[END] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

How would you rate Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)?

5 stars
45%
4 1/2 stars
20%
4 stars
20%
3 1/2 stars
No votes
3 stars
No votes
2 1/2 stars
No votes
2 stars
No votes
1 1/2 stars
No votes
1 star
5%
0 stars (I didn't play!)
10%

Total votes: 20
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 449

Re: [NIGHT 5] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

Post by MacDougall »

Choutas wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Choutas wrote:Dear serial killer

Although we've never met before fate has intertwined our paths. I am sure this will be very bold of me but bare my straightforwardness. I have been having very clear indications that strawhenge/sig/epignosis/rico are scum. By scum I mean scum of the earth. Thugs of the lowest order that need to be exterminated in order for both of our factions to have a decent chance to win this game. Many people call you a serial killer but they are gravely mistaken. You are a white knight upholding justice. Just kill either of those four(or two if you have stacked kills) and make this world a better place.

PS: Cherish every moment, life is too small for being petty.
PS 2: Don't kill me.

Your beautiful and all knowing friend.
Little Chris.
:suspish: !

Not only am I scum for you for allegedly chatting about the SK (feel free to refresh your scum read on me, if otherwise)

but you've just went from "talking about SK is scum"

to addressing the SK himself and asking for his "help"!

:SVS: :SVS: :SVS: :SVS: :SVS: :SVS: :SVS: :SVS:
There is no vigilante in this game so I recoursed to the next available role. I didn't talk about the serial killer I asked from him to kill you. Did you see any theorizing on who the SK is? Thank you for proving me right.
Seriously if you're not a scum I'm willing to retire from playing mafia. Seriously you have my word for it.
Perhaps you can try making a case against rico and getting the rest of us to comply with it rather than asking the serial killer to target them and playing a retirement gambit over it.

That would be the expected behaviour anyway.

linki: Possible MattF. Also possible that they've failed twice and are on their last chance saloon tomorrow night. So either we've lost our vig or our vig is in a bit of trouble.
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 1041

Post by Ricochet »

Choutas wrote:I really don't like it when players talk about the serial killer when they know so little about him. Scum are known on rym to use the SK in their posts to pseudo-contribute in some way.
But you making a pseudo-contributive letter, talking to the SK directly and asking for support, is totally good if you do it.

Nah.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Do you really think that what Choutas just did makes him anti-town? It's a strange strange move but I struggle to rationalise it as an anti-town one.

It does make his earlier posts on the subject read non genuine though, which is a bad look.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 502

Post by Epignosis »

MacDougall wrote:

Although we've never met before fate has intertwined our paths. I am sure this will be very bold of me but bare my straightforwardness. I have been having very clear indications that strawhenge/sig/epignosis/rico are scum. By scum I mean scum of the earth. Thugs of the lowest order that need to be exterminated in order for both of our factions to have a decent chance to win this game. Many people call you a serial killer but they are gravely mistaken. You are a white knight upholding justice. Just kill either of those four(or two if you have stacked kills) and make this world a better place.

Little Chris.
How bizarre considering I have 3 of those 4 as strong town reads and Epi as very unlikely to be straight scum.
I'm gay scum according to you. :biggrin:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Matt F wrote:
Matt F wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Matt F wrote:Tbh, Rico, you continually asking MP to modkill non-players makes me increasingly suspicious. Didn't you call for rdw's modkill, and he was civvie?
Where did I ask the Hosts to modkill either espers or RDW? I asked for status clarification, under the Participation Score guidelines.
Lol
Seriously, this had me laughing but down to business...

You correcting me from "modkill" to "status clarification" is all well and good, but you've hardly defended the point. Why do you keep asking for status clarification if you're not trying to get them mod-killed?

Also, I seem to remember a certain Rico causing ties in the Day 0 thread.

Linki - The civvie killer hasn't killed once. Earlier I was thinking maybe that role went to HamburgerBoy.
I note you don't think it could have been any of the other dead townies? Why is only HamburgerBoy a mystery to you?

linki: At least you're fabulous.
Choutas
The Mark
Posts in topic: 254

Post by Choutas »

Ricochet wrote:
Choutas wrote:
Ricochet wrote:

Little Chris.

Not only am I scum for you for allegedly chatting about the SK (feel free to refresh your scum read on me, if otherwise)

There is no vigilante in this game so I recoursed to the next available role. I didn't talk about the serial killer I asked from him to kill you. Did you see any theorizing on who the SK is? Thank you for proving me right.
Seriously if you're not a scum I'm willing to retire from playing mafia. Seriously you have my word for it.
Oh, no vigilante, you say?

Born Under Punches (The Heat Goes On) – Kills a player of its choice every even night. If the kill is against a fellow civilian, there is a 50% chance of failure. If it fails to kill three times, it dies.

Did you kill him with your team, so that he's not "in this game" anymore?

May I remind that I also didn't theorize anything about the SK when you blamed me for it. Thank you for defending yourself the same way I technically did. Yet I'm supposed to be scum and the same charge to just bounce right off you.

Pack your bags. You're not only retiring, but tomorrow you're getting lynched, as well.
So much the better, lynching you is gonna combine duty with pleasure. Kill me tonight, that's the last chance you're gonna get. Tomorrow I'm going after you bro.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Matt F wrote:
Matt F wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Matt F wrote:Tbh, Rico, you continually asking MP to modkill non-players makes me increasingly suspicious. Didn't you call for rdw's modkill, and he was civvie?
Where did I ask the Hosts to modkill either espers or RDW? I asked for status clarification, under the Participation Score guidelines.
Lol
Seriously, this had me laughing but down to business...

You correcting me from "modkill" to "status clarification" is all well and good, but you've hardly defended the point. Why do you keep asking for status clarification if you're not trying to get them mod-killed?

Also, I seem to remember a certain Rico causing ties in the Day 0 thread.

Linki - The civvie killer hasn't killed once. Earlier I was thinking maybe that role went to HamburgerBoy.
I'm not correcting you, you said that I've "asked MP to modkill". That's literally defending myself against you, at best, misunderstanding what I did and, at worst, putting words in my mouth.

I can't get anyone modkilled, modkills don't happen at players' requests. :shrug: People will get modkilled if they fail to meet the criterias.

I don't have any idea what connection there is between Day 0 and this subject. But if you insist, lemme just roll my sleeves, in case you really want to go over that thing again, for no reason except that you have it written in your notebook.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Choutas wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Choutas wrote:
Ricochet wrote:

Little Chris.

Oh, no vigilante, you say?

Born Under Punches (The Heat Goes On) – Kills a player of its choice every even night. If the kill is against a fellow civilian, there is a 50% chance of failure. If it fails to kill three times, it dies.

Did you kill him with your team, so that he's not "in this game" anymore?

May I remind that I also didn't theorize anything about the SK when you blamed me for it. Thank you for defending yourself the same way I technically did. Yet I'm supposed to be scum and the same charge to just bounce right off you.

Pack your bags. You're not only retiring, but tomorrow you're getting lynched, as well.
So much the better, lynching you is gonna combine duty with pleasure. Kill me tonight, that's the last chance you're gonna get. Tomorrow I'm going after you bro.
You mean the case that consists of one action (you didn't elaborate on what else makes me bad, so I'm guessing you have nothing), that I didn't actually do (because you misrepresented what I said when you accused me) and that you've anyway just contradicted yourself in classifying it as a scum-tell (since that would mean that you doing it yourself, at a much bigger level, would mean that you are scum)...?

Yeah, good luck with that.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Ricochet that's an interesting reaction to a player saying you did something you did not do (MattF). I would have expected more aggression than nervous backtracking. If he did that to me I'd have called him a dickless wonder.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

EBWOP: You mean going after mean with a case*
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

MacDougall wrote:Ricochet that's an interesting reaction to a player saying you did something you did not do (MattF). I would have expected more aggression than nervous backtracking. If he did that to me I'd have called him a dickless wonder.
Didn't you do that yesterday? :llama:

I'm not aggressive in that regard, but I'm always quick to point out when someone's misconstruing my words or point of view. Where's the "nervous backtracking" in that, exactly?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

We're going to be fucked if numerable scum turn out to be from the floyd/seaside/bcornett etc. low content posse. All the high contributors are shouting at each other in the middle of the banquet hall throwing food around while the scum are probably sitting down quietly sharing pensive glances with one another shuffling poker chips in their hands.

If you have night roles that could help reveal, intimidate or otherwise control these low content players I would put your focus there because it's looking like lynching them is going to be very hard.

linki: "Nervous backtracking" was really just the vibe you gave to me. A three paragraph response to something that was quite a flippant and unnecessary accusation reads like you are taking it more seriously than it deserves to be taken.

And no, I said his dick would shrivel up inside him and never come out. :fishing:
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

MacDougall wrote:
linki: "Nervous backtracking" was really just the vibe you gave to me. A three paragraph response to something that was quite a flippant and unnecessary accusation reads like you are taking it more seriously than it deserves to be taken.
Not really. First reply I did was asking him where I said I "asked mods to modkill" and clarifying my statements.

I got a "lol" for that, after which I got a multiple-point serious second point. I addressed all of those points.

If you found Matt's accusation flippant and unnecessary, why don't you challenge it as such? I'm on the other end of such an accusation and when that happens, I'll defend myself.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

None of the people I've called out for being bad have been lynched yet. 3J says town should trust one another despite misgivings.

I haven't been trusted once. Pick one of these: bcornett24, MacDougall, Black Rock, Russtifinko, and Ricochet...

...and lynch one.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Ricochet wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
Not really. First reply I did was asking him where I said I "asked mods to modkill" and clarifying my statements.

I got a "lol" for that, after which I got a multiple-point serious second point. I addressed all of those points.

If you found Matt's accusation flippant and unnecessary, why don't you challenge it as such? I'm on the other end of such an accusation and when that happens, I'll defend myself.
Well I'm kind of killing two birds with one stone by just talking to you about it and ignoring the poop throwing monkey.

Russtifinko (18), motel room (20), JaggedJimmyJay (22), RadicalFuzz (23), Metalmarsh89 (30), Diiny (31), Ricochet (32), Matt F (34)

So assuming that the scum role "Drugs" is responsible for this lynch, it's fair to say the scum wanted him dead and were banking on him being a top lynch candidate again. It's unlikely that anybody who was late on the Espers wagon is scum otherwise they've gone mighty close to foiling the scum plan. Only one more vote for Espers and Devin would still be here.

It also makes JJJ extremely unlikely to be scum since he was pushing the shit out of it.

Now that being said, Espers could be town and as things happened the lynch may not have mattered one way or the other to the scum and all of this could be meaningless. But I'm softened on Metalmarsh and Diiny and my town reads of Rico and MattF are strengthened because of this.

Jimmy couldn't be more town if he was wearing a white hat that had the word town on it.

Looking at the later votes on Devinwagon, and none came before any of these four so it doesn't look like the scum got desparate and tried to double down to ensure Devin got lynched, but it does make me more weary of sig, Bullzeye and Black Rock.

linki: So coupled with Epi's request, let's take a closer look at Black Rock.
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 468

Post by Matt »

MacD - I suggested HamburgerBoy because he was killed N1, and there have been no civvie night kills in the entire game.

It's possible if the civvie ninja fails, MP doesn't even mention it, but I'm inclined to believe that if the civvie ninja kill failed, it would say as such in the Night post (i.e. kind of how SK's second NK on Night 4 didn't go through).

Epignosis - I like MacD or Rico. I think Rico knows that I know a player can't literally make a host mod-kill someone, so him saying that to me makes me wary.
Image Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Also, just in case Bullz missed it last time - Who'd you target Night 4? Be honest.
Image Image Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

If espers is going to be modkilled, then why waste a lynch on him?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

MacDougall wrote:It also makes JJJ extremely unlikely to be scum since he was pushing the shit out of it.
And 3J keeps stressing how civilian you are. :suspish:
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Epignosis wrote:If espers is going to be modkilled, then why waste a lynch on him?
If he's bad, we would skip the Night. No waste of a lynch there.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Epignosis wrote:
MacDougall wrote:It also makes JJJ extremely unlikely to be scum since he was pushing the shit out of it.
I noticed that, too.
espers
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 32

Post by espers »

ugh why am i still not dead

i'm genuinely sorry for my behaviour, but i'm way behind and not really invested in this right now.

no insult intended to the hosts or anyone playing, i'm just not in the right frame of mind for this. don't anticipate checking in again. :(

also, i deserve to die for missing the vote
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 114

Post by Elohcin »

@ Matt and Epi: Whatdo you see about rico? I feel like he's been a helpful civ.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Elohcin wrote:@ Matt and Epi: Whatdo you see about rico? I feel like he's been a helpful civ.
For me, it's tone. He sounds like he's trying to be helpful and it's rubbing me as false. That's completely subjective, but that's what it is. My suspicion of him came from him making a big ass post of nothing:
Epignosis wrote:
Ricochet wrote:RIP K4J and HamburgerBoy.

It's not...yesterday...anymore.

Lots to catch up on, it seems, but I have to study and have some appointments during the next hours.

From the BWT voters, I have some issues with a few, namely Wilgy, b24, sig.

For I may have said myself before about B24's vote, notably him adding a lot of suspicion parameters, besides the "easy vote" part, that aren't clear to me, at least.

And I may have told myself: Wilgy's vote was first, so I doubt it could have influenced the outcome much, but it gives me strange vibe of being a vote planted in the nest and left there. He criticised BWT's as well as my claims of different gameplay once the game started rolling, but he felt satisfied with my explanations, yet kept the suss on BWT. Furthermore, he said he awaited more info or thoughts from BWT himself (which BWT offered, afterwards), but then didn't return for the last 12 hours of the phase.

And I may have found myself thinking sig's vote for BWT was self-defense - or at least thinking this way because of someone labeling it as such (Golden?) - but it turns out it was a vote based on other's arguments and on BWT being his most suspicious player. Yet I see no traces of BWT growing as a suspect to him. Plus, from his posts, I rather get the feel LC would have qualified as more suspicious overall (on whom he held off voting, preferring BWT instead).

I also may have noted to myself that, although I don't disagree with the fact that BWT made some uninspired D0/Dusk0 moves (hence I don't disagree with this vote for BWT per se), I found Matt to be, except for something about an exchange between Zebra and Roxy, fixated on D0/DU0 issues, rather than the present time. Not sure what to make of this.

---

As for right now, I find you may ask yourself: what's up with MM voting first (again) and why seaside?

And you may ask yourself: what's up with Floyd voting Ace and saying nothing? Is it true that it's his first game ever? Is he familiarized with the procedures, at least? I can understand the anxiety of participating in such a large game, but I still don't know what to make of his ghost vote moves, since he isn't saying anything about them.

And yes, I may find myself that everyone "town reading" him for as little as this should explain why. Let's not turn this into a running joke for this game, without getting some explanations as well.
This is one big ass post full of nothing. You have acknowledged every side of every coin without expressing an opinion yourself.

I'm inclined to believe that your goal is to maintain focus on broad array of people without taking a stand against any particular one of them.
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 88

Post by Sorsha »

*Hands Devin a copy of Handbook for the Recently Deceased*

This thing reads like stereo instructions but maybe it'll help you.

:bighug:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

espers wrote:ugh why am i still not dead

i'm genuinely sorry for my behaviour, but i'm way behind and not really invested in this right now.

no insult intended to the hosts or anyone playing, i'm just not in the right frame of mind for this. don't anticipate checking in again. :(

also, i deserve to die for missing the vote
:ponder:

Why would espers bother going along with the obvious punishment from MP at the bottom there...if he didn't anticipate checking in again?

RYMers - Is espers polite enough to acknowledge and go through with MP's punishment if he planned on not even playing anymore?
Image Image Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Ricochet wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
I noticed that, too.
I guess that makes you guys literate. Congrats.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 959
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

MacDougall wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
MacDougall wrote:

Well I'm kind of killing two birds with one stone by just talking to you about it and ignoring the poop throwing monkey.

Russtifinko (18), motel room (20), JaggedJimmyJay (22), RadicalFuzz (23), Metalmarsh89 (30), Diiny (31), Ricochet (32), Matt F (34)

So assuming that the scum role "Drugs" is responsible for this lynch, it's fair to say the scum wanted him dead and were banking on him being a top lynch candidate again. It's unlikely that anybody who was late on the Espers wagon is scum otherwise they've gone mighty close to foiling the scum plan. Only one more vote for Espers and Devin would still be here.

It also makes JJJ extremely unlikely to be scum since he was pushing the shit out of it.

Now that being said, Espers could be town and as things happened the lynch may not have mattered one way or the other to the scum and all of this could be meaningless. But I'm softened on Metalmarsh and Diiny and my town reads of Rico and MattF are strengthened because of this.

Jimmy couldn't be more town if he was wearing a white hat that had the word town on it.

Looking at the later votes on Devinwagon, and none came before any of these four so it doesn't look like the scum got desparate and tried to double down to ensure Devin got lynched, but it does make me more weary of sig, Bullzeye and Black Rock.

linki: So coupled with Epi's request, let's take a closer look at Black Rock.
According to this theory, Devin was targeted with Drugs last night. Otherwise, he (probably) should have been lynched Day 4.

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

You cracked the case guys. Jimmy has been publicly orchestrating town lynches on purpose while maintaining a vocal town read on a teammate and we both bussed Long Con on day 2 because he asked us to.

Or we are both townies who have a town read on each other and both had a scum read on a scum player.

And in a twist of fate you two are our teammates.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

MacDougall wrote:You cracked the case guys. Jimmy has been publicly orchestrating town lynches on purpose while maintaining a vocal town read on a teammate and we both bussed Long Con on day 2 because he asked us to.

Or we are both townies who have a town read on each other and both had a scum read on a scum player.

Don't forget the shrunken penises.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

MacDougall wrote:You cracked the case guys. Jimmy has been publicly orchestrating town lynches on purpose while maintaining a vocal town read on a teammate and we both bussed Long Con on day 2 because he asked us to.

You may have Jay fooled, but you don't have me fooled. :fist:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Matt
Racketeer

Re: [DAY 5] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

Post by Matt »

Devin the Omniscient wrote:Anywho, voting Diiny today. Because, reasons. ;)
:ponder:

I wonder if Devin saw something in the spectator chat, hence "reasons". Of course, I also noticed he said the exact same thing about Sorsha once, and she was civvie so...?
Image Image Image Image
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 228
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

RIP Devin.

espers....Avoids being modkilled by checking in, only to say that he doesn't care about the game and wants to be out anyway (and that's not counting his punishment of saying "I deserve to die". Probably forces us to use another lynch to get him, Super lame, and probably a baddie indicator.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Epignosis wrote:
Ricochet wrote:Not sure what Russ tried to mention with the Bioshock reference, considering that he said Devin was SK?! What kind of alliance was that? How can you have a long term, civ-inclined, alliance with an SK? How can his alignment back then be indicative of his civvieness here?
It's complicated. I was Mafia that got recruited by a civilian, betrayed my entire team, with all of them but one dying in one Night, my civilian master turned last man standing, and then I got recruited by somebody else.

Good times.
Yeah, I thought that point might be confusing. Tried to word it as best I could, but I guess it didn't work. Sorry. I was trying to say Devin was acting like he was allied with all of us, barring a select few.
Epignosis wrote:Also, I just want to say you guys misuse the term "WIFOM" a lot a lot. It doesn't mean lying or misleading someone.
You overuse a lot a lot a lot. :p
MacDougall wrote:Maybe this means that the lead vote getter was this person;

Girlfriend Is Better – Because of its hypnotizing, persuasive big suit, it cannot be lynched. However, if it is targeted at night with a power, it has a 50% chance of affecting another randomly selected civilian as well.

So second place vote getter goes instead?
No, lynches are not Night powers.

I thought you were anti far-fetched theories?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Russtifinko wrote:No, lynches are not Night powers.

I thought you were anti far-fetched theories?
:haha:
Image Image Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Russtifinko wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Also, I just want to say you guys misuse the term "WIFOM" a lot a lot. It doesn't mean lying or misleading someone.
You overuse a lot a lot a lot. :p
We say "a lot a lot" in our house. It's called repetition. Get a degree in something.
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Epignosis wrote:At some point, bcornett24 needs to be held responsible for all the shitty lynches he's voted in early. :suspish:
This is actually a decent point. I think there is at least one better lynch candidate out thee, given my neutral to town read of his content, but I'll keep him in mind.
Choutas wrote: I have been having very clear indications that strawhenge/sig/epignosis/rico are scum. By scum I mean scum of the earth. Thugs of the lowest order that need to be exterminated in order for both of our factions to have a decent chance to win this game.
What makes you say those four specifically? Forgive me if I've been missing something, but I haven't noticed you going after any of them yet. Suddenly they're all confirmed bad?
Epignosis wrote:None of the people I've called out for being bad have been lynched yet. 3J says town should trust one another despite misgivings.

I haven't been trusted once. Pick one of these: bcornett24, MacDougall, Black Rock, Russtifinko, and Ricochet...

...and lynch one.
Rico is back on your list! Why?? And why still only 5 baddies, on a team that potentially has 6 left? Where did your other 5th person from before go? (Sorry but I forget who it was.) Most importantly, why are you randomly throwing names around with no cases, no prodding, no goading us into reactions?
Matt F wrote:MacD - I suggested HamburgerBoy because he was killed N1, and there have been no civvie night kills in the entire game.

It's possible if the civvie ninja fails, MP doesn't even mention it, but I'm inclined to believe that if the civvie ninja kill failed, it would say as such in the Night post (i.e. kind of how SK's second NK on Night 4 didn't go through).

Epignosis - I like MacD or Rico. I think Rico knows that I know a player can't literally make a host mod-kill someone, so him saying that to me makes me wary.
I believe MP confirmed that failed NKs are written into the host post, so this is a theory of yours I actually agree with.

Linki: I was using repetition too! Repetition was viewed by the Greeks and Romans as a very effective way to make a point, particularly when used in 3s. It was also seen as giving sentences a nice symmetry.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I believe I have uncovered the truth.

You are all just antisocial to new players to your forum.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Russtifinko wrote:Linki: I was using repetition too! Repetition was viewed by the Greeks and Romans as a very effective way to make a point, particularly when used in 3s. It was also seen as giving sentences a nice symmetry.
Fuck you repetition was invented by the devil

I saw Russtifinko with the devil!
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

MacDougall wrote:I believe I have uncovered the truth.

You are all just antisocial to new players to your forum.
Ha! I actually think you're one of the funniest players I've ever played with, despite much of your material being aimed at me. :workit:
Image Image Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Did you like my lynch poster?
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

MacDougall wrote:Did you like my lynch poster?
I know Sorsha liked it. ;)
Image Image Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Matt F wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Did you like my lynch poster?
I know Sorsha liked it. ;)
No you don't.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Here's something to chew on. This relies on Occam's Razor quite a bit.

I looked back through the role list. Drugs appears to be the most likely impact on the lynch of Devin because it directly applies 2 votes to Devin's total if he was targeted. Also recall that Drugs will add 2 votes to each subsequent lynch of the targeted player, not just the following day. On Day 5, Devin was lynched even though he appeared to be behind in the lynch 8-6 to espers.

But on Day 4, Devin lost in the lynch to Sorsha 10-9. Again, if Devin was targeted by Drugs before Day 4, then he probably should have been lynched on this day, but Sorsha was lynched instead. This would suggest the Devin was targeted by Drugs on Night 4. But why would Devin be targeted by Drugs on the night after he gained 9 votes and almost won the lynch? What do y'all think? Why toss the two extra votes his way? Why use an every-other-night power on a player with a lot of suspicion around them instead of on another player who you expect to last longer in the game and also be an effective force?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

If you guys want to lynch me tomorrow I won't fight you as long as you promise me one thing.

After I flip town, MattF is not allowed to play mafia on this forum for 3 months.

linki: Oh no you said Occam's Razor. Here comes Epi.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

MacDougall wrote:If you guys want to lynch me tomorrow I won't fight you as long as you promise me one thing.

After I flip town, MattF is not allowed to play mafia on this forum for 3 months.

Now you're intimidated. :suspish:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Here's something to chew on. This relies on Occam's Razor quite a bit.

I looked back through the role list. Drugs appears to be the most likely impact on the lynch of Devin because it directly applies 2 votes to Devin's total if he was targeted. Also recall that Drugs will add 2 votes to each subsequent lynch of the targeted player, not just the following day. On Day 5, Devin was lynched even though he appeared to be behind in the lynch 8-6 to espers.

But on Day 4, Devin lost in the lynch to Sorsha 10-9. Again, if Devin was targeted by Drugs before Day 4, then he probably should have been lynched on this day, but Sorsha was lynched instead. This would suggest the Devin was targeted by Drugs on Night 4. But why would Devin be targeted by Drugs on the night after he gained 9 votes and almost won the lynch? What do y'all think? Why toss the two extra votes his way? Why use an every-other-night power on a player with a lot of suspicion around them instead of on another player who you expect to last longer in the game and also be an effective force?
You don't know what WIFOM is.

You don't know what Occam's Razor is either.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

MacDougall wrote:If you guys want to lynch me tomorrow I won't fight you as long as you promise me one thing.

Be careful, they might want to take you up on that offer.

I'm down, though. :beer:
Image Image Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:

Now you're intimidated. :suspish:
If you say so. :shrug:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Here's something to chew on. This relies on Occam's Razor quite a bit.

Probably to ensure a townie lynch in case there was a scum player close to being lynched. :shrug:

linki: Sick, Matt's a gambler! I like it. Let's do it. I'll fetch the rope.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Epignosis wrote:

You don't know what WIFOM is.

You don't know what Occam's Razor is either.
Sure I do.

Is it more likely that one role ability influenced the lynch? Or two? Or three?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”