in this post. There hasn't been much if anything to make me think Matt is bad. I did list his name on a baddie team, but that was more for parity, and less for how I feel about him.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Ricochet wrote:Also, bear in mind that FZ. and bea are the only ones who haven't voted so far, and one of them might be unable to do so. Therefore, there's not much wiggle room left, unless players start shifting votes. If you're civ, juliets, weigh your vote switch responsibly, if you intend to do so.
Gee Rico, I'm glad you reminded me to weigh any switch I might make responsibly because otherwise I might have forgotten.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper
Posts in topic: 686

Post by DharmaHelper »

Ricochet wrote:btw DH I found Wilgys and Sorsha equally bad in their ISOs, so you can vote with whomever you like today. :p

linki: I'll rephrase dude. I'm not seeing Matt that bad on the scumscale, based on my ISO. What's your case on Matt being bad?
D'ya think my fan club will switch over with me?
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

juliets wrote:
Ricochet wrote:Also, bear in mind that FZ. and bea are the only ones who haven't voted so far, and one of them might be unable to do so. Therefore, there's not much wiggle room left, unless players start shifting votes. If you're civ, juliets, weigh your vote switch responsibly, if you intend to do so.
Gee Rico, I'm glad you reminded me to weigh any switch I might make responsibly because otherwise I might have forgotten.
Don't mention it. :biggrin:

Who would you switch to, though?

Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 308

Post by Matt »

Well, gotta get to work peeps.

Lol. Now you guys are thinking of switching to Sorsha? Please don't. Keep it between Wilgy and Drac, IMO.

Or switch to MM. Thanks!

Peace out
Image Image Image Image
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Matt wrote:Well, gotta get to work peeps.

Lol. Now you guys are thinking of switching to Sorsha? Please don't. Keep it between Wilgy and Drac, IMO.

Or switch to MM. Thanks!

Peace out
Yeah, why should we switch to someone you barely mentioned any thoughts on? :smoky:

---

Wilgy just signed up for Arrested Development. Is he packing up his baddie medical kit, in preparation for toDay's flip?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Matt wrote:Well, gotta get to work peeps.

Or switch to MM. Thanks!

Peace out
:ponder:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Rico why are you counting down your posts?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Me accepting that there's a good chance of me dying soon has nothing to do with alignment Rico.

5 left until 1000 Papryco posts Jules.
Image Image Image
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

juliets wrote:Rico why are you counting down your posts?
Something important is up ahead. :noble:

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Papryco, what's yours and JJJ's records?
Image Image Image
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

DrWilgy wrote:Papryco, what's yours and JJJ's records?
1,002 vs 1,450

But by virtue of Special Games not counting for the Championships, THM didn't count for The Syndicate, so I'll be officially first now. :noble:

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Ricochet wrote:
1,002 vs 1,450

But by virtue of Special Games not counting for the Championships, THM didn't count for The Syndicate, so I'll be officially first now. :noble:

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Image Image Image
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

I want to take this opportunity to salute our Turnip Grandmaster, who I am passing by for the second time. :beer:

Also, off to take a shower and do some homework. brb

JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 429
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

This guy.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Players that need to be murked:
Motel, MM, Drac.
Image Image Image
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Ricochet wrote:
1,002 vs 1,450

The Championship game counts as a Special Game.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
1,002 vs 1,450

The Championship game counts as a Special Game.

B-but ... it's made of genuine Full and Side elements!

I lost count.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

DrWilgy wrote:Players that need to be murked:
Motel, MM, Drac.
Why me? I've not been bodied yet. :ninja:

Linki: Better try again in Arrested Development. :grin:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:Players that need to be murked:
Motel, MM, Drac.
Why me? I've not been bodied yet. :ninja:

Linki: Better try again in Arrested Development. :grin:
I still don't believe Civs can win with you alive. If we can murk 2 or three baddies in a row, it would look exceptionally better for you Marmot. We may be able to win without lynching you at that point.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Also that was

Papryco
Image Image Image
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I don't know why lynching me if we don't lynch baddies is necessary, but lynching me if we do lynch baddies is unnecessary.

The conclusion that this statement of yours brings me to is that you're saying the Baddies would benefit from lynching me while the civilians would not.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Let me clarify.

You stated that you don't think the Civilians can win with me alive. Why then, if we lynch a couple baddies in a row, would it be okay to leave me alive?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:I don't know why lynching me if we don't lynch baddies is necessary, but lynching me if we do lynch baddies is unnecessary.

The conclusion that this statement of yours brings me to is that you're saying the Baddies would benefit from lynching me while the civilians would not.
Incorrect. Marmot, you have to realize that you are an enigma that can't be answered until game over right?

If we don't have to lynch you because we find baddies and other leads, that would be fantastic. If we are at Lylo and you are alive, there will be no way for us to and judge you other than whether or not we believe you.

Note that this is assuming you are 3rd party as you say. I don't want to decline your win condition if we don't have to, but at this point I think we might be pretty close to needing to.

Linki: because we won't be as close to LYLO
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Marmot, I think the only situation where you and I can win at the same time at this point is if we win before LYLO.
Image Image Image
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

DrWilgy wrote:Marmot, I think the only situation where you and I can win at the same time at this point is if we win before LYLO.
The unfortunate part of this LYLO bizness is that only the Baddies will know when that day comes.

Your continued reference to it (or anyone's really) does not look good for you.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

If MM's role can be tagged as an "opposing faction" for the civs, then we can't win with him alive.
DrWilgy wrote:Marmot, I think the only situation where you and I can win at the same time at this point is if we win before LYLO.
Hey, what about me!

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
The unfortunate part of this LYLO bizness is that only the Baddies will know when that day comes.

Your continued reference to it (or anyone's really) does not look good for you.
How-so? I think it's a legitimate concern here.

Started with 30 players, average mafia counts for a game that size is 7-9

There are 11 of us left and there are 2 dead baddies meaning:
If we started with 7 that means 5 baddies remain, meaning 5/11 and this is LYLO

The hope is that there are:
1. Two teams
2. Dead baddie seemers
3. A strangely low number of starting mafia

Linki - yes, you too Papryco
Image Image Image
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Ok, but as a civilian, how does one say "Guys, we're in LYLO now, let's go ahead and lynch the marmot?" with any certain justification?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”